Monster Collecting Games and Pokémon alternatives masterlist

pastebin.com/raw/3WxQUHSW
Here you go, Yea Forumsros. Download links and shit included.
Alter it and share it as you see fit.

Attached: 1560284543243.gif (359x270, 3.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2018/11/new-dragon-quest-monsters-game-in-development-for-console-starring-erik-and-mia
youtu.be/6fMa0z9akRg
pastebin.com/raw/3WxQUHSW
store.steampowered.com/app/593150/Ooblets/
twitter.com/monsterfarm_kt
wiki.telefang.net/Pokémon_Diamond_and_Jade
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

based
pokemon will never truly die sadly

Add the GBA Medabots games in that too

Based and saved

Looks pretty comprehensive to me
Just missing
and Dragon warrior monsters for gbc

>Cyber Sleuth
Terrible start.

Azure dreams for both gbc/ps1 fall into the genre as well I'm pretty sure

Bumping just because Digimon, Monster Rancher, and Jade Cocoon are all based. I don't have anything to actually say though so ye.

Did level 5 ever comment on if they're going to fix the shit teammate AI in Ni No Kuni Remastered?

Shin Megami Tensei is all everyone needs desu

Also someone redpill me on Jade Cocoon

I would rather them make White Knight Chronicles 3 first. Everyone else hated it, but it's one of those rare games that comes along that feels like it was made specifically for you to suit your personal tastes. At least for me, everyone else has a lower IQ and they can fuck off.

Jade Cocoon is fantastic. You could download and be playing it on an emulator in less than 15 minutes. You have no excuse not to, seriously, you won't regret it.

i just realized SMT V wasnt shown at E3 so people wouldnt compare it to pokemon

it probably wont be shown to the public until S/S releases and stops being talked about

wow

I tried so hard to like WKC. It's just so bland outside of the combat. I did like that the story's outline seemed to generally be Power Rangers, though.

Eat shit.

Terrible taste

Put in Touhou Puppet Dance Performance as well. It was a very good touhou themed pokemon game that had a lot more QoL features and depth than Pokemon.

proooohhhh :DDDDD

Attached: Mammothmon.png (1024x1024, 43K)

>Cyber Sleuth
Terrible start, haha. Please preorder Pokémon Sword and Shield for the Nintendo Switch today!

Attached: 3C282B42-3E80-4859-A5D4-8679CBBCADB0.png (269x395, 243K)

Never even heard of it, just looked at a gameplay vid and it looks kinda shite mate. Does it have varied environments? If it does I wouldn't mind wandering around.
You got it boss, I'm on it.

Don't get your hopes up, but remember to buy a nintendo switch!

Attached: file.png (400x428, 273K)

>i just realized SMT V wasnt shown at E3 so people wouldnt compare it to pokemon
>It's also why they didn't show Yo-kai Watch
>It's also why We're getting the Digimon ports next year
OH NONONO THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF GAMEFREAK

Attached: 37284832838492.png (505x357, 272K)

>there's a ps3 emulator
sweet, is it any gud?

>>It's also why We're getting the Digimon ports next year
>tfw SMTV will get delayed so they give SS more of a chance to succeed

Attached: 1557776231670.png (1200x566, 966K)

>Being this upset about a missing national dex
Cringe

Don't reply to it
Don't reply to it
Don't reply to it

Okay, I won't, don't worry

Don't reply to Masudashills, people

Attached: 3524624.png (258x286, 128K)

We are actually talking about video games, a lot of them too, a lot of good ones, both new and old. What the fuck is even wrong with you?

Oh yeah I just realized what you're talking about.

Attached: 1561343373875.png (333x337, 168K)

TICK TOCK MASUDA

gematsu.com/2018/11/new-dragon-quest-monsters-game-in-development-for-console-starring-erik-and-mia

Attached: 6F678C43-C7C8-4552-8C8E-753052BD2962.jpg (1000x1000, 206K)

I'm upset because they excuses suck and are completely untrue.

Last I saw, there were major issues in graphics and sound that cannot be fixed. It seems to be on the right track, but you probably couldn't enjoyably complete a game.

>There's a Ni no Kuni game for the DS
Is it any good?

Forgot World Of Final Fantasy

Devil Summoner on ps2 was really fun.

Is WoFF good?

It doesn't get a pass just because modern Pokemon is garbage. DW3 and DWDS/DuDa were better JRPGs.

Feels like more of a final fantasy than anything between 10 and 15. It's actually challenging with battle set to "active".

They're not bad games just because you dislike them you faggot.

Attached: 2346246.jpg (640x480, 45K)

It really feels less like Final Fantasy than 11, 12 and 14. It's more like what someone who casually glances at FF might think it's like.

Are you saying they were afraid getting drowned out before anyone publicly knew the state of the game, or that Nintendo "asked" them to get out of the way knowing a shitstorm was coming and any comparisons would make things worse?

Cyber Sleuth is a bad game because it's garbage, not because I dislike it. The progression, writing, battles, pace, world design, etc are all low effort garbage.

World 3, for all its faults, is a middling but charming little JRPG and the DS entries are serviceable if basic. Don't meme people into playing Cybershit.

Somebody make more angry masuda edits please

I'm glad Pokémon's finally done something shitty enough that even normalfags and drones are pissed off.

underrated classic

Attached: Lost Magic.png (500x450, 403K)

Underrated title here

Attached: ds_monster_racers-110214.jpg (640x590, 263K)

Are you saying that nintendo was surprised by the fan reaction that half the pokemon are getting cut?

i always wanted to try it

I'd say add into the 3DS that Devil Survivor 1 and 2 both have updated versions (Overclocked and Record Breaker)
There were also some pretty decent Shaman King monster games on GBA as well. Shaman King: Legacy of the Spirits, Soaring Hawk and Sprinting Wolf

>Those PSP Digimon Games finally got translated
Nice

Attached: 1560193322935.jpg (570x864, 168K)

Loved this game but never got to finish the true ending cause I was too bad at it, did finish the one where you join the lady though.

>Temtem

I had never heard of this before this moment and am blown away that Game Freak looks so cheap next to it. This is not an endorsement.

I still can't believe normalfags didnt care about the removal of wild battles

>fans of the series make their own game
>it turns out better than the original
what a surprise.

sadly, nintendo and game freak would never pull a sega and ask fangame creators to help with a new title.

wild battles arent a real staple
just a limitation of game boy hardware.

>11+14
>12
So mind numbingly east I had to drop it. Plus, non conventional final fantasy gameplay. (which I don't mind)

You literally picked the worst examples you could for your argument. The titles actually contradict what you were saying.

How the fuck are wild battles a limitation of hardware?

A lot of people didn't care much about what LGPE did because Game Freak promised there'd be a proper installment later.
Now we're seeing that supposed proper installment and it looks like complete shit, which is part of why there's such an uproar.

>east
easy

A lot of Pokemon fans don't play other games, so Pokemon is the only JRPG they know, hence even if Pokemon is a fucking garbage franchise from a gameplay perspective, they have no other frame of reference, so they think it's fine.

A lot of people on /vp/ are trying out new franchises and realized all the flaws in the Pokemon games, me included.

i misread.
thought you meant random encounters

Any for mobile?

emulate the ones on the list.
there are too many shit cashgrab pokemon clones on mobile to count.

Aight thanks bruv

I'm honestly surprised you took it as surface level as possible. You're exactly WoFF's target audience.

While there's clear differences, the progression, encounter design, writing and tone are more akin to FF 1-10 than WoFF is. WoFF is a far more generic JRPG with a different style entirely that uses FF iconography as a crutch. It's not a bad game, but it's less Final Fantasy in design than those games are.

Make sure you add Medarot G and Navi. Medabots AX removed most of the story mode and replaced all the medabots and characters with the ones from the anime.

You sound like you have never played anything before 10.

medarot ax / g arent really monster collecting games desu
id consider them platformer/action games with customization.

medabots rpg is the english version of medarot navi.

10's one of the ones I hate the most, my friend, and it's also the one WoFF is most similar to if we're comparing it to the pre-merger FFs.
Again, you're going real fucking surface level if you're going to try and say that WoFF is more like an old school FF in terms of design and writing style than 14.

Do Chinese reskins count?
youtu.be/6fMa0z9akRg

Nintendo is historically uninterested in caring what fans think until their backa are completely pressed up against the wall.

>it's also the one WoFF is most similar to

Ok, now I know you haven't actually played both 10 and world, or even any final fantasy. I guess people aren't kidding when they se "v doesn't actually play games".

Just a heads up: TemTem is uninspired garbage. If you're reeeeally craving more Pokemon content, there's a plethora of romhacks worth playing instead.

>Gaia: A rather safe romhack with a plot that focuses on the OMP OMP OMP brothers
>Vega/Vega Minus: A hard-as-piss romhack with lots of fakemon
>Clover: A fakemon hack full of s4s memes and autism
>Crystal Clear: Open World Johto hack
>Prism: An ambitious Crystal hack with pokemon from various gens. Has a couple of new types and some OC legendaries
There's an RPG Maker engine called Pokemon Essentials that's used to make fangames, but most of them are unfinished and run like shit on Win10.
>Uranium: Fakemon fangame that focuses on a Nuclear type. Has a lot of really ugly & uninspired monster designs unfortunately.
>Insurgence: Fangame with a really divisive reception. Instead of fakemon there are "Delta Forms" which are extremely redesigned versions of official mons. Plot focuses on the player being caught in the middle of a 3/4-way holy war. There's a "Dark" and "Light" version and the Dark version is melodramatic "unga bunga religion is bad" drivel. Play with randomizer on unless you want to go the entire game without seeing like 70% of the Delta Pokemon.
Check /vp/'s romhack general, /rheg/ for more hacks.

Attached: 486_1.png (264x240, 6K)

I just want a HGSS that
>rebalances the levels
>adds unlimited TM's
>fairy type
>johto pokemon in johto
>trade evolves can evolve

Wrath of the White Witch is a remake of the DS game
I never hear anyone talk about it and it only released in Japan so presumably the remake made it irrelevant

>waah waah the new Pokemon sucks because it doesn't have all 1000 Pokemons
*buys a different game without any of the 1000 Pokemons*

The standards for smaller IPs is different from the literal highest grossing franchise in human history.

>It doesn't get a pass just because modern Pokemon is garbage.
it "gets a pass" because it's good.
>DW3 and DWDS/DuDa were better JRPGs.
dw3 is backtracking: the game. dwds/duda were disgaea-tier grindfests.

>Hasn't seen the "battle animations".

Cyber Sleuth is a bad game because it's garbage, not because I dislike it. The progression, writing, battles, pace, world design, etc are all low effort garbage, unlike Pokémon Sword and Shield, which was very hard to make, haha. But in the end, I had to choose the quality. If you're sad, pick Sobble.

Attached: 2816A097-2EED-4236-8E50-38DAD2FB6253.jpg (400x428, 42K)

Goddamn I hope we get this

Hey! This game was my childhood

Attached: 220px-Bomberman_Tournament_cover_art.jpg (220x220, 22K)

>pastebin.com/raw/3WxQUHSW
>no Robopon 2
into the trash it goes

Are you Regibros happy you won't get to be in Bore and Shill?

Attached: 15603712.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

>DQXI image
I don’t care about monster collecting games outside of SMT and Persona but OP is pretty based.

>Robopon 2

Attached: man_of_culture.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

>cut half the Pokémon (aka the entire reason anyone plays this fucking game)
>tell us it's to make the game higher quality
>literal N64 trees
>downgraded animations (if they're even there in the first place)
>completely removed mechanics
>series has been on a downward trend since XY
Give me one reason why I SHOULDN'T be pissed off

I only play DQM games, the infinite grind seethes my soul
Digimon games are too broken to be fun but have nice atmosphere
SMT I dont really consider a monster game since you are constantly fusing there is no time to grow attached to them so they feel very much like weapons and nothing else, which fits the setting perfectly I just dont enjoy it as much, also very shallow monster building outside "put all the OP skills on them"
I need to try Monster rancher some day

Pokemon I have been getting real sick of it for years now, its so incredibly stiff and copypasted I dont even care about the national dex I dread to play yet another pokemon game with the same boring dialogue, locations and story, the world feels dead in pokemon

>The Pokémon franchise is literally all that matters
Go away, Masuda

Not him but he is mostly right
Outside the Digimon looking nice and the aesthetics the CS games are very very lacking

Is there a monster collecting game set in Africa or the US centered around Mandingo fighting?

lol

Thank christ, I thought DQM was dead forever after someone said that DQMJ3 was the final in the Joker series.

they had fun characters and interesting stories. they were only held back by the vita's limitations.

I mean he was right Joker 3 ended the Joker sub series
But of course DQM would continue, Im hoping they finally show it this TGS

It took the Skyward Sword backlash for Nintendo to take a second look at Zelda, and that game was beloved on release, sold reasonably well, and was fondly regarded for at least a year before the honeymoon ended. Is the current backlash enough to actually cause any change at GameFreak?

Joker 3 was kino so I have high hopes for the next monsters game.

Wait for the sales numbers

>no yu-gi-oh on the list

No. Pokemon is a machine. The next game will come out on a strict schedule no matter what because the anime needs a new season and the merch line is already in production. They will never learn because even if they wanted to they simply don't have the time. Of course they could hire more people to help work on the games, but that would cost money and even though the brand has all the money in the world why spend more when everyone eats up your shit regardless.

No.

>really like pokemon gen 1 art style
>disc creatures' monster design is fucking terrible
kill me

Attached: 1560842915498.gif (300x168, 1.48M)

I didn't know the Digimon Adventure game was translated, is it actually any good?

Yes, people will tell you no out of pure pessimism, and as much as I fucking despise Masuda he does listen, and it's because he listens that we went to more linear regions after kids got lost in Sinnoh, or why they brought back customization, why they stopped doing crossevos after gen 4's backlash, why they removed HMs, and so on.

p-prease understand user-kun

>more linear regions after kids got lost in Sinnoh
I don't remember Sinnoh at all but the first three gens were already pretty linear

Attached: 1532791898618.png (422x562, 320K)

...So will you buy it?

Attached: 1561169379711.png (220x330, 88K)

Its more VN than game
Extremely linear, it follows the anime
Zero difficulty, boring battles
It is bad

When is the next Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker game. I played 2 and fucking loved it.

Like 3 years ago

They weren't bad games though. Plus it's some of the few games that includes my favorite Digimon

Attached: Cannonbeemon.png (750x650, 293K)

3 is fan translated. last I checked 3 pro is not which brought in a shitload more monsters. A new DQM staring Erik and his sister from XI are in development

Can you lie to us and tell us something positivie about it or at least re:digitize?

Attached: 1534477226222.png (586x476, 236K)

For me they were borderline bad, just barely ok, can be enjoyed.
That English google translation doesnt help either Jesus

Redigitize decode for 3DS is the best world game yet IMO
Its tiers above the original release and next order

Why is the 3DS version better than the PSP version

>That English google translation doesnt help either Jesus
I do agree there

Because it has almost triple the content

>wild battles
So there are no wild battles in LGPE at all? How did they compensate for the lack of exp? Can you infinitely re-battle every trainer or something?

>No Devil summoner, the Raidous or the Personas
?

They replaced them with Pokemon Go
>You throw a pokeball at a pokemon
>Catching Pokemon gives exp now
>Also exp is shared between all pokemon like EXP all
>You also can't re-battle any trainers

Play 3 it's amazing.

Not the best games ever but Demi Kids Light and Dark on GBA will scratch that collector itch. If you liked the fusion mechanics in Digimon Cyber Sleuth you should check em out.

Based and fossilpilled

Attached: megalo.png (547x500, 117K)

>DUDE WE KNOW LGPE LOOKS LIKE SHIT, BUT IT'S INTENTIONAL BECAUSE WE'RE FOCUSING ALL OUR POWER ON GEN 8
Did you fall for it, Yea Forums?

That sounds retarded, thanks for clarifying.

I did, but I didn't buy LGBT and don't plan on buying /ss/ so it makes no difference to me.

I want chubby dragons. What monster collection game has this?

Attached: charizard dp.webm (1067x500, 1.05M)

DQM has jargons

For clarification, Fossil Fighters is based because:
>dig up fossils that you revive into fucking superpowered dinosaurs
>Beat up other teams of 3 dinosaurs
>damage differs depending on team position, weaknesses/strengths, as well as support effects casted by teammates in the back
>deeper strategy than pokemon
>slightly more difficult than a normal pogeyman game
you DO like dinosaurs, right user? Its sequel, Champions, adds even more shit and cool mechanics, like miraculous fossils that basically evolve certain dinos.

Attached: fossilfucks.png (320x288, 204K)

What could be considered the first monster collecting game. DQV?

Literally all of them

Attached: d1e89588e0073a9a518ac4f4ec290fff.jpg (473x340, 32K)

Game boy had a lot of pokemon clones, like Metal Walker for example. GBA had medabots and probably a lot more. Fossil Fighters had 3ds releases too. tldr: list needs a lot more work.

Wizardry 4?

yeah.

Attached: 1552864616055.png (427x458, 73K)

based masaru shows up to take the spotlight from tai in his own game.

Attached: masaru.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

meant for

>and as much as I fucking despise Masuda he does listen
masuda only listens to people who beg him to be less ambitious and put less effort into the games, which is why all they do anymore is pander to genwunners.

Pokemon will never be real but little fighting robots will.

>open pastebin
>ctrl+f "Touhou"
>0 results
Both Cringe and Bluepilled

Attached: gn_enbu_ss013.png (960x720, 29K)

I will now play this game

Its just a small scenario at the end that lasts 5 minutes

yikes.
imagine not being able to search

I can never look at him without remembering the MMO

Attached: 74368347.png (500x500, 121K)

Where the FUCK is Spectrobes

Ooblets is also an upcoming one.
store.steampowered.com/app/593150/Ooblets/

It's in the list

Attached: 1553956824218.png (444x342, 223K)

I almost did. But as soon as I saw the first trailer that's when it was over for me

looks like absolute shit though. The art style is horrific and monster design is possibly the most important aspect of a monster collecting game.

Oh he did the pose

Attached: 006.png (475x475, 141K)

>ctrl f
>no robopon
what a dumb nigger list. zoomers at their best.

Attached: 0475.jpg (500x491, 59K)

whenever i emulated robopon my inventory was glitched
dont know if its a rom issue or what

>150 post in
>still no Yokai poster
hummm...

>Nov 6, 2018
>probably will never see a ENG release. Ever.
Yeah. Tik tok...

Attached: 1560975939741.png (426x410, 144K)

are the DQM's on the ds any good? only ever played the gameboy games, but i played the fuck out of them

I've only played 1 and 3. 3 was really good, I'm not sure I could go back to janky 3d DS graphics but I remember 1 being good.

the idea of mixing pokemon and harvest moon gameplay is genius, too bad it has the same cringe look to it as temtem.

based

>last I checked 3 pro is not which brought in a shitload more monsters.
anonangrynoises.jpg

Attached: images.jpg (384x384, 32K)

So, where do i start?
Also, do we have any good indie/fangame?

Siralim 3 is actually really good and has some top tier boss fights

God I fucking miss Spectrobes

So to add we've got:

medabots gba
dragon warrior monsters
Azure dreams
touhou puppet dance performance
world of final fantasy
lost magic ds
monster racers
a list from /rheg/
Robocop 2
devil summoner, raidous games, persona games
demi kids light and dark
fossil fighters (if it's not there)
ooblets
robopon

I wouldn't consider metal walker a pokemon clone.
Since you never really change your little ball other than via story related upgrades

Anything else I'm missing?

This is the first time in my life as a pokefag that I'm rooting for Digimon and Yokai

So are you going to keep going "UHHHHHHHHH WOW YIIIIIKES NOOOOO?" like a retard or are you going to actually make an argument?

WoFF is structurally far closer to FFX than it is to FF7 or FF5.

>fun characters and interesting stories
That shit's barely even writing. I know standards on Yea Forums are low, but fuck.

>Robocop 2

Attached: 1547634030254.gif (229x302, 975K)

Blame autocorrect

One day this curse has to be broken

Attached: triforceofcursedgenres.jpg (504x437, 52K)

Gen 1 is so fucking busted it's a miracle the game even turns on

wait for the new digimon story game.

So, is Ni No Kuni 2 not a monster collecting game like the first?

Holy fuck this
Gen 1 is borderline unplayable with how much shit is broken

is monster rancher playable without being able to do the disc inserting gimmick on emu?
also whats wrong with the later entries

>Replaying Gen1 30 years later
Why?

Nope, they totally abandoned it. Mediocre game btw.

For the bugs.

also may I remind you Koei Tecmo are teasing something for Monster Rancher

twitter.com/monsterfarm_kt

Attached: MonsterRancher2_20thAnn.jpg (1280x720, 280K)

probably a mobile game lmao

the only thing monster taming is "cursed" with is horrible fans who refuse to try anything other than the laziest series in the genre.

But pokemon good...

Actually, the tease before the account opened was that it is NOT a mobile game.

2019the year of returns, it'll either be a Commander Keen scenario or a Sakura Wars scenario

hoping for the later

Super Mario Bros is still a good game.
Even FF1 with all its jank is still fun.
If a game can't survive 30 years, then it's probably not as good as it was said to be.

>Super Mario Bros is still a good game.
It's worse than any of the games that came afterward.

Worse =/= bad

GO redpill /vp/

i mean pinsir is cool and all but i'm not sure if it is worth it

Worth noting Ni no Kuni has a remaster in September.

Shame no pvp.Makes the collecting pointless desu

Seems cursed enough to me when that is the largest fanbase around.

Switch isn't region locked

What about Chromamon?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 9.02.19 PM.png (334x363, 100K)

Add Azure Dreams

I just wanna say thanks for the pastebin and the link to the translated Digimon Adventure iso, been playing it for the last hour or so and its good nostalgic shit.

Of all of those, which have emmergent mechanics or something interesting like fighting alongside my monster

Or even something bizzarre like strange journey's monster friending system. I just dont want some faggot pokemon shit where i press a button and my monster man does a flip on the guy and deals 5 damage and i do that forever

I'm working on a monster girl that plays like Shin Megami Tensei and has h-scenes.
Any cool ideas of things I should add?

Mommies

In some SMT games, unique negotiation events will happen if you have a certain demon in your party. Do something like that

traps + cute and funny characters

Replace Joker 2 with Pro.

I need Monsters Joker back in my life.

>Jade cocoon
my nigga

sweet thanks bro!

Put Zoids Legacy in there

Attached: 57051_front.jpg (640x636, 87K)

Man, I'd love to make my own Pokemon romhack one day

Based

>no Telefang

why do faggots defend pokemon and shit on other monster games so much?

Attached: shilltards.jpg (720x1092, 199K)

Sell me on it
What's it on

Because nostalgia and name recognition

Ask Twitter

All the dislikes on basic bitch youtube vids politely criticizing the games. Pokemon fans are the dumbest sissyfags in the hobby. They love to eat shit, they don't have low standards, they prefer shit, which is why they not only defend but praise games after gen 4. BW2 babies need not reply. Crazy that game is the new babies first.

seems strange to not include the Persona games in there when you've got other SMT games, but whatever, it's your list.

Wrong. autists base their whole identity on pokemon. It's not just nostalgia or brand fanboys, pokemon is famous for people a series people drop once they grow up, the people that haven't dropped it are clearly mentally ill.

I know we got Medabots on there, so would Custom Robo also count? Also add Gotcha Force

Attached: 61JD7MRB8ZL._AC_SX430_.jpg (374x500, 51K)

Which of these have the best beetle designs?

How is that not brand fanboyism or nostalgia?

Metabots

Medabots, easy.

Attached: 1516048424481.jpg (1000x999, 417K)

I still replay Digimon world, world 3 and Card battle yearly. I just wish there was a remake of card battle with online mode included or something

>How is that not brand fanboyism or nostalgia?
For the reasons I explained in the comment brainlet.

which medabots game is the best for an EOP? i vaguely remember playing some medabots game on GBC or GBA or something forever ago.

Medabots GBA and Medarot R which got a translation patch recently.
That's it really.

Attached: DvpBpm2VYAAk1kT.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

What?

>Wrong. autists base their whole identity on pokemon.
Saying I'm wrong, and states a fact that doesn't disprove it being nostalgia or fanboyism
> It's not just nostalgia or brand fanboys, pokemon is famous for people a series people drop once they grow up
Saying I'm wrong again, and made another claim that has nothing
>, the people that haven't dropped it are clearly mentally ill.
And finally an insult against them

Im no pokemon fan, but you didn't really give a reason

There's:
Medabots rpg for gba which is good
And medabots R that got a translation last month
Nothing else has been translated.

Medabots Infinity for the GameCube is one of the worst games, and sadly the last one that got an official localization

Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner
This game always goes under the radar

Attached: MKJSBox.jpg (241x414, 29K)

If you don't coat your criticism in an agressively polite fashion, it will 100% never reach the people you addressed it to

Wtf the evil ending was so much harder then the good one

You left out WoW

Not to disregard the entire list, but who here really considers SMT a monster collecting game? They're more like party members than anything else, hell, you buy them in most cases. Haven't tried yokai watch yet though, maybe that's more similar to pokemon

Pokemon are party members too.

Finally. Hate fatlusfags going in and praising that shit. Digimon Story games are boring but the only thing this one has are graphics.

The PS1 Digimon games are much better.

>do all the above for the sake of quality of the pokemon models
>do this shit
Is it just laziness? You could write a script to port them all over on the fly

Attached: SnS_graphics.png (1000x3000, 2.53M)

It's literally just an added cameo of all the heroes up to Xros Wars

okay but how many are actually good alternatives?
and fuck no to digimon shit. worst designs i have ever laid my eyes upon
not trying to just shit this thread up with negativity, im just genuinely wondering because i know most of these are garbage filled with some of the most retarded designs that we're putting here to just pad out a list.
i know dq monsters is fantastic and robopon is pretty good

What game?

I mean user, if you don't get the intent of this thread from the beginning and not having fun about it, you're not gonna get the most out of it.

The medabots series is pretty good
suffer with me, be an English medabots fan

>not trying to just shit this thread up with negativity, im just genuinely wondering because i know most of these are garbage
You sound like a redditor with this backhanded shit desu

Shut up and just play some.

Well yeah, but in devil summoner you don't really bond with them at all, they're just tools to kill other demons for you. Hell, you craft a bunch of them into an entirely new being on a few occasions

see

You don't bond with pokemon either
It's a meme thrown in via the anime

Happiness had been a mechanic since Gen 2

artificial bonding

My bro fell for this 17 years ago.
wiki.telefang.net/Pokémon_Diamond_and_Jade

Happiness just means how often you use the pokemon
It's not real bonding.
The only real way to lose happiness is to buy healing items that are more expensive than normal potions that no one uses

>and the Dark version is melodramatic "unga bunga religion is bad" drivel
???
Deluded extremist cults lead by power-hungry self-serving manipulators are bad. It's not a statement on all religion, you sensitive nonce.

Jesus fucking christ user all I'm trying to say is that SMT isn't the same as pokemon. That's literally the gist of it. I get that you're butthurt over gamefreak being incompetent but saying SMT is the same thing as a cope isn't going to help anything.

Monster Hunter Stories?
Dragon Ball Fusions?

Telefang is massively underrated

Projecting.
Smt and pokemon are different, but bonding isn't one of the reasons

>Masaru
How good is Data Squad? I've always liked the designs from that series but haven't watched Digimon since I was a kid. What can I expect? I might torrent it.

Then it was just a bad example. My main point still stands. And anyone who actually played both, should see that.

>tfw no Joker 2 and 3 proffesional translation.

Attached: 1544000583579.jpg (770x998, 208K)

Can't you just take the script of the normal versions and hack it into pro?

Lul, differentiating between romhacks and Pokemon essentials. I had to yell at a viewer that did that on my stream once.

No Azure Dreams? Sure it's a roguelike, but it's definitely a great monster collecting game.