In retrospect, why did DaS3 turn out to be the Souls game with the most longevity?

In retrospect, why did DaS3 turn out to be the Souls game with the most longevity?

Attached: Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (289x345, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because it was more fun

DS1's playerbase was split between the original and the remaster
DS2's was also split between vanilla and Scholar
Bloodborne and Demon's are console exclusives and require subscriptions to play online, also Demon's servers are dead
Sekiro is single player

Pretty obvious question.

>DS1's playerbase was split between the original and the remaster
>DS2's was also split between vanilla and Scholar
Both of them combined don't even approach 1/5th of DS3's daily players

das1 was actually MORE active before the remaster split the community, and then killed it a few weeks later once everyone realized the remaster was actually worse in a lot of ways and just stopped playing altogether

By far the best controls.

>Most creative characters and enemies
>Best looking graphically
>Newest and last one
>Most ambitious
It’s not hard to tell why.

Attached: 183F603F-2206-4938-9D3E-CB712F6EFE31.png (945x870, 688K)

it's the last game in the series

Out of curiosity what makes the remaster of 1 worse?

Nothing. It's literal the exact same game.

The real reason it died is that it simply wasn't as good as people remembered.

The bosses are better and the weapons are cooler

Katanas are awesome in this game, being able to parry at any moment and faster than any shields is so fun. Really adds a whole other aspect to the game

Attached: black_blade.png (188x282, 15K)

>only cookie-cutter quality builds are viable for pvp
>poise makes no fucking sense from a realism standpoint
>too much gray
>wants to be Bloodborne Souls
>the lore is a bunch of " 'member DS1?" moments instead of making the background more robust
Did Miyazaki actually want to make a Dark Souls 3 or was he forced to?

It's the latest Souls game and by the time it came out, the series was at its height of popularity with normies. Many of them never played the first two, but got into the 3rd one because it was at its height

>the lore is a bunch of " 'member DS1?"
I'm a lorelet and playing DS3 for the first time right now. Other than the Anor Londo part what are other examples?

Feels bad that it's limited to only katanas, and only in stance mode though
You could parry with pretty much anything in 2

Attached: mindgames.webm (840x472, 2.65M)

Believe it or not, the remaster actually looks worse than the original. They gutted the lighting and everything looks like plastic. Other than that, it's the exact same game as before but with more unoptimized issues like how the game-speed is tied to the framerate. The remaster also hurt the modding scene in the process because they took the original off of Steam. Oh, and the game still costs $20 on PC even if you own the original. Most people aren't willing to pay $20 to play a game they already own.
Also, the Switch version sounds like shit because they were too cheap to use bigger cartridges so they compressed the audio down to fit on 4GB ones. Funnily enough though, the Switch version actually looks better than the others because they used the original game's lighting. It runs at 30fps too, so it's not even the "remastered" visuals at all.

tl;dr it's a $40 60fps mod

Because it's the easiest one and most streamlined.

>Demon's are console exclusives and require subscriptions to play online
no, ps3 was free online

It's actually the hardest, by a large margin.

Attached: DSP updated.jpg (1152x4496, 1.06M)

>wears armor first two
>goes nude in 3rd
HMMMM WONDER WHY HE DIED MORE (he's obviously not good enough to play like a speedrunner)

>NO A SEQUEL HAS REFERENCES AND THE REAPPEARANCE OF CHARACTERS FROM PREVIOUS GAMES IN THE SERIES NOOOOOOOOOO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING I NEED MY SOILATTE HELP ME

why does DeS looks fine in screenshots but then looks like garbage when you play the actual game

because it's the newest, the "last", the most populated online and has the most fluid mechanics and user interface. Pretty simple

>user interface
Literally exact same UI through all 3 games, just with different textures

DIAGONAL ROLLING

Play DS1, sweetie

based DSP

In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again

Attached: ds3 is shit 7.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

>>most ambitious
>ditches the complex, interconnected world design of 1
What did he mean by this?

>webm
Is that the power of consoles?

>muh e-celebs
no wonder both Yea Forums and the souls fanbase went to shit.

Best Dark Souls game.
Not as good as Armored Core, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls or Sekiro.

Attached: 1550941088150.gif (500x500, 485K)

what exactly makes armored core good, nobodies ever answered me

I played it when I was a kid

uhhh you're actually just wrong

Attached: Dark-Souls-III.jpg (1920x1080, 526K)

>>only cookie-cutter quality builds are viable for pvp
on what fucking planet

Attached: Dark-Souls1.jpg (1920x1080, 298K)

>Yea Forums suddenly defends Straight Line Souls 3

Attached: Dark_Souls_Cartoon1.jpg (658x370, 35K)

rent free and obsessed

Attached: DS3 vs DS1.png (1134x900, 90K)

seething

Attached: ds3 is shit 6.webm (1280x720, 745K)

Mecha pilot simulation.

Attached: 1590_front.jpg (640x916, 92K)

Boss runs are ridiculously easy in DS3 compared to 1

>No character stat/RPG faggotry, it's all in the equipment
>No i-frame bullshit
>No roll spam whatsoever, outside of 4/4A which CREATED roll spam
>Giant mechs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Knights
>Better OST

Two questions first what order did he play the games in and second why does he have half a death in bloodborne. You cant have half a death.

edgy gundman for weeb losers

What's his lore?

it's my least fav by a pretty far margin

Is Armored Core as hard as Dark Souls?

all of this is subjective and tells me nothing of the qualities the games have themselves

people always make the "remember dark souls" joke but literally the whole aesthetic of the game was built around the idea of the past remaining in hollow, fading remnants. you're fucking retarded if you don't understand that the "fan service" was an intentional choice

Attached: 1554941829416.png (501x498, 274K)

itt works

2>1>3

Attached: 1550365242274.jpg (1200x675, 98K)

anime bosses

>all of this is subjective
There's two subjective statements in that post, nigger.

Dark Souls is the only game series I've seen where "fans" are angered that a sequel references previous games.

>it's another "poise doesn't exist in ds3" episode

you complaining about rpg mechanics, dodging, music and knights tells me nothing. you're just comparing the game to souls

>Demon Souls: PS3 exclusive
>Dark Souls : garbage port and garbage remaster
>Dark Souls 2: Dark Souls 2
>Bloodborne: PS4 exclusive
>Dark Souls 3: Decent PC version
>Sekiro: a couple months old
I wonder....

Maybe because we're in a fucking souls thread you imbecile.
How about you actually play the games instead of shitposting on the internet asking people to give you an opinion you can parrot?

There's nothing with with Dark Souls Remastered. It's literally the same game.

If you don't like DSR, you don't like Dark Souls.

Any game with multiple endings and choices upsets fans when it gets a sequel that contradicts their version of the events. Being told your choice didn't matter cause cycles or whatever doesn't make it any better.

The graphics look objectively worse.

Anime ninja flipping and explosions, made the game easy to market and get into, and especially good for Streamers. It's the dumbed down shitty Skyrim of Souls games.

Because it's the McDonald's of Souls games.

>It's literally the same game.
"remastered"

FPStown plays nice in the remaster tho

don't even bother replying this guy is legitimately insane

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:/

What even is a pasta?

DS2 just needs more art direction and more clutter on the levels.
if someone could redone the graphics and lighting and complete the emptry rooms, and all in one coherent style, it would be the greatest dark souls ever

2fags are eternally assblasted about their game being the black sheep of the series so they latch onto dumb shit to make other games look bad by comparison

>only quality for pvp
Maybe if youre ultrabad but even then you can cheese pyro or just take a straight sword with almost any stats. Good player can make a lot of things work just as good. This is just a weird argument made by someone who barely knows anything about ds3 pvp.
>poise not realistic
So fucking what lmao? The whole game makes no sense from realism standpoint, from setting and weapons to combat and moves. How old are you if you confuse this game with anything even remotely realistic?
>wants to be bb
And what is wrong with wanting to be the best game in a pretty limited genre?

You leave out the Bloodborne DLC, the only Souls thing that he ever quit out of sheer frustration and never finished.

Attached: 1558233355097.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Looks about the same to me, plays exactly the same and runs better.
What's more to ask? It's not a full fledged remake on DaS3's engine with actual good controls. Who would want that anyway, right?

The story is a fucking incoherent mess
The level design makes absolutely no sense
The controls are fucked beyond repair

I swear, you DS2fags only like the game because Majula is pretty and the first few starting areas are decent. The game is objectively a 3/10 once you it Iron Keep.

I believe it was DS1>DES>DS2>BB>DS3

If I remember right he was counting his own deaths at that point and said it wasn't his fault it happened and gave himself "half" a death

And fix the bad hitboxes and reused or shit bosses. Also make the world at least have internal coherence.

"EVERYTHING IS BLUE!"

>it wasn't his fault it happened
was it not his fault that time

>Imagine being a katana fag

is Daughter of Ash any good? i want to play with a pyro

Attached: 1479866831177.png (1024x1024, 1015K)

It probably was, I haven't watched either BB TYHDP's in a long time so I don't remember exactly how it happened just him arguing with his chat "If that counts?"

"Okay, we got around to making a half decent port of the game. Yeah, we fucked with the matchmaking in detrimental ways. No, we didn't fix most of the bugs. No, we didn't make it look any better. That'll be 40$"

>Bosses are better

Attached: really boi.jpg (960x882, 59K)

I actually hated katanas before I killed the guy outside firelink and used the uchigatana, I just love the ability to parry disregarding a shield. It gives me another way of defending against an attack
also black blade and the frayed blade are fucking sexy

DS1 old
DS2 shit
DS3 refining

all of them are incomplete messes

Attached: 1479866630494.png (1024x1024, 1.21M)

The sound on the Switch port is fucking
unbearable.

is this bait? majority of Yea Forums has always screamed REHASH to any sequels that barely hinted at the previous games or accused it of pandering.

that's because the DLC came too late
it's worse if you are already on NG+ or +++++

Attached: ds3 phantom stomp.webm (960x540, 1.6M)

I know what you mean. I laughed out loud when I heard the title screen sound, it's straight out of a walkie talkie.

>frayed blade is sexy
utterly shit taste yuck

I don't know man, I love the obsidian black, charred look to it. Looks like it's been molded by the Abyss

Attached: frayed_blade_ds3.jpg (1589x1101, 94K)

Is it safe to say that The Old Hunters is the hardest thing FromSoft has done? The difficulty is just insane compared to the vanilla game. NG+ makes it even more so

I'd say the only really hard thing about ToH is Ludwig and Orphan, and they're about the same difficulty as Manus (provided you don't cheese with shields/poise), Friede, Gael, Midir, Monkey trouble, Isshin, and Owl 2.

I'm glad you keep this saved for these posts. Shows everyone how much of a retard DaS2 obsessives are.

I think Demon of Hatred earns that title. Unless you use the fire shield prosthetic, it is just so brutal. At least for me.

He was unbearable on my first playthrough but once you know how to approach him he actually isn't too bad, especially if you have the finger whistle. Laurence however is the most absurd boss ever no matter how many times I fight him