Xeon X3450 @4GHz + RX 570 OC good enough for gaming?

Don't want a new mobo&RAM yet, got 10 gigs already.

Attached: fuckchinksbutimpoor.gif (640x640, 120K)

what games are you playing/planning to play

Yes, at 4ghz that CPU is plenty for anything but the most poorly optimized shit like PUBG or Arma 3. The 570 will be the main bottleneck, but should still get 1080p/60fps in most games on high/ultra settings.

Far cry 3/4/5, Dark Souls series (at least 60fps), Nioh, dying light, resident evil 4/5/6, dirt rally. I've a 1280x1024 monitor at 77hz and usually turn down post processing effects to see better.

>RAM not a power of 2
disgusting

>xeon

I can put 2 more gigs to get 2*4 + 2*2

Please don't get a Xeon.

But why

dumb incel retard, all intel CPU are fundamentally fucked due to backdoor security exploit and to "fix" it makes it lose 5-10% performance compared to AMD

Intel is literally out of the market.

I wanna build a PC, but the cpu terrifies me, is it really as easy as lining up a triangle and dropping it in with no pressure? What if it goes at an angle or I fuck it up? Does it really irreparably fuck up the cpu socket?

I'm running openbsd on my lappy, not gimping my gaming station. Could care less if they know I reenact school shootings in custom maps in cs

xeons are server cpu's user, they're not regulated for the inconsistent power draw that comes from playing games, and they're generally lower performance all around.

They can't be overclocked. Just get a 2700X or 1700X if you're on a budget.

It's really no big deal, line up the triangle and gently wiggle it to see it's not stuck somewhere. If it fits, you shouldn't have more than a fraction of a millimetre clearance. Gently bring down the bracket and secure, it's that simple. You may hear cracking noises, keep going, it's from the retention clip, not the CPU.

Lynnfield is 10 years old now, so it's time to move on. You're heavily constricted for PCIe, having only 16 2.0 lanes is not great.
I think the most realistic option would be to get a used Ryzen 2600 and B450 once Ryzen 3000 releases, or even a Ryzen 1600 if you can find a better deal. At least then you have access to modern features and a real upgrade path.

it affects every cpu operation dumb nuts on every platform, its hardware backdoor not software backdoor

You can't insert them the wrong way due to indentations on the chip that align with the motherboard. Don't worry, user.

>Could care less
That means you care, dipshit
Depending on your board, it is possible to overclock Lynnfield processors to some pretty impressive frequencies. It's just the ancient architecture that holds you back, your IPC is going to be shitty

I'm doing a BCLK OC which easily brings nehalem/westmere CPUs to 4GHz. Going to settle on 3.5-3.6 and let it turbo to 4.
>2700X
>budget
Yikes dude that's a salary right there.
Noted for spookiness. me_cleaner works on my model and they can't infect me from the outside without a 0day in openbsd.

I'm not comfortable with spending on a new CPU and RAM if an old one on a working mobo just manages to hold for a few more years. That Xeon is $20+shipping, guys.

For Intel sockets, pressure is provided by the socket mount, but you don't have to force it in by hand. Currently though I don't think anybody would recommend buying an Intel chip new because of AMD's Zen 2 launch.
AMD sockets are zero insertion force, meaning they drop in with no pressure required by anything, since the pins are on the CPU and can line up to the socket's holes on their own.
You asked if it was good enough for gaming, and it generally would still be holding you back. Go for it if you want, nobody can stop you.

>and it generally would still be holding you back.
Thanks for telling me. What will be the problem

It's mostly the old architecture having poor IPC compared to everything that came out after it. Even if you hit the same clocks, your processor will not perform as well as Sandy Bridge or even Piledriver CPUs. If you want to play games from 8-10 years ago this isn't an issue, but certain modern games, especially poorly optimized ones, will give you a very hard time.

I thought low IPC + high clocks = high PC + low clocks, damn.

Oh shut the fuck up, so he should buy a ryzen whose PSP you cant even touch? Based user even used me_cleaner, you don't have that on AMD.

That's the idea, but 4GHz is below average. New processors in Intel's lineup can do around 70% better per-core, which is just too big of a difference to pretend it doesn't exist.
PSP and ME are different things. At some point you probably could mess around with PSP edits, but that requires third party development that hasn't happened.