"I think he's very bad at character, and I think he's extremely conventional, as in non-creative...

"I think he's very bad at character, and I think he's extremely conventional, as in non-creative, when it comes to plotting. I know that I'll probably get an incredible amount of hate karma - can you say hate karma? - about this. So I'll just say that I did grow up reading, I told you I grew up without TV, so I read instead. And I like Cormac McCarthy, and the science-fiction writers; I love Frank Herbert, I love Alfred Bester, right now I really like Greg Egan, so I am extremely picky, and I do have a high standard when it comes to writing.
I think that if you're ripping off Tom Clancy, it's...Tom Clancy is Tom Clancy, he deserves all the money and fame. The guy has worked hard. Writing is hard work. So to shoot out a bunch of these kinds of things, that we've been talking about, and then claim yourself as a writer when...And you know, there's good work being done in games. I think Portal is really well written, very beautifully written, but Kojima's stuff is...Fine, be a game creator, and know what you're not very good at, and learn to work with people who are. Stanley Kubrick, famously, the one thing he could not do was write. He could do everything else, but he didn't know how to write, so he worked with good writers, and worked with them in a very sort of relentless partnership. He knew his limits. I don't think Kojima's a writer. The fact that he would even be considered one shows how low the standards are in the game industry. Nothing in MGS2 is above a fanfic level. He wouldn't last a morning in a network TV writers' room, and those aren't exactly turning out the Dark Tower series or The Wire."
-Agness Kaku (translatior of MGS2)

Attached: 220px-Metalgear2boxart.jpg (220x311, 30K)

"Here's something that might better contextualise my criticism of Kojima's banal imaginings about corridors of power: I've ghosted speeches and other content for the kinds of people he would consider bigwigs, for events like APEC conferences. Politically, I'm a well-informed cynic to the extreme. I also once created and ran a site that attempted to track all the media-reported kidnappings in Iraq."

>hate karma
Stopped there. Kys Leddit.

Karma is not only a Reddit thing, you Kojima cocksucker

>I've ghosted speeches and other content for the kinds of people he would consider bigwigs, for events like APEC conferences

So she's part of the problem, kek

I like Kojima but I still agree with most of this. That being said
>I read BOOKS as a kid!
Who gives a shit. Most people did.
>implying the Dark Tower series is a high standard to shoot for
So much for extremely picky with a high standard for writing

well he's right
mgs has strong characters, setting and atmosphere but the plot is like a b-movie fanfic that was so ridicolous it became a staple of the series

His casting choices are bad too.
Why Kojima-San?

Attached: L6I-ROuM_400x400.jpg (400x400, 39K)

So what SHOULD he have done?

She's a woman, she understand nothing

You missed the point, She doesn’t say Dark Tower is great writing, just that it is better than network TV, which Kojima would struggle with.

Work on your reading comprehension.

Because she's ugly and can't act for shit

she's perfect

The good MGS games were written by someone else, we know this already

>Nothing in MGS2 is above a fanfic level
Fuck this retarded roastie

The duality of Yea Forums.
Stefanie is a treasure. I have no idea how a specimen like her managed to crawl from the degenerate swamp that is the Netherlands.

Attached: 1561414588100m.jpg (1024x1024, 254K)

I don't like MGS2 all that much but in terms of writing it had interesting themes and some deep stuff with simulation/reality that was well thought out. Kojima characters are incredibly goofy and off the wall but I can't tell if it's poorly done or if it's on purpose.

Except Kojima never pretended to be a good writer until around 4 when he started to buy his own hype
Also Blaustein was miles better

Lea Seydoux can't act for shit either. She is hated by every single person in her home country by the way.

Let the translator for MGS1 who edited his dialogue to flow more naturally, taking creative liberties where necessary, remain in charge of translation. The problem with Kojima is that he got infected with George Lucas syndrome after MGS1 and he didn't like that a direct translation of all his writing wasn't being made and that they were getting in the way of communicating his vision. That's why nearly every MGS including the first game still is filled with so many unnatural and stiff exposition heavy dialogue, because Kojima doesn't know how to communicate any of his ideas without sounding like a power point presentation.

>Let the translator for MGS1 who edited his dialogue to flow more naturally, taking creative liberties where necessary, remain in charge of translation.

So, exactly what she did by hiring Kaku, except she only pretended to know Japanese.

Considering that Stefanie seems to be pretty modest, while Seydeux is naked all the time, I think Kojima just wanted to get one that would put out for sure this time.

Attached: 1561258569084.jpg (705x940, 85K)

It's so painfully obvious this chick had a stick up her ass lmao. The series has tons of loveable and iconic characters, memorable scenes and quotes, that by itself is a huge deal when trying to craft a story, let alone for a *video game*.

You can neatly follow all the guidelines and rules of thumb in Good Writing 101, spend all day theory crafting and jerking over high level literature or whatever, that's not going to mean jack shit if you can't pull through. Being resentful over the success of others is just petty.