Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night

Is this game gonna revive the genre for mainstream audience?
Is it gonna become a franchise?
Will we see Bloodstained 2?
Many questions, no answers.

Attached: bloodstained.original[1].jpg (1432x805, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l9mX5PaexsQ&t=2s
dropbox.com/s/xq0ear1r0cvq40h/Synchronicity Prologue English V1.zip?dl=0
reddit.com/r/Konosuba/comments/631l6r/wanna_play_konosuba_the_resurrection_of_beldia/
atlus.co.jp/news/5854/
app.aniplex.co.jp/fatehf/game.html
staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/2874/images/7/7-1561496239-811839304.jpeg
nintendoeverything.com/bloodstained-team-immediately-shifting-resources-to-improve-performance-and-stability-for-the-switch/
youtube.com/watch?v=IVXJmfd3cmg
youtu.be/LnP9PU71LaQ?t=35
metroidvania.com
youtube.com/watch?v=0-pj50Yg1v0
youtube.com/watch?v=2XeV3fWwaZM
youtube.com/watch?v=CcEb45BKaig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Will we see Bloodstained 2?
No. Iga barely managed to not be seen as a hack/con man. There wont be a new one. For at least a long while.

Miram a cute

Really? Did it sold poorly?

Sucks the Switch version is gimped I was planning on buying it
Guess I'll stick with my pirated PC copy

Playing it with 144fps is pure kino. Also bought it twice on steam and on gog.

post feet

Yea Forums where do i find swimming crystal?

>Start new game + on hard because I heard bosses have new moves
>They go down in one hit so I cant see shit

Thanks IGA

Just start over on hard.

What do I need to get the steam boot recipe?

Yeah, no. I dont want to grind for shards again. I want to play with my build against sturdier enemies which was supossedly to be the point of a NG+

What a retard. There will be sequels. This thing is flying off the shelves right now, despite the fags on Yea Forums being negative whiny little cunts, as per usual.

The swimming jellyfish monster in the underground caverns drop the shard you need.

We'll get a sequel where a young Alfred is playable, fighting against demons and Church and shit like that

>not playing Nightmare mode
fucking kids gtfo my Yea Forums

I think a sequel is going to happen. By all accounts the game has sold well and is being well received. I don't see it reviving the genre, unfortunately. I think it honestly requires too much thought and creativity to come up with all the shards, equipment, crafting, etc. Most Indies don't have the kind of focus for that much detail in a single game.

I'm hoping we get lots of DLC for this game though, personally. I'd like to see it fleshed out and improved over time and an eventual sequel in maybe a year or two.

Also, PSA, the game is $26 on Steam via Fanatical with code GAMESPOT25.

Attached: 443657dc44e4f7af72963f864be26a38_original (1).jpg (700x921, 272K)

>That one rose tatoo on Miriam's left breast
>that one spinning great sword
>that fast-as-fuck teleporting beam
>that one kino fight with the twin dragons on the tower
>that inverted gravity
>that one jojo reference when you keep pressing up
This nigga Iga knows what he's doing.

Attached: urG0JVB.jpg (710x710, 55K)

Nightmare may be what you need then. It both has stronger enemies and caps you at Level 1.

Where the hell is the Lamashtu?

As far as we know are there any rewards or unique items in higher difficulties? I like being OP so I dunno if I'll bother with them if not.

I at least plan to go through NG+ on Normal with everything maxed to gather all the Medals.

do 16 and 32 bit upgrades do anything other than increasing damage

HARD or NIGHTMARE lads?

>I think it honestly requires too much thought and creativity to come up with all the shards, equipment, crafting, etc.
What fucking universe, half the ones in this are just lifted from Dawn

Nightmare without NG+

There is no merit in gaining medals on NG+ Zangetsu on hard went down on two sword swings like a little bitch.

Hard for a semi-comfy game
Nightmare if you want to struggle your first playthrough

>Is this game gonna revive the genre for mainstream audience?
Metroidvanias never lost popularity.

That's precisely what I'm after. I don't like bothering with no-hit challenges, especially with shit like the twin dragons which are really hard to predict and shit. Would rather ham it up on my second run.

I want more customization options

Attached: Bloodstained.jpg (1920x1080, 535K)

place where you fight the doppelganger boss

Metroid-likes didn't.

Metroidvanias, which actually have all of the elements in SotN and its sequels, absolutely did.

Name one other game that has a levelling system, equipment system, monster drops, etc.

There are too games and they’re both well liked. Pretty sure another is inevitable.

>I want more customization options
You'd just make another black and red wearing goth chick.

Where do you get the Hime hair? I think it's the only one I'm still missing.

Oriental Lab maybe? I only just got there.

Yeah but with like a different dress or a cape or whatever.

Duh.

Yeah but with different accessories, clothes and hairstyles
Actually what I want the most is an option to wear equips only for the looks.

>tfw the whip has ruined the game for me
I'm so accustomed to the arc and how to hit a enemy that I just can't switch back to swords or anything else. Fuck.

Attached: D7zxX9BU8AEjkVB.jpg (1200x675, 53K)

Now that I consider it more deeply, you're right. It's not that big a loss, though, grinding for equips/souls/money isn't fun.

I'm digging it so far. I hope we get a sequel. I know DLC is planned. I really want to play as Zangetsu for more David Hayter sexiness.

Timespinner

No idea how I got it, I know you get a lot of hairstyles by completing quests

About to start playing this.. any tips or tricks or both :^)?

Attached: snow-coastal-rosy-boa - Copy.jpg (600x400, 72K)

I can't seem to find a copy of this with the full artwork (tip of the sword) but also no logo.

Cook new foods as often as possible. They provide permanent stat bonuses.

It came out last week.

Attached: bloodstained1.jpg (1080x480, 200K)

where do i fucking go fucKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1498245457557.png (277x385, 150K)

>bought the game twice for the same platform
are you retarded or something ?

>zangetsu gave me his sword
>go kill the bad guy with said sword
>kill guy
>game over
wat

>baby's first metroidvania

Attached: hat dance.gif (88x128, 103K)

Hadn't seen that one. Looks cool but obviously much less robust that way.

So, that's one. My point obviously is that there are a lot of games with Metroid elements but very few that actually have all of the elements SotN introduced.

Does the "bad guy" look like a fucking moon, you idiot?
There are like 3 explicit pieces of text telling you what to do

Hit the moon when it gets red.

What's the last notable thing you did?

Hit the moon when it goes red dude. I think its pretty obvious

FUCK. I was gonna try that but I fucking forgot on the way. thanks.

Guacamelee 2 and Luna Nights came out not too long ago, Silksong and Ori 2 are coming soon. It is a good time be a fan of metroidvania

That was the one with a lot of lgbtq+ character sidequests right? Pretty decent game otherwise but the writing was incredibly cringey

finished guacamelee 2 three days ago. real good game.

>Doesn't read item descriptions

Attached: 1499473178215.jpg (500x631, 97K)

I finished but gave up on the crucible. I think it was the first time I ever gave up on something like that, I even did all of Godmaster.

I doubt there will be a second story was barebones as it already was, with bosses and allies having little reason to even be doing what they are doing

I really liked Guacamelee 1 but holy fucking shit do I hate all games that have "shift plane" mechanics.
Does the second one still have that shit?

Yes and the platforming challenges that use it are even crazier

Can I play this on PC with my switch pro-controller?

Well damn.

Attached: 1528315375793.png (476x477, 256K)

refund it and play something else

Thart's what I did, I fucking love this controller and steam controller support is fantastic.
How prominent is the writing? The trailer makes it look pretty good
The second game didn't much in the way of new abilities, just new ways to use the old ones in platforming challenges. I like the combat too. Try playing it with a friend, only one person needs to be able to do the platforming segments, the other can hop into a bubble like the new super mario bros games.

Attached: dbff0bb06.gif (480x270, 2.65M)

>Thart's what I did, I fucking love this controller and steam controller support is fantastic.
What if I pirated the game?

>how prominent is the writing? The trailer makes it look pretty good
Let's just say, it's a good thing I don't play metroidvanias for the story because the sidequests , and story to a much lesser extent, look like they were written by a 10 year-old fanfic writer. It does look okay at first but it gets worse, way worse.

With Luna Nights done, Team Ladybug can devote their time to this:
youtube.com/watch?v=l9mX5PaexsQ&t=2s

The genre was two games for most of its existence with the odd pseudo Metroidvania every so often. With indie studios making them now its far bigger than its ever been.

If you have steam running and you want to use the switch pro controller, then you have to turn off switch support in steam controller settings. Otherwise, the controller will send a ton of junk inputs everything gets all fucked up. If you prefer, you can also run the game through steam by setting it as a non-steam game in your library and that'll work too, but if you don't then you can just use x360ce or xpadder and it should work fine, as long as steam isn't running or you have switch support turned off.
Yeah it's definitely not a complete turn off for me either but it'll probably move lower on my wish list.

>another 5 hour linear as fuck sotn clone

not very exciting

>every game needs to be 90 hours of open world padding or grinding

What happened to having a well designed experience? Every single one of Team Ladybug's games have been fantastic, even if they're a bit short. And Aria of Sorrow was only like what, 9 hours?

SMT: Synchronicity english patch
dropbox.com/s/xq0ear1r0cvq40h/Synchronicity Prologue English V1.zip?dl=0

Where's the full game, plus the rest?

Will Konami just make a SotN-like of their own on something that isn't the fucking DS? I liked Bloodstained but it also left me thirsting for the real thing.

Iga's already talked about making sequels, with this game's major purpose being to lay the groundwork and assets for them. Given the positive reception both to this and Curse of the Moon there's no way in hell he isn't going to jump at the chance.

Attached: Bloodstained_ Ritual of the Night.png (500x775, 250K)

W-where the hell do I go after the two fire breathing dogs in the tower fight?

Here's their konosuba game
reddit.com/r/Konosuba/comments/631l6r/wanna_play_konosuba_the_resurrection_of_beldia/

SMT Synchronicity
atlus.co.jp/news/5854/

And their fate stay night game (not metroidvania)
app.aniplex.co.jp/fatehf/game.html

Right but you need something first.

After that fight, drop to the bottom of the boss arena and open the chest. If you've been paying attention the rest should be clear.

But if not, take the Silver Bromide back to the village, get your picture taken then take the photo to OD so he can make you an ID so you can board the train.

>dogs
Anyway, now you have the bromide for the picture. Talk to not-Alucard in the library, then Dominique and then OD again. After tgat you can access the train under the tower.

Who the fuck is OD?

They'll likely try to cash in sooner or later, but I can't see it being very good. You're just gonna end up wishing they hadn't made one at all.

Have you been to the Library?

He's not-Alucard who you can borrow books from.

>revive the genre

There's like a billion metroidvanias in the past decade.

>hip goddess on nightmare

And here i thought Alfred would be the hardest non optional boss, and i was using not-Crissaegim against her. Granted 2nd phase is the same braindead shit as normal.

It was profitable and it's good. It's not groundbreaking, thought.

Did Hollow Knight not already "revive" this popular genre that was never anywhere near dead at any point?

This is my feeling. I honestly don't think Konami has the talent anymore to make a game like this. It'll be some heartless 2.5D game using Castlevania names and places in a janky ass map that's much smaller than Bloodstained's.

Most likely, they'll just ride this game's popularity into Castlevania Collection 2.

HK isn't a castlevania and definitely not a sotnightlike.

Read the thread. It's not the same type of game, that's the whole point.

This. There are certainly far more than ever before.
I mean fuck, Cave Story essentially blew up the indie scene 15 years ago and it was A Metroidvania. Unless you're being needlessly complex and splitting the genre into Metroid-likes and Metroidvania which I've never even seen before this thread. I mean hell, if you are CV Metroidvanias and Bloodstained are basically the only ones that even count.

Is the Invisible Blade better than Harpe in any conceivable way, not seeing my own blade makes it pretty hard to hit

Iunno, the DS games were all very enjoyable if you stomach the new story direction. More importantly its bosses and enemies just feel a tad more epic than Bloodstained.

do you need a lot of math for making pixelshit?

>Why is it a cakewalk when I carry over my stats?

>which I've never even seen before this thread
Cave Story is not and never has been a metroidvania

Attached: Metroidvanias.jpg (1463x6000, 1.11M)

Hope that this game does very well in terms of sales. Would be nice to see better, bigger Bloodstained 2

user you don't seem to understand, the people who made those games have all long been fired or left to work with Iga on Bloodstained. Even Mercury Steam and their terrible choices are busy working with Nintendo on Metroid. There's no chance any new Konami game at this point would be worth a damn.

Alfred on hard first run is maybe, probably the most annoying boss fight i have ever experienced. Run away and spam range and curse mechanic sucks my asshole. I liked the game up until now, but i think im gong to take a break.

Attached: 1557858518443~2.png (262x239, 66K)

at what point will I be able to get mercury and faerie wings

mercury is in the shop

Order of Ecclesia was 11 years ago user. None of those folks are at Konami anymore.

By that point I upgraded Riga Storaema like 6 times, the entire arena was full of fire pillars. He could run, but not far enough.
Wings drop from a Carabosse reskin, don't remember which one sorry. You can get mercury from dismantling gold, which I would recommend doing so that you can craft it back into gold which makes gold available for purchase.

I went back to the laboratory and farmed a Stinger just for that fucker.

I'm hoping it bombs badly enough to kill the entire genre, at least for a few years.

You're about a week late to hope for that user.

I was referring to a distinction between Metroid style and Castlevania style as different subgenres.
The Bloodstained campaign tried to coin IGAvania or something, but that was just so they didn't use Metroid.

WHO CARES JUST RELEASE PLAYABLE ZANGETSU ALREADY

Attached: 1557621160787.jpg (308x326, 32K)

replace original metroid with 0 mission

Igavania has been around since before the Kickstarter but it wasn't as popular a term.

Zero Mission is up in great tier.
I think Aria is better than SotN but I can agree with the idea that SotN and SM are beyond mere tierlists, they're cornerstones of the genre.
I haven't played La Mulana. I guess I should.

My problem with the Post-SotN games is that none of them control as fluidly as that game. As much as I recognize that Aria and Dawn were objectively evolutions of the series, the Handheld platform limited control and made the games feel stiff by comparison.

In addition to improving on all of the systems from the later CVs, this is the primary reason I view Bloodstained as a successor to SotN; it controls just as well as or better than that game.

So you can't change her dress?

Attached: 1519230767632.jpg (237x499, 20K)

I thought Aria was smooth as fuck, desu.

It's the most fun I've had with the formula since the Sorrow games. Castlevania is pretty much dead as shit outside of collections and the TV show, but Bloodstained's filled the hole perfectly. I'll be surprised if we don't get more.

I saw a few webms of people using a shard or weapon or something that let them run at incredible high speed.

Where the fuck do you get that?

Den of Behemoths

If it's like every other CV game you'll get it right before the end. They don't want you exploring new areas at warp speed.

There's an alternate dress you can get and a shard that changes her into a Bunnygirl but otherwise, only colors.

Just confused because I saw someone using it with a webm of a boss ive already fought. So I figured I just missed it. Its not like Ive been going 100% completion and getting the full drop and shard for every monster.

New game+

And armor that literally transforms you into Shovel Knight.

>not wanting to see her breast practically hanging out at all times
nigga u gay

friendly reminder that Iga is full of shit and this game was rushed

(specially the last part, they made everything bigger to make you complete the map at a faster rate, big empty chunks and giant enemies that can't hit you)

Attached: 9f9a61192036ca4016b7a7459cb711d4_original.png (632x3954, 2.05M)

CUMLESS
U
M
L
E
S
S

Attached: 1561137853368.jpg (1920x1080, 499K)

I hate her English voice. I'll have to fight her in ng+ in Japanese.

Kinda awkward that the framework of the "72 Demons of ars Goetia" was set by Miriam bodying Bael, the most powerful of them all, while Bael was also being controlled by a human.
What next, the Seven Princes of Hell? I want to fight Belphegor.

Wait how are you getting 144fps? I didn't see an option

I need more cum.....

Cave Story is a Metroid, not metroidvania.

In this game, Bael is more like Chaos from Aria of Sorrow than anything else.

I think what'll happen is that Dominique comes back in the sequel after having absorbed Bael's shard.

Attached: 1549801557079.jpg (986x1502, 1.58M)

I want to hug Miriam.

How nice.

Attached: 1432003411507.png (566x800, 797K)

Attached: 1547900409703.jpg (1240x1754, 1.92M)

Mods are coming... six or seven already in nexus.

Regular costume with thong panties when please.

Attached: 1547975243911.jpg (1024x576, 92K)

Even though it's been thouroughly fixed, this chart still triggers the fuck out of me because it reminds me of that one shitposter in HK threads

thoroughly*
I'm so triggered I can't type

Bought PS4 version, but "acquiring" PC version for mod-experimenting reasons.

Game falls a bit apart in terms of difficulty.

Order of Ecclesia felt better to play.

I hope there will be some actual gameplay mods.
I want more Techniques for weapons.
The fucking Katana gets a shitload of techniques, most other weapons get two at most. The Whip only gets ONE.

I mean come on. The crouching animation with guns will be everything I need.hnngg

Personally, I think Zero Mission is great and Fusion is damn near unplayable

There are already. To remove some annoying effects.

The dream would be some sort of balancing, not sure if possible or if the game carries enough weight.

Its not a skyrim or sims, but DivOS2 for example got tons of mods so.

Thank you for making me aware of this
staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/2874/images/7/7-1561496239-811839304.jpeg

>stumbled into the Gebel boss fight by mistake
>beat him
>Game Over
>lose a hour's worth of progress
I didn't even know he was behind that boss door, what the fuck.

Attached: 1557754993666.jpg (172x435, 9K)

Are some techniques bound to weapons instead of weapon types?
For example, the X X Downwards, it says it's for Shoe types but i can't do it with Lethal boots, even though it is of the same type of the Kung Fu Shoes.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.32M)

>"It sickens me."

Give the team credit on getting this close to the originals. OoE had several years of games to build upon and still used the same engine as SotN. They had to build everything from scratch for this one plus the troubled development history with trashing the original devs midway through. Frankly it's a miracle it's good enough as is (aside from the Switch version).

Attached: 1554698941905.jpg (1075x1075, 994K)

you have to master it first

Bladed boots are considered separate from regular boots.

You should have saved, bro.

True. I really want a bigger OoE.

Every Metroidvania is the same.
If you were to just get rid of the raw Leveling Up and only keep the gear enhancing stuff in each game, balancing the lot of them to be a solid challenge would be a cinch.

>convex glasses look rad
>completely fuck up the FoW
>did the Craftwork medal without knowing this

Attached: 1560122441390.jpg (480x362, 14K)

What kind of madman doesn't save before fighting a boss for the first time?

You have to master the ability with whatever the 2 or 3 weapons that can use it, then it becomes available to the rest of the weapon type.

>go into a boss room
>did not save first
This is your fault.

You must master a Technique before you can use it on other weapons of the same type.

Attached: 1561220003_1.png (1869x1458, 971K)

Oh, i see
Thank you!

Instead of counting our chickens before they've hatched, here's a better question. When are they going to fix the fucking Switch version?

>They had to build everything from scratch for this one plus the troubled development history with trashing the original devs midway through.

The fuck happened?

More costumes are coming. And mods.

I expect maybe haydee levels of absurd with miriam. And tons of models.

Which is what we said about Yooka-Laylee, which sold less than Bloodstained & had a worse rep, and just look where that ended up.

You do realize that bosses have special doors to indicate what's about to come, right ?

It's broken? That sucks, but also makes me glad I changed my mind and got it on PC instead

Didn't Cave Story already do that? There've been plenty of indie Metroidvanias in the past decade thanks to it.

I want to cum on those soles

Attached: 70700177_p0.png (562x1011, 352K)

It was a area I had already been to and was exploring with the invert technique. Thought I would've just killed it with Inferno Breath like I have most shit. More angry at myself, but I always felt like Gebel was near the top of the first tower there with all the obvious "to get further up you need more Metroid powers" and not tucked away over there.

>no option to disable or glamour head pieces

Hopefully something so small gets added later.

I hope not

PSA for any turbonerds like me: Best Buy is selling the Steelbook separately for $14.99. I just got myself one since I'm enjoying the fuck out of the game. It's awfully nice and I imagine there won't be a ton of collectables for the game so I'm happy to have it.

Attached: 1559060520897.jpg (1157x1600, 378K)

It's gonna be through a bunch of small updates.

nintendoeverything.com/bloodstained-team-immediately-shifting-resources-to-improve-performance-and-stability-for-the-switch/

so when am I going to get a bullet soul better than the Riga Storaema

Attached: riga.jpg (2046x1446, 548K)

I think Guacamelee can be moved up a tier tbqh

Has anyone made a Honey Select/Koikatsu card of Miriam yet?

Attached: 1517163776221.jpg (638x716, 38K)

The PS4 version's pretty unstable too. It freezes for like a second at times when monsters drop an item (pretty much guaranteed to happen at that first Bone Morte when you exit town). Shuriken, especially when high rank, is really fucking taxing when two full waves of them are on screen/embedded in a monster.
Great game, but needs some TLC before we get the DLC.

Fucking this. I've been using it and the arrow directional one since I got them and have found nothing even remotely close to either.

PC GAMER SCORE 77/100

So I guess we can expect delays for the DLC?

Does Bael even have a medal for killing him without getting damage?

I want her to kick me

postin qt miriams

Attached: 5bbb5aba97dfe207f55c8d911220acdc.png (517x851, 300K)

Same, and 2 should be added probably where 1 is now. I might change it if I feel like it but I didn't make the original and it's probably good enough as it is as I only use it as a reference list of good metroidvanias for recommendations.
GIDDY UP!

Installing mods for this game is really easy, you just make a folder called "~mods" (with tilde) in the Paks folder and dump the .pak file in there.

Bat works pretty well, especially at higher rank and on larger monsters that get hit twice per bat. I was more melee-focused but I used that all the way until Shuriken, which is God tier.

t. Benjamin.

I fear to see where this meme of donald will end one day. He keeps getting stronger.

>tfw cant even beat the first boss on normal

Attached: pepe-the-frog-to-sleep-perchance-to-meme-003-2b8877 - Copy.png (720x640, 93K)

>been playing on Hard mode from the start
>didn't even know there were medals like in OoE

Well shit.

Attached: 1551562794099.jpg (500x750, 181K)

Attached: 1db1a5b2b8db9473f4d9216377f6cb71.png (919x747, 640K)

Attached: 1553579426531.png (1754x1137, 1.94M)

Attached: 69685899_p0.jpg (994x1512, 881K)

You know, I was pissed about it at first, since it just looked so ugly, but I’ve been playing Bloodstained on portable mode Switch for the past couple hours nonstop, and it’s actually kind of decent. The team’s supposedly working on making the port suck less compared to the other versions, so I’m hoping they can unfuck the textures, frame drops, and loading screens enough so I don’t feel like I’m playing a PSP game; it’s well enough that I can keep playing til the end, but I want better out of it.
I panicked and double-dipped for the PS4 version after the first boss fight dropped frames hard upon its death, so I’ll at least have access to a console-quality version that looks prettier. Might pick it up midway through the Switch runthrough to oogle a better-looking Miriam, unless Samsho’s totally installed first.

Attached: 4494D4AD-14DC-4046-B3CB-BF3BD78B7FF0.jpg (725x1024, 176K)

Stop staring at her water balloons and start avoiding her attacks.

Alright fine i admit it i want a Miriam gf

My main setup was Riga Storaema and Directed Shield, the shield comes out immediately I basically treated it like a parry

Who's going to tell her that she's not coming back?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

Better start practicing then, because realistically you want to play the game on Nightmare, and you have to beat each boss without getting hit to get its medal.

Attached: Deoe85oVMAAc8w2.jpg orig.jpg (600x800, 156K)

Blutgang and Durandal are swapped, otherwise good list.

Yeah, my friend told me there were no medals so I figured what the fuck. Now that I know there are my second run will be fresh on Hard, I think.

Shoes look to be the most "fun" weapon. Not the biggest damage dealer, but just most fun.

Anything else?

Attached: 55b702c879ec886278cd090232ce2224.png (627x828, 276K)

She will be the protagonist in the sequel

I'm kinda shocked how I got this game on my Pro, and during some segments of the game it feels like the FPS drops. Mainly the Twin Dragon Tower and few other moments that involve a 3D spiral. Though I don't know if it's the frame dropping but it feels.. slower..

maybe try playing with both hands

PS4 frame drops too but probably nowhere near as bad as the Switch.
Only had it hard crash on me once so far when it blue screened trying to read a book.

based and miriampilled

Attached: 69713192_p0.png (1241x1754, 1.54M)

And the final boss will be Granny Suzie after having eaten every kind of food and drinking the Nectar, becoming immortal and buff as fuck

wait, was hard selectable from the start
is there decent NG+ content or I'll have to trash 12 hours of playtime

Attached: 1556351011127.jpg (640x640, 27K)

If you want big dick damage the guns with the recycle hat are the way to go.

Greatswords are always a fun time and have a sprinting technique that's really fun to use, along with spears.

Katanas have the most techniques at 5

I will be honest guys I dont really like her design. From the hair to the tats.
And horns. Forgive me.
I appreciate the tna at least.

>PS4 frame drops too
At what resolution is it running? My 970 barely gets drops bellow 60 in 4K

I just don't like most of the fanart of her. It looks all very DeviantArt tier in this thread.

>doesn't find a save room BEFORE entering the boss door
also
>not just using a waystone
The hell is wrong with you, user.

Attached: alucard1_2.jpg (300x300, 42K)

>Grinding for Shards so I can get a 100% completion
>MFW 8 Bit Overlord has one and it doesn't give it you you immediately after the fight

For fuck sake its a boss and it should give you the Shard immediately after killing it like other bosses you fight. This is going to take forever even with high luck stat.

Attached: atomic rage.png (381x485, 376K)

>less people have the Recital trophy than harder ones on the PS4

How can you miss it when it's perfectly set up on the screen you first run into the fairies?

It sold incredibly and was highly rated. That user is pulling your leg.

if it's any consolation, you're not alone- I ended up just keeping my distance for most of the fight and spamming fireballs/jumping broadsword attacks when she popped up in the background

The horns is just her favorite head accessory that can get replaced before you even leave the starting ship if you have no taste.

A little sad Bloodless doesn't get more love from the nips.

Attached: 69643736_p1.jpg (846x1195, 420K)

Well that’s good to hear that it drops less, and if it’s 60 fps naturally, then that’s already a major plus over the Switch; it really is noticeable to the point of minor frustration, it absolutely underestimated how much it’d bug me.
I haven’t gotten a crash yet on the Switch, but I was real deep into the library when it took forever loading a section of the map, I was honestly scared I got fucked for a minute there since it was a while since the last save room. If they can fix that up, then I’ll be happy having a portable version to play.

Attached: 0A5F15AD-DA97-4CCD-A6B2-A26941184E45.jpg (725x1024, 212K)

With them abandoning the concept to make a safer game even though they're yet to provide the DLC promised in their kickstarter?

The medals still don't do anything, I assume?

You keep the Recycle Hat on and some AP rounds for when you're cleaning up mobs, then switch to the Gunslinger's Hat and Diamond rounds in order to literally oneshot bosses

Attached: 1561197115590.jpg (668x924, 160K)

They don't even count towards item completion.

Sorta. Hard and Nightmare start out locked, have to beat the game to unlock them. However, if you start a new game and enter the name as NIGHTMARE all difficulties are instantly permanently unlocked. Nightmare ends up playing a lot differently because neither you nor your familiars gain any exp.

Turns out they're not really attached to her, they're a hair band accessory that happens to be her favorite.

There's an apparent in there, I've not cashed it in yet since I'm still trying to beat Carpenter, but I imagine it's the hime.

Just the sweet (Maybe) sense of satisfaction.

Attached: 1561216422612.png (962x962, 570K)

Genre is alive and well thanks to indie support and crowdfunding, and it's certainly reached that audience seeing how it payed for it in advance.

>Is it gonna become a franchise?
Maybe, if Konami doesn't throw a lawsuit their way. A part of me fears they're just waiting to strike at the moment when it's most convenient for them for financial returns.

Ultimately, I think this project was a means to an end for Iga to come back into the spotlight again.
It'll be interesting to see what he'll do next.

Fuck katanas.

Is there a Estoc? Or a big mean rapier?
Dream would be a big swiss sabre, but I know they are going for more dumb stuff in this game.

Curse of Darkness had cool weapons.

I know but still its her official looks.

I'm pretty sure you can't use waystones in bosses. Haven't tried, but I feel like I saw they were greyed out when I opened my inventory to heal. First point is spot on though.
NG+ is great, you can change the difficulty and even change the difficulty mid-playthrough which resets your story progress. Make your name NIGHTMARE to unlock the other difficulties and then you can just change it back to whatever you want.
I got it second attempt, I had to farm the 8-bit ghosts and zombies though. Just save it for last and you'll probably have really high luck and Solomon's ring

still better than the official stuff

To be fair, I figured it'd be a little more explicit myself like Shaft was in SOTN.

Ehhh. I think the one person who does all the fanart of her and the girl from that one hentai game is all same face and bland as fuck.

>tfw no qt Miriam gf

Attached: D9WezmfUwAEylIm.jpg large.jpg (2048x1618, 258K)

I've completely forgotten about Miriam's default appearance.
I prefer every other hairstyle compared to her default, more because they're a single color instead of the two-tone gradient of her default.

Attached: 692850_20190619084614_1.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

Most of the end game greatswords are very fantasy looking, but the end game rapiers are passable. All of the weapons in the same category have the same size and hitbox with some rare exceptions.

I haven't played any of the console castlevanias post-symphony, are any of them metroid-like and are they worth playing?

Sorry you hate cute things user.

Attached: 1557031295344.jpg (651x925, 160K)

>part of me fears they're just waiting to strike at the moment when it's most convenient for them for financial returns

youtube.com/watch?v=IVXJmfd3cmg

Zangetsu tells Miriam outright to be on the lookout for Gremory when she's around Gebel, and we've already seen her turn into a blood moon at least once.

The drink of true intellectuals
El Psy Kongroo

That's fine, there's always Aradia.

Attached: 1528860741610.png (1246x1350, 986K)

Yeah I guess. in the end of the day you can customize her hair colour and style.

So each one has its own miriam. Thats great really.

For sure user. Order of Ecclesia is amazing, from bosses to level design.
Souls took a lot from there.
Curse of Darkness and Lament of innocence get a bad rep but I think they were fun for the time.

Aria of Sorrow is also decent.

Attached: wwwtodsworkshopcom_swiss_sabre_a489_finished_bothma_189.jpg (800x600, 130K)

>Miriam will never cook for you

Attached: 1420521081547.jpg (683x797, 175K)

Attached: 1530605914935.png (962x962, 829K)

Source: your feelings

Who's going to tell her that her arms and hands are deformed?

>tfw no Lili fanart

I figured she'd show up similar to Shaft when it was equipped, but once you're in the fight it's fairly easy to figure out either the first or second try.
>Oh the moon's turning red maybe he's got a second phase
>No?
>What if I attack it

Gremory has a VO line if you kill him whilst using the Zangetsuto, she doesn't if you do it otherwise. It's hinted at well, just not as explicitly.

>Is it gonna become a franchise?
The kickstater was succesful, and the game pretty much delivers on everything that was promised. I'd say yes.
If Bloodstained 2 is a LoI/CoD style game I will cum with the force of a dying star

Tastes user. Shanoa is better.

With these arms she'll be the protagonist in the next Donkey Kong game.

Attached: images (8).jpg (350x433, 16K)

>the read aura Dandalion makes to increase your STR
Best familiar

Attached: 1543496835678.jpg (480x479, 43K)

What happened to all those outfits that were polled about like succubus? Are those still going to be a thing? Also when the fuck is Zangetsu going to be playable?

>She'll never enthusiastically cheer that she made a new dish for you

Attached: DeSgLLdUQAAFiE_.jpg orig.jpg (990x1210, 203K)

I was speaking specifically about the games on console as opposed to handhelds, I've played all the handheld games. I supposed I should've made that more clear. Thanks for the recommendation.

The last hairstyle (it's on the galleon) is very similar to the default hairstyle and I think is monotone

Was pleasantly surprised it brings up the Lili model when you talk to people transformed. Too bad nobody reacts to this bunnygirl demon just waltzing into the safe house though.

when you rank up yellow shards to the max, they become white and can be set as permanently active
name your savefile "NIGHTMARE" to unlock all difficulties and start playing on hard, normal is piss easy

Stupid fucking question, but I'm getting walled by the first boss on Nightmare. How the heck do you dodge the full screen water jet?

youtu.be/LnP9PU71LaQ?t=35

Attached: bunny.jpg (1080x1439, 153K)

>it's illegal to like more than one character design

>ooga booha I kill boss
Do you at least skim diagonally through the text boxes when skipping them?

Gebel looks great in Kojima's art.

Konami doesn't have the grounds to sue since by all rights nothing in Bloodstained is owned, trademarked, or patended by Konami. As it is if Nintendo couldn't kill the spiritual successor Konami sure as fuck can't.

Attached: 1465271901829.jpg (283x565, 77K)

The succubus outfit is a shard
"Pure miriam" is the valkyrie set
There's also the shovel knight helmet

>ANOTHER PAGE IN YOUR STORY.... WRITTEN

There's an achievement for killing Gebel with the Zangetsuto as well

>OoD is "not metroidvania"
>no LoI and CoD on the list
why do you keep posting this shit?

i got you senpai

you can send the commission fee to my paypal

Attached: lili fanart.png (821x583, 22K)

I really like this game, but I think there's a bit too much emphasis on rare enemy drops and other items for a game that actually has enough content as it is, it doesn't really need that padding.

Do you have a better image? I don't post it as a tier list, just as a list of good metroidvanias. If you want to make changes go ahead and post it, I'll save it and use that instead.

Game freezes everytime I talk to the farmer in New Game Plus, it seems to have carried over the harvest I didn't grab in the first run through, so the game just puts me in an empty menu that I can't back out of.

Is there a specific mob I can farm for Orichalcum? It seems to be the one thing I'm missing.

Yeah those AAAAHHHHH OHHHHHHHH axe dudes in the ice cavern.

I fucking hate how the flurry kick is set to mash attack instead of a circle motion. Sometimes I just want to kick the enemy normally and not get stuck in the stupid animation.

CUM STEAL

axe throwing guys in the frozen zone at the end of the game drop orichalcum, but it's a rare drop

what do her crystals taste like

Attached: 1558449972499.jpg (622x641, 56K)

Don't kill all the squids, hide behind them when the boss uses that attack. It's a bit tricky because they might shoot water at you, but they can't attack while you're hitting them.

salty coins and milk

There is none, it just works out of the box
Sidescrolling games are so fucking good in 144hz, 60 feels choppy in comparison. If only you could play sonic mania that way

>Everything is so fucking good in 144hz
Fixed. I also agree with Sonic Mania, just started it again the other week and realized it was capped to 60.

>make up some bullshit about how the crystals have to be uncovered to work
>this becomes canon

>DoS over PoR
>OoE is "not a metroidvania"
>Knytt on the list at all
this is unfixable. it's inherently flawed

Attached: grinch his dong grew.png (343x432, 213K)

>OoE not a Metroidvania
I don't see why it wouldn't be. If you think it's because it has a bunch of disjointed levels in addition to the big castle, you'd also have to take out Portrait of Ruin.
About 40% of OoE takes place in Dracula's castle. And the castle alone is bigger than the entire game world in a lot of the smaller titles like Ufouria (which is an excellent game btw).

Attached: ufouria_map.png (9504x5072, 749K)

I'm mostly just a gameplay fag but if there is a next one, they need to overhaul the graphics/art design majorly. It detracts so badly from the game that sometimes no matter how fun it is, it just fucks up the castlevania vibes.

>not saving before entering any boss door at all
you are a baby

>FoW
>Field of Wision

see Be the change you want to see in the world

On the point of them possibly shooting a cerulean splash at you, you can erase their little water projectile with a knife stab.

>switchniggers dragging all the other platforms down

Yeah the assets feel cheap. But it plays well.

>TFW grinding to make Blue Rose
It's not the strongest weapon but my tisms makes me want it since it's the sword Miriam's using in all the concept art. But god it's exhausting.

You can't use waystones in boss battles, for some weird reason

Requesting animation of backdash cancelling in bunny mode

One of these for Bloodstained when?

wtf is the 3rd one in the holy trinity tier?

It's not a position I agree with, but I get where it's coming from. The Portraits are themselves small self-contained metroidvania style maps, while the first half of OoE is much closer to linear levels with twists and turns for flavor. That said, it is much closer to a Metroidvania than say HGH, which is all linear levels + one hidden area per level that requires backtracking, and if Metroid Fusion is on the Metroidvania list OoE should be too.

Someone spoil the three endings for me

Attached: disgruntled raccoon.webm (240x426, 388K)

Seamas block it. Put away your familiar if you have one, get close and hit them a bit to stun them until it passes overhead. Then you can kill them and take the familiar back out again.

I've only been playing for a bit but there's this long ass hallway with what I'm assuming to be portraits of backers or some shit. It goes fucking on and on. Are there any more areas like that? Killed the flow and grandness of first entering the castle which was a huge shame.

This image is worse than having no image at all, and I'm being serious. Just take all these games and put them in alphabetical order, that would be more informative that what we have now. Or even better, just sort by platforms. Tier lists always have a degree of subjectivity, but this is such a catastrophe it's unacceptable. It will hurt potential players

La Mulana. it's not exactly a metroidvania per se but it's a very good albeit very cryptic game

Not a chance. These "metroidvania" games are novelty items by and for aging nostalgic types.
Blame the person that actually made it - Shutaro Iida

Unironically not bad for a doodle

Stack luck as much as possible the dangerous hag drops a powerful ring, farm her once you have around 30 luck

>desaturate the default outfit and call it cum
Did a girl do this? Cum has a yellowish tint to it

maybe I spent too much time editing Empire at War units

Damn I'm a 30 yr boomer and I've never heard of that game before.

>These "metroidvania" games are novelty items by and for aging nostalgic types
I never played any metroidvania and I absolutely loved Bloodstained.

You're completely overreacting
>it's unacceptable
Get off your high horse and make your own damn image

> pink outfit
> short blonde hair
> cat ears
> bunny scarf

Attached: 2dd.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Slightly staticky like an old CRT TV screen

Attached: 1458133732501.jpg (640x480, 26K)

Anyone have it in on switch, is it worth getting it?

They have elements that have gone to some extant to big games.

And it has a sizeable niche of fans so they are probably going to last a while.

In fact every single gaming genre would benefit from being niche again. I am hoping mobile and hamster wheel multiplayer crashes to whole damn thing. And games becomes small again.

My change is for you to never post it again, while I'll work on a per-platform compilation image after/during work tomorrow.

A vampire who lends you books, these books increase your stats

>i-if you don't like it, make your own! so there!
what a baby

>tfw I know that taste
I guess I licked too many things I shouldn't have licked when I was a kid.

Great! If I see I'll save it and use it instead, I'm completely down making it easier for people to find new games to play.

>not exactly a metroidvania
>in a "holy trinity" of metroidvanias
this image is so trash

OOOOOOO

EEEEEEEEE

>all these crafting recipes and shit
It's completely doable without using all that stuff right? Not really interested in that type of shit in a metroidvania.

>next game has a male protagonist you can customize

Attached: 1549935368912.png (127x178, 17K)

Wait, were you the one who made this image? Poor fucking show

OOOOOUUUUGGGGHH

Attached: 1561413898316.jpg (418x299, 9K)

I didn't actually lick it, but I was mesmerized from touching them. Also from the hollow glassy sound they make when you knock on it

Doesn't the Lodoss universe have Vampires and the like?

I fucking love the armor guys

> next game has another female but with thiccer thighs

Attached: 1561094629962.png (750x750, 39K)

Attached: 20190623232441_1.jpg (2560x1440, 530K)

metroidvania.com
This has the full evolution of the genre, including proto Metroidvanias. Depending on how thorough you want to be.

I can’t read some of these. Can you upload a better version?

>Not really interested in that type of shit in a metroidvania.
Why are you playing it then?

i'd prefer if konami rehired iga and we had more castlevania games i enjoy bloodstained but i prefer castlevania

Attached: 1560694243372.jpg (1024x768, 141K)

Attached: hoothoot evolves into noctowl!.webm (480x480, 451K)

>a male protagonist you can dress like a girl

Attached: 1498429608758.png (152x254, 40K)

It's better to eat nothing at all than to eat shit. This "tier list" is that shit. Unlike you, I played most of these.

Hey man, I didn't make the image
No, as I said before I just use it as a list of games to post, not as an actual tier list. I'm not autistic so the inherent flaws in the image didn't bother me enough to stop posting it
Thanks
Sorry, that's the only version I have. I got it from another website that has a height limit on files so it was probably shortened for that reason.

>i'd prefer if konami rehired iga
And have him make Lords of Shadow 3 and pachinko machines? Konami is dead and you're delusional

Hit her head for massive dommage

I beat several bosses with this method

Attached: lili fanart 2.png (1914x583, 41K)

god i hope so
i pirated it but i could not resist and bought it

this is the PERFECT mixture of aria of sorrows and symphony of the night

>Why are you playing it then?
For the fun exploration and acquiring new powerups to reach previously non accessible locations? You know, the hallmark of the genre.

>I'm not autistic so the inherent flaws in the image didn't bother me
Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I don't think Iga is a trapfag thankfully. Though, I wouldn't mind if the next game had a playable male character that's as beautiful as pic-related.

Attached: Leon_Knight.jpg (1200x1600, 976K)

How the fuck is La-Mulana not a Metroidvania? It's a Metroidvania with puzzles.

even if it didnt sold well they got over 5m on kickstarter for a 2m game

You might wanna play Akiba's Trip

>tfw 5 dullahammer head
Brutal.

Anne won't be coming back in the sequel unless they unfuck her gorilla hands

they ruined the whip
the fuck you talking about
whips are supposed to be FOWARD atacks and reach. not whatever the fuck they did on this game

Her hair_ is making me diamonds

fucking kek

no i said i'd want them to rehire him and make more castlevania games

You know what, you're actually right. I guess I'm not autistic enough, thanks for the advice user.
To me it's the focus on puzzles that makes it so different from other metroidvanias. But fans of the genre definitely enjoy it so it deserves a spot on the list regardless.
Top tier

what was the last original metroidvania with a budget?

I heard there was an upgrade to the Rhava. How do you get that?

You need to craft it.

Either OoE or Samus Returns depending on your perspective

It's shocking powerful until late game. Each head does like ~60 damage per hit, they track, they can go through walls, they do damage rapidly by just touching without needing some stupid slow attack animations, and they do damage ticks extremely rapidly. Their power seemed to fall off a lot once I reached endgame, though.

>tfw wall spears in the water areas
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: ANGRY.gif (274x249, 214K)

porn where

It takes crimsonite which drops from ninjas and an imbrued fang which drops from a secret boss

Symphony of the Night.

You mean the console itself is gimped

And I want a blowjob from my second ex and a two month vacation. Some things aren't possible under current circumstances.

Trick question

I'll buy this game after they fix the motherfucking Switch version. Holy shit.

Where do you get the recipe.

for you maybe but i'm still holding out hope

this has charm. will you do more?

Best song in the game

youtube.com/watch?v=0-pj50Yg1v0

Do we have any info about Bloodstained sales? I know it wasn't a MN9, but it was a yookai lee or something better?

And neither for Konami in its current state
Jesus christ did you miss everything that happened since the cancellation of PT?

Endgame. You need the ultimate weapon craft book, and a rare drop from the guy behind the looked door that needs the millionaire key, which you get in like the 2nd to last zone in the game.

Can you do one with Gebel and Miriam?

I know that the game wasn't too difficult ever since Bloodless but what the fuck is his problem?

Attached: literally how.jpg (1282x761, 277K)

nope like i said i still have hope unlike you i'm not a giant faggot who over reacts to a couple things here and there

why is this game so good?

Attached: 1561512179230.webm (526x704, 895K)

Don't worry about it, you'll naturally find the recipe book way before you can possibly get the crafting materials anyway.

Where can I get Crystal?

NEHAN JAKUJOH

>holding out hope
>A literal worse performing port of DxC released as a literal cash grab following the anime
>a collection that's just a collection of roms
>bleeding that much talent and artists over the past few weeks
>complete radio silence on that kusoge Grimoire of Souls
You're pretty insane m8 ngl

git gud

>Augment Luck/Gold sitting at Rank 7
Where the hell do I find the monsters that drop the other item for the last two ranks?

I know he's an optional boss, but how the fuck do I beat the Carpenter without getting shafted? I've just got the Zangetsuto and freed Gebel, so I've not got end-game equipment just yet.

Literally just take your time and jump over him. Run away from him when he does his long dash with the projectiles, rather than trying to get behind him.

why wouldn't i hold out hope for another castlevania game? not gonna hurt me if i don't get what i want

Can't fix shit hardware, mate. Get it on PC.

For the same reason why anybody with a brain wouldn't want another silent hill out of that company.
Grimoire of Souls is going to be all you get out of that IP. A shameless milking of the franchise. Hope you enjoy

No this is
youtube.com/watch?v=2XeV3fWwaZM
Use invert

>those settings and graphics
What the fuck are you doing man

Invert and stay below him at all time.
This way only the demon he summon can hit you.

nah i'd like a new castlevania game over a new bloodstained game thanks

>but how the fuck do I beat the Carpenter without getting shafted?
Invert makes him a pussy

It's less him and more the three demon lords, but alright, I'll try and poke him from the ceiling.

That's a great one but I prefer this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=CcEb45BKaig

Attached: 1561271176494.png (565x600, 209K)

Which is why you're insane, silly goose.

and in Hard mode they are on the starting ship and still die in one hit on a fresh save so they are easy to farm.

not my fault you're a pleb user

The only pleb is somebody who wants more Castlevania out of a company that has ruined successfully Metal Gear, SIlent Hill, and Castlevania

kojima ruined metal gear my man survive was completely fine

Actual full bunnysuit for Miriam outside of Bunnification when?

Got him, once I figured out how to dodge his dumb seal bomb attack the fight is fairly easy.

The only way to survive this is with directional shield shard.

Hope you have it otherwise you're fucked.

Castlevania in MY Bloodstained!?

Attached: Bloodstained Portraits.jpg (1920x1080, 582K)

>this game will be sucessfull and will open konami eyes
>konami will beg iga to make 1999 with old jonhatan sacrificing himself to save julius like his father did to save him
>this will start a new era for konami
kojima paperboy will be a massive failure
iga will make the next metal gear

Bright times are ahead of us

Attached: its good.gif (250x300, 737K)

You're talking to somebody who contributed the guides to our short lived general. Survive was mismanaged, released unfinished, full of balancing issues, and died from lack of community integration. It was not "fine"

I actually liked the giant kitty and puppy enemies.
Weird is good and they were less offputting than the portraits.

>>Augment Luck/Gold sitting at Rank 7
Seconding this. I boosted them hard as soon as I got them.

I didn't use the directional shield shard. I just kept sliding into his face and eventually I slipped through the bottom of the shield.

oh wowie zowie i'm talking to a famous contributor to the short lived generals guide? that must mean you're right
yeah nah get fucked fag it was fine

I fucking love them, it's the best that has come from the backers. I assume the giant cats and dogs are backer demons.

>Konami rips Castlevania out of Iga's hands and gives it to Kojima
>Konami rips Metal Gear out of Kojima's hands and gives it to Iga
I like the way you think user

Help me anons, what item is this?

Attached: file.png (712x266, 77K)

This isn't hope, this is staggering naivete at best and uneducated ignorance at worst. Iga has just broke away, managed to successfully crowdfund a spiritual successor to his life's work, managed to actually make this game be GOOD and well received sans technical bugs unlike the trainwrecks or mediocrities that 90% of these project end up as, he's now literally in the highest position of power he's been before and free to pursue his creativity in any way he wants. And you want to erase all that, to roll him back into a dysfunctional company which is known and confirmed by ex-employees to treat its workforce like trash, to suppress their creativity by loading them with menial work and transferring them all over different departments and put them under constant surveillance? Into a company which didn't make a decent casltevania game in 10 years, a decent silent hill game in arguably 15 years, a company which outsourced all its former golden cows to the cheapest available contractors and drew their brand recognition into the ground in pursuit of a short term buck? A company that canceled Silent Hills, a readily available dream team project, in favor of pachinko slots?
>hurr you are an overreacting faggot
Oh dang, really showed me there

Hellhorse Mane. Dropped by the Gimigin enemies.

>That company died anyways because they made games on systems where nobody buys them

Attached: 1438157242848.png (531x638, 629K)

>in 10 years
harmony of despair is 100% terrific you faggot
also yeah i hope konami rehire him and they make a good castelvania game

Why don't you also hold out hope that an angel is gonna descend from the heavens and give you 10 million dollars? Because the chances of that happening are inifinitely small, but the chance of things going awry if they try to do something with the franchice are almost certain

Candies

nah i don't really want 10 million dollars honestly i'll hold out hope that an angel descends and grants me my one wish which is uncensored jav and doujins

also contra, by the look of it

Ah, so you had literally no taste. Should've said so sooner

You kill Gebel and leave, wondering if you could have done more.

You kill Gebel with the Zangetsuto, and then Gremory possesses you while you're sad.

You free Gebel from Gremory's control by cutting the Red Moon with the Zangetsuto, but he succumbs to the crystal curse soon after without Gremory to stall it any further. You chase Gremory into a parallel dimension to kill her, and then defeat Dominique who stole the Book of Logaeth to summon Bael. After everything is taken care of, Johannes uses the Book to send the castle back to the shadow realm and you go home with everything resolved. Also Zangetsu survived.

ah so you've never played survive and only parrot popular e-celebs should've said so sooner

>the state of Switch faggots

Attached: 1.jpg (1024x578, 88K)

Attached: BloodstainedRotN-Win64-Shipping_2019_06_25_20_01_31_930.webm (800x450, 2.96M)

>just swapping the texture
>not making any effort to make it even remotely look like a portrait on canvas
typical modder effort

Wrong as hell, why would you even think that?

Harmony of Despair is nice, but it's not a mainline Castlevania game, not even close. It's like a free-to-play "greatest hits" spinoff. Also Iga was still at konami when it was made. Again, instead of greenlighting a new project, they made him do something reliant on existing assets and laden with DLC

I'm finna do a parry only run

just pirate fakku batches if you want uncensored shit

>why would you even think that?
I have a colossal penis.

I hope your mom reabsorbs you into her belly and makes a new good you, you stubborn oaf

how do you say cum in japanese?

harmony of despair is a castlevania game
it came out in 2010 it came out 9 years ago you said there hasn't been a good one for 10 years apologise for being a faggot who lies

not my fault that nigger lied

I wish we could customize the bunny form
I was hopeful when I saw the lili model appears in dialogues and has one of the available eye types so I rushed to the hairdresser to customize her, but miriam always automatically reverts back when you try it

I did. If you think it's in any way comparable to a mainline MGS game, you should stop thinking

There really isn't any other way to avoid death from that attack, it's been thoroughly analyzed already by top professionals.

Is Hard mode worth playing?

I got 100% on normal, but I still have a SHIT ton of weapons/items I haven't obtained

>Zangetsu survived
He did?

>beat the Inverted Demon
>got the Carpenter's Key
WHERE THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO GO

out fucking skilled

when did i say it was comparable to a mainline MGS game? i said it was a fine game also it's better then 5

There is an iron maiden in the cathedral and I don't know how to get past it. Usually I just push an enemy into one or put a moveable item into it, but there isnt any of those in the area. How do you get past it?

I apologize for not being specific enough. I meant a mainline Castlevania title. HoD is an alright fanservice game, but it's not a substitute for a full-fledged castlevania game.

to the carpenter room

use craftwork to pick it up

I liked YL and i really hope they will not the 3D platformer genre only because some retard online cant't udnerstand shit.

Oriental Science Lab. Get the Aegis Armor form the outside of the dragon tower

Use craftwork

Did Donte mess up my brain or do the fairies really sometimes say "fuck you" when you hit them

Attached: 1561389100136.jpg (1440x1239, 306K)

Use the hand. You can use it even without an enemy being in it.

thanks for apologising i don't really see the point in wanting a mainline game over HoD since HoD is unironically 10/10 online with japs who knows how to play the game

Equip Eye of Horus and beat the game.

愛液

>Zangetsu survived
I assumed as much, but was there a scene I missed confirming it?

Jesus fucking christ this game is so cool

Don't bother unless you have the aegis plate.

Absolute BS, give me a save file right before him so I can record a webm of like 3 ways to avoid it

HoD is like 6/10, alright for a couple runthroughs, but no original content, not a lot of content at all, dlc out the ass and horrible grind. The game model overall is incomparable to any previous SotN style games.

Craftwork. I know it feels retarded, I tried to use it on him before but you need to get it exact.

>literally just said it

of course it has a grind what's the point in replaying it a million times over

He's in the ending scene just out of screen, someone playing on an ultra-wide monitor posted a webm that shows him

mgs 1-4 are way better than survive but 5 sucks so much ass that i consider ghost babel better

I mean, the game has flaws but it's proof they can still make a good title. I think them expanding further is fair enough, especially since it's not exactly foreign territory for them to make a DKC styled platformer. I'm glad they're just making a sequel period.

I just want the Lili's hairstyle as a permanent option

>i don't really see the point in wanting a mainline game over HoD
I aplogize for agruing with you in the first place. A taste this shit can't be fixed or swayed

I wish Nightmare of the Cursed Ones was mixed into it.

Attached: 1538017714466.jpg (629x643, 29K)

What's the difference between that and 精液 (せいえき). Because that is what I typically hear in hentai.

my magnum opus

Attached: gerbel vs miriam.png (2912x583, 64K)

>haha she said fuck you hahaha
ESL leave

it's ok not to like the same games i like user i don't judge people like that

kamu

Attached: consider the following.png (512x512, 245K)

Umm I have that armor, it was the first place I checked but I still don't have the item to move those iron maidens.

I was wondering why I could hear footsteps just outside of frame, that explains it.

accurate

What? No I mean I'm more intimate with it's problems. And some insane guy saying it was fine when it wasn't is absolutely batshit retarded.

I'm just asking because there's an attack sound + music in the way and it seems kind of out of place so I assumed I'm mishearing, calm down autismlord

It sounds like an oversight to me, zangetsu looks fucking awkward just standing there. I think the player was only supposed to see his shadow on the side of the screen and hear the footsteps

says who exactly i played through the game and played online for a couple hundred hours got the highest rarity gear farmed out multiple events for the coins and i say it's a fine game what credentials would i need to have a differing opinion than some random fag who contributed to some shitty guide on a general no one cares about?

One means Semen the other is less formal and approximates "Love Juice"

You need the "gold" item, right?
Farm the underwater horses in the abandoned waterways until they drop the weapon (forgot what it's called), then go back to base and dismantle it for a Gold. Remember you can buy the dismantling juice from the shop for 800 g each. Next, dismantle the Gold item (DO NOT USE IT) and then reconstruct it. Now that you've "made" a gold, you can just buy it from the shop. The shop sells the gold item for 15,000 each which you can get very quickly by just having Augment Gold equipped from lanterns.

Also, make sure you make 9 copies of Augment Gold so that it's grade 9.

it's "why, you!"

>I'm glad they're just making a sequel period.
Yea, at least they didnt kill the IP and keep it alive.
Also that new game is confirmed to not be YL2 but a spin off game, so there still hopes for a 3D YL2.

And yes, as their first game YL wasnt bad at all, it needed polish and some fixing, that they did with patches. With a sequel they can improve all the weak part of the first game so they can easily make a better game for sure.

It has triple the steam numbers Hollow Knight had and I'm assuming it'll sell better

I mean, they definetely put him there on purpose, so that at least confirms he's alive

what a faggot

It's the fucking hand thing you got towards the beginning of the game. You don't need something inside the maiden to move it.

Gold is one item needed, but I think they both need Holy Water too.
I'll farm those stupid horses though.

>buddy who backed it got the switch version
F

Attached: 3498A43F-F395-444A-B6E7-24A8BD720900.jpg (250x247, 6K)

i know right imagine thinking because you contributed to a shitty general no one cares about you somehow have more authority than another to have a differing opinion it's crazy how shitty Yea Forums has become

Attached: 1546990741871.jpg (640x618, 49K)

They're likely going to use this exact same scene for the ending of Zangetsu's story, so they're animating it now to get it over with for later.

Why are you lying? Inb4 these webms never materialize.

I love this game, I just wish Miriam had more of a personality or character arc. She wasn't as good of a protagonist as Shanoa was.

Attached: 1545961676277.png (800x900, 359K)

It had the same issues Tooie had, oddly enough.

Japanese Miriam is incredibly cute

You can get 2 gold per dismante from a swrd that cost something like 17.000, so it's half the proce for piece of gold that you can buy.
All you need is the money for the sword and 10 of the dismantling items, that you can farm 2 at times from the red "ghost" balls in the desert.

That wil ltake half the farming time to get all the gold you need comapred to buying gold directly.

see

Shanoa was a literal blank slate. This is frankly the first time I've ever heard anybody say Shanoa had any kind of attitude. She was as much of a non existence as Juste

imagine being presented with actual arguments and replying "idgaf lmao"
>being so mad you start attaching random images to your posts for no reason

trying to find a damn save file

I tried the Eye. It didn't have any effect on the ending.

Awesome. Thanks for the advice!

what argument did you actually give apart from subjective faggot shit?

You can just buy holy water from the shop.

Are you kidding me? Shanoa was literally emotionless, Miriam had enough personality when talking to other NPC, friendly and hostile

Well, that was the game they aimed for, it was clearly written in the kickstarter campain too for everyone to read.
If people get surprised that the game turned out like a game they admittedly aimed for, tha'ts people's problems, not the game's one.

inb4 that save file never materializes either

pathetic.

Oh
Actually not that guy but in the next thread you make I'll post it once I'm done with my mobage shit.

You can reflector ray out of that bubble. The talismans can block it. You don't have a lot of time to make it out. But it's the most consistent method of getting out that doesn't involve spamming split second iframes.

>"Boot. Skull."

What exactly was the issue with the Switch version? Crashes, frame drops, and ugly textures? Aren't all the versions having that, or is the Switch one just the worst of the bunch when it comes to those things?

Why the fuck would i want to "see" this? I know this and what I said still stands

Really? I heard that was how you were supposed to see it. Maybe it is unintentional then.

Attached: Knuckles.png (327x452, 148K)

This is why Soma is my favorite. He's kind of a dork, but he changes with Dracula's power. CV characters aren't deep but at least he has some shit going on.

>revive the genre
Probably not. There's been a plethora of Metroidvanias since Portait of Ruin and not one has really reached the level of fame Symphony or Super Metroid had. I don't know how Samus Returns fared in sales, but I didn't hear anything bad about it.
I dunno what it is about Metroidvania, but it's for some godforsaken reason plagued by lack of sales. I don't get it, but I hope it changes. If any should, it will be Bloodstained

>sequel shit
If it sells, man. That's all industry boils down to, the sales. If you nigs wanna see Bloodstained 2, support the devs however you can.

But Shanoa's whole shtick outside of the ending was her lack of emotions and personality.
Miriam does have a personality but she's guarded unless speaking to people she actually knows like Johannes. She also gets overjoyed when cooking and eating which is adorable.

Yeah, I think people were expecting some massive evolution of the genre for some reason, when what we got was a competent repeat of the classic style.

It's basically a botched port.

Stop pirating games and go buy it then.
it work only in patch 1.03, while pirated copies are stuck at 1.02 for the moment

I'm not the same guy
>mismanaged, released unfinished, full of balancing issues
These sound like arguments to me while you just sperged out in return with no substance to your post. Poor show

I guess I am leaning more towards the character arc part then. Shanoa starts off blindly following orders, uncovers the truth after the person most important to her dies, loses all sense of hope and purpose and then finally creates a purpose for herself in the end. It was a good development of her character. Miriam didn't really go through any character development, she's just a standard hero with standard reactions to everything

Samus Returns barely broke 0.5M globally. There's a reason Nintendo doesn't support Metroid games.

ok well let's see
it wasn't mismanaged
it's wasn't released unfinished and it wasn't full of balancing issues
also thread is going to 404 soon so i'll cya later if you don't get a chance to reply user-kun

PS4 player here and still on 1.02, so that may explain it.

>I don't know how Samus Returns fared in sales, but I didn't hear anything bad about it.
For what i know, it sold aroung 500k copies, and was considered a success by Nintendo.
Also the game was well received from both reviews and Metroid fans, even if demepndng on people someone didnt like the melee counter or the aeon powers, but the base game everyone agree that it was solid.

For what we can undesrstand, there is a big hope for a Metroid 5

Most likely, but if this fucker reuses 90% enemy assets as per Castlevania I'm going to have to bow out.

Her entire purpose is literally "Kill Dracula with his own power". A few bumps and betrayals in the road along the way, but in the end, she does exactly what she is trained to do because she literally has nothing else to live for.

Bitch I can show you things you never dreamed of

Attached: hpmp.webm (540x302, 2.84M)

Yep, same case as i stated, you have just to wait then.

Frame drops from 30 to 15, resolution drops from 720p to 500-something, loading times up to 50 seconds, low res textures.
>Aren't all the versions having that
Short answer: no
Long answer: on ps4/xbox the textures are very noticeably sharper, as in you can actually see the character faces and portaits on the walls, the resolution is 1080. On pc everything is obviously tip top and unlocked.

Teps Selendra, or whatever the fuck the thunderstorm one was called fucking melts everything. Unupgraded it was killing bosses in seconds when I first got it.

It's also 30 FPS cap with drops while looking like this which are features exclusive only to that version.

Attached: switch.jpg (1280x720, 236K)

>a 3ds game with iffy looking 3d models made by a third party
It's a small miracle it was as decent as it was

Does accelerator delay the HP and MP upgrade notification?

The "endgame" spells with the funky names are the best in the game. So nah, just keep using them and upgrading.