Hack your Switch. All you need is a paperclip and a SD card reader

Hack your Switch. All you need is a paperclip and a SD card reader.

guide.sdsetup.com/

Attached: he_bought.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TXEc9xDms7s
nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/nandrestore/
gbatemp.net/threads/switch-informations-by-serial-number-read-the-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Newer models have had this patched

Is Emunand a thing yet?

Why does mario odyssey refuse to start on my hacked switch? Everything else works fine.

I'll wait till we get a free emunand solution, thanks.

But I want to wait until the Switch Pro.

>hacking your switch
>get banned
Nah, i'm not a teenager with no money anymore.

>he does not know

I keep thinking I want to do this, but honestly I still wouldn't play anything, I'd just sample a whole bunch of things I'd never really try in the first place.

I'm not poor.
I like online features.
Why would I do that?

I don't know, so enlighten me

>Switch Pro
has it been confirmed yet? WAnted to buy a switch now but I thought I'd wait until the end of the year.

ChadChinks > T*annoids

Better yet, just wait for the emulator to become more playable

Mini is all but confirmed. And Pro has been hinted at but isn't certain.

Nintendo may not even discuss these for a whole nother year so you have to make a call.

Not that I know of. I just wanting for some kind of stronger revision so there will be less FPS issues in games that are less optimized. Because of the developers can't properly optimize the games to run smoothly, then I have to bet on better hardware to help.

Of course is always an option too.

I've been playing Smash for months on my hacked Switch. If/when they ban me, I'll just buy a second one and it's still going to be cheaper. Don't know about you, you're obviously millionaires, but I'd much rather buy a better graphics card/monitor/whatever than pay for shit I don't have to.

Attached: dc.jpg (1024x768, 89K)

>millionaires
nah bros, we are just not living in third world without jobs
i've seen a lot of SA posters and shit on every board, you guys can go ahead and pirate anything you want, not like life is any easy there in the first place

I would but there's so many fucking outdated guides I just can't be bothered to piece all the information together.
That website you linked alone was last updated Dec 2018. I just want it to be as simple as 3DS was

hacked my Wii when I was younger. shit was cash. hacking consoles doesn't really appeal to me anymore though. not worth the risk of getting banned, not to mention the hours of troubleshooting to fix random problems because you're not using the console as intended. yeah cheating in games and doing custom themes and pirating games isn't worth any of that.

Is there an exploit without paperclip already? Because I think new models had this fixed

sort yes and nope, nintendo actually tighten their shit this time
so if you don't have the hardware exploit one you need to be on low firmware, which both scenario isn't possible if you are buying new (from actual stock) now
I actually have 2 (both are exploitable), well I got one and my brother got 1, we hacked one and just put on shit we wanted to play but not really want to pay and switch around. The other one is normal and to be use to play online and shit we actually buy. It still come out cheaper than buying all those games desu

>enough money to buy two switches
>god forbid I pay for video games!

I'd rather not get banned from online services, thx

Ugh, bro, stop. I'm not poor, you're not poor. And I don't live in South America. But neither of us is rich enough to not profit from having free videogames. Case in point, you - if you think being able to buy videogames is being rich, then you're obviously not. I don't understand why I should pay for shit I don't have to. I'll save that money and upgrade my PC instead, or do a thousand better things. If you wanna spend your cash on perishable goods to "dab" on us pirates, be my guest. I'll spend the money wisely.

user I still pay for games, but I won't support half ass ports from the like of capcom and SQ and then charge near full price for them. 30 bucks for digital only re and 40 bucks for ff games in 2019? cmon now. I actually buy and support a lot of indie but those lazy big 3rd party companies can go suck my dick

>if you think being able to buy videogames is being rich
nigger you are the one who calling other people millionaires in the first place, the fuck are you trying to projecting this shit for???
nobody asking you to pay or not pay, you are free to do whatever you want. i replied that whole post because of the retarded '"you're obviously millionaires"

No thanks, I don't wanna be banned. I'll wait til they fix that shit.

probably in a few years I will

Why would I hack it?

Only when the new models get hacked and if i can still play with online

Hacking was mostly worth it. Smash is the only thing I would've played online, but I can't find anyone local to play with

I also got banned before the whole emunand thing, so tough shit for me I guess.

I got serial number'd

How can I know if I got serial’d? Is the ninty account banned or the physical switch? If I get a new switch can I access my ninty account and purchased eshop games?

my switch is hacked and i don't even know what games to download hbg shop has so many, but it's annoying looking through the games.

Your switch gets banned, but not the account. My switch got banned when I was transferring saves over and I bought a new switch and I still use my account right now

Awesome! How can I know exactly if I got hacked?

>Hack your Switch
>Can't go online with any game
>Have to buy the games anyway and also a 2nd Switch
>End up losing money

Attached: 1396134518726.gif (180x230, 1.94M)

If you mean banned instead of hacked just go to the shop and it'll tell you there, but I'd highly suggest not using any online features. As far as a new switch all you have to do is just remove your old switch as the 'primary' switch and make your new switch primary.

But if your current switch isn't modded I'd suggest just modding a completely new switch instead of the one you're using now. Saves a lot of time.

Yeah, banned. Sorry. Already hacked my current switch but never used ninty online services. I did purchase a few games on eshop before hacking

Yeah your main account won't get banned unless you are actively trolling people online if i recall.
What happened to me was I modded my first switch and then bought a second one and I tried to use a program to move my saved data over and for some reason that's a big no no so it got banned. My first switch isn't banned though. I had to buy a third just to play games online that I wanted to unfortunately.
You could still download any games on another switch with your account, but you'll get the 'verifying if game can be played' bull shit message

>brick your switch

No thanks. You're almost as bad as the PC people who insist theres nothing worth playing on the switch while desperately begging Emulation Devs to hurry up and make Switch games playable.

Attached: seriously.png (1031x925, 1.64M)

You won't brick your switch if you're not retarded.

How well can the switch emulate gamecube / ps2 games now? Ps1 and down runs great on it now right?

>people who use women reaction images are as stupid as women

Why is Yea Forums so technologically retarded and also against piracy?

I don't see the point in hacking something I want to play Splatoon 2 on a lot.

That didn't answer my question.

Since the switch has released there's been constant "next month is the new version announcement!!!" Then became next year, it's all speculation and no facts

Because pirates actually pirate, and the people who don't are retarded children afraid they might break their christmas present.

Neither did you address my concern. So it seems we're at an impasse.

I don't see how not wanting to hack my switch means I'm anti-piracy, I just don't care for it.

Who the fuck are you? What's your concern?

Can you read? Do you have brain damage?

>Hack your Switch. All you need is a paperclip and a SD card reader.
It hasn't progressed to the point of 3DS or even Vita-tier easiness yet, and I'm already swamped on my backlog with other consoles.

If the Switch Pro turns out to be real, maybe I'll give it a whirl, but not in any rush right now.

Lol, but user some of us are. Not a dig at you, do what you want, but not everyone here is that poor

>the game is old, therefor it should be free

I can't I have a new switch

>Trying to explain simple logic to an ape that worships billionaire companies
Man, don't even try. I appreciate your efforts, but they're just too dumb

Attached: 1560044449533.jpg (640x454, 46K)

>I already paid for X game, but since now it's on another console I gotta pay for another copy!
Tell me how I know you're an imbecile

>Ask a question
>"DURR I only play one game."
That doesn't answer either why Yea Forums are technological incompetent or against piracy.
Then you ask if I have brain damage.

>I paid for this car therefor I should get every newer model of the car for free

I have the Smash Bros bundle switch

So why is Yea Forums so against piracy?

You still didn't address my concern. I like to play Splatoon 2 a lot, meaning I like to play online. So why should I hack my Switch and lose that capability?

>"I don't want to be banned!"
Ok, then the first thing you should do after launching RCM is do a full NAND backup
youtube.com/watch?v=TXEc9xDms7s
Then put that backup in a safe place, make multiple copies in different places too
When using homebrew stay completely offline with airplane mode
When you want to go back to online play, restore your NAND backup
nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/nandrestore/
No need for emunand or worrying about bans. Just whatever you do, DO NOT UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE BEFORE RESTORING IT

Again who the fuck are you? You didn't need to reply to my question. You added no insight at all.

Not only you used a car analogy, you also missed the point entirely. You're one rare breed of dimwit, congratulations, I guess.
But let's bow down to your level for a second and do some retarded thinking:
>I buy car
>I choose to move to another city
>Sorry, you can't use the car you purchased previously there, you ought to buy a new one in the city you're moving to
Sounds stupid, doesn't it? You do too

Should I make the >implications even clearer for you then, brain damaged user?

Why should a person hack their Switch who wants to play online games like Splatoon or Smash? For what purpose would there be in losing online capability for potential free games if the online capability was enjoyed?

Choosing not to pirate isn't against piracy you fucking retard.

METAL GEAR SOLID 3 HD

Except that's not what is happening.

I skimmed through a bunch of autism being flung and don't care to read through it, do I buy a switch now and sit on it until the FW is ready or do I score an older model off of ebay?

doesn't emunand fundamentally remove the need for nand backups? you can easily just switch to the emunand for your cfw needs

Good luck

>A dev pumps out a game from years ago, reselling an outdated product with little to no differences from the original, charging 60 dollars.
>A multiplatform game is now playable on another console on which it was previously unavailable, but hey, the copy you bought on the other console you own hasn't already proved that you actually purchased the product! Oughta buy another!
Do you like this way of thinking?

So when new firmware I should
>restore backup
>update to new firmware
>make new backup
Is this right?

Maybe I'll just play through every Dragon Quest and SMT game I can emulate and a hacked Switch will be $150 on ebay by the time I'm done.

huh, guess i might actually try out homebrew, then if all it takes is some precautions

>Can't go online with any game
Smash and Mario Kart are literally the only two online games worth playing
>Have to buy the games anyway and also a 2nd Switch
What the fuck does that even mean? You don't have to buy anything, retard

yep, your console won't look suspicious that way

what are the benefits? I assume free games is the biggest draw? I havn't touched my switch in months, and am considering hacking it, but I don't even know what I would pirate if I could.

Yes. If you try to update the firmware before restoring you'll get into fuse trouble

And where is freeshop?

I have the money to buy any game I want... and yet I don't want to.
Getting those games for free doesn't change anything. Gaming isn't fun anymore.

so kys then

never happening, ninty wasn't quite so dumb this time around.

I'll hack it when there's a 0% chance of bans and I can also play online

you have to be a retard to do this

Basically this. With a free NSO sub and the rediscovery of my love of Splatoon, you can fuck yourself until it's safe.

Pretty much this
I hacked it a while ago but what's the point when I can't play half of the exclusives online

the Switch doesn't have a proper dpad so hacking it seems worthless to me

Yes

I'm still catching up on my vita and 3ds backlogs since I finally got around to hacking them, my switch can wait

Attached: Potatomon.jpg (400x309, 26K)

Look at 3DS

really?

Attached: 1560361117100.gif (170x170, 114K)

No system has this. Not even pc. Fuck off.

i farted and shulk came out
xcx is shit

splatoon is literal shit

I could play a pirated copy of Race Driver GRID online.

Playin' Odyssey on Atmo 0.8.9 just fine.

Attached: 1546901346482.jpg (750x828, 40K)

I can play online games on my 3ds just fine

rip etika

It barely runs PS1 games.

If Emunand is set up properly, am I still able to play online when that's not activated? Only even considering it because I refuse to buy pokemon and it was the last thing I was waiting for.

This is why Switch will outsale PS4 eventually. Because the re-sale market is already destroyed. Putting CFW on your Switch taints it. It's impossible to remove ALL traces of it. Even wiping the logs on the internal memory (which is a hell of a process in itself) just looks suspicious because "Why are the logs empty?" and as soon as that Switch goes online and phones home, bam, all online services are disabled. It's impossible to do a clean un-install that looks natural. Once it's hacked, it can only be sold as hacked.

There's going to be a ton of lawsuits from assholes trying to re-sale their banned Switches and the new buyers getting screwed. It will be highly public and every potential Switch buyer will be warned not to buy a used one. The end effect? No used sales. Only new sales. What if every used PS4 sold was actually a new sale? How many units would they have sold by now? You get the idea.

I'm glad I removed my CFW and ran it for a while as vanilla before Nintendo started cracked down hard on hacked Wii's last year.

I have a new switch with 8.0.1 firmware?
Is there any hopes of it being hackable later on.

gbatemp.net/threads/switch-informations-by-serial-number-read-the-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

Waiting for emunand to be stable

/hbg/ shop exists you retards. sure you can't download games straight from Nintendo, but it's still fast.

Thank god mine’s older. Week after launch. Haven’t played it in awhile, maybe I should hack.

I will as soon as Nintendo releases a new revision so I can pick that up and hack my launch model
Sorry, I'm not trading my ability to play online for free games I'll probably end up not playing

It's almost dinner, don't you have a dick to eat?

There's nothing I can do on this that other handhelds I have already hacked can't already do.
Might as well wait until Nintendo stops supporting the revision 1 switch.

its a childrens game you pedo

Splatoon is good
But you also won't be able to use Super Mario Maker 2's online capabilities with a hacked Switch, which is the main draw of the game.

How hard is it to set up EmuNAND? I wanna keep using online with that setup but I remember it being a fucking nightmare on 3DS, especially with it not even having consistent boot success

Attached: 165749846.png (300x276, 130K)

you can play splatoon2 online with a mario aces certificate

Attached: IMG_25611(1).jpg (531x640, 146K)

My switch is the odyssey edition. I got it October 27th, 2017. It's almost certainly vulnerable to the exploits, but I'm scared I'm going to fuck it up or something. But I'm also afraid because I plan to buy the deluxe switch whenever they decide to release it, and I think it'd be better to wait until a solid, 100% successful mod is avalible.
I will admit that piracy and emulation are very convincing factors though. Getting certain Switch games are massive parts of my disposable income rn

mini has peripherals already being made I think
no idea about a pro version

Is it 3DS level Freeshop/CIAs yet?

>Not persistent
Meh.

>want to hack my Switch
>don't want to get banned
It's a hard knock life

Attached: 1557892667352.jpg (1090x1128, 295K)

>Hack your Switch. All you need is a paperclip and a SD card reader.
And a USB C cable. And a jig.

I'm hoping if they release a Pro/Mini they'll forget about the exploit and the Switches can be paperclipped.

No emunand unless you buy chinkOS right now, but it's really easy if you do have it

There are already patched versions out and in production

>chinkOS
>buy
???????????

Attached: Speedwagon.gif (500x281, 493K)

>what is emunand
lol

tfw patched unit

>why I should pay for shit I don't have to
Exactly. Why pay for PC parts? It's not necessity and you can easily get them for free.

Yeah and good luck finding the first models at this point. The Switch isn't the wiiU or Xbox One were you could find the launch boxes for years.

Yeah, just steal shit bro, you don't have to pay for things.

Nah, not getting a hardware ban like I got on my 3DS

Used. Cheaper. no game cost.

easy.

oh whoops forgot I'm not in /hbg/
that was the nickname for SXOS which you have to buy a pro version for or buy their jig&dongle

What the fuck?

Attached: Oof.jpg (1189x1200, 155K)

I have a pre-patch Switch and don't really have any desire to hack it right now, so I'm not in any hurry since I'll always have the option.

Yep it's like the Switch version of gateway 3ds. They might have a feature advantage right now but free solutions are eventually going to catch up and fuck over their business

Lemme know when I don't have to reupload the CFW everytime I turn it off. That shit sounds annoying.

i would but i have joycon issues

how do i not get banned when i mess with homebrewing

>paying for the absolute trashfire that is Switch online

how are those 300ms Smash servers and cloud saves for Splatoon working out for ya

seems complicated desu

Currently Atmosphere CFW makes it so you can boot into CFW once and reboot into CFW after that, as long as you don't completely power it off. Also, it isn't really a "reupload". You just plug the Switch into your PC, there's a utility that launches the payload.