Why dont they just make another chaos theory?

why dont they just make another chaos theory?

Attached: 8B0BABEF-A5F2-45AF-BB73-0800A08536B9.jpg (1024x768, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vgchartz.com/gamedb/games...=splinter cell
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why didn't ubisoft just make blood dragon 2? because they are total faggots

It won't make all the money

>wanting Blood Dragon 2
Blood Dragon was good because it was a fun little one-off made with love. Letting Ubisoft pump it through the soul-sucking Franchise-O-Matic would have ruined it.

but it would

no splinter cell game is making money

Modern audiences don't have the patience for stealth games that aren't PRESS X TO KILL EVERYONE IN THE ROOM

Nice. Another thread to distract us from the fact that Etika just died.
I wonder who's behind this post.

Attached: f95.png (600x510, 214K)

why didn't they make triple agent?

Because that shit wouldn't sell well at all today.

They could AT LEAST release every game on pc, and make them playable. It could make some money.

Modern Ubisoft doesn't seem to understand wtf Splinter Cell was even about so i wouldn't expect much, but at least we need the old games remastered.

Because it sold poorly and that was when gamers weren't absolute casuals.

Lol who gives a fuck about a soiboi nintendo youtuber, like actually.

they did and it was called blacklist

Conviction and Blacklist were flops

Who would've guessed that making shitty games with barely any resemblance of the classics just to try to cater to the shooter crowd would end up in two flops.

>but at least we need the old games remastered.

Aren't they remastered for PC?

>let's deviate from the formula. What could go wrong?
Those were action games.

conviction was a complete departure from the series that was actually an incredibly well realized action stealth platformer
blacklist was a series-reset that brought back everything that supposedly made the series popular except the sense of humour

both failed and they said fuckit
but at least we got two fun games out of it.

Nevermind, I meant to say aren't they remastered for PS3. Couldn't they just port that over to PS4?

Imagine being The guard in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Fisher, where did ya go, all invisible and shit, with your body in the shadows. I totaly cannot see you right there over me with a giant bulb of light behind you. when all he really wants to do is shot the fucking guy right in the balls. Like seriously imagine having to be Soldier and not only have to ignore the guy in plain fucking sight right in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing the giant 3 green lights he carries in his head, while he just sits there, ,load after load, until he perfected the take down. Not only having to tolerate the fucking audacity of hiding in plain fucking sight but her haughty attitude as everyone on here tells you that DANM THATS THE BEST STEALTH GAME EVER MADE. WHERE DID FISHER GO??? IS HE A GHOST OR SOMETHING??? because they're not the ones who have to walk pass there and watch the fucking elephant in the room jump from 2m onto the ground making the biggest sound in the world and you have to act like you didnt noticed it. You trained your entire life in the best boot camps in russia and was survived war zones that were considered suicide missions your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Afeganistam. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his fucking balls while he just hangs in there waiting for you to pass, smugly assured that you are oblivious to the king of stealth(for that is what he calls himself)" , the stealth he worked so hard breaking every single light bulb in the previous room's. And then the player reloads again, and you know you could kill the fucker before he even finishes climbing the wall, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Professional. You're not going to lose your future main character status in a generic FPS game over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Attached: Imagine Splinter Cell.png (1280x720, 1.19M)

I want a remaster/HD update of the first splinter cell. Basically add sams knife/upgrade graphics/improvements.

I prefer the first 1 story-wise. It was back when Sam felt like a nobody. Just some ex seal who was going for intel. He seemed softer and human. He wasn't the famous Sam Fisher.

That's the problem with the way characters are written these days. They become famous in their own worlds just because they became famous in ours.

because your average video game buyer today doesn't have the attention span for a game like chaos theory.

A CT clone would presumably do well because it had a very slick art style which would alone gain some attention in this current market. Also if they could recreate the very witty script and Amon Tobin soundtrack style. It would be a blockbuster.

They should. Fuck i wanted to play Pandora's Tomorrow and Double Agent (a playable version) on PC.

why does splinter cell fags hate metal gear if splinter cell would not EXIST whitout it

>first game was made because ubisoft was so impressed with MGS2, a stealth game on a linear path. pretty good
>pandora tomorrow wasnt based on a metal gear game so it fucking sucks
>Chaos theory was based on MGS3 so it added the knife ,more oportunites to do CQC moves and levels that are not 100% linear
>double agent wasnt based on a metal gear so it fucking sucks
>conviction was "loosely " based on mgs4, with better gunplay and more combat
>but since MGS4 was shit conviction was shit
>blacklist was based on peace walker, adding money, your own "stealth group" for you to manage and equipment for you to buy and upgrade.
>peace walker was "ok" black list is "ok"

next splinter cell will be based on MGSV. a open world game with base management stuff
MARK MY WORDS

I'm about to start Chaos Theory, what should I expect?

Fun and quicksaves

Old friends.

Attached: last mssage from Opportunity.jpg (456x247, 21K)

Stealth made the series popular. They should have brought that back.

no sweaty, splinter cell if it ever returns will be in the AA space and not AAA. Splinter cell never sold well (except the first game)

I don't remember Conviction being very good. It took itself way too seriously and the gameplay was mediocre.

The Double Agent xbox version (which is not the same as the xbox 360 and PC version, and is a lot closer to the originals in terms of gameplay) isn't available on PC, sadly.

Try the coop if you can, it's excellent.

god forbid we have an actual videogames thread in a videogame board and not another literal WHO eceleb thread FAGGOT

Because Splinter Cell is not an open world game and that's a big no no for Ubisoft.

Probably the best stealth game ever made from a gameplay perspective.

Underrated

Because the writer of the franchise, Tom Clancy, has died :(

> next splinter cell will be based on MGSV. a open world game with base management stuff
MARK MY WORDS

If it plays anything remotely similar this will be incredibly based and make me rock hard

Because it won't sell.
Splinter Cell exists to compete in a genre it no longer has any competition in. Stealth is a niche genre that wont sell the millions of copies as an action franchise, so they constantly try to change up the formula, such as the lite-hub world in Double agent, action/stealth hybrid in conviction or offering stealth as a playstyle in Blacklist.

They didn't meet sales expectations so the series is on indefinite hiatus.

>he didn't play the PS2/Xbox version of blacklist
lmao!

Conviction was clearly based on trying to make a 24 game

You meant Double Agent, faggot.

funny enough there is a 24 game for ps2
and is shit

Hopefully you're playing on PC. Using the mousewheel to adjust movement speed is one of the smartest control scheme implementations I've ever seen.

>>I don't remember Conviction being very good. It took itself way too seriously and the gameplay was mediocre.
the gameplay was absolute shit if you played it like anything resembling a splinter-cell game.

if you played it as this weird speed-centric lethal takedown game it's actually incredible
the game was done a huge disservice by being branded splinter-cell
even a SC no-sam spin-off would have been better.

Pretty true, played the demo of chaos theory back when it was coming out on the xbox. Was amazed. Never bought it though. Bought it during its last sale for PC this month and beat it on expert/hardest.
It definitely felt unfun at points waiting for a guard's patrol routine to reverse or for their scripted convo to end.
Still enjoyable, but its just more tedious than it needs to be at some points.
Ghosting felt like the easiest way to play since playing on the hardest difficulty and assaulting anything usually ended up with me getting deleted by aim bots, and the way a single shot from the sc2000 was enough to kick the aim out to anywhere but a target made firefights pretty shit.
While the pistol was a typical squirt gun. Makes sense in splinter cell since thats how the originals played, but it just aint as fun now days as maybe kicking in the door like rainbow six or something and blasting bad guys.
Did that a few times to Lacerda, was much more satisfying than interrogating him.

I found it a bit linear, but I was like fourteen and I just came off thief 2 so the comparison was probably unfair.

blacklist did stealth as good as any other game in the series, no joke
simultaneously, though, it was one of the least punishing games in the series for going loud

>based Ubisoft releases Blacklist
>a true splinter cell game with single player, multiplayer and base management
>Yea Forums hates it for petty reasons
>wonders why Ubisoft focuses on other Tom Clancy's franchises

I could never get into any tom clancy games. Just feels weird playing a whole game that is very transparently army propaganda.

Yeah its was kinda cathartic trying to speed through co op missions solo. Trying to go as long as possible without using the "kill 4 dudes instantly" mechanic. I miss it. Wish it'd have a working port for PC, or at the very least i still had the xbox360 disc... and the friends i played it with.

dumb poster

I deeply regret never being able to play it coop

Conviction was the highest selling game in the series.

When most of us were kids and we saw splinter cell, we bought it because it looked cool and it turned out the stealth gameplay was way better than the action shit we expected. With blacklist, they made it look cool, but it was what it was, an action game where you can kill everything you meet easily.

no it wasn't faggot

>Blacklist
>a true splinter cell game

It was too empowering to be called that.

SC
XB 3.02m
PS2 2.65m
GCN 0.23m
GBA 0.10m
PC ?
___
~6 million, 5 platforms

PT
XB 1.48m
PS2 1.25m
GCN 0.08m
GBA 0.06m
PC ?
___
~2.87 million, 5 platforms

CT
XB 1.11m
PS2 0.95m
GCN 0.10m
DS 0.07m
PC ?
___
~2.23 million, 5 platforms

DA
XB360 0.78m
PS3 0.26m
Wii 0.13m
PSP 0.20m
GCN 0.06m
PC ?
__
~1.43 million, 6 platforms

Conviction
XB360 2.06m
PC ?
DS ?
__
~2.06 million, 3 platforms

Blacklist
X360 1.00m
PS3 0.98m
WiiU 0.13m
PC ?
__
~2.11 million, 3 platforms

Source:vgchartz.com/gamedb/games...=splinter cell

The series was losing sales from the first game until DA, but Conviction managed to get 2 million on just one platform. If it they had only released it on PS3 a year later they would have made bank. Unfortunately they didn't do that, and BL did less well even though it was on everything.

chaos theory had the BEST UNIQUE multiplayer game mode ever.

It wasnt perfectly balanced but it was still really deep and engaging. If you're a zoomer and you dont know what Im talking about, youre missing out on the best 2v2 pvp action game ever.

But they made Blacklist?

Killing Peruvians would be fun.

I met so many scummy ones in Jan. 2013 in Lima.

thanks for proving me right

not him, but youd have to be a big dummy to read that data and assume that blacklist had more total

Because they can't anymore, just like most modern devs

>black list multiplayer
>spies have 3 modes
>spies can literally walk up to you and kill you
>fucked up the multiplayer formula
thats not how it was supposed to work the stories were good in conviction and black list but that only holds people for 2-3 weeks top's
the multiplayer of chaos theory and double agent is what kept people coming back and playing it.