Daigo says he thinks he has ADHD... Is it common among top players?

Daigo says he thinks he has ADHD... Is it common among top players?

Attached: 1518610665364.jpg (615x637, 122K)

>wooow im a victim give me attention on social media

>self diagnosis from a couple of google searches

Every self-diagnoser always thinks he has whatever it is that he reads. Now Daigo, you don't have ADHD.

This, I fucking HATE all the self-diagnosed Mental Illness/ASD/ADHD "sufferers" floating about right now, these silly cunts haven't the foggiest what genuine sufferers of these conditions live with on a daily basis and it REALLY yanks my chain!
T. Lived with Depression, Anxiety and Schizophrenia for 25 years, diagnosed with Aspergers as a kid

>has ADHD
>can still spend literally THOUSANDS of hours playing a single fighting game and mastering its mechanics better than anybody else in the world

He literally has no idea what "ADHD" means.

No, he had to spend a lot more time than other people to git gud because he is the definition of normal.

Is he gonna jump off a bridge now that he has a mental illness

Every other retard on twitter wants to think they have a mental illness of some kind so they can find a way to not be responsible for all of their actions while being allowed to get butthurt when you call someone crazy or a moron.

its all fucking made up

Attached: 1554850769080.gif (320x240, 2.32M)

This is one of the most annoying things of the modern age. So many people I know in my day to day life such as friends and coworkers constantly self diagnose mental issues after doing some google research. Yet these same people are too lazy to go to an actual psychologist or any doctor. It's like they just want the mild attention and excuse of ADHD but without going to the trouble of having it be actually diagnosed or meds prescribed for it.

Attached: chess savants and high functioning autism.jpg (1145x815, 685K)

It's more like Daigo has autism.

There is no effective way to diagnose mental health problems. In general we don't even understand mental health well. We don't even know how the medicine works, it is literally trial and error. You will only ever see mental health medications talked about in terms of " is believed to work by..." because no one actually knows.

This is just him preparing an excuse for when he downs 60mg of Adderall to sweep evo

He plays fighting games so yes.

"ah yes I googled thing and now i think I'm thing"
Fuck off

legitimately what if this is why lol.

Neither do you.

Ironically one of the main symptoms of ADHD is the tendency to Hyperfocus on something you like to the point it becomes unhealthy.

The Tumblr method.

a lot of athletes have it. makes sense when you think about it.

JAPAN NO! DON'T FALL FOR THE MEDICAL JEW

He's full of shit. If he had ADHD he wouldn't be able to play fighting games at a high level.

...why is everyone in this thread so angry that Daigo might have ADHD? you guys have lost the plot desu

I'm not saying he has adhd but in some cases adhd allows you to focus on one thing and one thing only.

>tfw have actual ADHD, anxiety and depression and struggle with the combined symptoms almost every day, but stupid assholes make my problems easy to brush aside in social situations because practically everyone self-diagnoses as having these things.
It's a struggle to even go to sleep sometimes and my body begins shaking uncontrollably if someone tries to start shit with me, but these stupid fucks pretend that their bad feels are "anxiety." Fuck.

Attached: 1558941551792.jpg (2200x2800, 1.65M)

You can think of ADHD as cocaine addiction in mental illness form.
Except the cocaine is stimulating activity, such as vidya or some other instant gratification hobby.

Ironically, cocaine is literally a cure for ADHD.

And as someone who actually has ADHD I can tell you that while you can become obsessive about things very easily, your ability to process as many things per second as fighting games at a high level requires is practically impossible. That's the entire problem. You're *singularly* focused. Once it gets into split second stuff you can't take in all the data because you're hyper-focused. It basically makes it where you're always going to be somewhere in the middle, never the worst or best player.

>all these retards saying "hurrrr I have autism/social anxiety/small dick how dare this guy try to take attention from me"

Cannabis can help a lot too.
My phone being broken for a week actually helped me curb my addictions significantly.

>Bitch nigga can't even quote the people he's mad at.

Guys. I googled "Yea Forums",
and now I think I have cancer.

>several people are talking at the same time
itt adhd feels

Attached: Nina-Einstein-from-Code-Geass.jpg (800x450, 52K)

here's a (you) so you don't kys today

>old timer making excuses to get adderall so he can keep up with the youngsters kicking his ass

What a hack. He could a remained old school but instead tries to emulate the younger players by popping fuckton of adderall and using a hitbox

Focalin is way better anyways

were yours diagnosed by an actual doctor?

ADHD is not a recognized condition in my country.
Fuckers tried to put me on antipsychotics instead.

Fuckin hell that's stupid, where you from?

>My little brother just got diagnosed with autism
>Dad is doing the whole "just treat him like a normal kid and it'll all work out"
>Mom doesn't know how to take it and pampers him one moment and then switches gears to very strict because she doesn't know how to deal with his outbursts
>Neither wants to seek help because government assistance and anything remotely similar is for poor people

I feel bad for him and I'm sure there's tons of people out there that went through similar things.

>Neither wants to seek help because government assistance and anything remotely similar is for poor people
Your parents definitely sound like uneducated and thus poor people.

>starting using a hitbox
>"guys I think I have ADHD"

Yeah, and I have to take meds for it. The guy I've been transferred to is a half-assed bitch who doesn't even pay attention though, so god knows if it's the stuff I actually need.

"ADHD" is just default male behavior that "needs to be corrected".

Remember kids, even if millions of years of evolution programmed you a certain way; it still doesn't justify it's existence :) *slams Ritalin down your gullet*

my brother's kid probably has autism and any time he has an outburst they just say he's "tired of sleepy/needs to nap". my mom has tried to tell them but they just kinda brush it off.

They're just in it for the mentats of their choice for preparation and focus.

I have the opposite problem as an ADHDhead where everyone tries to talk up ADHD as some incredibly crippling disorder and how I'm such an inspiration for making it where I am today. I hate these fucks who give me these backhanded compliments, and the lazy fucks who try to coast on this disorder even more. Hope your anxiety and depression get better though man.

Attached: zeromission.png (1000x500, 1.05M)

I got diagnosed by an actual doctor, living is hell. He has no idea what it is like.

now remember the sheer number of symptoms that exist under the autism spectrum. EVERYONE might as well be autistic if they all self-diagnosed.

This probably IS why. Daigo wants to win EVO this year.

Imagine not having functional frontal lobes lmao
Imagine things disappearing from your awareness the moment your attention shifts to something else

Imagine being a stimulus-response organism like an amoeba, unable to make any plans or control your behavior because you can only react to what's in front of you

lol

That's not how ADHD works.

lol you dont know shit about ADHD

most of my family has it because its hereditary. Hyperfocus is a symptom of ADHD, which makes you want to focus on things you like to an extreme (like literally playing a video game all day without breaks)

Serious ADHD here and I've always been worse than my friends at games. Although maybe there's something else wrong with me because I can't do fast button mashes like some games require.

It is though.
The cause of ADHD is non-functional frontal lobes due to lack of dopamine receptors.

If your frontal lobes don't work, you are pretty much a bipedal animal with no impulse control or executive function.

>I wonder if life would've been easier.
I often see people say things like this. And I am not necessarily saying that they're wrong, I just don't understand it at all.
Some years back I got an official and legitimate autism spectrum diagnosis, but it hasn't really changed how I live or view the world at all. Why should it? I am the same person as before, why would this all of a sudden change due to a piece of paper and a doctor's claim?
Like yeah that's me, but that was me before the diagnosis too so nothing has changed. It did help to get me some autism bux and was useful in that sense but nothing else has changed.

Know yourself. That's what helps. Get an official certificate of your diagnosis if that's a useful tool for you, sure.
Beyond this? In what way is it significant? I never understood this, but most people appear to find the moment of their diagnosis to be really significant somehow.

If you're on the real harsh end of it games are going to be difficult just because they're inherently multitasking.

Again, that's not how it works. Things don't disappear from your awareness and you can't make plans. It means you're a drug addict for stimulus. You make bad decisions because you're addicted to being heavily invested in things.

knowing beforehand can get you treatment earlier in life you autismal dumbass.

My early 20s were wasted down the drain because I was diagnosed with bipolar too late.

as someone who has had an autism diagnosis since before seven years old, it's because people don't understand what the treatment is. I've gotten the "treatment" my whole life, and it's miserable. They think it'll be cured if they catch it early, like cancer.

OH my god who fucking cares

The reason you feel that way is *because* of your autism, user.

Here's the secret: it's all in your head.

Imagine being under 30 thinking you know fuck all about ADHD

no daigo you're fucking autistic u fuckin weirdo, love u

If you're sick, and self-diagnose yourself through wikipedia searches, you can end up convincing yourself you have fucking cancer

It's really fucking stupid

here, man
(You)

Well, I might be exaggerating slightly but I have a lot of trouble focusing on things. Managers would try to explain things to me at work and I always end up watching customers. I read books and have to go over the page a couple times because I didn't take in the information. Fighting games are the worst, yeah. My friend tells me he can watch my movements and see where I'm about to go from there and I can't even fathom how it's possible.

Probably shouldn't be on the road considering I'm always getting distracted by street signs but fuck it. Doctors used to have me on 70 mg which I think is high up there but I'm no pharmacist.

how do you even get formally diagnosed with mental disorders?
I don't want to go to a doctor about it because then I feel like I have to commit to fixing my whole life which I don't have the motivation for but I don't even know if I actually have any problems and how they would go about determining that besides me telling them how I feel or if I'm just a lazy asshole
I'm 99% sure I have actual OCD though, because it goes beyond le quirky adjust the picture frame lol and causes me actual distress most of the time I'm doing anything, even shit like just fucking reading words or saving images

*70 mg Vyvanse

So is your brain.

ADHD hyperfocus is a meme because you don't actually retain anything from activities under hyperfocus.

I routinely finish entire books in one sitting, by the end of it I don't remember anything I've read.

Wow, it's like I actually care about a human, but I really don't. Social media is fascinating.

e-celebs are not video games and never will be, no matter how young mods become.

So has anyone called him out on self-diagnosing?

Attached: 1556859109707.jpg (622x670, 120K)

Yeah, you're on the extreme end. I feel you.
I'm on the end where I can function mostly normally, but shit like echoes makes it almost impossible to understand words and I naturally triple read words to make sure I read it right.

>Don't trust yourself, trust a stranger to determine whats going on in your brain then give them 10k for sugar pills!

That's just you dude.

I mean you can live with ADHD if you figure out how to structure your life.

t. lives with ADHD

>9 feb 2018

I've been on 60mg Vyvanse for about 6 months now, only recently I've been getting headaches around the 3-4 hour mark. I'm guessing my dosage is too high, but why would these only happen now? I know you're not a doctor but has anything else similar happened to you? Probably gonna lower it a bit next time I see the doc. They were getting so bad along with the comedowns that I had to stop taking them for a few days. Probably a bad idea, but after the first day I felt fine.

Attached: 222111.gif (500x500, 36K)

>Ritalin is just sugar pills, which is why people fake medical conditions to obtain them.

>living is hell
How so?

Ooh, an actual autist

I can't say I've experienced that. Biggest side effects for me were loss of appetite and inability to stay awake if I skipped a dose.

That feel when getting high on sleep deprivation to get things done

This dangerous line of thinking is what made chrischan

I mean I routinely burn through threads on here about topics that seriously interest me and I don't remember jack shit so I'd say it's not entirely limited to him.