The xbox scarlett is confirmed to be backwards compatible with all previous xbox consoles. Will the ps5 do the same?

The xbox scarlett is confirmed to be backwards compatible with all previous xbox consoles. Will the ps5 do the same?
>streaming doesn't count but classics like the ps3 had, do.

Attached: XboxScarlett.png (1246x222, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

segmentnext.com/2019/04/30/ps5-backward-compatibility-ps3-games/
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-06-11-i-would-be-nice-to-buy-a-japanese-studio-phil-spencer
tweaktown.com/news/64711/ps5-patent-teases-ps1-ps2-ps3-ps4-backwards-compatibility/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Will the ps5 do the same?
No, just PS4.

That's actually really awesome

Typical Microsoft to be so backwards thinking.

They should do Dreamcast and Saturn too, and rerelease the good games on disc and get Hyperkin to make BC controllers with backlit, color VMUs.

No. Sony is getting too comfortable, and they'll seek to cut costs wherever possible.

source

its a fucking streaming device
why wouldn't it be backwards compatible

segmentnext.com/2019/04/30/ps5-backward-compatibility-ps3-games/

???

???

Source?

micro shit use emulation and it never worked from 360 BC of forza and still doesnt

there are only a handful of game sthat emulate well on xbox and they are all the worst 1st party shite

nothing you owned on og xbox or 360 runs right on xbone and wont on nextbone

Honestly torn between the 2

Xbox this gen really disappointed me with the lack of exclusives. Really served me no real use except for the games i bought on it just to justify having it. Backwards compatibility SOUNDS nice but the games i wanted to play on my xbox wasnt even made BC, whats the point.

Playstation gave me the most unique games to play compared to xbox, but theyre jews on BC, and theres alot of games i want to play from the older consoles that i never get the chance.

Xbox really needs to step up the exclusive game
Playstation needs to step up the backwards compatibility

Maybe this time it'll be native and not emulation?

I doubt it but there's hope.

You're right, most 360 games run better on the xbone than on a 360.

playstation will not go back to ps3

they may be able to do ps2 but honestly that might be worse press than it would be god press. people wont understand why they would need to skip ps3 for b/c.

whatever. the XBL subscription fee ruined consoles for me and now that Playstation are doing it as well consoles are dead to me. they could offer backwards compatibility with all 90s PC games and Dreamcast and I still wouldn't even consider buying a console.

>Xbox really needs to step up the exclusive game
more like it needs to stop making a shitty box to convince japs to actually port their shit to it

OP here, there's no confirmation about that. Don't start fanboy war shit.
I honestly think/hope they do it classics style. And this time, fucking include silent hill 3.

native would imply there's an entire physical original Xbox AND an entire physical 360 AND an entire physical Xbone inside the new console. that's absurd. use your head.

its not its confirmed to be using their garbage cloud servers than only work if you live in silicone valley

they dont run at all!
they only emulate "select" games no everything and its just 100 titles those include gears 123456 and halo 1234567 and forza 3456 h1 h2

absolutely the worst shit on offer

i put my og forza disc in my 360 and everything ran at 2x speed and they never ever fixed it and its shit

The fuck are you talking about, I've played NGB, Red Dead Rdemption and tons of BC games that run better on xbone than their OG counterparts.

This most likely.

Nah. The only reason we're getting getting BC at all this coming gen is because Sony and MS are using x86 twice in a row for the first time ever. MS is going all the way back to original xbox because they already have a working x86 emulator for those. It's also why Sony is only doing ps4 on ps5.

The list was missing 2 of my favorite games
>ninety nine nights
>operation darkness
but it was still really good! Lost odyssey and enchanted arms made it on which is exactly what I wanted.

ps5 is confirmed BC ps4 but my ps4 currently has a shit ton of vita cross play games ps2 classs and ps3 rematers on it already lik e the gow collection and uncharted collection!

thos will work on ps5 caus they work now on ps4 which is confirmed

i have FF XII FFS

Nah Japs hate Xbox. That's a cultural thing. If the console sells like shit in Japan, the console isnt getting nop stuff outside of the big multiplat ones.

Shit, if xbox got more japanese support, i'd buy the fuck out of the scarlett. This isn't confirmation of them doing so but it at least tells us they acknowledge it.
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-06-11-i-would-be-nice-to-buy-a-japanese-studio-phil-spencer

>ive played in set the most generic multi million selling game here

you fucking nigger
the whole point is that selecting and choosing what to emulate means only the most popular and successful games work

what about my fucking 360 deadly premoniton or rainbow 6 vegas or tes drive unlimited or my fight night rund 3?

fucking whole point is emulation picks scum nigger populist game sto emulate and not the ones I ACTUALLY OWN i ahve like 200 games on disc for 360 maybe 12 of them work on xbone

>gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-06-11-i-would-be-nice-to-buy-a-japanese-studio-phil-spencer
That's a death sentence for that studio. RIP

if my copy of kung fu chaos doesnt work on xbox why would it work on the next one?

As long as I can play civilization revolution in 4k at 60 fps I'll buy one. I still play it daily. Sadly it's about all I play anymore.

are you fucking kidding me?

the shitty ps3 civ game i played like 12 years ago?

play fucking tropico 5 jesus christ!

>Will the PS5 be backwards compatible with Xbox one?

Attached: 431143B2-C507-4E7A-AE2C-9627A32D793A.jpg (650x471, 29K)

It will only be compatible with titles that already compatible with XO and they'll add more. Natively it will be compatible with XO only.

meh
all the good original xbox games are on PC
Xbone had no exclusives

Microsoft should just stop making the xbox and focus on PC

Good job sonyger

Don't be mad, you know what I said is true.

exactly

thats a piece of shit currated list of very specific games usually from xbox game studios

it doesnt cover the 10 years of disc 360 games i played and own

for example :
saints row or lost planet, blue dragon

I'm getting the scarlett you ding dong. I'm just too old to be a fucking fanboy.

What are the chances ms is buying capcom?

If they do that, your ass is going to get ripped hard by Snoy. Better not hope for that unless you're a PC guy. And not a console only peasant.

there was a fucking SICK og xbox rally game called.. challenge or something? also i hhad links golf on the not the shitty ea golf the links game which was excellent!

also ghost recon 1 2 and 2 summit srike

it actually plays all those. youre chugging to many cans of soibeans and playing some third person over shoulder cinematic 8 hour dragged to 20 hour to include more walking and talking ps4 games. its blinding you from reality and making you seem biased. stop that

Who the fuck owns original xbox or ps2 games? Just mod a console with a HDD and pirate. PS4/Xbone are the only backwards compatible shit that matters.

>I'll just lie they won't notice

None.

i want t o play the fucking games already own if a console is BC thats what it fucking means

not heres the remaster of hallo collection 6 you fucking smug kike midget

>BUY ALL YOUR FAVORITE GAMES ALL OVER AGAIN

That's not how it works

yes i too would rather play halo 1 at blurry 480p and 30 frames instead of a clean remaster that has the entire series for a dollar (gamepass) or 20 (regular) at up to 4k (if you have a bone x). if you really have 200 360 games and only 12 work, you have japan only garbage that no one cares about. if too human and ninja gaiden 2 can make it, anything can

the entire point of bc is that its for people who dont want to buy th e fucking remaster you stupid fucking jew

if your buying the remasters why would you care about bc at all?

>japan only garbage that no one cares about

so its not realy backwards compatable?
got it

>confirmed liar
Rainbow Six Vegas does work, it was one of the first batch of BC games, they even gave both games away free with Rainbow Six Siege

what about black arrow?

not every game has a remaster. i would like a definitive edition of ninja gaiden 2 but its not going to happen. but now that its programmed for their new hardware, its timeless and preserved. the halo collection is a tremendous value and good remaster of a great series. if it didnt exist then i would want more halo games bc

I already have them bro. :)

i dont care about backwards compatibility, whats important is if i can digitally play old games

what about my og xbox game Otogi?

PS5 patent for full backwards compatibility with PS1-PS4, we win bros

tweaktown.com/news/64711/ps5-patent-teases-ps1-ps2-ps3-ps4-backwards-compatibility/index.html

Attached: 1530994302399.png (474x477, 216K)

This is why 360 did so well I think. Japanese devs actually made or ported games to it.
They need to buy or fund Mistwalker. I want BD2! I also think Sakaguchi deserves another chance at the big time.

>confirmed to be backwards compatible with all previous xbox consoles
Sold, then. I was waiting for this.

>the halo collection is a tremendous value and good remaster of a great series.

oh right you just some fucking scum sucking yank cunt shill i see

the HC was roundly despised by everyone who played or reviewed it. its been common knowledge that the hc is fundamentally broken and never worked at lauch

halo collection is FUCKING BROKEN PIECE OF SHIT YOU FUCKING LIAR!

pff how long did it take for you guys to get 100% backwards compatibility?
i dont even know what its like to not be able to play my old games on my current system anymore

its not there. im sorry cause i have both of them and want it to. just have to hope the nextbox is so strong it can just play anything with no problem. but if not, then their emulation team is continuing all future work on it so im satisfied either way

>Who the fuck owns original xbox or ps2 games?
I sure do.

>its emulated
its only backwards compatable with a currated select list of games microsoft pay to emulate by devs

game sthat devs do not exist or didnt want to do it dont have to

there are thousands or 360 titles and only a couple hundred work on xbone

>Scarlett BC all gens
Okay
>PS5 BC all gens
WE WIN BROS

I don't get it.

no actually microsoft just said in a statement last month they are no longer working on making any more games BC instead focusing on making the current gen work on the next box

>emulated vs hardware

learn the difference or jump of a bridge nigger

Shitposting

>deadly premoniton or rainbow 6 vegas
both of these are bc and there are fucking jap only VNs on BC you dumb nigger.

What is with Sony fans and patent?

It is unlikely we will ever see a console with BC to the PS3.

>this retard is talking about og xbox games running bc on the 360
Yeah dummy, most of those titles did run like hot ass.
The xb1 actually improves og+360 games via emulation. If it wasn't for licensing, they could emulate the entire damn catalog with improvements across the board. FUCK YOU LICENSING

nope forza runs like shit

They are both going to be emulated. Sony isnt going to pull another $599 by shipping a PS4 inside every PS5 like they did with the PS3.

>he thinks ghost recon was xbox exclusive

Which forza?

No.

>20 OXbox games
>A third of the 360 library
>Xbone has no games, of course

Awkward

they already confirmed it brainlet

>20

hooly shit is this real?

they confirmed that they're shipping a ps4 with every ps5?
or confirmed they're shipping a ps4 disguised as a ps5

Where's the link?

Yeah, it's around that number. They didn't do a whole lot.

The patent emulates the hardware of the older consoles but it doesn't emulate the games

I don't get it
how can it be hardware emulation if it emulates the hardware

The ps2 hardware was actually cheap as fuck though.

yes

the only one explicitly confirmed so far is ps4 but there is a patent for BC stuff for ps1-3 and a lot of the leaks that came out for ps5 (which turned out to be true) stated that it had full scale BC for all playstations

like the vita psp did you fucking zoomer

Neat, might buy. What are good games for all the xbox systems?

so...
you lied, basically

i have ps2 games and ps1 games and ps3 game son my ps3 right fucking now that work

no its both

Nice propaganda mate.
Games often run better on Xbone.
They also don't just emulate shit but hotswap x360 kernel so it natively handles all calls.
But I guess you are just salty about PS (not available in your region) now, while we have GamePass Ultimate for both PC and console.

Should I also mention that Forza Horizon 1 is BC?

Attached: 1528626583847.jpg (1920x1080, 691K)

its fucking not
it didnt work on my 360 when i put the disc in years and years after release

everything wwas x2 speed

I'm still curious to know what Microsoft's plan for VR on Gen9 is going to be. There's no chance in hell they won't jump on it.

Attached: cute gril.jpg (700x982, 247K)

If true, I vow to go with the ps5 over scarlett.

you mean WMR?
you seem to forget that Microsoft isn't "just" a console company like snoy

mark cerny lead architech already confirmed this yes in person

really, could I get a source?

You seem to be mentally stunted. I can't really understand what you mean.
You put Forza Horizon 1 into X360 and it was running too fast and based on that you tell me that Xbone BC doesn't work?

Yes as in it will be able to play ps1 and ps2?? Also, stream garbage or disc/purchasable via classics?

Are you talking about Forza Motorsport (1) you retarded piece of shit? If not, then are you talking about Forza Horizon (1) you paint sniffing mongoloid?

>he confirmed the patent
FINNA PREORDER ME A PS5 RIGHT NOW

>i put my 360 game in my 360 and it didn't work
what the fuck does that have to do with the xbone

guys?

We are talking about Xbox One, you subhuman. And yeah, I was talking about FH1 that I mentioned before.

so by "backwards compatible" do they mean what they have now as in only 30% cherry picked games, or full or near full compatibility like the PS2/3 have with ps1 games?

yes

By all means, explain in great detail what you mentioned earlier. I didn't quite catch your mentally ill drift.

Not a real effort into VR, it's just hardware and it's not even attached to Microsoft's priority gaming platform.

We need to see a headset with a huge X in it. They initially advertised the XB1X as a VR platform but backed away from it, surely they have some sort of prototype for Xbox VR.

>Microsoft's priority gaming platform
you mean windows?

noones talking and any horizon you zoomer fucking nigger

xbone is bc with 360 apparently now they say the nextbone is bc with xbone

the fact forza from og bone doesnt work on my 360 means that why the fuck would i trust them to make annything else work?

>forza from og bone doesnt work on my 360 means that why the fuck would i trust them to make annything else work?

Is this bait? It has to be.

I'm reading
>this will be our final batch of xbox/xbox 360 games for the xbox one so we can shift focus to our future, project scarlett. It's out goal to bring every single xbox, xbox 360 and xbox one game at launch to the project scarlett.
Also, seeing that article that the guy posted itt, i'm guessing playstation is doing the same.

>he hasn't played a SINGLE bc game on the xbone x
You don't get to make snap judgments about the current state of microshit's emulating tech. The teams who worked on those respective bc programs are not the same. And I totally agree that all the FM1-4 games should be bc on the bone, but those bitches don't want to fork over the licensing fees again.

that phrase gives me Xcloud vibes

lets hope not for both of them. They need to realize streaming is shit and literally only s o y that work for google want it.

>owning an fucking xbone
i aint a fucking retarded yank

they said the 360 was bc is my point

it wasnt it never was and it was never fixed

the 360 is why i didnt buy an xbone and im not so fucking retared or utterly no self respect to even consider ever buying a M$ consol ever again

who the fuck is buying xboxes after 360? ill tell you who not so fucking many

>30m sales Lel
sega saturn niggers do better

>patent
So nothing

Who said anything about owning one retard? Everyone's waiting for M$ to announce the inevitable 360/og PC program.

>sega saturn niggers do better
>lying

He's not wrong though.

I just want to play Viva Pinata 2...

Attached: 1544690923589.jpg (743x729, 154K)

I want Viva Pinata 3 :(

what's stopping you?

No working Xbox 360 system and I feel like it's too late in the Xbox ones lifespan for me to pick one up. So I just sit here waiting for it to hit windows like 1 did.

Attached: mfw.png (482x448, 300K)

I wish some disgruntled employee would leak the bc code to the internet...

>the chance to play jet set radio future again
n-NO I dont want to buy it damn it!

If you actually read the patent, you would not it does not mention your old discs or the data is coming from. That means STREAMING or a SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE is possible. It doesn't make any claim to use the original discs.

Why would you wanna play old games? Lol

They already sold you a PS4 disguised as a PS5. It was called the 'Pro'. They doubled their income from hardware sales mid-gen because people are fucking retarded.

That patent is about emulation technology. It's not specifically about any certain game discs or game data. Can't you fuckers read this shit before re-posting like this is Facebook?

You and me both, brother

Attached: 1522671324958.jpg (960x958, 105K)

but he didn't say that retard.

no shit jackass it's a streaming box.

That backwards compatibility shit is fucking bullshit. Microsoft says that Vanquish is backwards compatible on the Xbone but every time I have tried it doesn't work! FUCK YOU BILL GATES!!!

But he did

2 and summit strike were

Blue Dragon and Lost Planet 2 are both backwards compatible on Xbox One, you dummy.

That only happens on a Nintendo or Sony system. With Xbox One and Scarlett, if you have the disc for an OG Xbox, Xbox 360 or Xbox One game, just put in the machine, install and play. If you have digital copies, just install and play. You can't really do that with PS4 or a Switch in terms of BC.

The MC was hated because it had broken ass servers when it launched. It's been fixed ever since and people have enjoyed it since. It's coming to Steam, with cross-play, so you can suck my dick, bitch.

Because they can't have ALL of the games be BC. There's shit like copyrights they have to deal with. Of course they can't just have all the games there without asking for permission.

They said they're not doing anything BC related to the Xbox One for now. They'll continue to work on it once the Scarlett is out.

>he didn't get to play Vanquish on an Xbox One
I pity you. I literally got it during Games with Gold and it was awesome.

Pretty shit Microsoft somewhat silently pulled the plug on 360 and OG BC at E3. They're not announcing any more BC games for xbone until at least Scarlet releases, and I'd be surprised if they announce any more period.

I played it on my 360 but I don't want to hook it up again when Microsoft says it'll work on my Xbone. Everytime I put the disc in to play it doesn't work though. Fucking lying Bill Gates!

Who cares retards. Xbox scareltt wont have exclsuives while ps5 will.

ps5 will definitely have emulation back to ps1. much news on the patents. if you dont know this by now you are an uninformed retard

Can't wait to play those exclusive netflix games on my PS5!!!

xbone has always been x86 cpu aka a locked down computer. sony has changed cpu architectures so it is harder for compatibility.

PS5 will have shitty censored SJW third person movies. I'll take Xbox Scarlett games being on PC over that shit.

cope

Xbox 360 was Power PC though.

For what?