Why is Evo considered a big, important tournament again?

Why is Evo considered a big, important tournament again?

Attached: evotweet.jpg (3239x1184, 528K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nagEuDMICYs
youtu.be/My_ioXBqZ4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What retards, if rules are broken by both you either rematch or DQ both.

it isn't

never is, was, or will be

That parry tho...

I hear mr wizard makes the best butthash.

Where's the bigger one?

Mr Wizard is trash

How am I wrong? Unless whatever rule was broken didn't warrant a DQ

Smash players have Joe and everyone else in the FGC at their wits end so they basically treat them like the adhd kids in the daycare

For those who don't know what this is about.

Evo has a rule saying very clearly "No coaching allowed in top 16. If you receive coaching, it's an automatic DQ"

HBox vs SFAT - After game 1, Crunch comes straight on stage and is blatantly coaching HBox, giving him all these pointers. Commentators see it, and immediately understand they're violating the rules, but nothing happens.
After game 2, SFAT's coach comes onto the stage to have a laugh and give fake advice to make fun EVO for blatantly missing coaching in the previous round.

After the set is over, the fat idiot Mr Wizard says HBox "would've" been disqualified if SFAT's coach didn't come on stage, and then went onto say the result stands because "both players cheated".

The tweet is a copout for a top player receiving privilege. One player had someone coach him midset which was banned. Someone else decided to blatantly meme next to the other player. In order to not dq hbox he considered the unrelated memer a coach.

G$ is not sfats coach. The smash community has a history of meming when hbox gets coaching midset.

Pretty batlant favoring them, should just DQ the box dude or rematch.

What a fucking joke, Evo is run by actual clowns

Attached: 1552780946644.jpg (866x607, 46K)

Prize pools.

He's too busy playing Splat & Goo in the hotel room to bother enforcing rules.

The rules they broke were insignificant. It was coaching. Basically someone walking up to you and talking to you about the game. If it was something else it would make sense.

Ironic coaching is still coaching.

To be fair Wizard wasn’t born yesterday, he knows that letting Hbox go further in his tournaments means less hype for Smash.

So? What was stopping a TO from coming in and DQing HBox the very moment Crunch came on stage in front of literally thousands of people?

Evo incompetence

stinky

Smash controversy thread? What did you guys think of the Fortune incident?

youtube.com/watch?v=nagEuDMICYs

Jesus christ

4 or the top 5 largest smash tournaments of all time are EVOs. It also has brand appeal. Evo is much like the Olympics where everyone pretends to care about fighting games when it happens, much like people pretending to care about professional swimming or figure skating when the Olympics roll around. EVO was the only smash tournament that had at smash "announcement" at it. The rule set may be trash, but it has weight to it.

McRibs wouldn't exist without EVO

how is that rule insignificant? your opponent could have a tell that you aren't catching onto because you're focused on the match but if you're told to watch for it it gives you a huge advantage.

Small kek

Wizzy's a fag

Attached: __ayane_kasumi_nyotengu_and_ryu_hayabusa_evolution_championship_series_and_etc_drawn_by_joe_shimamur (2100x1731, 3.9M)

This kid was the worst of them all.

giggled

Two wrongs don't make a right Wiz

>Actually arguing

Just play the fucking game

everyone trying to be the next diego moment 69

>Those crows feet

MOMMY

>how is that rule insignificant?
Because it's only recently introduced and usually advice is universal and related to what you are doing wrong in the matchup rather than an opponent exploiting some gimmick weakness that is purely strategic in nature and not executional. Their is massive precedent for people telling you what you are doing wrong in the FGC, usually it doesn't amount to much.

It's run by disconnected business men who give no fucks about the genre and are too cheap to rent a bigger venue/have it last more than a weekend.

What happened? Did the players break the Core Values of FGC?

The tournament is, even if Joey is a retard

>tournament is the biggest tournament solely because it's an open tournament with the largest registered entrants
>wiz does stupid shit
>capcom does stupid shit
>tournament bleeds entrants
Not the biggest tournament for long. It was already coasting on prestige when other sponsorship heavy tournaments have been worth more money than evo for nearly a decade.

I kinda stopped caring about EVO. Like it's become too corporate for my liking such as games being advertised as mainstage games even before they're released.
Hopefully CEO this weekend should be good.

Do you even understand what's going on?

I’ll give it up.

See Except the guy wasn't even SFAT's coach, just a spectator having fun.

Wouldn't it be the fault of whatever TO was present? Not necessarily Mr Wiz?

Who do you think is in charge of the TOs? Or the tournament for that matter? Would that guy not have an obligation to admit there was a fuckup? Rather than embarrassingly announce the result stands because "both players cheated"?

Since this is the Melee thread
youtu.be/My_ioXBqZ4U
Does anyone happen to know the source of the clip at 3:56?

This

Those aren't melee players

Why does this fat idiot run Evo? That's the better question.

Is it?

yes