Are you playing the Black Mesa Tech Beta, user?

Are you playing the Black Mesa Tech Beta, user?

Attached: Black Mesa Screenshot 2019.06.25 - 18.14.28.83.png (1920x1080, 3.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/54bpxhCEwDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DNrRdwbGDZg
steamcommunity.com/games/362890/announcements/detail/1613893608676653038
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Waiting for the full release and replaying the game then

Didn't Project Lambda make this irrelevant?

I would honestly find it hard to believe valve could do better.

Considering I've never heard of it, probably not.

I'll try to do a beta test
Most probably it'll be cancelled

When's this thing actually out?

Sometime this year.

>Project Lambda
It's only a remake of the intro you mongoloid.

You are following Project Borealis right user?

youtu.be/54bpxhCEwDQ

>Valve hire this man!

Attached: 1560386388120.jpg (401x253, 26K)

is that supposed to be zen? why are there regular ass trees and flora everywhere

>We are excited to release our tech beta! It’s the first 3 maps of the Xen chapter (which has 6 maps total), continuing Gordon’s adventure from the cliffhanger ending of Lambda Core. With the full Xen campaign clocking in at 19 maps, the beta is only a taste of what’s to come.
I am a brainlet. Is Xen 6 maps long or 19 maps? They seem to contradict themselves

Some form of reimagining. I'm getting a metroid prime vibe personally. It's a good feel.

Probably a contradiction. There's 20 chapters but the beta starts on chapter 15.
What I think they mean is that this beta is of chapter 15 is 6 maps but we're only seeing the first three.

Attached: 20190625163910_1.jpg (1920x1080, 372K)

Meant to post this image, my bad. Kinda feels like Torvus.

Attached: Black Mesa Screenshot 2019.06.25 - 18.30.07.70.png (1920x1080, 2.95M)

Xen the chapter is six maps. All chapters set in Xen (Xen, Gonarchs Lair, Interloper, Nihilanth) is altogether 19 maps.

Didn't this come out like 5 years ago? What the fuck?

Question for Yea Forums: are all voice actors greedy, selfish, and not fans of the games they voice for? I have yet to see a single instance of a AAA voice actor who loves the game series helping out a fan project. Why can't the original Gman voice actor provide some lines for Black Mesa?

The original release of Black Mesa ended right before Xen

>Dude just work for free lmao
>Why aren't you as invested in this job as people obsessed with the games you've worked with are?

I can accept 95% of them being greedy, but where are the 5% that care about the community? Recording lines would only be a few hours work, tops.

>being greedy
>Dude just work for free lmao

Okay, so there are no Samaritans in the acting industry. Got it.

Didn't the VA for Kleiner do some work for a mod or Machinima or something? I remember him recording stuff for some unofficial project.

Is this a new engine? Doesn't looks like source

>original xen felt creepy and desolate
>was more like a depiction of hell than an alien world
>nu-xen just looks like a generic sci-fi no man's sky avatar feng zhu concept art world
>it's also 20 times longer for some fucking insane reason

Attached: 1452526014997.png (522x569, 272K)

See? This is the kind of fan-appreciation I am looking for. If this is true, then that voice actor is a gem

What is this halo? kek

>I have yet to see a single instance of a AAA voice actor who loves the game series helping out a fan project
The guy who did the imperial guards' voice in Oblivion contributed to this video.
youtube.com/watch?v=DNrRdwbGDZg

How do I play the Xen levels?
Do I have to pass the entire game or can I choose which one to play?

The trailer and this beta also only showed the first part of the area and a little bit of the gonarch. I doubt we've even seen 30% of it. There's room for more to see.

just finished it, and its pretty cool imo.
yes he did some lines about the world smallest coffe cup

Thanks user!

The fact that you actually think doing some proper professional-level voice acting is just doing a couple hours and you're completely done is laughable

Is this demo on steam, or can I get it elsewhere?

Attached: karen_questioning2.jpg (1920x1080, 747K)

Gman only has a few paragraphs of voice acting. It isn't like he is voicing a character for New Vegas.

What? It's only on steam and it's not a demo.
Do this if you already own the game.
steamcommunity.com/games/362890/announcements/detail/1613893608676653038

It's a beta test available in Steam.

My bad, I thought it was a demo of xen. I played the original back in like 2011 and thought it was the same. I'll just wait until it's complete before spending money on it.