Monster Hunter bread

Which Monster Hunter is best logo

Attached: 05mh7vyigl631.jpg (1404x1752, 325K)

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom.fandom.com/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3_Games
vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
mynintendonews.com/2019/05/21/capcom-platinum-games-sales-update-21st-may-2019/
resetera.com/threads/capcom-platinum-page-updated-mhw-1-2m-mhxx-1-2m-sfv-700k-re7-400k-and-more-re5-is-at-11m-games-and-series-rankings.98428/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Nintendo_Switch-only_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_4-only_games
youtube.com/watch?v=WP3TOyvp3MQ
youtu.be/B1tPvlAVK9g
cog-members.mhf-z.jp/sp/news/13980.html
youtube.com/watch?v=o0DatidajNA
famitsu.com/news/201309/17040094.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Tuz9UK3ISRs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Monster Hunter 4 design is kino. The Japanese double cross is the worst.

XX

All 6 flagships are present in the Crosses and you get a big red comet which is game plot relevant.

Best is 3G, 4, or Generations (English). The original is pretty nice too.
Worst is World by a country mile.

Tri.

Ok, Yea Forums, which logo has the most SOUL?

the original monster hunter logo

Objectively the original

>Tri
WELL UH, YOU SEE THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, IN THIS BUSINESS, I AM THE GAME AUSTIN

Tri and 3G have a damn good logo.

The OG, Tri and MHXX imo.

How many of the logos actually have the game's main monsters represented on them?
>MH, MHG and MHP all obviously have Rathalos
>MHP2 has Nargacuga claw marks but not Nargacuga itself
>MH4 and MH4G have Gore and Shagaru stylised for the logo
Anything else?

The cramped, claustrophobic open-world one.

Double Cross is so fucking ridiculous I love it but Tri's logo is beautiful in its simplicity.

So is there a chance we'll be getting a Monster Hunter game that's like the older games again, or is MH forever dead now that World is selling like hotcakes to normies?

Attached: 1367656404870.gif (200x126, 1.6M)

>So is there a chance we'll be getting a Monster Hunter game that's like the older games again
People will tell you otherwise, but yes, of course there is.

>XXAll 6 flagships are present in the Crosses and you get a big red comet which is game plot relevant.

oh snap hadn't even seen that

I really doubt they'll just sit on all those assets forever.

Is world any good? Im a solofag and not sure if its a must coop.

World combines solo and co-op

World is a great MH title with tons of new features horribly hampered by unbelievably terrible balancing (AT Nerg is beyond shit game design, but at the same time, most monsters are pathetically easy to deal with) and a painful lack of content. Iceborne probably isn't going to fix this, but it'll be a good place to get your foot in the door when World 2 comes out and hopefully addresses World's countless flaws.

World is the easiest MH to solo.
It's also the one that's the most bare bones one.

4 because the icon shows both Shagaru and Gore as well as being the design for their Charge Blades

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1000x800, 155K)

the feeling of "we dont have enough thing to do" in World is definitely weird. Even p3rd feel much larger to me, even tho World has more weapons and monsters
perhaps its because the endgame selection is a joke

Tri and 3U have stylized leviathans (maybe Lagi?) on them, probably signifying the fact thats its their 1st appearance

We need more bingposting in this thread because you niggas seem a bit too negative toward MHW.

Attached: 1375817215781.jpg (640x480, 48K)

Iceborne too

Attached: logo.png (960x647, 555K)

4 (Shiggy and Gore) and 2 (Kushala and Yamatsukami) are the only two icons that show both the flagship and final boss on them

World's logo depicts two dragons crossing flames between one another, with a small crystal of light in between them. The two dragons are irrelevant, as everything on the island is clashing with one another and dying. But the crystal in the center is Xenojiiva, being born from the energy of the constant conflicts.

Attached: file.png (413x549, 125K)

>Iceborne probably isn't going to fix this
For what we've seen so far, they're at least doing a good job balancing weapons

MH4G is so fucking crisp

as
pointed out; the logo for Dos is Yama

That's MH4G in general.

We could have a mix between GU and World on Switch, but a fully "classic" MH is impossible.
They won't waste resources producing monsters and assets that can't be ported from Switch to World and vice versa.

4g has a cut, maybe related to bleeding from Seregios

3G and 4G are kino.

they're at least doing a good job balancing weapons
No, no they aren't. They are making every weapon have a gimmick, and most of them look cool. But balance is a joke in Iceborne.

>LS has an Iaido slash that doubles as a Hunter Art counterattack without the need for HA gauge
>SNS has an uppercut, tons of new features, etc.
>DBs have ways to belt out even more ridiculous damage than before
>CB got even more busted than usual
>Bugstick got a reason to actually remain in the air like a retarded frenchie because of your divebomb
>SA is now going to be OP thanks to the numerous Claw attacks and additional tech with the axe mode

>Lance, Bow, HBG, and LBG got absolutely nothing of value

At least Gunlance and HH are now going to be viable.

How do I get myself excited about Iceborne?
I played the beta and it's the only MH game I can't bring myself to be excited about.

>MHP2 has Nargacuga claw marks but not Nargacuga itself
That's Tigrex claw mark. There's no Narga in MHP2.

so basically the pokeyman route ala future proof models and assets, downgrading when needed?

>Bugstick got a reason to actually remain in the air like a retarded frenchie because of your divebomb

>the only weapon that can fly has now a reason to fly instead of just staying on the ground all the hunt
Wow, it's like it can actually function how it's supposed to

the new Glaive attack is absolute garbage and will never be used
>terrible to string combos in
>can't cancel momentum so it is terrible to aim
>every other jump attack still has atrocious damage
but there is one good thing about it at least, it sends your insect out at the same time you drop to the ground.
Also stop bullshitting with LBG. One of the new mods completely changes how Wyvernblast works. The reload mod, however, is unsurprisingly bad. Imagine the Seregios gimmick but you have to waste twice the stamina and time to roll+reload

You're right, I got it confused with MHP2G

>finally some free time
>AT are event only
fuck you

Pretty much, like they did with Tri->P3rd->3U
Switch games will be similar enough to World to allow them to port content with only slight modifications, and to bring stuff from World with minor limitations and downgrades.

not him but i actually dont like how they proceed with the bugstick thus far
>introduced in 4, absoulutely busted
>instead of nerfing the MV/ making it the "use this if you want to mount a lot", they introduced aerial style
>then world happen and the bugstick niche is literally "flying in the air" instead of the more sensible "de-facto mounter", while preserving a coherence ground gameplay
>did i mentioned that everything can mount super easily now?

Bow actually got slightly nerfed, which is 100% fine

I think he meant weapon balance as in "weapons are now closer in overall power to one another"

I hope that if they make a new switch MH, it won't have most mechanics from World. Maybe have the open areas and better menu/inventory -system, but rest of the shit can stay the fuck away.

Do I get World on pc from the steam sale or should I just wait until iceborne comes here too? I do have a ps4 too but I'd rather play it with better performance and lower load times.

How hard is it to find groups if I don't already have friends that are into mh?

if anything they "teased" a "NEXT" way back then during the anniversary
and judging the switch install base in japan, it would actually benefit them financially
just pray that they actually make a game, not a half-ass port to cash-in. All those RE and DMC port are just bullshit

It'll probably be a Portable 3rd-like game. Basically a demake of World but with some new content to compensate.

Considering they kept trying to fuck XX sideways and it still sold over a 1.5 Million gives me hope for more Classic hunters.
But In the future expect world with flex added back for MH World S and MH World SG

If you played any other MH game you’ll find World entirely too easy up until the EX tempered because their balancing is shit.

i dont get their strategy with XX, really
>generation sold well, and people are still riding the hype of 4U
>didnt even localized the 3ds XX
>released GU way too late and clashed with World, fucking their fanbase sideway
like, fuck, buying a PS4 AND a switch so closely tgt nearly killed me off. not counting the 60 + 20 online fee

Tri and 3G logos are the best ones, followed by 4 and 4G.

What's going on in this thread?

Attached: Bibiwa.png (1920x1079, 1.88M)

The problem is, do they really have a reason to not put all the shit they can?
The more similar the game is to MHW, the more it will sell.
Japan only wants more MH, doesn't really care if new or classic. MHW sold like 3 millions in Japan despite being on PS4 only.
MHW on Switch would have sold like 5 million copies, easily.
And in the West, 80% of fans care more about World than Classic.

This is the most probably outcome

Tbh, I kinda like they're sticking to World and actually trying to improve it, like they showed so far in Iceborne. Gen 3 was arguably the best in the entire series, but most of the things they introduced were scrapped because they weren't balanced or implemented, and Capcom decided to just remove them to avoid criticism, instead of working on them. If World can really become the next Frontier, at least give them some years to try to achieve that.[/spoier]

It’s so jarring they did it like that.
I’d be Fucking pissed if my favorite quest A mammoth mistake wasn’t available anytime I felt like playing

You're right and I'm incredibly sad now.
RIP MH.

f>What are reload times?
You're not gonna be evade-reloading your normal 1 shots, think status, slicing, hell even wyvern and dragon shots.

I swear they were active sabotaging XX
>Release the 3DS Version 3 months before the Switch Version in japan instead of both same day
>Not having both XX and World available in the west til a year after World released
>No GU 3DS and switch dual release
>Not setting the Switch Version to 60 fps in the West despite the fact hackers were able to do it easily
I swear the Capcom in Fighting is gonna end up with someone in the hospital

I really like the tri logo and emblem

they are just throwing stuffs at it and see what stick, tb h
>Clutch claw is just ... nonsensical
>more robust slinger might be good, or it might just be an even easier way to spam flash
>some of the new moves, esp LS, are either too much, or dont help at all
it would be fun if they suddenly drop a underwater segment and you get to fight Lagi or Cedeus in all their glory

I'd really like to know more about the Capcom infighting, even the original MHW leak mentioned it and it seems like it's a really poorly kept secret.

Underwater combat would get me to come back to World.

freedom 2, the tigrex claw is kino

oh boy the "muh classic" argument. Guess what? Capcom never labeled Generations or GU as mainline games. Consider this, they previously only considered the "spin-off" title to g rank games which are extensions of their base numbered game.

Gen and GU are not classic or traditional MonHun. Stop spreading this fucking bullshit and judging by your typing style it is incredibly obvious who you are, Rhyperior.

Attached: file.png (1250x353, 80K)

>Rhyperior
>Lizardus
How many autistic celebrities do we have in /mhg/?

>>Not having both XX and World available in the west til a year after World released
I have no idea what you're even trying to say here. "Not having World available in the west til a year after World released"? Are you talking about the PC version? Because that one, and MHGU, came out 7 months (not "a year) after World on PS4, which was a world-wide release.

they have 2 teams, so infighting is rather inevitable
wasnt the fanbase split pretty hard back then too? i still rmb all the war between FU, p3rd and the console ones. Iirc P3rd was the B team, while FU and Tri was the A

>play guild style+0 arts
>suddenly it's traditional monster hunter

It's only anime because you made it anime.

wait, they considered the upgraded version (4 - 4U) "spin-off" too? even the remastered
i dont really get their internal classification

It’s kind of obvious they have their dev teams and the suits.
Suits rather cather to retards and make the game easier and prettier so it’ll sell to a bigger crowd
The devs enjoyed their goofy game about monsters where they could put in electric guitars, bat shit crazy clothes, over the top anime moves and challenging creative monsters without breaking their necks over achieving 4K graphics and anti-clipping techniques
See the problem here?

>tfw frontier and online are shutting down

>2 teams

Yeah, one for Iceborne and one for Monster Hunter World 2

4U is a spin-off of 4
Gen is an anniversary title with self-contained mechanics

>see the problem here

The only problem is that you are an ignominious bingboy dreaming up stuff to deal with the exorbitant amount of cope you're suffering from.

>G-Rank games are considered spin-offs
That alone should tell you that Capcom themselves have no idea what a spin-off is.

not sure if sarcasm, but they did have 2 teams back then for console and portable titles
dunno if they merged or changed recently tho

Get fucked frontiernigger. Play the superior game or fuck off like the Bingfags.

OG, Tri or XX

I meant GU.
Huh could’ve sworn it was a year

The main team was on World, but then the portable and the Frontier teams were all put together to work on Iceborne

>Japan only wants more MH, doesn't really care if new or classic. MHW sold like 3 millions in Japan despite being on PS4 only.
that's an oof

so Mh4U is spin-off aswell? please refer to pic related.

Attached: okkid.jpg (431x450, 37K)

Tri, 4, and X.
OG MH across the board and World are easily the worst.
>Crystal is Xeno
>green instead of blue or white
no

Attached: 1556054887416.png (540x467, 257K)

Capcom are idiots. Basically any game that isn't a first iteration is considered a spin off.
Clearly they haven't heard of expansions.

Apparently all updates and G ranks are spin offs despite being 99% and same game but with new endgame content

Source on that

Great Sword guild style is only style with heavy charge. Heavy charge + heavy swipe = 200 total motion value.

>frontier
that one is shutting down too. RIP

Honestly the best part of XX was the huge degree of customization.

If you don't upgrade your engine in 12 years, you're gonna end like that.

>people complain World's designs look ugly
>they proceed to post unrealistic ugly designs with colors that make your head hurt

People who played MH prior to World are delusional.

>unrealistic
stop playing Monster Hunter

Attached: Dr8s51XVsAAspSe.jpg (528x509, 40K)

I feel like their using the wrong words
It should be like you said
Main series then the Expansion series
MH Stories is a spin off considering how different it is from the other games

I hope you're saying this ironically.

what do you mean? in real life we all sharpen hammers and beat up on wyverns?

even RE HD remastered is a "spin-off"
i dont even know now

>MHW
>realism
kek

Just don't respond

This
>Hunt for 1000 hours
>Build a clown suit you like
>Transmog it with your stupidly powerful endgame gear
>Kick Monster ass while looking good

You dont, the base gameplay of World is so bad nothing can save it.

3u

Bing Bing, motherfucker. I have to treat you like children because you have taste akin to them. World's designs are simplistic and to the point. Rathian and Vaal's weapons look too ornate and edgy to be taken seriously. I want weapons that look good, not gimmickshit.

I'm glad Iceborne kept this trend and your tears are delicious.

Will Nintendofags ever recover?

So is RE2r if I remember right.
Despite the fact that the entire game retcon the original.

I think spin off to them means
“This isn’t the orginal Version”
Seems like an updated version that just corrects spelling errors is a spin off now

World gutted a ton of good old features and tried to reinvent the wheel in places where it was not needed at all. Very few of the new "features" actually make the game any better and it has fuckall for content.

By playing XX and World?
They're not beholden to a single system like sonyfags.

But I thought everyone liked fighting big braindead punching bag monsters in extremely confined spaces?

Fucking Christ, I haven't seen Bingniggers get btfo so hard in a while.

>MHW is realistic
>still have to sharpen blunt weapons

Attached: 1328071993913.jpg (640x432, 47K)

Even in the retcons I do like how they kept Jill sandwich and made it a running joke

>they're not beholden to a single system

>port this game that's on PC, Xbox One and PS4 to the Nintendo Switch! B-b-b-but I totally have a pc too! I just want to play it on the train or at the waterpark!

>Going to have to wait at least one more game before they address shit like pic related

Attached: 892458943.png (806x2004, 1.46M)

Just don’t reply to any retard spamming bing
They have absolutely nothing of value to say

Well you can't just remove famous lines like that. Even Square kept spoony bard in ff4ds.

>port this game that's on PC, Xbox One and PS4 to the Nintendo Switch!
>octopath
>smtv
>fucking pokemon SS
Pot kettle etc.

Portable 3rd

Monster Hunter has always belonged on Playstation and Playstation only.

Jesus do you fucks really have to come in and shit the threads up?
they did so well with the armors too, so i doubt this is because of laziness. Its more along the line of bad direction

>We won’t get anything wrong 1/2 as cool as zinorge’s Hunting Horn for the next 3 games
Oh I hate this.

OG's Rathian looks bad.
World's is bland, and that green trail really looks like a last minute addition.
2, 2G and P3rd have too little going on.
Of the remaining ones, I would say
XX > 4/G > 3/G > X

World is shit

Attached: shitgame.png (550x92, 38K)

They're legitimately obsessed with Nintendo which is ironic given the "I don't think about you" image.
Aside from that, I'd say it's a mix of direction and laziness. I mean, they are idiot savants at this kind of thing.

>Monster Hunter belongs to Capcom
Fixed that for you
Capcom can and has told Sony to fuck off
They’ve told everyone to fuck off including themselves

No, Capcom told the cell processor to fuck off. Quit being stupid.

Hold on that doesn't fit my console war propaganda

I mean
BING BING WAHOOOO!

Vita used cell?

>Capcom told the cell processor to fuck off.
Yet p3rdhd exists so they clearly had no qualms. Sony just royally pissed off capcom on that one.

Good thing that Capcom has told Nintendo to fuck off with their kiddie tablet.

I miss when some of the action in the opening transitions into the logo. Like, some katana slash forms the P3rd logo.

You say that like they need capcom like Sony needed them.
Chances are Nintendo just didn't want to renew whatever contract they had for MH.

>half assed port

lmao. That might as well not exist.

Yeah, because Iwata who was moneyhatting all those contracts died of asscancer. Karma really is funny.

Attached: mhtri.jpg (600x450, 200K)

>That might as well not exist.
And yet it does and is the reason why Sony pissed them off.

ONE HUNDRED MILLION INSTALLBASE

This
Like to an unhealthy degree obsessed with Nintendo because they were memed into thinking Nintendo would go 3rd party if their newest consoles failed!

>Despite the fact the 3DS was still a multi billion dollar juggernaut at the time, they still own a piece of Pokémon and the fact Mario and Zelda are both worth more than Batman and Spider-Man

Overall they’re retards or underageds who don’t know how businesses work

how weapons look is honestly the worst part of world for me, especially when horn is my favorite, and half the fun was hearing how different they sound

>a literal "port" in the sense that you can load p3rdHD iso on a fucking PSP
i dunno man. at least it emulated beautifully on PPSSPP

>Karma
I don't think you know what this means.

And they got away with it because they knew Capcom would come crawling back to ask for funding and marketing for SFV and MHW. Listen, nigger, Capcom NEEDS Sony. Literally every big developer that isn't paid off by Microsoft, Epic, or Nintendo(lol) needs Sony's big dick installbase. That's right, Sony is singlehandedly keeping the industry afloat.

P3HD runs on a PSP emulator on PS3. Also MH3G and MH4 were announced at the same time, 2 weeks after MHP3HD came out in Japan. So they were on Nintendo's boat for a while even when MHP3 sold record numbers.

3U or GU.
3U had lots and lots of soul, it flowed well and made you feel really good about things. GU has ALL the content, and styles offer crazy replayability.

Not really
Sony could drop out the the gaming industry now and all that’ll happen is more people buy an Xbox
Outside that nothing really changes

>Listen, nigger, Capcom NEEDS Sony
No one needs Sony. In fact a lot of their policies and developer unfriendly systems like the ps2, 3 and vita cost or even ruined smaller developers due to high development costs, low returns and last minute changes.

>Sony is singlehandedly keeping the industry afloat.
By killing it? Not to mention they don't even have a niche or innovate in any form or fashion, they could disappear right now and absolutely nothing would change.

>Sony drops out
>the vast majority of jap devs quit because there's no GOOD console to dev for
>PC is STILL too niche in Japan to backpack the country
>they all jump to mobile instead
>gacha profits skyrocket even more
>EA sees the loss of profits and closes its doors, so Europe's vidya scene dies because no more FIFA

So vidya dies worldwide bar Burgerland and eastern europe. Yea, okay.

>implying Nintendo is vidya after the recent eceleb drama

>And they got away with it
Got away with it?
They lost MH for almost 10 years and didn't even get an exclusive out of it when it came back. Sounds more like Sony had to bend over backwards for Capcom.

Nintendo lost MH exclusivity after almost 10 years of exclusivity....

Then why did Capcom come to Sony, user? Why are you telling lies?

I'm glad to be an idort, I didn't think being brand-loyal could turn you into such a retarded drone

>the vast majority of jap devs quit because there's no GOOD console to dev for
Switch and pc
>>PC is STILL too niche in Japan to backpack the country
Lower development and production costs = lower bar for profit.
>>they all jump to mobile instead
>>gacha profits skyrocket even more
They're doing that anyway.
>>EA sees the loss of profits and closes its doors, so Europe's vidya scene dies because no more FIFA
You're saying this like its a bad thing. EA has been a bigger cancer than Sony. That said they would just see more profit on Xbox and pc.

>game is available on all platforms but Nintendos because of lack of power / different tech
>CAPCOM CAME TO SONY
? ? ?

And they still managed to get an exclusive title after their contracts expired.

Do you have a source for that claim?

Nah japs would likely just hop back on Nintendo
Frankly I just hope the younger CEO of Nintendo decides to keep up with his hands off approach letting devs make what they want as long as cero and the ESRB or ok with it
The Switch is basically a DS taped to a PS2

Attached: sonygger.gif (640x329, 3.79M)

Like MHP3HD?

It depresses me that this has even the slightest chance of not being a shitpost.

Attached: jesus christ.jpg (712x1017, 302K)

They didn’t?
Otherwise it wouldn’t also be available on Xbone and PC

>3
>exclusive

Ah, yes. Tell me about all those Wii games we got when the PS3 shat the bed. Oh wait, the devs said "fuck that" and waited for the installbase to increase four years later.

Most devs would rather fuck off than take a hit from nintendo exclusivity.

I said MHP3HD son.

I don't understand what drives their brand loyalty. Its like they like Sony more than the games on their systems.

Which is an expansion of 3.
Which saw the complete version on Wii U and 3ds.
Ergo it's not exclusive.

Do you understand what drives Nintendo brand loyalty though?

Nobody (absolutely nobody) bought the game on those. The people on those platforms only care about western FPS games. That's why they're just giving MHW away on Xbox's game pass so that people will actually play it, and PC gets updates and DLC later because it's just not worth supporting a dead version that much.

The PS3 doing badly at the outset isn't even remotely comparable to Sony completely leaving the industry.

You gotta source for that?
I remember literally every dev and their mother was making DS games because of how cheap they were to develop for
Every other week a masterpiece was coming out for that thing
Even Activision put COD on DS

Yup!

My god why console loyalty is even a thing? Series loyalty is understandable, cause they are fun. But what does console loyalty get you?
Heck, KHfags had to jump through so many fucking console to played all the games, yet they never war between each others

What the fuck are you smoking? MHP3HD was a title that was released while Nintendo exclusivity contract was active. Came out the same year MH3G came out.

Nice opinion retard
Where’s the hard numbers?
And no
“Dude just trust me” is not a source

Because Xboners are subhumans. We all hate niggers 'round here.

They have many exclusive games. I do not care for most of them but I can understand why someone would be a fan of them. Liking Sony is some Intel vs AMD tier shit though. Literally who cares just buy the best thing in your price category lmao.

Nobody played those spinoff KH titles except BBS. If you say people played them, then I say there is no MH console wars.

>Nobody (absolutely nobody) bought the game on those
There are at least 5 million PC players

FU

Why does everyone forget that MHW was a PS4 exclusive for nearly a year in the only country that matters?

They have Nintendo games on Nintendo hardware, which appeal to Nintendo brand loyalists. You know, like bingbingwahoo?

Except that liking Sony is the factually correct and socially acceptable answer.

>There are at least 5 million PC players
Only 2 million+

>Tell me about all those Wii games we got when the PS3 shat the bed
Like MH3?
Tatsunoko vs Capcom?
Zak and wiki?
Sonic Colors?
DQ Swords
Spectrobes origins
Taiko no Tatsujin
Zangeki no Reginleiv

Come on there's load of these.

Isn't the next MH rumored to be a Switch one?

What about other games?

capcom.fandom.com/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3_Games

Where?

Games? No one cares for the company itself.

#TeamRed Am I right boys?

>which appeal to Nintendo brand loyalists
Which don't exist.

vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter

That's it? Holy crap that's pathetic. You forgot Imagine: Party Babyz, faggot.

Attached: 1557031940978.gif (498x266, 2.9M)

Stop replying to yourself

Also, hammer-users spinning around like hamster balls and beyblade dual blades are also realistic

Are you being serious right now?

>steamspy
Fucking stop

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

There are loyalists for every single brand out there.

Attached: 1523612463065.webm (888x500, 2.39M)

I don't think you understand this but those "Nintendo" loyalists aren't loyal to Nintendo but rather the games they have.

Attached: LastOfUs2PS4Exclusive.webm (640x360, 3M)

Why do all of them except for Persona 5 look the same?

I never noticed how the main and portable series consistently use different fonts.

Attached: Tsushima PS4 Exclusive.webm (960x404, 2.89M)

Steamspy is a better source than "dude trust me".
>capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
Please point out what I'm supposed to be seeing here.

Attached: OnlyOnPlayStation(2).webm (650x366, 2.97M)

LS's iai slash is hard as fuck to get any use out of.
SnS's main new feature is slinger bursts.
DBs didn't get anything relevant at all.
CB got nerfed.
Lance has the best counter in the game.
Bow got deservedly nerfed.
Cluster got deservedly nerfed.
LBG has that retarded new wyvernblast counter.

Not to mention, HH is actually good now.

Iceborne's balance looks fine so far.

Attached: OnlyOnPlaystation.webm (954x536, 2.95M)

Sony are great at brainwashing their sheeple. Naturally Capcom wants in and finds it hard to say no to wads of cash waved under their noses in return for a Sony timed exclusive it makes a lot of marketing sense. Does it really help the product having Sony's chubby fingers all up in the pie like that though?

Attached: dont believe the.......png (156x201, 82K)

I'd say a tie between 3G and Portable. 3G looks nice and sleek, while portable just feels classic, but different enough to deserve its own praise

Yeah sure nice falseflags nerd

Attached: The Big 4 Masterpieces.jpg (740x429, 97K)

No. Any "rumour" regarding a new Nintendo Switch exclusive monster hunter came about from wishful thinking.

>Boy it sucks that us Switch owners aren't getting a new Monster Hunter title
>But maybe capcom are developing a new title just for the switch fanbase, maybe they even have 2 teams! That would make sense wouldn't it?
>Yeah, just like back in the good old days of portable and console! By the way, let's forget entirely about MH4.
Cue endless regurgitation/cross site posting/extrapolation upon "rumours" that inherently unfounded
>Dude so when's that rumoured switch exclusive monster hunter game developed by the portable team meant to be coming out anyway? Wasn't it confirmed for E3?

Attached: Relax 2.webm (920x1050, 2.77M)

I don't care which system it's on, I just want a new MH title with the slower and more precise gameplay of the older titles, not the World brand button mashing.

"IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A POST, HIT THAT POST A REPLY LINK BELOW user - YOU CAN THEN WRITE YOUR MESSAGE! BUT YOU MIGHT NEED TO SOLVE A CAPTCHA FIRST!" GOOD LUCK!"

Attached: 52-1535127603-384421222.jpg (600x337, 37K)

>falseflags
Do you even know what this means?

Never happening, bingboy. Accept World as the future of MH or fuck off.

What you meant to say was that any rumour about a new MH for Switch only goes away by wishful thinking and a big side helping of cognitive dissonance.

Better make friends with the FE grandpas, 'cause you're never leaving that dumpster.

You literally cannot get more precise gameplay than world from any previous monster hunter game. The controls and freedom of animation alone give the player more "precision".

Perhaps you should have used the words, "Rigid", "Stiff", or "Angular", to describe MH's gameplay prior to world.

8,300,000+5,000,000=13.300,000

>capcom only reported 12.4 million
>capcom only reported 500k sales in quarter 4 2018
>capcom only reported 1.2m sales in quarter 3 2018 (PC release in quarter 3)
>8.3 million consoles sales from june 2018 source

mynintendonews.com/2019/05/21/capcom-platinum-games-sales-update-21st-may-2019/
resetera.com/threads/capcom-platinum-page-updated-mhw-1-2m-mhxx-1-2m-sfv-700k-re7-400k-and-more-re5-is-at-11m-games-and-series-rankings.98428/

>You literally cannot get more precise gameplay than world
Play SnS in World and then tell me that again.

oh no no no no no no

>MHW has sold 12x the amount of copies of GU

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Nintendo_Switch-only_games
>Two year old console
>49 exclusives
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_4-only_games
>Six year old console
>81 exclusives
Sonyfags will now be asked to evacuate the thread in an orderly fashion and let everybody go back to actually discussing Monster Hunter in peace. Thank you and have a nice day.

Attached: StepUpNigga.jpg (234x215, 9K)

monster hunter 1 unironically.
all the others are way too needlessly flashy

Attached: eDQvTAB.jpg (1080x1331, 97K)

But I played them all except the original coded and KH3.

Precision in gameplay, not precision in controls. In World, aiming for specific weak spots barely even matters anymore because almost every fight boils down to the same pattern of whacking the legs until the monster falls over, then hitting the face, and of course they made almost every monster's legs a weak spot. I want to exploit openings to snipe weak spots, not play ankle biter.

Then again most new monsters in 4th gen had that same problem.

WHERE'S THE LOCK ON BUTTON?

I never played a MH game. Will I enjoy World?

Attached: curiosity.png (382x417, 325K)

That list will shrink. The Splortch is always losing exclusives left and right. Making a game Shartch exclusive just isn't sustainable.

Attached: tsa.jpg (497x807, 125K)

Go back to Dark Souls fag. MH has always been about power ranger equipment, you are a tasteless buffoon.

I really like the Dos logo.

>console wars again in a mh thread
It sure feels good seeing my favorite game franchise turned into a medium for falseflagging shitfests

Console bullshit has existed in MH since Tri was announced.

Combat is literally the only thing they kept exactly the same as in previous titles. Its everything else that got dumbed down. The armor skill system. Having free capture guru / autotracker. Item box out in the field. etc. etc.

MH has always been primarily a medium for shitposting, nobody cares all that much about the games themselves.

Announced to be moved from PS3 to the Wii you mean.

go back to Dark Souls.

>Combat is literally the only thing they kept exactly the same as in previous titles.
Not even close.
You don't actually care about MH combat if you think World is in any shape or form the same as the previous games.

Blame Nintendo fans for still, to this very day, being unable to cope with MHW's wild success.

It had just started to calm down and internet shitposting wasn't quite as cancerous back then.

I'm glad to see MH on a proper home console again, I just wish it didn't have to be butchered so hard for it.

>Combat is literally the only thing they kept exactly the same as in previous titles.
I wish, some weapons have been fucked up like the forward axe slash on the CB. Before it used to be a little adjustment now it just launches you away from the monster when you just want to cut the tail.

You were clearly not here if you called that console wars. In the Wii & PS3 days people always hated MH, even called it "bad" souls clone. In fact we used to have frequent MH vs Souls threads but I really don't know why people shitpost in MH threads now when it was fine up until MHGen.

you are in denial.

>home console
The real win is PC, too bad the game is shit.

As of success mattered to anyone. Decent gameplay is always a priority.

I can't decide desu
I like the most the ones from the ps2/psp era
>468092138
You're not worth a (you), you flaming faggot

Careful, user. You might incur the wrath of the crutch claw spam speedrun

Nintendo fans literally don't care. They still have their Mario's, kirbys and Zeldas, this has always concerned only MH fans.

But that Icon is usually known as the Sapphire Star

Are you retarded?

>classic Tigrex
>a careful dance of positioning and spacing around his head to exploit his need to turn towards you in order to be able to attack you for openings, but never getting too far away that he might start charging around like a retard, while always attacking at the correct angles that would let you dodge to safety

>Iceborne Tigrex
>attacking the head is basically suicide, most of his attacks track you now, and there are barely any ways to affect his AI by your positioning so he'll charge around no matter what, but the forelegs are now weak spots, so now the fight becomes about circling around him to attack his legs until he trips, while dodging under them if he charges, and that's about it

Yes, exactly the same.

No, Capcom was short on budget for try and sony told them to fuck off, that's why they went to the wii instead
In fact that's the reason why mh tri looks so fucking unfinished

He said belonged, not been. Can you not read, nigger?

MHP2 claw mark is Tigrex. Narga wasn't introduced till 2G.

Maybe it was, oh Idunno, because the Wii was a piece of shit?

Kill yourself.

>Play SnS in World and then tell me that again.
Confirmed for smoothbrain retard, World SnS is literally the most precise weapon in any MH game ever and certainly the most precise incarnation of the SnS.

I dont get how you people can enjoy MH on 3DS.

Psp, Vita, Wii, Switch that's it...

Ps2,Switch, and 3DS can suck my balls.

World SnS makes you flail around like a fucking retard.
Classic SnS combos are quick, precise, and you don't move at all while doing them. Literal perfection.

M8, you're trying too hard. There's a lot of solid bait posts in this thread, and this ain't one of them.

FUCK I meant WiiU can suck my balls. DONT GET ANY IDEAS YOU FAGGOTS

Iceborne SnS is pretty much a return to that

You lready voided your post by saying PS2 Monhun was shit.

>because the Wii was a piece of shit?
Nah, it's because Sony are cheapskates. Remember they didn't even want to help with the p3rd localisation.
Not to mention MH sold like shit until FU.

>crutchclaw spam
nah

Not at all. The basic combo is still the same, and Perfect Rush is only really usable for very specific openings. On long openings Falling Bash is still better because it's spammable, Perfect Rush's finisher launches you back and has massive recovery time. For short openings it's too long. And on top of that, you still move around unnecessarily during Perfect Rush.

It's a strong move but insanely situational and not a replacement for anything the weapon already had.

>World SnS makes you flail around like a fucking retard.
Confirmed for baddie who doesn't know what he's doing

t. not nearly 700 SnS hunts in World

Get the fuck out of my face

>a careful dance of positioning and spacing around his head to exploit his need to turn towards you in order to be able to attack you for openings
Translated
>charge your GS when he's facing the other direction
>deliver hit
>roll to avoid next attack
>repeat for 10 mins

Well MonHun 2 is prob the best game in the franchise. But it still has fucking awful control scheme.

you just gotta git gud

Attached: claw3.webm (640x480, 2.74M)

What do you think about the fact that Master Rank Tempered requires clutch claw, or else they have like 80% reduced damage?

4Gs logo is pure kino and it fucking pisses me off it never got a console release. Snek and Gog forever stuck on the 3DS.

This makes me feel nauseous.

>wished for Monster Hunter on PC for years
>put in well over a thousand hours on the 3DS
>always cursed the shitty hardware
>World comes out
>play it for less than a hundred hours
>no desire to go back
>want to play old monhun
>fuck the 3ds though
Help...

youtube.com/watch?v=WP3TOyvp3MQ

>GS is the only weapon in MH

X has the four flagships represented in the red Diamonds, while XX also has the Diablos Deviant, Valstrax and Ahtal-Ka represented.

So apex but easier.

Not OR, but tried it and after a few hunts I refused to do it. Just used the 2nd analog
Way too artificial, and the 3DS touch screen is a piece of shit
Playing like this literally ruin the entire experience

The PSP claw was ten times more comfortable

>World improved apex monsters
I did not except that

>no desire to go back
I know that feeling I only managed to do it after finishing my XX binge.

>The PSP claw was ten times more comfortable
Sure if you're some kind of crab freak.

>improved
>worse

Baby hands detected.

A MHW vigin could easily play any older MH title and feel instantly at home with all weapon types and control scheme. Combat is the same. The feel is the same, the controls are the same.

That would be a good thing with a psp.

>MonHun 2 is prob the best game in the franchise
Holy fucking contrarian

At least you were using a physical d-pad, not a fake pad on a cheap-ass touchscreen.
Also the fingers never toouched. If you need to move the camera to the right on the 3DS, you need to put a finger on top of another one

>A MHW vigin could easily play any older MH title and feel instantly at home with all weapon types and control scheme
No, they'd scream and cry about how clunky the game is and how unfair the monsters are.

>the feel is the same, the controls are the same

Imagine genuinely believing this.

>A MHW vigin could easily play any older MH title and feel instantly at home with all weapon types and control scheme
You're joking right?
On top of weapons being slower in World monsters hit harder and faster in older games. The only thing that would help them is the fact that things like that stupid faceslapping animation for stuns don't exist and the sound effects are better indicators for status effects and getting hit.

Fact remains, the combat is the one thing they kept the same. I don't care about people's ten million degrees of pedantry.

>you hit the monster until it dies so the combat is the same
Go tell a fighting game player that ST, 3S and SFV are all just the same game and then tell me how that worked out.

>new people in the past just started MH games from zero, no introduction
>myself started with Freedom as a kid
>everything was fine after the first few hours
>new people now are in the same position, except they have an introduction with MHW
>AHAHAHAHA GUYS THEY COULD NEVER GET INTO MH
Why are other vets so fucking autistic

They are the same. But fighting game players would probably be autistic enough to think that they aren't, you're right.

Because MH at the time was no more "clunky" than other games. At the time the only really notable thing about MH's combat was the lack of lock on, but commitment to attack animations and a lack of free animation cancelling was the norm. But these days people wouldn't be used to that kind of thing anymore.

I don't know hwy retards keep flocking over to steamspy when it fucking died.

>the roar spamming autism of niggerex and molten
is there any other mons where the original is vastly superior?

There are like 1-2 monsters you cannot solo in this game. One is a raid, 2nd is Extreme Behemoth.

Because a ton of the people who started with World suck dick when they try they old games and then shit all over them because of that.

The fun thing is that's the same situation with MHW and other current games.
And that's why World got a shit ton of complaints about being "clunky".

How did bow get nerfed?

>strawmanning because zero valid counter argument

A bit less damage on everything, and a lot less KO on arc shots.

>immediately Bing
nice to see I'm living rent free in there

Snek is in XX and on Switch
Gog yeah he’s gone
But at least we have gore!

It's hard to do but extreme behemoth is soloable and I imagine AT Kulve too.

ive heard many people make clunkiness accusations toward world. clunky weapons etc. same way they did toward older games. 'oh but its not the exact same combat user'

The movement, combat and other gameplay details are so much more fluid in world. The fundamental core of the combat retains the same ideas, the moves, the control and inputs, but the animation, input and various underlying dynamics of the technology were so very improved upon that the previous titles immediately felt archaic once World was released.

To claim the combat/gameplay is the same is an insult to the developers.

>Snek is in XX and on Switch
He's talking about Dalamadur, not Najarala.

Literally unironically get a Switch
XX ain’t perfect but god damn it it’s fair more comfortable than a 3DS.
Guild with no arts if you want your classic hunter.
I did it up until G rank where I switched to aerial style for the memes and got addicted

That wasn't my point.
The combat in World is different from older games, that is clear. Period.
I like it, some people don't, I'm not saying that.

The fact is that, even after being "modernized", the MH gameplay is still way, way more mechanical and "clunkier" than pretty much any modern action game.

fluid =! better
World's gameplay is shallow dogshit because fluid animations fundamentally do not work with MH gameplay

Finding groups isn't hard.
Pretty sure it won't get lower than 50% before Iceborne gets released.
Just keep in mind that Iceborne will be $40 while Iceborne+Main Game will be $60 when Iceborne releases.

That just means that MH gameplay is inherently bad. Any good formula would be improved by more fluid animation.

>are so much more fluid in world
Yeah I wouldn't call it fluid given they removed a lot of cancels for weapons.

Fuck off Hermitaur

The logo for Freedom Unite > Portable 2nd

Though Portable 3rd is great though

No they fucking wouldn't, they would almost all complain about how slow and clunky everything feels.

>That just means that MH gameplay is inherently bad.

Attached: 1511909160625.png (777x777, 661K)

Lmao imagine same fagging

>Maybe it was, oh Idunno, because the Wii was a piece of shit?
Why are people like you allowed to have an opinion when you clearly know crap?
Go commit die

>>the vast majority of jap devs quit because there's no GOOD console to dev for

The vast majority of nipponese devs are already working on Nintendo Switch. The difference is that not every developer is working on a multimillion dollar project that is heavily marketed in the West.

And there's MORE money to be made by being silent on a Switch version and selling on the Twins first.

Well shit man you gotta be more specific

Deal with it.

MHP3rd purely out of Onimusha nostalgia. Capcom made the Onimusha series too, so it's not stealing. Besides, it just looks so fucking clean right there.

Attached: 61108-onimusha-3-demon-siege-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1124, 163K)

Commit neck rope

no u

Literal nonsense. I'd say the stupidity and lack of threat from World's monsters instantly made all previous MH titles look like masterpieces of combat.

>MH vs Souls
I don't know who's the retard who started this meme, but anyone who makes this comparison has never played mh and dark souls

3U better visual design than 4, but worse game.
XX/GU is only good to those who have alredy played a lot of MH and just want diverse content.

The game is easier, so what? That doesn't make it worse.

>monster stands still and lets you wail on its head
"oh wow user they made the combat so much more fluid now!"

Old egine is done and has plenty of usable asset which means it's cheap for B team to launch a new game with like 4 new monster and some variants.

This
>Loan my buddy my G ranked character with a fully upgraded lanced since he said he was a lance main.
>Literally fucking carts to HR4 Great Maccao
>With all G ranked gear
>Takes him all my health potions, both traps, 2 carts and 35 minutes total to defeat Maccao
>In G ranked gear

Not him, but I've played both. Literally zero similarity besides the stamina system, and even then MH has a very generous stamina system compared to Dark Souls. Really the only arguments you can have is the dodge roll and the fight you only fight shit bigger than you, but then every game might aswell be Dark Souls-like at that point. The whole "IT'S A SOULS-LIKE" is the most retarded thing ever and it's only free advertisement for Miyazaki.
desu, Maccao is one of the best casual filters since Tigrex in MHFU.

>game is fair and accessible for normal people
>RREEEEEE CASUALIZATION

They're still using mt framework in world desu
In fact the switch version of mhxx and re revelations series are using the same version, it's scalable as fuck

>Monster Hunter is inherently bad
Hang yourself you worthless scum

tri, dos, and 4 in that order, all others can fuck off

guild lance is a pile of shit

>your game literally only works if monsters move like animatronics
Sounds like garbage to me.

BASED Maccao does it again

Jesus fucking christ, what is this bait? It's rotten! Just like you, you fucking piece of cowshit past it's expiration date!
What a fucking dork you are. Let me guess, you like playing Nier: Automata and have never ever played a game from the PS2 era? Piece of shit, don't even suck my dick because I don't your mouth anywhere near my chad cock. Get cucked.

Decided to go back from world to X on my 3ds to fight Glavenus, its as fun as I remember with s&s oils, arts and adept style oh baby its like a dance when you constantly evade him
>accessible
>normal people
That's literally what casualization means you World fag

user, with G rank gear he could literally poke that Macao 10 times and its done, maybe even less
Heck back then i farmed LR Macao with high rank gear, and the fight is shorter than the walk
Great Macao and Jaggi were truly a filter tho
>fast
>frantic
>small hitbox, thus require better positioning

Go back to DMC faggot, this is a thread for good games only.

>A game praised for it difficulty drops difficulty
That like see a pretty girl with a great personality and D cup tits then the next day she’s a flat as a board and acting like a major bitch because she decided dropping 2 of the main things she’s known for would make her more appealing

guild lance is still a pile of shit
also fuck I miss the ggis

>A game praised for it difficulty
Don't make me laugh. Nobody plays MH for difficulty.

>people play MH wrong for a decade (soloing MP quests, never using items)
>game is difficult
>people delude themselves into thinking it's supposed to be difficult

You gave the literal text book definition of Casualization
Fuck off pleb

Not him, but I agree with you man. Monster Hunter was always about overcoming a big challenge. The fact that you can just wack monsters over and over in World deeply saddens me, I'd even prefer playing a shitty style I don't know what to do with in Generations rather than play World again. Never again.
...Then why do people play Frontier? At all? What the fuck is G-rank for? Why do people love Behemoth in World? It's hard, and it's gonna make you think, and adrenaline is a bigger self-made drug than you think.
My man, go fight a mission with 4 Plesioths right now. Or do Royal Banquet in MHP3rd with a bow.

You’re garbage
Everything sounds like garbage to you.

keep telling yourself that user, so you can sleep better at night
the game became a hit because it was a hard game that require proper positioning and timing to the point that back then people said to "treat the game as a turn base, not action game"
its the fucking same with soulborne too, just face it. Clunkiness =! bad, as long as it convey the feeling of the game's combat well

people fucking solo G rank quests (which were meant to be coop) in minus 5 or 10 mate
it has a sky high skill ceiling

Not him, but let's be honest. The clunkiness is intentional. You're a hunter with a big-ass weapon, you're fighting monsters that regular people fear even the names of, it's obvious that something won't go according to your body strength and you gotta make a name for yourself that way.

>...Then why do people play Frontier? At all?
They fucking don't. Frontier, before its cancellation was announced, had a peak playercount barely above 3000 players. It's always had a reputation as a joke of a game only pathetic NEETs that sit in netcafes all day play, and its entire business model was designed to exploit the needs of those kinds of people to be competitive with ridiculous amounts of p2w.

You're not supposed to do that though. Village is the intended level for solo quests, and World's solo quests are the same shit as village stuff in the old games.

>its the fucking same with soulborne too, just face it. Clunkiness =! bad, as long as it convey the feeling of the game's combat well
And yet the instant they dropped that clunkiness, the game sold 12 million copies.
You can argue game design all you want, but all normal people care about is that the game is intuitive and plays well.

nice engine tbf. stable as fuck

>Frontier
>Cancelled
Nigga what the fuck are you smoking, Frontier never fucking had an announcement that it was getting canceled. It's doing well in Japan, and Capcom is going to keep banking on the fact it's doing well. Frontier doesn't even have much or any kind of P2W, you can get as powerful as you want by only spending the initial subscription fee and even then it's cheap as shit.
It's the fact that Capcom actually tried with it's advertising. Monster Hunter never really took off in the west because Capcom never tried to do anything with advertising the game there.

This
I remember it took me and 3 Strangers online 3 hours total to beat EX Crystal beard
We failed and failed and failed and failed it literally took us 18 tries
It’s 2 am EST I’m tired but I wasn’t gonna give up
And when we finally took him down
Probably the best adrenaline dump ever
Hearing this youtu.be/B1tPvlAVK9g
Was literally better than sex
Everyone got guild cards and friend request
I went to bed extremely satisfied

Anyone else want underwater fighting back, but improved?

World’s logo might be the definition of soulless

Just like how LoL dropped all the intricacy of Dota everyone flocked to it right?
i dont oppose them making more money. Its their game and their investment. But sacrificing such a core part of your soul is such a disgrace

Finally somebody fucking agrees with me. I remember playing Forest Murmur in MHP3rd and Zinogre showed up, I had Low-rank gear. It took me all of the supply potions and all the potions I had on hand, plus some actual gathering and 30 minutes just to beat Zinogre. Man, the fucking adrenaline I got when I got the "Special quest complete!" toast was better than getting my dick rubbed with high heels. God, that moment will never leave my head.

>Unironically appealing to normies
Fuck off. You subhuman shit Stain

What rock have you been living under?

just read it yourself. its tragic for me too, cause i do play it

It's like Coke. It's just the default standard in europe when you think of a console. Not really PS4 is the best, more like PS4 is the lastest playstation, a vonsole that everybody has.
People don't talk bad about Xbox, but simply there is no reason to buy one as it has pretty much the same games as PS and a much lower installbase and less stands on phisical shops. And nintendo is more seen as a kiddy console or a complement console for niches or zeldas.
Basically. PS4 is thought of as the norm, not the best or acclaimed. It's just the default.

> Capcom never tried to do anything with advertising the game there.

Doesn't seem like they did anything different since 3U. You might even say they did less, as back then Tri had TV spots.

Soul doesn't make money, and that's all that matters.

Port. 3

>Frontier doesn't even have much or any kind of P2W
I guess the optional premium subscriptions, the busted netcafe weapons, the gacha armors and cuffs, none of that counts?

Patrick's Rock, apparently. Fuck, man.
Where did the fucking time go? I started in 2008, now it's 2019 and the game is ending. Man.
Gooks may be idiots, but they aren't enough of a faggot to actually use those.

>be worldbab
>pick up GU
>go back to dual blades
Yeah nah
Lance and swaxe too

Same
Too bad they ruined the series and people in the future won’t get to understand overcoming these mountain like challenges of skill, perp, Luck, and down right not giving up.

dos or tri

Even playing Solo in World makes it lonely. You literally can't die if you were a good player back in the early PS2 heydays. You literally. Can't. Die.

>Gooks may be idiots, but they aren't enough of a faggot to actually use those.
The ZP shit I tend to see in speed kills says otherwise.

>Speed kills
Oh how you forget. Speed kills are literally about being the most powerful you can be and taking out the monster as fast as possible, that's the only exception. In everything else though? I rarely see P2W or Gacha even in top tier G-rank

well, thats just experience for you, i rarely died in 4u after spending like 2k hours in FU
still, world is truly much easier until the bullshit that is AT

iknowdatfeel.jpg

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.17M)

Just because it's not strictly necessary doesn't make it not p2w.

This
I can’t play world anymore makes me too lazy
I’ll forget to eat, pack bullets, whetstone I get constantly healed for free
You’re literally immortal

Everything is for granted in World. Sharpness is a joke since you can actually see it instead of it just being a guessing game, the constant healing you get from your cat is actually insane, eating food for perks is so forgiving you can just do it in camp and even if you die you can just eat again and bullets are given to you in boxfuls makes it just...

Yeah, World's hunter is probably the most powerful incarnation if it coems to supplies, but it's not fun for us. And as Reggie said: If it's not fun, then why bother?

You’re AT Luna and extremoth proofs??

Why the fuck do you even care? If we're saying it's so fucking easy to not die in World, then we've most likely faced the worst of the worst in World. And I gotta say, Extremoth was my favorite part about world, not because it's cool, but because it actually reminded me of how hard Fatalis was back in the PS2 days. So fuck off.

I spent the most time in FU, but man that game had some major clunk. A lot of that game was
>Partial turn
>Partial turn
>Tail whip or charge
And then that fucking Rathalos thing where he flies up, does a giant circle around the entire stage, and then just settles down for no reason. I loved the engine improvements in 3, especially not having your entire lifebar decimated because you tapped a monster's leg while it was turning. However, I thought 3rd generation was way too easy overall. I'd argue 4u is the most solid entry in the franchise even if I thought the end game was annoying. I appreciated the attempt at a story as well.

Attached: 1553781740051.jpg (1000x1000, 98K)

It's still 4U. We still haven't played Iceborne so who knows but as it stands, the king still lives

Have you gamedevd before?
The change to world is huge, it doesn't matter if it's the same framework. That's why they redid most assets, spetially models.
Classic style givea you for free a ton of assets.

I think you might want to read OP's post again

oh shit. didn't see the spoiler. in that case, i'd say GU

core gameplay: 3U
overall presentation: 4U
content: GU
will be the best once it has an actual roster: World

Attached: 1244770044.jpg (550x550, 44K)

3u was plenty hard, but mostly because the monster took forever to die. even optimal speedrun was 10+
talking of FU
>Rathalos did the world tour
>overshot the landing and stand on thin air several feet under the cliff
>he flied up, and then did the world tour again
fucking hell

4U is garbage.

FREEDOM UNITE

world is fucking amazing though

Attached: F2964F2B-9027-449A-AEF6-25A2D2A6EA9D.jpg (595x998, 51K)

you are certainly entitled to that opinion

>3u was plenty hard, but mostly because the monster took forever to die. even optimal speedrun was 10+
Huh?
youtube.com/watch?v=o0DatidajNA

3U had 50 extra defense because original bings tought Tri was hard.
3G doesn't have that.

But yeah, 3U hunts last a while but damage is low. Quest arr more of a marathon than a speedrun. Keep going consistently for 10 minutes instead of world's 2
But GU EX monster's also take that time and are way harder.

I'm mostly curious about what comes after world. imagine them building off of world but with a roster as large as GU's and maybe some improvements to the issues world has.

Yeah, due tp too many gen1 monsters. Had it used more gen3 monsters those gen1 barebones monsters wouldn't be too much of a % of the game.

No, it's really just an issue of game design in general. 4th gen is where Tokuda's infestation really set in. That man is the bgigest blight on the entire series.

trying to search for clashing fist or devijho run
iirc Most deviljho run are around 9 min, and clashing fist 20

Deviljho is 7-8 minutes and those 3 event quests (and event Plesioth) are not representative of the rest of the game, they have massively inflated stats.

so basically you dislike anything after tri

Anything after 3U really. 4th gen is full of bad design decisions and deliberately annoying monster AI/moveset design.

I started with 3U, and boy even with that 50 Brachy still whooped my ass

but wasn't tokuda the lead designer in 3U?

Attached: DSCN1228.jpg (1224x918, 559K)

Yeah and you can tell from Brachydios, but most of the content in that game was old so he didn't have much influence over it.

fair enough. I can respect your opinion tokuda does have a punchable face to be honest

>Finally got around to playing MHXX english patched on my 3DS
>Hear Pokke village music
>Get nostalgia
>Remember when I had fun in high school playing Freedom Unite with my fellow weeb friends
>Realize how miserable and empty my life now is and what pathetic lonely husk I have become
>Cry
>Start considering suicide again after having gone through years of therapy
Game's great even if it's not nearly as polished as 4U, deviant farming is worse than 140 GQs imho. Brave GS is amazing and it's like discovering the weapon again.

Shit like Ivory Lagi's AoEs reek of Tokuda too.
The guy has a fetish for raw, frustrating bullshit. He even admits to making monsters unfair on purpose to make people switch to gunner weapons.

This is the man that designed Kushala Daora in MH2, in case you didn't know.

I'm really surprised they did nothing to address the complaint in Iceborne. It was pretty much universal.

>He even admits to making monsters unfair on purpose to make people switch to gunner weapons.
link?

Sayong those aren't representative of the game is worse than saying extremoth and ATs aren't representative.
Bot groups are events, but clashing fists, cruel king, and the stiggy one are at least permanent events while ATs are not.
Even Village Alatreon has big kill times (excluding heroics/adrenaline/God's Arch runs)

もうガンナーとかいなくなればいいのに!
Just google this line.

Ok. You won.

>the game became a hit because it was a hard game that require proper positioning and timing to the point that back then people said to "treat the game as a turn base, not action game"

famitsu.com/news/201309/17040094.html

And here's the developers clearly stating that they DON'T want MH to be a "turn based" game, in an interview about Monster Hunter 4.

Why didn’t they throw in a nodge nodge wink wink “You might wanna try a motherfucking gun for this one”

In Japan, 3U is kind of seen as the beginning of a trend in MH where the monsters get increasingly more advantages with fewer gaps in their attack patterns while weapons don't get enough tools to keep up with it, which continued into 4 and 4U.
Stygian Zinogre in 3U is usually seen as the worst culprit, to the point where the devs had to openly apologize for that one.

You're going to have to post the part where the developers say that because I don't see it

――そういう距離感が掴めたことで、大きく変わった点などもあるんですか?
藤岡 モンスター側から仕掛けられるようになりましたね。昔は例えばモンスターが振り向くという行動もその場で点で回るだけでしたから、このときはプレイヤーのターン、というように、モンスターのターンとプレイヤーのターンがハッキリ分かれていました。ですがこの振り向きを“少し下がりながら振り向く”とすると、微妙な距離が生まれて五分五分の状況になるわけです。そうするとそこでモンスターが仕掛ける、という選択肢が生まれて、プレイヤーも選択を迫られる状況に変わる。

This part.

Really? I actually did stiggy with my hr azurr rath gear. Stiggy was my first g-rank armor.
I think both zinogres telegraph their attacks well, thinks like ice barroth turns and uragan's as well is more annoying. The frenzy and apex prediction AI is either godlike or completly retarded. But was interesting to see at least.

>Are there any points that have changed dramatically because you were able to grasp such a sense of distance?
>It came to be set from the Fujioka monster side. In the old days, for example, the action of turning around a monster only turned on the spot, so the turn of the monster and the turn of the player were clearly separated. However, if this attitude is "turned down a little," a subtle distance will be created and it will be a half a minute situation. Then there is an option to set the monster, and it changes to the situation where the player is forced to make a choice.
Sounds to me like they're just saying they didn't want the monsters turning robotically anymore so that there aren't massive, obvious openings for the player to act during.

It's mostly because of his constant dragon orb spam covering all of his recovery animations.

Basically, but that was pretty much what defined that "turn based" nature of Monster Hunter.

Not really. Even without the robo turns the combat is still largely focused on the player looking for openings in a monster's attack pattern and taking actions during those openings, and dodging or blocking in the meantime.

More often than not you're now attacking in the middle of monsters' attacks. Or just not letting them attack at all in World's case.

Who knows? That's just impossible to tell

What's a good high rank bow armor in MHGU? Haven't tried the weapon before.

Cretin, of course they can, every monsters from the previous game can be ported in the new games, aside the specific area monsters, the only that stop them from doing so is either lazy or greed to bring them back again later.

Anything with Lv3 Rapid Shots and access to Power coatings is ok.

Thanks

haha yes aren't monster hunter threads fantastic now? constant console wars are the best. imagine actually fucking being loyal to a company, god fucking damn it i can't understand it

>The controls and freedom of animation alone give the player more "precision
Well, go play with adrenaline and heroics and come back to me tell about it.

Remember also to pay mind to critical distance, to charge your shots at least up to level 3 and to use power shots whenever you can. If played correctly Bow has good damage output but it plummets if you neglect any of these things.
If you don't know about any of this stuff check this vid.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tuz9UK3ISRs