Is Twilight Princess unironically the Metal Gear Solid 4 of Zelda?

Is Twilight Princess unironically the Metal Gear Solid 4 of Zelda?

Attached: Twilight Princess.jpg (776x960, 368K)

I've only played OOT and BOTW and I loved them both. Would I like TP? Is it actually bad or just Yea Forums shitting on popular things again?

It's the Dark Souls 3 of Zelda

> Link's Awakening = Final Fantasy IV
> A Link To The Past = Final Fantasy VI
> Ocarina of Time = Final Fantasy VII
> Majora's Mask = Metal Gear Solid 2
> Wind Waker = Final Fantasy IX
> Twilight Princess = Metal Gear Solid 4
> Skyward Sword = Final Fantasy XII
> Breath of the Wild = Resident Evil 7

Lmao you made this in the other thread faggot. TP is still better than your piece of shit WW.

No. TP is good. MGS4 is unplayable garbage with one of the worst stories in gaming.

Seething

No that's skyward sword
>tries to answer a bunch of questions nobody actually asked while actively retconning everything it can.

It's the GTA IV of Zelda.

>it's the Final Fantasy 8 of Zelda NO WAIT ITS MGS4
LMAO stay cucked, ya faggot.

Absolutely not, TP is actually one of the best Zeldas while MGS4 is one of the worst games ever made next to big rigs.

If you loved OoT, then you should enjoy this one.

no because TP's story makes sense and theres actual gameplay in it

It's a terrible game

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-25 Wba0KLm png (PNG Image, 1080 × 1080 pixels) - Scaled (93%).png (926x948, 947K)

It's literally OoT with improvements. LITERALLY the only flaws are pacing issues. Anyone who thinks it's a bad game is brain damaged and honestly should be shot and purged from the genetic pool.

>IGN said so, so its bad

fucking WEW, lad, thats reaching

>Overrated=terrible

> Horrible Graphics
> Horrible Dungeons
> Terrible Pacing
> Bland Soundtrack
> Bland characters
> Awful Character Designs
No

Bioshock Infinite was ranked lower on the list than Twilight Princess, that's all you need to know on how terrible it is

> Great Graphics
> Great Dungeons
> Flawed Pacing
> Great Soundtrack
> Great Characters
> Stellar Character Designs
Yes.

>hating on the dungeons, the weird design and the soundtrack
We get it OP you like to suck cock.

>> Horrible Graphics
looks better in HD on wiiu
>> Horrible Dungeons
objectively false
> Terrible Pacing
eh, take it or leave it. The very beginning establishes link as a farm hand, but setting BAD. Throw me into zelda NOW

THIS IS NOW A HUEY THREAD.
HUEY DID NOTHING WRONG
>B-BUT MUH INSPECTION
THERE IS NO PROOF HUEY DID THAT. STAY SEETHING KAZKEKS

Attached: Screenshot_20190625-234603_Gallery.jpg (1079x1070, 508K)

Seethe more, TP is a piece of shit that everyone hates & considers one of the black sheep of Zelda. Just like SS

Attached: YIKES.png (903x1275, 85K)

Seethe more, TP is a masterpiece that everyone loves & considers one of the underrated gems of Zelda. Just like SS

this

not this

>IGN and gamefaq scores

holy shit

Attached: 1549343874507.jpg (383x504, 47K)

>going to fucking Gamefaqs of all places
Sad as fuck OP, stop sucking dicks

This.

Not this.

This.

Not this.

> Literally ZeldaFaqs & has been notorious about being the most biased Nintendo forum on the internet for decades
> Crying that your piece of shit game isn't relevant
Sad

I dont know which is more retarded, you using gamefaq's like its a legitimate critic on something or thinking that it having a nintendo bias changes it being a useless source

>> Crying that your piece of shit game isn't relevant
>literally making a thread about it right now thus making it relevant
OP why are you so retarded?

Go to any site & the result will always be the same. Continue coping

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-25 Top 250 games on Grouvee.png (1170x2544, 730K)

>continues using fan polls like its supposed to mean something

Attached: 1545939866974.gif (112x112, 54K)

> Literally a website were thousands of gamers keep track of their backlog & rate games accordingly
> Still seething & claiming it doesn't matter when no matter what metric is used TP always places dead last

it literally doesnt matter. Why would it? by that same stupid picture, the worst mass effect is better than one of the most beloved multiplayer racing games

No because its actually good. If you want 3d Zelda shite there are no better examples than Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword.

Explain what you mean by that.

MK64 aged like absolute shit, so yeah it is accurate

and ME3 was shit from the start, so no, its not accurate

So was Infinite.

I feel like youre missing the point entirely here

Dark Souls 3 is actually a competent game, so no.

Doesn't matter because whenever you google best Zelda games, 98 % of the time TP will be the lowest ranked 3D Zelda behind SS

>a competent game
So is TP. You play shit like WW or SS to see incompetence.

>Doesn't matter
It does, because I actually played SS and it was an inferior game compared to TP. IGN giving that shit a perfect score will never change my mind and most on Yea Forums think so too.

>when you google clickbait sites of literally whos ranking games they never played, this fits my narrative 98% of the time

Attached: 1549072830596.jpg (1024x903, 70K)

The game that s boring and empty as fuck. There's nothing to encourage exploration whatsoever. The same gags that complain about BotW's overworld being empty do fucking somersaults to praise TP, despite TP's *everything* being empty. Dungeons aren't memorable, sections of the game are frustrating, and it's entirely forgettable. It's a 7/10 game. I would never play it again. And I fucking loved OoT, I liked MM, loved WW, and fucking love BotW. SS was more enjoyable than TP, even, and it was incredibly flawed and suffered from pacing issues and repetitive gameplay too.

"No!"

>linear as fuck and tons of hand-holding
>cringeworthy cutscenes
>not following up on certain story elements
>little to no innovation, doesn't even improve the formula from the N64 games
>Link isn't even as mobile as in previous games (Wind Waker Link could crouch and hide)
>filler tear segments
>no atmosphere
>too much expository dialogue
>artstyle that aged like milk
>swimming feels awful
>non-existent difficulty even by 3D Zelda standards
>final boss was predictable and boring
>dungeon design is basically on rails
>worst looking bokoblins in the series
>reusing the same areas and bosses
>most enemies are beaten in pretty much the same way: look for an opening, rapidly hit the B button until it recovers from the assault and guards again, rinse, repeat
>crappy story, failed to explain anything in a compelling manner
>NPCs are soulless and not engaging, you can't even interact with most people in Castle Town
>worst battle music in the series, which also ruined the midna's lament segment
>barely any sidequests
>basically no interconnected areas except for Lake Hylia
>Death Mountain Area is a fucking line with no branches or secret areas
>item usage was limited
>potions, fairies, upgrades, and the like are useless and offer no variety
>babby tier puzzles (open the door by shooting an obviously placed eye switch, woooow)
>dull soundtrack
>both the overworld and villages are shallow and not dynamic
>no free-roaming, gotta wait for the plot to explore other areas

If it weren't for Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess would have been the weakest 3D Zelda of all-time and slightly below even Wind Waker.

>loved WW
Shit taste noted.

TP came out before. It doesnt finish the series.
No.

OP reposting your pasta will not make TP any less kino than it already is, especially when posting lies.

i find the artstyle really gorgeous to be honest

Cope, it's universal
> 3D Zelda Rankings
> Kotaku: BOTW > MM > WW > OOT > TP > SS
> NintendoLife: BOTW > OOT > MM > WW > SS > TP
> DigitalSpy: WW > OOT > MM > TP > SS
> IGN.Com: OOT > BOTW > WW > MM > TP > SS
> DigitalTrends: BOTW > WW > OOT > MM > TP > SS
> WhatCulture: BOTW > OOT > MM > WW > TP > SS
> GameInformer: OOT > BOTW > MM > WW > TP > SS
> GameFaqs: OOT > BOTW > WW > MM > TP > SS
> GiantBomb: BOTW > OOT > WW > MM > TP > SS
> GameSpot: OOT > BOTW > WW > TP > MM > SS
> Famitsu: OOT = BOTW > WW > MM > SS > TP
> Ranker: OOT > MM > WW > TP > BOTW > SS
> GameRadar: BOTW > WW > MM > OOT > TP > SS

It's weird and the most unique considering the series has been flooded with Toon Zelda and hyper-colorful artsyles.

Twilight Princess is the Ocarina of Time of Zelda.

> Zoomers actually think TP is good
Lol

>Zoomers
Stated with LA back in 1996, TP is still my favorite 3D Zelda and LA is still my favorite 2D Zelda.

>all those sites putting WW above OoT and MM
?

absolutely based. i hate how Yea Forums hates TP when it's far better as a game than WW. like yeah WW looks better but it's even easier than TP and has 1/3 of its planned content cut. that triforce hunting and ocean sailing gave me a migrainne. i'll take based dungneon designs of TP any day of the week over an empty overworld with 4 dungeonns.

Yeah, that shit's fucking weird. WW is mid-tier Zelda at best.

Yo I kept my promise and here I am to call you gay

TP is literally OoT2 it picks up after child Link went to Zelda at the end of OoT with future knowledge but do yourself a favor and play it in Hero Mode in the HD port. Normal is just too easy.

It's one of the most beloved games of all time, it shouldn't surprise you that people love it

LISTEN UP FAGGOTS

Most of those reviews never make it to the end where the game really starts to lose steam and give up. But it's common knowledge that they never do.

GOD TIER: MAJORAS MASK
HIGH TIER: TWILIGHT PRINCESS, OCARINA OF TIME
MID TIER: WIND WAKER, BREATH OF THE WILD
SHIT TIER: SKYWARD SWORD

>Stated with LA

Opinion discarded. Unless you started with Zelda 1, Zelda 2 or ALTTP, your viewpoint is worth less than nothing.

>beloved = quality
The game is unfinished and has the most subpar content to offer in a Zelda. The same reviewer sites didn't give the same leniency to games like New Vegas when it put more effort than Bethesda's shit.

If it is then I really need to play MGS4. Fucking adore TP.

CRINGE AND BOOMERPILLED, LA IS GOD TIER ZELDA, ONLY BESTED BY LTTP AND POSSIBLY OCARINA

>Unless you started with Zelda 1, Zelda 2
Who gives a fuck about those, if you don't like LA you're literally a zoomer faggot who plays shit like WW.

>Ocarina of Time = Dark Souls
>Majora's Mask = Dark Souls II
>Twilight Princess = Dark Souls III

The first games are downright classics, the second games take the first games and give them an uncanny spin, and the third games are soulless ripoffs of the first games because everyone bitched about the second entries being too different.

Actually it takes place a couple hundred years after OoT, not right after Link returns from the future.

m8, ALttP is pushing 30 years old. Maybe 2/3rds of this board, at a generous estimate, is even old enough to post here. If that's unironically how you feel then don't even bother posting in Zelda threads here, everyone is just going to let you down.

>>Ocarina of Time = GTA 3
>>Majora's Mask = Vice City
>>Twilight Princess = GTA 4
Not a jab at you but does this one make sense?

All that tells me is that the list is worthless, form your own opinions.

I've always taken a little issue with this because the back half of DaS1 is straight garbage. It's gold up through Biggie Smalls but fuck if it doesn't start falling apart quickly after that. For my money, Demon's is the true classic.

The list or the game?

Attached: 12484769502.jpg (920x896, 140K)

>especially when posting lies

Not one thing in that post was a lie though. TP is fucking trash and nowhere nearly deserving of being an equivalent to DaS3.

Sure does. Maybe GTA V as the BOTW equivalent?

NV is complete garbage, WW is a masterpiece & only contrarian TP faggots pretend that it isn't a good game.

>Not one thing in that post was a lie though.
>>not following up on certain story elements
>>reusing the same areas and bosses
Get a better pasta next time you faggot.

No fucking way.
Twilight Princess is the OOT formula slowly refined to its best. MGS4 is worse than the game it follows.

The game does go to shit after Anor Londo to be fair. Demon's Souls is consistent the whole way through.

>A Link to the Past = Demon's Souls

Demon's Souls = A Link to the Past
Dark Souls = Ocarina of Time
Dark Souls 2 = Skyward Sword
Dark Souls 3 = Breath of the Wild

Attached: 1561437740333.png (642x899, 1.26M)

>Maybe GTA V as the BOTW equivalent?
Both scaled down on story for open world, sold millions and garnered a shit ton of awards. Yeah I can definitely see it.

>WW is complete garbage, NV and TP are masterpieces.
FTFY

I'd say OoT is consistent all the way through but the first 2 child dungeons are rather flimsy. Jabu Jabu's Belly feels like the first bit of game that isn't a tutorial.

Yes. As a matter of fact all 3D Zeldas fit with their respective MGS counterparts:

>MGS1 and OoT
Pioneers and the best one depending on who you ask.

>MGS2 and MM
Highly-regarded yet controversial games on release that eventually became celebrated for what they did differently. The underdog best.

>MGS3 and WW
Total change in direction that somewhat solidifies what worked before. Despite all the new stuff, a pattern begins to emerge. The "best" one.

>MGS4 and TP
Total fan-service in the best and worst possible way, but somewhat up its own ass, preventing it from being universally loved. "The last good one."

>PW and SS
The series has gone off the deep end. Sweeping changes to the formula and almost none of them are good. Has standout elements and are overall decent, but the series low point is definitely here.

>MGSV and BotW
Open-world meme. Gameplay has literally never been better, but the story is horseshit and there's a great feeling that something is missing despite being the biggest game yet.

Attached: MGSV hit.jpg (286x405, 17K)

What's the opinion on Phantom Hourglass? I have faint memories of enjoying it back in the day.

>WW is a masterpiece

I'm not gonna write the essay again. Nope, not doing it.

>. TP is fucking trash
It isn't considering I was able to play it and finish it multiple times. You can't do anything with trash, hence the term trash.

>doesn't follow up on Link's relationship with Ilia
>Zant is literally a copypaste boss

Now refute the other 25 things, you fucking faggot.

Bloodborne = Twilight Princess?

I'm down for that.

OoT has great pacing. Doesn't overstay it's welcome like TP and isn't too short like WW.

The Forest Temple in OoT is still peak Zelda. Fuck that was a good dungeon and I don't think it's been topped.

>equating WW with fucking Snake Eater
Your unfinished trash will never match the soulful quality of MGS3, faggot.

This is much better than the Dark Souls comparisons. TPfags trying to compare their game to fucking Dark Souls 3 is utterly laughable.

I don't think TP overstays its welcome so much as has a particularly plodding first third. After Lakebed the game moves at a fine clip.

Samefaging so hard it hurts.

I meant in the timeline it takes place not instantly right after, but I worded it like a retard.

Bloodborne is Majora's Mask. Twilight Princess isn't even noteworthy enough to be compared to a From game.

Maybe Sekiro if you really stretch it.

>>doesn't follow up on Link's relationship with Ilia
Except it did, Ilia gains back her memory and gives Link a tool.
>>Zant is literally a copypaste boss
>using your items picked from your adventure on a late game boss is copypasta
Every Zelda is copypaste now.

It takes like 4 hours to get good, with plenty of shitty Wolf sections and padding

There's a dungeon or two that could have been cut like Temple of Time. It does get a lot better after Lakebed and especially by Arbiter's.

Arguing that WW of all things doesn't have soul on its side is a fool's errand. Yeah it was definitely missing at least one major dungeon but it absolutely has soul.

Attached: samefag.png (414x268, 8K)

I honestly thought WW was worse than SS.

>Except it did, Ilia gains back her memory and gives Link a tool.

Has nothing to do with what I just said.

Still waiting on your refutation of everything else.

>making repost after those minutes in between
You could have a baby in that time and still have enough left over to edit.

I disagree, I enjoy all of TP's dungeons. Temple of Time has to be solved forwards and backwards, not to mention has one of the few boss keys that isn't outright put in your hand. I know this because I actually did overlook it on my first playthrough and was standing at the boss door with no boss key.

I took a shit.

Retard, Ilia getting her memory back and helping Link on his quest closes her story. If you're talking about a relationship, the game makes it clear on how it ends during the credits.

>MGSV
>BOTW
>gameplay has literally never been better
This meme baffles me every time.
MGSV is a mess of mechanics and random bullshit that has barely anything to do with the rest of the series gameplay-wise and the combat in BotW is hot garbage and inferior to every other Zelda especially WW and TP.

I'm still mad I got stuck for hours in the Sky Temple because there was a switch hidden in the ceiling near the end you have to lower yourself on the hookshot to hit.

Yeah I know it smells like shit.

Based. Toilet Piss is ass and it's hilarious that its fanbase has the gall to even think about putting it on par with DaS3.

>TP is literally OoT2
No, TP is it's own thing but yes it does take place 100 years after MM. Still waiting for Nintendo to make an actual OoT part 3 with a 30 year old boomer Adult Link who is living with Malon at Lon Lon Ranch.

Attached: Hero of Time Grown Up.jpg (660x1050, 74K)

You'd know a thing or two about that pal.

Oh, I got stuck because I overlooked one stupid switch in an alcove. Love City In The Sky but you've actually gotta pay some attention to your surroundings in that one.

Samecuck.

>specifically makes it clear that I'm talking about a relationship
>"If you're talking about a relationship"
>"durrrr just watch the credits scene that doesn't actually show how this plotline developed in any way"

Still waiting on your refutation of everything else.

It's been 12 years since I last played it. Hopefully we get Switch ports of TP and WW soon.

>Still waiting on your refutation of everything else.
The rest is subjective as fuck dumbass. Swimming? No atmosphere ? No innovation? Dull soundtrack? It's a pasta with nothing backing it.

>TPleb mad that multiple people understand what a mediocre Zelda game TP is

Attached: 1561439491248.gif (250x255, 561K)

>doesn't even deny samefagging
OBSESSED AND GAY

So you've got nothing then. Most of those are also pretty specific critiques.

>dumbass couldn't read the "multiple people" part

Christ, TP fans really are delusional.

Attached: 1561312719569.gif (300x300, 2M)

Like I said, subjective. Do you honestly think people were giving a fuck about how Link swims in this game and OoT?

>fanart shit
Woooo

Gamecube version is at 4.38
Stay mad

Based
See this, now we can end this fucking thread forever

Attached: HighestRated.jpg (1723x1693, 3.13M)

>babby tier puzzles (open the door by shooting an obviously placed eye switch, woooow)
Isn't this all zelda games?

WW gets by almost exclusively on aesthetic elements. It'd be the best Zelda to turn into a book or movie but, largely due to its particularly troubled development, it's very much a subpar Zelda to actually play. But boy, is it charming and apparently that was enough.

Not an argument, continue seething though TPfag
That's still lower than every other 3D Zelda game besides SS, but yeah continue being being impressed with mediocrity

The only flaw with WW was because it was unfinished & the technology was pushed to the limit. Phantom Hourglass was originally supposed to be a GameCube WW sequel, that had land exploration & concluded WW's storyline properly. But backlash from westerners forced Nintendo to make TP

Yea but way way worse

BotW did away with it.

>yeah continue being being impressed with mediocrity
Indeed, look at all those people who voted for WW. What's funny is that this entire thread has been nothing but you reposting charts and ratings but never actually give a reason why WW is good. No talk about the dungeons, the side quests, story, characters, nothing and that speaks plenty.

>But backlash from westerners forced Nintendo to make TP
>this meme again
Nintendo teased OOT2 back in Spaceworld and gave the audience a cel shaded game that had none of the elements advertised. I'd be pissed too.

Already mentioned that the story, graphics & characters were the best in the series. The only thing i didn't like about Wind Waker was the fact that the islands lacked content, but since i play games for the story & characters, it doesn't bother me at all

>jabu literally handing you a pearl for shooting a wall isnt a flaw
>paying tingle each time you want to translate a chart isnt a flaw
>the braindead combat isnt a flaw
>a bottle, triforce chart, and piece of heart literally just being sold on a boat isnt a flaw

>I play games for story and characters, not content

figures, thats why you fellate a game thats missing 1/2 of its content

It was a tech demo and they even went out of their way to confirm that, dumb zoomer.

>MGS3 equals WW
Dumb cunt.
>BOTW has the worst story, feels like something is missing
If you mean the story is more low key and isn't laid out in long ass cutscenes, then yes. Don't compare it to MGSV's actual lack of a narrative.

Attached: 1558929342624.png (438x618, 417K)

>Already mentioned that the story, graphics & characters were the best in the series.
Fucking where and why? Why is WW's story the best in the series? Or the characters? Or even the art style?

It's easily the comfiest Zelda of all-time, and it's fun exploring all the different islands and random ships that float about and hidden dungeons and shit. The timeless aesthetics help too.

And it was clear what they wanted, and it wasn't an infantilization of the series. WW set the series so far back after OoT and LTTP made so much progress.

>I love all the old 3D Zelda games
If pushed to pick a favorite I'd probably say TP, but I don't mind if someone likes another one more.

>t's fun exploring all the different islands and random ships that float about and hidden dungeons and shit
It isn't when you have shit like the Ghost Boat to kill the mood.

> Dungeons were excellent, quality > Quantity.
> Soundtrack was flawless, best in the series behind OOT
> World Building was excellent, especially how it tied into the lore set up by Ocarina of Time
> Graphics were excellent, the graphical leap from MM to WW was unparelleled
> Atmosphere was flawless, no other game has come close to capturing the light-hearted & grand sense of adventure that WW has
Only contrarian hipsters shit on WW, it's been proven time & time again that most of the population (myself included) think it's a masterpiece

remember that island thats just three jagged rocks standing up in the water, and the only thing to do there is talk to the merchant in the boat circling around them?

remember the hurricane damaged island you cant do anything on except trade with the goron?

remember the fire and ice islands, which were gimped and take like 5 minutes to complete?

>linear as fuck and tons of hand-holding
Every 3D Zelda but OoT and BotW have this problem.
>cringeworthy cutscenes
A few of them are memeworthy but most are standard issue.
>not following up on certain story elements
Story's a bit schizophrenic but everything has a resolution.
>little to no innovation, doesn't even improve the formula from the N64 games
TP has the most swordplay options of any 3 Zelda thanks to hidden skills.
>Link isn't even as mobile as in previous games (Wind Waker Link could crouch and hide)
True, but those mechanics amounted to little of actual worth in WW.
>filler tear segments
WW and SS have far more nefarious filler quests.
>no atmosphere
Subjective.
>too much expository dialogue
True, TP does overcomplicate its narrative.
>artstyle that aged like milk
Subjective.
>swimming feels awful
Zora suit swimming is perfectly adequate, only Zora Link in MM feels better.
>non-existent difficulty even by 3D Zelda standards
True, this is objectively TP's biggest flaw.
>final boss was predictable and boring
Predictable, yes. Boring, not any more so than the other bosses.
>dungeon design is basically on rails
TP dungeon design revolves more around what you do rather than getting lost. It's mostly setpiece spectacle and it is VERY good at this.
>worst looking bokoblins in the series
SS and BotW exist.

TBC

>> Dungeons were excellent

stopped reading right there

Attached: 1548735286621.jpg (800x800, 156K)

>> Graphics were excellent, the graphical leap from MM to WW was unparelleled
The only truth in this post.

Ill tell you another flaw.

LINK IS FUCKING INVINCIBLE.
HE GETS ALL THESE NEW ABILITIES BUT YET NONE OF THE ENEMIES DO ANYTHING SO IT'S LIKE IM FIGHTING HERCULE OVER AND OVER AGAIN IN A GENERIC ASS BATTLE.

IF ENEMIES GOT UPGRADED TO WITH EVERY ABILITY I WOULD OF BEEN HAPPY

90% OF THE GAME IS FILLER ENEMIES WHICH MAKES THE GAME STALE.

I COULD ARGUE THAT THERE SHOULD OF BEEN 8 MORE DUNGEONS IN THE GAME TO MAKE UP FOR THIS PROBLEM.

A HUGE BOAT DUNGEON THAT TRAVELS THE WORLD.

ANOTHER ISLAND DUNGEON WHERE YOU CAN CONTROL THE WEATHER TO FINISH THE DUNGEON.

A UNDER THE HUGE OCEAN LEVEL WHICH WAS A HUGE WASTED THING.

A SEPERATED ISLAND DUNGEON WHERE YOU NEED TO BRING ISLANDS TOGETHER.

A DUNGEON THAT USES THE LITTLE BOAT ONLY.

A DUNGEON WHERE LINK HAS TO FIGHT UPSIDE DOWN UNDER WATER MIRRORED TO A UPSIDE LAND.

A DEEP DARK OCEAN LEVEL

A DUNGEOUN THAT YOU USE HOT AND COLD TO MANIPULATE THE FORM OF WATER TO ACCOMPLISH GOALS IN THE DUNGEON

Cope more, nobody will ever acknowledge your shit game (TP) & i look forward to seeing you faggots seethe over Wind Waker recieiving praise in the future

>especially how it tied into the lore set up by Ocarina of Time

everything is flooded, here's old hyrule except you cant do anything there, and fish became birds, except theres still fish and sharks in the sea but shut up

says the guy seething so hard he makes a thread about Twilight princess

What? No, it was clear that it was a tech demo because they went out of their way to clarify it. I get that you were too young at the time to understand what was happening, but Zelda isn't a series that tends to rehash itself.

>but Zelda isn't a series that tends to rehash itself.

>8.8

Attached: 1544539939933.jpg (1920x1080, 248K)

>It's mostly setpiece spectacle and it is VERY good at this.

So all style and zero substance? I mean I'm pretty sure that was his point.

If that was back in 2006, what would've been his score for WW back in 2002? Did he like the Triforce Hunt.

OoT, MM, TWW, SS and BotW all have radically different philosophies and takes on the common formula, even if they were formulaic at points. My point stands.

The ghost ship was cool and spooky as fuck though. It's part of the fun!

The fire and ice islands weren't great, sure.
But the other two don't bother me. They could have something more special going on than they do, but being unique locales is good enough. It's more about the atmosphere than the immediate gameplay content you can get out of it. There's plenty of that elsewhere in the game.

>I mean I'm pretty sure that was his point.
His point was thinking TP is the only one to do it when that the whole point of 3D Zelda dungeons. They look pretty but offer very little complex thinking while 2D Zelda does the opposite in looking pretty (opinions) while offering more complex challenges in their dungeons.

This. It also had way more optional content than TP.

I'm not even a big WW fan and even I enjoyed it more.

>its more about the atmosphere
>no, them having nothing to do doesnt matter

this is the antithesis of an argument. You are literally plugging your ears and drowing out logic to say "yah well it doesnt matter, it FELT good"

Born in 1988 truest zelda opinion here.

L.A. = ALTTP>>>OOT>MM=ZELDA 1>>OOA=OOS>>>> S>EVERY ROMHACK OF OOT MM ALTTP AND LA>CRYZEN UNREAL ENGINE OOT>ZELDA 2>>>BOTW=WW I NEVER PLAYED BOTW BUT HAS THE SAME PROBLEMS AS WW>ALBW>>>BINDING OF ISAAC SERIES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SKYWARD SWORD>>>>>>>SHIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TP=THE REST OF THE GAMES

>My point stands.
It doesn't considering they follow the same formula of Link as a hero and saving the world.

I remember fuckall what it got but it was shat on regardless because colours bad grit good people were retards

Attached: happy_zelda.png (484x646, 508K)

The dungeons in OoT, MM, SS and even BotW weren't really railroaded to the same degree as TP's, so not really.

>start new game
>remember the forest temple
>shut off console

fuck that place

>reusing the same areas and bosses
OoT and SS are just as guilty of reusing areas if not moreso. Bosses aren't reused aside from Zant's boss rush but even then his final stage is unique.
>most enemies are beaten in pretty much the same way: look for an opening, rapidly hit the B button until it recovers from the assault and guards again, rinse, repeat
That is how Zelda swordplay works, yes. Good job identifying that.
>crappy story, failed to explain anything in a compelling manner
Certainly arguable, everything that isn't Midna and Zant's narratives feel rather contrived.
>NPCs are soulless and not engaging, you can't even interact with most people in Castle Town
TP has no shortage of silly NPCs with quirky personalities, but finding a lot of them actually requires exploring the world a little instead of brownnosing the storyline.
>worst battle music in the series, which also ruined the midna's lament segment
Battle theme is inoffensive but yeah, it didn't need to be in the Midna's Lament section.
>barely any sidequests
It has sidequests, just not enough to fill the size of the world so proportionately it feels like there's very few. That's still a problem in its own way.
>basically no interconnected areas except for Lake Hylia
You could say this about any other 3D Zelda not named OoT.
>Death Mountain Area is a fucking line with no branches or secret areas
Death Mountain was also a line in OoT. If anything you should be more disappointed in Kakariko Village, that actually is weaker than OoT's take.
>item usage was limited
They could've done more and some items did have interesting qualities but clearly the focus was on swordplay.

TBC (again)

Yes, GameSpot gave WW a 9.3/10.
> Wind Waker:
> 77 Reviews = 90-100
> 3 Reviews = 85-89
Take the 3 reviews away and WW would have a 98 on Metacritic like SoulCalibur, GTA 4 & OOT

>The ghost ship was cool and spooky as fuck though. It's part of the fun!
It was like putting a blanket over the outline of a stallion and then revealing it to be a tiny horse. I have never felt so disappointed in my life. A big spooky ships that comes out of nowhere only to reveal the same baddies you fight.

Not the formula I was talking about. I know you TPfags can only comprehend everything in terms of surface level aesthetics and story, but games actually DO have their own game design philisophies as well.

>but it was shat on regardless because colours bad grit good people were retards
Just from the average players, the reviewers sucked it off to no ends for looking different and nothing else.

>dungeons
>BotW

Nintendo should have made a Wind Waker sequel on the GameCube, cancelled Skyward Sword & made Twilight Princess the Wii 3D Zelda game

>The dungeons in OoT, MM, SS and even BotW weren't really railroaded
Just BotW, all the dungeons in those games end the same way over and over. You're not even using railroading in the right context.

>potions, fairies, upgrades, and the like are useless and offer no variety
...What does this even mean? Since when were things like potions and fairies MORE varied? There's tons of things you can put in bottles in TP.
That's 3D Zelda for you. Even then, it still had better puzzles than WW and the sacred grove puzzle is one of the series' more infamous ones.
>dull soundtrack
Subjective.
>both the overworld and villages are shallow and not dynamic
Zelda has meaningfully dynamic overworlds outside of MM?
>no free-roaming, gotta wait for the plot to explore other areas
WW and SS were just as bad about this.

TP's dungeons are the same exact thing as OoT, MM, WW and SS. They all operate the same way at a base level. Prior to BotW, 3D Zelda dungeons have always been more defined by dungeon gimmicks than spatial navigation, save for a few exceptions. Coincidentally, Lakebed Temple is one of those few exceptions.

>You're not even using railroading in the right context.

Yes I am, and he was as well. The navigation as railroaded as fuck and the only way you could argue otherwise is if you haven't played the other games.

Attached: dungeon-maps.png (849x565, 146K)

>Not the formula I was talking about.
It's the only formula worth talking about. All 3D dungeons preBotW follow the same formula that point more emphasis on looks than complexity. WW is the clearest example of the ones that don't do either well. They're forgettable and lacking in aesthetics or compexity.

what are maps of one floor of the dungeon supposed to tell me? theres mroe to it than just those rooms

Only plebs hate TP and MGS4.
Pretty sure most of nu/v/ hasn't played MGS4 though with it being exclusive to one last gen console with no emulation or current gen ports. Old Yea Forums loved both.

>It also had way more optional content than TP

That's not a good thing. Most of it is repetitive filler.
>all those reefs
>all those enemy platforms
>all those treasure maps
>all those big octos
>all those submarines
>all those holes with enemies inside
>the fucking figurines
>the most boring trade quest in the franchise
WW is the second-most tedious Zelda to 100%, first place obviously being BotW.
What people don't seem to realize is that the earliest Zelda games don't actually have much in the way of side content. LoZ only has the secret heart containers. AoL has some health upgrades (the magic upgrades are actually mandatory so you can cast Thunder). LttP introduced some mini-games and heart containers but even then it was pretty brief. LA had the seashells. MM was the first to put an actual focus on it at the expense of the main quest.

Yes yes, we've all seen Boss Keys. That you go right, then left, then forward is irrelevant. What is relevant is the stuff you do along that path.

>autismo actually takes this much time to respond to every bulletpoint
>agrees with half of them anyway

Attached: 1560579469562.gif (368x349, 2.53M)

First floor, now the second and third floors.

>sections of the game are frustrating
bro i beat this shit when i was 10, its easy as hell. only part i got stuck on was where you need to use a bomb to blow up some rocks in the first temple

>heh people having a discussion is autism

I like Boss Keys, but I don't personally share that "linear bad" philosophy he has.
The Shadow Temple is the most linear dungeon in OoT but I still love it. I agree with what you said about the stuff you do along that path

WOW THE POWER OF BEO BINTENDO

COMPARED TO MY PICTURE

Attached: Screenshot_20190302-012655.png (720x1280, 435K)

Just because I said "true" a few times doesn't mean I'm full blown conceding the point. The thing is MANY of those points are just general problems with 3D Zelda, not just TP.

No, it's entirely relevant when it applies to every dungeon and becomes predictable after the second one. And when the "stuff you do along that path" was also addressed in original post you were disputing, it's hard to make a good case for TP's dungeons at all mechanically.

Just admit you liked them for the pretty shallow setpieces. We won't judge you too hard, I promise.

it isnt bad by any means at all. Its a good quality Zelda game. Thing is the aesthetics is pretty much what people complain about.
Then there is this back and forth of which was better Wind Waker or TP. TP has an open map but it is empty compared to Wind Wakers map.

We loved MGS4, but always hated TP. This was the first list Yea Forums ever made aside from the GameFaqs contests, nobody liked TP & the consensus on Yea Forums was that it was the worst 3D Zelda. People only started to circlejerk it when Skyward Sword came out

Attached: DA0AB794-9B7C-4FE3-8503-D12B3586490F.jpg (1200x701, 240K)

I don't like MGS4 because it felt like Kojima was taking a giant shit on Snake.

god I HATED reefs
>set wind to go in, maybe around one part of the center rock
>all cannons firing at you, no aiming recticle so you have to waste shots trying to hit them
>switch the wind to go the other way otherwise you move at a snails pace
>maybe even do this a third time
>no go back to the beginning , then run all the way around the outside rim to get to the chest

Midna.

>We
Don't ever speak for me you faggot ass phoneposter.

>its hard to make an argument for its dungeons at all

one has you walking upside down on the roof or on walls, wreslting gorons, and dodging lava

one has you grinding on a beyblade up walls, navigating a tomb, and fighting a giant skeleton head

one has you navigating an iconic temple and using a giant statue to fight enemies

how are those all the same?

Cope

Half of your responses were either "full blown" conceding or partially conceding

Either way there's merit to that post, TP fails at a ton of things and doesn't really stick the landing even when it tries to half the time and none of the other 3D Zeldas have THAT many strikes against them at once

>The first level can have copy pasted layout for multiple dungeons and the rest of the game doesn't suffer for that.

If i was a billionaire id buy out zelda from nintendo and make my own game with alttp dungeons mixed with 3d game plat

>No, it's entirely relevant when it applies to every dungeon and becomes predictable after the second one.

Then I hope you apply that same level of scrutiny to every 3D Zelda that isn't BotW. Just because TP settles into a particular groove doesn't mean the meat of it isn't your typical 3D Zelda dungeon fare, because it very much is.

I grew up with metal gear and mgs4 sucked compared to the rest freinds said the same

Faggot phoneposter

but none of those layouts are the same

are you blind?

Lets just admit nintendo hasnt tried with their games to push the boundaries in 2 decades

Huh. Guess my memory isn't that good. Well I was half right about what old Yea Forums liked. You got a list post Skyward Sword release with TP on it or does it never make it?
That's nice sweetie, but we're talking about old Yea Forums not you.

>and that's a good thing

uh....breath of the wild

Using different rooms doesn't mean that the path is not the same.

How mediocre is nintendo for doing this shady ass mcdonalds toy shit.

THIS SAME SHIT HAPPENED WITH WOW DUNGEONS PAST 2ND EXPANSION

Hey guys OP made another thread to shit on TP. Look for the thread with pic

>Don't ever speak for me
But he is speaking for old Yea Forums not newfags from reddit. #reckt

It depends on one's sensibilities. For my money, I'm just as harsh on Wind Waker and feel like that game does almost nothing right. Dungeons are completely lacking in memorability, sidequests are generally more annoying, overworld navigation is just as shallow in execution despite the surface appeal of adventure, pacing is fucked from front to back, I have no shortage of unkind words to throw that game's way. I think it's FAR worse than TP, but that's just me. Once you get past the N64 Zeldas, or really just OoT, the discussion on 3D Zeldas gets crazy muddled with personal perceptions and dispositions. Hardly anyone agrees with anyone else.

>conveniently leaves out "mechanically" when quoting my post
>goes on to describe the shallow setpieces, which was also addressed in my post

Good god, you're not even trying.

Filler enemies....... enemies can't kill you in creative ways........ music aesthetics dungeouns are worse than previous zeldas

Litterally this could be fixed if nintendo focused on enemy ai but noooooope.

>the layouts are the same
>even though they have more or less rooms or are mapped completely differently
>but you can take a similar route through them, so its the same

Attached: 1535689064240.gif (498x498, 613K)

>letting phoneposters speak for old Yea Forums
Dilate

Nah all games are tedious to play

not a single one of those play the same besides having a boss and multiple rooms, so Im not sure how "mechanically" disproves what I said

>Just because TP settles into a particular groove doesn't mean the meat of it isn't your typical 3D Zelda dungeon fare, because it very much is.

Prove it. Name on other 3D Zelda game that repeats the same navigational routes that many fucking times. I'll wait.

The truth is every 3D Zelda did at least one aspect better than the rest. Thus giving them their identity, TP is the only one that does not stand out in ever aspect, which is why it’s the worst 3D Zelda. Because it doesn’t try to innovate & solely goes through the motions on what people expect a Zelda game should be. You don’t remember anything from TP except Midna.
> OOT: Pacing, Dungeons, OST, Story
> MM: Overworld, Side Quests
> WW: Graphics, Characters
> SS: Storytelling
> BOTW: Exploration, Gameplay

majora's mask
windwaker, with the teleporting cyclones
Phantom hourglass, with the tower

Then you realize your traveling the same shit over and over and you shut the game off and never pick up a zelda game again because how shitty that is as a motherfucking game.

Its like making a mobile game as a full game

>> SS: Storytelling
Opinion literally discarded, try harder next time OP

Guess you are one of the wave of newfags from the reddit invasion that disagreed with what old Yea Forums liked.
That was your point right? To set yourself apart as definitively separate from the pic that constitutes old Yea Forums opinions?

Yes, this was made 3 years after Skyward Sword came out.

Attached: 45F84A1F-883B-4A2B-A19D-3CE680980225.jpg (1250x940, 883K)

but...youre not

the only way youre travelling the same way over and over again is if youre purposefully skipping rooms to follow your retarded left right up route

>> WW: Graphics, Characters
Just the graphics, the characters are very one note in WW.

TP stands out by having the most swordplay options. Unfortunately, they made the critical mistake of making them optional which severely hampered their necessity. A real shame since at full tilt TP's a clear winner on that front.

Majora's Mask absolutely doesn't. Even Wind Waker doesn't (and I have no idea what the fuck you mean by "teleporting cyclones" when we're obviously talking about dungeons). Phantom Hourglass' master dungeon isn't even comparable because it's literally the same dungeon.

What do you mean.

I grew up with the PSX

MGS4 was off compared tl the rest

>all the dungeons in TP are the same(theyre not)
>phantom hourglass doesnt count, because its one dungeon(that you have to traverse each time LITERALLY following the same route)

I dont think you played phantom hourglass

>SS: Storytelling

Actually, SS: Dungeons. They weren't just diverse setpieces with generally good boss fights, they also had the mechanical depth to back them up.

WW has the best version of Link, Zelda & Ganon. But no other memorable characters. MM in terms of sheer numbers wins in terms of well written characters but none of them are memorable

Its ugly as fuck if that's what you meant. All the characters fall into the uncanny valley.

> KOTOR goes from top 8 in the 2008 list to not even being ranked
How?

I mean you're a newfag. I was very straightforward with that. Is English your second language and you think newfag is related to age?

>best version of Link,
TP
>Zelda
ST
>& Ganon.
OoT
You're a faggot OP. :)

Yes, retard, it doesn't count because it's one dungeon. The point is that TP has multiple dungeons that repeat the same routes, and also to far greater of a degree than PH's Temple of the Ocean King that you only visit a few times throughout the story.

>that repeats the same navigational routes that many fucking times

You're missing my point. It's irrelevant that the navigational pathing is the same because the dungeon design ideas are the same. Your navigational pathing comes in the form of solving individual rooms, the structure of the overall thing doesn't really matter much short of incorporating cental gimmicks like Lakebed's staircase or Snowpeak's soup making. Navigational pathing in 90% of 3D Zelda dungeons is more dictated on a room by room basis rather than considering the larger structure. Every now and then you do get a Water Temple or a Sky Keep where such elements are pursued in a meaningful fashion but they're in the minority.

it absolutely counts because you have to keep following the same fucking route. LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME FUCKING ROUTE. THE THING YOU ARE ARGUING IS A FLAW. It doesnt matter if its the same dungeon, because you LEAVE that dungeon. then you come back, and you DO THAT EXACT SAME ROUTE

>the point is that TP has multiple dungeons that repeat the same routes

it doesnt, unless like said, youre purposefully ignoring the other parts of the dungeons

Cope Zoomer, Old-Yea Forums hated TP. Therefore anyone who likes it is a newfag Redditor

No, botw added 120 instances of it

Not one bit of this was true

>Cope Zoomer
How can I be one when so sorry sweaty, and take the dick out of your mouth.

Name one shrine that does that.

>Unplayable
I thought that one of the biggest complaints about the gameplay was that it was piss easy and you could just get through everything using the tranq?

> Literally posts the first best game list Yea Forums ever made
> TP wasn’t even ranked & didn’t make our list until 2014 after SS came out and even then was ranked dead last
Cope more

>8.8

>LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME FUCKING ROUTE.

Kek, even this isn't true because revisits to that dungeon opens up new routes as you obtain new items.

TPlebs are so fucking dumb it hurts.

I play a Zelda game to be Mr. sword and shield, not Woof Faggot McYiffington's journey through the spooky woods.

The Ju Shekl shrine of course.

>Woof Faggot McYiffington's journey
Autism

it opens up new routes that still have you going up up up

thats the same route as left right up, right?

At first, it only opens up shortcuts, i.e. the bombs let you go through cracked walls etc.
Later in the game, you can unlock secret rooms with late-game stuff like Bombchus and the Grappling Hook.
Really, the second half of the temple has a lot more secret paths for returning visits.

Is a good score, people just chimped out because it was slightly below a 9 and we all know how inflated review scaling is.

>acting like that's a bad review
Man told the truth, now I wish they did the same for Skyrim or Fallout 4.

No, TPP is a good experience that's a retread of a better installment, MGS4 is a disaster

What? The Temple of the Ocean King isn't even a verticle tower. Did you even play PH? Are you confusing this with ST?

Epic.

>MGS4
>the last good one
I want to fucking die

Attached: 1552179463471.jpg (436x365, 22K)

TP is my favourite 3D Zelda but why are we having at least one thread a week about it? what's the purpose? why no WW threads? or OoT threads? or MM threads? hell why no Minish Cap threads?

>why no WW threads?
Because then we'd rip it apart and OP would make another thread like this to seethe.

Seeth harder furfag

Do people really hate a game so much that they enter a thread just to spend an hour arguing how much they think it sucks?

It's actually pretty bad. Empty overworld, very little sidequests, and dungeons that are only appealing if you value aesthetics and setpieces over content. If you want fluff and style, you can actually just go play SS and get more bang for your buck as far as puzzles go.

Yea Forums has historically always liked those games so there’s no reason to make threads about it. TP is the most divisive game in the series

>furfag
Stop projecting tranny.

It's the most controversial game in the series because a lot of people love it and a lot of people hate it.
It shouldn't be, though. Wind Waker should be the most controversial because it's terribly unfinished and falls off a cliff 2/3rds of the way through the game, and yet it has a ridiculously autistic cult following.

>Yea Forums has historically always liked those games so there’s no reason to make threads about it.
We literally had a thread today about what TP things anons would like to see make an appearance in BotW2. Stop being a faggot.

>you can actually just go play SS
Just but Simon Says instead. Same game, a lot less shittier than SS.

>TP is the most divisive game in the series

Among the most, yes. More divisive than SS or WW, though? Nah.

But WW is a decent game also, just held back by too much fucking ocean.

Dosn't mean we need a thread a week about it.

I think WW gets a free pass because of its artstyle and TP gets shit for the same reason, never understood the complaints because the artstyle for TP is some of the best in Zelda in my opinion.

Attached: The_Legend_of_Zelda_Art_Artifacts_002_D_p288_289.jpg (4584x3056, 1.87M)

TP has a lot going against it, but one argument I never understood was that the game looks bad. A lot of faggots like to say that the game's only goal was being realistic, and that it had poor art direction, but it's unique looking and holds up pretty well.

Play her game. Play A Link Between Worlds.

Attached: __princess_zelda_the_legend_of_zelda_a_link_between_worlds_and_etc_drawn_by_mimme_haenakk7__b6eed381 (794x1122, 609K)

I'd say WW is pretty divisive too.

>just held back by too much fucking ocean.
It's not just the ocean, the dungeons, the side missions, the overworld, it's a slog that needs a thread to dissected and be discussed over.

>Stop projecting tranny
t. tranny furfag

>t. tranny furfag
Now you admit it. Gross.

As a TPfag I do like its artstyle but even I'll admit that it's also home to some of the most atrocious and inconsistent character design in the series. I'm all for diving off the top of Zora's Domain as the sun rises once a playthrough because I think it's a breathtaking sight but you know what isn't a breathtaking sight? Malo. Sorry, kid's just not at all cute. He's a cool dude but that face, man.

>Majora's Mask = Metal Gear Solid 2

That was retarded.

Attached: 1548323550695.jpg (641x530, 25K)

There is literally no purpose since you are in the minority, Yea Forums has ranked Wind Waker extremely highly since it’s inception. The consensus has always been that it’s a masterpiece but inferior to MM, BOTW, OoT & ALTTP. The only complaint that people mention is Triforce shard bullshit & the lack of difficulty, everything else only gets brought up by people who coincidentally happen to like TP

What an insufferably dismissive post.

>There is literally no purpose
>Guys we should stop having discussions because literal whos on the internet have done the talking for us.
Did you realize how stupid that sounds? That's you.

>The only complaint that people mention is Triforce shard bullshit & the lack of difficulty,
>not the dungeons, the overworld, the collectathon side quests, the rushed ending, the forced stealth dungeon, the entire last half, this webm

Attached: WindWaker.webm (640x360, 2.52M)

>but inferior to MM, BOTW, OoT & ALTTP
And TP too.

Attached: smug link.jpg (455x483, 42K)

Ironically, the Triforce quest is the best fucking part of WW because it's when the game completely opens up, becomes nonlinear and encourages you to explore everything you can find in the overworld. I get the complaints about paying Tingle a fortune to decipher the maps but I never really understood the hate for it otherwise, especially when other Zelda fetch quests had you doing this shit in contained zones with little to no exploration.

> Still spamming this Webm
Cope

Wind Waker's sidequests are way better than TP's though. There are way more of them to boot.

Gamecubefags opinions don't matter, they simply cope with negation about how they only got rushed games and how with the exception of Metroid and Smash all Gamecube games are the weakest in their series.

Twilight Princess > Wind Waker
Galaxy > Sunshine
Shake it > Wario World
Smooth Moves > Warioware
MKWii > Double Dash

Even Nintendo executives & developers themselves know TP is shit, WW was in their top 10 all time Nintendo games. Which is ironic since FF6 was 4th but wasn’t even made by Nintendo

I agree with those rankings but TP was meant to be on the Gamecube, user. The Wii version was a bit of a quick and dirty port while the GC version, ready to go back in 2005, was delayed a year.

>IT'S PERFECT SHUT UP!!!!
This is what I was talking about. The game has an incredibly autistic following who fly into a rage when you criticize it.
It was a game with a rushed development cycle that was never finished. The Triforce quest at the end of the game is just the tip of the iceberg, the game has a laundry list of issues that drag the experience down and make it one of the worst 3D Zeldas. Like said however, people let that fly because they like the art style and the atmosphere.

Attached: 1532077499507.jpg (700x782, 41K)

>MKWii > Double Dash

Imagine having taste this bad

Imagine thinking Wii was better than GCN

glad she's dead

Attached: SSBU_challenge_image_011.png (960x540, 664K)

Attached: 4564871D-2EBE-463A-9865-C4C629711869.jpg (640x879, 265K)

>seething cause his baby game never lets go

>phoneposting plus Gamefaqs
Guys why are WWfags such cucks?

Wii was better than GCN. Unless you were so attached to peripherals like the Game Boy Player that you put it above Wii's (very good) Virtual Console, Wii did everything a Gamecube did that mattered on top of having its own library full of underappreciated gems.

>it's when the game completely opens up, becomes nonlinear and encourages you to explore everything you can find in the overworld.
Unfortunately it was the WW overworld.

Thing is this one dude is obsessed with proving WW is anything but mediocre. All these pics of ratings and charts, that’s all him. It’s ACfag tier.

If you weren’t a massive zoomer faggot you would know that IGN & GameFaqs were the only places to discuss video games from 1998-2008. Since Reddit & Yea Forums didn’t exist until the late 2000s. So yeah anything on GameFaqs which always got the most traffic was indicative of the Internet gaming community’s collective opinion.

Games are made solely for enjoyment purposes, if a large amount of people consider it one of their favourite games then it’s objectively a good game

The way they did it is inorganic. Relative to what you were doing for some 20-ish hours prior to this quest, it's such a fast about face that it has the effect of being a pacing brickwall instead of a freeing experience like it was probably meant to be. It's not that the idea was bad, it's that it was too little, too late. The game should have functioned like the Triforce quest the moment you got your boat, not 90% of the way into the game where it suddenly feels like you've been taken out of the game you've been playing all this time. It was the right thing to do but they did it the wrong way.

>tfw my first run of TP was on the wii
>tfw i actually enjoyed the motion controls
i don't get why people hate TP. it was good. i liked the level design too, each area felt fairly big but it also had that linear gameplay like OOT.

Attached: comfy.jpg (1024x576, 118K)

>having its own library full of underappreciated gems

Both consoles have underappreciated gems, what a useless point

Wii still has the worst:

Mario Kart game
Zelda game
Animal Crossing game
Metroid game
Smash Bros game

And a ton of shitty first part shovelware like Wii Fit and Wii Music

Literally zoomie's first Nintendo console

>actually going ad populum

This is the part where people cite all sorts of shitty, microtransaction AAA/mobile skinner boxes as a counterargument because millions of people play those.

>people like it so its good

Attached: 1557882374157.jpg (250x167, 7K)

>WWcucks would die in masse from lung cancer because everyone back then smoked for enjoyment purposes which meant it was a good thing
Lmao WWcucks really are the lowest of low

>The game should have functioned like the Triforce quest the moment you got your boat, not 90% of the way into the game

I get that, and I agree, but I'm saying it's something. It's way better than the average mandatory Zelda fetchquest by default and I don't really play Zelda games for narrative "pacing" anyway.

mario kart wii is far from the worst game. The only valid argument I ever hear about it is the item spam and AI, which 8/8D have in spades

> Seething that TP doesn’t fit any metric of being a good game except contrarianism due to being less popular than every 3D Zelda except SS
The only way to settle this is by making a strawpoll & having people vote on the best 3D Zelda for several hours

>Millions of people smoke and inject heroin, therefore it’s good.

>It's way better than the average mandatory Zelda fetchquest by default
>go to the shithead faggot every 5 minutes to pay him translate all these charts(some of which are literally just locked behind paywalls)
>ok, now go get 2 shards, go grind rupees again because he charges almost 400 rupees for each chart, then ferry back and do it all over again

oh yah, real depth

> Being a contrarian means i’m smart
Literally resetera tier logic, not sure i expect anything else from newfags

>a strawpoll
That won’t solve anything because you’re still going to have cucks like here at the end of the day.

>Mario Kart game
I grew up with it but fuck, 64 has aged so very badly and I still like SMK to this day.
>Zelda game
I'd say either Spirit Tracks or Four Swords Adventure is the actual worst mainline Zelda.
>Animal Crossing game
No comment, never played this series.
>Metroid game
Yes, but it also has Prime 3 which is a fine mid tier entry in a generally high tier series.
>Smash Bros game
Even with tripping it's still so much of an improvement to 64, though relative to their times in the sun Brawl is comparatively worse.

Missing my point because I already addressed that.

>his metric of a game being good is whether people on the internet like it or not

>WWfaggot gets BTFO he literally cries resetera
Lmao cuck

>ad populum is contrarian

you are one dumb motherfucker

no, tell me how that makes it better than a fetch quest

because it doesnt

ITT we see WWfags can’t defend their shitty game and have to suck off game forums and literal whos off the internet for validation

We actually already tried that, there was a poll up for 16 hours with 245 games on it for people to vote for their favourite games.

Attached: 5A7769A3-FF82-4D9A-845A-323A47DFB575.jpg (2560x2000, 791K)

Imagine living in a world where TP isn't the second most successful Zelda behind BotW.

>people still prop Pokemon RBY after FRLG made them obsolete
These polls are fucking retarded.

It outsold WW and that makes it automatically better than WW.

>botw above the classics on any list
Fuck I hate game journalism

Can we fucking end the thread now? It’s clear that the only Zelda game that people consider bad is Skyward Sword. All of this shitflinging is why Zelda fags are literally the worst fanbase

No one has to think it’s the best 3D Zelda for it to be a good game, I love TP but ocarina is always going to be my fav.

>HGSS but no Platinum
Yea Forums has terrible taste

i still play MK64 to this day with my niggas. we accept some of its blaring imbalances and flaws, but man that shit is still fun.

>MGS3 isn't top 3
>nier out of nowhere is on the top 3
You posted the wrong list

It’s just one WWfag who’s flinging shit. He made another thread just to shit on TP.

>this basic ass kotaku list
Typical of v, I bet no one that voted played half those games

TP is mediocre by Zelda standards because it’s literally a rehash of OOT for zoomers who were too young to play it growing up. When compared to other western garbage that we’ve gotten this decade it’s a masterpiece when you install the graphics mod

But Skyward Sword is decent. It's like a mid tier Zelda.

This.

I feel like I’m the only person on this board who enjoyed the game. Yeah it had waggle but it was pretty intuitive once you got used to it. Dungeons and music were also above average for a 3D Zelda.

>rehash of OOT for zoomers who were too young to play it growing up
No that’s literally WW. You have the same fetch three colored stones from OoT, find the master sword to beat Ganon from OoT.

OoT was my first Zelda way back in 2000, and even then TP's still my favorite. In fact they make up my top 2 Zeldas, I just like TP slightly more.

I have never understood this

what is rehashed about it? It has the temple of time? the story is completely different. The world map? ok, but its set in hyrule after the events of OoT, its not going to suddenly be a new world. MM was a mirror hyrule, WW had a giant ocean

Imagine being this retarded. Yikers.

The game was made as a love letter to Ocarina, it’s clearly the most inspired by it of any 3D Zelda that isn’t MM. I don’t understand why that’s a bad thing though, they only did that once (which is what all the fans wanted at the time) and they’ve done something new ever since then.

>gets BTFO
>no u
Never change WWcuck

Attached: 667917DD-3F4E-4D93-B705-BB8B384A43CB.gif (360x156, 1.21M)

WW was literally hated for being to different from past Zelda games you absolute retard. Until Black Flag came out it was the only 3D game with open world sailing. TP was praised initially because of its return to traditional series routes. If WW was a literal 1-1 rehash of OOT with its graphics & sailing it would have had a 99 Metascore.

if you think anything you said was BTFO-tier, please consult your psychiatrist about increasing your dosage

> thinks everyone who doesn’t like Twilight Princess is the exact same person, when Yea Forums has over 20,000 users
Jesus christ, honestly think Jannies need to ID people on this board like they do on /pol/

>intentionally ignoring the post
Cringe and WWpilled

Twilight Princess is the Dark Souls of Zelda games.

> Says WW is a rehash
> Explain why it’s the most unique Zelda game, which is why it was so divisive among the Zelda fandom
> Cries that i somehow ignored the post
I hate Zoomers

Shut the fuck uo faggot your already outed yourself as a cuck with lmao

IDs have been in dire need for years now. Yea Forums can't self-moderate for shit and far too many people shitpost behind complete anonymity.

>everyone hated it
>literally every review sucked it off because it looked pretty and ignored every flaw
WW is the stain on the series like SS.

Memes aside, that would be Zelda II.

Artstyle got WW off on the wrong foot but sailing that was so cumbersome that the HD remaster had to rework it didn't help matters either.

>Unfortunately it was the WW overworld.

Fuck you, WW's overworld is great.

>open sea with over 30 islands to chart and discover
>tons of treasure to dig and submarines to raid
>grottos that actually contain more content than just one empty room this time

>WW was literally hated for being to different from past Zelda games you absolute retard.
For looking different, it’s not fundamentally different than OoT. Except in quality, of which it doesn’t have any close to OoT’s.

TP is the FF8 of Zelda
WW is the FFX of Zelda
MM is the FF9 of Zelda
OOT is the FF7 of Zelda
ALTTP is the FF6 of Zelda
BOTW is the RE4 of Zelda
SS is the FF13 of Zelda

I don't know, but it's unironically the best zelda

>WW's overworld is great.
>literally a blue field teeming with the sameness moblins on boats/subs/lookout posts and the occasional tiny ass island
The Ghost Ship was the icing on the shit cake that is WW’s overworld.

Normalfags literally named it a top 30 game of all time back in 2004, it only was ranked lower because it got utterly destroyed by StarCraft in the 3rd round.

Gay

Based

gayyyyyyyyyyyyy. even ff13 feels like a masterpiece compared to skyward sword. i'd rather suck a dick than play skyward sword ever again. trash fucking game.

It's slightly better than OoT's. The appeal of islands was shallower than expected between the game not taking the training wheels off until the halfway point and possibly being item gated out of island exploration anyways. Filling out the chart was great and there is some stuff on the sea to get caught up in but overall it's just like OoT but with sailing instead of horses.

Except everyone loves Majora's Mask, while everyone hates DS2.

It's not as divisive as DaSII but the people that hate MM are incredibly vocal about it and genuinely cannot stand it.

>literally a blue field

Have you never seen the ocean before? And what's wrong with switching things up for one game? It's not like the Great Sea is a series mainstay or anything.

>and the occasional tiny ass island

But there are dozens of them. Travel time takes like two minutes in the original and even less time in the remake.

The Ghost Ship could have been better but it was fine for what it was.

So then why is the only complaint that people outside this shithole share about WW the Triforce shard quest? Yea Forums isn’t even among the top 20 gaming forums in terms of traffic, yet you faggots act like we speak for the entire internet. And even then Zelda fags will disregard any sources that goes against their personal beliefs. Which is a problem with Yea Forums as a whole since Yea Forums never has this problem

>So then why is the only complaint that people outside this shithole share about WW the Triforce shard quest?
Ask a random person off the street when was the last time they played WW, or any Zelda for that matter.

>But there are dozens of them.
Quality over quantity. They’re forgetful as fuck

Because criticizing WW (and 3D Zeldas in general) requires more critical thinking skills than most people on the internet either want to expend or are ever challenged to expend in the first place. For all the shitposting on this board, Yea Forums is something of an exception to that on an insular culture level.

No, MGS4 is good and TP is pandering to those fucks who wanted a "realistic Zelda" and got a slow paced empty game.

Literally the only Zelda games that aren’t universally beloved are TP & SS, TP came out during the tail end of the golden era which is why the fanbase has such a toxic mindset towards it. Just like FF8 fans who are jealous of FF9 for being the favored game, while FF8 remains largely disliked among journos. People who like TP lash out at WW because it’s acclaimed & they are jealous that TP doesn’t recieve the same kind of mainstream attention. People don’t want to admit it but it only became acceptable to claim to like TP when Skyward Sword came out & everyone realized how horrible it was. Just look at the Yea Forums lists as an example, none of us had TP until after SS was out for several years. Due to it taking TP’s place as the punching bag of the series.

So then why is WW always in the top 50 of every best game contest we’ve made over the years?

Because it still has its fans. It just also has more coherent than average detractors. The proportion of each is something I don't know, though these days it seems it's more frequent to see WW get shit on 'round these parts.

You mean that it's one of the first ones yet?
Then yes.

It’s always TP fans shitting on WW, they are literally incapable of reacting to criticism of their own game without shitting on WW out of context because of jealousy. They’re desperately trying to push the narrative of WW being divisive when in reality it’s been universally beloved ever since it came out. I’ve never seen anyone defend TP without attacking Wind Waker for no explicit reason. Whereas whenever people defend WW it’s the same group of Faggots spamming webm’s & vague buzzwords about it every time

>chell with huge tits
why is this so hot

The thing with that is that the games are polar opposites, not just in artstyle but in design sensibility. WW focused on the overworld but came up short on dungeons, while TP focused on dungeons but came up short in the overworld. It's not exactly weird to see the fans of those 2 games at each other's throats, it just depends on what you want more out of a Zelda really. The reality of the situation is that both games are equally good/flawed in complete opposite directions.

Yes, it's shitty, dumb and wants to be taken seriously, and if you were a "I'm mature for my age" teen you did, finding it the coolest shit. And like with MGS4 nostalgia prevents most of those people to admit this.

You mean the only reason WWfags say the game is good is because of the quirky art style.

People when they criticize Wind Waker not just on Yea Forums do it because
- Ridiculously easy
- Pathetic "Wait to press A to win" combat
- Unrewarding exploration. The fucking map is divided in squares with an island in the center. You aren't exploring when you know where to go. Pretty much all the islands with the exception of the resort are the same with a slight variation, when you finish them you get a treasure chart that only gives you rupees.
- The dungeons are trash.
- Less enemy types than Botw
- Tingle

TP is shit and OoT 0.25.

botw is trash

The bulk of BotW can be boiled down to "it's a less shitty WW".

Your argument would have validity if WW didn’t top every best Zelda game list for the last 15 years, face facts. TP & SS are widely considered the worst 3D Zelda’s and no amount of personal nostalgia towards them will change this. All of the other 3D Zelda’s are universally acclaimed & people have been arguing for ages on which is the best in the series. The only thing consistent about all of those Zelda lists is TP & SS being at the bottom