This is Yoko Shimomura. She the the most talented and cutest composer in the history of video games...

This is Yoko Shimomura. She the the most talented and cutest composer in the history of video games. Say something nice about her.

Thread theme: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF88515F88FD05230

Attached: cute mommy composer.jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IYlPizEkeWM&
youtube.com/watch?v=mQn8seklAr0&t
youtube.com/watch?v=umDw4zN9tAo&t
youtube.com/watch?v=o61hjviv86A
youtube.com/watch?v=m2zaOtG5yTI
youtube.com/watch?v=fMul9Rdtzao&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=QV6Apkaborw
youtube.com/watch?v=lRdisTrKb6A
youtube.com/watch?v=_ENj2kHa1m4
youtube.com/watch?v=ehYqXFxpDTM
youtube.com/watch?v=1it2CiuIujM
youtube.com/watch?v=FCddxqC1s60
youtube.com/watch?v=bWyGWXmcoU0
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9L0snyd_uw
youtube.com/watch?v=I9QSJhUYVBM
youtube.com/watch?v=aUuhtC0LcEY
youtube.com/watch?v=2t0KpBtz_pk
youtube.com/watch?v=b7BnZh6rRaY
youtube.com/watch?v=nfOFaXqY5Tw
namco.fandom.com/wiki/Keiichi_Okabe
youtube.com/watch?v=KmmTzhEZzEM
youtube.com/watch?v=oxRG203JCKM&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=1RgNO9Ng8VI
youtube.com/watch?v=TqFOnussdrA
youtube.com/watch?v=QMjbM-EmvBk
youtube.com/watch?v=BRQpmwQkx0k
youtube.com/watch?v=qVcYC8PiZ5g
youtube.com/watch?v=roNg6ABbe_o
youtube.com/watch?v=afoQA7FS6VA
youtube.com/watch?v=DCSqtxXDHXM
youtube.com/watch?v=7dRVuXYmB1M
youtube.com/watch?v=I2PSvZG7QZU
youtube.com/watch?v=WT3QkhpS3-8
youtube.com/watch?v=CNxSfKjtZ1c
youtube.com/watch?v=3UhptprZLJg
youtube.com/watch?v=Dl0zg5_Ivzs
youtube.com/watch?v=f11xAPZmnyU
youtube.com/watch?v=amTpqsyjIQ4.
youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc
youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik
youtube.com/watch?v=cdI9hK_xS3A
youtube.com/watch?v=EZoGlw3c6xQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-EtFEfnwCxc
youtube.com/watch?v=XWBqLS5S_JA
youtube.com/watch?v=mDXLf8oH9wE
youtube.com/watch?v=6wsB5mZRp5I
youtube.com/watch?v=O0J7or9VfHw
youtube.com/watch?v=yBjKzdpenFM
youtube.com/watch?v=fmp66tEGNCU
youtube.com/watch?v=8ygh4k2AyBw
youtube.com/watch?v=IYlPizEkeWM
youtube.com/watch?v=jlysXzWU-Vg
youtube.com/watch?v=GkCVE6JOiOg
youtube.com/watch?v=zKnmUB9XcFM
youtube.com/watch?v=DaB-hJajQe8
youtube.com/watch?v=xvPmqw26DTg
youtube.com/watch?v=4fUSI8i4BRo
youtube.com/watch?v=f7WzjAaCU1Y
youtu.be/s4kY29te5ms
youtube.com/watch?v=xMAVcoh7kEs
youtube.com/watch?v=6zfNTThhwag
youtube.com/watch?v=3sj72DvRGlk
youtube.com/watch?v=qCKEXPXtrEU
youtube.com/watch?v=YoLrFxUbgjw
youtube.com/watch?v=Gm-X7KBBacM
youtu.be/OZ3j12pF84o
youtube.com/watch?v=14U64jWO85s
youtube.com/watch?v=cgTgVdVoCfs&list=PL807F428C03DF31A8&index=11
youtube.com/watch?v=0jIW51BrAb4&list=PL807F428C03DF31A8&index=31
youtube.com/watch?v=3NGBXBsbhec&list=PL807F428C03DF31A8&index=50
youtube.com/watch?v=4bEyQTJhhDI&list=PL807F428C03DF31A8&index=35
youtube.com/watch?v=p5lyc2gLri4
youtube.com/watch?v=_VDA57wDiUs
youtube.com/watch?v=5Av8flSjmMc
youtube.com/watch?v=_1POCeJ7yJY
files.catbox.moe/3h1ew5.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=JOL9kNGXjuc
youtu.be/wp2wXRjUOdc
youtu.be/j6P7AJPm0vo
youtu.be/SqWIvQK6VCc
youtu.be/tFLff9FAUK0
youtube.com/watch?v=rDCOcqpWTkY
youtube.com/watch?v=uiWJBuBU2c0
youtube.com/watch?v=Bd67viF7Q54
youtube.com/watch?v=-xVoWIpxL4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=6iJIFob2HSk
youtube.com/watch?v=n4AUY-v1nsE
youtube.com/watch?v=-J0H5ah1G7A
youtube.com/watch?v=ypNPxwnppU0
youtube.com/watch?v=4zzdPY_5KAU
youtube.com/watch?v=9R2TMKd9Zz0,
youtube.com/watch?v=_y8Dhqi1YvY
youtube.com/watch?v=ma5JNbztoYE&t=4m7s
youtube.com/watch?v=7caED-rLmyc
youtube.com/watch?v=1vWw0ixSZ0c
youtube.com/watch?v=OOZw35By9f0
youtube.com/watch?v=4qZPrPW15NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EOZeiQMYU6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=20VXBH5L92c
youtube.com/watch?v=PGkPEDFRgng
youtube.com/watch?v=Hy0n5NXmgZo
youtube.com/watch?v=3B5I3frNnnw
youtube.com/watch?v=LSCLbShOrA0
youtube.com/watch?v=8gGHQicQUw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

She's adorable. She looks like the noodle lady at my restaurant.

who do you think will replace her once her and Uematsu are offically retired? most of the only Square staff will probably be retired in like 10 years or soemthing

Attached: POWER COUPLE.jpg (900x1200, 155K)

Nobuo Uematsu? All though, he will most likely retire soon as well.

Mitsuda has always been better than both of them.

Post some kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=IYlPizEkeWM&

That's not Michiru Yamane.

youtube.com/watch?v=mQn8seklAr0&t
youtube.com/watch?v=umDw4zN9tAo&t

The most SOULful pianos I've ever heard in an OST

Look I like Shimomura. A lot. But in the history of Video Games? It's impossible to weight their talent against each other with some objective low quality shit like a tier list. A lot are great

Shame Hamauzu left Square so he could have the rights to his own music.

youtube.com/watch?v=o61hjviv86A
did OSTs like this die with the PS2 era? the only thing similar to this is probably Zone of the Enders youtube.com/watch?v=m2zaOtG5yTI

youtube.com/watch?v=fMul9Rdtzao&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=QV6Apkaborw
youtube.com/watch?v=lRdisTrKb6A

Ayako Saso and Michiko Naruke are very cute and talented too!

That title goes to David Wise but she is also cool

there is NOTHING more soulful the Somnus youtube.com/watch?v=_ENj2kHa1m4

Attached: ffxiii_versus_.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

i dont blame you for square soft going to shit
him

Why the FUCK can't the west compete when it comes to vidya ost?
It's either Zimmershit or nothing.
Meanwhile you have composers with their own recognizable styles that are all good in their own way
Hitoshi Sakimoto ,Nobuo, Mitsuda you name it
youtube.com/watch?v=ehYqXFxpDTM
youtube.com/watch?v=1it2CiuIujM
youtube.com/watch?v=FCddxqC1s60

Attached: 0625.png (387x375, 237K)

That's recency bias speaking.

She composed the Street Fighter 2 soundtrack. She is literally the most important person in video games.

>look her up
>The King of Dragons
>Super Mario RPG
>Legend of Mana
>Kingdom Hearts
>Xenoblade Chronicles
>Radiant Historia

Holy shit i want to marry this woman, or at least her music. also after reading that list and finding out she did the music for Million Arthur: Arcana Blood I'm seriously reconsidering my decision to skip that game.

not even the best of the SE trio

Height:
Mitsuda > Uematsu > Shimomura

Current:
Mitsuda > Shimomura > Uematsu

For me it's Koichi Sugiyama

Tekken sounds like THAT!?

>own recognizable styles
>doesn't post based Okabe
youtube.com/watch?v=bWyGWXmcoU0
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9L0snyd_uw

Attached: 1490285158119.png (434x434, 142K)

>posting the weakest of mitsuda's battle themes from XC2
youtube.com/watch?v=I9QSJhUYVBM
youtube.com/watch?v=aUuhtC0LcEY

Attached: malos laugh.png (564x594, 483K)

Here's a little well-known gem of hers. She actually did an arrangement of Route 10 from Pokemon Black/White for Smash Bros.
youtube.com/watch?v=2t0KpBtz_pk

I really liked their interview together.
It really gave me a few hearty chuckles.

It's mostly because those styles of electronic music have fallen out of favour somewhere in the mid-to-late 00s. Breakbeat, Drum & Bass, etc. either pretty much stopped being a thing or "evolved" and largely changed up their sound.

It's very obvious in a series like Tekken for instance. Tekken 1, 2 and 3 have very 90s British electronic-inspired soundtracks, 4 sounds less raw and more abstract, experimental and futuristic for the new millennium. Then 5 has contemporary, mid-00s style electronic music, trance and housey stuff. Then 6 and the rest all have music that is very late-00s and 10s, very synthy dubstep, DnB, hardstyle even and shit like that.

The composers changed along the way too but most of them have been around since T4 at least.

Yuzo Koshiro is also a national treasure and anything he contributes to always sounds terrific. To me anyways
youtube.com/watch?v=b7BnZh6rRaY
youtube.com/watch?v=nfOFaXqY5Tw

Look up David Wise

doesn't this dude plagiarise and stuff

Does he? I wouldn't know

>David Wise
No thanks.

that was the final boss for T6, but Okabe has done a lot of work for the series namco.fandom.com/wiki/Keiichi_Okabe T7 is mostly wub wubs, which most people dont like. but i think T7's ost is pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=KmmTzhEZzEM
youtube.com/watch?v=oxRG203JCKM&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=1RgNO9Ng8VI

>Mitsuda is better than Uematsu
Right now maybe but he's not better than Uematsu was in his heyday.

If it's not Mistuda then probably Kenji Ito if they don't just go back to Hamauzu.
youtube.com/watch?v=TqFOnussdrA
youtube.com/watch?v=QMjbM-EmvBk
youtube.com/watch?v=BRQpmwQkx0k
youtube.com/watch?v=qVcYC8PiZ5g
youtube.com/watch?v=roNg6ABbe_o

Regardless of who is composing, FF will just never feel same without copious amounts of electric organ.

I'll give you DK.
But I'm talking about recent release like which I posted.
Mick Gordon ain't cutting it.

Attached: reggie.jpg (1789x1009, 185K)

The West has some legends too, like Jeremy Soule and Mark Morgan for instance. Soule is one of the few Western composers whose style is as recognisable as those of the Japanese legends.
Morgan not so much because his soundtracks are so much more varied.
Inon Zur maybe too!
And I'm sure there are a few others.

But yeah the West can't really compete. The amount of talented major composers in Japan is insane.

Michiru Yamane should be paying Ars Nova half her royalties for how much she ripped them off

She so fat you could drop her on nagasaki

Okabe made the best Smash Ultimate remixes
youtube.com/watch?v=afoQA7FS6VA
youtube.com/watch?v=DCSqtxXDHXM

Unfortunately most good composers for western vidya are relegated to indie games
youtube.com/watch?v=7dRVuXYmB1M
youtube.com/watch?v=I2PSvZG7QZU
We have the talent but the industry at large just wants generic Hollywood movie soundtracks that don't stand out.

>Jeremy Soule
He's fine but his stuff doesn't really hold a candle to JRPG stuff.

I know she is famous and everything, but there is not a single soundtrack I liked. The only barely good is Parasite Eve 1 OST, and 50% of that OST is basically one track (Main Theme) remixed over and over and over again.

There is absolutely nothing positive that can be said about her. Or people who pretend they like her music.

you might want to see a doctor if there isn't a single KH song or a Legend of Mana song you like.

>le ebin contrarian

literally all of KH has god tier music faggot.

>There is absolutely nothing positive that can be said about her.

Its finally time to settle this

youtube.com/watch?v=WT3QkhpS3-8

vs

youtube.com/watch?v=CNxSfKjtZ1c

vs

youtube.com/watch?v=3UhptprZLJg

I have to give it to III, its the best.

Attached: 1537352365762.jpg (414x415, 114K)

2>1>3
3 is the best really?
I thought 2 and a half nort was way better.
youtube.com/watch?v=Dl0zg5_Ivzs

tropical freeze is pretty recent. he really needs more work though.

Of couse, Goofy and he gang had to appear.
Your point? Mitsuda made Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross soundtrack. Those are really, really good soundtrack. And what happened after that? Can you name a single good non-Chrono track he composed, without the help of the internet?

I think you meant to say Tim Follin

Did she make the OST for KH3 too? Because if so, what the fuck happened? It was the worst of all KH games and honestly pretty subpar in general.

She made some of it, but not all.
youtube.com/watch?v=f11xAPZmnyU

I prefer hamauzu.

i really wish the Xehanort Clones played the Scala theme, or at least a remixed version. that's literally all the final act needs for it to be perfect youtube.com/watch?v=amTpqsyjIQ4. also people can shit on KH3 all they want but its final act is without a doubt the best in the entire series

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

>He's fine but his stuff doesn't really hold a candle to JRPG stuff.
I mean, his music is completely different to that of most JRPGs, since it's mostly symphonic aside from Secret of Evermore and maybe some others?
His TES soundtracks are utterly gorgeous and no one else can do it the way he does it, at least to my knowledge. The closest soundtrack in the JRPG space is maybe the symphonic DQVIII soundtrack which is fantastic as well, but still doesn't convey quite the same vibe. That's of course down to the games' direction.

Either way I don't try to compare them too much. Uematsu, etc. don't do symphonic stuff really, but what they do or used to do with synths and samples was unique and fantastic in its own right.

Meanwhile, Motoi Sakuraba's orchestral compositions in particular in Star Ocean 3 and Baten Kaitos are utterly beautiful as well, but I wouldn't expect Jeremy Soule or even any other Japanese composer to ever come up with similar stuff.

I guess the point is it's all fantastic and I wouldn't want to miss any of it.
It would be interesting to see a JRPG with a Jeremy Soule soundtrack, or a WRPG with a Sakuraba, Uematsu, Shimomura, etc. (pick anyone really) soundtrack.

everything post KH2 was made by her, Ishimoto and one other person who's name always escapes me. i think KH3 had the least amount of new material from her

She made this one? This is one of the laziest of KH3. Literally took songs from other games and put them one after another with a different background music. Disappointing since even DDD didn't recycle music and gave Xemnas and Ansem new themes.

The only people on Yea Forums who listen (and love) Hamauzu are those who play JRPGs other than Final Fantasy. So, 6% of Yea Forums I would say.

>Unfortunately most good composers for western vidya are relegated to indie games
i think this because AAA games almost always want a generic hollywood OST whereas indie games try to go for something unique

He also made the Xenogears soundtrack!

My point is there is one extremely huge positive thing that can be said about her, ya putz.

>The same 3 tracks reused for all towns and dungeons in 60+ hour games
>firthy gainjins get MIDI ONRY
>the latest entry in the series have the weakest compositions in the series overall

The sooner Koichi Sugiyama retires the better Dragon Quest will be for it

Attached: Toriyama.png (711x899, 1.07M)

>one of the few original songs from KH3 that's actually pretty good
>literally plays for 10 seconds before the final boss
What were they thinking?

No. YOu said she's the most important person in video game industry because she made music for one game. 28 years ago.

>And what happened after that?
Xenogears
Xenosaga
Valkyria Revolution
FFXV Episode Ignis.

funny i'm pretty sure this post was made specifically as a refute to your "nothing positive comment"
You're really bad at reading aren't you brain damage-kun?

That is clearly playful hyperbole based off the fact that the Street Fighter 2 soundtrack is extremely good. Please get a grip.

Sugiyama is good as fuck at composing comfy and nostalgic pieces though. He also has a distinct style that kind of makes him difficult to replace.

Square has other great composer yet they insist on Sugiyama for Dragon Quest, his music hasn't even been that good lately, if they drop him for someone else it'd make most people happy except for the most absolute purists

>She composed the Street Fighter 2 soundtrack. She is literally the most important person in video games.
This is what you linked. Explain this message to me then, since I'm bad at reading.

Man, Hamauzu is so underrated. His part of the FFX soundtrack is fucking wild at times with tracks like Challenge and The Decisive Battle. He can be so next-level and experimental but his talent is wasted on stupid games like FFXIII. It's great that experimental games like SaGa, The Legend of Legacy, The Alliance Alive, etc. exist so he can do what he wants.

Ansem had two songs, L'Eminenza Oscura I and II.
The first part was just two previous themes mashed together (Guardando nel buio and Dismiss), whereas the second was a new remix of Destati. It had a different style but it was still Destati.
Xemnas's, L'Oscurita dell'Ignoto was half new and half an arrangement of Darkness of the Unknown.

So Yea Forums is thete any new blood you are excited to see more of?
For me it's Ryota Kozuka.
He made a few tracks and remixes here and there , but back in 2013 he was appointed to be the main composer of SMT IV and I instantlt fell in love with that mam's work.
He made such an impression that he is shaping up to be the new main composer of SMT.
youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc
youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik
youtube.com/watch?v=cdI9hK_xS3A
youtube.com/watch?v=EZoGlw3c6xQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-EtFEfnwCxc
youtube.com/watch?v=XWBqLS5S_JA

Attached: A-5203383-1481588758-8492.jpeg (1).jpg (600x600, 109K)

FFXV was pretty shit but man i got really hyped when this played when Ravus joins the party youtube.com/watch?v=mDXLf8oH9wE

Attached: 1487119720890.jpg (387x468, 102K)

Hamauzu is the greatest composer to ever grace this planet.
I don't think he has ever made a soundtrack less than perfect. He literally cannot do wrong.

Others who cannot do wrong are Mitsuda Yasuda, Yoko Shimomura and Shoji Meguro. Uematsu is one of the GOATs but he can put out some boring stuff every now and then.

Funny, I liked XIII trilogy. But he worked only on XIII, yes? Saga Frontier 2 is the game that introduced me to his work.
You buying The Alliance Alive HD?

Xenogears, Xenosaga episode I, Soma Bringer, Xenoblade 2 (lead composer), FFXV episode ignis

Shit, I quoted the wrong user. It was meant for

Can't argue with that. I too love Hamauzu to a great degree and I buy pretty much everything he does.

I could do without the repetitiveness. I hear they do it on purpose because that's they way NES games did it but it's such a bullshit excuse. Dragon Quest XI is a good experience held back by its shitty soundtrack.

To see what I mean, listen to this:
youtube.com/watch?v=6wsB5mZRp5I
youtube.com/watch?v=O0J7or9VfHw
then this:
youtube.com/watch?v=yBjKzdpenFM
youtube.com/watch?v=fmp66tEGNCU
Now this:
youtube.com/watch?v=8ygh4k2AyBw
and this:
youtube.com/watch?v=IYlPizEkeWM
The ones in DDD were mostly remade versions of old tracks as well.

>and what happened after that?
another god tier OST
youtube.com/watch?v=jlysXzWU-Vg

>His TES soundtracks are utterly gorgeous
TES soundtracks are mediocre at best. Guild Wars was his finest work and even that gets BTFO by loads of JRPGs. Even in terms of WRPG soundtracks Pokrovsky was better.

With the rise of the possibility of true uncompressed audio for games, composers opted to abandon more and more synthesizers and instead go for real instruments either electronic or orchestral, so unfortunately, this style was bound to be dropped.

>Xenosaga episode I
Huh. Well, that explains that boring battle track. Anf the lack of boss battle theme. Xenoblade 2 was OK. it had some really good tracks (probably not his), never liked Xenogears OST, I'm unfamiliar with Soma Bringer (but I will check it out, so thx for the recommendation), and XV is not even worth commenting.

>Can you name a single good non-Chrono track he composed, without the help of the internet?
Mitsuda has never made a bad OST. Arc Rise Fantasia's tracklist was godlike. Especially them battle tracks.

videogame music is the only music worth listening to. its free from retarded lyrics and no black people or political messages

>Guild Wars
>tfw can recognize skill activation sounds better than the ost except the factions theme

>what is Black Tar (Xenoblade X)
>what is Persona sountrack

Uematsu is probably one of the best melody writers of all time. Hamazu does some really interesting stuff with blending orchestra and electronic though.

I'm not even that user, brain damage-kun. but sure i'll explain it to you.
this post which is you, said there was nothing positive to say about her as a composer, this post which is some random user, replied to your post, quoting the part where you said there was nothing good to say about her, then linked to a previous post in the thread that said something good about her, indicating that the previous post was a rebuttal to your claim that there was nothing good about her music.
this post You again by the way, misunderstood the point this post was making. so this post which was my first contribution to the conversation, was made to point out where you were wrong, and to mock you for having brain damage.

Hamauza is great.
I haven't played many of his games, but from what I played and heard is one of the best.
youtube.com/watch?v=GkCVE6JOiOg
youtube.com/watch?v=zKnmUB9XcFM
youtube.com/watch?v=DaB-hJajQe8
youtube.com/watch?v=xvPmqw26DTg
youtube.com/watch?v=4fUSI8i4BRo
He can make some really good mystical atmospheric pieces.

Attached: 08.jpg (477x444, 109K)

I mentioned Valkyrie Revolution for a reason faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=f7WzjAaCU1Y

Yeah he only did XIII. Naoshi Mizuta (who I think did FFXI which is also fantastic) did XIII-2 and probably LR too I assume.

>You buying The Alliance Alive HD?
Yeah, although I'm conflicted because playing TLoL on 3DS on the train was always nice and that won't be a thing with TAA HD, since I'd be getting it on PC. ;_;

I played it on the 3ds. Emulated it on pc until I stopped playing because hte cutscenes are broken on citra. And after seeing how beautiful it was upscaled I became excited the second I heard it was coming to PC. I'm looking forward to it's pc release greatly.

He did a lot of tracks on X too.

Valkyria*

imagine living your life like this

Oh I forgot to mention that the main reason I also doubled down into Alliance Alive when I heard it was getting localized was because somebody posted Ignition, clueing me in that he was working with the devs again.

>Uematsu is probably one of the best melody writers of all time.
Starting with FFIX he started to lose it though. Maybe he got better again? I haven't heard anything post-FF except some Blue Dragon tracks.

Also none of his shit is generic weebshit

thoughts on this? youtu.be/s4kY29te5ms i never see anyone discuss the Royal Edition OST

Attached: FFXIV_Stormblood_Omega.png (1144x1000, 864K)

Or on my face, haha

>finish game
>ballad starts playing with pictures of all the key moments
youtube.com/watch?v=xMAVcoh7kEs
Gets me every time.

Attached: 20181001090557_1.jpg (1920x1080, 293K)

>Starting with FFIX he started to lose it though
not really his stuff for FFX was some of his best stuff. Also lost odyssey was great. The battle themes were kind of meh but everything else was 10/10
youtube.com/watch?v=6zfNTThhwag
youtube.com/watch?v=3sj72DvRGlk

So basically, I am wrong because she did a soundtrack 28 years ago, and apparently that was some other guy who said it and not you, and you quoted him because you couldn't dispute my claim how she is a bad composer? Got it.

Not him but his best was 100% in FF8 but the songs he writes for XIV are 100/10.

My favorite. Crazy how it only seems to improve with every listen.
youtube.com/watch?v=qCKEXPXtrEU
youtube.com/watch?v=YoLrFxUbgjw
youtube.com/watch?v=Gm-X7KBBacM

Attached: Yonahnieroriginal.jpg (393x600, 57K)

>only song in game
>only used once

youtu.be/OZ3j12pF84o

Of the Square holy trilogy it's;
>Current
Mitsuda>Shimomura>Uematsu
>Prime
Uematsu>Mitsuda>Shimomura

Nothing against Shimomura mind you, she's immensely talented, but her arms are too short to box with prime Uematsu, and Mitsuda edges her out slightly, though that could just be personal preference on my part

Attached: 1552667541268.gif (500x274, 496K)

>not really his stuff for FFX was some of his best stuff
I don't know about that. To Zanarkand is definitely one of the best compositions in the medium, and pretty much all of the emotional tracks he did are great, but the battle theme for instance is probably the worst in the series after VI's. And a lot of the other tracks are kind of underwhelming, like the character themes.
The ambient and battle tracks by Nakano and Hamauzu are the true highlights of the soundtrack imo.

Uematsu's best work is FFVII and VIII I think. But that Lost Odyssey stuff seems nice and promising. Wish the game got a re-release.

jesus you really are brain damaged. You're wrong because you said there was nothing good to say about her, and there is in fact at least one good thing to say about her (in this case that she made the SF2 soundtrack) which even you didn't dispute as being a good thing.
I don't know how i can make this simpler for you, you said "she's done nothing good" user said "she did good thing" you said "that doesn't count because it happened before i was born" and i said "you're a brain damaged faggot who can't even understand a binary statement like the one you fucking made."
If you say she did 0 good things, and she did even 1 good thing ever, then you are immediately wrong because that's how words work.

>FF and entry-level babies can't spot a genius composer to save their lives
this is what a legend looks like. and this is what a legend sounds like
youtube.com/watch?v=14U64jWO85s

Attached: Yuzo_Koshiro_-_01.jpg (350x349, 79K)

Oh yeah him returning for XIV was a big deal at the time. But did he continue making music for it after 1.0?

I've already mentioned Yuzo Koshiro and linked 7th dragon and one of his arrange albums
Meanwhile
>entry level
Etrian Odyssey is THE entry level DRPG.

sakimoto is better than all of them

Assuming I like SF2 OST, and I don't, explain to me how is she ''the most important person in video games'' because she made music for one game 28 years ago. Which is what the original post said.

my my what is up with that pent up aggression? A little upset when all I was talking about is soundtracks?

Liking the FM-Synth sound~

Pent up? What? Aren't we agreeing that Yuzo Koshiro is good? I was making fun of you using the phrase "entry level" but then posting Etrian Odyssey.

take a note of brother

I'm re-playing The Last Remnant, this time on Switch, and yes, I like the music. If you haven't played the game, I suggest you listen to some of those tracks. Personal picks for this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cgTgVdVoCfs&list=PL807F428C03DF31A8&index=11

youtube.com/watch?v=0jIW51BrAb4&list=PL807F428C03DF31A8&index=31

youtube.com/watch?v=3NGBXBsbhec&list=PL807F428C03DF31A8&index=50

youtube.com/watch?v=4bEyQTJhhDI&list=PL807F428C03DF31A8&index=35

This last track sounds like something from Xeno games, no?

Ayako also has many cute cats she posts about on Facebook

nice generic metal and papa roach riffs you fucking autist.
Masashi Hamuzu is unironically the best FF composer, probably the best composer in games ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=p5lyc2gLri4

Attached: Imeruat.jpg (450x300, 59K)

>hyperbole
I will translate that to ''I wrote something, but I didn't mean it seriously.''
Better?

>Assuming I like SF2 OST, and I don't
It should be illegal to have taste this bad.

Attached: 1334621600827.jpg (337x550, 37K)

Every now and again
Answers going into ARR
Dragonsong at the ass end of Heavensward
Revolutions for Stormblood even if I don't like this one that much

>Etrian Odyssey is THE entry level DRPG.

Attached: file.jpg (474x697, 41K)

>Cutest
Yeah nah bug chaser, the lady who created the soundtrack for Assassin Creed is absolute fucking MILF.

Attached: sarah.jpg (1235x511, 158K)

Michiko Naruke is better

That is the definition of hyperbole, so yes.

Hamauzu is certainly respected a lot by his peers. Uematsu, Junya Nakano, and Kenji Ito had nothing but good things to say about him and his talent as an artist.

But weighing one talented individual against another talented individual is silly and pointless when they're all good.

i thought its from the guy who did the hitman music

So basically, that user doesn't like Shimomura and he was trolling you. So how am I any different? Because I'm not using sarcasm when I make comment on her music?

He composed the old ones. She's the composer for the recent AC games, Origins.

Hyperbole is not sarcasm and does not share the same intent. Please look up the definitions of both words before posting further.

>look it up
No, I want you to explain to me the difference. But you can't. Just like you can't say what's wrong with my statement about Shimomura without quoting someone else's post.

I played through Origins on release and can't remember a single music in it.

Squenix has so many working with them
>Ishimoto
youtube.com/watch?v=_VDA57wDiUs
>Soken
youtube.com/watch?v=5Av8flSjmMc

As for western composers, the only name that really comes to mind is Martin O'Donnell.
youtube.com/watch?v=_1POCeJ7yJY

So a gamer girl did Odyssey? Based. That soundtrack fucking rapes.

I feel like I could always know a yoko shimomura track when I hear one but I wouldn't know how to explain it.

Because she's pressing the piano keys randomly.

Don't fucking reply to me ever again

ok

She has a very distinctive sound signature. All of them do. For the same reason I can instantly tell if Hamauzu is involved in a project. It's why I even purchased World of Final Fantasy. Because I recognized his style in the battle theme while they were showing off your pok- err mirages

They are waiting to fully use it in final mix iam sure

As the person who made the original SF2 post, let me help you out here:

>Hyperbole
Exaggerations that are not supposed to be taken literally but can help enhance what is being expressed.
>Sarcasm
Tends to be ironic and mostly used to convey opposite feeling to what's being stated.

My post, in essence:
>Shimomura made the SF2 soundtrack, that soundtrack is great and an important work in videogame music
Your post, literally:
>Nothing positive can be said about Shimomura
Extrapolate from there.

files.catbox.moe/3h1ew5.mp3
As a followup. You may not have played this game, but you immediately know who this is.

Ok then, allow me to correct myself. I can actually say something positive aobut her. Her music is bad, but there are worse composers. Games published by Idea Factory usually have god awful soundtracks, and those are worse than Parasite Eve OST.
3rd Birthday is still the best OST in the series, but I assume she wasn't involved there.

Yasunori Nishiki. Octopath Traveler's the only notable game he seems to have worked on at all, but he's left such an amazing impression with that game's soundtrack.
youtu.be/wp2wXRjUOdc
youtu.be/j6P7AJPm0vo
youtu.be/SqWIvQK6VCc
youtu.be/tFLff9FAUK0

Attached: 1534319737181.png (259x300, 132K)

everyone forgets she fucking did a tetris arrangement
and it sounds like a kingdom hearts tetris world battle theme

everyone forgets she fucking did a tetris arrangement
and it sounds like a kingdom hearts tetris world battle theme .

All the big Jap composers have a unique sound signature that you can pick up on after listening to their works enough. You can easily tell which XIV songs were done by Uematsu for example, even if you weren't told

It's the violins.

user i fucking love 3 and it's theme , but fucking darkness of the unknown is the definitivo of Kino
2>3>1

youtube.com/watch?v=rDCOcqpWTkY
how could I fuck up not posting the link this badly

A mom and her autistic son

youtube.com/watch?v=uiWJBuBU2c0
Duba Dubababa Ba Da!

is it radiant historia?

the west used to have some fantastic music by alexander brandon, frank klepacki and tim follin

Luminous Arc 2
The final boss theme unless my memory has deteriorated to the point of dementia.

The sheer amount of autism Nomura gave off during that interview was hilarious.
Their interviews together are hilarious.

Attached: DoWNzgWUgAA012w.jpg (864x430, 88K)

to illustrate:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bd67viF7Q54
youtube.com/watch?v=-xVoWIpxL4Q

youtube.com/watch?v=6iJIFob2HSk
youtube.com/watch?v=n4AUY-v1nsE

youtube.com/watch?v=-J0H5ah1G7A
youtube.com/watch?v=ypNPxwnppU0

>Starting with FFIX he started to lose it though
holy shit what? 9 is one of his best works, he even considers it the best FF soundtrack

>Her music is bad
This is some shit taste

>pressing the piano keys randomly.
youtube.com/watch?v=4zzdPY_5KAU

Attached: 14c94906a3efd79e6670f3611228f42a.gif (359x500, 1.24M)

>copious amounts of electric organ
ok I've finally found my figaro.

Attached: frens.gif (251x240, 1.98M)

This is fucking awful, user.

audio quality or the song?

Both.

the only other version has people taling over it youtube.com/watch?v=9R2TMKd9Zz0, as for the song itself, i think its a great fit for the character

>op failed to post the best composer in everything

Attached: Yuki_Kajiura_at_Anime_Expo_2012.jpg (1778x1942, 1.85M)

the main menu theme of H3 is enough to blast japan a new asshole

Paul Ruskay's Homeworld OST is probably one of my favorite soundtracks from a Western game.

youtube.com/watch?v=_y8Dhqi1YvY

Attached: 220px-Homeworld_(video_game)_box_art.jpg (220x265, 15K)

Ultra based

youtube.com/watch?v=ma5JNbztoYE&t=4m7s

Attached: 16acdc772ec99a621c78127bdc3296151374714765_full.jpg (640x361, 35K)

How about this other guy who did some work for Square you probably don't know the name of but might know his songs

youtube.com/watch?v=7caED-rLmyc
youtube.com/watch?v=1vWw0ixSZ0c
youtube.com/watch?v=OOZw35By9f0
youtube.com/watch?v=4qZPrPW15NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EOZeiQMYU6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=20VXBH5L92c

Attached: Ryuji_Sasai.jpg (250x250, 50K)

A lot know yoko for just KH and SF2, but what about xenoblade?

youtube.com/watch?v=PGkPEDFRgng

youtube.com/watch?v=Hy0n5NXmgZo

youtube.com/watch?v=3B5I3frNnnw

youtube.com/watch?v=LSCLbShOrA0

>SMRPG

>Soken
I recently got into FFXIV so i might be biased but i'm absolutely loving the music desu.

Attached: 1373255680293.gif (480x270, 87K)

>Yoko Shimomura is retiring
Please don't let this be true please don't let this be true

Attached: [inaudible screaming].jpg (600x662, 38K)

yoko was the weakest of the five composers on XC

how far into it are you?

Soken is just talented. He also has his own garage band with the primals that makes music that people like, so that's cool too.
almost all of the primal themes are 10/10
What a cool dude

Just finished The Final Steps of Faith. It was kino

>primal themes
I can't get enough of those, for some reason i especially loved Ravana's

What a coincidence, that's my favorite as well. Well it was my favorite but one of the ones you'll hear in an SB area became my new favorite. Ravana is the second favorite until recency bias wears off. It's so good

just wait until you reach REJOOOOOICE!

personal favorite compositions from Yoko in this order from games ive played

>Kingdom Hearts
>Xenoblade
>Mario & Luigi
>SF2
>SMRPG
>Adventures in the Magic Kingdom
yes i've played this as a kid, added specifically bc of the PotC track

There's actually a pretty good breakdown about what happened with music in the rest of the world regarding composition.
Japanese music, even in its most banal and pop like state, still retains elements of classic and jazz composition while the rest of the world completely simplified everything from chords to tempo. Instead of just a singular progression throughout the song with instruments coming in and out following that structure, you get the traditional ups and downs of the classical and jazz eras. The rest of the world ultimately composes songs that are more akin to 15 to 20 second jingles on loop.
That's not to say Japanese music is superior, it's just that those elements are still there.

>that green dot where her nipple should be

Only Jeremy Soule comes close to most Japanese composers. The rest of the western composers are mostly one hit wonders, I guess Martin O'Donnell is alright.

They still can't hold a candle next to Kow Otani or Yasunori Mitsuda. If Yoko Kanno was solely a video game composer then she'd be the greatest but everything she composed for vidya was excellent.

youtube.com/watch?v=8gGHQicQUw4

Attached: eat shit.png (664x497, 303K)

I listened to some guild wars 1 themes because of that thread yesterday.
I'd say bland, the music didn't tell me anything, would not listen again but maybe i didn't end up on the good tracks or something.