Risk of Rain

Updated today, get in here

Attached: risk_of_rain_from_my_dick.png (666x666, 28K)

New orange item

Attached: New use item.webm (800x450, 2.8M)

NA West lobby open

Alright, so I kept getting overrun as Rex when fighting bosses because he's so fucking slow. The strat I finally figured out was to let all the small enemies clump up and use my R on them, let them live in the brap barn while I harvest them, and use that constant health regen to spam right clicks on the boss. It's working out so far

Attached: 1558490860252.gif (294x213, 518K)

Is artificer the most broken character? He feels so strong compared to the rest.

>barely faster than moving normally
Unless it scales with movement speed items that's pretty useless.

>he
and no, artificer fuckin sucks dude
strongest character is engi by far

Man, I'm going to love-hate REX for a while.
The more I get better at him, the more I realize the flaws.
Anyone with this feel?

Attached: 1556676143835.jpg (400x288, 26K)

IT'S A USE ITEM YOU FUCK

I don't understand why some people are calling REX shit. Are they struggling with the HP management somehow?

>get brittle crown as rex
>can't buy chests anymore

Attached: 1551378874086.jpg (480x419, 18K)

The HP management is not the struggle
It's the mobility they're struggling with.
He's RoR2 Acrid. He's slow and needs time to get used to.
I still think he's a bit too item dependent though.

Try thinking about how Rex and the crown work first, Einstein.

hes strong but it's so easy to get stuck and fucked because you're slow and it's difficult to get the right momentum with the push cannon.

how many minutes in do you guys quit a godly run?
im at 138 mins stage 27

>First run as REX
>Get a single backup mag, a medkit, a tougher times and some gasoline
>Absolutely fucking annihilate the new groverkeeper boss in ten seconds
>Fucking obliterate beetle guards and stone golems in less than four
There's no way hoopo intended this m1m2m1 with a SINGLE backup mag attack canceling gimmick and I fully expect it to be bugfixed within a month

I never picked up the crown before so I didnt know what it did

>It's the mobility they're struggling with.
Maybe it's my TF2 experience talking here, but his Shift is fine in my book. He's not as mobile as Merc or Huntress and it's not as simple to use as Commando or Mul-T, but I'm loving the manual control for it.

He's super item reliant, but when everything comes together, his synergies become insane. However, this ends up making him a poor choice in multiplayer since he's so item hungry. He needs mobility, all the good AoE damage items, Syringes and Glasses, and even healing to offset the health loss from using his skills. It's not too hard to build up one aspect of him, but getting a full kit isn't really feasible without very good luck and printers.

When it does all come together, his R basically becomes a proc nuke, his M1 becomes Commando's, and his M2 when finally spammable will outright obliterate anything. Still, having it all on everybody else also results in a God.

Do goodly runs actually keep giving items now?

>late game, several loops
>have lunars to spare
>whynot.wav
>buy a few just to see how they work
>brittle crown
>hellfire tincture
>drowned
>immediately slowly burn to death with no means to prevent it because the fire keeps eating up my money i'd be using to buy a different use item
G fucking G, mate.

>Doing the rex achievement with friends
>One of them blows himself up on a health shrine
>Keep going, run goes for nearly 3 hours
>Start another quick one so he can get rex before we quit for the night
>he blows himself up again after forgetting not to use the shrine hours later

Attached: 1429549590117.jpg (1157x772, 63K)

It at least carries the early levels but I'm skeptical how much that gimmick works when you're in the later stages
Then again, if you get a train of mobs following you and just plop down a root flower it would probably just be more of the same

Brilliant work user.

US Monsoon

What does backup mag even do for him? Isn't his m2 already a 1 sec cooldown?

The drop from the Grovekeeper is fucking tits. If you have a run build you WILL rape everything.

Yes, thats the point
A single backup mag means his m2 effectively doesn't have a cooldown at all because by the time your second one is released the first has recharged
Your m1 attack cooldown resets when you use your m2 as well, and the m2 is instantaneous
So m1m2m1 means you can attack cancel your m1 into an instant m2 into an instant m1 into an instant m2 into an instant m1 into an instant m2
You're firing both abilities faster than if you had just fired one with 15 syringes, and the m2 does fucking huge damage
The only drawback is the self damage, which with even a few basic whites can be easily mitigated, especially if you just root three enemies in your bog pit
I killed a dunestrider with only 34% into the teleporter event on stage two, its fucking absurd single target damage because the m1 also reduces armor
Its nutty

get in here

Attached: 1535240716345.gif (500x500, 787K)

Who hostin

Everything is super item reliant, how are people still making posts like this months later

do you think orange is legendary?

somehow im able to get my guillotine buff doubled
is it because of the new lunar use item? im culling enemies at ~70% hp (the white bar is up there too)

I SAID WHO'S FUCKING HOSTING

I AM!
US West

Attached: 1526241608545.png (700x500, 59K)

>game is dropping to 8fps now
alright guess its time to obliterate myself

How are you still godly after he nerfs?

What a REX need:
Bandoliers
Hooves
Feathers
An Afterburner

Now you can focus on damage

So are we getting another update in August or what?

Attached: 1557616228700.jpg (1920x1080, 415K)

NEED ONE MORE

Probably late July

>Probably late July
>First content update comes out in 3 months
>Thinks next one comes out in half a month

user, please.

NA West

Attached: 1554411933756.jpg (1668x2388, 991K)

Sorry mate, stopped moving all of a sudden and just died.

It's all good.
are we joining ?

Do you get anything for killing Aurelionite yet?

early september

lets go. NA/East

believe they're full

man you people are fast

lobby broke, trying again

I'm thinking middle/late August for max amount of people before school starts up again. Then again I'm not sure if zoomers play this game.

Attached: 1550010079021.png (800x600, 46K)

american midwest

damage get nerfed? no problem!
just get clover and perma tonic buff
youll be back to slaying aliens in no time!

Attached: 155501528467.png (1698x752, 786K)

Should I do it, lads?

Attached: 20190626003551_1.jpg (2560x1440, 559K)

Anyone got the textlines for the new items?

Attached: 1530143067831s.jpg (249x249, 8K)

inb4 50 keys

>unlocked rex
>can be bothered to play more
Ah well, it was a good 60 hours of fun.

5 and you do it

>giant gang of 5+ stone golems as rex
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1557159464623.png (719x713, 587K)

I did it anyway
Party time

Attached: 20190626004134_1.jpg (2560x1440, 515K)

lol rip

Attached: 20190626004246_1.jpg (2560x1440, 233K)

thats what you get for fucking with lmaoians

I really like the new music. I dont like how they didnt really add much of anything else.

Attached: 1552774936626.png (239x235, 92K)

psa: do not pick the car

Attached: risky car.png (1918x1078, 1.4M)

hey buddy if you're still here give me your discord i got special connections with the literally bro-tier admins and i can get you unbanned

>5 shaped glass
>2 tesla coils
>Topaz shields and teddy bears on top of all my other items

I'm fucking invincible.

>motherfucking chaingunners are in Risk of Rain 2 now
Hopoo what the fuck

Attached: 1542073649796.gif (512x512, 601K)

>clayman are back
>and they are ripped as fuck

buyable vehicles soon survivor

c-car?

Because not everyone is reliant to the same degree, dingus. Engie can wreck house with barely any items, and Artificer/Huntress can handle themselves decently thanks to their decently high base damage. On the other hand, survivors like Merc and Rex are fucking DUMPSTER tier without loads of items but become strong as fuck with them.

If you beat him before any beacons require a second payment, he deems you worthy to fight by his side in future boss battles

How's the new Frost Relic lategame? I haven't seen it yet.

Damn dude holy shit, you should probably talk to hopoo himself about that blatant corrupt-modfaggotry.

Clay templars are fucking brutal, i love it
Legit had to hide behind the little walls on scorched grove like a cawadooty game while they suppressed me down

stop leaving when you die cowards

>he hasnt unlocked the car

Attached: car.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

So getting juice and cooldown items is stright up broken
also plants late game crowd control is fucking amazing

Attached: 20190625215819_1.jpg (1920x1080, 277K)

So, digging through the files, while Bandit didn't get updated, HAND did. Instead of useless laser, HAND shoots out a meathook with odd properties. It hones in on enemies, though said enemy could be any of them on the map. He generally lacks sounds, and he also has some sort of self-buff. Playing as him gives me a really tanky feel despite how much shit is raining on me, so I think Shift either increases healing or gives damage resistance.

does ramming into enemies hurt them?

so the first hint was a tree that ended up in a forest kind of level, what could the feather be? a flying/bird character?
I hope the shell is a water level, now that would be fuckin nice

i was really hoping risk of rain 2 would go on sale. i know its still early access but still

No it does nothing and you can't attack and get stuck in things but its really really funny haha! I love picking it in lobbies with other people who are just trying to play the game and laughing my ass off at... well its a CAR! in risk of rain!!! Its hilarious!

>Backup mags
>Brainstalks
>Huge stack of topaz
ez

I hope its a sky world
would be comfy

>leave RoR2 idle
>GPU is running at 80 degrees Celsius and is doing 100% load
What the fuck? Is this game unoptimized and leaking memory?

american midwest

Do the new chests only give you white items or something?
I keep opening healing chests thinking I'll get something nice like scythe or leeching seeds and all I get are fungi and medikits.

Why won't they allow Transcendence to be good on even ONE character? It would have been nice for it to work on rex.

salty nigger

Attached: 1536108222361.gif (138x132, 37K)

The items that go onto this robot is adorable

Attached: Antlers.png (1910x1046, 1.99M)

What items are even for shield? I feel like they forgot to add those in.

The robot in general is adorable.

>REX literally requires you to git gud
I thought his M1 and M2 were shit, but when I finally understood his kit I felt like a retard.
You still need mobility items though

>the absolute state of stickies now

Attached: stcks.png (492x243, 110K)

I wonder what the v meta will be like once the game is out for good.

It's so shit, I'm angry about what to pick up. Fucking stacking gasoline now.

thoughts of survivor changes?

Attached: file.png (736x457, 61K)

So does this mean we shouldn't be picking up multiple stickies now? What's the point of that?

>Turret Base Damage to 16
What did they mean by that?

gasoline + wisp has always been fucking great desu.

Attached: 1546289152443.jpg (399x382, 99K)

He's still good, trust me, I played him earlier.
Hopoo can't kill him without drastic measures. Engineer still supreme in surviving.

I wonder when discord trannies will fuck off

If you get a ton of them they still apply a ton of times on MULT and commando
They just won't ALSO each individually do 10k damage, while ALSO each individually critting 4 times over

that was so fucked hahaha

new game btw

t. pink name tranny

horizontally yeah, but its great if you or a teammate don't have a lot of vertical mobility

>the two bulbs on the flower looking like eyes
he's the best

na/east

They should've given it a 10% base chance if they were going to nerf the damage so hard, or just reduce the amount of damage gained per stack. Completely taking out the damage stacking and lowering the base damage is fucking dumb and makes it pretty useless.

Oh, so there's no more additive damage in the game then? Like, bigger individual numbers?

some of my older mods arent working anymore, and im ESPECIALLY IN NEED for this one to work, can anyone help?

Attached: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.png (634x962, 864K)

What the FUCK is going on?

Attached: Brittle Crown.png (1920x1080, 1.16M)

I'm a brainlet, what is the difference between the old percentage values and "total damage" values?

Providence from an alternate timeline is taunting you

Providence's older bro is gonna come visit

Dying planets with species, so Providence said "I'm going to save them all and put them on this one planet, nothing can go wrong! Btw, you're not allowed to leave either"
>Spaceship delivery service with items which is where are survivors are passes by, it also apparently has one of the planet teleporters in it.
"Fuck, my 'children' will escape, I gotta fix this"
>RoR1 happens

That's basically what I got from this entry.

According to the patch notes, the old percentage values used some kind of overly complicated calculation to decide how much damage the items did, and the new "total damage" one just takes a percentage of whatever damage you deal.
So if you deal 10 damage and proc Ukelele, the lightning will deal 8 damage. Not sure what the old calculation was.

rex is ok

Hmm, I think I see. I guess what confuses me are things like Commando's double tap doing 2x90%, and then the Uke does 80% of that? Like what the fuck is the ACTUAL number?

How do ya get Rex

That's the discord mod. Get it on their mod site.

Small time. This one is what I'm most looking forward to an explanation.

Attached: Transcendence.png (1126x670, 557K)

take back panel off of escape pod
take it to lava zone and give it to rex at top of the level
if you get below 50% hp the thing blows up and kills you good luck

it's not too hard to understand user
>I hope you (the survivor) do not understand (that you're in a game)

Feels like a "videogame character is self-aware" trope. Like, some character realizes that he's only an idea and has to be in a videogame in order to continue existing.

Not 100% true, it deals damage to you, but you can survive if you have crazy healing/shield/etc. I accidentally blew one up and survived because of my items.

They aded more music to the game :D

I got a scyte from them so i guess the chance is the same as normal common chests

Each shot of double tap does 90% of what one shot from suppressive fire would do, since suppressive does 100%, or base damage.
So if base damage is 10, double tap does two 9 damage shots and ukelele does 7 damage.
It's honestly not worth thinking about unless you intend on speedrunning or something, just click on the aliens and let the math happen. It would be pretty nice if there was a UI element that clearly showed you what your base damage was though.

Attached: gmagik.gif (256x201, 518K)

Attached: Oh fug.png (777x658, 40K)

Fuck. Thanks for your helping me understand anyway, user.

>1 new enemy
that fucking sucks

new boss and new gunner guy, as well as a new type of elite enemies. its only the first update in a series of many.

In terms of the expected value:
Lens: 10% damage per lens, great synergies with scythe and predatory instincts
Old stickies: ~125% damage per sticky when you hit 39 stickies, technically a little worse due to proc coefficients on a number of attacks
Nu stickies: ~4% damage per sticky, same cons as above

In short nu stickies have been nerfed like crazy to the point being able to trade in 25 stickies for 10 lens would be an extremely good deal if you didn't have any crit. They are useless now and you're better off building syringe, or topax and rely on greens to do damage.

and new elite variant those toxic mofos.

US East Monsoon

They basically made stickies as useless as they were in RoR1

Personal trainers HATE him!
Gain 50+ pounds in 2 months thanks a revolutionary tar-based supplement!

Attached: claytemplar.png (588x519, 261K)

they only spawn in 1-2 stages, you almost never see them

Technically 3. There's a new boss, a new enemy and a new late-game elite.
I was pretty disappointed at first, but these new enemies are fucking brutal so maybe it's a blessing in disguise we didn't get too many new enemies.

>wants to buy game
>gearbox publishing
hahahahah na

>killing the gilded coast titan without reactivating the beacons
any tips?

The idea is nice, but it feels like just another chaingun variant we've seen since Doom. I'd rather they brought back regular clay melee men who are more agile than lemurians or beetles. tl;dr I don't like these chain clay dudes they're too derivative.

You didn't hear this from me but drizzle

>Technically 3
no, elites are just variants of existing enemies

mod seems to not work, and i have no clue how to mod this game, out of luck i guess

ok
noone asked

how do I git gud?

collect lunar coins
spend them
play huntress/arti
run and gun
works until you miss a dodge

>huntress/arti
cringe

Try not to spend more than four minutes a stage.
Get _____lucky_____

I main Huntress, and you do not need to git gud to play as her. Huntress' AoE is fucking stupid, all you really need to make her work is a couple backup mags and some mobility.

This. I hate to say she's easy modo, but she's easy modo.

Is it just me or are overloading enemies overtuned?

>frame rate is uncapped
>user is shocked when hardware tries to render as many frames as it can
based retard

Stickies were grossly overpowered for a white item and scaled far too well
being upset at them being nerfed is the same as throwing a tantrum because you can't be carried for minimal effort any more

>Get two hardlight afterburners

Attached: FEEL THE SPEED.webm (640x360, 723K)

According to the Brittle Crown entry.
There's suppose to be a whole civilization of Clayman which were regular people called Dunepeople, I guess.
So if the Templar are like military, and the Clayman from RoR1 are regular people or something.
What the fuck are Dunestriders, how did they get so big, where did they come from? The wildlife?
Man this lore goes deeper.

they were overpowered but the nerf was too brutal

this map is hell for low mobility runs, some areas don't have jump pads

They're METAL GEAR but sentient/ai

>these merc changes
>oh cool, he might not get instafucked by the first blazing now
>stage 4 boss is overloading contraptions
>by the time I've worn through their shield they're a mile in the air and they regen completely as they float down
welp back to engi I guess

Yeah this rebalance was for the better. Now late game Monsoon runs aren't made or broken on your sticky count.
I imagine Dunestriders are like their Metal Gears.
Fug you

A POT THAT SURPASSES CLAY GEAR

>series of many
That we'll get slowly over the course of a year?

still going to one shot you if you land wrong in aquaduct near a pot

So was 1 sticky OP because now they're also worse at one stack.

I feel like they changed the spawn scaling system. I'm getting way more elite mob variant bosses. Elite golems, elite wisps, elite Contraptions, etc.

>1 spinel tonic
>1 gesture of the drowned
>3 fuel cells
>mfw
You can just go for 2 gestures too of you want and disregard the cells
This is so fucking easy, and makes you so fucking strong. I can't believe this is allowed.

Attached: 1559759436258.gif (360x276, 2.42M)

Maybe they're the gods they worship.

Buddy, you know they were broken, don't try to claim otherwise

based retard

I've noticed the same thing and I can't fucking stand it

Since Clayman lore becoming more interesting
What clayman type enemies would you put into the game?

Attached: heng-z-2.jpg (1920x1115, 434K)

NA west host when?

>Commando, survivor "high on tonic" fights off 15 beetle guards while masturbating

Just regular clay men
>Fast
>Agile
>Hit and run style

na west

Drink the Tonic, gaining a boost for 15 seconds. Increases damage by +100%. Increases attack speed by +70%. Increases armor by +20. Increases maximum health by +50%. Increases passive health regeneration by +300%. Increases movespeed by +30%.

When the Tonic wears off, you have a 20% chance to gain a Tonic Affliction, reducing all of your stats by -5% (-5% per stack)

whew lad tonic is op the downsides are just 5%

gonna get nerfed I assume so I better use this quickly to do the gilded coast shit

just don't let it wear off, GotD will take care of that

>When the Tonic wears off
You mean if, also drinking more tonic negates all downsides
All you need to do is reduce the cooldown from 60 to

how do I do deicide?

play on monsoon

i mean how do i survive long enough to get a elite boss you fuckwad

Sounds like Providence has a brother, and he's gonna come over and whip his big fat dick out and slap you the fuck out with it.

there is this neat little trick that you do
what it is, is you git gud

I was pulling your leg, buddy. play engi

MONSOON HOST WHEN

Attached: the funny minion.png (298x300, 199K)

Holy fuck the claymen are so damn strong and the Malachite enemies are fucking terrifying. Is there a malachite version of every enemy? I've only seen wisps. Anyone know what the Aurelionite unique drop is yet? Is it actually worth doing now?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but nu-arti with feathers is fun

Not having to tank fall damage feels pretty good. The hover is surprisingly great at dodging stuff too.

>increase damage by 100% for 15 seconds
This and the fact that glasses still stack linearly makes HUD pretty much garbage

Aurelionite drop causes another Aurelionite to spawn and fight for you on every teleporter.

So, yes.

>gets hit while hovering and flies out of the map at mach 4

How do I edit my save again? I can't be assed with these other requirements for items.

The glide feels great.

>mfw seeing those initial merc changes with extra i-frames
>mfw Tonic with the usual fuel cells, gesture, and hardlight afterburner

Attached: AND IT WILL FLOW.webm (480x368, 1.99M)

The hover is pretty much exactly what I wanted for arti. Bravo hopoo

New character seems pretty meh, like I can see them being strong but like, I don't mind old character but I still want old ones like Enforcer and Sniper

I've seen Malachite Contraptions and someone posting Elder Lumerians here. I'm pretty sure everything that can spawn as a horde has a malachite version.

>Aurelionite drop causes another Aurelionite to spawn and fight for you on every teleporter.
Yeah that sounds pretty good. Much better than getting one fucking knurl.
Why do the stone golems knock you so far back.
>Malachite Elder Lumerians
Holy fuck I hope I never run into that. So bosses can't be Malachite then? Or is it just nobody has seen one yet?

early access game. if you dont like an incomplete game, why did you buy one?

Anything can have any affix.

host when?

When is it worth it to charge Artifier's M2?

Feels like uncharged M2's have more impact, especially when you can get them out faster with backup mags.

So what does malachite actually do?
I've seen the spiky shit, but it doesn't deal damage when I walk over it.
Also, how many elite types are there right now anyway? I've seen yellow elder lemuriums before, but as far as I know, frenzied enemies aren't in the game.

malachite jellyfish look pretty rad.

It puts a debuff on you that makes you unable to heal for what feels like a really long time. The spikes also apply it and they 100% do damage, you must have blocked it. The malachite enemies have a fuckton of health as well.

>unironically using the garbage discord mod
why, it just looks shit

>artificer
Great. She's actually enjoyable to play now. Floating around is fun and helps her stand out from just being burst-damage commando without a roll

>merc
Good. Didn't really feel all that diffent when playing, but I suppose he's more safe now?

>engie
Eh.

>mul-t
Literally just there to make him not able to get REX, despite the fact that the fuel cell still explodes in his off-slot normally anyway.

>huntress
Good. Arrow rain being stubby was always a big problem of hers, now she can hit vagrant at least.

rex is underpowered as fuck. no damage.
also, brittle crown bricks the character. nice.

Attached: 1415347668220.png (177x200, 69K)

Brittle crown bricks every character, it's a fucking garbage item.

gimme host

NA west coast
hard mode: rex only

Attached: 1528695453601.gif (480x360, 1.98M)

when is transcendence ever worth it?

>survivor designed around lifesteal release
>wake of vultures is still a deathtrap that takes away half your health

Attached: 1529655493735.png (180x204, 27K)

glass cannon characters that don't expect a lot of healing like huntress and mercenary benefit from it the most i think

In my opinion, MUL-T. He has the quickest, easiest way to dip from any fight to recharge shields, and he's already the highest health character, so trans adds even more to that.

>Art hover
fucking fun and great
>Art Crosshair
feels weird as fuck desu but i'll get used to it I guess
>Merc I-frames and lingering I-frames
Merc's difficulty floor was lowered since his I-frames made it so that the timing for avoiding shit is less strict. Good change for shitters, only somewhat noticeable for mercfags
>Blinding assault
QoL buff, but it seems like it might also be a bugfix/buff to how it interacts with hardlight afterburner
>Engie
doesn't change shit tier
>MUL-T
cute but it's a pretty blatant band-aid for preventing people from cheesing the new character's unlock using his equipment change
>Arrow Rain
good change, now it's an actual arrow rain

It literally doesn't. It hasn't for at least a month.

does rex get fucked with transcendence

t. absolute shitter
brittle crown is easily within the top 5 most op items in the game

They fixed you starting with 0 shields. They didn't change the "takes away half your health and turns it into shields" part. You can't lifesteal shields back

yes
haven't tried myself but some user said it still fucks with your health

[2/4]
get in here niggies

Attached: 1559129592278.jpg (678x772, 55K)

i know you dont have anything better faggot

charge it when you need the big dick damage like for bosses, or if you're doing a long ranged shot to hit a large group of enemies similar to how you can aim the BFG for multiple targets

don't charge it if you just need to quickly kill trash mobs

this, paired with the crowdfunder and you'll be gold
just dont get hit

[3/4]
one more let's go

Attached: 1541494832561.png (750x730, 470K)

that's nothing man
pair it with fireworks and you can just ignore the price of any and all chests and drones, because you can easily gain money by opening chests that way

Rex is easily OP.

Hilarious how you baddies are sleeping in him, he’s by far the strongest survivor atm. They shit out damage like crazy and has a built in black hole.

The secret is you need to not be a little bitch with your hp. Right click is 15% of current hp, not max. You can spam that shit if your R is up. It does a fuckload of damage.

All of your healing is already healing over time, you should never be at full hp, TAKE CORPSEBLOOM. Do not take more than one since it stacks like total dogshit, but a single corpsebloom means you can spam right click as often as possible and never stop as long as you have things to use R on or other healing.

Dont take glass, you dont fuckin need it. Right click is your built in glass. Glass builds only work because of the 1 shot prevention, you do not get that luxury because you aren't ever at full hp.

Game doesn't open at all for me. I just get a black screen and I can't alt tab or anything, so I have to turn my computer off. Anyone else?

engi is pretty trash especially now that he got nerfed, merc currently has the best scaling and with few right items he can wreck aurelionite in less than a second, as long as he doesn't get hit

how fast should I be progressing on monsoon? I need to find that balance between getting the fuck out and sticking around for more chests

summer 2020

still open, starting soon if nobody joins.

Attached: 1532047765155.jpg (480x468, 20K)

>flying/bird character?
No, user. Flying/bird enemies.

Blast through it as fast as possible until legendary chests start spawning. Then start farming shit.

It'll be ready in the end of July but then they'll send it to Gearbox QA until August 25th to catch every possible bug!

are you an absolute newfag and haven't seen Yea Forumss huntress and arti mods?

this is why discord is bad

>buys early access
>complains

based fucking retard

starting. you disappoint me Yea Forums.

I hate this fucking chaingun nigger they added.

Attached: 1417668725381.jpg (250x333, 20K)

How is the item rebalancing in this new update? Are sticky bombs still competent?

Attached: D3ax3RrUwAES97Z.jpg (1300x866, 158K)

Sticky bombs were far and away the best item in the game, now they're just okay.

Well alright then. With crits being rebalanced, how does Commando fare now? Since he used to be a crazy proc machine.

Sticky bombs are shit. First sticky does 9% average damage, and the efficiency per item goes down afterwards to 4.6% at 39 stacks.

Speaking of those mods, someone update the queen's gland mod to the new patch

>rex is underpowered as fuck. no damage.
He literally does the most damage. Spam the fuck out of the mortar.

I feel like it's especially fucked up since now huntress, mercenary, and to an extent engineer are outranged by the chaingunner and in some situations have no choice but to tank the damage in open areas.

This, anyone who says Rex is bad literally needs to git gud at RoR2.

Huntress queens gland is fucked and needs significant repairing. Artificer queens gland is getting some stuff added due to the new jetpack features.

>when I open this chest you're going to see some serious shit.

Artificer is precisely as item hungry as Mercenary, or at least was before this update.

I define a survivor's item hunger based on how many items are must-have tier that they share with other survivors.

Any ETA on when Artificer is done?

you guys ever notice that in ror1 the planet is in the foreground with the moon behind it and both of them are whole while in 2 the moon is upfront and both of them are torn the fuck up

Attached: watched for ages.png (786x301, 376K)

for reference

Attached: planet and moon.png (186x121, 18K)

So Rex is significantly stronger than all other classes

Nice balance, shitpoo

Somewhat soon. I've got other stuff I'm busy with, but you can check in on the /vg/ threads if they're still around. Yea Forums threads are more for videogame playing.

those mods dont work on the latest update retard

Holy fuck can Rexchads be stopped, same as Artigods pre buff?

so arti is great now?

I want parents and children, those glowing people things. They were cool

Eh, not a fan of /vg/, but I guess I'll keep an eye on that thread.
Do you have somewhere else where you post updates? Like Twitter?

Arti was already great and is now easier than pre-nerf Mul-T. Just never stop hovering and the game plays itself

Nah, I'm just a hobbyist doing this for fun. Had less time to get into things as of late, though. I got an image of what I have so far up on the /vg/ thread.

ARTIFICER.
Because she is always going to be running away and chucking bombs at things, and will never not want Shaped Glass because of her obscene %s and Transcendence is one of the best defenses against Shaped Glass' detrimental effect.

The new formulas favor her higher damage per hit.

and people still somehow think he's shit.

The people that think Rex is bad are the same people that main Huntress, prove me wrong.

Maybe you should set up something in case the /vg/ thread dies again.
Even if you're just a hobbyist, having a place to have your up to date mods accessible at any time would be great.

Is Merc the only one who's complete and working yet?

I should really get around to making a small pastebin. My original idea with posting the raw unity files won't work because there isn't a guarantee that what works today will work after the next update.

They have to be. They need to be playing a character with 2 get out of jail free cards to not die, so a character that uses health to attack is the worst thing in the game to them.

A pastebin would work just as well, yeah.

>give Merc more invincibility in the same patch the new elite bastards come in
Maybe I'm just unlucky or bad, but it's not helping against Malachite assholes.

U.S. west, Monsoon. East coast welcome.

have merc and mul-t been indirectly nerfed with the new proc system?

>monsoon actually difficult now
What the fuck

Everyone has been.

3/4

Indeed. Monsoon is definitely living up to its name thanks to the proc changes. A true challenge.

everyone except artificer

Does Blackout require you to basically 1-shot Aurenionite? The heck do you do that?

Attached: barks.jpg (524x468, 73K)

In what world are you living in?

lobby up again
[1/4]

Attached: burd.gif (120x89, 28K)

>anons thinking REX is either busted or shit
I can't really figure out what to make of him, he's so weird

The real one

drizzle

[2/4] get the fuck in here

Attached: p.png (1000x1000, 483K)

Are the guys thinking that REX is busted or good the same guys that sperged out that artificer was good before?

based retarded fencesitter

Can't tell if it's the new nerfs, more difficult mobs or shitty players that has returned, but MP is wiping more often than usual.

Somebody give me a quick rundown on Malachite elites.

He literally deletes everything with the mortar and one backup mag. He does so much damage that you don't even need shaped glass.

Wandering Vagrant should be removed from the game, prove me wrong.

Attached: Wandering_Faggot.png (256x256, 18K)

Except he doesn't even do much damage.

>the final update on the roadmap has a shattered planet for an icon

G-GUYS

still 2/4 stop jerking off to cunny and get in the fucking lobby

Attached: 1504156682056.jpg (599x563, 50K)

agree

Attached: 1554826565335.jpg (569x599, 191K)

He's definitely busted. Issue is you gotta be not shit at the game to use him properly.

I FUCKING KNEW THE SOUNDTRACK WAS PLACEHOLDER FUCK YES

He can literally kill a boss on monsoon in about 5 seconds but alright.

>still 2/4 stop jerking off to cunny and get in the fucking lobby
Fuck you.

A survivor who is literally just a pottery dude with a mini kiln who now finds his calling in life by creating his own clay killing machines.

Monsoon doesn't boost enemy hp or defense

>outing yourself as a retard.

waiting on queens gland mod desu

can grovetenders spawn outside of acres? I've seen the minigunners in abandoned aqueduckt at least
any tips for him?

Literal samefag

Just stand behind it you fucking idiots

no tho

Uncheked trips

[2/4] JOIN YOU FUCKS

Attached: jdi.gif (400x383, 1.02M)

>thinks 450% damage with no cooldown isn't a lot of damage
>I'm the retard
Monsoon makes the bosses harder sooner and he shreds them like its fucking nothing.
Backup mag is super broken on him since it basically lets you always be shooting mortars out. The R continues healing you even if the enemies in it die so don't worry about killing them. Mortar has infinite range and your knockback skill is actually good mobility if you can get used to using it.

fine you dumb nig let me boot the game

yeah have fun spamming his RMB and getting one-shot by anything that looks at you

won't spamming mortar kill you?

[3/4] ONE MORE REX AND WE GOT A FULL-ON HENTAI PARTY TO GO.

Attached: zone.gif (600x600, 344K)

>just spam this attack that will kill you on a character with barely no mobility xD

>any tips for him?
Not a whole lot besides use his M2 and R pretty much whenever they come up. M2 and R are based off your current HP% instead of your max HP%, so it's a lot safer to use them liberally than you might think, and you really should be using those skills often. Shift is actually pretty good but it takes a little getting used to. I got into it pretty quickly, probably because I'm used to somewhat similar movement mechanics in TF2 with explosives jumping, but it also doubles as a highly effective tool to just blast niggas off the stage if you're uncomfortable with jumping.

I like artifice having a float, but that ice wall needs more utility still by being a defensive wall and/or let me change the angle it gets planted

No, that's what your R is for, the healing lets you spam mortars for free damage

That doesn't matter since his healing is really high. Throw the R into a group of enemies and spread weaken to as many as possible and you should have no problems staying alive. You can also use your brain and not literally spam the mortar off cooldown, if you are in a situation where that will get you killed then don't.
>no mobility
his shift is great mobility you just suck at using it if you think it isn't.

grab a primordial cube and chuck your r at the endpoint for what is basically infinite hp

>R gives you an insane amount of hp regen to counter the hp loss from mortar
>you're too stupid to understand this
Stay dumb I guess

FULL

Attached: 1552979544362.gif (429x592, 2.4M)

>insane amount of hp regen

Attached: 1484056658429.jpg (400x250, 44K)

>shoot R at nothing
>"wtf why am I not getting hp?!"
lol what a dumbass weeb

I was expecting lewd lemurians in the thread, damn you op

Attached: file.png (353x205, 39K)

but 15% is quite a lot. it's based on total health, right?

current health.

never mind, I'm dumb. thanks for the tips

Have you been missing the move entirely or only been hitting one enemy with it? It is an insane amount of hp regen if you hit more than one thing in the HUGE radius.
Its 15% current so it can't kill you and becomes less and less hp the lower you are.

CURRENT HEALTH

Just like with the artificer I'm pretty sure it's someone LAPRing trying to pretend the weak survivor is indeed super OP

The hover and damage formula changes unironically helped Artificer a lot.

>look at me I'm a retard
Hello, retard!

I was playing way too carefully with him cause I guess I didn't read properly. I can definitely see why he's great now

It was before the hover change and all the buffs when she was unironically the most useless character in the game, and just like now there was this one autistic guy trying to pretend she was the most OP character in the game. Pretty sure it's the same dude

merc chads who up

holy shit rex is sick, design-wise at least, i'm not sure if he's good or not yet
what's the consensus?

have this game non human exotic females (fembots or aliens)? playable?

Attached: 23-6-2019 23.6.50 1.jpg (541x595, 72K)

huntress and arti are in suits so kinda?

weak compared to the other survivors.

What are you even talking about? Transcendence is amazing on a lot of characters like MULT, Huntress or Artificier.

bed time !!

I just did a run with her a few hours ago to see how all the proc changes effected her. Was deleting bosses by the first hour. She's absolutely broken now.

Strongest character atm, don't let the retards that are afraid to lose a little hp tell you otherwise

He literally does the most dps in the game, has good mobility, innate healing, slows, armor reduction and crowd control. His dps move is also AOE. I have no clue how you think this character is bad.
Takes a while to learn how to play optimally. You have to be able to manage the health costs and use your shift to dodge things, but he is one of the best in the game imo.

>i'm not sure if he's good or not yet
If you can't figure it out just by looking at Rex's kit and feeling how it plays, then odds are you wouldn't be able to use them properly anyways.

Rex being able to hold bosses in place is way too strong.
Greater wisps being immune to black holes was what made them so strong. But with rexs root he can both stop them in place but also pull them in.

If he was able to stop magma worms too we'd know that they don't play their own game.

>has good mobility
He has the second worst mobility in the game
>does the most dps in the game
He procs like shit and the damage falls of fast

yeah because i can tell how well he scales into late game by envisioning it
fuck off idiot

>from my dead rock
So, Providence's brother is living on the moon and "lunar" items are somehow related to him, huh. And seeing the last picture on the roadmap it'll be either a moon level or the moon is coming for you.

>and feeling how it plays
If you can't make an informed observation at that point then I don't know what to tell you.

Pushing enemies off edges etc feels great.

Attached: BEGONE THOT.webm (1500x1308, 1.34M)

that has nothing to do with his late game scaling, you know, the only thing that matters
you tried to make a smartass remark but just look like a dipshit

his scaling is shit.

The only good thing about him is the range on his RMB, but as you are forced to spam it to be able to do damage you will always be low and health and get killed by everything looking at you. Combine that with the worst mobility in the game

You are a very wise user, don't listen to that other guy.

>worst mobility in the game
You know you can use the shift while jumping to blast yourself really far right? It usually kills any trash enemies it hits too. I'd say its better than artificer commando and engineer.

>always be low health
Maybe if you're a shitter

I haven't really kept up, but what do you even do with the fuel array you get from the pod?

Carry it to the 4th stage without getting blown up, then find the new character to unlock him

take it to the higher levels in stage 4, you'll find the new character there and use it on him. if you fall under 50% while holding it you explode i think
also make sure you grab it after you clear the first stage if you want to be safe

You bring it to the fire stage and go all the way up to the highest platform. Put it in the robot that is in the slightly lower platform to the right and you'll unlock rex. If you take more than half your health in damage it explodes and instakills you. Easiest way to do it is in multiplayer, pick mul-t and put someone else's fuel array as your second equipment. It won't explode ever if its not your active equipment.

My biggest grip with this game is the amount of useless items. It feels so dull and boring when you start a new game and only get stuff like bleed daggers and chronobauble, makes you just want to quit the game at that instant.

thanks lads
I wasn't even aware that it could explode

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.67M)

don't all of merc's attacks hit for over 100% damage? so it should be a buff with the new proc damage formula. mul-t's probably fucked though

I see now that I mistyped, I meant commando

Commando's primary fire is 90% and R is 100%. alt fire is 230% so that is a bit better than it used to be. He overall feels weaker than he used to, especially now that sticky bombs suck.

>activate 3 (three) combat shrines on one stage
Jesus, Hopoo, fuck off with these retarded unlocks already. I want to play new update with new content not spending hours playing with old items until I get lucky for stupid shrines.

>still no environment log
thanks hopoo I even got your new Malachite elite rare equipment before it.
Anyone who got it already is it still from a scanner or what not?

Attached: id2d2QX.jpg (1920x1080, 404K)

I can't believe they fucking buffed it.

What did that buff even do? Does it mean that it uses the explosion move more?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how proc-co works, but don't get hit by a blazing at any range.
Nova's Proc Coefficient: 1 3

>Nova's Proc Coefficient: 1 3
Increased from 1 to 3, i mean.

So it basically means the blazing explosion from a vagrant will instakill you? Why do they insist on buffing fire elites so much? Removing all base hp regen when on fire was MORE than enough to make them scary again.

>rainstorm

Attached: 1525685243506.jpg (317x299, 71K)

Fire hot

>skills 2.0
what do you want to see changed? not talking about tweaking numbers
>commando's M2
>arti's shift
>engi's M2
>mul-t's M2

>malachite urchin
what's that?

>good mobility
My pet rock moves faster.

Your pet rock can't rocket jump

It flies real good though.

How can someone play RoR2 for 4 hours without getting tired?
I start to get exhausted and bored after reaching the first loop

mandos everything
artis everything but m2 since its the only reason to use her and broken as hell
engie mines

I think Skills 2.0 more implies that we get extra skills for every character or something. Seems to be kept too close a secret for just overhauling.

Ults maybe?

My money's on being able to swap abilities out.
Every survivor gets an extra set of skills and you can choose which ones to take.

Thinking like supers or a new standard fifth skill. Might look funny when the scepter boosts the fourth already though.

That would be neat too.

Is Newtist bugged?
Popped 3 different altars on Scorched Acres and the bar in the challenges section didn't move a bit

That would be pretty interesting, also a good way to include some of the old character's moves to make the old fans happy. Its the next best thing if all of them aren't going to be added to the game.

fuck that would be so good

Huntress' rain

>no item that benefits you from being at low health yet

Getting an increased speedboost the lower your health is would be great for Rex.

So is the Risk of Rain most people are talking about 1 or 2?

Yes

host when

Anyone EU wanna play in like 30 min?

Attached: EDFFD945-F2A9-49FB-8E5C-2BB4072CAF23.jpg (1024x576, 64K)

yes, or now

Yes.

Sweet, I’ll make a lobby or join if someone else makes one. in 30 then

user pls

>first run as rex
>making it pretty far, have a shitton of healing items
>my healing can far outpace any damage I can take
>reach one stage
>boss is 5 wandering vagrants
>doing well when i suddenly realize im not healing
>malachite fucking lemurians
>gibbed by 5 explosions
fuck

Anyone else getting worse performance than before the patch?

A little bit.

A lot of stuttering when I have multiple of Rexs root out. I bet it something with the new damage "math".

US East Monsoon

I don't like the new stage.

2/4

We all agree that Rex players, like Engineer players, should never fucking touch backup mags, right? Rex even has less of a reason to than Engi.

pour one out for stickies boys

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain

Attached: 1554912098738.png (847x1176, 2.87M)

no, he should pick up 1-2 so he can spam. he can't spam without them
I like it, but it needs more bridges/jump pads

Yeah.
I'm sure there'll be more balancing to come. I have faith stickies will reclaim some former glory.

Oh no, did they get nerfed?

did they nerd the stag? I got it with rex thinking I was going to destroy everything, but got fucking demolished by a golem overlord

they're toast

Attached: 1554668368125.png (974x1000, 290K)

Damage calculations have changed. There was an issue of critical strikes causing procs to proc again or something and exponentially increasing. They changed the formula so that that doesn't happen again.

no, they got mercilessly raped

Fukkin RIP. Time to find new metas

Attached: 1556057813626.png (2000x2000, 516K)

Attached: 1556052373272.png (479x765, 255K)

EU
Normal

Attached: bangin.png (680x660, 308K)

Attached: 1554856311277.png (1000x2000, 480K)

fuck stickies and fuck any shitter who relied on them

mando buffs soon

Attached: hate.jpg (584x393, 116K)

They NEED to release a hotfix for the bullshit 14 second wait if you miss a dash with Merc.

Attached: 1554872721229.gif (500x500, 386K)

never fool me ever again

Attached: 1554809823302.png (664x500, 303K)

Biggest new meta as far as I can tell is the new lunar item (can't remember what it's called, but it's a use item) + gesture of the drowned(s) + fuel cell(s)
Basically gives you a (semi?)permanent superbuff to all your stats with the only downside being the loss of your active item slot (or one of them, if you're mul-t)

Okay, I'm pretty sure that's all my sticky images.

Attached: 1555621803830.png (500x362, 54K)

i thought its guillotine and and crowbars just now

Well, that's just the one I knew of.

lmao it's not like RoR is a skill based game

Stickies were the biggest crutch
I'm glad they got nerfed

Someone host an EU lobby please

Attached: 1561421621359.png (436x530, 15K)

NA West

re-opened
fuck elder lmaoians

host it yourself faggot

j/k I joined this lobby

Rude

First time playing, from what I gather
>Artificer is good now
>Engi is less good slightly
>Commando is still shit
>Merc is better now
>dunno what happened to huntress/mult

Can confirm Artificer is great now, they changed some proc math too so it's not just the hover

Huntress got an actual arrow rain
MUL-T got a box so he couldn't cheat the Rex unlock

sounds good, I never played artificer because of how much I heard she sucks ass, maybe ill give her a go now

Attached: GLAM.png (179x132, 43K)

How did Rex get into the depths? Was he onboard the Contact Light and has been lying, out of power, there until the survivors came back?

>patch hits
>get to the 3rd map
>"Looks like they've made bisons a bit more aggressive now"
>2 minutes later
>MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO

Attached: 1537044431166.jpg (692x969, 49K)

Could be from one of the previous expeditions.

is the artificer hover like a free milky chrysalis?

it's slowfall

>ok, let's try new Artificier's procs
>doing second loop
>shit is fucking crazy, the new damage is insane
>desert stage
>tons of malachite fuckers spawn
>activate teleporter
>overloading clay templar
...what the fuck, bros. Monsoon is insane now.

Attached: 113.jpg (1067x717, 168K)

I remember someone saying that rex is a spider mech from the first game. Its a pretty interesting thought.

i feel a bit like a brainlet because i still dont like playing artificer, maybe I just had a bad run or two but the damage isnt really great, and the fact that you only have 4 primary fires isnt great

Attached: 1560713239573.png (384x384, 189K)

BASED EU MONSOON

Attached: D3LImubUwAA2yfH.jpg (823x924, 60K)

>no teleporter on stage 4
never happened to me before

Can rex use his plants to impregnate other survivors?

It can spawn in the cave now

They really ought to make it so syringes make her M1 recharge faster.

any secret in the new stage? just unlocked the survivor and dont know what to do know
any news beside the items/survivor/stage?

>He doesn't know
The worm still moves up and down underground, but only where the plant is and no where else. The plant CC is fucking amazing and it can also be in the air if you aim properly.
REX literally needs you to git gud in order to use him properly.

Attached: tumblr_p8aovwKJ2N1rqetpao1_1280.jpg (913x1024, 84K)

>40 min in monsoon with REX
>green fag orb spawns
>get absolutely fucked
How do you deal with these new anti-heal enemies? They have a really huge health pool

His skills have the most internal synergy. He kinda sucks against solo targets more than the other survivors but god help lemuria when you go against swarms of ground shit. With a full loadout i'm tempted to say he's the strongest since almost everything works on him as compared to all the wasted items that other survivors have. Only thing you don't want is backup mags really.

It wasn't in the cave.

REX is the Acrid of RoR2, prove me wrong.

to unlock rex I gotta carry a fuel cell to the third stage, right?

He needs an aghs that makes the healing root spread to targets not in the AoE and some actual damage over time poison but he's closest thus far.

Stage 4 at the top

Why the fuck are malachite enemies so fucking tanky
They seriously have 3 or 4x the health pool of regular elites

>malachite golem spawns as a boss somewhat early
I sleep

Taking requests for drawings and memes.

Something simple for now.

Attached: quick com.png (500x356, 104K)

what does the new items do?
the wiki hasn't been updated yet

>malachite hermit crabs on stage 8
>kill two of them, can't find third
fuck this

BASED EU MONSOON 2: REDPILLED BOOGALOO

Attached: 1554689759095.png (500x555, 165K)

commando cradling a sticky bomb and crying with patch notes in the distance

Where are the US lobbies?

what happened to sticky bombs?

Do you still have to share drops when playing online?

Artificier is stronger now but her kit's just not very fun. Make her wall vertical so that it's less of a pain in the ass to land. I absolutely loathe running out of M1 charges as well, it's just not fun gameplay.

capped at 180% base damage
unironically worse than bleed now

I don't really like 2D platformers/roguelites, should I give this a shot or it is just Risk of Rain 3D?

I agree with this. She could probably be fun if the wall was not such a pain in the ass to use and land.
They should just make it into a circle AoE and make it a pillar instead.

where is the bandit mod for multiplayer ?

Rex is cute! CUTE!

>first run after the update as artificer
>having fun gliding around and throwing kamehamehas alls over the place.
>get a random portal to the moon bazar at stage 5 or so
>t h r e e shaped glass in shop
>game plays itself now, obliterate self at 180 minutes out of boredom

>Monsoon
>Three fucking claypots at the last level
>They all jumped into the void
Ebin
Also a wisp for some reason took more than half my life and killed me before I could finish, I dunno what even happened

Attached: cap.png (1366x767, 927K)

your "god" runs don't count if you use lunar items

So how do you deal with the minigun units, golems and all other units that can still hit you?

it was a red item disguised as a white. why do you think that frost relic got stickies old percentage and scalling?

>commando's FMJ still isn't hitscan

Attached: rFOBU-jU.jpg (379x379, 22K)

You're just a brainlet who can't adapt to new character. Her M1 is amazing and you don't need to spam it like with other characters. One fireball is enough to kill a wisp with dot for example. Two is enough for crab and lemurian. Just throw it and change the target. In late game you'll spam M2 and Ice Wall mostly.

you can jump over to one of the really big hills that doesnt have any bridges or launchers to so maybe something there

Literally nothing lived long enough to be a real threat. And even then, the shield/kill item gave me enough of a buffer to shrug off stray hits.

t. drizzlet

just use primordial cube lmao

It may be slow but i feel like this is really useful for getting across the map quickly and safely without having to deal with obstacles or monsters

So you didn't play monsoon?

I like rex, but man, Arti is the MVP of this update.

how does the damage calculation for fuel cell work?
i picked up shaped glass as my second item and immediately blew myself up because a wisp hit me.

It was monsoon. Why is that even hard to believe? You get so much good shit thrown at you on monsoon that it becomes easier than other difficulties after you pass a certain threshold.

What makes the artificer so good now?

Commando opening up a sticky bomb after new patch only to find the explosives replaced with an IOU note

reworked on-hit items

Of course I believe that you didn't get hit once by anything while floating in the air being literally a big floating target.

This should be illegal

Attached: Risk_of_Rain_2_2019-06-26_10-28-47.png (799x622, 614K)

on hit items proc on her more now

When you go below 50% you blow up.

I wish his shift was more like force a nature strength for self propulsion when moving forward for wedging your momentum into vertical.

Just go on easy by yourself and hammer it out dude, doing the fuel cell thing is fucking annoying

You can grind any character until they become easy to use, the point is that that's not fun and is bad design.

For me, the float is what sells her, now she doesn't feel like commando with tedious to swap damage, she can explore the map in unique ways, and it gives her a kind of fun, unique weakness, since getting hit while floating sends you soaring across the map

For instance, the new map is basically made for her to get around.

>playing character who uses HP for attacks
>item that nullifies HP
"hmm, I should pick this up"

Attached: brainlet blackhole.jpg (1024x595, 74K)