Is pic related worth picking up? I played for a while during the recent free weekend and its on sale

Is pic related worth picking up? I played for a while during the recent free weekend and its on sale.

Insurgency 1 is slowly loosing its player base but Sandstorm's doesn't look much better. I'd rather not drop 20 bucks on a dead game.

Attached: Insurgency Sandstorm.jpg (600x800, 400K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/581320/discussions/2/3216031607489366985/
youtu.be/-T7qMIlnBUM?t=201
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump, I wanna know too.

its the exact same game but with a cash shop in so if you liked insurgency youll like insurgency + cash shop

If you ever played Rising Storm 2 its like that but smaller scale and faster paced. People always complain that its poorly optimized but I can run it on ultra at 60fps with a GTX 970 and i5 4690k. Its got a steep learning curve, and the maps take a while to learn, but its probably the best tacticool fps on the market rn.

>cash shop
wut

There are no microtransactions in this game at all and updates are free. Stop spewing bullshit.

The coop is better than the last one but PVP is worse

You're lying?

It's on Unreal, not source. It has new game modes. It has customization layers that were not in the first game. It has multiple coop modes, which are quite good desu. It has an okay community. It has ZEROOOOO microtransactions you fucking idiot.

OP, it's a good game.

All those modes are already in the first game, you stupid nigger monkey.

Attached: ltg.jpg (350x350, 40K)

>female combatants
Can't take it seriously. I know they're supposed to be based on the Kurdish peshmerga. I can't take them seriously either.

Kurdish women are actual warriors though. They're scary.

Cosmetic shop. Theres no way to buy any of them with real money tho.

This but unironically.

Just buy original Insurgency, its been at a consistent 3k players for years. Its a good game unlike it's sequel

Lol

new modes include: "hardcore" co-op, and the new melee zombie mode thing. who cares.
sandstorm has the commander abilities that the old game didn't. Airstrikes n shit.

Game is pretty similar to Rising Storm 2. Sim-lite shooters are generally a pretty fun time. Beats playing the new BF games or CS:GO

Attached: 2 yrs.png (1033x1173, 641K)

Played it on the weekend with the boys.

I didn't really like it. Combat was good, but the maps were terrible, especially when you run into a restricted area. I get its for game balance, but it feels pretty bad that an entire section of the map is restricted. They force you to tunnel into a few areas, and obviously they're going to kill you before you can even see them.

If this goes well the game will be much better off. As of right now I only play it for a couple days before dropping it for several weeks, get boring quickly imo.

Attached: 1561520066534.jpg (1920x1080, 296K)

AALAAHH

And yet, it literally has a cash shop.

The cluttered maps would be saved if they let you zoom-in the map. Unless you can, and I'm just retarded.

The smoke and flash is required to flush out campers on the edge of the maps.

This. Also pve is dead so you may as well just play squad if you want pvp.

only if you count play-time fun bux as "cash". who cares.

Attached: costanza.png (600x450, 457K)

I have a problem with target acquisition. The rendering, lighting and aliasing is just all around worse compared to Source Engine Insurgency. With maps being larger and long range engagements, it's fucking hard to spot an enemy especially if they're a camping cunt. I can't tell if that dark balcony is some dude's head or a dark spot in the lighting.

>literally locked behind a time wall

Attached: 1409167442933.png (580x534, 70K)

I loaded some config for better performance, and it helped a lot with player outlines.
Also smoke is a camper's worst enemy. Carry 2 or 3.

What config? I'm using a GTX 970 and Ryzen 1600, whatever settings I use I get 60 FPS 1080p (my monitor) but high/very high I get drops from performance. Another issue is that the game is very... choppy? Even with FPS there's this FPS/lag slight mini rubberbanding despite being 40 ping all the time OR choppy FPS where it seems like there's "horizontal" sync issues when turning.

i think i used this guy's config

steamcommunity.com/app/581320/discussions/2/3216031607489366985/

trying this now

Game is based on map knowledge and who can get to peeking corners or areas of high traffic first. You'll always find some smart ass lying prone in a doorway or prone on 1 pixel of a window frame with a PKM who'll catch you off but at that point it's knowing how to control recoil. But coop is always fun especially the new hardcore mode and it helps you learn weapon control and a little bit of the map.
I have a problem with shooting the goofy comical backpacks, I was hoping the light carrier would be something like a kitbag from ARMA 3 but it's almost a full hiking backpack

I can't even play insurgency 1 without massive frame drops even when Vsync is on. They drop from 60 to fucking 20s during firefights. My pc isn't even that bad. I've 8gb ram, i5 3330 processor and gtx 1060 6gb. I know my processor is shit but I can still play most modern games on High-Very High with constant 60 FPS. I'VE tried EVERYTHING, lowered every single thing in graphics details, yet the game runs like utter dogshit.

The devs have never been able to design or cultivate a decent map pool. It was always a problem with the original insurgency, and while it got a little better over a long period of time, a problem it remained. Good mechanics + bad map pool = bad game.

Which makes absolutely no sense to me. Anyone who's studied the FPS genre knows that level design is tantamount to game design. Doom, Goldeneye, Halo, Counter-Strike: Good map pools + good mechanics = good game.

Really? I thought their maps on Insurgency 2014 were great like Buhriz, Revolt, Sinjar, Market, and Ministry.
But that might be a byproduct of me getting used to the maps in the thousand hours I've played so I'm biased

nigga how can you NOT run Insurgency 1 dafuq

It feels bad because they punish you for trying to flank the enemy and instead you're forced to run into a meat grinder all day.

The currency system needs a hard overhaul. Ten levels for one piece of gear is horseshit. They need to consolidate camos and stop splitting gear BETWEEN camo types. Fuck off.

This is untrue bait. Sandstorm has no microtransactions and is nothing like INS2014. It is far, far, so much unbelievably worse.

you've got a lot of fuckin problems

this isn't fortnite, you dont need cosmetics to play the game

What do you mean? You have to buy separate camo for each piece of gear?
I honestly hate uniform camo, I need to have contrast in the camo of my uniform and gear

Attached: Ranger ACU.jpg (1280x922, 323K)

I want to make my guys look cool, fuck off faggot.
No but different gear pieces are divided between different camos. The new masks, for example, each cost 1000 and all are different camos, so if one day you decide you want another camo you need to save up 600 - 1000 for a new camo and an additional 1000 for the new mask. There aren't black masks or even gray masks on security so having a neutral option isn't there.

I agree with you but wanted to let you know, Ranger Green is black/gray for some reason.

I have over 800 hours, it's really fun and guns feel amazing, it never gets old.
The only downside in my opinion is the optimization, other than that it's a 10/10 for me, easily my fave fps of recent years.

Attached: 1561280655132m.jpg (1024x1012, 129K)

The game has its moments where it shines and other times the game completely shits it self. Some people have performance issues, some don't.
I played since the beta and some issues still exist to this day like looping mg audio and micro stutters. i'd keep playing it if it weren't for the fact that it keeps on crashing when ever i load it up. probably going to wait half a year before i pick this up hoping it will have all been fixed.
i recommend you buy it and play a couple push or skirmish rounds and if you run into performance issues, refund it and wait for next year. it'll probably be 90% polished and the discount will be even higher.

Bought it over the weekend. Great gameplay, okay-good maps, dogshit optimization. You practically have to brute force the damn thing if you want stable framerates

I've never played the versus modes but have had a decent amount of fun with coop. Difficult enough to be fun but not annoying enough to make me want to kill myself after a day of wage slavery.

I bought it on release. Its a good fps that I enjoy. Im super into military/history and watch lots of war videos, so this game scratches that itch well.

Also would suggest dropping acid and playing. Felt like I was in an actual warzone and I had so much fun. The banter in the game at times reminds me of CSS (sometimes).

I have a video where part of it is insurgency gameplay youtu.be/-T7qMIlnBUM?t=201

what settings and specs

This or Rising Storm 2 which will have a better lifespan or just enjoyable for some time? Im in need of some multipalyers game

lowest everything, i5 6600k and 1060 6gb

Calling bullshit. How do you play any pc games on acid at all microdose or what? lol

how active is co-op? I might buy to scratch that operator itch

to be fair I went through a faze of heavy drug use last year and was droppingacid on the regular for awhile (Once or 2x a month). My brain knew what was going on + tolerance, so I wasnt completely out of it.

The first time I dropped acid I couldnt control my thoughts so I wouldnt have been able to play, but after the first time I was able to control myself better.

Also I definitely didnt play well lol.

LOL I cant focus on anything on acid.. first time I dropped was watching apocalypse now redux and that was intense.. can't imagine insurgency.

squad/rising storm vietnam are far better than this game

The coop is better than the original but it's otherwise a step down. It feels like an identity crisis of a game. Part of it wants to be a fairly realistic milsim like Squad but there's another part that wants to be more arcadey like the original. Most of the maps are small and cluttered like the original with a couple exceptions, but the realism skews the balance. Armor actually did something in the original but in Sandstorm you'll be killed through heavy armor with two bodyshots from 5.56 out of any of the rifles, which is the exact same amount as light armor and no armor, and it doesn't offer any protection from explosives for some reason. It only offers an increase in survivability at very long range which you're unlikely to see in most maps, and anyone shooting at you from those ranges is probably using a sniper rifle that will one or twoshot you anyways. The only disadvantage to wearing no armor is that 7.62 to the torso will oneshot, but even then there's still no reason to use heavy because it'll go down in the same amount of shots as light.
Weapons all had their roles in the original but in Sandstorm the only things that actually feel relevant most of the time are rate of fire and recoil. MGs in particular also seem to have a strange firing delay on them, as though they only start shooting a few moments after you try to fire.

It never ceases to amaze me how in the current year people are so susceptible to propaganda.

>muh kurds!

Fuck off.

Oh yeah and bipods don't mount on half the shit they should be able to. It's incredibly irritating and makes using MGs even more painful.

the gunplay is alot better than RS2

really? bipods in sandstorm seem terrific compared to how they work in rs2

coop is ok, devs continue to slowly add new things

SQUAD is far better, but vietnam is kinda dead

Sandstorm bipods are quicker to deploy than RS2, I'll give them that, but the inability to opt out of using it in case you need to turn quickly or whatever is irritating, as is the fact that you're stuck upright and can't crouch down while leaving the bipod mounted like in RS2. Also, moving to the sides at all completely undeploys the gun instead of just moving with the bipod like in RS2. They also don't fucking mount properly on a small but not insignificant amount of the windowsills, sandbags, and barricades, and it seriously pisses me off.

Squad, Vietnam and Sandstorm aren't comparable.

No. It's fucking shit. A lot like Mordhau, it had all the potential in the world to succeed, but the retarded devs releasing it unfinished and with too few maps killed it. There are still launch bugs and exploits in the maps that haven't been fixed yet 6 months later. The very few maps that the game did launch with all fucking suck. And the devs keep adding stupid guns like the MP5, anti-material rifles, and a bunch of really similar 5.56 rifles that are all effectively the same. What is the point of putting dozens of hours into modeling and animating something like the VHS-2 when its stats are 99% the same as the M4A1? What is the point of doing the work to make the M99 and Barrett, when the sniper rifles already in the game already kill in one hit? Why would they model and animate two different variants of the MP5 instead of giving us two unique guns? Why are they even focusing on guns when the maps are so abysmal?

>its the exact same game
I wish it were

>MGs in particular also seem to have a strange firing delay on them, as though they only start shooting a few moments after you try to fire.
This shit is infuriating and makes MG unplayable for me. It feels like at least a half second delay between when you click and when it starts firing, maybe even longer. It's especially bad on the MG3 and M240 for some reason, not nearly as bad on the others but it's still there. Retards like to claim that it's because the guns fire from an open bolt, but that's horseshit since none of the other open bolt guns in the game have that delay.

>Rising Storm 2
I have played it for 800 hrs and Sandstorm for 100 hrs.

RS2 has the better, more dedicated community by far.

I don't recommend either really, but if I had to choose, I would say that I have had more fun with RS2 overall. It also has a lot more content, and I think that it has a better community.

Why not? They have similar playerbases and gameplay.

squad>rs2>ss

Squad is more of an Simulator, I would say Arma would be the closest.
Rising Storm is more like Squad than Sandstorm.
Sandstorm is more comparable to Hardcore Battlefield. High TTK, not arcadey like CoD but not realistic like Squad. I really enjoy Sandstorm's reloads, speed of movement and high TTK.
Squad is a good game but the characters reload like they're still in training not in an active shootout. It's a little too technical and slow but everything else is good.
I enjoy the base building,weapons,vehicles,etc.
RS2 has way too much shit on the screen at times but it's good as well.

>Sandstorm is more comparable to Hardcore Battlefield. High TTK, not arcadey like CoD but not realistic like Squad.
Insurgency devs compare it to hardcore CoD though.

>RS2 has way too much shit on the screen at times but it's good as well.
wdym?

yeah it's really good, i'm a boomer who spent most of my teens playing project reality, of course it is not the same as that and this is just close quarters combat but it's definitely worth playing if you like that kind of thing.

I disagree with that but if they feel that way that's not bad.
Sometimes it can be comparable to that with how bad the spawncamping is.
Last time I played I remember random messages, server information, killfeeds and Air Support calls in all appearing at once on my screen. Might have been server settings but it was very annoying.

am i cute ?

Attached: 1540010278341.png (644x1171, 1.23M)

I'm pretty sure that you can disable killfeed, but server messages and such are limited to chat.

RS2 is ok but it's incredibly annoying with frame drops and lag, i have 1080ti so it shouldn't really do this but apparently it is very jumpy above 60fps, SS is silky smooth.

Ok I might have to play RS2 sometime this weekend.
Have a good night user.
Yes.

>ss is silky smooth
ss has garbage optimization and runs like shit on most CPUs.

No

runs fine on my 6700k

how do i make her cute?

Does Ranked have any players? Even during free weekend it was slow, but technically that could just be the matchmaker.

what is the difference between ranked and unranked? You still get a level on unranked.

>time wall
>calls it cash shop
Oh my.

get this instead, much higher playercount, more depth, more maps and content overall

Attached: Squad.jpg (2560x1440, 626K)

Not him but show her face and use a better hair

That's not possible in this game.

it's also way more autistic and plays completely differently to Insurgency.

No coop and almost as tryhard as arma, while the playerbase cosnists of armchair generals and retards.

I dont like pixel hunting

Only game that makes me rage. And nothing else ever does. Its pretty poorly optimised though.

It's worth revisiting as an owner right now because they added new game modes which are superior. Basically hardcore Co op and a wacky gamemode that reminds me of CoD zombie mods from PC back in the day ergo 2010

Attached: 6R10jO5.png (1105x2280, 3.22M)

it's one of the best modern fps I've played and I'm surprised not more people have noticed it. I know people were turned off by performance but the last big update did wonders for me

>pixel hunting
This
Throw in co op and it'll vastly improve but it's still shit

How's the situation on modding? I didn't drop Source version only because it has my favourite modded server which I play on. Which maps from Source are in by the way, I saw Ministry, but I love Buhriz or Dry Canal on co-op

they just released a post launch road map and modding's planned, nothing yet

Poorly optimized and controls are not as responsive as Source, but seeing how the devs aren't touching source engine ever again, you're best bet is with Sandstorm if you want to continue playing modern warfare type multiplayer.

>pixel hunting
The fuck you talking about? Most uniforms much brighter and cleaner than environments they in.