I liked it

I liked it.

Attached: 69dfca92-ae4c-465b-a55a-322f1c8c5b34_1.68e44f088a6f651ee2164d57d7cd0f8c.jpg (450x450, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PbetJKOQB7k
sourcegaming.info/2015/08/17/sakuraibrawlquestions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

of course you did, only losers who 'main' characters disliked it

Ultimate > 4 > Brawl > Melee > 64.
This is fact.

Brawl was the best Smash game.

Subspace was kino

kusoge

Tripping was fucking dumb but I can't say I disliked the game. Subspace should have been expanded upon in the future games.
Also, no other reveal has topped SHOWTIME.

youtube.com/watch?v=PbetJKOQB7k

your correct, that is the release order reversed

Gameplay is garbage.
In game content is amazing.

They even turned off tripping in subspace because they knew that would be retarded.
I wish there was another subspace but sakurai is still salty over the cutscenes showing up online.

Ultimate>Melee>Sm4sh>Brawl>64

Game mechanics were bad but Brawl had THE best presentation and single player content.

I dunno, I personally think Everyone is Here topped all the other reveals.

Melee is the worst
>inb4 muh skillcap
Ultimate is just as tech heavy if not more, but with hundreds more matchups to learn

Same. It was fun as hell

Nah

Subspace's cutscenes were kino. Subspace's gameplay was boring.

Obvious bait but I’ll take it, explain why ultimate pro matches have 2-3 lives to melees 4?

>muh cutscenes

>I wish there was another subspace but sakurai is still salty over the cutscenes showing up online.

I think the real reason is that SSE was a massive resource strain that fucked with Brawl's development in more ways than one (we probably would of gotten Mewtwo, Roy and maybe the other Forbidden Five guys back if it wasn't for SSE). It obviously wasn't going to happen for Smash 4 due to them creating two versions of the same game at once, and it wasn't going to happen for Ultimate due to "Everyone is here".

The truth is, the only way we'll get stuff like Subspace or character specific Target Tests again, is for them to just cut down the playable roster down to like thirty or something. With Smash, you either get a shitload of modes, or a shitload of fighters. You can't exactly do both at once.

Melee > 64 > Brawl > 4 > Ultimate

There's quite a bit more thinking involved in Ultimate; hence the fewer stocks to make up for how many calculations they need to utilize. Things like attack canceling, wavelanding, and RARing are muuuch harder than tech in Melee. Not to mention the hundreds more matchups to learn, consistent changes to adjust to, and more. Overall it's a better and higher skillcap game

I did until I came back years later and it was slow as fuck. But it gave us PM so it has its worth

This but unironically

>melee the best
>ultimate the worst
Quite literally the worst taste out there.

i like this

Attached: Project_M_logo.png (553x180, 70K)

Brawl is the worst smash game objectively now

Melee is so trash kek, game feels so fucking bad to play.. slow as fk.. ..take a shower smellies lmfaooo

Sm4sh was trash and souless

Smash 4 was such a huge waste because of the dual development.

4 was dogshit

Melee = Ultimate = Brawl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4 > 64

Yeah I liked it too. Doesn't mean it wasn't shit

This. Should’ve stayed on 3DS. Smash Run was fun.

Video Game:
Brawl > Melee > 64 > Smash 4 > Ultimate

Gameplay:
Melee > Ultimate > 64 > 4 > Brawl

Ult = Melee > Brawl = 64 > 4

Brawl is my favourite Smash game but I'm still seething that we never got Plusle and Minun as playable characters like we were meant to.

>4 above anything

Attached: 1549950169778.jpg (497x330, 49K)

The only reason people shit on 4 so much is because Ultimate has made it obsolete. 4 had by far the best newcomers, with the most interesting and faithful movesets. It had just as many good remixes as Brawl, had much better gameplay than Brawl, had the most control options of it's time, and, if you want to take modding into the equation, it had the best, most diverse modding capability.
People look at it like it's dogshit now because Ultimate took literally everything good about 4 and improved on it, but that doesn't mean 4 wasn't great when it was out, either.

Friendly reminder that just because a game isn’t competitively viable does not mean that the game itself isn’t well made
Brawl was literally made to antagonize competitive playstyles but it’s still a really well made game

Objective truth
Melee > Ultimate > 4 > Brawl > 64
Gameplay itself, not linked to single player or extras
Melee > Ultimate > 64 > 4 > Brawl

This, Smash 3DS is amazing and it would've been so much better if there wasn't a Wii U version being developed at the same time.

Better than 4 and ultimate purely because of DI and SDI.
Brawl with the dumb hitstun shit off is as fun as melee.

My life was already going to shit by the time this game released.

The cutscenes were.

Both sides should have something to like, and Brawl failed to attract the more competitive crowd.

Attached: 1559633767835.jpg (1920x796, 195K)

Jackshit level of single player content (yeah I know >SP, fuck off, it is a big part of smash) and ridiculous amounts of air control, it is like you're fighting on the moon.

The artstyle was horrible, easily the worst looking Smash game

Attached: DkaTtSQXcAASU7s.jpg (400x329, 35K)

>64
>Dead last
Faggot

That's every game after Melee though.
Even Ultimate can feel stupid floaty.

as a casual game
ultimate > 64 > melee > brawl > 4
as competitive
melee > ultimate > 64 > 4 > brawl

>4 had by far the best newcomers
That's a load of shit.

Attached: nowmorerelevantthanever.jpg (474x412, 35K)

Can someone mod Ultimate to make the characters (new and old) look like Brawl? I know some characters looked gross in that game (Toon Link) but I'm just curious?

>4 had bby far the best newcomers
jesus no.
for newcomers it goes
brawl is the best by far. diddy, metaknight, first ever 3rd party reps in snake and sonic, wolf giving starfox a villain rep, zero suit samus beig a secret character like sheik in melee, ROB, pokemon trainer with the 3-in-1 character design. basically all the unique gameplay characters came about in brawl.

after brawl for newcomers, next best is probably 4 if we're counting DLC, or melee if we're not. ultimate's newcomers were kind of lackluster except K rool, ridley and banjo.

Brawl is a way better casual game, as it has better singleplayer content than all of them, and better items. its a great casual experience

brawl was't even fun as a party game though. it was ugly as fuck and some characters' final smashes were too strong/too weak.

At least we got an Adventure Mode for Ultimate with a few cutscenes, better than whatever the hell Smash Wii U did (Smash Tour), probably the worst thing Smash Bros ever did (Smash Run was good fun though.)

I wish smash run returned

why is sakurai so retarded with the sp content these days

I also still play this it's just easy to boot and the game looks great for a wii game. I play bowser, I just like to command grab.

>4 >
yikes

>Mega Man
>PAC-MAN
>Villager
>Shulk
>Bayonetta
>Ryu
>Little MAc
>Corrin

All of these characters had pretty good movesets, and all of them were incredibly faithful to their games. Smash 4 started the trend of actually giving Smash newcomers unique and FAITHFUL movesets, that were varied but also very reminiscent of their own games. (Even if some of the newcomers were trash tier-wise.
All the shit that Ultimate is being praised for, Smash 4 started.

Me too. Mods certainly helped though. Brawl Minus is dope as fuck

>Smash 4 started the trend of actually giving Smash newcomers unique and FAITHFUL movesets, that were varied but also very reminiscent of their own games. (Even if some of the newcomers were trash tier-wise.
everything you just said applies to brawl's newcomers, which came out 5 years before smash 4.

It’s not about the “amount of thought” you put into a gameplan because that’s an arbitrary estimate, but rather it’s about the speed of the gameplay itself

It’s really important to understand that how fast a game can be played relies on the way the game is developed. Brawl cannot be played as speedily from Melee partially due to the reduced movement speeds across the board, removed technical aspects like wavedashing that serve as tools for more intricate spacing, and so forth. Instead, in Brawl the characters have so many more tools that they can catch and put you in that paradoxically have limited defensive options, such as infinite jab locks, infinite grab combos, etc.

This is why the game has to be played at a slower pace because each interaction could lead to a very long damage inducing situation, so the “neutral” is cripplingly slow, in addition to the slower game speed

Competitive Melee is such a fast paced game that you can lose stocks so quickly from things that take virtually no time like shine gimps and knee combos

If we’re going with the idea of equating how much skill is needed to play at a high level, you can easily see that a lower amount of stocks is less repetitive for a slower game than for a faster game. No one wants to watch that if it’s not entertaining. There was a bit of a regional issue with whether Smash 4 should use 2 or 3 stocks because of this

>next best is 4
>Not Melee adding Ganondork, Bowser, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondork, Peach, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, and Mr G&W.

Ike could never make fire with his sword

Ultimate > Melee > 3DS > Brawl > Wii U > 64

>why is sakurai so retarded with the sp content these days

Again, they'd probably be because they decided to focus on having an assload of characters, which obviously makes it harder to do more extraneous modes.

I think the issue with doing Smash Run again is you'd have to create a shitload of new HD models for all the enemies. Smash 4 got away with this by having the mode exclusive to 3DS, and ergo it was easier to port over models from other SD games without it looking too jarring. It's kind of the whole reason there's so many enemies taken from Kid Icarus Uprising.

Attached: Smash-Run-625x350.jpg (625x350, 46K)

right, actually now that i think about it, melee had great newcomers too. it's difficult to say who had better ones, though. melee overall had some fantastic ones like ganon, mewtwo, bowser, peach and roy, but some weird ones like game adn watch and ICs. i feel like brawl's were more consistently good, but nothing revolutionary like finding out you could play as bowser/ganon in melee.

I had fun with it for the first year because I was in college and we all played Melee a ton and then this was just the next logical step. Melee was better.

I was really happy for Ike, PT, Wolf, and being Giga Bowser, but they're not nearly on the same level for most people.

i know you zoomers are too youg to remembber it, but when snake and sonic were announced for brawl, this board went apeshit. the whole internet did, really. nothing has ever compared to those reveals. also, looking at it now, anyone else think it's weird that despite having 75 characters, ultimate only has 6 newcomers (not including DLC)? that seems ridiculously low.

>4 had by far the best newcomers,
Hmm... Well, for the case of Mega Man and Pac-Man (as well as Little Mac for me) those are pretty damn good choices, with Cloud and Ryu also being quite enjoyable, but let's be real here...

>Ridley
>K.Rool
>Simon
>Isabelle
>Joker (not for me, but plenty of friends I had wanted him as a want and they were thrilled when he was DLC #1)
>Banjo-Kazooie (Personal Favourite)

All those characters are, in my opinion, way better than most newcomers in Smash 4, as they honestly seem like picks that make total sense in context (fans have clamored for Ridley's inclusion
for years! Since Melee. With K.Rool coming around Brawl's time and Banjo with Smash 4's DLC) and have made fans far more satisfied than others that came during Smash 4's time like Wii Fit Trainer (which was a surprise character) or Corrin or even Bowser Jr.

Literally only Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, and, in a bad way, Wario, had inspired movesets that featured shit from their actual games. Nearly every Smash 4 newcomer was unique and had different, faithful movesets. If not for Smash 4, K. Rool wouldn't have any moves from his actual games and would just punch everything.

Soul is a dumb buzzword, but Brawl undoubtedly had the most

Why do people always use this image to justify the artstyle. I always thought it was far more unique compared to every Nintendo game at the time. And I'm very happy Ultimate kind of went back to this style.

Attached: 1560545598759.jpg (835x567, 99K)

I suppose I agree with your point. The point of what I was saying is that Ultimate wouldn't have had such amazing newcomers if Smash 4's newcomers didn't set the trend of being unique and faithful to their games.

As true as that may be, it would never have been that way. If it were only one, it would have been wii u.

Attached: goty.jpg (1920x1080, 160K)

Redpilled taste

Brawl and Smash 4 are the extremes of spectrum.
They both look like shit for different reasons.
Ultimate is a nice mix.

you forgot pokemon trainer and wolf as well as D3.

Ultimate>Melee>Brawl>4>64

Fuckin true. I never went back after getting the newest one.

Slap City > Project M > Rivals of Aether > Ultimate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else.

Ultimate looks awful and washed out, and the lighting in that game is fucked. It makes a lot of stages difficult to play on because it's either too dark or too busy. It's honestly the worst smash game art direction-wise outside of a few character designs.

I did too, my most played wii game. Almost 100%'d but some of the boxes were insanely hard.

I liked the subspace mode, it got tedious at times sure but was fun having an actual story in smash bros

>wolf literally another fox clone
>Trainer does generic fire, plant, and fire moves with Pokemon attack moves tacked on
>Dedede literally just swings his hammer around, and throws Waddle Dees
Having a move or two from their games isn't what I mean. I mean having an entire moveset that revolves around their appearance in a certain game. Look at Bayonetta, Mega Man, Ryu, Ness, and PAC-MAN for that shit.

>undertale
>better

Smash was originally made with a "fun for casual play, but with enough under the hood to appease the more hardcore players" mindset
Don't know why Soccer Guy reeee'd so much about players applying that design philosophy that he had to tip the scales heavily in one direction
It's just stupid

>water, plant and fire moves*
My bad.

>wolf
>a clone

I played through it multiple times. Even did a Hard runthrough with just Zelda one time because I was feeling masochistic.

Ok, more like a semi-clone. My bad.
His moveset is still very derivative of Fox's moveset, and the things he does that Fox doesn't are generic slashing moves that any other character with claws does.

Literally the only same moves he has with fix are Shine, Blaster, and Up-B.

They're completely different characters, it's like saying Ike is a Marth clone.

I think Ultimate has the worst newcomers not counting DLC. Smash 4 without DLC has some pretty significant newcomers. It feels like everyone forgot that Megaman was one of the most popular third party requests for the longest time.

Half of his other moves are not very different from Fox's, though. Just because his side B goes slightly upwards and spikes doesn't change that it's basically Fox's side B.
Wolf is literally just a Fox semi-clone with a pinch of Bowser thrown in.
And Ike's moveset is also pretty boring and droll, but I guess that's moreso because he's from a series where you swing swords around in a slow and boring fashion.

To be fair, the main reason he got into Brawl in the first place (while Krystal didn't) was because he could be heavily based on Fox/Falco

sourcegaming.info/2015/08/17/sakuraibrawlquestions/

>For Krystal, we didn’t have any of the technical modeling knowledge that we had cultivated with Fox and Falco, so it was like making a brand-new character from scratch. And because of the limited amount of time we had, creating Krystal wasn’t realistically possible. On that point, with Wolf we already have some knowledge of how to model his character, and would require about 70% of the effort required to create a whole new character.

He's not a clone, but he was clearly built on the foundation of Fox. Hence why they have similar specials and the same Final Smash.

I love how Wario is based morr on his Warioware aesthetic than his Wario Land. Nothing against that game series, I like them, but honestly, I always prefered the wacky style of Warioware and the "stilted" animations he has referencing the Warioware series. Just something I can identify more with I guess.

That I can agree with. Smash 4 was way too sugary in general for a lot of characters. If you were to look at the models of the game and the textures of them (via The Models Resource) textures are almost completely solid colours! With no normal or specular mapping to them. It was shocking to see that actually. Link looked real good in Smash 4 though, better than both Brawl and Ultimate.

Attached: LinkWiiUVersionE32013.png (1280x720, 2.34M)

The stages in Ultimate are an absolute clusterfuck. They almost all have one le ebin feature that will KO you, forcing you to turn the stage to omega/battlefield mode.

Battlefield and Final Destination are pretty fine, I think.

>forcing you to turn the stage to omega/battlefield mode.

You know there's also a hazardless stage option that retains the stage layout while removing the gimmicks, right?

Can I customize per stage?

I like my cars in Onett

Attached: 34.jpg (531x800, 111K)