Steam Grand Prix thread

We could use a thread exclusively for the event

Attached: race_header_text_english[1].png (700x200, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/XORKlassic1
steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-753#grand-prix-summer-sale-2019
steamcommunity.com/id/KonkeyDong/
steamdb.info/stats/toplevels/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how do you use boost?

join a team and then click the
>BOOST TEAM [team name]
button

its fsded and it says I have 2100pts.
is it because my account is limited?

Attached: 00000000000.png (1071x327, 58K)

Even the sale mini games sound lame now. What happened to the fun ones ?

your max amount of boost you can carry is 2100
you currently have 0 of that so you need to do the quests to get more boost

They've pulled the game and are fixing things because people abused the system. You won't get to keep your games or your levels earned from the glitches.

sauce?
that sucks, but I guess it's understandable with everyone boosting their points

why is my max 119pts? I used to have way more before I used my boosts

sauce on that chief

same happened to me
I was at 1140 before and dropped to 140
so I have no idea about that

How do i fake the quests? I seen someone posting he had like 400 'play a TF2 casual match' already, but when i try to use SAM it just show me the normal achievements.

>your team: 4,056x
>other teams: ~300x
CORGICHADS WHERE YOU AT

What team gives you more pitstop coins for the actual discounts

It seems like capacity is a daily thing?

Reminder Valve will intentionally sabotage Corgi Chads so some other faggy team gets ahead like they do every event. Can't play fair.

>Start with 20 boosts
>1000 tokens per boost
>20,000 tokens immediately for basically clicking "ok" 20 times
I don't understand this game

maybe
I saw someone that maybe the capacity is reduced for everytime you boost
but I have no idea

This even is so trash. I hate the chinks at epic with a burning passion but at least they gave a straight 15$ instead of going through this complicated bullshit just for 5$. The fact that you need to buy 100 games just to redeem all your achievement points for one game should give you a warning sign for how bad this even was designed.

Attached: 1555786565084.png (640x295, 276K)

None. It's simple.
Every day you're given a point capacity. This capacity is based off how many games you own on Steam, how many games you buy during the event, points left over from the Lunar Sale, and you also get 100 extra capacity per day.
To get points to fill the capacity, you do 'quests' or cash in on games you have steam achievements for. You can only get points up to your daily capacity.
When you fill up your capacity, you can boost, this converts your points into coins, and also reduces your capacity by how many points you spent. If you have a capacity of 10k, it'll go down by 1k every boost until you can no longer spend points that day.
The assumption is that the capacity will reset back to its original value every day (with an added 100)
To sum it up, you cannot infinitely farm points, your overall capacity goes down every day until you reach zero, and you're also limited by the number of boosts you can do per day. Spend points to convert to tokens.

Attached: Gary_nazi.gif (160x250, 1.56M)

Go team Tortoise!

Attached: illdustyourassrabbit.gif (470x277, 1.44M)

This, I picked a team and have 30 boosts

Do I just use them all?

Heh yeah this is all unnecessarily convoluted for $5
>buy games for boost capacity
>complete quests for games for boost
>dont quest too much or you'll lose excess boost
>boost your team, but only x amount of times
>get tokens for boosting
>finally redeem tokens for $5

>The assumption is that the capacity will reset back to its original value every day (with an added 100)
Are you sure about that? I can't find anything about it in steam's rules

Thanks user

>your overall capacity goes down every day until you reach zero
Is the amount of tokens you get for a boost a constant?
Say you've boosted yourself down to like 50 in capacity, do you still 1k tokens if you boost for that amount?

I think you get 50 tokens if you use 50 capacity.

Ah gotcha

Do points convert to tokens at a 1 to 1 rate?
Say for instance I boost 1000, do I get 1000 tokens?
But then what is the deal with my 1076 number, if boosting spends 1000?
Can someone just explain all these numbers ffs.

Attached: Untitled3.jpg (1327x676, 134K)

it seems boosting to tokens do convert 1 to 1
I had 140 capacity on my last boost and it gave me 140 tokens

CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK CORGIS SUCK

Attached: galap_01_0.jpg (750x620, 158K)

My boost meter capacity was ~5k yet I only got 700 tokens today. What gives?

I have 30K points and no boosts fucking steam jews

Which games does steam choose as your "achievement eligible" ones? I have launched like 5 games with achievements and only 3 of them showed up on the page where I can pool their score into points.
Or do you need to play for X minutes before it registers the game?

You need to play for 30min

do i get a free game just for being on team corgi?

How does this shit even work? I just one of my last played game with Steam achievements and Im still at the same 1k tokens I started with

no, random people get selected

So what's Yea Forums's team? I'm seeing a lot of tortoise talk

only a select few will get free games on the winning team, not everyone

>Screwed up and did use an achievement game to get points today
>They're going to fix the bug tomorrow
Oh well, I got my badge I guess I can just ignore this whole thing now.

Birb

however the doggo is fucking smoking everyone

>these animal choices
wtf they all fucking suck

Is there a limit to the amount of games eligible? Or could I theoretically AFK every game I have with achievements unlocked for max gains?

Attached: 1544886906945.jpg (750x854, 58K)

>not joining Team Cock
Are you some kinda redditor?

Attached: 1479343276801.jpg (500x449, 72K)

Top 3 win free games for random people so joining corgi is pointless unless you just want to win

The things on my wish list that I want aren't discounted enough for me to bother with since I probably will never get around to playing them. The only one that's 75% off I STILL am not buying because it's too high when you consider the DLC makes the price more than double what the base cost is. As is with most games. Not impressed with this steam sale at all.

so just by coincidence i imported my character into borderlands goty enhanced yesterday and immediately unlocked half of the achievements gaining 34k points for the grand prix.
i could use 18k of them before my capacity ran out even though i only had a 4500 capacity.
is it bugged?

Can't stop the Corgi!

Brainlet here.
How do people get their fucking 100, 200, 1000 level badge? What's the fucking trick/bug?
I see niggers literally level up from level 10 steam to 100 and beyond easily.

Attached: 489032842082.webm (576x1246, 1.92M)

I heard you can buy the event badge multiple times

Yeah, 100 coins(points) for 1 level of badge. I have 5.5k (4.5k default steam reward for me). But that's way lower than some people have and only gets me level 55 badge.
How do these fag abuse the system so hard? There must be a way to easily farm points and trade them for badge levels.

Attached: 1557390838682.webm (202x360, 2.77M)

I only got 400 coins. How the fuck did you get 5.5k?

I still don't get why the cap decreases, nowhere in the rules do they mention it

Is there any reason to hold onto boosts and points?

Steam rewarded me 4.5k for previous purchases, activity. People with 100+ games or some high levels get similar numbers too.
The additional 1k I got from doing some achievements and playing games I guess? This shit is hard to comprehend honestly

Yeah it's retarded
After awhile it's just not worth boosting and you're better off saving those points for when it resets back up

Ok here.
I've worked some things out and since no one here seems to know what the fuck is going on either I have some light to shed.

So apparently the red number in the odometer is the boost meter capacity, or 3064 in my image.
The number 1076 is the current number filling my capacity, which is apparently expended (1k points at a time, or 1076-1000) when I used a boost...

The reason I can only claim 1988 points out of my point pool is that 3064(boost capacity)-1076(current points in boost meter)=1988.

But it's not like if I use a boost my capacity stays at 3064, apparently the boost (1000 points) gets subtracted from the boost capacity value as well, so the boost capacity value (in my case 3064) represents the total number of points I can obtain today (rounded down to the nearest thousand), or 3000 points (equivalent to 3000 tokens). The only way to increase capacity is by spending money. You get 100 points (or 89 points if Canadian) per $1 spent in your respective currency, but since boosts are also capped per day by however many you had to start (I have 4, some people have more?) this is hard capped by your number of boost multiplied by the boost value (1000), or in my case 4000.

So even if I spend enough money to theoretically increase my boost capacity from 3064, the maximum amount of tokens I can obtain is 4000...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I also don't know how the fuck people have enough tokens to level their badges so high.

I've got like a hundred shy of 10k, I don't know where to check exactly how much is from what but my account's from 2004 and I have like £3,000 worth of games.

>10points for taking crops in stardrew vallley
i can load save with 100000000000crops and have 100000000000000000boost?

>30k points from TF2 achievements but I can only redeem 700 of them and I'll lose the remaining 29.3k
It's not FAIR!

All these points don't mean anything without enough capacity. You can't increase capacity without spending a gazillion amount of money

>out of boosts
so now I just wait until the race ends?

>resets back up
Why do people keep saying that. Where do you get that information?

guide to get 15K tokens?

>the cap decreases
I thought the cap goes up by 100 each day

So I spent like €50 today during the sale today, if my cap resets tomorrow I should have a ~6k cap tommorow/next race?

Jeez, this is confusing.

Everytime you use the boost, the cap seems to decrease 1000 points

That's exactly what the post you replied to () says

Ok so to get boost points you do quests...
To get boost capacity you buy games (100 cap per $1 spent)
How do we get boosts? I only have 4 to start with but I'm reading some people here have tons of them.

>Daily Prizes: For each 24-hour period, three hundred users that contributed distance points to the first-place team will be randomly selected to receive the top game title ranked in their respective Steam Wishlists that is currently available for purchase at the time prizes are awarded, two hundred users that contributed distance points to the second-place team will be randomly selected to receive the top game title ranked in their respective Steam Wishlists that is currently available for purchase at the time prizes are awarded, and one hundred users that contributed distance points to the third-place team will be randomly selected to receive the top game title ranked in their respective Steam Wishlists that is currently available for purchase at the time prizes are awarded. Drawings will be held within 48 hours from the end of each period.

I started with a capacity of 14772 and 15 boosts. Each boost takes 1k so they gave me just enough boosts to use all of the capacity I started the day with. Since you got 4 boosts, I would guess you started the day with a capacity of 3,001-4,000. Is that right?

>End of Contest Prizes: The team with the most distance points for each 24-hour period will be awarded three Grand Prix points. The team with the second most distance points for each 24-hour period will be awarded two Grand Prix points. The team with the third most distance points for each 24-hour period will be awarded one Grand Prix point. At the end of the Steam Grand Prix 2019, the team with the most Grand Prix points will be declared the Grand Prix winning team, the team with the most second Grand Prix points will be declared the Grand Prix runner-up team, and the team with the third most Grand Prix points will be declared the Grand Prix honorable mention team. One thousand users that contributed distance points to the Grand Prix winning team will be randomly selected to receive the top three (3) game titles ranked in their respective Steam Wishlists that are currently available for purchase at the time prizes are awarded, one thousand users that contributed distance points to the Grand Prix runner-up team will be randomly selected to receive the top two (2) game titles ranked in their respective Steam Wishlists that are currently available for purchase at the time prizes are awarded, and one thousand users that contributed distance points to the Grand Prix honorable mention team will be randomly selected to receive the top game title ranked in their respective Steam Wishlists that is currently available for purchase at the time prizes are awarded. Drawings will be held within 48 hours from the end of the Steam Grand Prix 2019.

HOW????
WHAT THE FUCK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
4,017,548,564 exp from badge

I feel bad for picking the dog team. It's 100% going to bite us dog fags in the ass before this is over.

Yup you're right.
Still... is there no way to obtain more boosts?
Seems silly since you can obtain more capacity (and with it, points for the day) but you can't actually get the boosts to expend them than what you're allotted at the start.

how many sodas did this nigga drink?

Attached: 1559980520140.gif (220x257, 297K)

the boost number increases when you increase the cap. I had 2k cap (even though the FAQ says i should have 4.5) and I had 2 boosts available. I spent $20 and my cap increased to 4k and now I have 4 boosts available.

Is there any reason not to immediately spend all your boosts? Do they carry over to the next day? Is the same true for team attacks? Is there any reason not to claim points from games with achievements immediately? You can join a new team every day, right? So what's stopping me from waiting until right before the end to join the winning team?

Could they have come up with a more confusing system?

>5000 hours on garfield kart
How

>steamcommunity.com/id/XORKlassic1
>4,017,554,564 badge XP
>that's 4,017,554,564 tokens
>equivalent to spending $40,175,545
Sure, totally legit. No exploits here

>you can join a new team every day, right?
No. Your chosen team lasts for the entire event.

>it keeps going up
Yikes.

There is literally nothing good on sale for a real discount. Its all shitty 10-25%. Fuck Valve.

> Is there any reason not to claim points from games with achievements immediately
Well, it tells you how many points over your capacity you would be wasting so that's a pretty good reason.

Welp, I just chose corgi because they looked like they were winning without knowing what was happening, so hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me. It's not like any of us are actually gonna get free gaems anyways.

That's kind of lame.

where did you find this guy?

What in the world
He must have bypassed the boost cap somehow

>announcing to the world your exploits
>not spending the tokens on infinite discounts

Open up 5000 instances of the game (there are ways to do this without running the game), let them run for 1hour.

Who has the coolest car though? Blue looks pretty cool

I chose hare because I'm year of the rabbit and the only benefit to being in a winning team is for a chance at free games... which is astronomically small to begin with and gets even smaller the more popular your team is. Oh and for the type of badge you get:
steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-753#grand-prix-summer-sale-2019
I think birb and turtle looks the most aesthetic but eh, I already picked hare.

1000 of random rank #1 team gets 3 top games of their wishlist
1000 of random rank #2 team gets 2 top games of their wishlist
1000 of random rank #3 team gets 1 top game of their wishlist

And that 1000 is divided by the number of people in your team.
And even if I won, the games eligible for me (that I've ranked the highest on my wishlist and are currently available to purchase as per the contest rules) are: Cyberpunk 2077, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and A Plague Tale, yes a shitty group of games but I already own everything else.

All the games I actually want aren't even out yet.

So I'm going to calculate how many tokens I need to get the rewards I want (none of the backgrounds, they're all ugly), the emoticons I want and then rest pumped into badge...

His steam level suddenly dropped to 0 lol

>level 0
OH NO NO NO NO

EVERYONE IS LEVEL ZERO NOW
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1496996445257.jpg (1024x1024, 61K)

PANIC

Attached: 1438657013569.png (323x388, 304K)

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK
luckily i never bothered with profile customization, but imagine all those who did

So is this what Valve has been working on instead of actually developing games? Putting everyone's accounts on NG+?

>suddenly steam level 0
>not in a team anymore
>"There was an error joining a Grand Prix team. Please try again later."

Attached: 61032720.jpg (544x869, 65K)

>i did
They're gonna give my stuff back later, right?

Attached: 1560355643017.gif (400x224, 2.74M)

Welcome to the Epic Games Store, my friends.

Attached: epic-games-store.jpg (750x422, 28K)

FUCKING CHINKS HACKED MY SUMMER SALE

Attached: 1452144562070.png (633x758, 440K)

what the hell is this grand prix thing and is it mwl?

Typical Valve, trying some new event and punctually breaking it mere hours into it.
Now everyone is level 0, has no badges, and can't join racing teams

*Blocks your path

Attached: gog.png (256x256, 12K)

Adding to that, each racing team is losing points

you can "attack" other animals.

Yeah, but the attacks are proportional to the amount of users in the attacking team, how much they spent, and how many points they have.
Corgi team was close to 7K, now it's at half of that, and so are the other teams.
There's no way an attack to the corgi team, even a combined one from all the other team at the same time, would have took away 3.5K points.

EVERYTHING'S BACK TO NORMAL
STEAM LEVELS ARE BACK
BADGES AND PROFILES ARE BACK
USERS ARE IN THEIR TEAMS AGAIN

points are still halved

So can I horde my tokens until 9 July or do they get reset at the end of each day?

You can't earn more than X amount of tokens each day(someone did the math), but that amount is still lower than the highest available reward, so the only way to get that one reward is to horde tokens.
So, yeah you can.

>everyone whining
>I literally had the 5 buck discount within 10 minutes of the sale starting
I guess the bloodstained achievements I was grinding up helped.

I don't think you understand what people are complaining about.

Can you cash in coins for discount or is that only for the 15 000 prize?

To be able to redeem the 5 bucks discount you also need to have a meter capacity that can take that amount of tokens.
As example, at the start of the sale i had 9317 tokens, but my meter capacity is still at 1000, and I gave 2 boosts, so now i have 7317 tokens, and my meter is empty.
Meter capacity is affected by purchases during the sale, previous Lunar sale points, amount of games in your account, and amount of money spent overall on steam.
So if you had the 16K required for the reward and could use them, it means your meter was also at least at 16K as well, and most users' meter capacity is not, regardless of how many tokens they had at the start of the sale.

They probably removed the points that were added by people using exploits.

So, is everything fine now? Can I finally start this event and choose my team?

>BANNED
>level 29079
OH NO NO NO NO NO

steamcommunity.com/id/KonkeyDong/

lmao

why

Attached: 1532563988410.jpg (577x624, 83K)

>steamdb.info/stats/toplevels/
all cheaters exposed and banned

Some people were smart and used gorillion tokens on discounts or raised their level only "a bit" (like 200-300 levels).
Steam jews did it again...

how the fuck is this fair

I spent over $1000 on steam and got enough capacity for FOUR (4) PROFILE BACKGROUNDS

Attached: 1540942464928.png (975x389, 114K)

So I own over 800+ games, but I did blow all my lunar points back during that event, have yet to buy anything this sale, thousands spent.

Why did I have 0 and my boost meter is only at 100.

I think it's just server errors because they're getting really stressed right now, the guy's still at level 20fuck-all thhousand on my end

are they actually banned? are they barred out of all their games?

Attached: 1544294156652.png (641x879, 76K)

why is steam banning people? nobody cheated or exploited anything. steam willfully put out a system that allowed you to gain massive amounts of xp and people obviously started using it.

don't be mad because you didn't pick corgi geez

It's a joke from steamdb you retard. Nobody's actually banned (yet)

i spent 3x as much as you and only got 1 boost

>developer of steamdb got banned too

Attached: 1535577466929.gif (849x479, 1.09M)

how do you do this exploit

a reasonable person would assume a company would ban people for exploiting first before thinking "oh well it's obviously a joke"
so fuck you retard

Attached: 1553088946270.gif (300x168, 732K)

Read Konkey profile.

>play two comp matches and win
>only got 60 instead of 100
Very cool

What am i supposed to be seeing on it?

I joined the "secret discord" explaining the tech for fun.
Filled with 3rd world underage niggers talking in subhuman language and laughing.
Also just "dude use SAM lmao" in the chat. Cool.

Attached: 1539162786362.png (940x220, 141K)

You're just late to the party, not long ago everyone's profile went to 0, now it's been over half an hour that they went back to normal

so how does it work? asking for a friend

Attached: 1561356676169.png (720x720, 661K)

user do you know how steam works?
Here, I'll teach you: there's this thing called a "profile description" where you can type anything you want and it shows up on your profile. Amazing isn't it?

what does SAM have to do with the racing thing?

It's already patched retards. The people who did it will get their shit reverted later, and possibly eat a ban.

His badge is lvl 1 again on screen.

anyone know how long it takes for the recently played games to change?

Attached: 2019-06-25 20_11_57-Steam Grand Prix.png (1236x573, 464K)

>&
fucking hell
if valve stopped hiring pajeets, the exploit would have never existed

Can you stack a bunch of 5$ discounts on a game or are you limited to one discount per game?

Attached: 1512253670317.png (219x214, 62K)

ok, but what was the exploit

you have to play/idle for 30 minutes before they show up

Reddit is saying that SAM was used to earn/un-earn achievements to get points. But that doesn't explain how they got infinite boosters/capacity.

Maybe a side-effect of un-earning achievements is that the points became "unspent" and refunded the booster.

Someone in another thread used all his points to buy discounts and another user called him stupid for not investing in a once in a lifetime chance to boost his steam level.
How are people this delusional?

This whole thing seems needlessly overcomplicated and poorly thought out.

I've spent way more than that and had NEGATIVE 5,000 coins.

Attached: 0305082e1afa9ef344cecf2952bd644e.jpg (800x522, 72K)

The exploit was using the javascript console to redeem a negative amount of badge levels. Since you were redeeming a negative amount, it would increase your token count instead of decreasing it. So you could just claim -999999 badge levels and get a gorillion tokens.

Had nothing to do with sam.

Team Turt. Fuck corgis.

Attached: letitspill.jpg (480x320, 41K)

They really fucked up by making the teams four gay animals and a cool ass dog.

Literally no one is going to join any team besides Corgi.

>Imagine being poor on this day in the year of our Lord 2019
TotalSpend 2019-06-25 22:27:44.397 $3,985.52
OldSpend 2019-06-25 22:27:44.397 $1,019.66
PWSpend 2019-06-25 22:27:44.397 $0.00

Attached: Where the points dont matter and.jpg (527x459, 71K)

Oh god why does that image work so well

>14639 points earned
>max capacity is 3470

Good thing I farmed achievements yesterday. But what am I supposed to do with the extra points? What do you suggest I do?

Attached: 1561508373230.png (1062x514, 287K)

My odometer was -908 points for some reason, but in the pitstop it says that my account has 4000 capacity. I bought some games and it's 139 now. How that fuck is this even fair?

what the fuck is this goopy doopy language

Unless you spend a ton of money, you can't do anything with them.

Attached: Capture.jpg (368x262, 11K)

$580.07 total spent and this is what you do to me valve?

Attached: tf2.png (528x169, 17K)

Should I press the boost button? Do I have to spend points to use it?

You have 0 capacity, you can't use it. Or maybe you can but you get 0 tokens.

konkey's badge was reverted to level 1, but his account is still showing as level 20,000

I'm here, user.

It will update soon. A lot of profiles are already back to their normal level, including xpaw.

Yeah bought 106 badges and leveled up 20 levels.

I pressed it multiple times and my points have been reduced; however I got some tokens

>valves take is 20%
>this means you've given them at least $100
>cant even give you enough points to level up a worthless badge or a $5 off coupon
Why do people defend these cash whores again?

This is the best even since the 2011 summer sale event. I already got the $5 off reward haha. That 2011 sale was awesome. They had so many developer packages on sale and they haven't had as many since.

Attached: 164878931.jpg (800x481, 177K)

post them

Attached: x.png (1115x578, 447K)

Nah Op gotta save those stickys for important things! Like e celeb threads

doubt anyone can top this shitty taste in vidya

Attached: wishiwaskidding.jpg (766x526, 112K)

>a Steam sale that isn't about trading cards
What the FUCK?!?!?!!
I thought they stopped doing this forever.

For what it's worth, though, at least the trading cards didn't require spending hours per day in order to participate. I just physically do not have time for this minigame if it requires doing achievements and shit in games every day. I have a job.