What does Yea Forums think of the Sly Cooper series? Which games is your favorite? Sly 5 when?

What does Yea Forums think of the Sly Cooper series? Which games is your favorite? Sly 5 when?

Attached: sly.jpg (600x579, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cYAcHucf1AA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNRWTD8oZEo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Love this series. I don't think I have a favorite among them; they were all pretty good. I even enjoyed Thieves in Time, which a lot of people seem to hate. It doesn't look like Sly 5 is ever gonna happen, user. We can only dream.

I’ve only played the trilogy. 4 looks fun, but I rather pretend the story didn’t exist.

Wasn’t a movie in development? Haven’t heard any news about that.

Movie idea got thrown out. They'll be making a TV show instead, written by the guys behind Sonic Boom tv show.

I believe it was put on permanent hiatus after the Ratchet and Clank movie underperformed.

2>1>3>4
still playing through 4 though so it might get better

I'm currently going throught the Sly HD Collection and just finished 2. Gotta say, Sly 1 was a nice little game but Sly 2 just blows it out of the water.

Is Sly cut or uncut?

I love Sly

Sly 2 is one of the greatest games on the PS2, if not one of the greatest games period.

Sly 4 gets way too much flak. It was really good.
Sly 3 doesn't get enough flak. It was fucked up.

The main complaints I've heard about Sly 4 are how they changed Penelope and the radical change in art style. But if I'm being perfectly honest, the Penelope thing didn't bother me all that much and the new art style is fine. I loved the story in that game; I still go back every once and a while and watch the cutscenes. After playing all 4 games, I think it was the most memorable to me.

Attached: d4rl8w4-418058fb-3739-4513-949d-8772dbfff311.png (499x357, 237K)

Finally, 2 men of taste.

Thieves in time was a solid sly cooper game idk why everyone hates it so much

The only good complaints to have about 4 are its performance issues
The change in art was easy to get used to and for the most part felt like a natural shift
Though Carmelita really needed some work

It's baffling that so many people care so much about Penelope
She's such an unnecessary character, and she's not even in the game very often, nor was she particularly well-written in the first place

I mean I could go off on Sly 3 for like five hours like how the fuck did Sucker Punch think that game was OK

I only played the trilogy years ago. I remember loving the first game, and disliked 2 and 3 because I only enjoyed playing Sly. I should replay them someday. Also I forgot the existence of Sly 4, what's Yea Forums's opinion about it?

>ignoring that Sucker Punch much like Naughty Dog don't give a flying fuck about Sly Cooper because cartoony games do NOT sell compared to realism
Well SP never made a statement like that, they were just done with Sly
Like they're done with inFAMOUS

They let Sanzaru do Sly 4 based on a demo the team showed them while they were working on the HD collection

There's nothing worse than loving a series and knowing it'll probably never have another good entry. RIP Sly, Castlevania, Jak and Daxter, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Prince of Persia, Wario Land, F-Zero, Prototype, and Punch Out.

Played the first 3 when I was a kid, never played any of the other ones, never turned out to be a furry.

What about Blender?

childhood and the simple stuff was genuine experiences back then

Loved the first three and was disappointed by the fourth. It could've easily redeemed itself if they had GIVEN DIMITRI SOME LINES! He's my favorite damn character and not only did they scrap him as a playable character, he doesn't speak once the entire game.

I'd love to see a 5th game, but it's obvious Sanzaru games is never gonna touch the series again and sucker punch doesn't give a fuck about it anymore.

>cinematic "realistic" games
>look and feel to be the same junk
Did you even play inFAMOUS?

>I have more fun replaying Banjo than a game that hasn't come out yet
Well...
I mean, sure, but...

There needs to be a Sly 4 before there can be a Sly 5

Attached: 1473096509999.jpg (2299x2048, 476K)

Attached: 1544033174686.jpg (1024x1024, 144K)

There's no 4 in the title and it's not made by Sucker Punch

It's bad fanfiction

Attached: 1474664520296.jpg (293x212, 19K)

>fourth Sly Cooper game
>is actually better than the last game Sucker Punch made
Take your shit opinion elsewhere

>>is actually better than the last game Sucker Punch made

HAHAHAH LOOK AT THIS FUCKING IDIOT

Attached: concept_art10.jpg (918x551, 343K)

Wanna rub his crotch.

Sly 3 was stinky
Filled to the brim with half-baked minigames
Stupid gimmick characters
Awful story
Washed out colors
Empty hubs
Shitty bosses

It's hard to believe it was developed by the same people that made Sly 2

I’m honestly curious. What you don’t like about Sly 3? I don’t really care much about it as I liked 1 and 2 were better, but I don’t remembered having much problems with it.

I think I played a bit of 3 years ago? I dunno, it's been so long.

In terms of old mascot games I'd rather get a new Jak and Daxter or a new Ratchet and Clank.

Attached: get_ready_by_nmrbk_d4exiw5-fullview.jpg (900x829, 61K)

That’s awesome

see It was just a huge step down in a lot of ways and just plain isn't very fun

2 is easily the best overall but 1 has the best environments and enemies, its charming how much creativity 1 has, 3 and 4 are okay
5 seems like it might not happen considering how little 4 sold but I'm still hopeful

Attached: 1512679695081.png (853x480, 485K)

I enjoyed 1 most when I played the original trilogy all those years ago. But 2 was pretty good in it's own right. 3 is okay but was weak compared to the prior ones

Not him, but my biggest dislike of it is that it kind of has no rhyme or reason to its setting, story and missions. A lot of it feels forced and random vs 2 which felt like a thorough story and each world made sense progression wise.

Sly 3 has some fun mechanics gameplay wise, and genuine improvements on the formula 2 set up(replaying missions, making all members able to steal and traverse the maps fully, powerups, enemies being tankier), but that isn't enough for me to personally think it outweighs 2. I like 4 a bit more than 3 because it feels a bit more like 1 and 2 than it does 3.

As per usual

Attached: Screenshot_20180923-000905_Mimi.jpg (1080x654, 252K)

He better fucking do it, I need something to fill the void seeing as Villanous is just gonna get fucking canned

I played the Sly trilogy one after the other so I can't really separate them. I enjoyed them all for the most part. It was either 2 or 3 that had annoying challenges, maybe both, but fuck the one going through the Cooper vault (in 3?).
Also Sly 4 is a good game and Penelopefags are dumb. Art style isn't as good and Carmelita's voice is off still tho

I wish I was here when that retarded user made that baseless hypothesis. SP has always been about doing a series until it's done and leaving it done. Honestly one of the major reasons I respect them.

>Sly 5 when

never, sucker punch is done with the series

enjoy your new banham cinematic weeb edition

The Cooper Vault is unironically the best mission from 3, especially the timed version. It's such a cool payoff to the whole trilogy and a fun platforming section to boot.

Also, to your spoiler, they had a different voice actress each time, so they're all pretty much off except for the one from 1_

I am that user actually (I'm usually the one posting it in these threads just so one day when I'm able to do it, everyone knows it was birthed from Yea Forums), and yes, I will. If anyone is interested in asking questions as to what I want to do to make it standout, work, enrich the Cooper lore, etc. I'm happy to answer them.

Does anyone else want to eat sly's ass

I don't know why you guys all want Sly 5, they never even made a Sly 4.

100% this.

I wish Sly was my bf

Post Carmelita already

If the show does well we'll hopefully get sly 5. Would they pick it up where 4 left off?

The current run of the show isn't coming out. We're way too late into 2019 with no info since last year. It'll keep getting delayed before they drop it.

Sly 2 is king

Attached: yiti7k.jpg (626x625, 112K)

Ah, fuck it, I'll post some random shit in store and hope it keeps the thread alive because let's be honest, you can only say you want 5 or the cartoon so much.
Each in game episode is going to be split into three episode arcs, in each will be shorts regarding each Cooper ancestor. Their rise, greatest heist, and fall to Clockwerk. This will at least be season 1's routine, gotta see if I'll be able to keep that fresh. If not, we change it up. Conner will of course be excluded from that and instead have one to two episodes a season, during this time he forms his Cooper gang, meets Sly's mom, goes through the betrayal of Dr. M, and creates the laser slide technique (which is what Clockwerk steals and unceremoniously takes with him in the lava). This works well, seeing as Clockwerk gives no pages to the Thievius Raccoonus, we don't have an easy choice for Cooper to follow. Raleigh would obviously be Riochi, Muggshot would be Tennessee Kid, but Clockwerk will be Bob. Not called Bob though, because that's a stupid meme name and whenever anyone needs a lol so randumb name to give mute characters, it's Bob. See: the trash Percy Jackson sequel series. Anyway, we'll see Bob craft the first Cooper Cane and make his greatest heist: a nest of eggs. Clockwerk's eggs. This sets Clockwerk on his drive of hate, leading him to fusing magic and later metal to grant himself immortality. The exact methods won't be conveyed, but enough for it to make sense in the plot. Also, that will be the only content from 4. The series will be 5 seasons, every odd is a game adaptation, even is an original series, and we end with Sly 3.

imo Ratchet > Sly > JAK

>Sly 1
Trying to get their footing. Rough around the edges and hard to truly appreciate but it's got it's got a heart of gold. The minigames were always terrible and it has a problem with gaming abstraction, but other than that, no real problems on its own.
>Sly 2
Does EVERYTHING right. A masterpiece platformer on the same, if not higher level than other PS2 platformers. Gameplay? Perfect. Story? More than what's to be expected from a fucking hockyass furshitter platformer. Soulful as all hell with a kickass atmosphere, setting, etc. Still the best 2004.
>Sly 3
Gameplay is fine, same juicy goodness as 2 but with minor quality of life upgrades, but the story is a major downgrade over 2 and the gameplay is still bogged down with a plethora of gimmick minigames (biplanes/battalions/new characters with no real weight on the world ,etc) Panda King's level is clearly the best and seeing his story fleshed out is the best part of it.
>Sly 4
Sly 3 but absolutely worse. I genuinely don't know why anyone would defend that game here. The gameplay is "passable" but there are minor fuckups throughout. Sly's costumes feel like even cheaper gimmicks than the ones in Sly 3. Then they atleast felt fleshed out. The "metroidvania" shit feels forced, rushed, and breaks the flow of the game, needing to travel back to older levels kills collecting all the treasures. They also made a majority of the missions be Sly missions because "people prefered playing as sly". I don't even recall a single memorable Bently/Murry mission except that stupid training montage during the Ice Age level. The story itself is a fucking joke compared to every other one. Taking out the common criticism of Penelope turning heel again (which is fine by me that she turns heel considering her past, but it doesn't feels like a natural heel turn), every other character feels like a fucking caricature of their former selves.

I played Sly 2 on and off for years. Still haven't beaten it. I seem to like it for a while and then when a new chapter starts I'm just fucking bored with it. Needs a better sort of game flow than the missions+overworlds.

Which level are you on? It's very formulaic until world 4 starts. Unfortunately, 4 is the hardest to get into, but the theme of "getting back up" starts there.
I love how the theme is demolished at the end when Bentley and Murray quit, and in the next game when they make Murray join the gang again.
Fuck the characters and their development is so great in this series. This is what story in game should be, just as good as the phenomenal gameplay.

Well, rest in peace another Sly thread. Shame there's really nothing to talk about with them.

>Sly's costumes feel like even cheaper gimmicks than the ones in Sly 3. Then they atleast felt fleshed out.
What the fuck are you talking about
Sly 3 is the king of introducing a half-baked gimmick or minigame and then dropping it immediately
The new gang members are so shallow they could've easily been a single new ability/gadget for the main gang

Panda King literally has one level. Dimitri has two. Guru should have been Murray's moves. Penelope was Bentley. But if they did want to do the Cooper Vault plot, what else could they have done for the various world plots?

They're some pretty fun games. I think more people should play them.

Attached: EnragedHarmoniousLeafcutterant-size_restricted.gif (513x251, 2.16M)

>But if they did want to do the Cooper Vault plot, what else could they have done for the various world plots?
Literally anything else?
I mean LITERALLY anything else, because the chapter stories are completely irrelevant to the main goal other than grabbing new, redundant gang members

Honestly the entire premise of the game is fucking stupid
How exactly did Slytunkahmen get into the middle of the Pacific Ocean anyway

A boat through the- Oh shit, that would be the Atlantic. Maybe he traveled along the Silk Road. That could be how the Cooper clan came to Asia with Riochi. Out there, he realized he'd have no rival clans to try and steal from his vault, so he put it out there. He horded his loot, and left the key for his son to continue.

I have the PS3 trilogy in my cart but I know little about the series. Is it just another Naughty Dog platformer like Crash or Jak?

The first one is, but the two sequels create their own identity. The first is short and fun, but when you get to 2 (and to a lesser extent 3, which suffers from mini game bloat) you'll see why Sly is the best of the PS2 platformers, even if it was the black sheep of the bunch.

I love those games a lot but I hate talking about them on Yea Forums because of fucking furfaggots

Why didn't Sly 3 had clue bottles but 4 did? It was fun trying to search for them in 2.

Attached: 1560478811875.jpg (374x374, 41K)

Cool, then maybe I'll get it. It's always interested me but I never knew much about it

>He couldn't find all the clue bottles in 3
Did you even play the fucking game?

Yea I did. They're straight up gone in 3. The only thing I remember from 3 is replaying missions and the master thief challenges

That's also implying that the vault has always been in one spot, there is a chance it was moved multiple times and got better security over time. That vault door was probably made sometime either in the 1800 or 1900's. What I've always found funniest is kind of how the Cooper Gang was so quick to move to new areas and adapt exactly to that location. Like one day an Egyptian guy just stayed in Japan (or whatever intermediate place), hit on some Japanese raccoon and thus the next Cooper happened and repeat.

Sly was the first game I truly loved, and is certainly the best of the Sony mascots.

having recently played through all four games I think the order in which they rank is 2>1>3=4. Sly 2 is a classic game that sums up pretty well. 1 is too dissimilar to the rest to be really compared but i will say that it has some great level design due to not being tied to an open world. 3 is the game I've played the least and have the greatest nostalgia for, so I was pretty shocked to rediscover how half-baked it is. the game really ropes you in with Venice (which is comparable to the middling Sly 2 episodes like India pt1 & Prague pt1 ), and introduces a fairly interesting premise ('stealing' back the Cooper Vault), but a sharp decline occurs until Honor Among Thieves. the game leans too heavily on unfun minigames, and one-off areas that ultimately detract from the total map size. the lack of clue bottles and treasure runs really makes the levels feel barren, and detracts from the thief theming of the game as said the bossfights are mediocre for the most part, but that's a Sly tradition :^) the final level is enjoyable because it pays off the extended game-long set-up of acquiring the unique gang members. Cooper Vault is fun and the series story was finished nicely. 3 is ultimately a disappoinment due to schtick gameplay and thematic confusion (Dead Men Tell No Tales really needs to be rethought). 4 has a similar problem in that it became too 'Saturday Morning cartoon' kitsch rather than 'adult story masquerading in a children's game'. I especially think the prehistoric level can get fucked

Sly's appeal mostly comes from the fact that characters are interesting, and well written. dialogue in these games is usually well done, and the overarching story is quite good.

Sly 5 will only happen when late millennials/early Z kids are in their mid to late twenties in order to cash the nostalgia check. heist planning would be cool.

I repeat.
>He couldn't find the clue bottles in 3.
I know they took a little problem solving skills to find, but they were the best in the series. The one inside the Cooper fireworks stand was the coolest to find, but the one on the top of the Cooper boat was pretty based too.
With how much metal was in each one? No way. I can see the decor changing, but the location was way too giant and full to move over the years.

Pretty sure they specifically say that Slytunkhamen discovered the island and made it the location of the Vault.

as an addendum I think the story structure of GTA 5 would be interesting for a sequel as would returning the story to a semi-mature tone, and executing whoever the director was for 4

it's clear that Sanzaru loves the games a lot, but they should really get some guidance from Sucker Punch if they're ever greenlit for a sequel

also Michael=Sly, Trevor=Murray, Gimp McWheelchair=Bentley except they're aren't friends

thanks for the listen frens. no one understands my Sly autism

Thank you guys for bringing this to my attention. The Silk Road and it allowing Slytunkhamen to find Kaine Island will be a plot point for his short in season 5.

Oh well if that's the case, then it's just crazy impressive for a guy who had some simple river canoes/merchant boats to travel with

Carmelita would have blue sweaty pubes

Attached: 89ff7784438d72abc794fa27f7908fc5.jpg (852x1108, 161K)

Jak is held back by 3 mediocre entries and a decent spinoff coming out after the masterpiece precursor legacy

Don't taint the thread with your headcanons

Rank the Sly 2 Worlds

6 > 4 > 8 > 7 > 1 > 3 > 2 >>> 5

Carmelita would look better without human lips, you can't prove me wrong

1>6>2>4>5>7>3>8
Why do you dislike 5?

I can't rank them, they're all great in their own ways

Jailbreak is a pure kino episode though

It always felt way to similar to 4 for me. The Bentley and Murray missions in the world aren't great either. To me, it feels like the one world that overstays its welcome (which is I partially believe is because of how similar it looks to world 4). I just always want to get to world 6 once I reach it.

it would be simple to change it back to a design most would enjoy.

Attached: sly cooper improvment.png (1918x1011, 2.19M)

That's fair. Personally, I don't think Contessa earned two whole worlds. I like the verticality and gothic design, but she doesn't earn it. Especially with the lackluster phase 2 boss fight, which should have been more like the Arkham Asylum Scarecrow levels. For a psychologist and hypnotist, all she seems to do is make you drunk. How lame is that?

As much as that does look better than what we got, it's also a little too furry for Sly's aesthetic

Sly's character design strikes a good balance between animal and person, this design leans way into the animal part
Maybe squish her snout just a bit and make the teeth human, then it'd fit in

>What does Yea Forums think of the Sly Cooper series?
Great games that were underappreciated.
>Which games is your favorite?
Sly 2 is one of my favorite games of all time
>Sly 5 when?
NEVER EVER. Sony doesn't want games like the Sly series, the Jak & Daxter series, or hell even the Ape Escape series in their modern PlayStation lineup because Sony wants nothing more than more The Last of Us clones forever.
>>written by the guys behind Sonic Boom tv show
>Thought this user was making shit up
>Quick search
>He wasn't
I'm now want to see the Sly tv show more than ever.
Sly 4 was alright and Sly 3 is a better game compare to Sly 4. Shame that the story for Sly 4 had a lot of wasted potential.

Still like to rewatch the intros from time to time. They’re still the best.
youtu.be/cYAcHucf1AA

I see what you mean and I agree

I always thought clockwerk from dp was related to sly cooper clockwerk.

Attached: Clockwork.jpg (480x360, 19K)

>Sony doesn't want games like the Sly series, the Jak & Daxter series, or hell even the Ape Escape series in their modern PlayStation lineup

Attached: 1533553336072.jpg (800x1005, 176K)

Good games, I enjoyed playing them with my younger brothers.

Carmelita almost turned me into a furry

Attached: e20d56473bd24ca2249d3bb75566f1b2.png (1276x1280, 900K)

Good god that cartoon was SHIT. Shit art style for action. Shitty combination of drama and comedy and neither was done well. Very shitty characters like Sam the obvious Mary Sue Cunt who nothing bad happens to her because she's got a vagina. And no the show didn't go to shit since Season 3, it was ALWAYS shit. Damn Hartman fantards who think this show was ever good.

10/10 I honestly enjoyed the first one immensely

Almost, user?

Movie tie in

I don't see how anyone could turn furry for Carmelita Fox. I found her just annoying. There is no sense of fantasy with her since the only thing going on in her peanut sized brain is "Cooper!" Also her design is not even attractive, say what you will but I hate her face especially her human lips with lipstick. It just looks ugly.

I'll take female characters from Crash Bandicoot over Carmelita Fox. They got better personalities and though they also share into the "more human" faces they tend to look alright. And as far as fox girls go, Carmelita Fox is less attractive than a Braixen.

>Sonic Boom writers
FUCKING KINO

Sly thieves in time was nice, but the premise and character interactions are kinda cringy.

Attached: 1538218017686.png (1067x600, 1.3M)

I just like the concept dude, art is meh could be better. Most of the plots just made me cringe though. Especially the hiding the secret power trope going on at the time. Also ghost are cool

2 is probably my favorite, but it's also the one I started with.

Sly 5 would be nice, but I don't see it happening and I really don't want the Sly 4 studio to be the developers.

I can keep going

Attached: 1536026294306.png (1600x900, 2.76M)

I didn't like how Danny literally invented new powers for no good reason every few episodes. And don't even get me started on the bullshit about "They're not ghosts, they're actually denizens from another dimension!" bullshit. The show itself couldn't even stick to its guns.

Look at all these Last of Us clones Sony keeps pushing on us

Attached: 1559656729369.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

literally happened because of Hartman's religious views.

Yet another one coming this year, shitposter-kun
How can Sony keep getting away with this

Attached: 1547250111372.jpg (436x600, 86K)

I was mostly looking forward to some space ghost comming after the asteroid event, but they are never mentioned. I know hartman is christian but seriously nothing about them? I also considered the ghost zone as a alternate dimension that souls with attachments go to. If everyplanet had something like that then it would explain the lack of alien ghost. but again it dosen't go into it.

I've always liked 1 the least of the 4 games. I don't hate it or anything.
I just feel that the series lends itself a lot better to the mission based structure it had after 1 than the more standard platformer kind of structure 1 was.

>EnragedHarmoniousLeafcutterant-size_restricted

Attached: 1558670393389.gif (480x270, 2.5M)

It's from the Japanese ending cutscene.

I dunno, looks fine to me
Obviously not a big budget title or anything but it works for what it is

Attached: 1533934611999.jpg (800x450, 74K)

Why is Sony so bad at managing and using their mascots?

Attached: 1559152014997.gif (500x540, 842K)

What are the actual good boss fights in this series? The only two that really come to mind are Dimitri and General Tsao.

For a good long while, they thought that cartoon mascots were beneath them. Then they realized that Nintendo still wasn't broke, decided they'd try a remaster or two since their other brands weren't doing much, and suddenly made a lot of money because people don't actually care as much about "mature" branding as they once supposed.

What would Carmelita's sweaty pubes smell like?

Give it time

This except Murray.

Attached: D0To6IRWsAEnzaH.jpg (2048x2048, 350K)

I wanna fuck Sly.
Is that weird?

It'd be weirder if you didn't.

Nah, that's completely normal.

I didn't know girls liked Sly.

ye

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNRWTD8oZEo

>weird fur style instead of slick comic book shit
I get the game is furry as fuck, but come on.

It's mostly for the audio. That's the best quality I can find for the sketches they did.