Have gaming youtube channel for years now

>Have gaming youtube channel for years now
>Small sub count but they say they really like my content and that I have good editing and make good points
>Just upload my content when it's done and don't shill it anywhere
>TFW channel isn't growing at all
Anyone have experience with something like this? I make videos for fun but at the same time it would be nice to get more than 1k views per videos. Anything I can do outside of shamelessly shilling my content on shit sites like reddit or spamming my shit everywhere?

Attached: 2000px-YouTube_social_white_square_2017.svg_-1-1024x778[1].png (1024x778, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tqTV8vLi06E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Apparently jumping off bridges helps with exposure

I'm in the same boat my man, and all I can say is just enjoy what you do and pray success finds you. Honestly from my own exp, shilling on Reddit prolly is your best bet for a quick burst of views and it's been the only way I've really gotten any views, granted IT IS a double edged sword. You'll get eyes on your content but they might not like it or maybe just dislike it solely on principle of you shilling it. Just don't be retarded and over do it, just shill here and there and you should be fine. I went from double digits subs to quads after a few months of lightly shilling. Good luck fren.

Attached: It doesn't end.jpg (2500x1870, 629K)

I've seen a Youtuber I follow like this. She's super cute but barely breaks 20 views. Shits sad.

Get a real hobby, wannabe e-celeb.

lmao

Truthfully? You're fucked. You're getting into the game way too late to have a chance.

you need to either make a video that's controversial enough to get people clicking (soft-clickbait) or make content regularly enough to get put in the algorithm. That's it. That's all that makes it these days.

fpbp

Shilling doesn't work either, so don't even try that. I have a channel with my friend and we've done everything including reddit and other gaming sites. It's all just short-term boosts to views that don't have any staying power.

Basically if you want to do stuff like this, you're at the wrong time for doing it. If you started your channel years ago when LPs were just becoming a thing you might have a chance. Now, you need some really weird ways to get success.

Why do you give a fuck how many views your shit gets, you attention seeking fags.

But then I have to go to reddit.

My fucking 9 month old video went from 300 views to 6000 in a couple of weeks, t-thanks youtube algorythim

Reddit doesn't work in the long run. It's all outside views that don't stick to your channel. Basically nobody funneling in from reddit is gonna stick around to watch your shit.

Then what do I do? Learn to use instagram or twitter?

>falling for the "I'LL BE A SUCCESSFUL YOUTUBER" meme
it's a fucking lottery chance of getting any chance of youtube fame, you fucking retards

Attached: 1501093280_pep3.jpg (800x800, 235K)

>try streaming
>play some card games and stalker
>all the sudden get a lot more viewers than usual
>growing pretty quick pretty fast
>can't handle the pressure of it and end up sabotaging my own success
Why am I so fucked up that I can't even let myself have anything good

Attached: 1560315600681.jpg (500x500, 93K)

This.
>Video I made get's a lot of views
>Check reddit
>It's on the front page of r/games and r/PCgaming
>Get 20k views off of that alone
>plus 4 subscribers

I was happy to have this video get some more traction after the ProJared thing happened.

Attached: toomanygames.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

cry about it some more like some whiny e-celeb nigger.

you have to be 18 or older to post here, eceleb wannabes

Do you guys also narrate your gameplay in your head like if you were streaming but you're actually not

You say that but I have 2 fucking friends that got big (as in 50k subs in 6 months) off of youtube and It makes me want to know what i'm doing wrong

>youtuber
maybe try to get a real job

gib channel name

>actually wanting to be a "content" "creator"
yikes....

they won the lottery
you didn't

I do have a real job. Youtube is a hobby.

how long until you start shilling your patreon here?

If you're not one of *them* don't bother.

TheBekachu

In everyone else's defense, she has a bad mic.

It's an issue with the youtube algorithm. Your videos need to be tagged well, but usually youtube doesn't suggest your videos to the right people that actually use youtube.

To start a good channel nowadays you need a handful of people that watch all the stuff on your channel so youtube thinks your stuff is worth watching based on stuff like impact and time per viewer.

Outside sites usually don't help unless it's a forum where you can rake in hardcore fans of a specific game. The problem is that most forums usually don't like no-names coming to post shit. So you have to spend time trying to ingratiate yourself with them.

ok but what about videogames

>Yea Forums - e celebs
zoomers were a mistake

Attached: 1511528398663.jpg (600x600, 72K)

>get loads of likes and comments
>nice content bro, keep it up!
>excelent as always user!
>love ur vids buddy
>get one (1) dislike or negative comment
>mfw
How do you deal with trolls and criticism?

Attached: alex.gif (309x313, 2.91M)

jewtube's algos are cucking you hard.
They have their hand picked shills sit at the top of the pile while the rest of us are fucked.

For me the worst part of being a youtuber is actually going to reddit, it fucking sucks, I hate their mods.

She's hideous

>Plays Sims 4
yeah that's where she's fucked up

>TFW channel isn't growing at all
Keep making videos until one gets botted by some company to advertise their product and youtube is like "wow your channel is popular let's recommend it to everyone"

just don't, it's a ridiculous venture in 2019 unless you're truly just in it for a few people to enjoy it with no real gain
even for the successful people in the golden age it was fleeting and most of them have ended up terribly or in some weird internet hell doing shit they now hate just to scrape by

lol harden up you so i sipping fagball

why does youtube keep cucking content creators? most people are just fucking off to twitch to make $

There's no true alternative, so they know they can do whatever they want.

bitch needs to learn volume control because shes peaking all over the place. I wouldn't listen to that shit for 5 mins let alone have in the background as noise.

Just do what you want, you'll find something.

Look at thehaddockbanker, he does fuck all and still gets something.

It seems like OP doesn't want advice in growing their channel they just want money so yeah, just do twitch instead.

>content creators
>content
>creators
pfffhahahahahahaha

>less than 500 subs
>30 seconds intro
>10 min video (stretching content)
>PLEASE SUBSCRIBE PLEASEEEE
why the fuck do people do this?

they want that money.

sounds like op and his welfare begging ass lmao.

Trying to imitate people who have a fuckton of subscribers, most likely.

Some of the most recent popular youtubers do this and frame their videos as telling a story that happened to them really poorly for 1 minute. Then end the video.

You guys have any tips for streaming?

My little brother and I live together and play a fucking ton of video games and we've been thinking about streaming, especially after the other night.

>Playing Pocky and Rocky on my SNES Classic
>Using Save States and the rewind feature
>end up stuck before a boss, can't rewind, saved over our other save state
>Brother has one life, I'm dead
>10 tries later he beats the boss and we're both going absolutely crazy

>his da2 streams
I don't know why I watched it. I guess I wanted to suffer with him.

Advertisers and political groups keep pressuring them to do this shit. They even have ADL goons on their moderation team.

why don't you try doing it on freecams to show how fucking gay you and your brother really are lmao. fucking streamers are the reason for why videogames are going down the shitter with this streamer friendly gay shit.

>You're getting into the game way too late to have a chance.
How many of the people who got into the game in 2005 and 2006 are still around? People have been saying 'it's too late to break through' since 2007, and people keep breaking through every year.
Doesn't mean you aren't still fucked though, because everybody is trying to break through.

>you need to either make a video that's controversial enough to get people clicking (soft-clickbait) or make content regularly enough to get put in the algorithm. That's it. That's all that makes it these days.
In what days was this not the case? It was always like this on youtube. The alternative is, make content that is actually valuable such that people pass around the link and talk about it of their own accord.

Truth of the matter is, whatever 'content' you're producing is probably not actually valuable to begin with.

I bet you have a sister

it's either that or Discord

OP your options are
1. Invent a time machine and get in on the ground floor
2. Have rich connected relatives and produce child focused/corporate friendly shit to get that behind the scenes bump
3. Produced above average but nieche shit that some normie faggot up boats on reddit and have it go viral (captain disillusion).
4. Chase the controversy and click-bait for years and years until one video blows up (YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT)
5. Do something that isn't youtube but put it on youtube.

These are your options, if you don't fit into any of the above you have a higher chance of being eaten by a shark.

Also share your shit, the chances of people magically finding your videos is fucking small

The only shit I watch on youtube nowdays is mostly docos and whatever can run in the background while I'm playing vidya. Any of that videogame shit where its some faggot screaming into the mic while they make silly faces gets a block from me. Special shoutout to Ian though since that boy is a national treasure even if youtube is having a hard on for pinging anyone that uses the word gun in a video because muh advertisers. At least hes making something that's educational.

Video games died when MMO's became a thing mr ebin oldfag.

>oldfag.
Oh I'm sorry, its "boomer" now.

tell that to the rat eyed ginger faggot that keeps infecting the recommended lists desu. that fucker is raping WoW harder the Blizzard ever could

Speak for yourself motherfucker

t. one of her first subscribers.
bitch has been at it since 2014 and she still a nobody lmao. go and comment on her videos about it you fucking virgin.

You can almost hear it whizzing above your head

I highly doubt you can make your channel grow without shilling it somehow

>going into nobody channels to leave a dislike and a mean comment
>they @ you asking for some kind of an explanation
>ignore them by disliking all their previous videos and moving on
kek I love being a prick

Do you really expect your shit to be put out there without shilling? You must be great at job hunting.

>Wants to make money
Actually I don't. I already have a good job. Having youtube as a career would be shit because I would have to have a consistent schedule and deal with internet people and not make them mad.

Discord? I use discord but I never thought you could shill videos on it. Wouldn't you just be shilling to the friends you already have?

oh so you just want attention instead thats even more pathetic considering that all you are doing is playing videogames while expecting some kind of audience for it.

>Share your shit
How do you do this without shilling?

Why does it matter how "big" you are, your viewers enjoy the content that's all that matters, unless you are a greedy kike after youtube bux

Actually it's to let people know about some of the shit I find important.
>Make video explaining what evil thing company is doing and no one else is talking about
>Want people to see it so at the very least people can know it's a problem

It's passive income if you have a handfull of videos that get constant views. People like JonTron can afford to go on a long hiatus and up their production quality because they have videos from 10 years ago that are still being watched to this day

I made a channel about a year ago and i'm up to 10k subs and 1mil views. So its doable, but some luck helps.

Still some advice, only two things matter to the algorithm:
1. watch time
2. impression click rate

So if you want love from the algorithm make sure people click your video and make sure they keep watching. Maybe improve your thumbnails, titles, video topics, etc. if you think the quality is good but people don't click enough.

Also shilling on reddit sucks. You get views but with shit watch time so its not worth it. And shilling on Yea Forums is even worse, you don't even get views.

I would stop beating around the bush and just admit to yourself that your dilema is really "How do I make money off this?". And the answer to that is it's not going to happen. It's just the reality of breaking into any "creative" field. There are people who have been doing what you do for longer, got better, made more connections etc. Time investment and luck are the deciding factors not how cool of a dude you are. It's also an incredibly saturated market. I wouldn't tell you to not follow your dreams or whatever but monetizing something that is really just a hobby you have will stay a dream and you need to be okay with that.

>a youtube current affairs channel
yeah its not like that space isn't already over saturated already with you yongyeas, balding bearded faggots with glasses and whatever other clickbaiting shit people do these days to pass off as "gaming news".

wannabe e-celeb shit is not videogames

I make a point not to give clicks to channels that shill themselves in any form whatsoever. Having an intro sullies the first date. Begging for likes as soon as the video starts is an insta-block.

We discuss youtube Yea Forumsideo now?

>all these faggots talking about shilling their shit on reddit
jesus couldn't be anymore blatant about this shit if you tried desu, its one thing to advertise how much of a slowpoke you were for the e-celeb gravy train now you are admitting to having whored yourself out on reddit for fuck all clicks. Having pride and being a content creator are two very different things no doubt.

collab with similar youtubers

This is my last month btw, and I only made one video. First 4 months I had 10 subs a month, so it can get better if you stick at it.

Attached: youtube.png (378x400, 18K)

Larger servers would pull new people from time to time, some I've been to in my short time using it even had shill channels for people to post anything they did online (YT, art, music, etc)

ever since that nog went swimming you can expect all the faggots to fight each other for the title of Yea Forums's next top boi desu.

This as a great example of why just being 'hot' isn't a meal ticket.
She's more attractive then the average weeb lard beast and her options are pretty good (she has isekai and harem shit), but who is the audience here?

She doesn't attract otaku because she shits on their pedo fap bait
She doesn't attract the female weeb because shes not fat and caked in hot topic makeup (and exclusively talk about yaoi otps)
She doesn't appeal to men generally because no tits out
She doesn't appeal to women generally because she talks about anime.

Like from the video I watched her opinions are pretty OK, but so what? I could ask any of my friends the same thing and get the same opinion without watching a video.

Maybe try getting a real job, or make you content more appealing to 6 year olds since thats your demographic.

It can also not get bettter. I've been doing videos for 14 months and i only have 100 subs.

BRIDGE JUMPING
MIND LOSING

if you're not growing it means your videos are probably boring/not derivative enough

kek

I never log in with my gmail regardless of whether I actually liked the video or not. Also adblockers are great for just having video after video playing with no interruptions. Accessing Youtube on a device that didn't have some form of adblocking just shows how rampant they can get with up to 5 ads of this shit over the space of 10 mins depending on how much of a kike they are. I don't know how anyone can watch anything with that shit its annoying af.

i usually strike gold by accident but become so disillusioned and cynical of what i made shortly afterwards and squander my spotlight everytime

idk whats wrong with me

Is it really hard to network and advertise yourself to achieve success? Because it feels like you either need bait videos with obnoxious titles and thumbnails or have connections to popular e-celebs to make decent money out of this.

grow up

lol

Fuck you. Everyone wants to be a YouTuber or a rapper or some other stupid shit. If you want money, get a job. Most real jobs start paying within weeks of starting.
The world doesn't need another tuber.

Also, have sex

says the faggot that wants to be the next pewdipie lmao.

>>Make video explaining what evil thing company is doing and no one else is talking about
>>Want people to see it so at the very least people can know it's a problem
So many fucking people do this, and most just bitch online and move on with their day. Like what evil thing you're talking about? Abusive labor conditions and awful MTXs? Harassment? Censorship? Prioritizing other countries or awful regional pricing? All been done by multiple people and not a single thing happened to change all this.

As someone with nearly 700k subs, it's kind of just luck. I made a viral video which got me attention. Also having top notch production is a must.

I tried my hand at the live-streaming that’s all the rage with the kiddos these days.

It was painful for everyone.

Then again I hate how I sound and talk and I’m really just doing it to get myself comfortable with... myself.

It's not news. It's actually old stuff. I made a video explaining in detail how Bethesda stole the rights of Fallout from Black Isle and how other gaming companies do it as well. Basically stuff that happened years ago.

/x/ here, if you ever need charisma, all you have to do is make a deal with you know who.

Attached: 1509998030717.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

>I never log in with my gmail
Can you even log in without a gmail?

The Emotionally stunted manchild needs no deals with Voldemort

I've been using the rule that if it takes more the 20 seconds to actually get into a video I move on. I ain't got time to listen to you prattle on about some inane shit, a shitty intro with some gay ass techno or to do the rounds of patreon/social media handle begging. The few that I have bothered subscribing to get straight to it without the cocking around. The desperation on some of these bastards is palpable.

well guys if that plan doesn't work does anyone else have any ideas on how I could expand my channel
> GO CRY ABOUT IT SOME MORE FAGGOT
stop being immature he asked a totally viable question in his own thread. You're just mad an actual discussion is happening instead of trolling and shitposting. DIE

Attached: 1554554045623.jpg (480x465, 21K)

You need to say smash that like button and hit the subscribe click the bell for notifications but call them something cool like "note-ees"

Is this your channel?
I like what you do when I remember it exists.

Biofag here. I want to make videos taking a scientific perspective of Cryptids and other /x/ tier shit. But without going full fedora and instead looking at Bigfoot, loch ness, ect would be like if they were real. I have the bio knowledge to do it and the editing skills but is it something people would actually care for?

Attached: Low-Res-Mokele-Mbembe-by-Mackal-clean[1].jpg (1268x1008, 415K)

>Know channel since 2016
>Has nearly 3.5k subs
>Been one of the first hundred subscribers
>Still nice and chill community
It's fun to watch their Let's Play content that isn't complete shit.

Attached: HAMBURGER.png (900x1260, 520K)

OP, make sure your videos cover current things and not just old stuff and your views should continue slightly increasing. 1k views per video is already pretty good.

you can but I do it because I have playlists mixes that I enjoy listening too during vidya. that and throw away gmails aren't hard to make.

>le japanese memewave lady with gun .bmp
kys

>Also shilling on reddit sucks. You get views but with shit watch time so its not worth it. And shilling on Yea Forums is even worse, you don't even get views.
Never shilled my shit on reddit but is this true? If say a bunch of people watch my video but only watch some of it, would the algorithm penalize me for it?

the trick to getting views is posting in threads just like this one while no one believes it's actually you, the uploader doing it
youtube.com/watch?v=tqTV8vLi06E

Attached: no boner.gif (500x500, 500K)

Dude, I would fucking love that. Go for it!

I make music for vidya, I just make remixes of popular things to get views and subscribers, well also I like the stuff I remix so I'd do it anyway.

Naw, it's always painfully obvious, someone on Yea Forums didn't stumble on a video with less than 1k views and post it here without either it being theirs, or being a friend of the uploader.

enjoy making shit that nobody will watch because cable tv milked that old tit dry years ago with their constant hitler and ayy lmao documentaries.

>be a part of a community
>be influential, good, knowledgeable, or funny
>make videos that expand the community you're a part of.
>share
>???
>profit
started with animated porn. never going back to normie work. The most important step is being a good leader that doesn't shit on other's ideas.

I wish you were actually Emtpy hero. I want to fit my tiny dick into that open mouth of yours.

I don't know whether it would penalize you, but it won't help you.

>have small gaming channel
>most videos only have 20~300 views
>mostly just use it as an archive to save videos of good times playing vidya with friends
>bit of everything on there
>be recording during a large fleet in Eve Online one time
>we get ganked
>our Fleet Commander is salty as fuck
>I upload the 30min video of his salty nerd rage
>video gets 5k views in a few days
>hit 10k views in a year
pretty funny.

best way to get views is to
>be either be the first person to jump on some new game and hope it gets viral
>make videos of old games no-one else has made videos of
>make videos of obscure/indy/small dev games that have basically nothing on youtube
especially the last point because nothing is more frustrating than trying to watch videos of an obscure game and the ONLY let's play is a either a 3rd worlder, a guy with a shit mic or a dude with a shitty voice.

Empty, you're a turbohomo but you trigger a certain small individual so you all good.

Shill

Or just be like Kenny and shamelessly shill yourself in every single thread about youtube in every board

God i fucking hate youtube essayists with a fucking passion but at the same time i really want to become one, what the fuck is wrong with me

>be a part of a community
Bad idea when you want to start a Patreon.

I like your videogame review videos. Your shitposting is fun but your best work is when you actually put in effort.

>stream on a regular schedule (same time, same days every week)
>have a general theme to the games you play, or schedule different games on different nights (for example, Sips was known for indy city builder, colony and resource management games before he hit it big, now he can just play whatever the fuck he wants).
>have a good mic and a nice voice
>dont be a try-hard, just genuinely have fun
>playing multiplayer with friends helps boost a lot too depending on the game. people would rather watch someone play ArmA 3 with friends than a guy play by himself.

You probably hate them so much because you wish you were one/you think you could do better.

Surprised to see this thread is still up, big ups to the mods.
>best way to get views is to
This whole part is absolute gold, if you want to be someone who doesn't shill their shit on reddit/everywhere else this right here is your best option
>t. gayming jewtuber

Attached: thumbs up!.jpg (301x267, 44K)

Fuck off back to R3ddit you stupid niggerfaggot poltard. Have sex incel.

I just hit 60k subs. From my experience, making videos on currently popular/trendy stuff while still being remotely original is a good way to gain attention. Make your title and thumbnail "pop out" as well (not necessarily talking about making it as clickbaity as possible".

Any of you guys got hit with the demonetization?

Not that guy.
My problem with video essayists is they generally have a fucking huge problem with presupposition.
>Given x is true I'll use that as the basis of my argument that Y was trash for the next 40 minutes
But wait you never even tried to prove X was true.
Maybe it's just because my job requires me to actually argue in good faith that this triggers me.

Can someone link OPs channel or a video of his?

>TFW the creators of an old obscure videogame retweet my video

It's honestly a great feeling.

>kys
the classic "in lieu of being unable to defend myself I'll argue in bad faith" do yourself a favor and stop posting

Attached: 1554001505797.gif (550x340, 2.9M)

seething

>youtuber faggot telling someone else to stop posting
the irony.

Hello OP. I have made some pretty considerable growth with my channel in the last 6 months and hope this advice can be of use to you.

>Most successful videos released alongside the reveal of related gaming hits like Smash
>Upload videos once per week
>Share content on relevant communities
>Use simple hashtags, include relevant content in description

And now the thing I think really matters most...
>Put your heart into the work

I mostly focus on making original content or voiceover stuff but I sometimes go really serious with it. I hope this helps. If you have any questions please ask.

Attached: point.jpg (638x480, 41K)

>channel has accumulated hundreds of dead subscribers due to a combination of changing content and being on the site for a long time
PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE! I DON'T WANT YOU ON MY LIST IF YOU DON'T WATCH MY VIDEOS
I did for a video on Attack on Titan 1. My appeal request is stuck in limbo

More "I don't have a response please see through my uses of insults and single word replies and bother someone else." Can't come up with an actual response with complete sentences and arguments?

Attached: 1552861737412.jpg (533x358, 55K)

>PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE! I DON'T WANT YOU ON MY LIST IF YOU DON'T WATCH MY VIDEOS
I know this feel, too, and it's not like you can just make a video asking them to unsubscribe 'cause it'd look awful.

Attached: 1541127729991.png (95x100, 18K)

Don't be an unsociable faggot.

Attached: horheristo.png (530x202, 16K)

the few times I've encountered these e-celeb fags out in the wild they have mostly been gay cunts playing it up like they were on tv or some shit. the worst being I got banned a couple of days for stream sniping because I bodied him a few times in game without realizing he was streaming at the time. It was a rare experience but one that I didn't enjoy its one thing to broadcast gameplay its another to use this as a crutch to get someone kicked because they made you look like a fool in front of your fanclub.

At this point you can't expect much.

First off take a few steps back from your channel and look at it as a newcomer, or perhaps find someone to critique it. The fans you listen to could just be yes-men that are dragging you down (or perhaps you just need some tweaks here and there they're too nice to suggest or know about). Keep a schedule (this is important). Keep your finger on the pulse of your topics as the moment you are recording/editing/discussing countless other people are as well. Give your regulars a reason to really talk about you. Shilling is needed but you don't have to be a shit about it. I'm drunk so sorry if this is fucking bad just spitballing.

What a QT

>still going
youtubers really crave that attention huh?

i remember ur channel. good shit