AvP4

>9 years between AvP2 and AvP3
>9 years have now passed since AvP3's release
I-it's coming soon, right, bros?
What would you like to see in a hypothetical new AvP game? I for one would prefer a return to gameplay more like that of AvP1 and 2. Remove blocking and melee for marines unless via a knife, though it might work for aliens and predators in the form of a parry mechanic. Get that heavy attack shit outta here, though.

Attached: IMG_0926.png (1000x563, 712K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=19xNzEbKHiM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also, do you have a specific order you play as the species in? I always go alien, then predator, then marine.

I want AvP2, but MORE. Build on a solid foundation, ignore the watered down nonsense of AvP2010.

Personally I always go marine, alien then predator

More power suits

Attached: avpalice.jpg (640x480, 47K)

I want AvP 2 HD edition, with Day 1 DLC to unlock the Alien and Predator campaign. It should have loot boxes too. /Sarcasm

more focus on the asymmetricality of the gameplay
maps much more linear, or maybe even go openworld

the marines part should focus MUCH more on the fear aspect, I want to feel weak and at a disadvantage, I want it to be about SURVIVAL and not just another shooter

the aliens part should be about survival at first, you need to start as a facehugger because that's the fucking best, and then about expansion, about securing a nest space and then slowly overtaking an outpost or something

the predator part should be about the hunt, again, it NEEDS either bigger maps, or an open world to shine, linear maps just make for boring ass gameplay, it should be about leaving no traces behind and about hunting the bugs, only going after humans when/if they ever see you

No joke, I would love a AvP2 remaster, the multiplayer was fun as fuck.

>maps much more linear
much less*
brainfart

this honestly, bc whatever they come up with on their own will probably suck

I'd make it more like kunoichi 2: fall of the shrine maiden

AvP2 with a better lighting engine would be pure sex. Nerfing plasma pistol would also be pure sex.

What if, for predator:
>you originally go to a planet for a hunt with your clan brothers, playing as a blooded hunter supervising a party of unblooded youngsters alongside another blooded hunter
>it's a planet commonly used for inexperienced hunters, dangerous animals but nothing too crazy, certainly no xenomorphs
>since it's a pretty low maintainence job and not really your place to intervene in the hunt you go off on your own to collect some sweet trophies, the other supervisor leaves on his own too
>slay some local fauna when you happen upon humans. This is unexpected, you weren't informed they would be here
>decide to follow them back to their compound, pretty undeveloped so far, nothing major
>infiltrate their compound and see one of the unblooded hunters also stalking the humans
>suddenly he gets blasted by an energy weapon that somehow manages to see through his cloak, killing him instantly
>have to escape and leave the corpse behind for now, send out a message and tell the other supervisor and unblooded to regroup
>you all storm the compound and kill all human witnesses and retrieve the corpse, but not before they were able to inform their higher ups of your presence
>also find the reason the humans were here, frozen xenomorph eggs everywhere in storage containers
>one of the containers broke open during your assault and all the facehuggers escaped
>your collective realises just how deep in shit they all are
>the rest of the campaign is you and your party trying desperately to erase all evidence of your presence before the clan elders can find out about your monumental fuck-up
I think it could be a fun story, it would definitely be nice to have creatures aside from humans, predators and aliens.

different fauna = different types of aliens = more gameplay for everyone involved

yes

Reminder that this franchise is over

Attached: AVP never ever.png (595x596, 329K)

>kills the series
>also kills this thread
based

Well, shit. I wasn't aware of this.
Not only the new movies, but an MMO loot shooter.
We had a pretty good run, though, didn't we?

Attached: IMG_0927.jpg (480x305, 30K)

I liked the new Alien sequels. The recent Predator movies were fucking youtube tier though.

Since AVP, Aliens and Predator are dead, what franchise would fit with AVP2 gameplay ?

Attached: 1540413563311.gif (444x272, 1005K)

What we want in AVP4 Yea Forumsros?

Aquatic xenomorphs.

Attached: 830px-CM06.jpg (830x471, 137K)

Lots, aside from alien it's pretty generic. Not that that's a bad thing, of course.

>larger, less linear maps
>story that makes sense and is actually fun to play through
>alien gameplay where you can switch between bipedal for combat and quadrupedal for speed, also alien life cycle
>predator gameplay with more movie-accurate weapons and less restrictive mobility
>marine gameplay with a focus on survival and horror elements alongside standard combat with a good balance of light and dark areas
>weaponised power loader vs alien queens

The canon-order in Avp2 (not Primal Hunt) is "Marine", "Predator", "Alien".

The canon order for Primal Hunt is: "Corporate", "Predator", "Predalien".

A parallel side-campaign where you play as either species and war over a given region of space, then zoom in to a pseudo-RTS layout and battle when you come into conflict. Kind of like a Dawn of War-type thing, you upgrade your Alien Queen/Elder Hunter/Corporate in RPG fashion the more victories you attain.
Alien Queens become more genetically advanced and mutated, Elders get more trophies and win over more clans, and Corporates get more sway from the board and can start calling in the bigger guns.

Attached: 299-1-1482008181.png (670x376, 149K)

Attached: pjiWHRy.jpg (192x204, 10K)

I loved this game.
youtube.com/watch?v=19xNzEbKHiM

Attached: wallpaper01.jpg (1024x768, 127K)

Sounds too big to be a parallel side campaign and not its own game. Also, pic related.
>ywn play an Aliens RTS
I don't think that predators really fit the RTS formula, so if I were to be in charge of making one I'd just make it a standard Aliens setting with xenos and marines.

Attached: IMG_0928.jpg (220x266, 20K)

Yeah, I forgot to mention I was thinking of this game as well.

I just want to make and run my own Hive, mostly. I think you could achieve a kind of campaign with a set of maps, one for each planet region. But I agree that Predators don't really fit the mold very well.

Attached: chiara-berrugi-alien-finisch-bn.jpg (1920x1279, 453K)

Predator gameplay could be more like Commandos or JA.

Which fits with the idea of asymmetricality. I wouldn't mind a really drastic shift - Aliens are a Hive-based RTS to fit with their Hive Mind nature and the fact that they tend to go down like flies in AvP, Predators might be a Commandos structure for groups or a first-person game like we got, and Marines get a much more survival horror experience.

That's be kickass.

Literally nobody wants another Alien-themed RTS.

I would like one as long as it had no predators and the designs stayed true to their movie/comic counterparts. You know, none of the blue and green warriors from Extinction, for example.

Attached: chs.png (313x260, 45K)

Could we like have a different type of alien vs predator game?

Like? I personally love the intertwining FPS campaigns for each species thing that's been going on for years now, but what's your idea?

Attached: Ayylmao.jpg (600x600, 193K)

3rd person shooter and each campaign is really long and the story being in depth and they add more to the game with more abilities and more access to the environments and weapons.

Sequel to concrete jungle.

3rd person camera might not work so well with the super fast wall-crawling shit alien gets up to, it barely held up in Predator: Concrete Jungle at some points. Really long campaigns for each might also be quite difficult to pull off, they would probably be better off just balancing their time between the three campaigns to make them shorter than usual but longer when you add them all together.

>hey guys we are remaking avp2!
>nvm lol we butchered it
I dont know how you mess that shit up but they did and I have no hope for any future games in the franchise

God damn we need one so bad for today's gen...

>tfw even many people 20 and over will have experienced AvP3 as their only AvP game
As a zoomer who bought the original games from eBay while young, I'm glad I could experience them.