youtube.com/watch?v=Wl-vRJuXK0A
youtu.be/eGDqRH9VlwE
youtu.be/icujIinBG94
pastebin.com/Z4BRAnG6
polarmanne.xyz/royalemods/
mediafire.com/file/9ta04ps6q8mez5p/Mario Royale-windows.zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FUCK STARNIGGERS, YOU RUINED THE GAME

Attached: 1557985574986.jpg (495x362, 17K)

Thank god, I can finally stop

Nintendo can do no wrong

thank god. you faggots should've migrated to /vg/

Thank fuck

All good things must come to an end. At least it ends with some happiness unlike what happened to SCP:SL

It's been fun playing with you bros

Attached: 1561340684595.jpg (720x487, 22K)

And nothing of value was lost.

>take thing you do not own
>demand payment for thing you do not own
>actual makers don't like you illegally making money
>FUCK ORIGINAL MAKERS

Finally. Took Nintendo way too long.

Attached: sataniafat.jpg (703x1000, 134K)

Wasnt the entire game free?

>demand payment for thing you do not own
Are you mentally ill

So, since it was prob. not the DMCA shit anymore, why do you think it's being shut down? Some mega autist driving Inferno into deleting everything? SMM2 coming out friday and ending the thing since no more point to it? The usual "BORED NOW DED GAME DELET NOW" autism? Or something else?

Well Yea Forumsbros, it's over. What are your plans for the future? Are any of you planning to salvage the engine for your own nefarious purposes?

Yeah but that memer linked his patreon to the game itself.

If you don't defend your IP then you're just inviting others to do the same shit.

Don't get mad at Nintendo, get mad at the retard who blatantly copied Mario.

Oh.

Well thats a good way to ruin a fun thing for everyone.

Dumb sataniaposter

it's a little image in the corner, that's not exactly a demand.
This, he should have spend longer on the game, the battle royale platformer gameplay has so much potential and it's ruined in a browser game

rip in piss

It was supposedly just asking donations to keep the servers running but who knows

Dumb IP stealing nerd btfo

Attached: 1554632827265.png (1820x3193, 2.35M)

Updated sprite sheets

All-Stars Luigi
files.catbox.moe/bfcn7j.png

Sigmario
files.catbox.moe/4vwyrf.png

why are nintendofags such bootlickers?

Thing is, if you're using someone else's property you can't make ANY profit on it. That's one of the major reasons why fangames get taken down by Nintendo, either the host site has ads on it or the creator had a patreon.

>Be Infernoplus
>Make youtube videos
>Keep getting takedown notices on your videos where you use Sword Art Online music
>Whine that fair use is killing you
>Then proceed to make a Mario game and try to make patreon money from it
What was he honestly expecting? How dumb can you be?

Attached: 1518991617357.jpg (683x678, 65K)

Shoo shoo

Attached: 1550898012546.png (1457x1080, 729K)

Dude its all over....

Look at his bowl cut, he's obviously a fucking moron

Attached: bootlicker.jpg (960x840, 58K)

I am also curious for why it gets taken down. People blame it on nintendo but now with all the assests and names swapped what legal basis would they have? The only thing remaining are the levels but even they can be modified/replaced.

Two seconds after I win I got a Connection Interrupted. The fucking last person to win a game I think.

So who's pixel? He already got dmca from tendies and who's want a piece now?

FUCK. I just threw it back on and didn't even get a chance to see the new features. fuck was G U N? my final score was 210 wins/421 kills
I was just about to start a game when it died.

Press F to pay respects.

Attached: rip.png (1081x346, 25K)

Sonic Royale when? Sega wouldn't pull this shit

>unlike what happened to SCP:SL
What happened to it?

Libtard

Attached: fu.jpg (750x750, 40K)

post final stats
add 1 to that win counter

Attached: unknown2.png (1440x900, 95K)

Man, who could've seen this coming?

Attached: retroarch_screenshot_2018.01.21_-_21.44.51.92_0.png (742x442, 296K)

I've only ever gotten to second place...

>people thinking this wouldn’t happen
Just be glad you were here to experience it.

Attached: image.jpg (1024x1365, 513K)

He was based and royale-pilled.

F

>Blatant avatarfagging
Thanks

Attached: 1560840918321.jpg (608x1047, 380K)

Satania is my wife.

Attached: 1534873664745.jpg (1920x1080, 1.5M)

I had that floppy for the Amiga computer. Music was like nails on a chalkboard and the physics were so fucking stiff.

It was an honor serving with you, boys.

Attached: file.png (350x197, 88K)

>Never finished my tileset
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1560984808397.jpg (836x943, 705K)

Didnt get to see my final stats but it was around 230ish wins. Rip Mario Royale it was the most fun I had in a while.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI
Eternal reminder.

All the effort we put on those sprite sheets were for nothing?

Attached: unnamed.gif (268x262, 207K)

dad is a bitch. I've slammed doors that made bigger holes than that.

>"the game is too similar in level design and general mechanics!"
Meanwhile, this is ok:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giana_Sisters:_Twisted_Dreams
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giana_Sisters_DS

It all returns to nothing.

Attached: 11543634653.png (1631x482, 48K)

Bros, report one last time.

No matter what happen, always remember
FUCK Starniggers.

Attached: Adachi.png (554x838, 209K)

>People blame it on nintendo but now with all the assests and names swapped what legal basis would they have?
They wouldn't but no one would be interested in it because it's not mario anymore.

The lawyers are probably bullshitting

Says the little pussy bitch who slams doors when he's mad.

the moment the retard started asking for "donations" is when Nintendo stepped in

Get your asses ready for battle royale mode in mario maker 2 exclusively on the nintendo switch™.
Schizoid Man signing out.
Shoutout to all the cunny bros

Attached: jewish nagatoro.jpg (435x579, 68K)

Have you even played them?

Based.

Attached: 1560706087984m.jpg (646x1024, 61K)

>Running and jumping infringes on Mario copyright
If this is the case, then what the fuck?

Dumbass shouldn't have made a patreon

F U Greg here. Fuck Nintendo and FUCK Greg.

Bionicles 4evah, a belief I will always stand by

Attached: 1548992258992.gif (500x473, 3.77M)

Who is Greg???????

If this guy was smart he would just hire some guy to make a couple tile sets for him and make the same game with his own characters. He probably isn't smart enough to do that though.

They aren't even Mario clones anymore. I mean look at this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=E8VenjFJPR4
youtube.com/watch?v=Wl-vRJuXK0A

OC man here, glad to have contributed. It was a wild ride.

Attached: theplatformmen.png (960x960, 140K)

I watched footage of the DS one, it's still way similar to mario

rip lad, I was just playing with you a few minutes ago

Attached: 1st again.jpg (779x953, 66K)

did someone say "bullying Satania"?

Attached: 1557780984910.gif (500x282, 539K)

>it's still way similar to mario
In the same way something like Rayman is in that they only share the genre otherwise there's no similarities.

I don't have a computer so I missed out on this
can someone describe it to me

>game died before cuck shit like gender options was implemented
Hey, there's a silver lining for every cloud.

It's Mario but with 100 players.

He did but it was an obvious (and ugly) edit of the original tileset

Reddit Chad here, it was great to play with you all. Even if it wasn't for that long.

Attached: 1484798077299.png (256x225, 90K)

>eating an ice cream cone with a spoon

Looking at it's more Sonic or Jazz than Mario

I don't understand
could you attack each other? what was the point?

Sex With Frisk here, was good lads

Cog here, I really liked getting the star and killing people with it, winning was ok too I guess. I'll really miss this game, F.

Attached: 1545980807476.jpg (337x283, 94K)

But that's not true? Look at 56:50 youtube.com/watch?v=Wl-vRJuXK0A
That's still an obvious mario rip off

Thank you disney, very cool.
I'm glad laws made up because of the fucking printing press are being applied to the digital age.

Attached: 1528050850325.jpg (296x334, 7K)

you just play through a world from super mario bros. 4 levels, of initially 3 different sets picked randomly, they added 3 more later. in the first couple days it was 100 players, then 75. the top 3 people place after beating Bowser but the rest die in a pit of lava. there were always names but at first the only way you could see them was to place in the top 3 but with squad codes you could see the names of people with the same code. the main goal is to beat the world but you can kill others with shells or stars for extra deterrent. several people could get power-ups at once if they hit it simultaneously. later on there was a win counter and a kill counter.

copyright lawyers actually are the scum of the earth, never give them the benefit of the doubt. If you see anyone whipping out "but they have to defend their trademark!" argument, ask them to name a single time in recent memory a massive corporation has actually had their trademark genericized thanks to some sperg's fanfiction and then tell them to fuck off.

Copyright lawyers exist solely to stomp on harmless consumers and fans out of hope of gouging a little extra money out of people that probably can't afford it.

Attached: guilloyuh.jpg (900x677, 55K)

>nintendo can sue your ass over a 40 years old game

Fuck modern IP laws, fuck Nintendo and fuck Disney.

Attached: 1402934157411.jpg (1200x1200, 296K)

Bros, I'm trying to make my own Mario Royale knock off. I hope I can deliver as good of an experience as this guy. Im modeling it after Mario 2 however, because you can throw things at people and I think that makes for better Battle Royale material than Mario 1. Keep in mind I'm not going to make the stupid fucking mistake of using Mario assets amd thinking Nintendo won't do anything.

Holy shit! Every platformer in existence is a Mario ripoff!

Never

EVER
break laws, DONT BE A NIGGER!

This was the most fun I had on Yea Forums in years. Godspeed, Infringio.

Attached: 1531355796145.jpg (885x960, 104K)

Literally nothing like Mario unless you want to say that every platformer with boxes is infringing.

Never buying another nintendo product. I'm glad autists are obsessed with emulating nintendo shit. Fuck all of it.

Attached: bateman.png (900x900, 780K)

It was a race to the end of a world. You could attack people by either getting a star or by being super mario (I'm sorta unclear on that myself). It was really fun too.

>nintendo then proceeds to make a worse battle royale mode for mario maker 2 but it's a 15 dollar dlc

Attached: cccc.png (1185x639, 832K)

Yeah?
They still made and own it, that's pretty fair. I mean it's not like Disney and things like Snow White.

Why shouldn't theu have that right?

This. Legal departments rarely have half a clue in these cases and just kind of shotgun very strongly worded notices out there whether or not they have any real case.
Typically, they hope a formal letter from a scary company legal team will be enough to shutdown any potential IP violations, otherwise they'll have to actually communicate with other departments and sit down and actually scrutinize a product to see if it really does cross any legal lines, which it typically doesn't.
Most of the rest of the company ends up having no clue what legal's doing for the most part unless someone makes a big enough fuss about it to get media attention to them.

Sounds cool. You need art or music?

Hmm. That's probably the whole reason this got Nintendos attention. What a dumbass.

I'm a lawyer, if they're not saying it's probably because they aren't really able to or at the very least it's difficult to explain.

In my jurisdiction honestly I would argue that litigation is premature if they just raised an action without explaining it to you and giving a fair opportunity to make right the wrong. They wouldn't get away with expenses.

That said, America (which I assume it is) could be different. Very harsh if so.

Jojo Reference here. Didn't get to play as much as I probably would've liked due to life, but it was surprisingly pretty fun. Had some good times with you lads.

Attached: abf.jpg (960x960, 179K)

If Nintendo was smart they would pull a Tetris 99 and release this for free as long as you have Switch Online

Thing is, most people aren't lawyers, and even if they'd be in the right don't have the time, money or resources to stand their ground.

Empty intimidation can always work if the risk just doesn't worth it.

Well they can't do it now.

/thread
All that drama in the discord
>YOU GUYS NEED TO HELP ME, GIVE ME MONEYS FOR THIS GAME I DIDN'T MAKE

You realize Nintendo is releasing a new game in that series in only a few days, right?

Mario with horrendous input delay and the bare minimum of (laggy) interaction. Yea Forums has shit taste.

the last picture I saved. byebye Yea Forumsros- JIBUN WOOOO
>I'll take control and change the very world that I know!

youtu.be/eGDqRH9VlwE
youtu.be/icujIinBG94

Attached: ie1gl99bbjknh8oij9j28hnbdggfdawg.jpg (551x449, 40K)

post screenshots

If nintendo was smart they wouldn't fuck their fans into the dirt.

>Never buying another nintendo product
>due to guy shilling his patreon
Based retard
>put patreon on thing
>get upset people call you out
Fuck off retard.

Fucking idiot

Greed ruins everything yet again

...but he did make the game. SMB doesn't have 75 players or the interactions you know. He could have changed the levels and physics more though.

And it was still like the most addicting thing ever despite that

>using their work for a quick buck
>fan

He made the game in html5 in three weeks and nintendo wouldn't have been able to do a thing about it if he had used original assets in the first place.
They STILL don't have a legal leg to stand on since he complied with the DMCA and removed all nintendo owned assets. He just doesn't want to get fucked in court for years that he can't afford. Kill yourself, bootlicker.

Nintendo fans will play Nintendo defense force to the bitter end every time. They're weird like that. I guess because their content is usually more quirky and colorful they have more of a base for autistic people who can't comprehend that their "team" might still be a scummy corporation.

Literally nothing, so far as I'm aware.

Had some fun I haven't felt in a long time this whole week. Seeing all the names, bullshit people did to each other, and especially racing against some of the really good players. Gonna miss it. Sad that one user couldn't finish his tileset in time before this ended.

Attached: dejiko-nyo.gif (400x300, 622K)

Attached: MARIOROYALERIP.png (1677x563, 246K)

so what happened?

It's a sad day, 8bro

Attached: 1541027487558.png (600x545, 329K)

>make game closely based off other game
>lol trying to make a quick buck
>nintendo makes game closely based off other nintendo game
>lol based take my money I love it
Rethink your life.

SMB3-Sprite guy here. Fuck. Hopefully this game can continue somehow. It was fun while it lasted.

Attached: 1554899633222.jpg (576x432, 39K)

>removed all nintendo owned assets

except the font, enemy and level design

>that their "team"
They don't have a team.

changes weren't good enough for the Nintendo Ninjas.

It's worked fine in the past and the people this genuinely pisses off are a drop in the ocean.

It boils my blood to no end every time I see some fucking corporate legal team just trying to flex on and intimidate a small team into surrendering to a baseless suit banking on them not willing to risk legal expenses.

People who use the law for straight-up thuggery are legitimately the worst people on the planet and I say that with no hyperbole.

Like that fucking Iron Maiden thing.

the game was free though

Kyoktofen is OTP
Forever and ever.

Attached: Kyoktofen.png (1120x768, 879K)

Eltnum JAV here
i found out about the game a bit later than most but it was a joy to lose a few days with you all.
rest in starpieces infringio
guess it's back to the unist grind

Attached: eltnum.jpg (225x225, 8K)

i never even got to play it or knew about it
what was it? why do you guys gotta keep everything secret

>>make game closely based off other game
>used Mario sprites
>used Mario name
>"closely" based
And you're calling Nintendofags bootlickers. Guy just doesn't want to do it because it can't monetize it.

well then i guess its time to make the game from scratch

What do you mean? I'm referring to how some Nintendo fans have this weird sense of brand loyalty that makes them act as though they always have to support Nintendo, like it's a team sport.

Nintendo saw through the DMCA facade and demanded that the game be completely shut down

Fonts generally aren't copyrighted, and you must be retarded if you haven't seen the billion other indie games on steam that use the same font. Enemy assets are original. Level designs aside from 1-1 aren't copyrighted.

awww fucking hell my tileset is now useless

Attached: End of Mario Battle Royale.png (1920x1080, 936K)

Meant for

>used completely new engine built entirely in html5
Forgot something, didn't you, faggot. "Mario" isn't copyrighted, by the way.

>that makes them act as though they always have to support Nintendo, like it's a team sport.
Yeah except they don't have a team hence why they don't support anything nintendo unless it aligns with their tastes.
Why do you think games like Color Splash, Tennis on Wii U, CNS

That post timer will be the death of me.
Anyway, why do you think those games flopped?

I will always be Buying GF.
Sayonara

Attached: my life.jpg (176x255, 10K)

Discord Tranny here, it was fun while it lasted Yea Forumsros

Attached: file.png (1366x689, 28K)

So, how long until someone recreates it and brings it back?

Nigger Johnson reporting in

RIP Bros

Attached: 1st.jpg (745x903, 64K)

why does Nintendo always do this shit?

>"Mario" isn't copyrighted, by the way.
You know, sometimes I wonder how you people even manage to breathe let alone come to this site.

And to no one's surprise, Yea Forums defends the takedown. Back then, you actually get a job to the company if you did it well (see: Valve, SEGA, and Capcom)

With Nintendo, you get DMCA, raped, nuked, and ninja'd to high hells

Attached: 1559447247754.jpg (639x627, 107K)

Very vocal minority.

There are people out there that do worship everything Nintendo makes.

What? Protect their IP?

from fucking what?

You can't protect an idea.

You're right, "Mario" is trademarked. The character of Mario is copyrighted. That distinction matters very little in this case though, so I wonder why the fuck you even bothered to make it

That's not the point. Nintendo is still actively developing Super Mario Bros, three decades later. Their consoles all have copies FOR SALE on their virtual stores. The property is still being monetized. It is not abandoned. You can't have your way with a title just because it's old. As long as Nintendo is still making the title available to the product at a price, releasing it in whole or part on your own terms is absolute dumbfuckery.

Not an idea, but an idea that has been realized becomes Intellectual Property, which can be protected.

You're simply completely wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI

Formerly chucks here, i stopped playing once the mario assets were removed but it was still fun being a cheatnigger dabbing on cunnyposters.

SO WHAT ARE PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO DO BE BORED ALL OF THEIR LIVES?

>Very vocal minority.
I don't think you know what this means. If it were just a vocal minority that disliked these games then they wouldn't have flopped because of the Nintendo label, especially not the Mario games.

>There are people out there that do worship everything Nintendo makes.
In very, very small quantities. Smaller than most brands come to think of it because they tend to be the type of fan that aren't afraid of voicing concerns regarding the games like Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon SS for instance.

Whether you want to believe it or not the wide majority of "nintendo fans" aren't fans of the company but of the game.

Draw, listen to music, go out with friends, buy video games.

Actually you can you dumb nigger. Copyrights used to only last 20 years until Disney fucked with everything. Now it's more like 170 years but in the end, you can indeed have your way with a title just because it is old you stupid fucking mongrel.

>Why yes i had fun with my Yea Forums bros how did you know ?
But for real good game bros, most fun i had in times

Attached: giga chad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

>Gaiman
Ah, the original man of cope.

The Mario Royale discord is making an effort to save the game based on the work of a guy who was trying to emulate the server code. It's not functional yet, but it's the best shot we have.

thats it im pirating mario maker 2

Never ever!

Attached: 1561189126156.png (1355x843, 40K)

Sage here.
They were good times, Yea Forums. May we meet again in some shitty knockoff online game.

Good argument, you'll convince a lot of people that copyright laws aren't cancerous.
300% increased sales after he gave away American Gods for free for a month. Sounds like you're the one coping.

>Copyrights used to only last 20 years
Which is ridiculously unfair to creators mind you not to mention it created wave after wave of cheap knock offs.

why the fuck should i? you cant even buy them anymore you can only rent them

>you can indeed have your way with a title just because it is old you stupid fucking mongrel
the medium of video games isn't even 100+ years old, but alright

Sorry I was too late. I was polishing them in my spare time, but the game died before I was done.
Still, as promised, here they are, albeit incomplete, but still covering a huge margin of SMB.

Thanks for the incentive from the anons here.

Attached: tileset.png (528x448, 48K)

They could sue you without ever trying to explain it to you and that's part of the reason no one takes the risk. Classic case of chilling of free speech. I doubt they would because it would be bad press and too much trouble for an overly anxious fan. Unfortunately there are plenty of legit bad actors who really are ripping off your shit on purpose so it's hard to tell them they have to baby everyone that causes an issue.

Stercore
Here and queer

Attached: crop.jpg (720x1280, 39K)

You were never buying them, sweet summer child.

You realize the difference between music, movies, books, and video games, right? You know the difference between an IP, and a software? You know what it means to own a game, and only own the license to the game? You should know all this shit. It comes up on Yea Forums a few times in every thread. Go back to lawschool.

Arle for smash bros here. I had fun killing people with the star

>you'll convince a lot of people that copyright laws aren't cancerous.
I don't have to, anyone with a basic understanding of ownership, fair use and economics should understand why copyrights are a good thing especially since flooded markets are a thing.

Also giving out your own item for free of your own volition doesn't mean you don't own it.

yes you where you went to the store brought home a cartridge and played it now you just pay to download data

Post body.

Fucking hell

Attached: 1551105359586.png (640x480, 449K)

SMM2, no doubts about it.

Guess all we can do is to bug the shit out of nintendo for them to add a royale mode on the game if DESPITE the creator using original sprites and levels, they still want to take out the 'competition'.

:(
I really wanted to use them, user

These result in pic related.

Attached: file.png (1353x841, 36K)

It's like $5 on the e-shop if you want it that badly. Maybe give them money to Nintendo instead of the Patreon of some faggot that ripped them off?

his use of the sword art online intro was fair use

Oh no no no reporting in for a last time
rip

Attached: big_niggas.jpg (343x275, 28K)

A Gep Gun here, thanks for the games and apologies to Niggers for killing you with that koopa shell in lost 1-4

Maybe give your money to someone doing something original who deserves it and instead pirate the megacorporation's games like any sane person.

doubt nintendo would make a good version of royale even if they tried. the fun was in how punishing it was. something they actively avoid nowadays

Copyrights are only a good thing when they last long enough for someone to profit from their idea but not long enough to fuck everyone. 20 years was plenty before. 2 centuries is overkill hardcore. You aren't entitled to your idea forever. What's the point of protecting your idea at all if it fails to be of use to humanity because you hoard it for 2 centuries like faggot.

>the fun was in how punishing it was.
On what planet was it punishing beyond the input lag?

ok where is the official nintendo mario royale? they should have been able to slap it together by now

OMG BASED NINTENDIES PLEASE FUCK ME HARDED

>Also giving out your own item for free of your own volition doesn't mean you don't own it.
Way to completely miss the entire point, brainlet. It's not about owning or not owning anything, it's about the power of the internet to spread information, and all that entails. The scope of copyright simply can't cover that, so you can either kick and scream and rail against it, or adapt and change and succeed, like Gaiman.

Stercore here again, one more thing.
I will always remember you *schlop* *schlop* you are like a little brother i never had, you too fuck nintendo even if you haven't noticed me at all.

Attached: 2MB0621.gif (320x240, 467K)

Like...in this case?

On what brazillian planet did it have input lag?

>take a break from the game for a couple days to avoid burnout
>it's fucking DEAD when I come back
Why must I always make such collossal fucking mistakes in my life

Attached: 1561226016352.jpg (1162x1500, 991K)

Tencent Investors
I will be with you bros forever

Attached: 47.png (474x500, 284K)

Hope i can see you there my friend!

i just meant like starting without extra lives, people being able to camp with stars and so on.

imagine making a discord for some niche community purely so you can have a coloured name and make @everyone pings. like there are people who sit around places like this waiting for the opportunity to put one up. it happened with the city of heroes revival in /vg/ too. they inevitably turn out to be sexual deviant attention whores

you'd have a point were it not for the fact a mario game with SMB1 features is coming out in literal days from now.

nintendo is so fucking gay that they don't even deserve to have their company name capitalized.
Fuck nintendo.
I vow with Yea Forums as my witness that I will create a complete collection of every nintendo rom, iso, and emulator.

Attached: canine of anger.jpg (675x625, 72K)

>be original.

And you, are, AN IDIOT!

theres no such thing as originality anymore, only expanding on existing concepts. At the end of the day, in order to make a new game, you will invariably take something from other game and copying it in your work.

I wont defend infernoplus for not wanting to release the full source of the game and asking for serverfunding via patreon, but if you think doing original things is easy, when no one could even expect to think the most original concept for a royale is a royale version of mario, then you deserve to be shoved on a pile of shit.

In short: stop defending the corporations and shut your fucking hole, cuz its clear you dont care about anything! FUCK YOU!

Scoobyscrub reportan
I accidentally deleted my final score screencap because I thought it was a backup

I remember seeing all of you bros out there. Glad to have had this light to break through the monotony I've been living recently.

Attached: mario_royale_star_camper.webm (1280x720, 1.74M)

Sue Best Mimiga (or one of the people with that name).
Never beat Toroko but at least I had a really close run once.
This is fucking heartbreaking, but expected. Good game everyone, hopefully we'll meet in another game when the next FotM comes around.

Attached: file.png (297x295, 13K)

Serious question. How hard would it have been to just run sprites through a paint program and make this "Not Mario" *wink* and obfuscate your shitty payment processor?

Seriously! How hard is it to just play legal Ring around the Rosie.

lol no u wont...

lmao

>not long enough to fuck everyone.
How are they fucking over everyone if it's their creation exactly?
>20 years was plenty before.
Yeah no. That was ridiculously short with creators having their hard work essentially wrested from them to be used by copycats and frauds like Disney ironically enough because we all know they wouldn't have some of their most famous movies if they weren't public domain.

> It's not about owning or not owning anything,
Which is absolutely irrelevant to the point.
> it's about the power of the internet to spread information, The scope of copyright simply can't cover that
We're in the age of the internet user.
The power to spread information without "stealing" the works of others or handing it out for free isn't even necessary anymore. Not to mention Mario is one of the largest faces in current media.

He did that. It wasn't enough
Pic related.

Attached: dmca.png (256x256, 17K)

>run sprites through a paint program and make this "Not Mario" *wink*
They did specifically that, user. Nintendo said it wasn't enough.

>Unfortunately, Uncle Nintindie's lawyers have informed me that, despite my best efforts, the game still infringes their copyright.
>They refused to give me specifics (I asked multiple times) but it would seem that either the level design or general mechanics are still too close to the original game.
>As a result I can't just blindly change the game and leave it up. Doing so would put me at risk of further legal action.
>I'll likely talk in detail about the game and it's short lifespan on my youtube channel in the coming weeks.
>I'm sorry about this guys. It was fun while it lasted.

BUT WHYYYYYYYYYY

FUCK THIS GAY EARTH

Now how about Sonic 2 Battle Royale?

That is EXACTLY what he did, period.

But nintendo still took down the fucker, SMM2 is way too profitable to let any potential competition run amok, even if by concept is not the same thing.

No I still have a point because throwing some paint on something doesn't change it so dramatically that you should be able to keep something forever and ever by changing the color of a pixel every few years or throwing into a mosh pit with some other shit you've been hoarding.

In fact, we'd all be better off right now with my point because not only could Nintendo use SMB1 features on their newest shit but other people could do the same and potentially come up with something better than Nintendo.

The only reason this got popular was because of the Mario brand which is owned by Nintendo, which gives them every right to shit it down. If it was actually an origional platformer there’d be no issue but then again it’d have never gotten famous

>have to change game to comply with nintendo's lawyers
>hire artist who mostly makes minor tweaks to smb's graphics
>get dmca'd anyway

Who saw that one coming.

Attached: dmcaroyale.jpg (1280x645, 78K)

I literally never got to play, just got Connection Interrupted every time
T-thanks, inferno.

Fuck the developers and moderators, they fucking banned people without warning via IP for using "nigger" as a username, and were even making money via the servers and Patreon off of Nintendo's IP!
>but-but-but, they didn't infringe on nintendos copyright user!
Fuck off, they did. Even after the whole DMCA situation, they still kept the physics the same, changed a couple blocks around in 1-1, and changed the sprites. All of the characters look too similar, and the game is almost the exact same! Fucking idiot NPC's who think the guy did nothing wrong, he is a fucking SJW.

Dr Cortex here, it was fun while it lasted and those were a few great couple of days, lots of nice OC in those threads too. Bit disappointed I couldn't finish my Mario All star Sue sprites but maybe I could use them if something similar pops up one day.

Attached: ACTIVISION, HOLY SHIT HIRE.jpg (320x320, 12K)

>How hard is it to just play legal Ring around the Rosie.
Not very hard as long as you have an infinite amount of cash. Guess who has that in this situation. Even after taking down the assets, nintendo still hounded him with unwarranted and completely frivolous threats. Scared of a legal battle that would bankrupt him, he caved.
Inb4 some dumbass who doesn't know what reverse engineering is talks about how the gameplay was similar.

Lmao

Ah yes, I was wondering if we would see the resident schizophrenic one last time as well. Glad to see you're still making shit up without any proof at all.

and you'd saturate the market with too much of that property that it'd lose any of its value and impact on the market, with quality going down the drain as literally anyone could officially publish a mario game

s-satania likes anal?

Are you a literal moron? Copyrights exist for the sole purpose of getting those ideas out to humanity. They are not meant to be your one hit wonder you live off forever that no one can touch. That only changed when the biggest kike of them all lobbied it for years and years.

Imagine thinking no one should be able to use fire or wheels ever because someone else came up with it first.

20 years is PLENTY of time to make money off your idea and there's plenty of evidence to prove it. I'd even extend it to 30 or 40 for absolute morons who can't figure out what to do with it.

Movies make most of their money with 5 years of concept. Videogames are the same. TV same shit. Books same. Everything past that is trickling money which again, you're not entitled to live off forever.

That's like saying the local blacksmith made one sword for the village so because it was great, he shouldn't have to contribute to the village or humanity for the rest of his life.

God damn some of you are fucking stupid.

Rip
in case anyone wants them, sprites are here
pastebin.com/Z4BRAnG6
polarmanne.xyz/royalemods/

the level design was literally identical

>is a confirmed teenage furry tranny from discord
>tried to dox me for making fun of his game and calling him out for making illegal money
Okay then, but I'm schizophrenic? Fuck off.

This. Fucking sucks man.

someone needs to rebirth the game so this shit could be fucking used. i'm glad that these exist to just look at though

That doesn't affect Nintendo's quality retard. Nintendo would still be Nintendo and you could buy from them if you wanted to be sure of it's quality but other people would have a choice to go somewhere else and Nintendo wouldn't be able to fleece you as hard because they wouldn't have a monopoly anymore which we've all agreed in law is a terrible thing for everyone which is why we are literally looking into breaking up Google, Facebook, and Amazon right this moment despite their copyrights and patents.

If he didn't ask for patreon bux and didn't use mario sprites from the beginning none of this would ever have been taken down.

who even beat toroko if any

WHY????

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHYYYYYYYY.
WHYYYYY WHAT THE FUCK WHYYYYY

it died a slow torturous death at the hands of tripfags and an incompetent polack dev

Slap City Only $9.99, formerly Slap City 40% Off.

It was fun shilling my favorite game while trying to git gud with fellow anons, racked up 300+ wins overall if we include when wins weren't recorded.

Also had my love for Cave Story awoken once more, the Sue sprites were wonderful and the music was a blessing. I really need to finish that low% run.

Slap City is 40% off again, if anyone's interested - maybe I can see some old friends there?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 62K)

Doesn't matter legally speaking since only 1-1 is copyrighted, and he changed that. Could have changed everything else, too, but again, it doesn't matter. Even if he changed literally everything about the game, he still would have gotten hounded by nintendo's Faggot Jew division because he used mario assets initially (despite taking them down immediately after getting the DMCA notice).

>someone needs to rebirth the game
Then you'd definitely need somebody to make new levels and music

>Doesn't matter legally speaking since only 1-1 is copyrighted
I don't follow.

lmao, keep it up man. I want to see you in future threads, ranting about random shit

>How are they fucking over everyone if it's their creation exactly?
Think about how many adaptions of pre-copyright works like Alice in Wonderland, Sherlock Holmes, any number of classic fairy tales, etc. there are. Disney, the main company that fucked over copyright, basically got big by adapting other people's works, and they didn't have to fucking buy the IP off anyone because they didn't have to and no one else did. You're not going to see that with any works of the late 20th century, in fact you'll be dead before it happens. If someone wanted to make their own Dr. Seuss adaption, they need to have millions of dollars they can pay to the rights holder, or they simply can't do it. Look at how it's affected Disney specifically if you want a good example, they just buy companies and take their IPs that way because the copyright laws they created themselves prohibit them from making a Star Wars movie or a Captain America movie or anything like that. Superman and Batman are only 15 years younger than the copyright ceiling currently in place, but because lobbyists are so good at extending that ceiling your grandchildren probably won't be allowed to write stories about them if they wanted to.

Copyright as a concept was made with the intention of public good. If you make a good concept, you can make sole profits off it for 14 years. This was done so people would be encouraged to make new things. Because of how the laws have been twisted, however, it's now having the opposite effect, and people who own those rights don't HAVE to make new things because they can just use what they've already created, and nobody else gets to use those good ideas, ever.

Compare with patents. A patent, as is, expires after 17 years. The creator gets 17 years to profit off their creation, and then anyone can use it. If nobody was ever allowed to produce the telephone or the television without paying royalties, imagine how much less INNOVATION there'd be with those devices.

>theres no such thing as originality anymore, only expanding on existing concepts.
user, creativity has no limits and anyone could make a new and great idea that could revolutionize video games.
Want to know the real problem though?
Everyone is looking to copy, specifically from Nintendo, so they can have their own Mario, Zeldas, Kirbys ect for quick cash. It's why games back in the NES to PS2 era were so much better, no one was thinking about making "spiritual successors" and remakes, they were just making whatever games came into their heads so you would end up with crazy yet fantastic titles.

>but if you think doing original things is easy
It's not meant to be easy, you're meant to think, you're meant to have passion, you're meant to put in work. Not just leech on the ideas of others like Infernoplus and Disney.

Toroko has a very high risk high reward playstyle, he either lived and won or died and lost. I can't recall if I ever outraced Toroko, but there were a number of times where I watched him die and ended up coming in 1st.

it would affect the mario brand image. Without copyright laws to protect their IP, anyone could publish a mario game and have it appear official. Also, where do you draw the line? If you're arguing that you shouldn't be able to copyright an IP, then what about your brand image in general? What would stop a company setting up their name to be literally "Super Mario Bros", using the same logo and everything? It's be impossible for a regular consumer to tell what's official mario produce from Nintendo, and what's been made by other companies.

This is basically why copyright of IP exists, for brand identity and to make clear to the public what's official produce.

Literally the exact same physics/gameplay and the exact same worlds from Nintendo's game with a different coat of paint. He's absolutely infringing here. It's like saying I can buy a hoover vacuum, paint it blue, and then monetize and manufacture the product as my own.

I had too many names, but I had the most success with "Death by Momentum" and "Read Victory Fire"

Attached: 1559941068232.jpg (622x1105, 469K)

Alright everyone, I'm going to give a rundown of the people who caused this game to die, or contributed to its downfall

>Tyrone

The main leader of the downfall, the first hacker, and the primary troll. He is the most likely person to have contacted Nintendo since he got banned for using nigger as a username, even after being banned for
cheating.

>Chad hacker

I am not entirely sure. He posted a couple tweaks to Tyrone's hacks, and then disappeared

>Yea ForumsPN

Second in command, and was in it from day 1.
He went onto the Discord after being banned, and lied about him being banned for saying "nigger". The moderators later made a whole thread on him, and tried to DOX him. They also later called him a schizophrenic, and also said you could not be banned for using nigger as a username, yet Tyrone claims different. He was also called out being a teenager, but this has been proven false.
P.S., me, the poster of this, is Yea ForumsPN. I am also the one who typically replies in correct English, but not the guy who mass replies to other people.

>Moderators

While I forgot their names, they have been confirmed to be teenagers, weeaboos, and most likely autistic, and suffer with gender dysphoria. They were also given an undisclosed share of money generated from the servers on the game, and from Patreon.
>InfernoPlus
He never really talked to his audience, and just updated everyone on Twitter and his user. I have yet to hear from him, even after asking him about the situation of the game, and the money being made off of it. He just coded it, nothing more really.

Mario Royale (DMCA Royale)

6/17/2019 - 6/25/2019
Killed off by hackers and by the developers.
You will not be missed.

> Being so autistic that you can't spell harder correctly

Anyway he wouldn't have been DMCA'd if he hadn't been asking for donations. I knew it was going to get taken down the moment I saw the Patreon logo.

Any other royales games like this?

>he wouldn't have been DMCA'd if he hadn't been asking for donations
AM2R, faggot.

Not yet but you can bet your ass that there will be soon. If not by people like Inferno, then the companies themselves will jump on the idea.

this post was definitely made by tyrone
how fucking embarrassing

Me and Tyrone are completely different people. Tyrone has not spoken in 3 days.

Naizuri here, it was fun while it lasted.
Can't believe Mario literally murdered Infringio.

this is a great wallpaper

user please do something with these even if its just wallpapers. These sprites are really good and your hard work shouldnt go to waste

Well, you're definitely not old enough to be on this site, champion. You come across as 16. Try reddit for a few years and lurk some more. Also, look at every webm in this thread, they almost all have someone with the name NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER or some variety

>he got banned for using nigger as a username,

shut the fuck up tyrone

>take original sprites and edit some common mario things into other things (pipes become houses you enter by pressing up, the castle gets redone in a whole different style, flagpole turns into a simple "goal tape" sprite like you'd see at the end of a race)
>craft whole new worlds not based on SMB1
>add in a few different powerups (just make the gun shoot lasers instead of bouncing fireballs or some shit)
>release it as DMCA Royale with no mario branding

Literally how the fuck could Nintendo contest this?

Attached: 1531483592457.jpg (640x360, 27K)

>random faggot from Yea Forums was the main leader of the downfall
>not the 800k views from the video the created uploaded to promote the game
>not the numerous news articles written about it
You larping faggots really are pathetic.

Attached: blown to hell.png (374x318, 92K)

>While I forgot their names, they have been confirmed to be teenagers, weeaboos, and most likely autistic, and suffer with gender dysphoria. They were also given an undisclosed share of money generated from the servers on the game, and from Patreon.
Jesus Christ that'd explain why Pixelcraftian was talking about adding gender and race options.

Sorry, but I am 21. I don't know how I come across as 16, but okay then. I've been on here since 2016, but took massive breaks, so I have missed a lot.

Not Tyrone, pretty clear since I actually use proper grammar. I've been saying this for a week now.

When you think back on this when you really are 21, you still won't understand how we all knew. But when you're over the hump, you will. Stay in school, kid.

>Disney, the main company that fucked over copyright, basically got big by adapting other people's works, and they didn't have to fucking buy the IP off anyone because they didn't have to and no one else did.
You do realise that's the main reason why copyright laws SHOULDN'T be so lax right?
If they do so what's stopping another company from assuming control in the future and repeating the exact same thing? That's why Disney is extending it all the time despite it biting them in the ass and robbing them of the ability to make endless adaptations of the works of others for free, they don't want anyone doing that to them.

>This was done so people would be encouraged to make new things
Except such a short time doesn't actually do that.
For starters once hitting the golden goose a creator isn't going to immediately stop creating if they enjoy doing so.
Then you have people who simply wait for something to expire so they can make use of a name without putting in the effort of creating and take one character and slap them right into the setting of another story for notoriety which was incredibly common even before an IP would expire as was the case with "Sherlock Holmes Arrives Too Late".

Some people actually thought that was a joke, but it seems that he was serious.

They don't have to, they can just strongman anything they don't like out.

Sorry, I forgot to add a section about how the news made it very public, and the other Anonymous user who kept mass replying with other people. I'll add it to the document.

>imagine how much less INNOVATION there'd be with those devices.
There would probably be more along with more efficient methods of achieving the same thing not to mention way more competition. Also those are two entirely different things.

Nintendo is the brand. Everything they make carries that brand. If everyone was making garbage Mario and Nintendo decided to make one, Mario by Nintendo would have a completely different meaning. Just like open world by Nintendo took off like crazy versus open world by Ubisoft.

Copyright never in any way ever existed for brand identity. That's some bullshit you made up in your own head.

Refer to for a decent explanation of why these things exist.

There's a Starman reporting in. friend of creator of this OC that i posted in a thread.
i really wish we get another game like this, maybe a sonic royale ? sega would be okay with it.

Attached: mario_battle_royale.png (1500x1200, 598K)

Is it strange that I thought AM2R getting nuked was terrible but I’m perfectly fine with this?

Add your apology to Yea Forums for dragging the board quality down to your suicide note, faggot.

>ctrl+C ctrl+V mario
>act surprised when dmca'd
boohoo

Share all of those memes you got to remember this game forever bois

Attached: 1561092159916.png (500x500, 87K)

>Literally how the fuck could Nintendo contest this?
With their millions of dollars.
Now, you see those boots, faggot? Start licking.

someone will make a copycat soon and probably a lot better since it won't be browser based. If you can count on 1 thing from popular video games, it's copycats.

they are but most people don't want to take the 0.0001% chance of them actually taking action.

>I've been on here since 2016
You really didn't have to admit this, it was already painfully obvious that you're a retarded electionfag. You'll look back on the stupid shit you did in your early years on the site and cringe like a motherfucker just like everybody else.

Attached: 1553668955472.jpg (433x427, 86K)

at least I had fun with you guys even tho I never made it on platforms the experience was all worth it

Attached: 1560276371595.png (1080x673, 598K)

so you want the mario name/brand and its related assets and level design to be public domain, but the publisher/developer/producer is still protected under copyright law?
Mario isn't a genre of game, the genre as a whole is platformer and anyone can make a platformer, so your analogy doesn't make much sense.

No thank you. I have nothing to apologize for, besides lying. Please, take your complaints back to Discord.

Man, fuck Nintendo, seriously. What got a stick up their ass with this most recent wave of copyright claims? Seems like they got half of patreon banned.

>Nintendo is the brand
Nintendo is the COMPANY you idiot. The titles they make, Mario in this example, is the brand because it's the product.

>Copyright never in any way ever existed for brand identity.
That's because the original idea of copyright was created to ensure one person COULDN'T form a brand and gain fame and money why do you think it was so short and would expire long before the owner would die?

I am not an electionfag. I rarely browsed /pol/, and after trolling Yea Forums for about 3 days, I got up and left Yea Forums until around late 2017. I didn't really care about the election, since I didn't know anything about politics. However, I cannot look back and cringe at what I posted, since nobody archives Yea Forums.

I currently live in a country that doesn't give a fuck about DMCA and have servers in countries that also don't care about DMCA.

Is there any way I can download the source and host a mirror of this game?

>now entering 3-1 in 10 seconds

Attached: 1557209086524.jpg (2758x1822, 330K)

It definitely seems like he was serious. Good lesson for next time to avoid artists who will only slightly edit copyrighted material and talk about adding diversity. F-f-fun.

Attached: too late nintendo.webm (960x540, 1.38M)

I'll miss you faggots.

Attached: starchad.gif (1067x1000, 2.64M)

No. All we found was a GitHub page that was taken down moments after we found it. There were no files besides an early text document on the beginning of coding of Mario Royale.

danks libtard :^)

Steve Is In here, don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

what is this anyways?

Fuck.

Anyone here good at programming then? Maybe we can remake the game, I don't think it'd be really hard if we had a few programmers working on it.

I was one of the many people with the tag "(You)." Can't believe my days of starniggering is dead thanks to Nintendo.

Tyrone was the most likely, since he claimed he was a computer engineer and was making $100,000 a year. If he ever appears again, ask him.

He asked money for the servers. It is specifically what drove the Nintendo ninjas to DMCA it

Where's your starman now!?

Nintendo is both a company and a brand. Things can be more than one thing.

mediafire.com/file/9ta04ps6q8mez5p/Mario Royale-windows.zip
Doesn't have the server-side stuff obviously.

>That's because the original idea of copyright was created to ensure one person COULDN'T form a brand and gain fame and money why do you think it was so short and would expire long before the owner would die?
If that was the point, why not make it shorter? It was absolutely originally intended for the creator to get a long enough time to make most of the money, but people could also make derivative works before THEY died.

>Nintendo is both a company and a brand.
No. A brand is a very, very specific thing. They aren't producing more Nintendo's you know.

Attached: ApplicationFrameHost_2019-06-25_14-55-11.png (273x263, 16K)

Attached: D2We5BxWoAI6ZI3.jpg (680x680, 89K)

how to change graphics for brainlets

should have released the source like people were saying, but he wanted attention and patreon bucks for 5 minutes. what a retard.

>literally the most fun mario has been (and Yea Forums had) in over 20 years
>shut down due to greed
Fuck video games.

>It was absolutely originally intended for the creator to get a long enough time to make most of the money
Then why not make it longer if that was the case? Why let it expire at all? Why give anyone the ability to destroy that brand image and devalue the product if the intent was to benefit the creator?
Also why are you acting as if you can gain enough money to live comfortably in 20 years back then?

>but people could also make derivative works
There's a very important keyword here.
Derivative.

>posting that faggot
You have to go back

based tyrone dabbing on nintendies

Now they get their exposure, why not move on to make something original out of it?

Frenchbread started by making fangame and they're established developer spiting out originals now, even actually paid by IP holders to make games for them

Again, not Tyrone. I've said this for over a week now!

Toroko best mimiga
After 470+ wins I just wanted private lobbies.

Attached: 1503296467148.png (700x700, 374K)

>It was absolutely originally intended for the creator to get a long enough time to make most of the money,
Not him but you have to stop thinking it was as easy to spread the word about your product then as it is now. 20 years would barely net you a quart of what small indie creators can sell from one twitter post. It was very much there to keep people down.

bump

>go to 4channel Yea Forums to see if anyone is talking about loot box ban
>instead it's 5 threads about le mario battle royale

classic

Who cares about games with lootboxes? I want to play and discuss actual fun games.

He still earned money to "support the servers" you dunce.
And guess what, it was more than he needed to pay for those servers.

>why not move on to make something original out of it?
Because making something original takes time, effort and dedication, something they didn't want to put into a game.

I don't play shit games with loot boxes in them.

>Back then
Ah yes. I forgot that those backwards savages were an entirely different world than we were! Walt Disney was scraping out a living for twenty years. No one heard about Mark Twain until the invention of the internet. Edison died a pauper because no one heard about his inventions until the copyright expired.

>Why let it expire at all?
Did you purposely ignore the other half of my post that said the point was also to intend people to make works based on the property before they died? With both of your logic, how do either of you justify it lasting 50 years after the death of the creator? I believe some protection is absolutely reasonable. I believe 50 years after the creator's death is far too much. I'm not pretending to know exactly where in the middle the number should be, but the laws sure as hell shouldn't be strengthened even further.

That's always the only argument you people have "Why 20? Why 50? Why not infinity years or no years?" Me being unable to present an exact number of years is not the issue. You agree that baldness exists, right? So I'm sure you can tell me the exact number of hairs someone has to lose before they're considered bald, right? No? Same fucking thing with this.

He swapped out the mario sprites for sprites that were mostly just slightly altered.
He didn't change any of the level names or layouts and laywers said it's still infringing.
Big shocker.

Chinbotsu Futa here, had a lot of fun playing with you folks

Attached: Capture.png (135x139, 50K)

But who is going to care about indie pixelshit platformer battle royale?

He changed 1 pixel on nintendo assets, thought it made him immune from copyright laws, and then immediately linked his patreon from the game. Nintendo saw through his bullshit and laughed in face as they issued DMCA

Yeah but who would want to play that shit.
You have to be delusional if you think it wasn't being SMB1 that pulled people in.

literally what

Nice art.

>besides lying.

Attached: 1499494292157.jpg (500x500, 58K)

copy pasted your tiles over a full 1-1 map. good shit user.

Attached: file.png (3584x240, 45K)

As long as it stays reminiscent of classic mario platforming action, people would still probably play.

lol, now I wish the game stayed to see this happen

Jaytues, perpetually stuck on the first level. It was fun though.

>unfair
if you can't find another way to make money in 20 years you deserve whatever the fuck you get
knock offs are competition and a cornerstone of a fair and healthy market
intellectual property deserves LESS protections than other industries precisely because it can be replicated and sold indefinitely with virtually no additional costs to the maker
it's utterly ridiculous that we put it on a higher pedestal than businesses who actually have to continue paying for resources and employees to continue profiting off of the original idea
this brand and corporate worship is absolute fucking cancer

Bing bing wahoo would still be fun even if the blocks aren't exactly where you remember them being. In fact it would be more fun with different levels because you'd be learning along with everyone else where the stars/powerups/paths are.

>No one heard about Mark Twain until the invention of the internet. Edison died a pauper because no one heard about his inventions until the copyright expired.
Is this really what your argument comes down to? Putting words in people's mouths?
No one said they didn't have notoriety but it certainly wasn't anything special or something they could live on especially if they had to split the earnings with publishers and advertisers. Again, they lived in a completely different time.

Really nice, shame we didn't have a chance to use this.

>platform/racing hybrid except with a massive amount of players and only one life

that actually sounds pretty based

It is very easy to tell who you are. Please, go back to the Discord.

Fuck it, if Inferobro won't/can't release the code, then I'm gonna pick up where he left off.

So far I have this (very basic working multiplayer, synced animations but no enemies or much else yet). I'll keep you Yea Forumsros updated. I'm gonna try to have a test ready by tomorrow night and I'm gonna try and keep this as simple as possible so even you non-programming fags can help out.

Also I won't ban people for nigger in their name so there is that too.

Attached: fuck.png (259x124, 2K)

Please, do not even try to do that. The main reason the game went down was because he was making money off of it. You will get DMCA'd by Nintendo either way! It is not worth it!

Nintendo is definitely in the wrong here, but don't act like it's the fucking end.
Now that the game and genre has gained traction, he can work on a similar but unique version of it.

Are you sure you're not gonna use some original assets? If you need some I'm sure Yea Forums can help out, hell I can make shit for you

They absolutely lived on it, though. There are countless examples of famous people becoming wealthy or at least able to support themselves through their own intellectual property through the years. See: Pretty much every author that ever lived, for instance.

Here's a great example. Edgar Allen Poe was the first known author to try and make a living solely through writing. I bet you heard he died penniless, so this should prove me wrong, right? Nope, he died penniless because of his huge fucking gambling problem. Adjusted for inflation, his writing career earned him about 50,000 dollars per year. Mark Twain is another great author, especially because he kept writing and living through when his earlier works entered public domain while he was still alive. I can give you example after example.

The world isn't that fucking different. Find me one example of someone going broke because of the 20 year copyright expiration.

Post the source code somewhere, like github or gitgud.io. That way, if you get taken down, someone else can pick up the mantle.

I don't plan on making any money off of this, I also have it set up so if I do get DMCA'd it's extremely trivial to set up your own server and host it by yourself.

For now I'm going to use SMB1 assets but if anyone wants to make art when it's done I'll gladly accept it. I was thinking of having original assets but have a built-in sprite swapper so people can load their own shit in.

protip: release the source code as soon as you can
they can't shut it down as easily like if the game was completely online (but who would do that?)

This. The first person that makes an actual decent original game with this concept is going to make bank. Add in microtransactions for outfits and other worthless epenis shit and they're set for life.

>if anyone wants to make art when it's done I'll gladly accept it
Alright, I'll keep a look out.

Could be handy if there was support for ninesliced tilesets instead of using a single block for ground.

Use original assets from the beginning. Don't add bing bing wahoo shit at all so Nintendies don't try to get you shut down. Just add in the functionality of a sprite swapper from the beginning as well and let the internet put in the bing bing for you.

Do not ban people for any names. While cheating is a no no, make it explicitly clear that cheating is not allowed, so we don't have random Anonymous users being a sperg.

I don't think that one was me, but I've definitely been in the same position while other Yea Forumsros watched me fall into the "Too Bad" lava pit.

If you do that then you skip the C&D and go straight to the suing process because it's very apparent that you've done something that you can't take back.

Just going to point out that fire/wheels would fall under patent law, not copyright. Copyright is for creative “artistic” works while patents are for inventions with an actual function. The main difference is that patents cost money to hold onto and are more limited in time compared to copyrights (these are given instantly upon the creation of a new and creative work).

Not saying that current copyright law is good (that varies from country to country), but it doesn’t stop the spread of functional inventions like the wheel and swords.

"Why am I banned? I didn't cheat! It was only specified that I couldn't use scripts for stuff like invulnerability, but I wrote my own code to give me infinite lives so it doesn't count!"

Godspeed user.

They expect one of in the wreckage brother

Just make a banner that you have to click to access the site that says "By accessing this website, you give up all rights to any intellectual property that is remotely similar to the ones hosted on this site. All rights, profits, trademarks, and copyrights involving the video game character "Mario" are given away to the owner of this site" and then a little "ok" button.

Then if you get DMCA'd tell them to go fuck themselves, you own Mario now.

I did cheat, but I made it explicitly clear that I did. Just remember what I said, since one Anonymous user is a complete sperg, who has been like this for about a week now replying to literally everyone.

>Why give anyone the ability to destroy that brand image and devalue the product if the intent was to benefit the creator?
Because they balanced the benefit of the creator, enticing the creator to create more works, and the benefit of the public.

>they don't click OK
>you don't own shit and get dmca'd

Are you kidding? There was always a thread about it on the catalog at all times.

How can they DMCA you if they don't have any proof you violated their copyright?

I wasn't quoting you, I was making something up based on previous experience with players who will go into very fine detail in the rules just so they can get away with a cheat. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

By making one of the thousands of people that work for them who don't own the rights to Mario go check.

Hearsay, not legally admissible.

It's okay.

Yes that's true and another reason why copyrights make no sense. Why should something less useful than wheels and swords be given more protection?

Just change it to say "I am acting on behalf of the legal owner of Mario and I give full rights to the character to the owner of this site"

Because every time Disney's oldest copyrights are about to expire, they lobby congress to extend them another 30 years.

Attached: 500px-Tom_Bell's_graph_showing_extension_of_U.S._copyright_term_over_time.svg.png (500x309, 22K)

This actually depicts quite well what people seem to think will happen if Nintendo doesn't dmca anything using their ip.

>Cop gives a testimony in court
>That doesn't count! Its hearsay!
Derp

Use this graph, shows it much more clearly.

Attached: (C)Term&MMCurve.gif (562x401, 17K)

they are stupid and make no sense but its because of how useful something like a wheel would be, thus more incentive to open it to the market

Witness testimony, in some cases especially cops, is literally the most garbage evidence on earth. These retards forget or misremember important details all the time and cops have the added function of possibly lying straight to your face or purposely stating what happened in a way to make you look as guilty as possible even if you are innocent.

Protip: use original assets and put in a resource pack system so people can mod Mario in. Make it generic as fuck so that Nintendo doesn't have any leg to stand on.
Also reminder that the gameplay of Mario isn't copyrighted, something like that would fall under patents and they've long since expired.

Fun fact:

Pinocchio was 59 years old (1881) when Disney made the movie (1940) because it was in public domain.

But I cannot use Disney's Pinocchio as source material because of copyright even though it's now 79 years old and significantly older than when Disney remade it.

Just question them in court.
"Oh, you were acting on specific instructions from the legal team? Well, that makes you part of the legal team, so you had the legal ability to give away the rights"

tfw was always too busy to really play it. Plus the framerate really killed it for me. Had such potential. Maybe he can make something 100% og.

>Mario will enter the public domain in 2080.
Awesome, only 61 more years and we can play this online flash game!

how will you update? guessing random threads. gonna be a pain to keep up with that waiting.

CIA INVENTED AIDS, signing off.

How come all Satania posters are always dumb pieces of shit?

I love Reisen!
Was fun while it lasted even if I only got to the podium like 4 times. Also im not the real reisenfag

Attached: 44a25f3257a5e.jpg (702x918, 342K)

>See: Pretty much every author that ever lived, for instance.
You do realise they didn't live on their works alone, right?

>Edgar Allen Poe was the first known author to try and make a living solely through writing
One, "try". Very important words. It's common knowledge that selling his stories made him a meager amount of money due to the recession at the time. Many of his printed works netted him anything between 5 and 50 dollars.
Two, he didn't live on just his own works and even became the assistant editor for the Baltimore Saturday Visiter briefly and later the Burton's Gentleman's Magazine for a year where he only made $10 a week. He also worked at the Southern Literary Messenger for a similar amount but over a period of about three years if I remember right.
Regardless of my accuracy the point is that he never made a living out of writing.
Three, he was originally hindered by the LACK of copyright law, if his work was reprinted in another publication he didn't earn a thing.
Four, his gambling problem began and ended long before he even entered the military.

Why on earth would you use a perfect example against your own arguments?
Are you some kind of idiot?

>The world isn't that fucking different.
Really?
Back then getting yourself noticed was nigh impossible unless you went into publishing yourself which both Twain and Allen did which took an incredible amount of work to maintain.

>Find me one example of someone going broke because of the 20 year copyright expiration.
Mark Twain ironically enough.
Remember how he would also spend money investing in inventions?
Remember how he lost it all?
Remember how his most recent works flopped and he couldn't fall back on previous works because his earlier ones entered the public domain forcing him to travel from country to country in an attempt to acquire the rights in those areas?

You know nothing of these people.