Expect an amazing story with a bunch of branching storylines, player faculty, unique characters...

>expect an amazing story with a bunch of branching storylines, player faculty, unique characters, nuanced dialogue about power and freedom, and quests that require you to think stuff out
>get some decent characters, cliched stilted dialogue, boring quests that are only one step above fetch quests, and almost no agency in the plot other than choosing between two sides
needing to read something doesn't make something less of a fetch quest if the only thing you need to do is walk to some place and grab a thing. People hyped up the Ocean House Hotel like mad and it's just a bunch of jump scares and exposition-laden newspapers and a diary telling you what happened, picking up a pendant, and then going back home

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 43K)

>expect OP to make an amazing post with a bunch of well-written criticism of an admittedly flawed masterpiece
>Instead he just sucks cock like usual and writes complete an utter lies in a desperate attempt to get attention on a Javanese croqueting website
Here's your (You) hope you feel better man.

sorry sir

how about this latest release of mass effect, the ultimate romance edition - rainbow version

now 1000% more gay / lesbian / trangender / and everything else in between.

hope you're ready for this ride, dont forget the lube!

the game came out in the early 2000s and was the first source game made by developers who arent valve, who also didnt have the proper skills to use the engine properly either in its early build

gotta give them credit cuz what they did with it was pretty damn good, just make sure you play with the fan patches and its solid

im playing with just the GOG version, do I need more

no, anything gog adds should be enough. give it some time, it branches out a fair bit

Made by the team responsible for Fallout 1 and 2. You sound like an underage dumb ass.

pleb

not sure if the gog version includes the patch, you need it to finish the game

Attached: pIPnlf3.jpg (1200x2268, 535K)

GOG version all fan patches and restorations necessary for a good experience, so pretty much anything you'd regularly mod the game with, they do it with most old games

Why the fuck is this piece of shit so expensive ?

i got it for £4 in a gog sale lol

i just pirated it

>Made by the team responsible for Fallout 1 and 2.
No it wasn't. And who gives a shit even if it was? Are they incapable of doing wrong or something? Don't be such a fucking retard fanboy.

>no it wasn't

How new are you? Holy shit my dude, you've embarrassed yourself. Yikes.

90% of the people who worked on Bloodlines had nothing to do with Fallout. It's not the same team.

>finish first playthrough today
>accidentally choose to open the sarcophagus because I assumed the second choice for malk was to toss away the key so nobody could open it
>only two options

Attached: 1509588369812.gif (300x300, 1.99M)

n 1997, Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky and Jason Anderson were working on the Fallout sequel at Interplay. Finishing the initial design for Fallout 2, they were unable to come to an agreement with Interplay about the future team structure. They decided to leave Interplay to form a company that felt more like the old Interplay, producing role-playing video games for PC in 1997. They formed their company on April 1, 1998, calling their new company Troika Games (a Russian word "Tpoйкa" meaning "three of any kind"), since they were the three key Designers/Artists/Coders behind the critically acclaimed Fallout.[1] They initially planned to do games exclusively for one publisher (Sierra Entertainment), but every game was published by a different company.[2] After being unable to secure funding for future projects, they were forced to lay off their staff in late 2004 and later closed in 2005.

Read this from Troika's wiki. You could've done this yourself you know. I assume you know how to use a search engine right? Now stop embarrassing yourself.

All the early non-Valve Source games were incredible. I wish we got more of them, they're all so great in their own quirky ways.

What's your point? I never said NOBODY from Black Isle worked on Bloodlines, I said it's not the same team and it's not.

>some of the rank and file code monkeys are different
>see guys, totally different teams! I'm not moving the goal posts at all!

>>some of the rank and file code monkeys are different
The lead writer for the game, and writing is the thing everyone praises about the game, had nothing to do with Fallout. Character designers: nothing to do with Fallout. Level designers: nothing to do with Fallout. Audio: nothing to do with Fallout. Animators: nothing to do with Fallout. It goes on and on and on. Go fuck yourself.

Yeah, just ignore who the project lead and the creative director were, and then it has way less to do with Fallout.

VTMB might be one of the most overrated games on Yea Forums of all time, if not the most overrated of all time
I enjoyed it when it came out as a janky RPG with a cool setting, but faggots on Yea Forums have elevated it as some sort of masterpiece, pretending it doesn't have terrible gameplay or a linear story, they've actually made me hate this game I once used to feel slightly positive towards

Now who is moving the goal posts?

Attached: h2C57A9AF.jpg (302x271, 26K)

>choosing between two sides
There's like 5 different endings my man.

>it's not all creditable to a single person so multiple people in leadership roles couldn't have influenced it heavily

>five
that's really pushing it, yes there are five endings but theyre about as different as mass effect 3's ending and its really just "hey are you with the camarilla or not"

He's right, you RPG fanboys are ridiculous crediting games to their "creative director" especially on a Western game

Weak bait dude.

This is definitely among the top games in term of dialogue and quests.

>in terms of... quests
name one that you find the most interesting

I like the one when some big titted goth bitch tells you to go fetch some item for her

She tells you to kill someone.

>a single person

How about when it's not a single person, but 3 people. Oh, and also they created the fucking studio. Oh, and also they are all the head guys on the project, who hire the rest of the staff, make all the big decisions, and generally steer the direction and focus of the entire game? Oh, I forgot, you'd rather argue semantics for some weird reason. Please, keep going. You're making excellent points.

Pisha's quest is one of my all time favorite among all games.

i see this game advertised here so fucking much but still have no clue how its played. is it like fallout vampire edition or is it a bit linear in regards to things?

it's like bad Deus Ex: Vampire edition

>How about when it's not a single person, but 3 people.
You really are a fucking retard, aren't you?

does it hold up today?

It holds up decently if you don't mind the natural issues with an older game (e.g. graphics).

the original deus ex? i couldn't get into HR

Ocean House is the single most overrated level in videogame history.
I don’t really care much for the rest of your post, but whoever praises OHH for being “the best horror level in vodeogames” is out of their fucking minds

yes
but its RPG elements are very inconsequential, which is why I say bad

If Ellison didn't ruin Void Bastards when she wrote it, why would she trash Bloodlines 2?

>vampires no longer suck blood, just semen

serial killer investigation

This game's dialogue and characters get a lot of praise. For what? It's all "00s quirky alternative culture" shit. WRPGfags seem think any game with a lot of dialogue is deep even if there's no meaning to any of it. It's not like the writing is particularly clever either.
Decent game though and it does have enough charm to be remarkable. But wew lad people act like it's a masterpiece.

sheltered zoomers who wish they got the chance to be awkward goths instead of shutin video gamers

When 99.9% of RPGs are generic Tolkien fantasy, generic Mad Max post-apocalypse or generic anime bullshit anything else is a godsend.

Fair enough yeah.

It doesn't seem like a lot of RPGs are in modern settings either. It's more often past/future. Earthbound is another one with a modern setting that people really like too. Although it might seem a bit dated now.