Remember this? Good times. Wonder what happened

Remember this? Good times. Wonder what happened.

Attached: hahaha.png (791x608, 357K)

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom.co.jp/tgs/stage/index.html#Gyakuten
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Capcom
>supporting the Switch
lmao

just means it wasn't accurate, not that it was going to happen then was cancelled

>Capcom
>not just releasing the trilogy again and again and again
Still waiting for that N-Gage port

it hurts, I want more ace attorney dammit

Attached: 1543937647832.png (417x307, 162K)

>We'll never get a Ace Attorney game with a canon translation

Honestly, it's the one thing that put me off the franchise for so long.

well, they released the remasters...wonder if that's what they meant and they got mixed up?

Even if they do I'm not buying a Switch, I'll just wait until they get iOS ports.

I remember a friend telling me about this as I patiently wait until this day, it's not fair.

Attached: 1541210141483.jpg (267x338, 29K)

I just hope we get games 4-6 ported as a second collection. The first was my introduction, i need more

Fuck Capcom.

Attached: 1537745679060.png (796x545, 60K)

Just finished Rise from the Ashes after not looking into the series for a while, give me the rundown on what order I should go through the rest of the games or what I should skip, if anything.

Attached: ballistic markings.png (526x330, 352K)

the order they came out. Skip apollo justice.

Don’t skip Apollo Justice also after 3 it’s fine the try the spinoff games

Im still pissed about their unmissable event

Does that include the spinoffs? Particularly the Edgeworth games cuz I haven't played Professor Layton/don't know moonspeak

Order they came out. Don't skip anything.

JFA -> T&T -> AJ -> DD -> SoJ

Play the spinoffs anytime after T&T.

Justice for All, Trials and Tribulations, Apollo Justice, Investigations, Investigations 2, Dual Destinies, Spirit of Justice.

Play the Layton Crossover and Great Ace Attorney whenever after getting to the 3DS games. Play Ghost Trick too.

Retard.

>Wonder what happened
Trilogy got released.

Yeah the spinoffs are good, wait for the untranslated ones to get translation patches obviously. The crossover game is worth checking out if you think you'll like puzzles, but it's pretty much non-canon.

They're story driven games, play them in order. If you gotta skip any skip ace attorney investigations 1. At the very least play the original trilogy + Apollo justice

"Naruhodo-kun" just fucking sucks ass.
Phoenix Wright sound so much better.

>thinking apollo justice is worth playing
lets check that video again

>thinking investigations 1 should be skipped over apollo justice

Investigations games should be played between AA4 and AA5. They're technically options but you might as well do them in release order.

Layton game is non-cancerous and more of a Layton game than Ace Attorney. Do it anytime after getting to the 3DS games.

Great Ace Attorney is a completely separate side-series. Can be done whenever after getting to the 3DS games, if only just to see the technology progress.

Even if you dislike it AA4 is fundamental for 5 and 6, skipping it is retarded.

Hello, everyone! My name is Dragon Isee, and with my assistant Evening Village (who loves burgers and who I met after her sister, Thousandfathoms Village, was killed), I investigate crimes and defend clients as a defense attorney! My rival is the prosecutor Clever Swordedge, who I was in primary school with (together with my first client, Youknow Forsure). He was mentored by Fromhell Demon, a famous prosecutor (who is now gone, but his legacy continues with his daughter, Dark Demon).

These days I've taken proteges myself, like Surprise Lawboy and Moon Heartnoise, and adopted a daughter, Seethrough. Life is swell here in Japanifornia.

Attached: ace attorney wright paper.gif (256x192, 80K)

*Optional
*Non-canon
fuck I hate phoneposting.

3D ace attorney is so shit looking holy fuck. such a shame

It really, really isn't. 5 and 6 pretty much ignore 4 completely except for the Trucy case in 6. It's laughable that Apollo gets more character development in a game meant for Wright than one that's meant for him.

I beat the original trilogy recently. What are your guys' favourite cases? For me it was the circus, last case of jfa and last case of t&t.

>Clever Swordedge
>Fromhell Demon
utterly based

Attached: ass.png (500x375, 191K)

The ending of AA6 literally references one of the main plot twists of AA4, are you fucking retarded?

Play all of them in release order.
Don't skip anything. They're all great.

At this point I am 100% sure the reporter was retarded and confused Ace Attorney Trilogy for three new games.

I'm happy I at least got the physical trilogy on Switch from Japan. Hope they release the rest too, would be nice to have the collection.

(It's a shame how Dai Gyakuten blows the newer games out of the water with mechanics it introduces, compared to how boring AA got)

>the circus

Attached: 1552866411294.png (288x216, 86K)

Don't skip, just quit after the Edgeworth games. After those it's a time skip and nothing good comes out of the series beyond that. It's all either shit or shallow imitations of what you just played through.
So, after the first one just go Justice for All - Trial and Tribulations - Investigations 1 (only thing that might be skippable) - Investigations 2 (need a fan patch if you don't know japanese, but it's worth) and then just stop

AA:I is the most boring shit I've ever played, Apollo is mainly shit cases but at the very least has good music to help you sit through the worst parts and Apollo is a MC from that point on

>Apollo is a MC from that point on
good meme

Attached: hobo-laughs.gif (256x192, 55K)

>4 was about the dark age of the law
>5 was about some serial murder
>6 was about a foreign coup
So with 7, are we gonna go intergalactic?

What's wrong with it? It was a really emotional case and I spent a really long time intrigued who the killer could be instead of it being glaringly obvious from the onset.

>canon translation
It's okay if you don't like burgers but the localized version is just as canon as the original japanese.

Eat your hamburgers Apollo

Attached: 1546338688665.png (1200x800, 747K)

When did Capcom say the event was unmissable?
I've only seen video game "journalists" and dumb memers call it that.

Nothing like steamed ramen after a murder case.

Do you think Pearls will develop as much "spirituality" as her big cousin Mia?

Attached: f6928377108.gif (480x270, 1.43M)

Nah, she'll forever be a flat midget.

>4 was about the dark age of the law
90% of the script consisted of that 5 word phrase. Why does Japan love repetition and redundancy so much.

Maybe to an amerimutt like you.

UNMISSABLE

Can't be bothered to look up proof but i believe it capcom's Twitter said that ace attorney fans would want to make sure to watch their segment because it would be unmissable. I don't even know what the event was maybe Tokyo game show

Speaking of translation
when's the update?
i want to play it in baguette.

playing both danganronpa and ace attorney made me realise that both are good in their own way

capcom.co.jp/tgs/stage/index.html#Gyakuten

I found this off of here. Don't mind the stupid insults in it, though.

Attached: 1558009396587m.jpg (1024x831, 175K)

>mia and Garan were shit at psychic stuff and big gazongas
>Maya, Pearl and Rayfa belong to the itty bitty titty committee and are great at psychic stuff

You've gotta sacrifice something

Mia's powers were top notch though.
At least according to Maya.

Having it available as an unlockable script after beating the game once or something would be interesting at least, you have to admit.

Something people often don't mention is that the Jap script is apparently as memey as the localized script is, it's referring to nip memes instead of our memes though so it would go over our heads. I know that in 6-1 in the jap script Phoenix makes a Kamen Rider Decade reference when introducing himself for example, shit like that.

Wasn't she confirmed in the second game to have great spiritual power, the exact reason her mother tried to get rid of Maya so Pearl became the head of the clan?

Alba's name in the original is Carnage Onred
not even a goofy translation, that's very literally his name, what the fuck