What went wrong? It was better than the Apple TV and most set top boxes at the time

What went wrong? It was better than the Apple TV and most set top boxes at the time.

Attached: playstation-tv.jpg (1028x818, 98K)

I bought like 2 of these. Hacked and put a flash in it. No regrets.

What went wrong is that they didn't market it at all. I'm the only person I know that knows this thing even exists.

Literally all the Vita needed to not die was a fucking Monster Hunter game

Good shit bro. I'm assuming you had access to N64 and below emulators. I never hacked mine tho.

>what went wrong?
probably this

I wish I got one when they were $20 but now you can’t find one for under $80

needing their retarded and overpriced memory cards

It was half baked. They should have changed to UI to suit the form factor. That being said, I have 2 of them. Got them for $20 each. Will probably sell one soon.

same except I ended up trading a frying pan for one later

Good emulation machine.

Well? Was the frying pan worth it?

>people were making multiple threads saying buy it since it was so cheap
>Some people were saying they can't because it was that price only in USA
>majority was shitposting saying "lel I'd rather buy burgers than a shita"

I am sure there were some smart people who bought these and made a profit of them. Good for them I say.

No Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, etc on a limited OS that was clearly designed for the touch screen of the Vita.

That and a shit load of games are either white listed or don't play well on the TV.

Had they bundled it with Uncharted (with fixed controls) and had proper streaming services with a better UI, it would have done well.

Too bad Nintendo put down the cash. :^)

I dunno if my friend uses it, it was a spare I had and thought he might appreciate it. he was giving me the pstv for free. it was a nice $50 carbon steel fying pan

This.
There was little to no marketing for it and most retailers had no idea what it was or what it could do.

Guess even with the massive DS success, PSP made them scared so they pulled everything they have to kill any chances Vita could have and they succeeded thanks to that and Sony being retarded.

Because it didn't do anything particularly well. It wasn't a great streaming machine since it barely had any apps and it wasn't a great console since it only ran PS1, PSP and some of the Vita library. Also the not marketed whatsoever and just thrown out in stores didn't do it favors either. Custom firmware it's a much greater machine sure but how Sony handled it was abysmal.

yet another example of Sony mimicking and doing it poorly

And I'll add to this that it definitely wasn't better than an Apple TV back in the day. It could only output at 720p or 1080i and for a streaming media box that's a joke. It also made PSP and PS1 games look like shit as they were blown up to blurry shit and not actually fitted or scaled to the resolution correctly.

This is literally the first I’ve heard about them

It had Netflix, though?