Is Valkyria chronicles 1 worth getting?

Is Valkyria chronicles 1 worth getting?

Can i skip straight to 4 and not miss out on too much? If not, how do i get 2 and 3?

Attached: valk.png (1748x1240, 2.26M)

Do i have to bump with some titties or something?

Attached: twitchcon linebacker.webm (404x454, 1.5M)

Yeah 1 is pretty good. One of my favorite games desu.

The two stories are parallel to one another and take place at around the same time more or less so it doesn't really matter which one you play first.

Thank you based user!

You can skip straight to 4, its fine
theres a few references to the first game in it, though. nothing big, just a few nods to the stuff that takes place in the first game's story.
Play whichever one you want, personally i think the fourth game is way better and has some of the best characters in any game i've played recently except Riley she sucks I hate her

yes

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

VC1, VC3, and VC4 all take place during the same war but on different fronts. They aren't directly connected but you will see VC1 character cameos in both VC3 and VC4.
You can play any of these games first without missing much.

VC2 is a "sequel" game set after the events of the war that takes place during the first game.
VC2 and VC3 are psp titles while VC1 and VC4 are both available on modern consoles and PC.
VC3 was never localized but a passable fan translation does exist. It's also the best of the series currently so if you enjoy 4 or 1 make sure to give 3 a try.

thanks!

1 is still the best in overall presentation. The tone, characters, and flawed but novel gameplay make for a uniquely charming experience.
2 is trash. Skip it.
3 is good, but a Japan-only PSP game. It can be emulated and there is a fan translation. Gameplay is arguably better than 1, but is also gimped by small map sizes due to platform limitations. The story/tone is divisive.
Revolution is trash. Skip it.
4 is the first true sequel, being a full console release with gameplay tweaks, but still fails to address many of the basic balance issues that have existed since the first game.

You can't marry Minerva or Kai in VC4. I hate SEGA.

Attached: 1552885779511m.jpg (1024x576, 81K)

kai is for your bro, he's the ass man

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

>Can i skip straight to 4 and not miss out on too much?
Yes, there is a single DLC where the cast of 1 meets up with 4 but it's entirely optional and won't ruin your enjoyment of the game or even the DLC if you don't know who they are.

Also, never EVER watch the anime.

Noted, not like i watch anime anyway any more.

The corset has me confused if she's chubby or just swole.

Attached: her.webm (1280x532, 1.14M)

Everything wrong with 1 is present in 4. Fundamentally they both offer the same rich tactical experience of trying your best to cheese levels in the fastest and most unsatisfying way possible.

>Everything wrong with 1 is present in 4

The bosses are better designed.

Attached: 2GziGwH.jpg (1920x1080, 328K)

Actually the VC3 OVAs are decent.
The only VC anime worth looking at.

Attached: 018.webm (1000x562, 2.96M)

Did V4 do well enough to not kill the franchise?

VC4 was a bomb

I really need to get around to VC3

Attached: 16289416_p0.jpg (750x750, 210K)

I love the VC3 platoon so much.
Though I though Annika was a boy until her squad chapter.

>Is

VC4 is not like VC3.

Only play the first