Reminder Game Freak and the Pokemon company in general expected the Switch to flop...

Reminder Game Freak and the Pokemon company in general expected the Switch to flop. They expected to stay on the 3DS then transition to mobile. The only way pokemon is in a healthier state is if everything else suffers for it.

Attached: 17539FC4-A4F5-4FF3-A5C9-79F74DD0A08A.png (940x528, 44K)

You got a source, or

Attached: 010F2269-8F1B-4489-A728-60B35438EBFB.jpg (750x883, 192K)

Thank you.

I thought it would flop as well
I dunno how it didn't

I guess it just goes to show that worrying about the game industry is pointless after all, smartphones and mobile games aren't running anything.

First Masuda neutered the ORAS post game because "kids would rather play games on the smartphones" and now this?
Who knew Gamefreak fell for "mobile is the future" meme so hard?

Attached: GASP.jpg (354x236, 34K)

In yours & their defense, the Wii U era was an absolute fuckup for Nintendo for a lot of games & sales. Console was alright for what it was, but Jesus, it was not a money-maker on the level the Wii was, and there was a lot of ire about Wii U games getting hard censored at the time, along with select 3DS games.
My defense for Game Freak & The Pokemon Company ends there though, they’re a bunch of lazy fucks who thought they could coast by on one handheld & the entire mobile market, and it blew up in their faces when the Switch actually became a hot-seller for portable Skyrim. I really hope SWSH gets shit on hard upon release so they can get their wake-up-call to start putting in some effort or go broke.

There one of those investors who told Nintendo to go third party

This is the retarded businessman behind recent decisions regarding the main franchise. After Pokemon Go they're trying to move to mobile.

What a fucking dumbass

Being shit on won't matter because SwSh by the very nature of being the first core Pokemon RPG on a home console (no I'm not counting Let's Go no matter what the Pokemon Company fucking says).
They'll sell more than the last two generations and think they're going in the right direction despite millions of people saying they're shit

I like the postgame in ORAS, specifically the Delta Episode.

The Pokemon Company legitimately believes after the success of Pokemon Go that the future is mobile
And you know what?
In terms of money made, they aren't wrong, Pokemon Go is somehow still INSANELY profitable.

hang all normies

Regrettably not an option

Is there any other examples aside from ? I remember seeing something about gamefreaks thinking people didnt have attention or anything anymore

It’s not just that. Fire Emblem Heroes makes a shit load of money but Three Houses won’t suffer because of it. Pokemon’s Change in direction will ruin everything about the franchise

try me

Three Houses looks like shit.

>they'll sell more than the last two generations

They'd have to break 16 mil, which I doubt is possible on the Switch

Even if it does it wasn’t because of Heroes

I didn't mean combined, poor wording on my part, I meant either one of them, XY or SM

It's not fair picking on retarded people though

give it time

It's such a shitty game, it probably has a budget of 5$. So no wonder it's profitable.

Yeah, those aren't combined. X/Y and Sun/Moon have both sold over 16 million.

>no stadium 3 or coloseum 3 ever

Attached: 1532914497815.png (1317x1080, 1.58M)

The company that made them were absorbed into Game Freak. Individual devs are still there but not enough to matter

cute pantsu

Then yeah it'll definitely sell more than that, I guarantee, it'll be over the course of a year or two though, and Pokemon will itself sell a lot of Switches.

I cant see it selling more than XY
It will definitely turn more of a profit however, since the games are $20 more

Nowonder gf is incompetent. They're stupid as fuck

This guy has as much affiliation with gamefreak as he does with Nintendo
Actually he has less

Why is Gamefreak so obsessed with phones

Attached: 1405998279104.png (91x117, 18K)

Less work more profit. Mobile games have less standards in scope and graphics. In there heads they thought Sword and Shield would be a mobile title

Yea Forums says the same things though
Everyday its zoomer this and fornite that and mobile phones and gacha and blah blah mobile games are killing gaming.

>Pokémon Company is Game Freak

Decisions from one directly effect the other there’s no difference on who says what

That's literally what SwSh is?
Collosseum and Stadium were just Pokemon but official bootleg and on a home console.
That's what SwSh is.

Pokemon GO is very profitable, Sword & Shield looks like shit
FE Heroes is very profitable, Three Houses looks like shit
Coincidence?
I don't think so

this actually explains alot why the game looks so shitty.

Nintendo needs to buy out these fuckers so they dont have any say since they are clearly incompetent and retarded

Attached: 1456453332467.png (543x571, 511K)

They pretty much exist not to be bought out by nintendo

Not a bad prediction by any means. I know a million normies who will never play on a console/handheld but would purchase a pokemon game on smartphone in a heartbeat. It would be almost as popular as Pokémon go.

I mean its the first pokemon game Im not getting precisely because I dont give a flying fuck about the switch and pokemon isnt in shape to be a console seller like it was for the DS and 3DS for me which were both just pokemon machines as far as I used them

Game Freak would probably go the way of Konami if Nintendo didn't have them by the balls.

Not sure if this is a good thing considering how SuMo turned out. GF needs to get fucked, and hard, but we all know that's never going to happen considering the franchise is more profitable than it's ever been.

Attached: wtfwtt.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

How much would it be and would they be willing to sell?

2 shekals

Even if switch didn't had sold well Nintendo still going force them to make a game for it.

Attached: 1560313688932.jpg (385x299, 12K)

They both look bad visually because they are smallish dev teams who had been working with the sub-240p 3DS line previously.
It is fair to expect more out of Pokemon because the visual aspects blend into worldbuilding, selling the Pokemon as a real part of this world, and selling the series theme of journeying, all of which SwSh fail to do. And of course, people also expect more from Pokemon since it is the largest media property ever.
Fire Emblem just doen't look particularly attractive and the core experience isn't ruined; although, selling the characters is part of main appeal and the art/models aren't great. Ironically though people focus on the obvious lackluster terrain despite it having no real significance.

I don't see the same level of animosity towards Three Houses as I see with Sword & Shield, not even close

In fact Three Houses looks alright in everything but graphics and art design

Pokemon games are just part of the multimedia series. Sword & Shield looks like bland shit because they're meant to be marketing for toys.

I think it's somewhat matter of the different sort of autism within fanbases, Fire Emblem has weebs and waifufags but at least it's not a series that's always developed with tastes of current 9 years olds in mind. Adult Pokemon players are a loud minority within Pokemon consumers.

Doesn’t mean you can’t make good games through toys. Mario sells a ton of merchandise and has great games. There’s tons of licensed games that are great games in general Star Wars is a good example especially in the 90s

>Leave pokemon to me

Attached: Geniussonority_logo.png (378x108, 6K)

Pokemon is bigger than either of those, so it's understandable that they aim for lowest possible common denominators.

He wasn't wrong. Nobody carries around the switch. As a modular home console it's fine though.

nintendo co-owns them. clearly, they're satisfied with the direction of pokemon. hell, it's not like nintendo hasn't also spent the switch era shitting out the laziest possible rehashes.

From Nintendo it's at least somewhat understandable in business perspective, since most Switch owners never even touched WiiU.

The DS Pokémon games were the best the series has ever been, but the DS itself had a massive library of classics that you really should have checked out.
The 3DS Pokémon games were disappointing and there are a ton of games you should have bought instead. Expand your repertoire.
I had no hope for the Switch as a Pokémon machine but there are plenty of games worth playing on it that aren't Pokémon.

One of the things that disappoints me about Pokémon is that there are people who only buy handhelds for Pokémon when there's so much more and so much better available.

Expecting the flagship product of your largest and longest running business partner to fail seems like a very odd thing to do.

The people who thought the switch was gonna fail were being stupid. First of all, it was superior in every way to the 3ds. It has better hardware, can connect to your tv, better controls, better online, better games (even just comparing launch/early release games). Second, it represented all first party Nintendo games being on the same console. 3D Mario, Zelda, Splatoon, Mario kart, Pokemon, smash, etc. All being on the same console can not possibly fail - period. Regardless of hardware or features a system with all those games is guaranteed at least 80 million sales lifetime. Those IPs are just too valuable. Anyone who thought it would fail wasn't using their brain but using emotions.

They refuse to say it directly but mobile and third party is what Pokémon company and Game Freak want

Eh 50/50 shot. Their last console was massive flop and with the increased use of smartphones and rise of shit like gacha games. I don't agree with his reasoning but I can see it.

The wii u's main problem was it's retarded marketing. People literally had no idea what it even was.

Just one those dumb marketing tactics.

Attached: 1552795242868.jpg (620x777, 90K)

When Switch launched one of my more normie friend thought WiiU had been similar console, since he only really knew about the huge controller with a big screen.

You're right, just like how Colosseum only let you use Pokémon that you could capture in Orre.

Well it is a pos console that is basically a tablet so he had good reason to think so. Nintendres and children will buy anytthing though

You gotta physically restrain them

Sword/Shield is literally an up-resed 3DS game.

Attached: ExplainthisBullshit.png (1504x469, 2.02M)