Yea Forums WEAPON THREAD

Hello, in today's vidya weapons thread we will be discussing : ranged weapons.
Be sure to cite articles that contain reliable info and stay on topic.
Last Thread :

Attached: vidya keapons4.jpg (1169x890, 425K)

What do you prefer, bullet drop/straight bullet travel ? I feel getting a good shot with significant drop is much more satisfying

I feel that if the bullet is straighter it's more power in the shot,
the longer it stays straight the better.

Which sniper rifle is your favorite?

Attached: bc-sniper-rifle.jpg (1920x1200, 238K)

bump

>3 threads and he still can't take a hint
lul

The MGS3 sniper called the Dragonov

Depends on the game

I fucking love these threads. Please don't die on me.
Also, for me is Cheytac M200

Attached: 1560979672306.jpg (2894x3654, 1.42M)

God that sniper rifle is so good looking.

its funny watching this shit die desu

Bullet drop should only be in games that allow players to accurately determine where the bullet will land. No matter how much experience you have in a game with bullet drop, if the game gives you no way to accurately determine distance, then bullet drop that doesn't have a linear rate of decrease may as well just be random bullet drop.

Shut up.

Attached: aa.webm (1280x720, 1.71M)

that's a nice gun

Attached: slashy_2.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Attached: slashy_3.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

yeah, and since games are not entirely made up of a small pool of easily recognizable models that are consistent in size and shape every time, its not possible to determine distances based on vertical or horizontal distance of said models

Attached: P7.jpg (960x960, 86K)

When are we getting an actual sniper game?

I mean we have gotten plenty already, user.. What do you mean exactly by your post?

Like something a little on the more realism spectrum while also giving it tension.

So you want a game where you sit in a ghillie suit for 24 hours, pissing yourself and barely movie so as not to give away your position. Asking for clearance to make a shot, getting the clearance denied then you have to crawl to your evac point? All while evading patrols and maybe eating cold rations.

Yes.

Target size has nothing to do with being able to properly show range though. If your weapon takes a scope and the scope offers any functionality in terms of ranging/zeroing/etc, it should be accurate to the measurements of the game. There will always be targets of different sizes and shapes, but there should also always be some standard measurement.