Its like 5 bucks on steam is it worth it

its like 5 bucks on steam is it worth it

Attached: xcom enemy within.jpg (970x546, 187K)

Nigga just get the second one instead.

this. do a single playthrough and then download long war 2

I think I'm the minority in thinking that Chosen > LW2.

Chosen adds so much cool shit to the game and LW2 just adds so much unnecessary stuff and RNG.

Chosen is just super solid all around.

I would say so. XCOM:EW: The Long War is the best experience any of the NuCOMS have to offer.

Yes, its a fun fucking game.

id recommend the sequel instead but there both good

Not a minority. Chosen are just too fun.

awww i really like a lot of that "unnecessary" stuff.
infiltration is such an incredible mechanic, and being incentivized to push your strike forces to the absolute limit was so fun. sending a two man assassination team or single shinobi for vip evac was great. that and infinite reinforcements was a great mechanic that really drove the pacing for lots of missions.

Why the FUCK is Xcom 2 + expac STILL $40

vainilla enemy within is really bad
EXALT is just grindy and fell like a debuffer more that a actual thread
fuking they HQ is quite fun as a final mission
i did't bother with the new mecha unit because being unenable of using cover sounded like putting a "crit me pls" sign in your soldier
also i remenber something about a new resourse but i can't remenber what it did

Attached: 1556273289784.jpg (1085x921, 101K)

CLOSE RANGE?!

Not op, but I've been avoiding the series because I don't wanna skip all the other games in case I'll miss some story related stuff.

Yes. Go for it. You won't regret it (expect a lot of trial and error, though)

Once you've finished it and you want more, you can try the Long War mod that expands upon the base game a hundred fold.

There's also XCOM 2. Avoid playing vanilla. Instead, you can opt for;

War of the Chosen: An expansion that redefines the base XCOM 2 (like Enemy Within does with Enemy Unknown)

Long War 2: XCOM 2 but it's Long War. Content from WotC won't be here, but it will have a longer playtime and more (if not equal) depth of gameplay.

Being said, XCOM is a great series user, if a bit underrated. If you like strategy games, you'll love XCOM or love to hate it.

Nu-XCOM has its own self-contained story separate from the originals. You won't miss anything if you start. Play Enemy Within rather than Enemy Unknown as it has more content

Genuinely terrible advice. 2 is good, but long war blows everything in 2 out of the water, including long war 2. Get them both, definitely worth 5 dollars for this one.

LW1>WotC>LW2>EU/EW>XCOM2

>i did't bother with the new mecha unit
They ARE the cover! No seriously try the mech warriors

Might as well ask here.

Xcom2 War of the chosen is currently on sale. If I want to mod the game with skins and cosmetics what other dlc do I need to not get locked out of stuff?

Attached: 1427749205938.gif (409x230, 2.98M)

So you guys would say xcom 1 and 2 are worth getting?

Yes
Don't listen to this guy. XCOM 2 sucks.

how good is long war does it add a lot?

get all the dlc annon
"and ur gunan need like 20gig of mods lmao"

It adds new soldier classes, new research tree, new items and also makes the gamie tedious as hell

I was sick and tired of it by the 5th landed barge with 50 ayy lmaos on it.
Get xcom 2 instead and customize it with whatever mods you fancy. It has much more longetivity mostly due to random map generation

Attached: spurdo confido.png (853x543, 34K)