Super Mario Maker 2 Thread

So what do you think about what we've seen in that baguette's stream?

Attached: ASS.jpg (600x400, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/a2ex59
youtu.be/Lj3iXziLnlU?t=48
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mario 64 is the only Mario game I liked.

I haven't watched anything related to this game besides what was shown in directs but I imagine it's just Mario Maker 1 with more stuff.

>No Mario Kart maker mode
Pass

Link to that stream?

>in that baguette's stream?
Nigger you better post a source right now

this guy was streaming it twitch.tv/a2ex59
But it doesn't look like it got saved, or nintendo got the footage taken down

Did we learn anything new? Good or bad?

No, there are gameplay changes and a handful of omissions. One thing noone mentions is that they casualized enemy-throwing my making things like Goombas and Bob-Ombs not bounce off of walls anymore. So if you make a level that requires you to break a wall by throwing a bomb that now has a pretty much guaranteed success rate

Haven't seen it in its entirety, but the hammer powerup looks fun I guess

This is the first I've heard of this, just nsmb only or across all styles?

i want this but i'm afraid if i buy it i'll only play it for like two weeks like i did with the first game

I'm only making kino ass race car tracks and ya'll don't like em too bad

wolf out

Huh.

According to someone who watched a stream from yesterday:
3dw blue blocks blink 3 times at its final destination then disappears directly after the 4th blink.
Growing normal yoshi eggs with mushroom makes it into a big red egg that gives red yoshi.
On/off blocks cannot be put on tracks. On/off blocks can be activated with cape spin.
You can't put a Yoshi or a 1-up in a checkpoint but you can put in a mushroom or a star. So it's not only in story mode.
Rotten Mushroom is night exclusive. Rotten Mushroom turns around and make 2 block high jumps constantly hunting your horizontal position
Koopa car sinks in water. POW kills the koopa and leaves the car.
Both blue and red POW is in 3dw. Red POW explodes with a 5 block radius. Multiple red POWs cause chain reaction of explotions. Red POWs dont destroy ? & !-blocks before or after they've been activated. The explotion itself activates !-blocks.
Cat Mario can hit blocks below him.
3dw red moving blocks can follow a path 10 blocks long.
3dw blink blocks does not kill Mario if he's behind them as they switch.
Airship night theme (or if it's just a general change) causes flying beetles to dip less from being jumped on.
Night Desert wind does indeed blow in various patterns in different styles.
Shellmet does not protect from falling icicles.
Climbing 3dw trees is a win-condition, at least in story mode.
Snakeblocks stops skewers.
P-switches and POWs are light sources in ghosthouse night. The "from heaven" effect illuminates the whole level for a short while.
You can throw items (grab block) through clear pipes.
Grab blocks kill enemies if you manage to throw it at them.

I saw it on a SMB 3 video. Don't know about the rest.

^Rotten Mushroom is night ground exclusive

>Shellmet does not protect from falling icicles.
I bet that's a bug

Icicles just pierce right through it, they're heavy and sharp enough

>find a deal for eShop credit on CAG
>buy it Saturday night
>still Pending with my credit card company
>order won't fill until the payment clears
DAMMIT I JUST WANT TO MAKE MARIO YOU FUCKS

any news on any leaked nsp? the game broke street date in france and european countries as a whole apparently

I watched the streaming and the guy completed 100% of Story Mode and unlocked the "Hammer", which is a power up that causes the player to use a Melee attack and make boxes materialize (if you saw the propaganda material, you should have seen a Toadette with some pink boxes).
The hammer can be used in the "Super Mario World 3D" style when you create levels.
Story Mode still has some things to do even after completing 100% and some levels for you to play. Things to do, as far as I've seen, are silly, like paying a Toad to create a pixel art of Mario, or finding a secret robot that lets you review the cutscenes of the game.
Apparently there is nothing in the game that allows you to create "campaigns" or simply put some levels to be played in sequence, which is disappointing.

wasn't really asking about that but thanks for the clarifications, I mainly wanted to know if the rom file had leaked

What controller ya'll using my bros?
Pic related gonna be so comfy.

Attached: images(7).jpg (243x208, 10K)

>Apparently there is nothing in the game that allows you to create "campaigns" or simply put some levels to be played in sequence, which is disappointing.
I could see this happening in a post-launch update. Seems like it wouldn’t be too hard to implement as they could just let you make a world map with the same assets as the infinite mario mode.

I'll probably play in handheld mode so I can use the touch screen

>icicles punch through it but thwomps don't

youtu.be/Lj3iXziLnlU?t=48

Twomps are actually made out of foam

I feel like this doesn’t confirm or deny anything, just that it COULD happen.

>being a dirty poorfag pirate

I'd laugh at you if it weren't so saddening

Attached: 1472253739918.jpg (167x175, 13K)

True but I think he's teasing it based on the way he acts

It’s hard to say. I don’t think he’d tease something like that in a random interview.

Him saying stuff like "I wonder" really is teasing it. It seems pretty big for just an update though, so perhaps they're already planning SMM3. I could totally see SMB2 coming though.

Is there a leak yet?

If he really was teasing something, my guess would be a post-launch update or DLC. I’d be worried if they were already thinking about MM3 before the second game even launched.

Likely using a voucher for this game. Which games are rumoured to release around this time next year? Animal crossing seems to be the only thing interesting to me but if theres something like pikmin 4 or a new mario...

The E3 leaker said something about a new Warioware for switch, and it was the only thing of his not mentioned in E3. Let's hope it actually exists and wasn't just some cruel joke.

I think it's cool that ninty is doing the voucher, but I'm such a physicalfag, I can't bring myself to take advantage of it

I'm gonna use a SNES controller with wireless mod.