BFA 8.2 is a massive failure

>cleared content in 3 hours except the raid

this game is done and so is Blizzard.
at least I can play FFXIV expansion is peace now.

Attached: azhara.jpg (299x168, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/93e839d8b86cfb5284c42c21336bca295810a1d2
youtube.com/watch?v=shC6Cw_gxb0
youtube.com/watch?v=rrnw7XuGTJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tR1nHnEL3PM
youtu.be/JmmCBkuaGPc
youtu.be/MmkHAlhCvWg
youtu.be/wosMXEWlWgE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1561164153042.jpg (1200x1013, 127K)

Did they add a new warfront? I can't wait!

MOGS
MOUNTS
CHEEVOS!!

GOING BIG DICK BOYS COLLECTING THESE COSMETICS! I'M LE'PURPS KING XD! KAPPAS IN THE CHAT

I just want Classic already. Fuck
NuWoW literally feels like a fucking job

>playing wow on new patch launch
Here is when to play wow
1. First month after expansion release
2. One month 1-2 months after last patch releases

It's pretty buggy too. You can tell that Blizzard rushed to get this shit out as quickly as possible this week, hoping it'd help keep what few remaining players there are from switching to Shadowbringers later in the week.

>release ahead of ShB to undercut the competition
>forget to include the new dungeon or raid
I cannot imagine being so stupid.
People will maybe check out the patch, see how shit it is, then cut their losses and leave for ShB instead.

been doing literally this for years, since cataclysm

how can u clear the content when it's timegated? :^)

what did the dev team actually do that took so long, its insane how long it took for the patch to drop. nothing to do except wq for flying

eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/93e839d8b86cfb5284c42c21336bca295810a1d2

SHADOWBRINGER PRELIM PATCH NOTES.

Is sylvanas dead yet?

who gives a fuck at this point
if you care enough to still bitch about wow even though its been terrible for almost a decade now you have nobody to blame but yourself

NO NEGATIVITY IN THE DOJO

Isnt this patch meant to be non time gated and fucking ton of shit to do with a new timeless isle? How can you have done everything

>Isnt this patch meant to be non time gated
Are you serious? The entire patch is time gated. People finished all the available content in under 2 hours and were back to jumping around town.

8.2 was rushed out to compete with FF14s expansion, like WoW does every time their competitors drop an expansion.

Now that all the talent has left or been moved to other projects you can tell this strategy is going to keep biting them in the ass. They did this for Rift, Warhammer, Wildstar, ESO, SWTOR, and many others and it worked every time because they were the big dogs in town with the most polish. But now FFXIV has more polish and actually releases content at a pretty decent rate with a lot to do in game outside of raiding. Blizzard can't play their same game anymore, but they keep trying and they'll keep failing until they fix their own inherent problems.

Bout time too. I was ready for WoW to die midway through Cataclysm. It's a shame it's taken this long. MMOs aren't meant to last 10+ years with constant content updates. Make a new one without the bloat and I guarantee it'd sell like hotcakes. The only thing keeping old games afloat is whales, but that's a loser's strategy that slowly dwindles until even the whales move on to greener pastures. DDO2 with a 5e base, WoW 2 to act like a soft reset on systems and additions, City of Heroes 2, the list goes on. If they would just buckle up, weather the scorn of their whales, and press forward with brand new content that doesn't hinge on 15 year old systems they'd find a new pace. Instead they'd rather play it cheap, impress the investors in the short time, and kill their game slowly over time.

>non time gated
Who the fuck told you those blatant lies

>hopelessly addicted for 14 years
>BfA finally broke me
Bless you Ion

ESO is still alive at the moment, but FFXIV will quickly eclipse it when the expac drops.

same. I was one of the few people who defended WoW during legion. but bfa? there's simply nothing to defend.

Blizzard logic in a nutshell
>"Only haters can possibly get bored when we dictate exactly how much progress you can make at any given time"

The game feels like it was made by a robot running a fun over time algorithm with no soul in sight. It's so calculated and rote that nothing feels enjoyable anymore. They tell you how to play the game, in which order to play the game, and give you randomized stat sticks that differ only slightly from the optimal stat sticks. There's nothing cool or fun to discover or experiment with anymore. The game is devoid of soul and it reeks emptiness the whole way through. Modern WoW is like playing a second job. You just press the buttons you're told and receive the skinnerbox item at the end. It's disgusting. At least other games disguise their skinnerbox. WoW is almost entirely transparent at this point.

>tfw you will go back not out of love but because wow was the first, and will be the last mmo to ever host servers in your country
even if I liked final fantasy I can't go back to non-local latency

>muh ff14
do you retards really believe that actiblizz care about them?

Legion was honestly rad outside of the way that legendaries worked and the way class halls worked was fun. There is genuinely not a single good thing about BFA

Yes. They've done more to quash lesser MMOs.

>you lived to see the day wow killed itself
That took forever

>FFIV Expansion vs. WOW Update

Go and play your FFIV Gay/Trans/Pride game, go an do it, fist your bumhole while you play your trans character and than swallow your own cum like real ffiv player.

FISTE DEINE ARSCH DU HURENSOHN!

>except the raid
so what you're saying is that you haven't even started

Attached: 1536747876115.jpg (300x300, 9K)

YES WE KNOW THE PATCH WAS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE, SO WHAT, I DONT FUCKING CARE ABOUT FFXIV SO GO FUCK YOURSELF

>wow kills itself and is just replaced by wow
Of course you mouth breathing sperg. WoW consistantly has dropped patches days before FF14 expansions to try to get people playing WoW instead. FF14 is now the biggest sub based MMO. At least it is for now, vanilla will probably kill it.

when you see FFIV streamers and players, you know why Hitler was right!

>ff14trannie and wowfags lives in the heads of each other rent free

Attached: 1547365187465.jpg (402x462, 8K)

Indeed, the FFIV jew fears the FFVI samurai

This is basically what we're stuck with because that one janitor keeps deleting 14 threads on here. Now they try to take over WoW threads thinking the janitor won't notice them.

IV will always be better than VI, fuck off with that gay ass half esper shit.

Who knew Blizzard were a bunch of alt right nazis

i wanna play ff14 but i don't wanna pay a sub. subscribe to my blog

Please no. Bunch of refugees will come over to XIV thinking they're hot shit for skipping dialogue. Fuck off WoW players go play World of Warcraft.

Attached: 1328699293.jpg (1080x608, 60K)

OMG HOLY SHIT THANKS FOR THOSE 10 GIFTED SUBS DUUUUUDE, WHAT THE FUCK HOLY SHIT THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, THAN KYOU DUDE.

Get a job, neet

Of course they do, pretty much everyone is jumping the ship and moving to FFXIV, then they release a major content patch and pay a bunch of streamers to claim that it'll fix all of BfA's problems.

Attached: 1560998189611.png (553x454, 208K)

lol fps capped to 90

I am retarded and can't into google, can someone sum up WoW's downfall to me? People keep mentioning Cata and WoD but I have no idea how nor how much they fucked shit up.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO RETAIL BULLS HOW COULD WE LOSE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR TIME
NOW CLASSICKEKS ARE LAUGHING AT US

They basically got rid of the MMO part of the genre. Server communities haven't been a thing since Wrath (2008), maybe even since TBC (2006).

>expansion is shit
>X.1 THEY LISTEN TO US
>X.2 BLIZZARD REDEEMED ITSELF
>X.3 BEST EXPANSION EVER, COME BACK GUYS PLEASE
every fucking time

Attached: whoaaa.jpg (642x192, 88K)

They fucking brought their cancer with them, bunch of lepers. They'll destroy FF like they destroyed WoW with their dubious ideas of what makes a good MMO.

AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL

imagine being a fucking moron who looks at videos with randomly capitalized words and thinks there's any intentions other than hoarding clicks

Have they added heroic warfronts that are possible to fail yet?

Yoshi won't care.

>and fucking ton of shit to do

Attached: times change.png (853x422, 431K)

They got rid of the MMO part with Classic you imbecile. WoW was literally designed around the idea that you shouldn't be forced into doing things as group if you didn't want to and that you could do everything solo. There are still interviews with the lead designers of thw time available right now that state as much.

i am wondering, what does Yea Forums think of the people who just play wow for mythic raiding because it's the only actual group PvE competitive content in videogames. (and don't fucking tell me FFXIV is competitive)

>playing MMOs
the genre is dead for a reason

I care.
WoW players have a different mindset than classic FF mmo players and they think they're completly right and that XIV should become more like their game. Nigerian refugees all the way. I could tell when they started pouring in during HW and now 3 years later the entire overtone of the game has changed. You're telling me even more of them are switching over. Play World of Warcraft.

Attached: angry loli.gif (320x180, 910K)

That was Classic, not NuWow.

game is so asocial now that you don't even need to form party for group quests

I already played FFIV on the SNES, good times

Classic more like sandbox game, there is no daily quests, your endgame content is not grind for grind, it's just having fun.

People will point to the "casualization" of WoW with WotLK but in reality that + MoP was where WoW was at its peak in terms of class design, gearing methods and content output. The real fall of WoW was with late MoP/ early WoD when "____ forging" came along. It essentially made it impossible to obtain your Best in Slot because it would so heavily randomize very single piece of gear. You never reach your cap so you always have a reason to keep playing. This got WAY worse with Legion and artifact level. It was another layer of "You can never reach the cap so stay subscribed forever or you'll fall behind!" except instead of needing to raid to get your ilvl boost you were forced to do the most tedious content you could think of.
Another reason WoW players are leaving in droves is the class design. MoP was the height of class design. Most jobs were interesting to play, had a low skill floor but had an extremely high skill ceiling. This lead to players not really relying on gear to clear content. A good player would clear in pre-raid BIS while a bad player would still be playing catch up even with all the welfare gear. This lead to a lot of casual players leaving and good players clearing all the content and having nothing to do. This is something which Blizzard didn't like so the class pruning began. Skill ceilings of the classes were drastically lowered and a larger portion of the damage output was put into auto attacks (as high as 50% for some classes). This combined with the endless grind for gear allowed them to timegate raid content for average players.
Now the thing is they had always done a good job at disguising this. The grind for artifact power wouldn't seem so bad when you had a clear goal in front of you and War Forging didn't feel so bad when the raids were actually well designed and the gear was good transmog anyway. BFA was when the curtain fell away because it was the first time the hardcore WoWcucks just got tired of the treadmill.

>your endgame content is not grind for grind
>classic

Attached: 1541795836435.jpg (261x180, 15K)

>he actually thinks classis is for raiding/grinding pvp ranks
Retail fool.

thank you user, very cool.

>I am retarded and can't into google, can someone sum up WoW's downfall to me?
The devs don't even play their own game anymore and prefer to play on their phones. This has bled into the game and turned content from something that's an excuse to socialize with other people into something that you finish in a couple of weeks or less. Less social interaction results in less player investment which results in lower sub counts.
Somehow they're either blind to this or intentionally ignorant. Probably because there's no diversity of thought in their offices.

Eve online at least pretends to listen to the playerbase and has a council of people who get elected to represent the players in discussions with the developers about the game's direction.

>delusional boomer

Not him but it is.

>WoW players have a different mindset than classic FF mmo players and they think they're completly right and that XIV should become more like their game.
imagine not having chat bubbles and talking animations

>t zoomer that didn't play vanilla

Classic is for wishing you 15 years younger.

I did. Also i farmed full preraid gear and was in MC/ZG raids.
It's fucking boring and not real endgame.

>goes out well out of their way to put patches at when xiv does anything
>lol they don't care

You're joking.
Classic is my only hope now, i hope it's amazing and so much fun that every wow player want to play it forever.

>Classic
>designed around playing solo

Attached: (you).gif (480x238, 443K)

Nobody really cares if game casual or not. Reason why Legion/Wrath(I never played MoP) was popular is because they added alot of fresh systems, content and improvements.

Now look at BfA. It literally reskinned Legion, hell its even less than that - its reskinned prunned Legion. It uses same cancer legion mechanics (ez mode classes, rng gearing, forced ap grind, daily questshit, dumbed down content, lfr, lfd, whatever), but now there is nothing to distract players from seeing how trully awfull these mechanics are. No good zones, no new classes, no class halls, no nothing.

It was same with Cata and WoD.

Being able to get to 60 completely solo was literally a selling point of retail vanilla compared to its predecessors you fucking monkey

Lol, still timegating content. Blows my mind how fucking arrogant they are even after hemmorhaging subs

Why do you care? Classic IS amazing and fun.

T. beta player

delusional fuck

>Playing retail WoW in 2019
Classic can't come out soon enough

When they started making gear scale I tried starting a new character. When my first 2-3 pieces of gear that used to be "upgrades" had zero difference from what I was wearing and I only had like 4 useful skills by level 15, and knowing there was nothing cool or unique coming up for plenty more time, I dropped it like hot shit. Why on earth did they make ALL gear scale? That alone totally ruined any sense of progression that was left.

...but Classic is retail. It's the same sub for both.

I alwyas wonder why pople shit at Cata so much, I had lotsa fun dungeonering and revamped azeroth made me go around and look at every nook and crany of world I one knew as back of my hand. Talents sucked thou and I didnt like class changes much but Cata was last time I had fun in wow

Did you expect anything else?

Attached: 1534442151858.jpg (235x234, 15K)

No retail is retail. Classic is a different game, dirty nigger

>Classic

Attached: retard approves.jpg (720x416, 171K)

no you didn't you little bitch i bet you didn't even unlock the flight whistle for new zones

Same subscription. Same launcher. Same client. Same company. Only difference is selecting a classic server from the server list.

TOO FAT IS IT?

Attached: 1558641380-barath1-removebg.png (400x300, 151K)

>same company

Nah, Classic developers were different and it shows.

What makes a good MMO for you?

people screaming their lungs out at me for my mad rogue skilzz

Are you seriously claiming WoW Classic isn't a Blizzard game? Then who are the invisible magic devs making this game of your dreams? Chinese contractors?

Good. Stay there forever and never shit u-I mean play FFXIV then

At this time line of clown world I would be more carefull about saying that. It might turn out to be true.

>Then who are the invisible magic devs making this game of your dreams?
Not him but the current devs are only reading the instructions manual written by other people 15 years ago to create classic.

Compared to other MMO's of late nineties / early 00's, it was. Back then healers and support classes didn't get any attacks, and dps had zero ways to sustain themselves. Compared to that, healer dps specs, dps getting bandages, and even Smite and Shadow Word: Pain were a huge leap towards solo focus. Plus this whole "quests" thing, which gave xp rewards for doing things alone.

But that was then and now is now. Classic isn't any more solo focused than the rest of retail is.

The thing with most of WoW's competition over the years is that they all self-imploded with little effort on Blizzard's part aside from copying their best features, so they became complacent. Along comes another sub-based MMO that doesn't die within six months and now they don't know want to do. Coupled with an absolutely lazy piece of shit expansion and they're floundering. FF14 doubling it's numbers within two years before the expansion even comes out probably has them shitting themselves.

Classic isnt a Blizzard game, it ActivisionBlizzard game. And it isnt recreatrion of vanilla either.

There's a free trial to 35 but it's unironically the worst part of the game

Attached: 1497407034386.jpg (530x1124, 110K)

>playing japshit MMOs

Attached: 1561376730844.jpg (990x682, 49K)

>WoW turned to shit
>and that's why you should play this Japanese carbon copy of WoW
I'll never understand you people. At least play ESO if you want something slightly different.

I agree with this. I played the trial up to level 15 and I left the game without any will to live anymore

How's E$O?

lol this since cata

FFXIV not even a fucking mmo tho, everythings instanced in linear zones. Pretty fucking terrible, it would be fun to play if it was a proper open world

sub keeps the spics out

I still enjoy it and you can not stop me

>Classic

Attached: dumb and stupid.png (229x286, 127K)

It's WoW with FF painting. Reason why people play it is just because it's FF themed nothing more

>can literally get to max level without ever interacting with another human being
yes?

I'd laugh my ass off if classic is so sucesful that the current wow team gets axed Blizzard just does Classic+ and keeps retail on life support.

It won't happen.
Classic will soon be abandoned. Retail will stay. It will suck but it sure as hell will be more alive than Classic in 3-4 months.

The only good expansions to ever come out are burning crusade and allah forgive me cataclysm
Every other expac has been a further degeneration of the series designed to wipe the ass of the eternal wrathbaby.

Even if Classic is a success it's not going to stop Blizzard from shitting out half baked expansions and raking in mad money from all the idiots subbing for the expansion release and every "big" patch afterwards.

Play FF14!

You can do the same with current wow.

What's your fucking point? Classic was designed around playing with other players. The elite quests had harder enemies to make to team up with others. Raids needed fucking 40 people.

Current wow is the most anti-social it has been.

MoP was good.

I agree but only because of the raid content and maybe some of the class changes.
Pandas, panda land and the plot etc was all total dogshit.

Classic cannot be monetized out the ass like BFA because it would destroy the game, which says a lot about the current state of live.
The only way classic becomes their main project for the WoW IP is having more than 3-4 million players to out earn the whales keeping BFA from sinking.

>retard speaks

So is Sylvannas finally dead?

Please don't.

Classic will succeed and usher in an endless cycle of time locked servers where they go all the way to wrath of the lich king before the population dies off. Blizzard will shit out 1-3 of these a year until the end of time because people will always want to relive those experiences.

This is exactly what everquest does and it prints money for almost no effort involved after initial development.

what did you expect from zoomers that saw classic on their fav twitch streams?
they doesn't even know what ever quest is

No negativity in the dojo, guys!

I haven't played since Legion but isn't this the biggest WoW patch ever? I remember when Argus came out and it took me a couple of days to complete the quests until I got rep blocked. Is it really this bad?

Apparently the chinese hackers/botters used the unlimited fps cap to go to 200+ fps which caused physic bugs which let them speed hack, fly and go through walls. Still unsure about this.

You know as well as we what will ensue should these insatiable creatures be allowed to roam free.
That their very existence threatens the life of this star.

Attached: varis.png (500x485, 267K)

So is the patch really that bad? Did they fix feral?

Attached: IMG_20190625_072229.jpg (417x417, 49K)

Attached: runescaped2.jpg (416x142, 12K)

Nee cinematic
Prepare for a battle for Thunder Buff as well as abandoning faction in the future
HYPE

the only bad part of cata was adding worgen and the final raid set, especially deathwings fight itself.
Stabbing doom dragon toesies was unforgivably bad for a lot of players and made you wonder just what the fuck blizzard was doing with your money(besides paying koreans to make all their assets).
That said everything else was great

>shitting on runescape
better than any of their korean f2p shitfests

Lmao, 8.2 isn't even a contender for being a worthwhile patch.

I forgot that nostalgia fags were mad the old world got redesigned but the reality is literally nobody did any of those old world quests or content and everything was trivialized by endless powercreep not to mention every jiggaboo having a set of pity heirlooms gifted to them by blizzard.

>i wish i could change it all
YOU
FUCKING
GREEN
NIGGER

The funny thing about FFXIV isn't even that it's a WoW clone with a FF skin, is that it's a nu-WoW clone with a FF skin. Like 99% of the shit nu-WoW has that made people hate the game (except titanforging and AP grind, that is), all of that shit FFXIV is to blame for as well. Shitty you're the Chosen One storyline? Check. Antisocial solo play without you ever having to befriend another human being? Check. Class homogenization and ability pruning through the expansions? Check. Dungeon finder and raid finder that allow you to do like 99% of the content the game has to offer with complete strangers you will never meet again, meaning you don't have to befriend anyone or socialize at all? Check. Ridiculously small raid sizes, you do all endgame content with only seven other people? Check. (Note: FFXIV also has 24 man raids, but those are ridiculously easy and made to reward welfare gear as a catchup mechanic.) Timegating limiting you to doing a few things a week to progress your character (weekly caps)? Check. Ability to move freely through servers, meaning no real server identity? Check. Content drought to the point where the lead developer literally tells fans to only sub for like a month every year? Check. The ability to freely respec between roles, meaning there is no real specialization in the game as you can change literally whenever you want? Check. It's truly hilarious to see so many people act as if FFXIV is some kind of a savior of the MMO genre when it's literally just fucking MoP era WoW with a FF skin.

smartest person in the thread

Attached: anus.jpg (600x311, 32K)

I can't wait how poorly Blizzard deals with the night elf situation. "Hahhah oh well the enemy faction genocided most of your race but we're fighting a common enemy, this time for real, so it's all water under the bridge now :) PS. a literal who dying and a shitty warfront was your revenge."

It's just weebs and scorned nu-wow players. XIV is just as shitty as nu-wow and the mmo genre will remain dead unless classic causes a revival.

Exactly. It's a console port. The launcher they're using for it is also 10 years old. I think the player base is more of a "see no evil hear no evil" type. People are scared to trash talk in this game which says enough.

>Timegating limiting you to doing a few things a week to progress your character (weekly caps)?
>Why is this game so much like WoW? I only care about vertical progression btw

Its a FFXI clone you brainlet.

Yes
No

>but I can collect costumes for my erp sessions!
Yes but what about people who aren't transgender?

FFXI and FFXIV are way further apart than FFXIV and wow.
It shares almost nothing with 11 outside the class names.
FFXI is much closer to everquest.

WoW was a mistake.
Fuck retailcucks
Fuck classic niggers
Give me a proper singleplayer Warcraft RPG

Attached: 1547351486155.gif (350x280, 2.59M)

>Classic

Attached: kekd3.png (191x200, 62K)

>patch is so bad even the biggest retail cuck say they want classic now

What is wrong with Blizzard?

Attached: 1551390032917.gif (112x112, 12K)

wow is an everquest clone you literal fucking yokel

1.0 was literally XI with better graphics. But theres no market for a modern XI type of game so it failed, then they tried to make the game more active and fluid by copying wow in ARR yet somehow i think XIV is way closer to xi than wow.

patch is a failure

6 months minimum for 8.3

a year for next xpac if they care to

>blizzard ever making a singleplayer game again

Attached: 1560808124215.png (624x642, 378K)

The difference being that XIV was destined around themepark from the start instead of having it awkwardly and arbitrarily crammed in. Half of the reason XIV has such solid player retention is because its content release schedule is very steady and you know roughly what you're going to be getting in each patch and when it will be, there's no having to suddenly do weird meme shit or daily rep grinds to be able to raid. That, and every odd patch being a catchup patch so even if you don't have god tier gear or put a lot of time into tomes you can still do all the raids.

>a year for next xpac if they care to

honestly if classic is a success the suits will say they don't need a new xpac or they don't put in any effort.

The only way you could put this sentence out is if you are a literal retard or have never played both games.
The core gameplay mechanics of both games is very different.
It was nothing like XI. If it was like XI it wouldn't have crashed and burned when ever XI player fucking hated it for not being anything like XI. It was a radical attempt to not make a wow clone though I will give them credit for originality even if the ideas were fucking terrible.

You don't want another SP game after what happen with SC2 dude, trust me. They need to get rid of all their writers first.

>Haven't played since 2nd month of BFA
>My friends and Mythic guild acquaintances who are still getting cutting edge are barely online
>Keep looking at my Bnet friends list to see how active they are and how hype the patch is
>Barely any of them are playing for long hours even at late night peak time

I didn't believe these threads but something weird is going on. Every major patch people in my guild no-lifed the content.

Honestly it's true, they finally fix the game and make it actually good and fun in the last content patch of the expansion and they they fucking ruin it again right at the start of the next expansion. Why?

excuse me is this the shadowbringers thread

Warcraft Reforged.
With an ability to port your WoW character and use it as a hero!

Attached: Simpsons_monkey_paw-300x225.jpg (300x225, 17K)

I’m still infuriated about how they took all 3 Warlock specs which were designed perfectly and absolutely decimated them in WoD after MoP perfected them. Doing the green fire quest at the minimum ilvl is my favorite memory of that game.

>6 months
Optimistic. 9-12 months.

>you know roughly what you're going to be getting in each patch and when it will be
this
not allowing the voice of the playerbase to actually affect the game beyond minor details turns out to be a godsend for an mmo because shockingly enough the average player is a retard

Attached: 1561460013813.png (857x873, 161K)

Even if classic can make 10x as many subs than retail it's still way not enough for blizzard to make up for the whale money they get from retail

>wow
>not designed to be a theme park
Games like SWG is a sandbox. WoW has always been a theme park. The problem is that now everything is so sterile that something like vanilla is considered a sandbox because you can actually go out into the world and do things.

>did all quests in nazjatar
>all quests in mechagon
>now its back to waiting for dailys and world quest
epic patch. cant wait to farm 200 stupid coins to buy the new seahorse recolor mount

>we got this instead of muscle girl vrykul

yikes

It would be incredibly easy to fix wow and turn it back into a real game, I think they make it bad on purpose

>That image

Blizzard literally doesn't care about what players think. Blizzard is right, the players are wrong, and they will never admit their failures.

your pic related are the arguments people use to lure new players to ffx14? yikes

>>cleared content in 3 hours except the raid

Thats FFXIV patch tier

They don't listen to Streamers, Youtubers or forums posts. They only listen to their internal database of hours played based on demographics. So the massive amount of "fresh" players who are playing 6-10 hours a day with their friends are the one they're adapting the game to. Those people don't post on forums or watch Streamers/Youtubers. They just keep playing and spend money.

Seriously this. Both are shit. Only thing XIV has over wow is music.

>8-man """"raids""""
mmos are unsalvageable at this point, just nuke the genre

so are we all in agreement Realm of the Mad God is still best MMO?

Oh, we know he'll notice, that's the whole point

Wow used to have kino music but that stopped with WoD

>vanilla
Big doubt.
It's releasing right in the middle of patches 5.0 and 5.1.
This will probably make a bunch of people give vanilla a try, but also it's enough time for most people to either quit or hit 60 and get geared, and be free to go play next big patch.

Not since the atrocious pet system no.

>Only thing XIV has over wow is music.

The classic ost was and is awesome. Some nice songs paired with ambient sound is always the best soundtrack.

XIV ist just ear bleeding 1 min loop.

the group and class design of 14 is one of its worst offenses.

CHICKEN
TENDERS
READY
TO
FRY

Attached: ffxinever.png (800x2274, 2.63M)

>lure
Fuck no, we call them WoWfugees for a reason.

>at least I can play FFXIV expansion is peace now.
Please don't, go the fuck away, we don't want you here.

they should make waifus and pathetic beta males will play it again

Attached: 1528635254032.png (480x433, 171K)

>All loudest turbo shitters left wow for XIV
>They meld with trannies for ultimate aids players
Enjoy them, they are your problem now!

>People still willingly fund Blizzard so that they can continue to disappoint people

Attached: 1460498465477.png (174x189, 83K)

>implying nu-blizzard is competent enough to make a MMO that'd last more than 6 months
This company is fucking done, just look at them shamelessly turning to the chink mobile market. Fuck them.

Gonna be honest it's really weird seeing like 90% of Yea Forums agreeing on something RIP old Blizzard :^(

OH MY GOD LOOK AT THIS. LOOK AT ALL THESE PEOPLE FOLLOWING ME AROUND THIS IS INSANE. GIMME A SEC LET ME READ FEW DONATIONS OH MY GOD THANKS LILZOOM FOR 50 DOLLAR DONATION THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I APPRECIATE IT BRO

>8 man raiding bad
>10 man raiding good

At this point it's just too far gone bro.

>thing since Wrath (2008), maybe even since TBC (2006)

Holy shit it's been over ten years since I gave up this game. It's still a beautiful game in my memory, I had to stop right when TBC came out.

Xiv i shit has everything else, let me play Wildstar again or fuck off

Attached: 590.jpg (640x640, 33K)

>FF14 is now the biggest sub based MMO

This isn't true at all

NU-wow is a theme park with only 1 island and 1 rollercoaster and every time they get a new rollercoaster they destroy the last one and every time they open a new island they block the entrance of the old one.

Classic is Disneyland.

Oops

Is there any PC gamers who like FF14 over WoW? it seems very much FF14 fans are people who only have a PS4 & it might explain their hatred at WoW, which is honestly unnecessary because WoW fans already hate WoW

>This isn't true at all

You can't prove that.

Attached: truemmoexperience.jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

It is according to claims by devs.
Do you have any counterargument?

Im going to buy the character rights for Greymane if Blizzard dies one day.

I will do that before you.
Back off

This is correct.

guys! fuck blizzard!

do I fit in yet?

why do young people these days not understand the burden of proof lies on them if they make a statement?

We don't know which game has more subs at the moment

>pvp in nuWoW is utter shit
>"pvp" in ffxiv is just as bad somehow
I remember when classes weren't retarded and played different. How I liked wPvP, BGs and arena. Remember when you had to meet a certain arena rating to buy shit? I remember being so fucking happy when I got to 1850 and could finally exchange my welfare Khara weapon for a PvP one.
Now in all MMOs it's all just everyone gets the same rewards so none feels left out :^). What a bore.

Attached: 4382641.png (334x278, 141K)

I'm not paying $50 an expac for that garbage.

>reddit spacing

Meh arenas shouldn't even be a thing in a MMO

NuWow is a husk. Vanilla was a fucking job. Any human being that functions normally in society probably won't even see all the end game content in vanilla.

What happened to the 77 day cycle from Legion? It had much more content as well.

I could definitely do without. But it was fun too back then.

Hey nice blog buddy, but vanilla is better for casuals.

Simply cause you don't get what you want when you want it , it doesn't mean the game is a job. You can reach level 60 in 2 months and nothing will change about having a great experience.

I feel like we live in topsy turvy world now.

Wow is dead. Final fantasy is now the top dog. Destiny 2 is playable now and is back on steam.

>To the people defending Blizzard's steaming pile of shit that is BfA in this thread
Niggers
>To the people telling them that XIV is so much better and to play that
Shut the fuck up, you'll attract WoW niggers
>To the Homefags
Best of luck to you fuckers when Classic launches

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Tranny calling other people niggers
Both XIV and WoW players belong in an oven.

WoW still makes more money than FFXIV by a mile

>Any human being that functions normally in society probably won't even see all the end game content in vanilla.
And it'd still be a great experience honestly.
Cheers bro.

Attached: 016510606.jpg (795x595, 81K)

Have sex

>he doesn't know about Fantas
Pffff, sure user.

I don't remember it being fun grinding out 50-60 on mobs alone because they didnt add enough leveling quests. Or how about raid loot? Good luck getting half a raid tier before the next expansion. Nostalgia is nice, but it's a novelty at best. You'll realize how much of a slog vanilla was after the first month.

>cleared in a day

I too like lying blantely about wow just to shitpost.

She's always dead

Looking back at every other x,2 of any past expac, I ask. What does 8.2 bring? A new raid? is that honestly all? I know there is a little bit more to it but in past expac, you'd have tons of shit to keep you busy. 7.2 anyone?

Where on Azeroth is Sylvanas Windrunner?!

The classes are still not fixed, I wasn't able to find a single good spec to play

Fuck wow, fuck blizzard, and fuck the janny

Blizz said that the major focus after 8.2 will be on Anduin and Sylvanas.

They should be side activity, not a main pvp focus.

She's going to die off screen or in a cinematic.

This. It's the only way to play WoW.

Attached: 1560905370447.jpg (800x800, 139K)

God the new pokemon looks like fucking ass.

What if I already played on a private server and enjoyed it?

>feral
Just play resto with feral affinity and thank me later. Don't forget the 25% extra damage pvp talent.

who cares

The only good way to play wow is not to play though

She kind of forgot to continue waging her genocidal war she previously wanted to escalate at all cost. Very unfortunate.

I will officially marry Genn.

Blizzard is fucking dead. Best case scenario is them going full mobile so we can finally close the coffin. The franchises are fucked either ways, so not worth selling off.

Attached: 64227272_10219277378149428_8095818022142345216_o.jpg (1242x1247, 80K)

t. PvE shitters who can only beat things designed to lose

No.
He is officially married already and I will protect him from the likes of you.

I just want that so bad.Actual game that doesnt fuck the lore for their new expansion.

Attached: 1532278555478.jpg (511x534, 97K)

Cleared Daz'aralor heroic and dropped sub. Coming back for the 2 boss raid seemed like a rip-off, was it any good?

Probably won't bother subbing until classic launches. 8.2 raid will be on farm by then so I can quietly slip into raiding discords and blow through the content whenever my levelling classic characters don't have rested xp.

In retail you don't even need to have good rapport with a guild anymore, you can just blend in and act like you've been there the whole time.

Attached: b17maartent1315.jpg (1280x960, 595K)

hey nice blog

t. fotm reroller barely a duelist every season scrub which is too dumb to not stand in fire

Nice selfie dude

nexon was a fucking mistake

Arena is bad because it's small scale PvP and in an RPG with 8+ classes it's literally impossible to balance it without homogenizing the fuck out of classes. PvP can work in an MMORPG, but not as 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or even 5v5, but as larger scale 10v10 or more, objectives based activity, that is to say, battlegrounds.

I honestly don't think anyone plays MMO's because they enjoy the gameplay.

It's all about doing your shopping list of getting items, filling bars and "achieving" something.

Why is Jaina loving Orc cock so much?

Attached: I'm listening now, father.jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

tbf it died years ago. We just didn't fully notice the stink until now.

Why do boomers refuse to see trends? WoW's subs cut in half to 1.7m after BfA launched and they were still hemorrhaging. This much is CONFIRMED. Meanwhile XIV just broke 1 mil and is still growing at an exponential rate. Basic fucking logic tells us that if XIV hasn't already passed it that it will soon.

why is she wearing plate gaunlets

You weren't paying for that.

I enjoy mythics. The time requirement demands good cooperation and mastery from all players.

8.2 will have never "saved" WoW and quite frankly I think its amazing that the devs really do have a sheer lack of insight as to how to make their game better/more fun.

Why do people like Classic? Because its social and it has progression. BFA lacks all these things. You have characters which are quite literally Gods in the lore, they have weapons stronger than anything any mob can ever drop and they've managed to take out the MMO aspect of their MMORPG.

Mob tagging is gone, so no need to party up. Ancient and God weapons means you can solo any content. Any content you can't solo you can just push 1 button to find a group you have connection to. There is no need to manage mana, rage, or energy really because you will never run out of it. They've taken out over half the skills in the entire game and allowed players to roll through on max level characters with literally 1 skill bar.

And don't even get me started about the fucking Garrison system. You can play WoW from level 1-120 and never see another character or talk to one for the entire time. The devs have promoted a playstyle which encourages solo grinding and exploration with no benefit to social play.

That is how you fail as an MMO dev and no amount of "8.2 redemption" will fix that.

What did they even announce for 8.2 that everyone is so fucking hyped about? Flying mounts? Oh boy, can't wait to destroy what little world PvP was left in that shitty expac. A knock-off of Engineering? Oh boy, can't wait to make the BAWLD-812 or whatever the fuck it is. Mount water-walking? Really.

The players eat this shit up and its amazing how much you all let Blizz shit in your mouth.

Also - do none of you think its weird that Blizz announces a STRESS TEST in Classic WoW that you need to RESUB for, literally the week before the new BFA patch drops? Its so obvious what they're doing. Now they're going to force you idiots to play for a month against your will because you're already subbed.

Attached: 1208724324993.jpg (580x513, 162K)

With how forgiving the catch up mechanics are, anyone who stays subbed throughout an entire expansion cycle is wasting their money 99% of the time unless they reaaallly enjoy repeating the same content over and over again.

no u

Because Blizzard knows that the best way to advertise their game is porn (drawn porn, not porn that uses their in-game models, fuck off Rexxcraft), and that Jaina taking the BGOC (Big Green Orc Cock) is the best way to inspire porn and therefore advertise their MMO.

>everyone who has ever had a FFXIV account is given a free week of gametime
>guys what a coincidence we just broke 1m players
lol

At least we both can agree that Genn is perfect lol

>want to play wow and MMOs In general
>Feels like a job or something I have to do rather than something I wanted to do
I thought about resubbing but I remember repeating the same hour long dungeon over and over hoping for a decent weapon drop and it takes about 15 hours to get it before I could do what I wanted to do.

No thanks

The census only counted active players at MAX level you fucking dipshit.

Retard

>We don't know which game has more subs at the moment

Attached: 1561138783487.jpg (2106x780, 424K)

based

This. Worked for Overwatch. The problem comes when Viera are infinitely more fuckable than anything in WoW.

Attached: 1561193299945.png (1816x3000, 2.18M)

>1m players
>growing exponential

my man 1m subs is nothing, vanilla wow had like 5m in 2005

>Game releases patch just before competitor drops an entire expansion
>Patch has almost no content and is somewhat buggy and obviously rushed
>Gives everyone free subs
>Cuts price of game in half
>Still on life support and hemorrhaging players
This is pathetic.

no it didn't, the 1mil figure includes all """active""" characters, the max level people are ~700k, look at the fucking graph again
also ffxiv is like wow, a game the majority of the people sub for once a year to catch up with storyline and then quit until the story catches up again, and this is something yoship literally encourages people to do, obviously someone who quit three weeks into stormblood is going to use the free days to catch up

>still playing retail past WoD

That's a yikers from me

young people can't understand stats either, WoW is US only

ACTIVE MAX LEVEL subs. Not total subs retard.

Also WoW last clocked in at 1.7m and dropping like a rock.

How would that make the game more fun? That doesn't make any sense.

It was 1m players, max level is 700k world wide

>Mob tagging is gone, so no need to party up
And if you party up in classic the mobs you partied up for disappear. Amazing!
youtube.com/watch?v=rrnw7XuGTJQ

>534k characters reached patch 4.1 content
lol just lol

WoW's sub numbers are artificially inflated by China, though. LuckyBancho's XIV numbers don't count Korea or China numbers, since the data for those versions isn't publicly accessible and they're not managed by the same team.

Felt the first sting to the downfall of Warcraft when they allowed players to ride fucking dragons. Even the netherdrakes. Shouldn't have happened, they completely castrated and took away the dragons power from WoW that day.

Attached: 1560112232783.png (500x272, 109K)

The game is dying because the game itself isn't fun. They design content for the sake of forcing you into sitting around, waiting for it to unlock so you can do it. The content on its own merits is not any fun; you don't actively enjoy doing it, you do it to cross it off your errands list. This is most evident when players commonly scramble for podcasts (or whatever) to listen to while playing. You are trying to entertain yourself so the mind-numbing game"""play""" doesn't make you want to kill yourself out of boredom. Real video games do not need actual entertainment to make them tolerable.

Why is the game intolerable? Because playing your class feels simultaneously too simple and too complicated. The big item upgrades include shit like "17% chance to stack ancillary stat 9 times for thirty seconds if you cast ability", yet your actual rotation is still three buttons of unexciting nothing. Actual skill doesn't mean anything, the OCD-inspiring gear I mentioned is mandatory to do any of the game's higher echelon of content. The game looks like it was designed by a scheming lawyer, more interested in crunching numbers & drawing up spreadsheets than entertaining anybody, and that's because it fucking is.

tl;dr when your REAL competition read: not another fucking boring MMO, fuck of Final Transexuality fanboys allows you to drop out of an airplane, scavenge for guns and hone your twitch shooting and open world skills, and all you offer is spreadsheet faggotry whose design has only gotten worse in the passage of 2 decades, of course your game will die.

Attached: 1542034012673.jpg (294x348, 14K)

You have FFXIV's US subs right there to compare with sweetcheeks

Surely it's just a coincidence that they dropped a """"big"""" patch less than a week from XIV dropping an expansion.

quick survey for you mmo players

>Would you guys pay for unlockable races?
y/n?

China's has had the traditional sub model everyone else uses only since like MoP/WoD days

netherdrakes are retarded mutant bastard children of deathwing, being able to ride them after doing a massive quest chain/grind or getting gladiator is fine
it was in wotlk when they went full retard
>hit exalted with wyrmrest? heres your red drake lol

Probably just ten people working on it and the rest are rushing the next expansion since the current one failed.
Activision will shut this game down very soon.

But were they accounted for in that "100 million total, 12 million active subs" number that people like throwing around?

282k > 224k?
also wow is by far the most alive in EU, NA is dead

>Would you guys pay for unlockable races?
Haha.

Its not like players have a choice in that matter

Attached: Pigdealer.jpg (243x208, 8K)

Out of curiosity how much content did you except from a patch? Are you pretending that grind isn't a huge part of a MMO?

He means that CN/KR characters aren't counted in census Lodestone scrapes because their versions aren't on the Lodestone and are significantly different from the "main" version that's available in NA, EU, and JP.

I can't even bother to do the shitty rep grind.
If I can't get it from playing normally it's not worth it.

he said wow numbers are artifically inflated by china
i replied that they are not because these days chinese pay monthly sub fee just like everyone else

also the leaked 1.7m number only included eu and na, no other region

they're artificially inflated by china because the chinese aren't people

GRIND FOR DUNGEONS
GRIND SO I CAN ENTER IT
GRIND FOR GEAR

THAT'S WHAT MMO SHOULD BE

How many level 120 character does one person have on average? 3? 5? FFXIV players rarely have alts since you can do everything on one character so that number is pretty indicative of the number of subscribers unlike wow's

Dios mio...

FFXIV is even worse, I quit after 30 minute into the game.

FFXIV has pretty much eclipsed WoW in every aspect aside from PvP at this point

Attached: Pepsi.gif (320x240, 1.62M)

Why people think blizzard fail because XIV, blizzard fuck himself

Also I looked up the EU numbers on the same site, they look very comparable to US. Meaning that the game is equally dead in each region. Even if we assume each subscriber only has 2 120s on average FFXIV has twice the subscribers in both regions

Attached: eurowow.png (1448x201, 16K)

Are you talking about rated BGs? That's a thing you know.

>He honestly thinks that FF14 has better raids and dungeons then WoW

Also FF requieres actuall subscription while huge portion of WoW playerbase pays with tokens.

WoW raids literally play themselves.

>3 second GCD

WoW's GCD is longer than XIV's at this point considering shit like GL4 and Huton exist.

Attached: explaining a8s.jpg (1796x1347, 768K)

only 13 alliance guides beat mythic COS, FFXIV is designed for a controller, so the raids/dungeons are always going to be brain dead

That's pretty basic compared to high end WoW bosses, im wondering if FFXIV players even played WoW?

>he hasn't played ultimate trials yet

>my game is so dead nobody bothers to play it
>it is therefore harder because nobody has cleared it
Dude the final boss of 8.2 is a literal copy paste of Argath in FFXIV (LFR boss) with LESS mechanics

only a handful pay with tokens, basically the people who got rich during WOD

Wow it's almost as if actiblizzard is run and is corrupted by out of touch west cuck libtard developers/businessmen

Attached: BLIZZCUCKS BTFO.png (1901x2506, 376K)

>nice blog
>responds with more words

Attached: Snake.jpg (1200x675, 49K)

Yah, if you're talking about LFR which gives world quest reward tier gear.

it's because COS was poorly balanced, Horde guilds were more willing to stack warlocks to win, alliance not so much

I heard about Azshara and didn't really believe it so I looked up the stuff myself and yeah it really fucking is.
>big meme energy orb mechanic
>literally just Argath's False/True God

Attached: 1509306784153.jpg (714x493, 61K)

yoshi p said he wants to put transgender option in the game

also why do you believe that leak?

any time I see a wowfugee in a dungeon I know that he's gonna die 5 times on every boss, stay in your own goddamn game

>source: my ass

>Here is when to play wow
>1. First month after expansion release
>2. One month 1-2 months after last patch releases

Based, I thought I was the only one who did this.

The best parts of WoW are right after an expansion launches and seeing new zones for the first time and right before an expansion is about to launch and people are excited for the upcoming one and it's easy to get welfare epics.

Attached: blackmario.jpg (294x246, 11K)

>increasing your framerate causes huge bugs like that

Jesus fuck what kind of spaghetti code are they running?

XIV also doesn't have DBM keeping track of everything and basically doing the thinking for you.

What about Battle of Dazar'alor?

>But now FFXIV has more polish and actually releases content at a pretty decent rate with a lot to do in game outside of raiding.

Sell me on FFXIV. I played for maybe a month after a Realm Reborn launched but didn't like it too much. Why should I try it again in 2019?

Attached: mary-ann.jpg (1742x818, 103K)

It's more common then you think, that high framerate can fuck up a game

To be fair people do use ACT triggers but they're a lot more limited than DBM or Weakauras

Also 14 has 8 man hard content, so its much easier to find a competent team if you look for it.

dios....... el goblino no culo

FFXIV fags have some nerve to call WoW the rip off

Yoshi P is a cool dude im not gonna lie, but ARR was remaking the game into WoW

God tier lore.
Best story in an MMO.
God tier style/aesthetics.
Music done by Uematsu's successor, the king of all Yea Forumsidya music threads since Heavensward.
Lots of gameplay variety.
Pretty okay community.
fantastic roleplay

Attached: 1558415294655.jpg (784x980, 460K)

You shouldn't. Don't listen to the FFXIV shills. They'll try to get you into the game and then tell you "it gets better" at 50, and then at 60, and then at 70, and then at 80 all the while telling you the MSQ "definitely gets better" so you just have to "slog through the bad parts", but they don't tell you that the "bad part" is over 100 quests long. The only reason FFXIV is "popular" right now is because BFA shit the bed. Go play anything else, just don't waste your time on FFXIV.

Yeah and WoWniggers have been ripping shit from XIV ever since XIV blew up. Legion's Artifacts are a direct copypaste of XIV's Relics.

3 games worth of story, the first 50 levels suck complete ass but the content and story ramp up to be comparable to even an actual RPG. If you're a fan of FF, then you'll find an incredible amount of lore and content that pays respect to the sources, big player base to do content with.
Honestly if you arent a somewhat fan of FF i wouldnt recommend it, the amount of love theyve put in is staggering.
>Wow has been copying FF content since two expansions ago.
Too bad, Faker.

Attached: 1555036754270.png (700x700, 503K)

If ffxiv is the same as wow, why is wow dying and ffxiv isn't?

Attached: bigthink.png (225x225, 4K)

Attached: 1560062754192 (1).png (800x500, 816K)

And the sad thing is, even if they did everything to make things right again it'd still flop because near the near-entirety of nu-WoW players got so used to that easy mode convenience overdose they'd throw a giant unrelenting tantrum like they did with early Cata dungeons.

WoW is 15 year old friend

>ESO is still alive at the moment
Has no content though.

The only things that really keeps me from playing XIV is the awful, awful network. Even with perfect ping everything feels delayed and weightless in this game while it feels good to just move around in WoW.
But yea everything aside from that and PvP (which isn't much better in wow at this point btw) is neat in my opinion as far a themepark MMO can go.

Artifacts are honestly just bringing back to the skill tree to WoW

FFXI is older than wow and does a better job at keeping their playerbase entertained

To be entirely fair XI is an entirely different game than WoW and they're almost nothing alike.

Attached: ubwfake.jpg (1242x699, 88K)

>Honestly if you arent a somewhat fan of FF i wouldnt recommend it, the amount of love theyve put in is staggering.
XIV actually turned me into a bit of a FF fan. The various references got me to play FFIII, FFXII and the tactics games, and now I'm in the middle of FFVIII. I'd never have touched those games were it not for XIV.

Attached: 1548799499019.png (924x1024, 822K)

So you're saying it depends on the quality of the game not how old it is, gotcha

they lost their way.

That's because nearly all Alliance raiding guilds went over to the Horde they have better racials for raiding. It's much easier to recruit new (and good) raiders if you're horde. This damage can't be undone.

too bad xiv hasn't surpassed wow, hell xiv had less players than nostalrius at one point

>imagine getting cucked by a tranny infested mmo
>imagine beeing blizzard in 2k17+2
>imagine paying blizzard 13 bucks a month to play a shitty casino game with no content

Attached: 1533593548626.png (225x225, 14K)

This. The fake has more value than the real thing in it's attempt to become the real one.

t.arararagi

>FFXIV will quickly eclipse it when the expac drops
nope
>be new player
>combat is really fucking slow but I got the +40% exp boost earring so its whatever.
>hit level 20
>realize theres mainstory quests
>spend 3 hours doing them
>fuck it should be done soon
>look up how many there are online
>quit
The expac is gonna be timeblocked for new players. All my friends quit FFXIV because of the MSQs.

Nostalrius was also F2P.

Why won't FFXIVggots just fuck off from a WOW thread?

>Aufrufe vor 5 Tagen
>using . instead of ,
kys faggot

>>realize theres mainstory quests
You're retarded. I'm glad you're gone.

seething

>be XIV newfag
>try doing MSQ
>quit at level 30 because its always the same killfetchtalk + waking sands tip shit
>quit
or
>buy boost to level 50
>drop in the middle of a story you're not invested in with a character you haven't spent enough time with to care about
>quit
I love this game but it's hard to recommend it to people.

So much this. The story quests were boring and voice acting sucked. I'm not going to spend over 10+ hours grinding that to unlock the expac...

Every reasonable FFXIV player knows the levelling process is dogshit and a decent chunk of that is the dogshit that is the MSQ.

I fucking love the MSQ and I dread when they finally get around to trimming it in ShB. It's the biggest ADDlilzoom deterrent there is. Stay out

>>fuck it should be done soon
You dumbass, the MSQ IS the content. Raidtrannies who rush to "endgame" just for the epic weekly simon says and parse runs are the scourge of the playerbase. The MSQ exists to filter as many of you out as possible.

Attached: 1541192635038.jpg (415x419, 44K)

More like "If you plan to survive here instead of your playground you'll need to prepare to acknowledge these things." People think XIV is just Asian WoW but you have a lot less control in it.

You're right, but when there's a massive fucking panel on the top left of your screen that you somehow miss for 20 levels, then you're fucking retarded.

>no it didn't, the 1mil figure includes all """active""" characters

Cite your sources.

How the fuck do you hit level 20 without doing any of the MSQ?

>MSQ is the content
no wonder FF XIV was always a sloppy second to WoW. MSQ sucks and the story is on the same shit level of WoW.

Do you just not care for an MMO's story at all? Lore is important in these types of games.

>the MSQ IS the content
So you're saying FFXIV is terrible? Interesting..

Why do you think FFXIV players want wow to become good again? Because wowfugees are beyond retarded and shit up every piece of content they come close to

Is the GDC removed after lvl 35?

>drop in the middle of a story you're not invested in with a character you haven't spent enough time with to care about
I personally say get the level boost so then you have 0 road blocks until levels matter again. Your basic gear given by the jump potion outclasses everything up until you reach content equal to said levels.

That way you can breeze through ARR and get to the good shit, aka the end of ARR onwards, and not miss a beat.

Attached: 1560704827237.jpg (1169x826, 84K)

LuckyBancho's Lodestone scrape only catches players level 36 and above (excluding trial players where the cap is at 35) and only those whose Lodestone page has been updated in the past ~3 months (meaning they've been active enough to modify a piece of gear or move between zones, not just AFK). This is all stated explicitly on their site but it's in jap.

Honestly, I've completely skipped through MSQs, I just put on a podcast and grind through them. Everytime I return to the game new stuff is locked behind it. Even when I put in a decent amount of time (skipping every cutscene) I still catch myself asking how much time I've spent doing this shit.
Also
>buy boost to 50
buying a boost is always a cop out move, nearly guarentees no fun since you didn't learn as you levelled, and exposes how shitty the levelling is.

FF XIV is a worse WoW.

>worse graphic
>worse combat
>worse social interaction as no one talks EVER and cities are empty af
>instanced zones made in the worst way yikes
>story is good for 8 years olds maybe
>animations, dialouges etc worse than WoW

its done, FFXIV is fucking shit.

Bros why blizzard keeps jobbing like this

Attached: blizzard.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

The amount of people you imagine wanting to pay to skip entire games isn't as much as you think. Plus it helps filter out people.

WoWfags just want to grind shitty mobs in the open world until level cap and then raid for 12 hours a day

>not the first post from this IP

>and the story is on the same shit level of WoW
Have you played WoW recently? I'm not saying that either are astronomically good but at the very least XIV never devolves into literal fanfiction-tier horse shit. XIV's writing is serviceable and generic at worst, WoW's writing is downright embarrassing.

I bought a level boost and story boost, managed to level to 40 though first try and I have to say FFXIV is fucking shit, the only reason I bought shadowbringers is because Yea Forums hyped it up, but I know I'm up to a massive dissapointment.

wow doesn't have any lore in game, they put all of it in books and sell them separately. wowbabs are not used to cutscenes/story because there is none in their game so it scares them

So they'll love Eureka then.

esl fuck

>XIVfags raid and ruin all wow threads which are already difficult to maintain during this culture war shit
>"come play XIV bros!!"
eat shit

Attached: 1554753977656.png (440x359, 114K)

>Zoomer couldnt make it past level 10 because there weren't enough car chases and exploding loot dragons

>All my friends quit FFXIV because of the MSQs
Good, we don't want your kind in our game

*nods at you*

Keep telling yourself that tranny
nips dont care about western political shit

>Play nu-wow
or
>Play literal pedo weebshit

There really is no winning move

>implying we want WoWfugees in our game
fuck off nigger

Attached: 1559006325912.png (240x241, 42K)

spam your 1 spell button with 4 sec gdc. fuck off retard the combat and quests fucking suck even compared to WoW.

>culture war

what's that

>Were innocent and totally dont do the exact same thing!

>managed to level to 40 though first try
>bought a level boost
Who do you think you're foolin'

Attached: 1558543905973.png (872x632, 162K)

Weebs have lower standards than blizzdrones

Nah, that has too much story for them

Yeah god forbid the rotation is simple at low level. Keep in mind theres more skills on each job than almost any other modern MMO by max level. I also find it funny how the GCD seems to get longer everytime its brought it.

I've been actively telling all WoWfags to fuck off every chance I get, I want you troglodytes to stay in your containment game

You seem to misunderstand why we're here.

Attached: lolwow.jpg (500x375, 15K)

come play Classic, brother

Attached: 33397312647.png (960x720, 507K)

>generic fantasy setting with anime cat girls
I'd rather make my own MMO

b8

>wowdrones complain about gcd
>when their game has 6 second cast times
projection at its finest

Attached: pb.png (512x215, 31K)

The single biggest mistake FFXIV made was to give tails to catgirls.
Catgirls ALWAYS look better without tails, that is a proven fact.

Attached: 32417847981.png (559x776, 315K)

you should, chances are that comes out better than wow too

Wrong Char

Attached: 1560359202288.png (901x664, 657K)

not bait, without knowing anything about the lore the xiv races always make me disinterested in playing

Been doing this since Wotlk

Just mod them out. I removed them from Au Ra.

Magnificent.

Attached: 1559013103440.jpg (1443x1410, 1.74M)

>MMOs
>Story
fuck off zoomer.

>rushing to endgame
>not just levelling at your own place in lush locales by interacting with others in FATEs and quests
>poorly acted shitty MSQ is the main content
>not just a timedrain to sucker people into doing it (eating up sub time)
>dungeons, trials and other advances are also behind MSQ.
>filter people out of an MMO
LOL thats a retarded market strategy, filtering people out of your sub-based MMO.
tl;dr
>cope

Attached: 1547087003532.jpg (640x640, 55K)

Well... He has a point.

Attached: 1548974766076.png (2765x2956, 2.72M)

I don't see the connection.

>retarded strategy
>outpacing your game
doesn't add up b0ss

We're not talking money. We're talking playability, child. FFXIV is a much better game, WoW is coasting off of being good back in the WotLK days

>LOL thats a retarded market strategy
Highest amount of players the game has ever had.

Attached: 1560782916968.gif (220x239, 32K)

>removing those plump croc tails
WHY

Because it's real, blizzard is finished.

slow combat

based
its a hard sell for friends
>buy this MMO!
>buy this expac coming out with it!
>And some game time.
>You'll also want the level 50 boost!
Friend would instantly ask
>level boost? p2w?
>buying boost to bypass reason to play (leveling)?
>So many things to buy, what if I don't like it?

WoWfags bitch out XIV for having a long gcd when less than half your spells are on-gcd, meaning you're actually using 2-3 actions in that gcd timer. In the same vein shouldn't XIVfags bitch out WoW for having spells that take more than 5 seconds to cast?
Basically 2.5 gcd is a shit meme

Seems to be working though. Its growing out of control. It only filters out the weakest of zoomers.

>>You'll also want the level 50 boost!
only a retard would recommend it

>Do you just not care for an MMO's story at all?
Not him but I think it's better when a MMO doesn't shoehorn you into an overarching story like nu-WoW does. It should just focus on worldbuilding and lore exclusively and let players make their own stories and adventures.
FFXIV is a bit different because it's built from the ground up with a MSQ in mind so I don't hate it as much but it's still really bothersome in the context of a MMO.

Coming from WoW into FF, it felt good to finally need to have some actual need for more than 1 and maybe another half of one, hotbars for my abilities, and I still haven't even touched reached Stormblood for level 61-70 abilities.

>Basically 2.5 gcd is a shit meme
agreed

>>And some game time.
First month is free, even then ive been recommending the free trial for as long as you could.

Attached: 6AdLsECn.jpg (512x512, 51K)

Honestly why is Yea Forums so obsessed with this MMO war shit

>XIV schadenfreude is the only thing keeping WoW threads alive, including its general
gg

Attached: 213.gif (427x240, 1.95M)

>this is what was described for months as "the patch that will save BFA"

It always amazes me how Blizzard implement changes that should have been in the game years ago. Mount equipment could have been a really cool system to have but they only gave you one slot i think.

in yourt shitty poorly made jap game you literally have to play around your character sliding around the ground casting spells because the shoddy nip netcode is so fucking bad it doesn't detect when you're moving and lets you cast spells that require you to be stationary

The LAST people on the planet who get to talk shit about WoW are the absolute low IQ trannys who are playing an even worse version of it

Attached: D9WF4vJU8AM9DeQ.jpg (792x1200, 113K)

Wow is older than you. And I'm very glad to finally see it die once and for all, especially to a game that is actually good.

>players join just to spite blizzard
>they'll return when classic drops
>coping this hard
Classics coming tranny.

People love to ignore context. That skill can and should be instant cast procced only. Meanwhile, people meme about the 2.5 GCD in XIV but conveniently ignore that nearly every job gets a mechanical that lowers the GCD, adds in off gcd skills between the GCDs or both so overall it ends up with the same APM of WoW.

It's almost like people don't want to make threads that are constantly raided with BTFO BTFO BTFO posts

2.5 gcd is a shit meme but network/engine really isn't. It does often feel slow and sluggish, it becomes really apparent when you try something like NIN with the mudras and I have a good internet speed before you ask.

Attached: 1549957602253.png (669x550, 318K)

It's the same situation as with hots. Game was doing horribly, people wrote about it, shills kept insisting that everything is fine.
In the end, activision shut it down. The same will happen to warcraft.

no shit retard, the content that got released was a shitty zone with a few quests, i honestly don't know what you expected

>Can't even sync markers and the boss cast bars
>xiv players think it's a good thing

>filters out new players
>not trying to keep them on for the subscription
>???
Can't wait till it eventually goes f2p.

You mean like XI went F2P?

What genre should we play?

Attached: CD1A7AC8-0748-457D-AC4E-3DBC1ACB339A.jpg (1024x973, 135K)

>growing at absurd speeds
>going F2P
it's going to last at least as long as WoW did

>He says as the population is skyrocketing instead of falling like WoW

We only filter out the casual shitter scum and the dumbest of normalfags. Works pretty well so far.

literally only growing

>HYPE
Where? All I see are more broken promises by Blizzard.

Guys I was just shitposting you don't have to come up with a good explanation

FFXI has like 5k players

>you can solo dungeons with NPC parties now
what the FUCK

>Reason I aint playing FF15
GCD
>Reason why I quit WoW
GCD even if it's shorter than FF15
GCD is a shit mechanic.

This. New players have trouble avoiding the telegraphs of abilties.
also
>low iq trannys
lol unironically theres so many faggots in XIV its unreal, a lot of the seething cope posted here are by faggots who play as catgirls and have all their classes maxed but suck dick at playing.

That's like twice what wow has currently so they're doing something right

Then go play an action game and not MMO.

Dilate Limsa AFK shitter.

I like how your arguments changed from mechanics to "lol you have more weirdos playing"

lol tranny cope. I gotta save a few of these.

Attached: SNUG.png (280x242, 125K)

cope

Are are you shitposting WoWfags all Cata babbies or some shit? You are aware that WoW was also filtering out casual faggots in it's heyday?

Perfect timing.

When its so apparent I have to acknowledge it.

youtube.com/watch?v=tR1nHnEL3PM

>The thread is now devolving

>less than 1m subs before an expansion
>skyrocketing

lel, even WOD had 10m subs early on

FFXIV has the same problem as modern WoW, they are both single player games & not MMO's, FFXIV's fanbase are mostly console gamers though so they like the single player aspect & so the game appeals to them, modern WoW however is appealing to less & less people, Blizzard are spreading themselves too thin.

based cringeposter

>can't even type right.
>trying to shit on old wow
>filtering
You know even back then it only grew right? Despite how shitty it was, glitch and gameplay wise it only grew in popularity.

>Decide to put more abilities on the GCD
>No one fucking asked for that and hates it
>Still went through with it
Add on top of the fact that Classes are so fucking pruned and shit, who the fuck thought this was okay. I already quit before I heard they did this, but this shit is stupid. I doubt there's any hope in making classes good

based.
Most of these posts are cringe trannies. (not based)

>wowshitters do the exact same thing in ff14 threads
>woooooooow leave us alone!!!!

WoD didnt. Also yes everyone is aware of early WoW's sub count. It came out at the perfect time and was actually a good game through Wrath. Were talking about modern WoW now and the expectations players have of the genre when they now have access to mobas, BR games, etc.

>Failure
Nope, Asmongold likes it.

youtu.be/JmmCBkuaGPc

Not him but look at GW2
Their big patches have more content in them than most entire expansions

>global 11

>WoD didnt
but it literally did. WoD spiked to over 10m at launch. Shadowniggers has basically 0 hype behind it.

>not even 2 hours of content

OSRS basically killed the RS3 playerbase, but jagex puts more resources towards rs3 because they make more money off the whales with micro transactions than the extra osrs subs.
Even if classic is a massive success, wow will still be alive so that streamers can convince kids to buy mounts with mom’s credit card.

>Try XIV during some free to play shit
>Hit level 12 and tell my friends it just plays like ass
>It'll get better later, trust us!
>Quit

>blizzcon
youtu.be/MmkHAlhCvWg

>ffxiv fanfest
youtu.be/wosMXEWlWgE

Attached: rh7y1btm1as11.jpg (487x582, 34K)

The early game honestly sucks and it drives alot of people away. Its a damn shame that classes only get interesting after like level 40 or so. Square would benefit alot of introducing abilities much earlier on.

I don't think hardcore WoW players can ever get into FFXIV. They are used to instant grinding/leveling with flavor (optional quests for lore) on the side. FFXIV is like a normal RPG game where the story is high priority and online elements are added to the side.

>Hero slaying AAA blight
>tranny cosplayers dialating
hmm

>Square would benefit alot of introducing abilities much earlier on.
You know they're doing that with ShB right? Most jobs get AoE way earlier.

I wouldn't even play it again because then I'd have to pay for it. Anyone who pays subscriptions fees for a game after buying it should be shot.

Exactly.
The long GCD and flashy animations are there for ADD retards, the netcode makes it hard to properly tell where you are and if you avoided an ability. Its so fucking slow its like it doesn't want new players.

>FFXIV is like a normal RPG game where the story is high priority and online elements are added to the side.
>for an MMO
Sounds a lot like TORtanic.
Doesn't help that FFXIV pvp is fucking neutered to shit so you can't escape how boring pve is.

Well luckily user, the free to play period is indefinite. Theres just a level cap around 35.

Commies vs liberals.

>WoWfugee actually literally in the process of getting filtered before our very eyes
I love this thread.

Maybe if people knew they can give PotD a few runs to see how more fleshed out Jobs will be at a higher level. I wanted to start as a SMN but it was so boring early on that I went NIN. Wasn't until I gave it a few runs in the PotD that I started liking it over NIN as I got more abilities.

That's just how it is. They designed Shadowbringers to be comparable to a 80 hour RPG game from the first set of main story quests.

Yeah it was. You can achieve more in a no life weekend grind in classic that you could ever in BFA in the same time.

>TORtanic
so it's going to go free to play?

I know right. I get to enjoy the new expansion in a couple of days knowing that these kinds of people won't be shitting up my queues

I feel like MoP had the "titanforging" done correctly and I'm not sure why they changed it. It was just the same item, only 6 iLvls higher than the normal drop. Not a huge upgrade that is needed at all costs, but a nice plus if it did drop when killing bosses on farm. Then in Legion they changed it to possibly go up almost 50 iLvls. Makes no sense.

You cant keep praising story when gameplay betrays it. This goes for WoW too, but far fewer people are trying to shill WoW's story.

MSQ is trivially easy content. Things that are canonically supposed to be impressive are gameplay wise trivial. That is fucking trash, and a product of XIV being the same nu-MMO cancer WoW is. XIV's LFR equivalent is still piss easy. Compare it to when WoW was good, KJ and Archimonde were genuine powerhouse characters with both lore and difficulty in their fights. There was no easy mode KJ in sunwell, he was a challenging boss which was fitting to his canon strength. XIV and current WoW both lack that, its just the press A to awesome garbage QTE from AAA RPGs in a tab targeting MMO format. A good RPG would link story and gameplay, garbage ones have shills telling you to forget about one of those in favor of the other.

They're too concerned about trying to hurt the competition and not concerned enough about making money
If they wanted more money, they'd release the expansion a month or two later, when people are starting to get tired of XIV

The expansion that can be cleared in a day, and then you'll be back on here making threads about WoW

>queues in MMOs
>trying to act superior to anybody
trannies have brain damage

FFXIV's LFR is a whole other raid with a whole different story. Unlike wow you don't bring a cadre of barely literate retards to kill something like Sargeras

From what I remember, Thunderforging was more just to entice people to run larger groups. But yea, it was limited and really intended as a okay bonus. Definitely more prefer that compared to the abomination in how it's handled now.

Gotta gear up for savage my man, a month will fly by fast

This, why do you think theres so many trannies defending XIV instead of playing it lol

And that's exactly why its aging like fine wine. All the faults you just mentioned are the easiest to polish over time. The backbone of FFXIV is the story whether anyone likes it or not. Each passing generation (once the PS5 comes out) boosts the games responsiveness and fidelity. The game is currently in a position where it can only go up.

So you're saying you'd prefer the death of a beloved franchise over a bombass concert?
Your brain must've rotted after being fed the shit blizzard feeds you.

>He says while wowfags do nothing but watch cringy ecelebs stream
ohnononononononono

>And that's exactly why its aging like fine wine.
>typing this out unironically
cringe. go dilate.

Because it's the last day of the previous expansion and there's nothing to do but wait. Why aren't you enjoying 8.2 right now?

>Expansion can be cleared within a day
LOL, at least don't out yourself as a newfag, retard.

>All the faults you mentioned are the easiest to polish over time
are you genuinely retarded? The majority of the game being stupidly easy isnt something that theyre going to change because it doesnt appeal to RPers. Major bosses being stupidly easy is not something that you can go back on later, theyve already been killed

SHUT UP

>previous
I'm so set for shadowbringers I forgot SB is still current. Hype is wonderful sometimes

its been like that for years, yet here's FFXIV now

This is what i don't understand about xiv fags acting like their game is so much better, queues are cancer for MMO's, XIV is just as bad as WoW

I don't watch streamers however I just happened to put on GDQ and...
>advert for shadowbringers in the sponsor box
gamesdonequick . com
HAHAHAHAHAA CANT WAIT FOR CRINGELORDS TO FLOOD YOUR GAME AND DEMAND IT CASUALIZED

Go rep grind in Nazjatar and finish your emissaries for your good boy points. I'll be having a good time in ShB with my Gunbreaker.

>"I love being a retard that spams the chat with LFG and the game becomes impossible the group with if you play at odd hours or a dead server"

imagine posting this and calling other people cringe

>deranged trannies pay subs to maintain a sense of community in their shitty MMO
Classic will kill it. srry m8

Yeah, we call them wowrefugees you dumb nigger.

yeah what a real shame I wont have time to ERP with you
How can XIV be further casualized? Its already at MoP levels of retardbait

>having queues
Feels good being a tank

>Classic will kill it
cope

> the games so fun, that's why I'm on Yea Forums constantly

mop was unironically the pinnacle of wow's complexity

yo dude you need to kill some rares in Nazjatar so you can potentially get a mount and show it off to Asmongold

>hit cap
>run easy scenarios for valor
>walk around to fix spawn loot boxes to pick up epic gear
>gangbang mobs with no mechanics to upgrade my free purples
>slay end boss in queued mode
Yeah you fucking wish.

>XIVtrannies are actual Catababy zoomers
wow. This explains it all

I don't know about that, but it was certainly the only good time post-wrath where the game was actually fun

And you beat the challenge modes i presume?

>not knowing they'll outnumber you if classic goes to shit
Hey guys, everyone I've met in FFXIV is pretty friendly and chill. However you fringe seething trannies are scaring away new players (to keep your game alive).

>it's another boomer who thinks item color matters
you were literally the target audience of blizzard lowering the threshold of purple item level