What happened to the arcade?

What happened to the arcade?

Why was it so big back then, but now it's tiny in comparison?

Attached: 1555870819763.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Keep saying it

>not evenly spaced apart

Just go to Japan. They've still got arcades there.

>tiny

There are two arcades here in my city that are always filled with people during the weekend. Maybe you should get out of you house more often, OP.

Arcade provided better grafics than consoles at the time.

Attached: 1510202386381.png (723x1023, 1.09M)

It's in your pocket retard. The bus is your arcade, the waiting room, etc. It's the same thing with movie theaters, libraries and dedicated music rooms, why the fuck would you spend shitloads of money there when it's all on your phone?

>Keep saying it
I keep seeing this, what's the context?

I din't realize he is a manlet.
Also hasn't lost weight in over a year and doesn't even intendo to.
Woner if he brother will die before him

Attached: boog.jpg (1200x900, 210K)

I remember seeing these at walmart for about 300 and its about 50 for the extended things at the bottom, so this fat cuck spent about 1750 of other peoples money on shit that probably is just there for looks. So congrats to whoever is reading this because this could've been your life, if you just had a little initiative.

imagine the smell

this. like the fat fuck is actually going to stand there and play

Keep saying it

It's boogie the one who's big.

THIS IS A FUCKING VIDEO

Lately it's become trendy to have le retro raspberry 2p arcade stick with le plenty emulators inside, standalone or with the monitor.
$6-800 for shit that can run on any pc because most of those sticks don't include PS2-GC-DC-Wii etc emulators, just the earlier shit.

People will keep saying that arcades died because of consoles, but arcades crashed in 1994, which was before the PS1 ever came out. The real reason was that the cost of property and utilities skyrocketed in the 90s as did taxes, and it simply wasn't profitable to run a business that made all its money in quarters anymore.

>Why was it so big back then, but now it's tiny in comparison?

It used cheat codes

This is not even an arcade. Real arcade cabinets are twice as big. Screens are twice as big. These things are just chinese knockoff overpriced garbage. I'd be embarrassed if I were him.

Boogie's pretty fat but at least he has an excuse, but what the fuck happened to the guy on the right? How is he even standing up?

Instead of using psychology on kids to get them to spend quarters, why not use even better psychology on them to get them to spend many dollars?

Arcades used to provide better graphics than home consoles, also it was the best way for people to meet up and play together even if you didn't know each other.

Multiplayer and next gen consoles/ PC killed it.

Americans have giant houses with huge tvs so they don't need an arcade experience.

Thats his little bro.

Boogies has no excuse at all btw

Things aren't even worth 100, the screens are garbage and it's all cheap material. The Wal-mart here just has them all piled in a corner like they want to pretend they're not there.

Remember to brush your teeth.

By 6th generation consoles had reached parity with arcade machines. The Dreamcast was just a NAOMI in console form factor. No longer any reason to go to arcades

Imagine the smell

Gawd dayum, lookit all dat bacon.

arcades are dying in Japan too, only a couple of big chains are left

Barcades are pretty popular these days. It sucks though cause its just a bunch of drunk normies on the weekend. During the week they are solid though, especially since its free to play as long as you get a beer.

No that's the other youtube cuck

Home consoles became equal and then more powerful than arcade machines.

There's no reason to go to one anymore

SALAD DODGING

Dr Pepper, I'm CIA

Attached: 45456.jpg (1280x720, 392K)

Arcades died for a variety of reasons, chief amongst them was the rise of consoles. In my mind, the ability of consoles to replicate Street Fighter II fairly well was the final nail in the coffin for arcades:

* No need for pumping endless # of quarters into machines
* Play with friends (as opposed to complete strangers) in the comfort of your own home
* Mom / Dad / Whomever doesn't have to worry about you going to the arcade
* They also don't have to drive you to / drive you from it
* No more begging the parents for quarters...

Sure, arcades lived on but there was just no need; Consoles could do the same job and do it more economically.

Arcades used to contain games that were way, WAY more advanced than any home console you could ever get. It was like playing all new advanced games or your favorite games on crack. That and I think people in the 90's in general were more open to the idea of entertainment outside of the home. Being some dude who stayed home all the time playing video games or watching movies made you a weirdo at the time. Now everyone does that shit because high quality entertainment in the home is easy to obtain.

The day something so far advanced becomes a public only industry somehow is when the concept of an "arcade" will become a reality again. Like if intensely advanced VR happened that wasn't consumer viable that people would wait in line to use. I'm not sure we'll see anything like that again with how those sort of things work now.