Tales Thread

Just started Vesperia HD since it's on sale.
Anything I should know or tips of shit I should do early on? Controls settings, farming methods, etc. And anyone got a link to the best version of a .pdf guide for this game out there?
Also Tales Thread.

Attached: yikes.png (415x513, 292K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/entry-10347292825.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also why does Yuri have a dog with a pipe this is important

I'd do a blind playthrough first and then use Kouli's guide to obtain all missables
ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/entry-10347292825.html

The pipe belonged to Repede's previous owner.

Watch The First Strike movie.

Learn manual cancel as it removes a good deal of the clunkiness. Absolutely make sure to get the weapons from Deidon Hold or you'll have to live without Backstep. Get multiples of early weapons because they have branching upgrade paths. Don't bother with Judith because she plays like dogshit on NG.

this. Just enjoy the game, it's comfy rpg. No need to try to get everything on your first playthrough as the NG+ trivialize the entire game. Everything carries over, levels ,weapons etc and the game doesn't scale with you.

Alright. How about control configuration? Can I change the controls or button layout to not be retarded?

>learn manual cancel
Explain? you mean manual mode and not semi-auto?
Also just tell me when Deidon hold is. I'd rather not miss something important.

Jesus christ this feels not great to play and it's only because the block button and the attack button feel like they're in the wrong place. What do?

Don’t play with a guide. It will just ruin the fun.

Shut up and learn manual cancel

If you're on Manual, after you do your attack chain, there's a small "cooldown" where your character can't do anything. If you Free Run forward for just a split second, you actually cancel out of that cooldown into a guard, and you can attack from a guard.
Deidon Hold's one of the early locations you visit after leaving town, right before the forest. There's a gear peddler who'll sell a weapon for Yuri that will teach you the Backstep skill. Since Free Run's not as busted as it was in Abyss and there's no Around Step like later titles, backstepping is your only real maneuvering option.

Based thanks.
Also feels like they hid the button confignfrom me. Got gaurd on B and attack on X as it should be.

Anyways so manual gaurd is just move right after I do my tetraslash and it auto gaurds?

Let go of forward and hold your guard button for just a slight bit longer. If you don't, you'll just do your running attack which you can't chain to anything else or cancel out of. You have to hold guard for a bit to make sure you come to a dead stop so you can actually start a new combo.

Not sure I really understand the concept.
From the previous post it wounded like if I held free run after a string that I’d auto gaurd.

Should I buy Symphonia or Berseria?

It's been a while since I played, but I recall that guard and Free Run are designated to the same button, but FR just requires a directional input alongside guarding. Letting go of forward but still holding the guard button should automatically put you into a guard, unless I'm misremembering Vesperia's controls.

>or
Aren't both dirt cheap?

Symphonia is good berseria is meh.

Free run and gaurd are different buttons senpai

Fuck my ass then. I just remembered the correct inputs. Ignore my earlier posts.
-Free Run forwards during your cooldown.
-stop Free Running and PRESS THE GUARD BUTTON
-attack

symphonia

Attached: power of 200.jpg (743x605, 133K)

Post the comic of Kratos looking very disappointed in Lloyd for thinking this.

Got it. Thanksm8
So far game seems alright. It doesn’t get off to Symphonias fast start but I’m sure it’ll take off eventually.

Since they're all on sale, what would be the best place to start?

Off the top of my head...
-Get the free DLC if you haven't already, you can synthesize a few weapons and armor pieces right off the bat, such as the Flamberge. Honestly would recommend synthesizing Flamberge over any other weapon you can make with the materials you receive with the DLC.
-Even though the Fell Arms don't show up until late into the game, don't try and get all of them before completing the game or else your final battle will be an absolute nightmare.
-Make sure Karol learns all of his healing Artes before you get to Myorzo, and make sure Yuri learns Bastion off of Dein Nomos before you complete Zaude.

Play Symphonia first. If you like it - or if you don't - then play Vesperia. It's by the same team but it's got the better mechanics and gameplay behind it. I'd still strongly recommend trying to finish Symphonia first though.

I beat the game a couple of weeks ago but I was never able to backstep even though I had the skill from a weapon I used. I never figured figured out what I was doing wrong

PINK-SLUT HELP
THE GUARD BUTTON ISN'T FAST ENOUGH

Attached: Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition 2019.06.25 - 23.26.35.11.DVR.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

If you don't have the weapon with Backstep equipped, you have to turn it on yourself in the skill menu.

that boss fight is annoying for an early game fight

>calling Estelle a slut
rude

I had if turned on and attempted to use the guard+move in the direction away from the mobs with no success

>that boss is annoying
fixed, zagi a shit

I think you can just move around when he starts doing those combo dives and he will stop after a couple of seconds. You can just spam hadoukens if its too much pressure and then just go back to fighting once he stops

You should really just play on Normal for that fight. That fight absolutely sucks shit and is only hard because you're not given all your defensive tools.

judith is best girl

Question where do I pick up the costumes and beginners pack shit I just downloaded?

That was on normal.

Attached: 104929482.png (218x220, 103K)

Gave up on t his franchise after fujos ruined it.
Berseria was the final straw.
Guess i'll go crawling back to FinalFantasy.

>Don't play on hard
>Wait until you unlock the Glory skill, you can get it before the final dungeon at the earliest. (game is shit until then)
This

>there is free run
Thank god. Now I won't get corner raped anymore.

Attached: INDIGNATION.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

Literally get good holy shit.

Nigga wouldn't put me down and I don't have air recovery.

>Berseria
>Fujo shit.
Nani.

Berseria is /ss/ if anything

this shit sucked but sometimes was pretty god damn funny.

The last 4 games have been fujo influenced you fucking brainlets, including Berseria.
I don't care if it was /ss/ it was made with Fujos in mind since they buy the games more than male otaku.

Years later and Symphonia still manages to give me a new thing to enjoy.
webm related happened on my latest playthrough at the very end. Lost my shit.

Attached: T-pose to assert dominance.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

Yo so uh this DLC pack gives me.. level packs? should I just not touch those?

kek

Attached: power of 200.jpg (894x1280, 426K)

>FF
>Last game was a primary male cast.
user, it's useless. The gay is unstoppable.
Fujos have won.

Attached: 1436677760554.webm (800x450, 2.65M)

Are there japanese voices? It's not some dub garbage is it?

it has dual audio

I think the better is question why do you not?

Attached: repede.jpg (500x600, 74K)

The dub is good though. At least for the MCs.

Dual audio option right when you boot up the game

Attached: IMG_2647.jpg (1526x2200, 1.11M)

fujo or not, that's an adorable scene

Save those for when you want to get the "get everyone to level 200" achievement, use them when everyones atleast level 160.

Just helped my GF beat Vesperia for the first time the other day, was pretty fun. We Patty/yuri'd duke to oblivion.

>Corner raped
Psi tempest you retard.

So is Blastia just exspheres?

I was’t thinking at that moment. I paniced and used gaurdian instead. Also based Raine with the Nurse right after.

At the desert town, stay at the inn until Estelle gives you her memento. There's a secret mission later that requires using it, but that is the only chance you'll have to get it. Every other secret mission can be tried repeatedly at the end of the game except for this one.

>So is blastia just exspheres
Are you new to tales? Every game has the same basic concepts
>Stones made with life energy with plot purpose
>Summon spirits tied to some elemental pact
>Demon weapons of unimaginable power
>Swords of fire and ice that make an eternal blade
>Two worlds/factions/kingdoms in perpetual conflict
>Villain was an tragic alien/outcast who wanted love/to save his world

Attached: DHAOSU.jpg (193x173, 9K)

Blastia's not made out of souls like Exspheres are. They also do some other shit you'll find out about.

Sorta yeah. I only ever played Symphonia and its sequal - god help me - so it's pretty much the only tales knowledge I have outside osmosis.

Was beating Zagi one of them? I got an achievement called Secret Mission 1.

That's just Team Symphonia games, isn't it?

>Blastia's not made out of souls like Exspheres are.

...Did you even play the fucking game? They're aer converted into spirits AKA souls, and Apatheia are LITERALLY Entelexeia souls. When you kill belius in the colosseum you LITERALLY GET HER SOUL IN CRYSTAL FORM

Ueah every hoss jas a secret mission to them. But you can actually replay every boss fight sometime before the final dungeon and do them. Its just that one requires an item.

Eh? I thought Blastia were made from whatever technology, and you need to fuse it with an Entelexeia's soul to make a spirit. Like, you can just manufacture Blastia without sacrificing people/monsteres.

No?
Exspheres, Blastia, Planet memory, Craymels, Inferia/Celestia, Sylverant/Tethealla, Past/Present/Future Aselia, Eldrant/Qliphoth, Fodra/Telos. Rieze maxia/Olympios, etc.

Flamberge is literally shown in the trailer for Arise for fucks sake.

They literally state all blastia comes from the fallen Entelexia in the great war. Why do you think duke despises them?

if you ever have difficulty on a boss go into overlimit with rita and spam tidal wave

Man they're really giving the royal quarter the "I'm better than you. Poor people LMAO" the biggest hamfist they can possibly give aren't they

FLY O HOLY SWORD
HA
HEY THAT HURT!
YA
HEY THAT HURT!
SHING
BRILLIANT CATACLYSM
HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY HEY THAT HURT!

WHO LOVES YA BABY

>including Berseria.
?

Symphonia

DEMON FANG
DEMON FANG
DAMN I MUST BE A GENIUS
DOUBLE DEMON FANG

LIGHTING BLA-
SUPER LIGHTNING BLA-
GRAVE

FANG BLADE
WAILING HAVOC
FANG BLADE
RAGING BLAST
YOU'RE DEAD
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
RADIANT HOWL

SHARING IS CARING

GO
T E E P O
E
E
P
O

DEE MAN FUNG
DEE MAN FUNG
TYE GAR BLUD
CHAOS DESTORSHIUN BLADE
KRSH KRSH KRSH
AYE DUD IT!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

A MAN SPEAKS WITH HIS BACK

Fuck I hear it too

Attached: 20190123090249_1.jpg (1920x1080, 128K)

Its insane how quotable Tales is. There was a time I could quote all of symphonia and abyss from memory.

I love a lot of Symphonia's lines.

Attached: 195888472.png (1650x928, 1.27M)

I want to cut Nan's stupid head-thing off!

>Anything I should know
Yes.
>spam Rita's Tidal Wave
>Karol and Repede are the best character (one has the only character development in this shitty game and the other is, obviously, quiet)
>spam Rita's Tidal Wave
>Yuri and Flynn are faggots
>sadly, you can't kill Sodia
It pains me when people put this game in the same sentence with Symphonia, Abyss or Rebirth.

Hot hair style

Attached: 20190303150841_1.jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

I unironically stand by that the original is better than PS3/remaster
for the sole purpose that it didnt fuck up flynns stance. Having him in the party ruins the point that flynn is the goody two shoes who can do the things Yuri can't in his stead. Yuri knows he has his abck and can take care of things that brave vesperia can't. Shoehorning him into the narritive just ruins that, and patty might as well not even be there. Outside two encounters on the ghost ship, her dialogue is so shoehorned in that the characters barely interact or notice shes there, because she was literally edited into existing scenes that didnt have her.

What's she thinking about?

Yuri Lowell...

Made for gangrape and passing her around to your bros

This user speaks the truth.

>My feet hurt
>I want to go back to the knights
>I wonder what flynn's doing right now..
>Should I kill yuri? He's not even looking at me.

Attached: 20190225180424_1.jpg (1920x1080, 353K)

I can't believe Nan is fucking dead.

Nan is for Karol only.

Attached: 20190306015308_1.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

In the dlc part of your inventory, icon looks a little like a wireless symbol iirc.

I found it. I didn't touch those level packs though. that shit seems OP as fuck.

It is. and its really dumb of nacmo to give you them because using them can easily put you at lvl 65, which is more then enough to take on the final boss. They truly believe their audience doesnt want to play the game.

Attached: 20190626005304_1.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

>these posts

Attached: 20190123112312_1.jpg (1920x1080, 275K)

>long and hard
She knows exactly what's up, the little slut

ARCHE FUCKS LIKE A TIGER

>Don't die, Lloyd.
>Huh?
>Don't worry about it.
silly kratos
nothing can top mithos's corny speech line, though

His shits pretty corny but I do like him as a character. He literally didn't give a fuck and would do it all over again even though he realized what he did was wrong.

Attached: 2019-06-26 01_01_37-Photos.png (637x495, 558K)

Switch to Manual ASAP, it is honestly the only way to play Tales game.

Mid Game when you unlock Fatal Strikes it is worth structuring your "Main Combo" so you can activate one consistently, even against bosses who are immune to the instant kill they do a lot of damage.

Is it 2020 yet?

Attached: 20190413191701.jpg (258x155, 33K)

I played Symphonia on Semi-Auto. That game has early 3D adaption problems with its battle system.

Ok Boy, I haven't played a Tales game since Symphonia 2 and 1. Which games should I emulate on my PC? Are there any out and worth getting on the Switch yet?

Vesperia HD is on Switch.

Alright I reached the hold and I've a question.
Is Estelle on the spectrum?

Kissu~

Attached: 20190122092840_1.jpg (1920x1080, 105K)

Will this bitch ever wake up from her eternal sleep?

Attached: v.jpg (739x415, 28K)

she's dead, user.

Yes. It'll start getting old real fast when the party constantly bends over to cater to her every autistical whim.

with Innominat's junk inside her pussy.

When does this game get good? I'm about to enter the sewers in guild city and honestly I'm bored to fucking death.

What do you expect from a low-budget franchise?

What Tales games are worth buying other than Vesperia? I already picked up Vesperia.

Symphonia. Graces.

Story- and charcter-wise, Vesperia's honestly really lackluster. People mainly recommend it for the combat, which feels like fucking dogshit until endgame when you can start chaining artes more freely.

Uh..

Attached: 20190626011712_1.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

Berseria.

Really? Syphonia was my second one and was when i really realized how necessary it is to play on Manual.

I already own Symphonia on my Gamecube since it came out because I'm not a fucking casual.

Go fight it user.

Only thing semi-auot does of Symphonia is autorun at the enemy when holding down attack and sometimes auto-guard things. I’ve found it useful.

N-no way. Think I’m done for the night anyways.

Graces

Actually, I think that the original one is the one that is canon. Because that's the one that they keep referencing. Honestly it feels as though Flynn was made playable because they knew that people would bitch if he wasn't.

>don't enjoy playing as anyone other than estelle
>it takes forever for her to learn all the good shit so all i can do is spam star stroke and pierce cluster

i wonder who could possibly be behind this post

Attached: Karol_N1.jpg (640x960, 188K)

Why is Lloyd a kid and why does he have a bag?

Technically he was playable in the original IIRC, just for one battle and with barely any arts though, just the TALES HERO CLASSIC ATTACKS, the PS3 release just added a few more battles like that and that let you have him once you hit the final dungeon and like added a few more attacks, which honestly barely makes any difference in the gran scheme, the real difference and hook is Patty.

I actually liked Vesperia first half more than the second.

Attached: 57651203_p0.jpg (700x1166, 185K)

Do not do a blind playthrough user, the game was meant for you to buy the guide book to be able to find out and complete the missables/side quests. There's so many things in game that defy all logic, especially certain secret missions. Following Kouli's side quest guide and secret mission guide won't detract from your experience at all, it's what I did in my first playthrough.

Attached: 1548290913767.jpg (600x800, 64K)

>tfw it's another episode of "pull every other character MA besides the one you want"
Where's my Rays bros at? All I wanted was Rutee, but this year has been very consistent in gacha suffering for me.

Attached: D8_zaYMVAAcO56K.jpg (512x288, 42K)

tons of missables

Attached: 1510603567004.jpg (599x504, 50K)

meh I really wanted Eleannor MA and Kohaku MA but I had to skip that banner bc I pulled on that SO collab shit And it was worth it bc Rondoline with Nel costume is unffffff as fuck

Attached: 1548007086627.jpg (1920x1438, 224K)

I actually skipped the SO collab even though I really wanted to pull for everyones (though mainly Sophies) since I had a really strong feeling something like this would happen right after. I hope they take a break from Destiny/2 characters after this because Harold and Johnny are the next characters I'm looking forward to added into the game, but these new banners keep breaking any dia savings I have for them.

Attached: Harold_Berselius_(ToK).png (500x497, 222K)

why won’t Rita bathe

So how long is a regular blind playthrough and how long would the second guided playthrough getting everything take?

My only real complaint about Vesperia definitive is that all Yuri’s best gear is fire element, and almost everything in the post game resists it.

Post some Rita

gotchu senpai

Attached: 1547315155098.jpg (1800x1440, 2.25M)

Why is she a gross lesbain

Not him but just got Zepheria for Swotch myself and coming from Abyss everything's felt so clunky so far in comparison to Abyss' free run. I've got to try this later, hope it'll make fights more enjoyable

Reminder that Rita loves dog-knot!