Buying games (steam) vs. Piracy

What advantages does buying a digital game have over pirating it? Let's say on Steam for example. What I can think about:
1) Online functionalities (obviously)
2) Tracked playtime of all your games (I love this personally, it's nice to know it)
3) Achievements
4) Steam browser (for me it's really helpful, I only have 8gb of ram and play with desktop browsers closed)
5) All games updated (not a big deal since piracy also do this, but it's still a little easier)
6) Better download

Indirect advantages:
1) You help the companies that deserve it.

What more can you think of?

Attached: 1471280203922.gif (354x534, 208K)

steam is safer than piracy depending on how you look at it

I want to fug Hotarun

its good when i've changed computers to not have to re-pirate everything cause i don't have anything to back up my files on.

Good ones!

>4) Steam browser (for me it's really helpful, I only have 8gb of ram and play with desktop browsers closed)
I don't understand this point, how is the steam client an advantage for you fellow toaster kin? It must be smoother to not need another application to run.
>6) Better download
I'm not sure if this is true, maybe it is but I've never noticed.

>3
I don't usually care for them, but I think they're a fun idea to push certain challenges, it's fun when a lot of people are attempting the same thing and sharing their experiences with it and learning from it.

>indirect advantages: 1)
Mainly why I pay

As for other advantages, I suppose having your games saved to the cloud could be an advantage, so you don't have to juggle external hardrives to find your saves. I don't like it though because I'm a luddite who sabotages textile engines on the weekends.

>Buying games (steam)
>(steam)
If you're going to buy it at least but it DRM free and supports the consumer rights you dumb fuck

Some games come with cloud saving, so you don't have to worry about your progress getting obliterated if your PC explodes.

But only some games do this, which is kind of shitty.
Thank fuck my Darkest Dungeon run got saved

btw you can add non-steam games to steam and use the overlay for the browser and stuff

but you can get banned theoretically, so I don't do it.

go offline on steam then

Correct
FUCK DRM

Attached: gog chan (2).jpg (1920x1320, 889K)

Steam is not DRM, you can even use it offline.

If you need steam to launch games then it is drm

DRM free means you get the raw installer files which can be used on any PC for all eteriny with no extra launcher and internet required
Steam does not do that.
>b-but some games can be copied and they run
Some, not all.
The majority will give you an error message that it's not properly installed or that steam is not running.

And why is that a big deal? You'll always be able to install steam anyway.

No you won't.
XP users are now cucked out of their games.
It doesn't matter if it's outdated OS that nobody uses, it means you are at the whim of a corporation and they can dictate the conditions under which you can play their games.

>You'll always be able to install steam anyway
Why would anyone willingly be ok with this

>It doesn't matter if it's outdated OS that nobody uses
It does matter though, because it doesn't mean anything. Yes, they could do something really bad, but there's no reason to think they would.

>is it singleplayer?
pirate
>is it multiplayer/online/coop centered?
buy
>is it a literally who game you like?
buy

>absolute invigilation is fine because they would never abuse it!

Why is Yea Forums so against piracy?