Resident Evil thread

Attached: best-campaign-resident-evil-2.jpg (1024x576, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RYnFIRc0k6E
youtu.be/aCKsW8aSUJ8
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/372885131/
archived.moe/v/thread/372182704
youtube.com/watch?v=QKXWAE8YYxY
youtube.com/watch?v=qaG12m6q9Yo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RE2 remake is overrated. If it wasn't part of RE series or a Jap game you faggots would tear into it relentlessly.

Leon, fuck my sister

Attached: Mr Chris X.png (918x717, 371K)

is this gonna be a bad RE thread or a thread where people post Claires and Jordans?

>No Leon/Sherry route
>No guy barely out of his teens having to deal with the responsibility of a child. He awkwardly fumbles his way through it
>He's actually glad that for once, he actually felt like a police officer helping someone out on his horrible first day. Even if it was something as cliche as lost children looking for their parents
>Learns to defy authority and stick with his own sense of justice against his boss
>By the end she idolizes Leon and says to him she'll become a police officer and protect people just like he did when she's older

Attached: d41t9pr-e0d29c95-f45b-4c2b-b164-1c5ab2c6fef7.jpg (500x375, 32K)

Hopefully not. I do want to talk about how fucking shit this cop-out replacement for the Ivy are.

Attached: RE2make_Ivy.jpg (691x967, 94K)

Attached: IMG_20190625_042947.jpg (1024x1024, 132K)

Just finished Leon Scenario A, I liked it. Torn whether or not to do B or star Claire's A run. I think the game was pretty great, definitely excited for resident evil 3 to be remade if that's the trend. They can stop after. I didn't play 5,6, or 7 but given how needlessly convoluted the story became I don't think I missed out on much.

>Leon's buddy cop ends up being Sherry and he becomes the most awkward dorky bumbling father figure
>He gives her one of those badges made for children and she likes it so much, she lets Leon hold onto her pendant.
>Has to choose between trusting in his superior or sticking with his own sense of justice and defying the police chief to protect Sherry
>“Sir, consider this my resignation.”
>Sherry gets infected but Leon stays with her
>"Wh-why are you doing this?"
>"Because I... because I'm an officer Sherry, helping people is what we do. Now let’s get you treated, I'm no good without my partner backing me up, right?"
>Annette, who's probably under immense pressure from her husband becoming an abomination, her own daughter almost dying, and all the recent events, finds sweet release in Leon, the idealistic and pure young officer.
>They escape the city together
>Annette has a passionate, caring, hot, young stud to throw around the bedroom daily and an actual husband
>Sherry gets lots of brothers and sisters in no time at all
Why, Capcom, why...

Attached: annette.jpg (1600x900, 644K)

Just do Claire B since that's where the disappointment starts. Don't expect a parallel story to Leon A since they didn't even try.

Attached: 1543960580349.jpg (2980x3040, 1.11M)

Not really killed but there were too many interesting characters that got killed too soon.
Personally I'd like a spin off focused on the STARS team before the outbreak. I would like to explore Raccoon City and meet it's people before everything went to shit.

why is Capcom so lazy?

>Ada improved
Why couldn't everyone else?

>playing RE6 for the first time
>finding Leon's campaign a hell of a lot of fun
>a nice mix of being overpowered but at the same time you can be completely overwhelmed by everything
>only issue is that missions take a long fucking time, my first two took nearly two hours
>don't really get why people hate this game beyond this
>complete Leon's story and enjoyed it
>jump on to Chris
>it's fucking RE5 all over again
>zombies with guns, everytime you kill one it turns into a mutation that takes even more time to kill
>getting shot pushes Chris back and onto the floor which wastes a lot of time and is very annoying
>piers looks like nathan drake and all he does is shout at you
>now I see why people hate this game

Hoping Sherry's story is better, also, why did they give Sherry the same VA as Ashley? The first thing she says in the game is "LEON!" and I fucking thought Ashley was going to turn up out of nowhere.

Wish I could tell you. I just find it embarrassing that one act in some two-bit rail shooter spin-off managed to recreate more of the enemies and environments then the actual official remake of a 4 hour game made over 20 years ago.

Why do RE fans give me shit when I say 7 is my favorite?

Only nu/v/ was satisfied with DEmake 2. The oldfags wanted fca + tank controls and should have boycotted it

ada looked better in 6

Attached: ada.jpg (910x537, 65K)

The Ivy-zombies are way better than the original Ivys. The remake ones can actually be difficult rather than the shit tier statue/bullet sponges in the original. foh

Agree. And they look better than a giant plant pussy

Rino

based

Attached: Resident Evil pro.jpg (842x468, 125K)

Jake and Sherry is just a shittier version of RE3 with running from the big monster similarly to running from nemesis

did anyone even ask for re5 and re6 to be ported to switch? like yeah, now i can finally play re5 and i played re6 to death on the 360. funny thing is i played revelations 1 on 3 systems, and all raid mode stuff done on the 360 and switch versions...

It's a remake with completely different controls and camera. It's no excuse to completely change an enemy and remove most of their moveset instead of making them better. Remake ivy's stagger for so fucking long when you hit the giant yellow targets, they're a complete non-threat to anyone who can aim.

And the original Ivys that literally stand in one place and basically just spit poison were a threat? The Ivy-zombies at least have an instant kill grab if you dont have a defense item and have the ability to give you somewhat of a problem with the ability to lunge grab compared to jobber mcjobberson original ones.

Give me Ashley Helena and Sheva

Thing is that fucking enemy sucked. Just look at it. Looks like a fucking pokemon.

Attached: re2 plant.jpg (900x1040, 217K)

youtube.com/watch?v=RYnFIRc0k6E

>Watching episode of Lupin The Third
>Flashbacks to Wesker fight in RE5

Attached: Lupin III S3 - 07 [BDrip X265 AAC 720P]_3.5.webm (960x720, 2.73M)

3>1>2>6>5>>>all

>It's no excuse to completely change an enemy and remove most of their moveset instead of making them better.

So you settled for zombies from outbreak. At least these released spores that would poison you if you shot them too close.

Attached: Resident-evil-outbreak-file-2-20050204042452135_640w.jpg (353x550, 35K)

The Ivy monsters were not good, why are you obsessed with them?

I don't give a fuck about fca+tank controls. I'm just mad that so much shit got cut and the story got castrated. Much of the good replacement for that content is few and far between.

Attached: xa1tlvfr9f411.png (2560x1440, 3.36M)

I'll have to admit that the plant zombies from outbreak were better than the one's we got, but for me anything is better than a walking flower.
Then again, we are talking about back when Capcom cared about games. Outbreak was superior in every way to Re2make.

Is there any chance that Capcom could remake Outbreak and do it justice? Or do you think it would just end up being a subpar version of RE5 with 4 players?

My man, I was incredibly pissed when I found out that area was deleted. It was the most iconic are from Re2 after the RPD.
They had the right idea with the police station remade, why couldn't they do the same with the sewers, the sewage plant and especially the fucking Marshalling Yard. They replaced it with a shitty electric Akira elevator. The Umbrella lab was also supposed to be less futuristic and more industrial.

Attached: re0 underground lab.jpg (1280x720, 587K)

They won't ever. Capcom still probably see it as a big failure since they outright cancelled releasing the rest of the scenarios after File 2.

I actually think of the sewers as an objective improvement over the original. I agree with everything else though.

Ada peaked in RE4

Honestly it's pretty great but it really shows how small the games setting is, they should have made big changes to the story and added a whole new area

Attached: jill_face_mad5.jpg (641x526, 99K)

I'm waiting for the return of regular Chris posting

Isn't its design based on a Godzilla monster? Biolante or something?

Are RE2MAKE dlcs necessary? should I just get standard

Not at all. Any DLC that added actual content (ghost survivors) came as an update and is already included with standard.

thank god

Can't wait for remake 1 remake

Attached: becca_f_007.jpg (750x743, 80K)

Can't tell honestly. Considering they can be quite lazy they'll probably just make a remaster with updated graphics for pc and next gen but I fear it will have bugs and end up somehow being inferior to the original.
If they ever make a remake which I think is unlikely because it would require you know, work, I can't tell how they will approach it. Multiple scenarios or one giant map of Raccoon City? I heard Capcom was interested in making a RE mmorpg so I could see them taking outbreak in that direction. Maybe it would be safer for them to just make a new sequel, an outbreak file 3.

Think they'll cut the giant spiders and chimera? Nah, like that would ever happen haha...

coming soon in 2029

Yeah, I don't love the design.

>only nu-Yea Forums

If your first experince with RE2 was not on the demo disc that cane with RE1 directors cut before RE2 was even out then get the fuck out my face, also i bought REmake 2 TWICE. Get fucked.

Attached: EED52841-9306-41E0-8170-7D113B90D719.jpg (1786x2048, 609K)

4 looks weird to me. 6 looks actually attractive.

Jesus christ use 4:3

>this was a 15 year old girl

I don't think there's any chance of them doing File 3, at least unprompted. If they ported the first 2 first then maybe it could happen. I'd be satisfied with just a PC port of Outbreak so we could get a larger playerbase.

>bragging about being old

I always found it cool how in the final game they blocked the alley with a van and make you go through the basketball court then through a bus just to get to that point.

Attached: Human High-Light Film.jpg (301x895, 94K)

>telling me i must be underage

It had a bunch of other oddities as well. In the demo the Licker drops a zombie head from the ceiling, in the finished game they left that zombie head up there but it never falls and dissapears if you leave the room.

youtu.be/aCKsW8aSUJ8

>pretending to not be senile
How do you do fellow kids

Attached: this is sherry.jpg (1920x1080, 493K)

Attached: Resident Evil 1 Dogs muted.webm (800x600, 1.74M)

Attached: clairexleonxsherry3.jpg (2030x1084, 280K)

The tone is all over the place I'm this game

Attached: claire_flirt2.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

she is so thirsty

Attached: just surviving.jpg (1920x1080, 456K)

Especially classic dress

Attached: re2dress.jpg (1400x2000, 260K)

I'd breed with her right then and there

Attached: Resident Evil 1 Berry.webm (800x600, 425K)

Attached: claire_outfilt35.jpg (419x405, 42K)

I think it is surely a good game, but it feels soulless at the same time
that's because the remake abandoned the feeling of "adventure game" that old RE games had, such as melancholy music always playing during gameplay, text messages popped up when you detect an object, and the fun of puzzling out what happened in that situation and an other place etc that you could explore though other person's perspective.

these things were considered as trivial things by the developer and ignored because they did not understand the essence of old games and what makes them great. old RE games were, if anything, closer to Ace Attorney or Danganronpa rather than pure action games such as RE4, and which is the biggest charm for me. We wanted to escape from that mysterious city surrounded by zombies and puzzle out the truth that keeps trapping us, not just shooing zombies.

Attached: RE2 Claire-1.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

Attached: statue.jpg (1920x1080, 433K)

Does anyone know if there's a mod to replace the default Ada dress in RE4 and Separate Ways with this Mercenaries costume? Googling for such ancient mod content is giving no usable results.

If it wasn't for the heels that would probably be a pretty decent motorcycle outfit.

They don't. Those are the 4/5/6 shitters. RE fans recognize how close that game is to the design of the original. Also there are faggots who think that all first person horror games are trying to copy Outlast, so the logic is [copying a bad game = RE7 must be a bad game too]

7 is kinda shit though.

Don't say that.

What is Jill doing now?

Attached: 1550140449722.gif (215x161, 1.07M)

Because 7 is one of the few games that gets worse on replays. I remember when it had near universal praise, and then a few months later nobody would talk about about it because everybody had beaten it on Madhouse, then got all the collectibles and realized how linear the piece of shit it and how it had the most unskippable cutscenes in an RE game, and that its level design fucking sucked compared to all classic games and REmake 2 which followed it up.

>RE fanbase overhyped the RE2 remake as the next coming of Christ
>everyone already forgot it exists because it's extremely mediocre

Is the RE fanbase the worst fanbase of all times?

damn fence

Attached: fence.jpg (1920x1080, 423K)

RE2make is goty

RE7 tried to be Resident Evil and succeeded for the most part. RE 4 5 and 6 didn't try to be Resident Evil and succeeded.

I think you're confusing the entire fandom forgetting the game with your own unwillingness to ever play it again after grinding S+ strategies and destroying all the replayability for yourself.

>Better = whiter.

Attached: 1560964986014.png (524x541, 233K)

REmake 2 had as much discussion as any new RE game (its discussion lasted longer than 7, ignoring the people posting "Not a Hero when?")and its memes will probably stick around.
Shit like "muh extraction point" and "Fuck my sister" came from REmake 2 and will probably live on. "Fuck my sister" is technically an evolution of KEKlaire posting which has been around for a long time and Chris "AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH" posting

Attached: tumblr_o5mx8eQlMX1tox5ero1_1280.png (699x558, 216K)

>Dead pale

Attached: 1548200246.jpg (1024x530, 84K)

The butt cleavage of this model is supernatural

> I like to buy the physical version even though i play on pc

Attached: IMG_20190626_145936.jpg (3968x2976, 1.92M)

Where do they even sell physical PC games anymore? I never see them in stores

tfw everyone improves except for jill

Attached: RE.png (1605x784, 2.18M)

Well, my local store has plenty of physical pc games. They are dying though. I had to ask my store to order a physical copy of RE2. Normally they don't get new physical pc games.

Hello, my name is Leon Scott Kennedy. I am a member of an anti-Umbrella faction. What's your name and occupation?

Attached: (((Leon))).gif (67x86, 3K)

Good old times

It's a lot of fun when the game is still new and lots of people are still there discussing it. This is one of my favorite RE7 threads, back from 2017:

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/372885131/

You could never get that kind of discussion about RE7 now

Attached: Marguerite.jpg (1600x908, 240K)

>one of my favourite threads
>just posts an image link

Just went back to play this game after not touching it for a few months. Plays great but the game overall is way too fucking short. They need to release RE3 as an expansion of this game and make it a 5 - 10 hour playthrough. Randomizer might also increase play time too

it was an accident. Then I reposted it and I forgot my quote, shit.

Attached: Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg (1024x683, 102K)

Yeah, I know. Still wanted to poke fun.
This is my personal favourite thread, from when CVX on PS4 got leaked. Mostly because of the first few posts.
I miss Steveposting.
archived.moe/v/thread/372182704

What's the most well-written Resident Evil game?

I love Claire.

Attached: 1552767612451.jpg (538x672, 38K)

In terms of mainline entries it'd be either RE3 or REmake 1. Maybe RE5.
In spin-offs, easily Dead Aim/Heroes Never Die.

REmake makes no sense though. Everything contradicts itself, albeit not as badly as Remake2. All RE games have sub-par writing but I think Revelations 1 might be best in that regard. Despite the horrible flashback scenes.

the oldfags augurably stopped playing videogames years ago
manchildren shouldn't be listened to

I thought RE7 had decent writing, with Eveline and her fucked up B.O.W. / mind-control game of House

Attached: free my family.png (1375x833, 1000K)

Revelations fucking sucked man. The villain's motivations made no fucking sense when looked at with any scrutiny and all the characters fucking blew. People only liked it because they wanted to jerk off.
And REmake 1 doesn't contradict itself

Arbitrary camera angles were never intended desingn but the result of technical limitations and tank controls were never intended design but necessary due to arbitrary camera angles. A remake with arbitrary camera angles was never going to happen because the increase in graphical fidelity by pre-rendering the backgrounds would have been so marginal that it wouldn't have been worth it to compromise control and feedback so massively. REmake2 didn't need to have static cameras and tank controls, so it didn't. If the original RE1 on the Playstation or its remake on the Gamecube could have been done without static camera angles, they would have been. But both put visuals first. It would have been impossible to get to anywhere near the visual fidelity of those games on their respective systems with full real time rendering. It was possible to manage that with REmake2.

>REmake 1 doesn't contradict itself
Wesker, Jill and Barry get to the mansion and Chris is missing while Chris also enters with them and Barry is missing. Jill and Barry are sent to investigate while Wesker stays in the lobby alone, and Wesker sends Chris to investigate and stays in the lobby with Jill. Wesker then abandons Barry and Jill and then finds and imprisons Chris, and while Chris is investigating, Wesker kidnaps and imprisons Jill. Jill and Chris both collect the same 4 masks and kill the same Crimson Head. Chris runs into Rebecca, then Chris gets grabbed by Plant 42 and Rebecca saves him using the V-Jolt, then Chris kills Plant 42. Jill also poisons Plant 42 using the V-Jolt and Barry kills it with the flamethrower. Barry tries to betray Jill in the Trevor mausoleum, Jill gives him his gun back and they defeat Lisa. Chris finds Wesker in the Trevor mausoleum and together they defeat Lisa. Chris unlocks the cell and finds Jill there. Jill unlocks the cell and finds Chris there. Wesker is stabbed by the Tyrant in front of Barry and Jill and Jill defeats the Tyrant. Wesker shoots Rebecca in front of Chris, Tyrant stabs Wesker and Chris defeats the Tyrant. Rebecca recovers and goes to set off the self-destruct system. Wesker recovers and goes to set off the self-destruct system. Barry and Chris hold off the mutants as Jill signals Brad. Rebecca and Jill hold off the mutants as Chris signals Brad. Jill kills the Tyrant with the rocket launcher. Chris kills the Tyrant with the rocket launcher. Jill, Chris and Barry escape without Rebecca. Chris, Jill and Rebecca escape without Barry. The end.

Those are contradictions not coming from REmake itself but interviews and sequels.

Revelations 3 when? Considering they will never make another game with 6 like gameplay ever again I'll take the nest best action resident evil. 2make didn't fill that hole.

wtf are you talking about? I just listed right there exactly what blatantly contradicts itself in the game.

Is Revelations 2 any good? I played Rev 1 and I thought it was mostly okay at the time.

Attached: fuck you.jpg (1920x1080, 601K)

Except the game itself never says everybody escapes, it just gives you two relatively different campaigns.
These "contradictions" only come from knowledge of later games.
Revelations 2 has an actually good story and better gameplay.

The real canon route is some kind of combination of the two that isn't shown. Nobody thinks Jill and Chris's playthrough was simultaneous

The gameplay of Revelations 2 is probably the best in the series. The rest of the game might have some problems especially with the story but overall the game is better than Rev 1. And definitely better than 4 5 and 6.

>has an actually good story

>RE game
>good story
lol

You have to keep in mind that "for RE" should be assumed whenever you say something is good or bad in an RE thread.

I think you're just trying to come up with external excuses to make some schrödinger's canon to dismiss and acknowledge both scenarios and neither at the same time. Just accept that they are a contradiction. Also it makes no sense to ignore sequels just to retroactively justify claims of there being no contradictions. Before Resident Evil 3's ending, neither scenario was canon. After, Jill's scenario was canon because Barry canonically escapes. After vendetta neither scenario is once again canon because both Barry and Rebecca are confirmed to be alive.

Only 2 versions left to get user

I'm redfield

Attached: chris.jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

Except nothing in the game itself contradicts what happens. The campaigns are obviously not meant to happen at the same time.
An actual contradiction would be in RE2, where the A/B scenarios constantly contradict themselves in the gameplay, and you can say this as the A/B scenarios are intended to be canon to one another.
Also, the contradictions that come from the sequels (not from the game itself you retard), are explained away as a third unseen scenario where everyone escapes. That's the canonical explanation.

>a third unseen scenario where everyone escapes.
As I said, you're just inventing shit to explain it.

>loved RE1
>loved RE2
>liked RE3 but it felt half baked and the boss battles with Nemesis were awful
>liked CV but it dragged on
>hated 0
>fucking loved REmake, it's the perfect classic title
>liked 4 but it was a jack of all trades kinda game, nothing really stood out about
>loved 5, fun as fuck, even when playing solo, sure it was an action game but it was well made
>loved 6, pretty much the same as 5, it also looks ridiulously good
>liked 7, for all the praise it got the story was terrible imo and it just wasn't that scary
>loved 2R

Do I have shit taste?

No, that is the actual explanation. Because both of the main campaigns in REmake and RE1 don't actually happen. This is confirmed by the "contradictions" from later games.
Also, I'd like to point out, again, that you said REmake contradicted itself, when in actuality you were talking about contradictions built from expectations and sequels.
No

No, it's the devs inventing shit.

Pretty average really except that 6 is a horrible game and the only people who like it are the ones who play 4 for Mercenaries and think that mode belongs in a Resident Evil game.

What about the revelations games?

Damn I wanna see Jill on new engine

I liked 6 and I only play 4 in story mode. I did beat RE4 Mercs for the Handcannon though.

RE3 came after RE1 and confirmed that Barry is alive. REmake came after RE3 and did nothing to attempt to avoid the confusion of the original. So it's not building on expectations and sequels. REmake recreated the confusion almost exactly and based it on the original.

If this is confusing to you, you'd lose your mind playing any Yoko Taro game.

why choose the worst version of jill

Who would've guessed that REmake is a remake of RE1?
They kept the two campaigns system the same because they didn't want to make the game burdened by having to keep Chris and Jill's actions in canon.
Also, REmake technically did live up to that expectation. As there was a campaign that kept everybody alive except Rebecca. Rebecca wasn't confirmed to still be alive post-RE1 until BIOHAZARD the Stage.

because, user, I'm not gonna lie to you here
outside of jack and the dialogue from ethan, the game isn't very good
there's barely any enemy variety and none of the enemies are actually fun to fight, the guns are all similar to but not quite real guns and none of them feel very good, the antagonists that aren't jack are all pretty lame, most of the bossfights are boring, and the story wasn't that impressive

all in all it was a mediocre RE

Do those games also have multiple campaigns and neither of them are canon and you need to patch together a basic outline from all without ever being able to reconcile all events with the rest?

Nah I thought it was pretty fun and about your average when it comes to RE monsters except it's mold instead of rotting flesh oh no.

I'm gonna say something controversial here, Yea Forums

fixed camera angles aren't that great in their original format
dino crisis, CV/X, and the outbreaks all had panning camera angles combined with fixed angles that were infinitely better than the original style, which only existed because of the pre-rendered backgrounds
the reason people think horrror games can't use those angles is because they're retarded and haven't seen the evolved version seen in the aforementioned games

Plenty of Taro sequels go off of endings that weren't even in the games.

Do I need it for mods?

ahem, FUCK RESIDENT EVIL

Attached: file_12773_evil-within.jpg (1920x1080, 581K)

they looked cool, sure, but they were very basic and had no variety outside of "it's the same guy but he acts like a licker" and "it's the same guy but he's fat"

not to mention they're almost the exact same enemy as the regenerators and the dudes from REvelations and RE6 but less slimy and more rotting carcass-y

>dino crisis, CV/X, and the outbreaks all had panning camera angles combined with fixed angles that were infinitely better than the original style
I think it's even worse because they make absolutely no sense. The player doesn't have free use of the camera even though it's technically perfectly possible, and the camera moves around a fully 3d-rendered environment on its own even though the only reason why arbitrary camera angles have ever existed is technical limitations. Either have pre-rendered backgrounds that look great but compromise visual feedback and control quality, or have dynamic camera and inferior graphics. It makes no sense whatsoever to have arbitrary camera angles in full 3d. It compromises every aspect of the game. The visual feedback is worse, tank controls are mandatory and still the graphics are worse. It's the worst of all worlds.

I can only really disagree with 3, REmake, and 4
I fucking loved 3 and thought REmake was good but not the hot shit people make it out to be
mercenaries has been a thing since RE1 on the saturn, user

So I guess those ports of 5 and 6 on Switch have some input lag issues outside of the framerate being bad, might also not be 1080p.
Just a weird thing I don't know why Capcom button promts for Nintendo are white.

the graphics quality is only worse because the games that used that type of camera were all made on 6th gen and older systems

today, it'd provide an experience that beats third person horror and fixed camera horror because it wouldn't feel as bland as TPS and it wouldn't feel as stilted as fixed camera, while providing a sort of cinematic view to the player
it, like many things about dino crisis and the outbreaks, was ahead of its time

Any game director who needs dictatorial control over the camera to the point of compromising player controls in order to achieve their cinematic vision should stop trying to make videogames because they have no idea what they're doing.

jill

how would it compromise player controls
if anything it'd be a thousand times more user friendly because you can use a thumbstick and analog controls without getting ill from changing angles back and forth because forward is suddenly the opposite of where you're currently pushing your joystick

0 or 7 bby!

Attached: AllOfTheLights.gif (240x328, 3.99M)

Where did everything go wrong?

Attached: file.png (1019x1200, 2.12M)

How would it not compromise player controls? When you can't control the camera and the angles change on their own, the only control scheme that is compatible will be tank controls. That's literally the reason why tank controls exist. You can't have anything other than that with arbitrary camera angles. Even basic directional controls are incompatible because of the constant contextual switching of directional control on every camera change.

The camera angles aren't arbitrary restrictions, they're directorial intent. They show you exactly what the game director wants you to see.
Your argument is literal brainlet tier.

I've been wanting them to remake the remake and make RE0 canon. Why doesn't Becky mention anything about RE0 when she meets up with Chris in the mansion?

Wrong. Resident Evil 1 was supposed to be in first person but Playstation real time graphics look like ass. It's not a directorial decision. It is and has always been a technical compromise. It even was in REmake.

if it's technical compromise, why was RE3 developed alongside dino crisis with fixed angles? why did DC2 go back to fixed angles? and REmake and RE0?

Except that was only VERY early on, and when the change did happen, they chose camera angles to emulate horror films.

I did some counting
did you know that rebecca is technically one of the most relevant female protagonists? she's been playable in every game she had story relevance in and was a main character in a CG movie, and is tied with ada in terms of number of appearances in canon RE titles
meanwhile at #1 is a tie between jill and claire

I unironically like Piers. Roid rage Chris was a massive dick.

Speedrun Re3 on 1:36. 4 saves, S rank.

shame chris didn't die
would've been a pretty bold move for capcom

Capcom lack balls to kill protagonist. They should have killed Jill for real in 5. That would have been better motivation for Chris to kill Wesker

The proper compromise is a camera that moves on a scripted track, in the direction that your character moves.
Picture a hallway. Door at one end, 90* corner then a door at the other. The RE1 dog hallway basically.
When you enter from door A, the camera can start above your character looking ahead. As you walk forward, the camera can move around you, swooping slowly along its track. When you reach the corner, the camera can be scripted such that the closer you get to the corner, the more you can see around it, so you preserve that "fear of the unknown" spookiness. If you turn and go back, the camera can swing around and follow its track to the reverse.
This lets you get the benefits of fixed cameras as well as the flexibility of third person. It just takes a good director/cinematographer to script the camera matinees through the levels. Imagine what you could do, the camera could swoop down under chairs or tables, or go outside and watch your character through windows to give a creepy feeling. You don't have the movement problems you get with fixed cameras because the camera doesn't jump to new positions, it moves naturally so you can adjust the stick or w/e on the fly.

So did Jake and Sherry bang?

>RE6
>Play Ada
>Stomp on a zombie with those sexy boots of hers
>Get boner

Attached: x7wuDSazMtvmdzo405z3wWtrK6w_lmY3TxmbQGBPxAY.jpg (600x623, 24K)

no one in RE ever really bangs

except bruce and fong ling, they absolutely fucked

So you want dynamic camera angles. Like in Silent Hill and CVX

Jake is Wesker and Becca's son.

that's basically the outbreak/dino crisis/CVX camera, user
it moves on a predetermined route, like a camera on a dolly

rebecca would've been 12 if she gave birth to jake, user

wesker is a known pedophile

so that's why he hung out with birkin...

6 is Ada's ugliest incarnation, her face is fucked. Get some taste.

RE4 Ada a best.

Why the fuck would anyone want RE3 remake? RE1 was a much better game.

Girls at 12 arent even fertile yet

because it was the strongest of the first 3, user
what? yes they are
you can be fertile as young as like, 8

Why doesn't Chris bang Jill?

>Just partners
He is in eternal friend zone

>Doesn't bang Jill despite her being literally perfect
>Has big muscles and hangs out at the gym with lots of other oiled up muscular men

Attached: Umaru 21.png (1001x909, 893K)

I like to think that jill bangs rebecca, but I'll just chalk it up to capcom wanting nobody to bang anybody so fans can pair people up as they please

Attached: Imagine the smell.jpg (1242x691, 31K)

Attached: SSSSSSNNNNNNFFFFFFFF.jpg (1230x1080, 83K)

>mfw this was in my recommended videos
youtube.com/watch?v=QKXWAE8YYxY
Fucking nostalgia, youtube doing something good for once.

Attached: 154018830070.jpg (423x420, 19K)

Wow, good sherry mods when?

Attached: cute.jpg (145x470, 46K)

Attached: BRAAAAAAAAAAP.jpg (1377x1080, 63K)

Attached: THAT FUCKING CAT.jpg (960x518, 24K)

What do you think they smell like haha

don't lewd the sherry

too late user, 20 years late

jesus christ it's been fucking years since I saw this
but check this out
youtube.com/watch?v=qaG12m6q9Yo

theoretically, soon
you're far too late user

Attached: sherryc.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

>Published on 2 Feb 2006

Attached: 1542825028780.jpg (233x198, 7K)

Looks cute, is there a release date?

delet

never ever

How do you guys live with the pain that you will never have BSAA Mommy Jill Valentine to hold you at night

Attached: jill_valentine_b_s_a_a_by_lordhayabusa357_d53egv1-pre.jpg (659x1213, 61K)

you know, jill valentine has never canonically used a pistol other than a beretta
that's why jill is the best RE girl

I'm patiently waiting for fully simulated VR Jill in 2028.

Do like I do and avoid pretending you can miss a place you've never been to.

Attached: jill_bsaa.jpg (932x1024, 460K)

I want her to fuck me like I'm a girl with her strapon. Then after we'd snuggle and watch TV.

I want to be jill but also be fucked by jill at the same time
that way I am at peace

why do they keep introducing characters to never use them again?
why can't parker become part of the main cast so he can job harder and still come out on top

Rachel tho

Attached: a42df335983367feb1f2ec473f7a025e.png (480x800, 361K)

They're constantly experimenting and seeing what sticks. Everyone loved cheesy anime superhero Leon and he's been that ever since. People liked Hunnigan as well and she's kept appearing in more games and movies. HUNK too. People can barely remember that Parker exists.

to be fair, they introduced her dead
then you killed her again
it's not that people liked hunnigan, it's that hunnigan is kind of attached to leon since she's basically his handler
and the only reason people barely remember parker is because he was in one game and a bad manga, and his game started its life as a 3DS game that nobody bought

>all RE video content now is just reviews, analyses and anthology shit
>there will never be funposting RE on youtube again
Miss 2000 RE era

>some kind of combination of the two that isn't shown
That sort of assumption makes for shitty writing and people do notice it. Same issue with REmake 2

>you'll never head over to residentevilfan and check out the new images posted on caption this

Attached: 897654654874.jpg (1080x1568, 321K)

>ywn tame Ooze Rachel and help her live a relatively normal life with her deformations

Attached: RachelOoze2.jpg (800x800, 76K)

reddit joke

the reddit boogeyman is why we don't make memes anymore

The last physical PC game I bought was Titanfall 2 and I don't even know where I put it.

post goth claire faggots

this is an RE thread, not a claire thread

You already had your cringe Jordan thread

>no more Super Awesome Adventures of Hunk