You don't believe those Ascians saying I'm a primal right?

You don't believe those Ascians saying I'm a primal right?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18227857
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002794.html
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d65aa2c282957d3d0fde9e8979c62bcebe5aa9f5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

well youre kinda fucking everything up so ima need you to stop or youre gonna get bullied like every other primal ive came across.

Attached: 1555617845511.jpg (371x353, 13K)

>rewatch Titania fight footage
>WET WET WET
how can one girl be so cute

Attached: 1546064264993.jpg (848x1024, 90K)

Being a primal is not that bad

Attached: fullthrust.jpg (680x457, 55K)

The wait is fucking killing me here.

Attached: 1398172.jpg (713x401, 25K)

Sorry bro but Imma become what I must

Attached: durk.png (240x240, 88K)

just in time lads

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 3.66M)

Reposting from last thread, what role will you be playing?
strawpoll.me/18227857

>When you play with fiyah~

Attached: 1458405592385.jpg (1000x802, 465K)

How are primals any different from beings that posses the Echo?

tank like always. 90% of the people voting for tank will give it up within 5 days like they did heavensward and go back to sitting in limsa waiting for their queue to pop.

Attached: 1557621240380.jpg (567x531, 51K)

nice

I'm gonna play ranged and move from NIN to DNC

Yea Forums always talks about how they either play tank or BLM.

>45% tank
I bet 90% of the people who selected this will be done tanking within a week of ShB dropping

I am eternalyl a melee DPS. I just like big damage numbers and going unga bunga.

Attached: 1559405394052.gif (480x270, 227K)

Dork Knight

So you play SAM then?

>other primals curse the WoL for being already touched/tainted
>works with everything we know so far about being enthralled
>be a heartless bitch and use Arbert and Co. to plunge their world into light
Not saying they are right.. it just makes alot of sense.

>love NIN
>130 ping because west coast servers
>shadowbringers is giving NIN even more ninjutsu spam

i should probably just play something else huh

Absolutely. I'm a simple man. It has swords and big damage numbers and I like both.

Attached: 1462405161679.gif (258x258, 1.36M)

This. There will be tons of retard GNBs who think tanking will come naturally. It won't, and it will cause suffering for 3-7 other players.

Felt the same as a MCH main

Where is the dom futa role?

>finally finish what i started in arr by soloing final coil after putting it off forever
shit's fun, although i wish i did it back when it was actually relevant
also the story was nice and the twins are nice and i like them

I levelled DRK in anticipation of ShB. I like it fine now, but if I cant stand the changes I can always go back to being a RDM or SCH.

Who here /ready to TEAR/?

Attached: final-fantasy-xiv-gunbreaker-902x507.jpg (902x507, 70K)

Doing this shit when the requirement was ilvl45 and the max ilvl was 55ish was fucking great.
Hey, remember when the race you choose actually mattered?

I'd believe it more if Elidibus said it, but you dont make a very good case for yourself Hydaelyn.

Imagine if giraffes looked like this.

Attached: 4345345435534534.png (636x900, 805K)

Only one choice really

Attached: cutman.png (1920x1080, 1018K)

Can't think of a glamour for my female lala dancer, don't want to be lewd but I also want it to look good.

It doesn't even matter. This is literally a non-thing.

WHEN THE FUCK ARE THEY RELEASING THE NAMING CONVENTIONS AAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1453304386239.gif (500x500, 257K)

Demon Aiming Set

FUCK YOU

Attached: rage.gif (300x403, 960K)

Are these worth it?

Attached: 333.png (363x226, 45K)

REELING
ABOUT TO BREAK

beg your pardon?

Attached: 1557548469256.jpg (339x399, 49K)

It's only for mob kill exp so not really. Use them if you have them but don't worry about it.

probably not, unless they work on fates
the gatherer/crafter ones are pretty nice tho

No, because overworld mobs give jack shit for XP.

>Melee DPS losing Recuperate
Lol, like they weren't already just cannon fodder.

pusy

bobs

>B4B, Bloodbath, Backstep and Fetter ward back
Oh boy...
What are the chances that push back is back for the tanks?

Attached: 1516756143669.jpg (705x686, 99K)

bepis

4 decides my first job ever

BLU

It's misleading. "Field" doesn't actually mean overworld/outside of duties. They work on dungeon mobs just fine, and dungeon mobs are great XP farming sources.

Machinist

Do you dpsers-by-nature rolling GNB at launch intend to main it in endgame?

Bepis

Recuperate AND Safe Guard
Melee DPS will die so fucking quickly now it's not funny

of course they dont. theyll fuck up tanking like 2 times get turbo anxiety and never touch it again.

RIP user

Attached: 023.png (680x680, 221K)

Depends on how they balance exp gain with the changes.
They don't stack with the Heat of Battle (Exp+) FC actions if your FC is running any by the way, it will just use whichever is the more potent buff.
The Crafting and Gathering Scrolls are a lot more worthwhile in my opinion.

Why did they dumb down SMN bros?

How bad is it?

We're all gonna make it brah.

Attached: 1540877388596.png (827x412, 432K)

>fucking zero ranged options for melee dps now
This is going to suck in frontlines.
>new frontlines mode in 5.1
About fucking time.

Based

Attached: D2fmBJoU0AIFsqY.jpg (750x1000, 137K)

It's a minigame class that you can't actually do any of the actual content and story progression on.

Tanking is completely brainless now though, even holding aggro is a total non-issue since you have no limit on how much you can AoE. In casual content you don't even need to use cooldowns, you'll survive anyway. I can definitely see a lot of people picking up the Tank role since it's been scrubbed of almost all responsibility and it's now effectively just an easier DPS. "Tank anxiety" might keep some people away but no one who actually tries a tank will fail at it.

heard you like trick attack so we put it in pvp

Attached: 20190626_sm_06_nin_EG.jpg (572x524, 240K)

Fantasia to Elezen right now or I pull the trigger

Attached: gun.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

JUST POST THE PRE-PATCH NOTES ALREADY! FUCK PVP!

Attached: 0vaUsxH.png (600x753, 546K)

Blood for Blood probably increases your damage taken too but everyone is going to take it because you need the burst.

/r/ing the early access prep guide. the one where you time the challenge logs to get an exp boost

yikes guess I fucked up

Attached: 1561354437362.jpg (430x430, 47K)

It was in pvp already pre SB. Nin were just so retarded back then they had to change how kakuremi works. Spawncamping fucks.

>Being a lanky ugly giraffe
No.

You're a woman, Hydaelyn. And just like any other women they're are stupid, lazy, and evil.

NIN's burst looks fucking crazy now

You need to go back.

yeah but now with the way pvp works post SB its incredibly broken in pvp
especially when there's ALSO B4B and SF debuff

I have 40 ping and the game still likes to eat a mudra.

Patch notes when

I thought Yoshi said no pvp updates until 5.1?

I might but I'm probably in the minority. I've played a lot of tank in everything outside of Savage just for shorter queues. I enjoy the role and sometimes dictating the flow of the encounter. The only reason I never "mained" them and brought them to raid is because I never really fell in love with any of them. People say GNB looks somewhere between PLD and WAR in terms of damage/utility, which sounds perfect to me.

Assassinate already applies the TA debuff in PvP if you use it from Hide. Most likely this change is a NIN nerf, and when you're hidden you have to choose between straight damage with Assassinate or TA for the debuff+less damage.

Chances are Wednesday night, right before or after the servers go down. I wish they'd do the pre-patch notes a day before maintenance, just so we can plan on where to park at the very least.

Most of the melee DPS are incredibly good at creating burst windows. MNKs can kill almost anyone in a couple of seconds with all of their shit up, but that might change in SHB because lol TK.

Well they said that a new Frontline mode is coming in 5.1 so that's probably what he meant.

PvP would have to change some, as they're getting rid of TP.

unbased

That's not worth using at all because not only do you have to waste 3 mudra, but you also throw away assinate

Now TA is completely separate making a stupidly broken burst

NIN looks so satisfying in ShB with an actual AoE combo, Duality reworked into Bunshin and the new Kassatsu but mudra spam really does fuck it up unless you're camped out next to the servers. Fuma getting turned to shit by the removal of dripping is going to hamstring a lot of NIN players even worse than currently.

What? MNK is like the worst in pvp because of how predictable their burst is, you see a giant flower and you just fuck off or stun

My guess is because Kakuremi no longer requires mudra/ninki, you are now forced to be hidden to use Assassinate. Same with TA.

The problem is that if we can't change our names until after maintenance, the servers are going to be so congested that if you try to rename your character you'll get locked out of them because of the queues. Won't be able to change the name or log in at all until congestion clears up.

>Shadow Fang isn't a combo anymore
>No more trowing dagger so no option to generate kenki in 72 man from far away or deal damage to a moving ranged

Attached: 1288241972545.gif (236x132, 1.9M)

The damage is still there. That is the entire point of melee classes, big dick damage.

>kenki
Ninki*

It fucking sucks. It will be fun in only feast and a real pain in the ass for frontlines.

No its not retard, when you literally run away or stun right at the burst, you essentially destroy their burst

51 FUCKING HOURS REMAIN

But I'm already Elezen

How do people not know how to stand outside of the circles and lines on the ground holy fuck. Can't even do Titan extreme because people get knocked off and killed by his circles.

>kenki
>Ninki*
Honki**

Is Yoshi going to do anything about Rival Wings since it is dead?

ew you're right, no more throwing dagger

wait what the fuck i just noticed that too, WHY throwing dagger of all things

Hyur is the only cool race.

I have no idea how NIN is expected to generate Ninki now that Throwing Dagger and Mug are gone. They would need to either double ninki generation off combos or halve the ninki costs of cooldowns.

Shadow fang not being a combo is fine, it makes it easier to line up

but no MUG OR THROWING DAGGERS??
WHAT

mayray means mayray, no rangeu arrowed, prease undastand

Never had an issue for me.

>Can't even do Titan extreme because people get knocked off and killed by his circles.
DF party? Desu i got killed a couple of times the first time i tried him until i got used to him, can get a little hectic.

Then you probably only play casual frontlines, its well known that monk is dogshit in pvp

People with the echo don't temper people or suck the aether out of the landscape.

brehs i started leveling DRK and im enjoying it, i watched the shadowbringers changes and they put me off that job completely.

Attached: tube.png (1167x988, 613K)

>468063008
it's less about "oh, a shape on the ground, i guess it does nothing" and more "yeah i can do this one thing then mov-aw i died"

Kill yourself.

Attached: 1538444457509.png (791x810, 456K)

>liking Dark Arts

You pick a healer or range like every other intelligent player.

you know what fuck you, I'm not waiting until 50 for my first job. I'll decide on my own. I wanted to have fun, but NOOOOOO, give him the meme job!

I'll remember this.

>38% tank
Yeah fuckin' right.
In a month after everyone's finished the 5.0 MSQ the tank population, by which I mean the dark knight and gunbreaker population, is going to drop off a cliff.

Attached: AMERICA.png (623x527, 485K)

forever healer desu.

Probably not going to get a chance to play today before the maintenance, guess I'll just park myself at my FC's house and hope I can port to whereever DNC unlocks at without my game shitting itself.

Mah nigga.

Attached: WHMSCHAST.png (2883x1793, 2.34M)

you're forced to have a melee in Feast and NIN actually wrecks shit in Frontlines, Assassinate is godlike.

>Last chance to catch Ruby Dragon before ShB and i fail when it bites on multiple attempts.
>Couple friends get it on their first try when it bites.
Fucking sucks being a lucklet. Last fish i needed too.

I wanted to try healer but it just looks too high pressure for me.

You got what you deserved.

Attached: 1554675692179.png (400x400, 24K)

ARISE SAMBROS.

IN TWO MORE DAYS WE DOUBLE MIDARE.

Attached: sam.jpg (600x450, 38K)

>Not putting your ass in front of the Rising Stones

They do look like this though.

Attached: 1552446198364.jpg (1912x2500, 3.01M)

Is there any job that could possibly match the DPS of Samurai? Let alone surpass its parse. And I'm not talking about a Samurai with both Shifu (Mind of the Samurai) and Jinpu (Rush of Battle), boosting attack damage and speed by 12%. I'm not talking about Samurai with Hissatsu (Hidden Technique): Kaiten (Turn the Heavens) boosted Midare Setsugekka (Chaos Slash— Snow, Moon, Flowers) either, and this skill is only usable by one who has mastered the peerless concentration of the warrior's state of mind, doing a total of 1080 potency. Hell, I'm not even talking about a combo using Hissatsu: Kaiten boosted Higanbana (Mourning Flowers), placing a DoT of 3510 potency, using Meikyo Shisui (Standing Water, Perfect Mirror Reflection) to instantly deliver a Kaiten boosted Midare Setsugekka and finishing with Hissatsu: Guren (Crimson Lotus), dealing a total of nearly 5400 potency in the space of a couple of seconds.
No, I'm talking about Samurai possessing the secret technique Hissatsu: Senei (Thousand Blades), a more powerful version of Hissatsu: Guren that does 1250 potency to a single foe, and who has mastered Tsubame-gaeshi, the technique of the REGEND Sasaki Koijiro, enabling him to perform Kaeshi (Reversal) forms of his most powerful abilities, which allows him to unleash his ultimate combo of Kaiten: Higanbana, followed by Hissatsu: Senei in the space between his next move Kaiten: Midare Setsugekka, and finally Tsubame-Gaeshi unleashes Kaeshi: Midare Setsugekka dealing 1200 immediately. Samurai has just done 7040 POTENCY in the LITERAL BLINK of an EYE.

more excited about that sick senei animation tbqh desu

I was leveling dark knight for ShB, and the moment I got to dark arts and learned how it works I dropped that shit so fucking fast.
It's no wonder why they're axing that skill.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit

Attached: Untitled.png (1399x1075, 1.43M)

*laughs in BLM*

I'm scared of swapping off PLD because I don't trust healers and not having Clemency as a bailout button is worrisome

Attached: 8F068947CEF54EC99903D0F85D356FC2.jpg (1024x1024, 122K)

fuck you KoG. Are you telling me I should've asked for a five instead?

Honestly, I wish PLD's would have Clemency removed.
I play healer and most PLD's I get matched with spams Clemency at literally

Gambler job confirmed?!

>2 days until bunbreaker

Attached: stzegrpaacp21.png (2000x2296, 2.67M)

>be an english teacher in japan
>get hired to localize game
>end up becoming a rockstar
>got to beat a mexican to death for fucking up Haurchefants character

He is living the dream

Attached: koji.jpg (600x600, 196K)

honestly its not all that bad. Sometimes it is high pressure, like when your other healer fucks off in the middle of a trial unexpectedly, or just a bad pull in sohm al phase 1. but most of the time i find it relaxing, see how many rocks i can throw before i have to heal again.

yea dude i love spamming dark arts every other move

i'd be a bit more with you if you just said the tank changes as a whole but unless DRK is functionally broken, it really can't be any worse than how stormblood treated DRK

switching to SMN from AST. FUCK HEALERS

Yeah. no.

>when you have the highest total damage in frontlines
Feels good to be a PVP BLM.

Attached: 1542257553632.gif (128x119, 17K)

>actually got a five
fuck

if cunfilia turns out to be evil I hope we get the choice to side with her

I only start using it if I start dipping towards 40%. Clemency is also nice for being able to clear dungeon bosses even if your healer dies to AoE's, but yeah some people use it all the time for no reason.

>edge shit

Attached: ffxiv_04032015_081611.png (1920x1080, 3.03M)

Almost considering coming back for Shadowniggers but I haven't even played Stormblood, and knowing myself I'll start a new character cause I can't pick up old characters after months. Every new job are 50+ right?

I hope we kill her and then get the big tiddy version back.

>FFXIV
>choice
Here are your choices for WoL
>This isn't right
>No... this isn't right

i need a healer nerds on aether to queue up for in progress trials roulette because i guess some dudes got mad about bismark and i want to get the sprout a clear

You forgot
>...

what jacket

>Wiping on EZ mode whale
How?

>Yes
>No (Yes)
>....
>*Punches hand*
>We must make the wild rose bloom

>5.0 ends with a choice.
>Side with Zodiark or side with Hydaelyn.
>Most of the scions side with you no matter which you pick, only Minfilia and Emet-Selch are absolute in their devotion to one side.
>Final trial is unique to the side you pick.
>Story from then on deals with bringing about the rejoining of worlds to hasten the conflict between Hydaelyn and Zodiark, the major difference is a few events and questlines that change to give one side an advantage and the fact that Minfilia or ES is serving to dump some of the exposition.

>5.1 adds in a few new frontlines.
>The sides are drawn between light and dark.
>In addition to obscuring player names, player armor is also changed to be warriors of light or darkness for their respective job.

i guess the tanks didn't separate the sanuwas or something
anyway everyone abandoned so abort queue

Yes, because our static desperately needs another tank and if i was just gonna fucking play SAM anyways why not just play GNB. The rotation looks pretty active so that's kinda sick, and i've already played WAR as far as Tsukuyomi EX so I'm not completely braindead with tankswaps/mitigation.

Shut yo goofy lookin ass up nigga.

ive seen it happen before. tank, healer, 2 dps fell off, couldnt dps hard enough and he munched the platform

Is there any successful MMO that actually has a class predicated entirely on random chance to the point of being called "gambler"

>Thinking Yoshida would do this shit.

Retard.

I always like simple men who know what they enjoy and play it despite everyone else's opinion of the job. Some people bounce around too much in indecision, they tend to lack character, personality, and conviction.

Attached: 1526862572006.jpg (747x1677, 328K)

Please don't. The faction shit is so trash for MMOs, it would only result in two MSQs with less overall quality and a trash story because the devs are too scared of hurting either side's feelings

This + edgy aesthetics (minus the big damage i guess) is why i'm sticking with DRK desu

meanwhile I will RP as a slutty miqo'te healer who has 1 second queues and whose rotation consists of 4 to 5 buttons and being showered in (you)'s and Likes

Attached: isiMmLB.jpg (980x1259, 141K)

>Bolt still an optional skill and not just baked into your kit

Ignore what the other dummies said, those effect dungeon mob XP which is pretty huge, so yes they're worth it.

Job aesthetics are always the first priority to choose in what you play. If I didn't love how WHM looked in animations I wouldn't have been one. But I've stuck with the job for years even though it is widely hated here.

I wish I was like that instead of being such an indecisive person. It honestly is frustrating and depressing.

There's no danger of Yoshi ever doing that, the amount of work it'd create is beyond what they're willing to do. We'll have all of our choices made for us since we're really just along for the ride.

The only time they've ever done a story split with for a short stint at the end of Eureka, and it didn't change any of the mechanical content.

>We'll never get a blitzball job because Palacucks use Tidus's battle stance.

Gay.

Most of us are fine with WHM, we just wish the average WHM player wasn't so much noticeably worse than they are for SCH and AST.

Best dungeon healer by a mile and I still get a majority of Medica II spammers.

Attached: 1558418472157.jpg (836x836, 54K)

Absolutely. Dungeon mobs give absolutely obscene amounts of EXP. With food you're already earning nearly 20 percent bonus EXP right there.

>tfw stuck on hairstyle change for an hour
apparently i just dont like change.

It sounds cool but in practice with this games netcode and other mechanics it would probably be the death knell for the game. Faction shit is a meme. It's been a problem for WoW for a very long time and it's finally compounding.

you tricked me

Despite saying what I said, I usually fall into the other category as well. I know kind of what I want, but I tend to bounce around between a lot of different jobs for variety, even if I do have a couple that I consider a main. When I started in MMOs, I rarely had a problem developing an identity because there were plenty of hybrid jobs that'd fit everything I wanted to do, but with raiding becoming so mainstream and competitive, everything's got to fit the role of a specialist now.

>mfw 5.0

Attached: BRD.jpg (1200x675, 117K)

Attached: IMG_20190625_202911.png (900x636, 518K)

In games like Ragnarok Online I knew what I liked and I played it but when it comes to stuff like WoW and FFXIV I just have no idea what I want to play or even want role I want to play. I generally enjoy everything and that causes a problem.

>Yoshi says they're removing the focus on job synergy in 5.0
>makes DNC, a job specifically built around job synergy

Good job you gook fuck

It's ok user, at least he removed trick attack

:^)

>FL Seal rock
>24 man
>Try my best to carry my team as a NIN
>We get the bottom spawn
>RNG keep giving the spawn to mael and flame side (cavern spawn for mael of course)
>Final spawn is still on mael side, and it's even the central high ground one who's entry is inside the cavern
>We go for a final rush toward mael so they don't win
>Somehow Flame decide that even if they are in second place it would be a nice idea to pincher us at the bottom instead of moving up with us to kill mael
>15 kill 30 assist 300k damage
>First in damage
>But we get third place

I like Seal Rock, I really do, but sometimes it's RNG bullshit is really fucking frustrating.

Attached: 1410135421679.png (509x411, 18K)

I see what you're saying but technically it's not quite the same thing. When he refers to removing or eroding job synergy, they mean things like needing piercing up for bard or slashing up for others. DNC can work with anyone, no job is inherently dependent upon DNC.

WoW's factional trouble should've been resolved long before this point. The Horde and the Alliance should've been working together by this point, or at the very least, the majority of the playerbase should wind up becoming neutral warriors since their strength is so great they could almost certainly decisively end the conflict for whatever side they're on.

That's one thing I'd give credit to Yoshida for, I don't think he'd be afraid to impact major changes to the game if the story justified it. Everything Blizzard rights is to maintain the status quo of the gameplay first and foremost and provide for the Warcraft lore second, which is why things have gotten so nonsensical (Beyond the poor writing in general, that is). I don't think he'd prolong a factional split for mechanical reasons if the story would suffer for it, more than likely it'd be a central mechanic for an expansion and then come to an end.

Will we get at least one good Y'shtola scene like the little sun or is she gonna go back to being a thundercunt that forces us to go on a 10 hour quest to collect cheese?

Attached: ysh.jpg (1920x1080, 498K)

Every raid will be inherently dependent on having a DNC in the ranged slot.

So wi this be Elidibus or Zenos?

Attached: IMG_20190625_023007.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

>melee in frontlines
your own fault

Attached: already aint right.jpg (500x381, 48K)

I want to be y'shtola's little sun if you know what I mean
I mean I wanna fuck her.

I won't buy SHB until I carefully determine what's the combat system like. I'm largely very unhappy with the changes. I mained MCH during SB and in SHB mch looks like absolute boring shit. I also played SMN a lot, but again, in SHB it just looks like it got a recoloured Bahamut. I dabbled with MNK, it was very deep and fun in SB, but in SHB it's getting gutted.
So to tell you the truth I'm not even sure I'll be playing at all.

>The way she looks at you before she says it

What did the devs mean by this?

>the Alliance should've been working together by this point, or at the very least, the majority of the playerbase should wind up becoming neutral warriors since their strength is so great they could almost certainly decisively end the conflict for whatever side they're on.
It's always amused me how this has been the case so much throughout the story but for some reason they kept writing MUH TENUOUS ALLIANCES CRUMBLED, BACK TO WAR!1
You have players from both factions working with all these different lore characters from all over the place, they all get along well, and then if you want to go really deep into it, do you really expect me to believe that people didn't end up bonding when they were fighting back-to-back-to-back world ending threats? Then you have the multitude of neutral/cosmopolitan factions made up of individuals from all races working together to do good for Azeroth as a whole. Then you grind your way up the ranks, becoming exalted champions of these orders, but somehow, through the whole thing, the player characters never ever made some new friends? made some new connections? It's dumb.

>MNK/MCH/SMN Player

Jesus christ bro, you should definitely quit the game.

If they were smart they wouldn't have gutted BRD and then made DNC an uber buffer, they would have made DNC a buffer similar to bard and spread more utility to other DPS jobs

But melee in 24 man is the best

Attached: MNK fuck yeah.jpg (842x522, 101K)

It'd have been far better to simply enhance the synergy with more jobs than remove the unique things jobs bring to the table to satisfy speedclears and parsing. We run the risk of homogenizing everything to the point where every ranged DPS brings the exact same things to the table and there's no reason to play any over the other beyond flavor.

Instead of allowing people to pick a job and have it function exactly the same as everything else in its role, XIV should've required people to level at least three different jobs or roles to ensure they have something useful for any content (With experience gain required being roughly equal to what it takes to get a single job to max level now). When everyone specifically has three different jobs they can play, the trouble of building synergy within a static goes out the window because anyone can switch to something more useful for any fight they want.

At the very least, allowing jobs to build some specialist tools that are mutually exclusive with each other (Such as other jobs being able to use a trick attack like ability but having to sacrifice some of their kit to use it) would at least mean you could play whatever job you leveled even if you had to change up some of its core skills to ensure you had a needed debuff for your raid group.

Tankbros, what are your favorite weapons?
>PLD: Tyrfing and House Fortemps shield
>DRK: Oni Club
>WAR: Zurvan axe

It usually means bot hours. 72 is more enjoyable since it hides the bots better.

The amount of mouthbreathers in Orbonne right now is astounding

I like playing melee in frontlines it’s fun and challenging.
It’s always like more than half the team being BRD and MCH or casters you end up with fucking old timey battle lines shooting at each other.

What DC?

The rake because DRK is in the cuckshed.

>no FXIV classic

it's been atrocious all this week
the best run i've had so far is with like 7 new people

I played those because those classes required 3 brain cells to play and I found it interesting and fun trying to find ways to do well in tough situations. I'm not some 99% parsefag, it was just fun trying to do set up and do a perfect WF during mechanics, etc.

Never ever because of time bubble.

People finished running Orbonne's months ago, what do you expect?

24-mans always turn into a total shitshow after they're off farm by the lower mid-core / casual but at least not completely retarded crowd.

>PLD: Heavy Metal Longsword + Heroic Spirit Shield
>WAR: Doman Iron Axe/Halonic Inquisitor's Axe
>DRK: That katana you get from Sigmascape

Nobody is actually going to do dungeons with Urianger right?

Attached: 1560955372994.jpg (1200x1348, 520K)

I can't believe they made Classic retail. What are they doing

That looks like minfilia, i haven't played since ARR

>PLD
I don't have huge opinions on pld in general, but honestly I really like Seiryu's sword and board
>DRK
Edge of the Sephirot
>WAR
Rampager

It will actually steal some subs from XIV for the first month and then die

because BLM was and will always be the king of AOE and single target ranged magic DPS. SMN is just a 30 second waiting cuck job.
>but muh akh morn
come back to met when you can cast 4 flares and 2 fouls back to back.

>resub after 2 years
>gear up BRD
>realize I hate it

Attached: 1557663857197.png (600x600, 407K)

Why you gotta dog my boy Uri like that, he's just trying to fund his gambling addiction.

He is my favorite Scion since 2.0.

Gearing up bard means you also geared up dancer.

This is how I felt about NIN but I quickly abandoned it.

>For Yoshida-san, it’s more about correcting player mentality that trickles down from the elite raiding community down. The goal for him is for any job combination to clear any content in Final Fantasy XIV. Even in Stormblood, while balance wasn’t perfect, this was already achievable.
>The problem stems from average players trying to replicate what groups that are good enough to go for world firsts are doing. The debuffs are so useful for when you’re trying to overcome Item Level disadvantages and that was intentional according to Yoshida-san.
>However, the unintended consequence is that these tactics kind of became a “golden rule” or a default strategy for many teams.
>“Players are taking that functionality, applying it, and making it sort of like the ‘golden rule.’ Once we’re out of the period of racing for the world first, [players still] have that sort of fixated notion of: oh we need this in order to get through certain content.” said Yoshida
>Although some may miss this synergy, it also falls in line with what appears to be a general plan of sacrificing a bit of identity and player ingenuity for the sake of having a game that is as inclusive as possible to all jobs and player preferences.

>Q: After going through all jobs, the impression I’m getting here is that anything you can do with one job can also be done by other jobs of the same role. So has the philosophy changed into creating differences through gameplay feel and the game experience through jobs instead of creating a difference between what you “can do with a certain job” now?
>Yoshida: That’s right. we’re see the differences in gameplay experiences as the jobs’ characteristic. Since the mechanics of each gameplay differs, the image would be something akin to “We hope you’d enjoy the gameplay feel of each jobs”, or “the rest will depend solely on the player’s skill to decide the competition”.

based parsechads

it's cool that yoshi is letting combat jobs cross role into DoL

Attached: Dark Knight copy.jpg (500x670, 176K)

>wont even get the good 2B glamours until 5.45

Attached: 1452704745780.jpg (1024x449, 104K)

>lol I'm about to end this man's entire life

Primal
I've had multiple runs where mustard takes over 25 minutes but no TPW so people just press on then get walled at cid and vote abandon lol
I expected to have some last bit of fun before this shit goes the way of weeping city and the like but it gets old carrying an entire alliance and a half who refuse to pay attention or learn mechanics. The last one I had 30 minutes ago was alliance C sticking us at adds on cid with theirs being consistently at 65% while the other alliances adds were both dead. Everyone there was alive the whole time, they just were that terrible at their classes I guess.

People wouldn't have the mandatory meta mentality if it wasn't for the massive Gordias fuck up that forced it to be created. Pepsiman's destruction still persists to this day.

just play DNC then, especially since theyre taking the "fun" part of AST and giving it to DNC instead

>Ugh, this class is hot trash

Almost as bad as trannies.

>I mean I wanna fuck her.
Anyone have an Enigma machine? I have no idea what user is trying to tell us.

>especially since theyre taking the "fun" part of AST and giving it to DNC instead
Where the fuck do you people come up with this shit?

I bet there are people still assblasted from Pepsiman so hard that they haven't resubbed ever since

I've seen this before, and it still makes me mad. Half the fun of playing is building synergy between your group, with different jobs working together in different ways. Turning every job into a hot swapable pawn is exceptionally boring and moving away from the things that make an RPG, an RPG.

We might as well be no different than chess pieces on a gameboard for how closely every job within a role works. No one's unique in function, and no thought goes into your design -- beyond your item level, your dancer will be identical to every other dancer that sets foot into a specific raid or trial. It's the easy way out in designing and balancing jobs, and when you continue down this path, you wind up with a WoW-tier blandness where sometimes the only difference between roles is the particle effects you see.

is there any point to joining an fc other than the buffs?

If Cirno asked you to drill a hole in her skull would you do it

>all of the art and cinematic Lyse has nice big tits
>in game her bust is literally at 0
>now Tifa’s tits debacle
Someone at SE hates big tits and it’s a conspiracy at work.

Human connection.

maybe someone at square just loves DFC.

At least there's titty mods

There was a faggot in NN the other day saying that he hasn't raided since Pepsiman and that he has no intention to ever try it again.

They should be fired.

Yoshi plays a Lala, the culprit is clear

The dudes casts Death when you take him as a Trust of course i'm taking him.

>Devs make a genuinely hard encounter
>tr*nnies go nuclear and quit the game screaming
>years later they act like hot shit with nu-raids that were intentionally made to be cleared
Funny

What drives me nuts is trying to herd everyone on the add phase. No matter how many times I yell in chat "Drop the AoE markers near the wall, off to the side of the boss so it doesn't overlap into other groups' adds!" the groups never listen and continue to drop it in the center of the arena, oblivious to the fact that they're hitting other people with it.

It's not hard. Drop it so the AoE split runs down the center of the add's hitbox, this way everyone can stack on the boss and move two inches to be together for the stacking AoE while still damaging the boss. And every time, someone fucks it up and gets people killed.

>Shinryu
>Hard

Elezen don't look like this.

Attached: IMG_20190625_210305.jpg (1024x1024, 180K)

I wish lalafell could have JUGGS

What's the genuinely hard encounter you're speaking of?

>shinryu
he's talking about pepsiman, you retarded wowfugee

Is AST the only job that had a point where it was impossible to complete content with them?

>not being a Midlander
In 8 years of playing XIV i have seen maybe four good looking Elezen

wow i thought 25% was already beyond the pale

What is an add?

How narrow of parse did you need for Pepsiman on release? I only started savage in SB, I was unsubbed throughout most of HW.

I was referring to pepsiman

I will also miss it, anons who complain about Dark Arts and MP management are WAR mains and should be confined to the tranny balance discord they belong in.

I dunno if I'd go full milkers, but it'd be nice if the bust slider actually did SOMETHING.

>hurr durr gods are bad

whatever, where are the bunnies?

Too bad, so sad. The devs value the ability for players to choose their own identity and play to their preference, over whether or not the 6% of endgame raiders feel the game is marginally more "RPGish" when they spend 30 seconds researching the optimal comp for each fight.

If you desperately need the satisfaction of looking up what jobs work best against a specific boss and then building your team in that way, try playing single player RPGs where your autism doesn't affect anyone else, instead of playing and MMO and complaining when people won't make the "right" choices.

Of all the things they had to remove why the fuck it had to be dripping seriously what the fuck is wrong with them.

It does do something, it's just an incredibly, INCREDIBLY small something.

>le headcanon of pants
Cringe

In what context? a fight? Add is shorthand for additional, mobs that show up later in the fight.
>many whelps, handle them

an additional enemy that shows up during a boss, hence the name. you usually want to kill them pretty quick because bad stuff tends to happen if you ignore them

>MMOJRPG
>God is Evil

So small a something it might as well be nothing, so it really doesn't matter.

Doing a trial near the end of ARR story. Took around 25 minutes to find players in df since I'm playing a dps. 8 person party and the fight goes by really quick. Near the end something happens but i can't tell what because of all the action and I suddenly just die instantly despite being at full health before. Everyone else kept on going and the battle ended about 4 or 5 seconds after I went down. Triumphant victory music plays while I'm lying on the ground.

I still don't know what happened and why I'm the only one that died but I got the win so I don't care.

The thing of "healers and tanks should DPS" basically started from there, so you can imagine for yourself. Healers and tanks were doing DPS back in Final Coil too but it wasn't that fucking bad like in Gordias, where it was an absolute requirement.
1 death = wipe
Everyone makes a mistake in their DPS rotation = might be a wipe
Also the fight itself wasn't exactly easy

I do play BLM, in fairness.

Attached: 1538880316989.gif (66x52, 1K)

>No more shitty SB quest jingle
It's the little things that make me happy

absolutely

Agreed. Someone here posted fan art of Lalafells with decent bust before it actually looked pretty good and natural.

Soon you will have a shitty Shadowbringers quest jingle

You know how it works. Make every role unique enough, and you inadvertently create roles that people play better/easier than others. Which results in even more glaring elitism, less effective jobs being shut out of dungeons and raids by the community. Which is based on stereotypes and bad experiences instead of the actual potential of the job. Nobody wants that.

What will the new one sound like
CLANG CLANG
CLANG GLANG
CLANG CLAAAAAANG

I liked the SB quest complete

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d65aa2c282957d3d0fde9e8979c62bcebe5aa9f5

Prelim patch notes.

Attached: D92iYbdUwAAU8lX.jpg (780x1200, 144K)

>got to beat a mexican to death for fucking up Haurchefants character
Wait.. what?

the SHB one is gonna be some crazy rock and roll riff

this is some final fantasy x shit now

OH SHIT NIGGAS

It wasn't impossibly tight, but everyone in the party needed to be a strong player (probably around today's purple parse). Was kind of a tall order back then since even raiders weren't as good on average as they are now.

You couldn't carry an average player through it, they'd almost certainly fail a mechanic or the DPS check.

Most statics have a "weak link" friend that they try to carry through content because they like them, and this broke a lot of those statics.

>it's real
man you at least gotta post a fake link first before you do this, it's bad form

Oh shit I thought this was bait

Narrow, the check was tight and incoming damage was pretty stupid high so it wasn't uncommon to lose random fuckers to mechanics that one shot and then just not be able to clear if they were one of your top 3 DPS.

>ITS REAL
WAKE THE FUCK UP BROS

Attached: 1513580159341.jpg (1280x1440, 946K)

why scribble out your name? for what purpose?

Cool blog, where do I subscribe?

WE FALL

THE BELL
RING THE BELL

>Furthermore, completion of at least one series of role quests is required to complete the main scenario of Shadowbringers.
Thank you

I'm kind of surprised no one really wants to play tank. You get to go face to face to the monster and it's not like you do particularly bad DPS. It's not particularly challenging to play I feel.

Was it cape westwind? The same happened to me too, when I did it for the first time as a close range dps. He's got some tankbuster move that 1-shots you, and you can't tell which direction he's facing with all the bodies and effects in the way. Of course, no one else will die to it because they already have endgame gear and stats.

Attached: d65aa2c282957d3d0fde9e8979c62bcebe5aa9f5_26.png (530x298, 345K)

>more quests for people that leveled multiple jobs to 70
Yes.

>still not showing the 6th zone

It's gonna be some sort of interdimensional void or something isn't it

its the moon

>To improve player usability, the time frame within which players must execute actions to continue or complete combos has been extended.
lel rpers can't fucking clear dungeons

How come everyone is cool with Hien and Doma in general being fine with a pirate coalition demanding passage at their sea border?

Attached: 1478392750518.png (228x278, 95K)

I love how raid trannies want to be catered to and Yoshida always tries to make the game more accessible to everyone

>we get to play as the whole gang
whoa

Attached: d65aa2c282957d3d0fde9e8979c62bcebe5aa9f5_22.png (530x298, 433K)

I fapped to this character. Should I feel ashamed?

Everybody loves pirates! It's like their job, being evil and robbing everybody, yet being completely useless when real enemies show up

Raiders are the very reason the problem exists in the first place, and why we're never getting anything interesting within jobs in MMOs anymore. When MMOs become entirely about MLG style speed clearing, job design suffers for it since it becomes the goal of devs to have everyone be just as effective at every piece of content to attempt to satisfy parsers' desire to play whatever their favorite job is for their server record parse. The problem they face never enters the mind of 95% of players who haven't even got a clear yet, much less a clear of any speed.

The problem with that is it makes everything else in the game that's not speed clearing a raid or trial just that much more dull, content that even the most hardcore raiders probably spend more time playing through than actually raiding. Making every job within a role the same reduces the amount of content available since now you have no reason to experience the same things with jobs within the same role. You don't bring anything different to the table as a BRD rather than a MCH, the encounter still proceeds in the same fashion every time, so once you've seen it, you don't have a reason to return rather than an artificial gear grind.

No matter what is done to the jobs, it won't really affect raiders anyway. Even if you put unreasonable demands on them such as a different party comp being more optimal for all four or five raids in a group, those players would conform to meet the challenge anyway because it's what they do. Stop shitting up the rest of the game for these people who are still going to shaft a job for having 1.5% less DPS or utility than another because unless the jobs are truly identical, they're going to do it anyway.

If it wasn't for them, he would have never reclaimed Doma in the first place.

Attached: unknown-297.png (592x475, 283K)

I think I made a mistake ignoring HoH, now I can’t even pass to floors 11-20 because my weapon is too low level and I have been on a queue for over 20 minutes.

Same reason they are cool with Limsa being pirate scum led by a dictator for life.

They know Hien is just that nuts and goes with the flow. See how that crazy Steppe tribe still wants his booty after getting spanked in that ritual battle.

Yeah that was the one. I'm playing a ranged dps. The party I was with was kind of restless because as soon I was finished watching the cutscene I saw people were already typing into the chat about how they wanted to go ahead and start. As soon as it started everyone just rushed in. Seemed like the battle only lasted maybe a minute. I'm pretty sure I was the only player there that was doing it for the first time.

It really is kind of hard to keep track of everything when so much is on the screen at once.

Yo look at that slick new UI instead of the ugly ass popup box

Nice-u.

>A secondary currency, tomestones of phantasmagoria, will be available approximately four weeks after the start of official service for Shadowbringers

No weekly tomes until after Savage starts?

That wasn't the case for previous expansions, right?

Attached: 1559845433871.png (737x964, 477K)

>Parrying is now less effective in reducing damage.
>Blocking is now less effective in reducing damage.

That confirms it, incoming damage is going to be much greater in raids.

>the whistle loop is dead
ah fuck i got like a hundred deliniations for each class

Attached: mister whistle's wild ride.jpg (147x47, 3K)

Savage comes out at the same time: four weeks after the start of service. That's how it has always been. Normal is two weeks after.

Attached: D96oxSSUIAAF0uK.png (727x898, 663K)

Parrying is now less effective in reducing damage.
Blocking is now less effective in reducing damage.

oh no

Hardly anything new, they should have released potencies of skills, at least we would have something to do.

My bad, I thought the weekly tomes went up the same time as Normal.

Literally only happens in savage raiding and preformed groups, and even then I'd wager over half of statics don't care about anything more than clearing the fight at all. I'm sure quite a few would welcome, say, a support job that made it easier to preform some of the mechanics at a DPS loss than a DPS job that can clear the encounter 15 seconds faster for a 10 minute fight.

Besides, party finder groups for normal raids/alliance raids/dungeons/trials never kick people for playing outside the meta because it doesn't matter there. Even in the majority of extremes and savages, it doesn't inhibit clears, and especially not when gearing starts to overtake the encounter anyway.

>Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (X:9.8 Y:12.0)
Oh yeah logging out here.

>PIECE BY PIECE AND MUSCLE MEMORY GOT GUTTED
OH NO OH NO OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa.png (438x309, 20K)

Yes, that's how it always is, weekly cap tomes don't enter the game until Savage does.

>Nerf parrying
>Give GNB a shit parry CD
What did they mean by this?

yeah that sucks, although to be fair we should have seen this coming because they were stupid powerful
maker's mark got hit too but fuck that skill it deserved it

PLD/WAR

FOUR MORE YEARS

>Blocking is now less effective in reducing damage.
Get fucked PLD

NO MY PROFITS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1516171703700.png (661x716, 289K)

what're those

Attached: file.png (530x298, 306K)

>EXP yielded after a match will now be granted to the job used at time of registration rather than the current job at the end of the match.

Awww I can't easily abuse that shit anymore.

You really dont want the trannies on v to hook onto you

There's not going to be a 6th zone.

>The "Unlimited" setting under Frame Rate Limit in the Display Settings section of System Configuration has been replaced with a "Maximum (90 fps)" setting.

rip 120 FPS

>After watching it the first time, it is now possible to skip the cutscene when requesting materia transmutation from Mutamix in central Thanalan (X:23.7 Y:13.6).

God bless.

Attached: D2WfhBTU8AEwkk7.jpg (720x960, 83K)

>list the new Crafter/Gatherer skills
>don't tell what they do

FUCKING ASSHOLES

Mostly likely the tomestone gear.

>6 HW Zones
>6 SB Zones
why would they change it up now

>Most statics have a "weak link" friend that they try to carry through content because they like them

This hits really close to home, we have two DPS in our current static that are borderline awful to the point I've had to swap out of tank to BLM to meet some DPS checks, but we carry them anyway in the hopes they improve and because we don't have the heart to kick them. They want to do savage content, but they get upset when it's suggested they have to meet a minimum skill requirement to clear.

With that frame of reference, I could imagine an encounter where you're literally unable to carry them could be disastrous to an FC's coherence, especially if they have to confront the fact that they're dead weight to the group and responsible for stopping progression. Some people don't care, but the thought of being "that guy" always kept me up at night before raids, which is why I always worked so hard to ensure I wasn't. Some people just don't have the will to do that though.

How do you guys deal with glamor sets for different roles? I main paladin and glamor my short haired androgynous tomboy into a paladin set and it looks pretty great. But my other max level class is white mage and I can't really find a single healer-ish set that doesn't look awkward on my character.

>The "Unlimited" setting under Frame Rate Limit in the Display Settings section of System Configuration has been replaced with a "Maximum (90 fps)" setting
WHAT THE FUCK??? 144HZ CHADS WTF

Its a shame to not have a melee healer, though. Imagine its judt a really competant combat medic zipping around the place

>limited jobs
>limited races
>job quests replaced by role quests

Take a hint already.
Even Azys La was marked as ??? in the HW patch notes, there's not a mention of a 6th zone now.

MFW content will never assblast me that hard ever again

Attached: 1559739347097.jpg (700x600, 311K)

I get that you're shitposting epic-style but they're not, we still get job quests.

wait what the fuck

I dont give a shit if youre a primal or not. You were fucking evil the very moment i learned about zodiac. Youre just the same as he is

???

I'll believe it when I see it, Yoshi mentioned during the live letter that he couldn't use mod commands to skip around the MSQ since it changes zones up massively so I'm sure they're keeping the 6th zone under heavy lock for the sake of story spoilers.

Neat.

>wanting anyone on this cesspool of a site to know who you are ingame to annoy you

Attached: 1555617831105.png (411x412, 296K)

You get a single one at 80 for your capstone ability. I suppose you're going to spout some apologist nonsense about there being an entire questline still at 80?

Why would they do this?

>Characters on accounts with active subscriptions will be prioritized in login queues.
BASED.
>BASED.
BASED.
>BASED.
BASED.
>BASED.
BASED.
>BASED.
BASED.
>BASED.

Attached: 1518231698337.jpg (1204x1074, 181K)

GET FUCKED POORFAGS
GO BACK TO TWITCH

Why do you think the warrior of light can't be enslaved by primals? Because we're already enslaved to Hydaelyn.

I think that's currently how it is, you have to use a setting in your video card's control panel to force a higher framerate.

no one cares about you that much nigga
it's a big game
you don't play on the Yea Forums server do you? lmao

>You get a single one at 80 for your capstone ability.
nice so class quests are still in good to know

If I have a sub active but no recurring because fuck that shit, that still counts as active subscription right?

Do we have any evidence it won't be a full questline? Or, hell, even that a full questline would be preferable, most of the job-quests for Stormblood could've been condensed down to one or two quests without losing anything.

Attached: 1551827554636.png (701x701, 14K)

my FC leader said we get 1 class quest at level 80 and something about a relic weapon to go with it

You've got it on backwards. The streamlining of everything exists to appease the casuals so there's not much difference between a shit player and a good player. Basically, they're designing jobs in the way that you simply isn't really possible to do mistakes. Yoshi admits that. So everything becomes 123456 ogcd bullshit and you can comfortably watch Netflix while you're playing the game.

Do game time cards count?

Yes.

Pretty sure the game told you already that you can't be enslaved because you have the Echo, and those who have the Echo can't be enslaved. The Echo has nothing to do with Hydaelyn.

>Maximum MP for all jobs has been fixed at 10,000.
>The MP cost of actions has been adjusted accordingly.
Whoa, for some reason I had thought this was just for healers. That's going to be interesting.

dont know about the relic weapon but as per the patch notes we have 1 level 80 class quest

Anyone else swapping off Healer?

Good, thanks.

Yes.

everybody except netflix WHMs

but honestly most will probably get them to 80 then switch to something else before Savage drops

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Attached: Untitled.png (742x160, 15K)

WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY CAP THE FRAMERATE AT 90

Attached: 1560835995708.png (967x954, 554K)

i don't know what any of this shit means

Attached: grinding out hammers.jpg (370x365, 46K)

Nah. I'm like the House of my group.

I haven't done anything to get above 90 fps. Granted I only average around 80 at 1440, it's weird to cap.

Yeah and there's only gonna be 4 dungeons.

Well we get his shaggy hairstyle from the cinematic at least, but I guess adding stubble is too hard for this indie dev team.

Attached: AF7D5252-60C9-44A6-B821-DC82BEDE26FA.png (530x298, 441K)

I only have a 60hz monitor and plan to upgrade soon-ish, this suck balls, what possible reason could be there for them to do this?

>tfw Yoshi made this UI change to make it easier for dumb people to understand
Time to make the game even dumber I guess

Probably similar to Satisfaction? Items is just a UI to show how many you've turned in so far and maybe keep track of the collectability.

Nah, I enjoy of the role of healer more so than the particulars of healing. I like the responsibility of keeping people alive.

Physics speed, cloth, jiggle are all based on fps, the higher the faster they play.

>ShB one is literally WE FALL

Attached: 1561430607753.gif (400x225, 1.95M)

Temper and slaves are such ugly words, perhaps the rest of the primal should follow Big Mommy’s example and change the names to Blessing of Fire or Blessing of Wind, I bet they could even convince some idiot into thinking they are some big hero like Hydaelyn did.

Healer please raise me first so I can go back to doing dps while you spend 10 seconds raising the other dps.

Attached: red mage.jpg (1000x1340, 113K)

>In accordance with this change, the silence effect has been removed.
Wait what, Silence is just removed outright? Or only against enemies/from player abilities?

HOW DOES THIS JUSTIFY ROBBING ME OF 54 FRAMES??

>goblins

Attached: d65aa2c282957d3d0fde9e8979c62bcebe5aa9f5_64.png (530x430, 469K)

>PS4 launcher can save passwords
About fucking time.

>fates actually give you stuff now
cool i guess
>you need to level up areas through fate grinding for more stuff
not as cool

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

>Need to level a DPS caster to do all four Role Quests
Which one should I pick up, lads?

Wait did squeenix actually do that wtf

I think the real answer is more insidious, being because it's less work for the dev team. It's far easier to handle class design when everything fits into a generic template. Making parses closer together and making it easier on casuals is simply a nice side effect.

That being said, I still point to large swathes of the community complaining about "job balance" leading to the changes, despite the concept being meaningless to the massive casual playerbase, whom cannot even pass up their tank's DPS on some days. They consider their failures to be a mechanical fault of their job and clamor for buffs and homogenization, and when they get it, they quietly drop out since they now have nothing to blame for their failures.

HEALSIELDOR

My guess from our abilities.

Approximately when will Japanese developers learn not to tie these stuff to fps? How come western developers have known this for 20 years but these yellow retards can't wrap their heads around it?

>Khloe's bronze certificates of commendation have been added as rewards for completing Wondrous Tail

Hold the fuck up. Level up areas? Why?

Engine limitations please understand

Oh no, people will have a reason to do stuff in the overworld instead of idling or erping in Limsa Lominsa while waiting for that 40+ minute DPS queue to pop. The horror!

i guess it's kinda like beast tribes where if you do enough fates in the area you can get nicer stuff
except i really dislike beast tribes so i'm not real excited about this

>fates actually give you stuff now
like what? any examples for the class?

Attached: 1556481932707.jpg (612x716, 313K)

Anything higher than the game's intended FPS (in this case, 60) basically doesn't exist to a JP developer. It's not a problem in the first place if you're not going over the FPS cap and the FPS rate makes a convenient timer for animations, cloth physics, effects, etc., so hell, why not.

So they are basically making optimal to bring one melee, one physical ranged, and one caster, to get 5% bonus to stats. Of course I'm sure people trying to enforce this will screw up and put the free DPS slot on the left which will fill first, instead of putting it on the right.

>mfw people don't even ask what job others are playing but what role, since all jobs of the same role have now been pruned to the point of being completely identical
The absolute state of this game.

Attached: 19-FFVIII_23806.jpg (640x480, 103K)

I just wanna know what those new crafter/gatherer skills do, FUCK

>tfw I usually end up healing and raising faster than pug shitter healers
RDM is so fucking easy how do people get parse tunnelvision

>rathalos event-trial can't be unsynced

Attached: 1558716737640.jpg (512x512, 32K)

>so hell, why not.
Because people do want to go above their arbitrary intended FPS.

BTW it's a hunt mount :)

Attached: ftjl16.png (672x737, 959K)

Nearly there boyos.

Attached: sbcd_06d_HlbnNF.png (1300x1300, 1.99M)

I can't remember when they showed it exactly, but there has been a menu shown of a 5.0 FATE reward vendor offering crafting materials and riding maps.

Attached: D90rSg1UwAAc5Vx.jpg (800x1095, 77K)

Yoshi says right here that the changes are because elitist mentality trickles down from the raiding community and everyone, casual or not, thinks that those 1% differences matter. It's 100% the fault of raiders because if it wasn't for them making such a big deal out of balance no one else would either.

Japan is retarded when it comes to actual programming design, their solution is to always pour more man-hours into making something work with workarounds or in a very narrow context rather than learning and adopting best practices that the west uses. This goes doubly so for their idea of network infrastructure, while the west is figuring out how to fit more data down the pipe more efficiently, Japan is busy trying to figure out what important functions they can trim down to get to fit. It's why we have that dumb .7 second buffer between all of our oGCD actions.

I'll just always make it 2 melee fuck ranged

They don't care if you're wanting to max out your framerate.

Attached: 1545124741065.jpg (310x203, 10K)

>Blocking is now less effective in reducing damage
Paladins on suicide watch

>1000 S rank hunts
oh no

NICE

Why do they keep making promotional art of Elezen that do'nt look anything like in-game Elezen?

i think a lot of them are meant to replace mm/pbp, since there's a lot of synthesis actions
anyway if we go back to pre-sb rng crafting with rapid synth 3 i'm going to flip a fucking table

Cute ears

>More hunting autism

Attached: (ಠ_ಠ).jpg (350x350, 97K)

Animation lock is there intentionally so people can't just macro all their oGCD buffs to one button like they do in WoW.

Only neets have time for this shit.

>interrupts

Attached: wow.jpg (678x960, 75K)

New to raiding here. Is there anything that specifically says we have to have 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 4 DPS in raids/trials, or if the mechanics allow, could we have 1/2/5 like alliance raids?

inb4 Parrying is nerfed to 15% and block to min 15/max 25

Attached: 1308322241123.jpg (772x578, 101K)

Her long neck is hidden by a giant necklace. Very typical of Elezen characters.

They should.

Probably means you need to get the mount speed + flying + maybe even swimming too buffs rather than having them as rewards for finishing quests/innately

Fights like Zorvan and Shiva EX back in the day allowed this. Most fights have tank swaps tho

>The retainer interface will now remain open upon retainer dismissal.

FUCKING FINALLY

>More cross server hunting drama
I'm ready for the salt

They won't.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You're allowed to take non-standard comps but only if you preform the party. If you queue up with Duty Finder/Raid Finder then you're forced into the standard comp.

>ow come western developers have known this for 20
Bethesda begs to differ, user.

Did we not tank swap Shiva stances?

>Is there anything that specifically says we have to have 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 4 DPS in raids/trials, or if the mechanics allow, could we have 1/2/5 like alliance raids?
Raid fights are designed based on that setup, so using a different composition just makes the fight harder because the boss' mechanic "target the tanks" becomes "target the tank and a random guy". and if the mechanic itself is a double tankbuster for example you wont survive it ever.
Also you get a stat boost for every "stat" you bring in the party (VIT for tanks, STR for melee DPS that use STR etc.).

the aether hunt discord is literally just drama everytime now i love it

That's like 1 developer out of 16 hunderd billion.

>Shiva EX
Wait, didn't Shiva EX had slashing debuff stacks on tank in her sword/shield phase that needed to be tank swap?

you can do the latter, but nobody will because the only relevant parses are from standard comps

The best solution, I'd say at least, is to handle abilities sent to the server in a lazy queue system. For instance, spamming your oGCDs just queues them up for use one after another so they come out smoothly and on time rather than hoping the server picks up your input twice before the next GCD is available, leading to people looking for VPNs to avoid it. Make it so you can only queue one or two abilities ahead to ensure someone doesn't spam ten attacks and lock themselves into a queue.

Pretty sure the main strat was a single tank. It's been like 5 years though.

>can dps
>can heal more and faster than most healers
>can instant raise more than healers
>has 2nd best aoe damage in game
what the FUCK did FFXIV mean by this

Just bring a Warrior an make him wear DPS gea- Oh wait, that's not possible anymore.

They just need to improve their tickrate, but that'd mean they'd be unable to cut costs on servers, so they'll never do that.

PLD: Vintage Viking Sword & Iron Lantern Shield
DRK: Lominsan Claymore (I assume the other two GCs have identical versions of it)
WAR: Bravura

RDM, it's piss easy

Oh, does multiple stat boosts stack? I didn't realize more than one tank gave additional VIT.

I don't care about the parse so much as I care about fitting my entire FC into a raid with the jobs they want to play.

Red Mage is overpowered.

How the fuck am I supposed to clear Alphascape Savage. I just want the fucking gear for the fucking glamour but every party I join wipes and gives up. I’m so frustrated I’ll never get this shit.

Attached: B82BEA3E-BEAF-4C4C-B35E-73F48C79B156.gif (500x281, 1.57M)

I wonder if Yoshida will leave XIV now that XVI has entered large scale development and he's the most likely director

All I'm saying is that if I could play Quake on a 36k modem and feel like I'm not fighting lag when my ping is around 350, surely modern devs can figure out how to improve the perceived lag of a game that generally runs slower.

>Oh, does multiple stat boosts stack? I didn't realize more than one tank gave additional VIT.
No, it doesn't. That was an example to justify the DPS distribution (4 melees wont give an INT boost), and also, crucial, the LB gauge builds faster the more stats you have.

BRRRAAAAP

BLM SMN and SAM all have higher AoE than RDM wtf are you smoking

>FSH gets a veteran trade for casting
>FSH gets a "caught what you just caught" ability for both spearfishing and casting

First thing I'm doing is getting FSH to 80. Ruby Dragon.. I will see you Saturday.

Attached: 1560552792140.jpg (476x600, 48K)

>MSQs that literally tell you to do FATEs
>they're the big dick 30 minute ones that can't readily be soloed
Imagine getting to the expac content late like all the newfags who preordered and will only be getting into Stormblood on Friday and having to beg in shout chat for clears

Thinking about subbing to this. Anything I should know before I buy?

SMN Phoenix trance give party heal?

Run it unsynced at lv. 80 with ShB.

Wait till you can level 80 unsync it with 20 percent Echo next week

2 tanks and 1 healer would be more likely and it's possible to do it right now with current raids.

>I don't care about the parse so much as I care about fitting my entire FC into a raid with the jobs they want to play.

You definitely won't be able to reliably do this. I don't think any of the stormblood raids could work with a nonstandard comp.

There is already an input buffer. The reason why higher ping makes it harder to weave is because when you execute an ability the server first has to verify that your character is in a state that allows them to use it. So your ping is effectively added on to the animation lock time.

I doubt they'll ever fix it properly though because latency is an issue that only affects westerners. Japs entire country is smaller than California so some people being unable to double weave probably hasn't even crossed their mind.

There's nobody that's available to fill his shoes, otherwise he'd have probably stepped out a long time ago

>can finally skip material transmutation cutscene
Only took 5 years.

>It really is kind of hard to keep track of everything when so much is on the screen at once.
You'll get used to it eventually, at first it seems overwhelming but you'll learn to separate the wheat from the chaff and read relevant feedback.

No, he said so himself already hunch of times in interviews already.

>Can heal more and faster than most healers
>Single 350 potency heal that can be dualcasted and nothing else
>Has 2nd best aoe in the game
>SAM, BLM, SMN and MNK are higher
? ? ? ? ?

I can't wait to spar with Zenos again!

Attached: 1561465995211m.jpg (1024x576, 90K)

They can, but they won't, because that means investing money into it and doing actual work instead of selling more maid outfits.

since they most likely will keep forced tankswap for the last fights, you will need 2 tanks 1 healer 5 dps

Now you can make your chocobo into a whore

Attached: d65aa2c282957d3d0fde9e8979c62bcebe5aa9f5_77.png (530x298, 259K)

That's actually a good consideration, we have a lot of so-so players, but our healer's pretty damn great. If I could find a way to reduce incoming damage low enough raidwaid, we could probably handle one healer and a RDM or something.

Fuck, I still can't believe SCH is losing Bane, it's fucking hurts man...

Attached: 1475598405725.png (1072x1098, 1.48M)

I'm pretty sure even if that was the case, they would tweak it down to soloable once the content reaches irrelevancy to the level it ever becomes a problem.
Seriously, I'm not sure why everybody is whining so much that there will be shit to do on the overworld and you may end up actually running into other players doing stuff.

You guys confuse the fuck out of me, why is this a problem?

How much weed

>MNK
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

stupid sexy chocobo

You could already.

Attached: 350px-Abigail_Barding--20170528215322.png (350x355, 193K)

IMAGINE

What will it take for this faggot to die already

haha

Nothing. They immortalized him like they did Y'shtola. There is no reason to kill him now, we've never officially defeated him in human form. He just felt satisfied and kill himself.

Attached: 1561465929960m.jpg (1024x576, 58K)

it's quiet literally the least important of the skills they are losing, fucking retarded shitter

You have to suck his toes

Based on the glow, are these the new primal mounts?

Attached: d65aa2c282957d3d0fde9e8979c62bcebe5aa9f5_75.png (530x298, 261K)

>yfw the final trust dungeon is bringing the WoDs as your party members to save their world

Attached: 1531715011061.gif (415x367, 454K)

Gaius was such a better villain and he barely did anything. Zenos sucks so much ass

>can't set the Light UI to be active in the First until you return the Night to a zone
>have to log out every time
lame

>patch notes
>still no naming conventions

Attached: tenor.gif (264x240, 2.37M)

it's more likely to be a sin eater mount

>anorexic dragons
based

He's gonna become a DBZ-esque"No one can kill Kakarot but ME" style ally isn't he

>white robe for healers
WOW GREAT

theyre dead if anything they'll show up as force ghosts like Haurchefant and Ice Lady

He was the main villain of Hamilton I'm not sure what more you want from him

Take your golf cart full of weebswords and FUCK OFF

>yfw final Trust Dungeon is Lord Zenos coming through a portal he learned to conjure himself and dances through battle with us, just the two of us.

TRANSCEND MORTALITY

Attached: 1531717381327.png (2271x2380, 424K)

haha wouldn't that be weird
i wonder what his foot size is haha

I want to mount a sin eater.

Warrior of Light is a Primal summoned from the mothercrystal that beats up other Primals to eat their aether.

I dunno man, anything at this point

>would have to add a new face to male midlander
>every other race will start crying for updates
As much as I and the stubble, I can see that they don't want to deal with this shit after the male Viera thing. Also its kinda nice that the WoL for the trailers now has his own unique face

I'd say so. Seems like all the primal mounts are based on Chinese mythical creatures. We have Kirin, Hou'ou, Kyubi and now this will most likely be a dragon.

Wrong. The Black Wolve Gaius Van Baelsar was cool. Meme Shadow Hunter with GoT voice actor is absolute garbage.

AHHHH HOLY FUCK DRK 70 QUEST WAS REALLY FUCKING GOOD I THOUGHT YOU WERE ALL MEMEING.

I
TIRE
OF
THIS
CHARADE

We wouldn't joke about something that serious nigga

I take that over collecting stuff all over the map, maybe this gets people to finally do fates again

BRING BACK THE NIGHT

It's probably one of the most kino moments in the entire game.

>arr mounts on the year of the horse
>hw mounts on the year of the rooster
>sb mounts on the year of the dog
you DO know what our current year is, right?

make fates great again

It looks like shit. If that's the primal mount model then I can rest easy knowing I get to skip an entire expansion's worth of primal mount farming

>one new job quest >>>after completing the final quest of the main scenario

Attached: d65aa2c282957d3d0fde9e8979c62bcebe5aa9f5_80.png (530x298, 438K)

that gear im assuming the paladin is using looks great

Attached: 1557442278160.jpg (1125x1124, 82K)

Two reasons.
>Physics breaks at 94+ fps
>144/165hz players have an advantage with skill speed due to how the UI takes inputs on a per-frame basis

what gear pieces go with yanxian jew haori for the samurai look

FUCK I'M TOTALLY HYPED FOR SHB NOW

Lyna confirmed a TRUST in the French patchnotes.

Attached: a2e8d50460f49f4a3683bb013a982f22a6f8bd22_55.png (530x313, 269K)

The helmet alone sold me on the armor, shit looks mad cool
Better be dyeable

Guess I gotta finish leveling drk now

Attached: 1559739292909.png (201x270, 86K)

The idea behind the job quests this time is that you complete the 5.0 MSQ on the First, and then you return to the Source to find out what your job trainers have been up to while you were gone.

you get af and lv 80 skill after doing the rest

MYSTERY NIGGAS

Imagine if we actually do get warthogs though

That's a NIN.

>Bunny gets added to our harem
Excellent excellent

>MNK

Nice job invalidating your entire post retard

If Curious Gorge isn't somehow lost on the First during shadowbringers they are fucking doing it wrong.

Lyse 2.0

I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF HEALER GEAR ALL BEING EXACTLY THE SAME. EVERY SINGLE SET IS A GENERIC WHITE ROBE OR LONG DUSTER, EVERY HELMET IS JUST A HOOD OR FAGGOT HAT, ITS ALWAYS COMPLETELY UNINSPIRED

I've worn my Racial starting armor for SEVENTY LEVELS NOW because all the healer gear looks like the same boring fucking trash. Bonewicca is practically the only time Healers were allowed to have actual unique armor and that's because it was Design Contest armor

When you look at the enormous variety in style that tanks and dragoon get and then compare it to the healer armor you know exactly where there priorities lie

Fucking terrible. As if I needed more reason to switch roles

>want to main DRK
>want to give a DPS all the quest exp
This is a hard decision.... SAM DRK or MCH....

Well shit, what happens I can't reach the ilvl for the last dungeon and trial? I was able to do that with SB last job quests.

So is this right.
Lakeland - Mor Dhona
Kholusia - La Noscea
Amh Araeng - Thanalan
Il Mheg - Coerthas
Rak'tika Greatwood - Black Shroud

Pls let DNC use scouting gear

Already confirmed using aiming gear, moron.

We already know it's using aiming gear. Sorry friendo.

The level 80 skill and AF gear is not tied to the job quests. You get all your skills just by leveling this time.

You've got two years to level that DPS but only one chance to experience that MSQ kino. The choice is clear.

What about woad though

Shut the fuck up and just keep me alive healslut. Doesn’t matter what you look like you’re still the party’s bitch anyway.

Sorry nerd scouting is NIN exclusive

They realize 90% of their players are going to be glamming shi shi anyway, why spend the budget?

msq dungeon and trials have no ilv requirement retard, only expert dungeons

What the fuck is the yellow background? Is he a crafter? Is jomie gonna be making a table while you fight?

>SCAT SCAT SCAT SCAT SCAT CONTRARIAN SIX
>VS Rockbreaker, Howling Fist and Elixir Field
RDM aoe is shit.

This is literally a false statement and I don’t know why you think anyone would believe you.

He's BLM.

I'm guessing he is a guest who accompanies you no matter what.

>tfw they're adding in Myste's hair

Aiming, Striking, Fending, Healing, Casting, Scouting, Maiming

>No tank
>Mystery nigga gets yellow background
I assume that means they fill whatever role they can? That's pretty cool

we Sephiroth now.

Attached: seph.png (530x298, 277K)

Great.

They literally do not have iLvl requirements though, you can queue into the last SB dungeon with whatever fucking gear you want to.