Portables thread

What are you playing on your portables, Yea Forums?

Here's halfway my FF7 run and trying to decide whether should I play DQ3 on the Vita or the 3DS. Both handle SNES pretty well.

Attached: 20190622_220549.jpg (3264x1836, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3ds-twilight-menu-gui-for-ds-i-games-and-ds-i-menu-replacement.472200/
gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/
1fichier.com/dir/klSAMqcr
vita.hacks.guide/storagemgr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

played most of the warioware games over the past few days. Trying to get through superstar saga but a bit bored

I'm so happy people are playing DQ games now. If your 3DS is hacked put TwilightMenu++ on it and play through DQIV, V, and VI

not op but i have a hacked 3ds & am considering dq. whats TwilightMenu++?

why does the 3ds display fps user, is that an emulator?

I was into DQ waaay before The Hero's announcement in Smash but never really could play a lot of the games because RPGs are long games and I was studying.
Now that I've finished my studies and unemployed I have time to clearr some of my RPG backlog which includes half the DQ games.

Before Smash announcement I've already beaten DQ1, 2, 4 and 9.
Also waiting to make my DQXI preorder on Switch.

It's what allows you to play DS games on your 3DS without needing a flashcart. As in, directly from your SD.

Have you lived in a cave these last years? It's Snes9x for 3ds, yeah.

Playing through my second copy of TWEWY. Just got done beating down Pinky and Lollipop on Day 5 and having a blast.

Attached: EMPTINESS AND INTENSIFIES.jpg (620x930, 152K)

it is an emulator for ds, so you don't have to use a flashcard to play ds games.

oh right im running a flashcart for ds games currently, is there any reason to switch away from that? apart from menu autism i guess

i do really live under a comfy blanket of ignorance yea

Takes advantage of the DS side of 3ds, like nintendont allows you to play gamecube games on wii. Its NOT an emulator. I have a modded DSi i put this on that i paid 20 bucks for and it works fucking awesome.
gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3ds-twilight-menu-gui-for-ds-i-games-and-ds-i-menu-replacement.472200/

If i have a flashcart already, should i bother?

Does anyone have up to date 3ds/ds recommendation copypasta? feel like downloading some more

>Vita
Shovel Knight and Shiren.
Getting my ass kicked in both
>3DS
Loaned it out to my little sister nearly a year ago. Was playing through the GameGear Shining Force games beforehand.
>PSP
Getting lost in Ys II. Literally. I need a map.
>GBA
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Sorry, but I only seem to use handhelds these days. Console gaming is a meme.

Attached: 1555568925879.gif (496x492, 389K)

Flashcarts usually have a size limit for SD cards so you might as well pop infinite DS games in your 3DS card. Having everything in your 3ds for comfiness' sake.

It just makes things more convenient , i wouldn't if you have a flashcard set up already nah, i would install forwarders though if your flashcard is compatible gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/

>What are you playing on your portables, Yea Forums?
On my vita I have omega labyrinth on hold. On my 3ds, nothing for months but I'm not quite done with it yet. Right now I'm too busy in prep for the new XIV expansion.

I can give you some

DS:
Pokemon Conquest
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Dragon Quest 4,5,6
Rythmn Heaven

3DS:
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Super Mario 3D Land
Smash
Bravely Default
Dragon Quest 8

thanks, only tried smash out of these

based and handheldpilled.

I'm bouncing between Summon Night and Sword of Mana on my GBA SP (hgs101 aww yeah). Thinking about starting up Grandia on my Vita, and playing through Metroid Fusion and Link Between Worlds on my hacked 3DS. Handheld is the true way to game.

I’m debating on forcing myself to finish phantom hourglass

So fellow handheldanons, I've got a collection going now (SP, Vita, 2x 3DS, soon NDS and pspGo). I want to have a one-stop charging station kind of thing. I was thinking about pic related (forgive my shit drawing skills). Basically a board with (some kind?) of hooks to hold the devices, and feet on the bottom that allow the power cords to go to the back to a power strip. That way it looks decent, has cable management built in, and I don't have devices and charger cables scattered throughout the house. Thoughts? What do you do with all your handhelds?

Attached: IMG_1233.jpg (4032x3024, 2.36M)

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice on a 3DS, I'm at the last episode and it's a bit more calm than I imagined after what happened in episode 3, just some nice family time lol.

What about cheat/gamesharks?
It would be nice to have a bigger selection of DS games on my DS (my flash card is capped at 2GB), specially since my 3DS is basically just a regular DS as everything in the 3DS library sucks

Dragon Quest VIII is one of my favorite games form when i was little. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, played it on a train ride while moving states as a kid, holy shit its a monster hunting game like pokemon but on the DS i would argue it was the best monster catching/training game available, tons of stuff to do, respectable post game. Kingdom Hearts DDD is really good, Rythmn Heaven is a mini game compilation thats fun to pick up and drop whenever you feel like it (I compare it to parapa the rapper)

Finally got around to Soul Sacrifice Delta on my Vita and playing TWEWY for the first time on my 3DS.

Cheats are supported on TwilightMenu, it really depends on how big of an SD you have in your 3DS, DS games aren't big at all, most of em cap off around 50mb.

Or just buy an R4 for like 20 bucks

Or just use TwilightMenu and not spend the 20 bucks and play the DS games for free? Why the fuck would you even buy an R4 nowadays.

>What are you playing on your portables, Yea Forums?
Still just randomly wonder trading instead of ever planning to get further than the third trial in Ultra Moon and finally getting around to playing EO Nexus.

I'n halfway through SMT:IV Apocalypse and having a blast. Although I've just realised I don't have the DLC. Is it worthwhile to have? I'm playing on a EUR CIA and can't find the DLC anywhere for it.

Putting Redux on hold again.

Attached: 20190626_045050.jpg (720x960, 439K)

Did you search the google drive

Going through FFT:WotL on my Vita. I forgot how much infuriating RNG that game had. It's still great though.

how do i into SMT? i see it talked about here all the time. I don't even know what it is really, my guess was mix of persona & pokemon?

playing the greatest JRPG ever made (FFT) on Vita right now

Attached: jbareham_180301_2346_nintendo_switch_0034_mario.1530198920.jpg (1200x800, 128K)

What's the best way to play the first three dragon quest games on a New 3DS? GBC virtual console, SNES virtual console or SNES emulation?

Well, I was replaying SotN on Vita, but now that Bloodstained came out, it kinda lost its purpose.

Judgment via remote play on my bed

>Getting lost in Ys II. Literally. I need a map.
Palace of Solomon?

Ironically android/ios have the better ports

Scoured 3dsiso and I got the EUR cia from 3dscia. Tried installing the USA DLC on the off chance it might work but no luck. I might try install the USA version and transfer the save.

My first game was Devil Survivor on the DS which I downloaded by chance and loved it. So far though I have only ever played DS, DS2 and Strange Journey but they can be quite punishing. It's kinda like Pokemon in terms of combat and evolving/fusing. Give it a try and see.

gonna try ffix, maybe crisis core
plan to replay DQ IV-VI

It's like a more gameplay focused Persona game that's a bit edgier, gloomy and difficult.
I'd say start with whichever game sounds more interesting to you.
Strange Journey is a dungeon crawler.
Devil Survivor games on 3DS are SRPGs.
Digital Devil Saga games are more like traditional JRPGs with SMT elements mixed into them.
Nocturne and SMT IV are more of proper SMT games with post-apocalyptic setting, fusion system, press turn etc.

Switch fractured but whole
Vita freedom wars
3ds Samus returns

Maybe, but I don't want to deal with emulating Android since I try not to use my smartphone for anything but work.

Any other suggestions for 3ds (or PSP I guess)

>Vita
Technically have a stalled MHFU run otherwise nothing. Am thinking of moving my rub to pic related since I did a head to head and now can’t unsee my Vita Slim’s piss filter

>3DS
Chronicles of Xeno the Blade 3D, which is where about 80% of my game time has been going

>Switch
Online MP on MK8D, otherwise nothing

Attached: D5BA1BF9-A478-4E75-964C-34BB5535D7B0.jpg (4032x3024, 1.77M)

Did you do the registry edit for LCD display on slim Vita? It makes colors look more vibrant.

Attached: DKT233D_1.jpg (1007x1006, 158K)

Nice one, Hunterbro.

Didn’t know that was even a thing. If the thread’s still up in an hour or two I’ll try it out and post results.

>Sorry, but I only seem to use handhelds these days. Console gaming is a meme.
Same, there's little interesting that's coming out for console.

Can anyone help my dumb ass? I've recently hacked my Vita, following a perfectly straightforward guide, but now that I want to pirate games on it, I can't find any decent guides on how to install games. I can download torrents of them that look like QCMA backups, but that software doesn't recognize them and Vita Shell doesn't want to copy them either. All I could google up were some incomprehensible infodumps from reddit that tiptoe around the idea of piracy and only discuss the possibility of installing homebrew and emulators without even giving any explicit instructions.

Attached: 1602514_1[1].jpg (630x630, 43K)

have a road trip so i bought a 32gb SD card and threw a bunch of games on. only a couple days and i think i'm almost done with a link between worlds. might go bravely default next.

i'm somewhat interested in the series (golden sunfag here) but always feel a bit intimidated by how many games in the series there are. should i just start with the first 1? is there any preferred order?

Which version of superstar? Gba is superior to the 3ds

PKGj is the easiest way, but it is a bit slow because of the Vita's wifi speed. It's faster to use NPS Browser and then transfer the files to your Vita.

Kingdom hearts 3d is the worst game next to coded, I wouldn't go recommending it to anyone except series die hards

Trying this for the first time.

Attached: IMG_2660.jpg (3264x2448, 2.02M)

oops forgot to mention, you will need the reF00D and NoNpDrm plugins to bypass encryption to play the games.

It is really good, although it has some kind of archaic design choices like the ATM and inventory management being kinda shit

Currently playing a lot of Tetris on my Game Boy Pocket

Attached: IMGP8904_web.jpg (2000x1650, 275K)

Yeah, I'm kinda getting the vibe of them being needlessly tedious.

Either way I'm enjoying it so far. The whacky tone, pixel art and combat are really great.

>Palace of Solomon?
How did you know? Does everyone get lost in there?

I just remember it being big and samey. It's an easy place to get lost in.

Did you mod all of your systems to look like the original Gameboy?

Attached: 1548262401345.jpg (500x375, 105K)

For anyone lurking I may have found a website with DLC's that's links aren't dead: 1fichier.com/dir/klSAMqcr

Installing now.

Playing all the Megaten games on 3DS as those are the last of the 3DS games I care about. tried Etrian Odyssey with Nexus and wasn't my cup of tea.

I'm playing Atelier Ayesha on Vita and Persona Q2 on 3DS.

Attached: Handhelds.jpg (2000x2921, 2.02M)

the only one that's modded is the Pocket. I'm not sure if there was ever originally an option for white, but I wanted it to match the other two.

Attached: IMGP8936_web.jpg (3000x2000, 498K)

Whats up with your c-nub?

It's a PSP cap.

I was fucking around with my DSlite yesterday, it seems like it stopped being able to read carts. Is this common?

I've been compulsively pocketing a vita and a 3DS for some time, but I haven't really gotten into anything because I've bought almost nothing but RPGs that deserve a lot of attention, especially because it's my first time playing each of them.

What are some good games to fidget with? Puzzle games like Tetris aren't that interesting to me. I've been enjoying Curse of the Night on my Vita TV but it's not really as comfy in noisy daylight.

Are there multiple Atelier games on Vita? Which would you recommend as an introduction to the series?

I've been crawling eBay for a few weeks looking at various things and yeah, there are a lot of DS that can't read carts.

Do you even use all of them?

>hack my vita using the /hbg/ guide
>set up enso 3.60 and get everything working
>can never get sd2vita set up, get stuck in a format loop if I try
Can someone please explain what I'm too retarded to understand? I checked out the GBATemp threads and archives and none of them seem to have the answer.

Vita has some good indie games like Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Risk of Rain, Downwell

You must format the microsd first with an special file iirc. Then install an app called Autoplugin on your Vita and setup the sd2vita following the instructions.

3ds is for babies

Yeah and sure you're a manly man.

Fuck off.

vita.hacks.guide/storagemgr

I used the disk imager and the zzblank.img file too. I even used the TF card plugin after storagemgr, but neither of them did anything.

Did you consider your sd2vita is just fucked? Does your sd card work on PC

I did consider it, but it boots up fine without the sd2vita inserted and the orange light blinks with it in, so it's at least recognized. I formatted the the micro SD and used h2test to make sure the SD was fine before I put all of the files in it and I didn't get any errors. I don't know what it means, but I don't have a uma0 folder even after doing everything so I must have fucked something up.

Attached: aid.png (1080x801, 825K)

Hunter’s Edition user here. Tried out the registry hack and while the color space still has a bit of a yellow tint, it’s definitely a noticeable step up and the saturation’s improved quite a bit after the registry edit.

Thanks for the tip.

Attached: 46F2A79B-FA16-4C81-8CA4-0F2F5DB354A8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.89M)

Does doing the color thing affect the battery life?

Got everything seen here off a kid at a garage sale. Paid 20 for everything in the picture, should i play these games Yea Forums?

Attached: IMG_0018.jpg (4032x1994, 1.53M)

$20 for all that, for real?
Fuck you got lucky.

>That DQ
fucking lucky

Yeah haha, both CIB pokemons sell for more than 20 by themselves, pretty sure all the DQ games are worth a ton as well (for a DS game at least)

That doesn't mean your sd2vita isn't fucked user, get another one

Indeed they go for way more than that. That kid just didn't know what he had.

It shouldn’t since you’re just removing a software restriction over the range of RGB values that the screen is already capable of displaying, though admittedly that’s just an educated guess based off what I was able to find out about how the image improvement works.

The games alone go for a ton on VGPC.com lot calculator

Attached: price.png (761x294, 31K)

Playing through 8 right now as my first one. How hard would it be to go back to 5 after this one? I'm really liking 8 so far and I'd like to at least play through 5 also (if not more) before XI comes out on switch

I would really recommend you play 4 on DS before you play 5. 5 makes a ton of references to the previous game and its a lot more fun after you have beaten 4, at least in my opinion. It wouldn't be hard to go back to any game after 8 though, they're essentially the same just with random encounters and 2d sprites, think going from ocarina of time to a link to the past, essentially it'd be like that.

Yeah, most of the games since Arland are on the Vita with the exception of the most recent 2.You can start anywhere, honestly. Go from Rorona+ and work your way up. If you want something more casual and easy, try Sophie.

For reference for other curious anons, this is what the screen looked like pre-hack. Bottom PSP is a 1000.

Attached: 7F41660E-DA21-4BC8-A18D-A0062336AEB8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.49M)

Good to know, thanks user. A lot of the spinoff stuff looks great as well so I may try some of those too

I was playing XX on 3DS until like G5 Hellblade, then I saw the GU sale on switch so I just started over. I thought the clean visuals was not that important for MH but it really looks great on the switch. I didn't even know there was an unmapped shortcut in ruined pinnacle because of the 240p screen.
Other than that just alternating between Mirai DX or whatever random JRPG on my 3DS.

I don't have portables, user. Just edibles.

>tfw all I get in my town are retards trying to sell gamecubes for $500

Yep! See

I just bought a new 3ds and I'm so excited to play pokemon crystal again.
Also going to try project cross zone 2 and warioware. May replay MM and new leaf as well.
All in between BOTW of course.

Attached: 1548606236548.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

Is it true that anything above 64GB is going to cause load time issues and other problems? I've heard mixed things. Some people have claimed 128GB is fine or that anything under like 200 is alright, but then I've seen some people saying they had problems with just a regular 128.

>an entire page of 3ds games
jesus

Modded the DSi

Attached: IMG_0019.jpg (4032x3024, 1.93M)

Is a N2DS XL worth if I have a 2DS and probably won't buy anymore games besides the DS and 3DS DQ games?

Is going back to stock just a matter of removing the SD card like on 3DS? Or will it mess stuff up since you're redirecting the system to treat your SD card as NAND as part of the hack?

I installed unlaunch as a coldboot. So i would have to uninstall that to revert back to stock OS and then remove my SD yeah, but it would take like 10 minutes.

Can you use TwilightMenu++ for multiplayer?

DS Download play works yeah

Putting my 3DS to some real good use since in the last one to two months my PS3, PS4, PC and family all broke. Playing Monster Hunter For You, Etrian Odyssey Nexus, Dragon Quest III and New Style Boutique 3, with small doses of New Mario Bros 2 and Picross, also had Persona Q2 but i put it on hold to favor Nexus

Damn i could really go for some Ayesha right now

Attached: 280204.jpg (1920x1080, 311K)

do you guys use faceplates for the 3ds?

I've got the Xenoblade ones on my black JP n3DS.

Of course.

Attached: 3ds.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

>Switch
Dragon's Dogma
>N3DS XL
Samus Returns
I've been thinking about getting a Vita on the cheap, I do have a lot of PSN+ "freebies" tied to my account.

Attached: IMG_1141.jpg (3164x2106, 2.09M)

why do you like crystal?

I have like 5 different ones, I mainly use the felt Mario one. It feels and looks pretty nice.

Play DQ3 on Vita for the based dpad

Nice collection Macanon.

I've been playing through the DS Castlevania games as a run-up to Bloodstained. They're a lot better than I remember

Does anyone know what the best way to inject GBA games into CIAs is? I know it's possible, but I haven't looked into it in a long time.

h ttp s://mega.nz/#!K8wUmSKa!JW74Ql8P8qBa8hPd3Fo8QBDVUzV2aA9P-mmeZQGZoVU

There. Easy enough

Well shit, thanks, uncommonly helpful user

Playing Explorers of Sky still on my 3DS, and just getting started on Fate/EXTRA on my Vita.

Attached: IMG_20190625_232422_1~2.jpg (4032x1767, 1.43M)

Is it worth getting the Vita now if I just want to emulate and use remote play since I'll be away from my PS4 most of the time?

>Extra
someone tell cj iwakura to finish ccc

>Coded
>worse than Days
Coded legitimately has the best implementations of the Command Deck system out of the handheld games.

Check'em

Attached: 20190625_233950.jpg (2560x1536, 668K)

Vita is peak handheld, if you can find one for around $100 then go for it.

I am interested in the Switch Mini rumors though, if it's real it will completely BTFO the Vita.

I seriously regret not getting a 3DS and trying EO. I've finally picked one up for PQ2 but I feel like I'm losing something not having a prior investment in either Q or EO, despite being a huge fan of Persona.

Do you happen to enjoy any old Type-Moon stuff? Do the spin-off games capture much of that atmosphere? I know the Aozaki sisters are in them and I'm kind of interested in Jinako I guess

This is probably asked a million times but is the 3ds worth it? 2ds xl is going for 120 aud or so

The new 3DS is more sturdy than the new 2DS. I prefer it because of that.

If you're into gameplay heavy JRPGs then absolutely. If you're into action games there isn't that much but Kid Icarus Uprising is one of the best. If you're into plataformers, well, it's fucking Nintendo. If you plan on hacking it then it's a default Yes.

>tfw bought a vita and a 3ds
>never once used them outside

should i just spend more for the switch or this. Is the 3ds game library really that great

Wait until the new Switch models get announced. The mini version sound pretty great.

very solid library, and if you care to hack it then handheld emulation is really great on it

define sturdy

I just want to play donkey kong but this is such a dilemma. i actually bought the console rashly because it was on sale and its now sitting in my room. Havent booted it up because I feel like I just wasted money. I can return it for free

I'm playing pick related via CIA on 3DS but the turns take so damn long to happen, I'm gonna extract the save and move it to a PSP so I can play on emulator with fast forward. Should I even bother with Mog Knight or only use Gunner/Juggler? I feel like moogles are kinda meh besides those 2 jobs.

Attached: Ffta-marche.jpg (902x985, 96K)

>Gameboy advance- tetris
>PSP- modded to play PSone games, so been playing through Vandal Hearts
>Nintendo 3ds- Super Mario Land 3D and Zelda- A link between worlds
>Switch- Zelda BOTW