Kingdom Hearts 3 #3

khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-interviews-Nomura-on-Kingdom-Hearts-3-Re-Mind-DLC-15449
DLC Info

>ReMind: It means "remind", "reconfirmation", "reclaim the heart*", and so forth.
>there are quite a lot of cutscenes. The scenario was rewritten twice and it grew substantially by the final draft. The sheer volume exceeded our expectations.
>I can't disclose much about the Limit Cut bosses, but we're aiming for the same number as last time (KH2 Final Mix).
>Besides the additional scenario and Limit Cut Episode with bosses, the Secret Episode has a boss as well
> I'd like to release it as soon as possible to avoid FF7 Remake.

What are your hopes and dreams?
What parts of the story are you hoping will be better explained?
Who will be the super bosses this time?
What will the secret episode be about?

Attached: Kino Hearts 3.jpg (1750x1450, 2.75M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DZpClvISVW0&
youtube.com/watch?v=sbBY9aaGzNI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want less disney shit

I am looking forward to how the bosses will play out.
Don't care too much about the story.

me too brother, disney needs to either fuck off with their meddling and give SE full creative control so worlds will be interesting again or just fuck off all together and use OG worlds with disney cameos.

I've learned to stop having Hope's and dreams, they bring nothing but pain.

Im going to guess they are going to add superboss versions of the Org fights like 2FM. If that is the case i hope for a big final challenge against all of them in a row, several at a time.

Personally hoping for a well balanced Luxus boss fight just to see his power with an actual keyblade. He has been going on on about "if only I had a keyblade" and I want see whether he is legit or full of shit

yeah i am guessing we'll fight the nu-org xiii in one vs one battle this time which means they'll have to add more movesets to them. Please none of that 3vs1 crap, just good, difficult and balanced 1v1 fights + 1 super boss that isn't an org member ala LW. Maybe pic related can make for a good boss.

Attached: vvvv.png (488x369, 122K)

Expect nothing
The dumbass theories of Nomura not giving that much shit about KH3 was proven last week
Nomura put all his best shit in 7R
What the fuck are you expecting from SE's side bitch when they have no money to make?

Hope they add proper defensive magic, include revenge values, and give more combo modifiers. None of this will happen because the final mix combat designer is working on FFVII so I don’t care.

>Nomura put all his best shit in 7R
Except character designs of course.

We already know what it is. It's just Sora rewinding time AGAIN then making a direct rush for Kairi to save her.

This is why Sora doesn't help the other Keyblade fags fight

>Nomura put all his best shit in 7R
Takahashi is the only one that actually matters and the guy is a tokyo team member born and raised, did you expect him to move to Osaka?

No but I expected him to have helped

I think he expected Osaka to fuck off and stick to handhelds where they belong.

That's dumb, how would he have helped from such a long distance?
Even if he had given them some tips, the ones implementing the systems are still Osaka staff shitters.
Blame XV. That ship has long sailed now, we're stuck with Osaka. At least their improvement from BBS and DDD to KH3 was day and night (cause a kh2 imitation is still better than pure Osaka crap), if they can either improve just as much for the next title or actually hire a good battle system designer we're gonna be fine. Real talk though, their improvement over DDD shows they have potential, it's just their design philosophy that really sucks at this point (favoring nukes and flashy shit over good balance, going for quantity over quality etc), so they just need a good lead battle planner.

>> I'd like to release it as soon as possible to avoid FF7 Remake.

I want this abomination to FLOP. I hate how SE is claiming it's not episodic anymore but it IS episodic. I don't care if you consider FF7 a set of "chapters" or something as part of a "saga" you're not getting my dough if you're dividing it all up and then selling it at full price (or close to full price). Fuck Square Enix. Fuck them so very much. It's a damn shame that these bastards continue to be bastards and they suffer no consequences. Even Konami and Capcom got their rightful hatred aimed at them. But I see no one saying SE needs to burn.

This is true. Having expectations for ANY piece of media is just disappointment waiting to happen.

>they have potential
Only because Nomura forced them not to use the command deck, these faggots are worthless and forever will be.

>Kh3 came out
>7R showed gameplay
>the stark difference in the effort
>I'm not hyped for REmind anymore
How do I get my excitement back? I've been in this ride for so long

by realizing that KH3 still has the 2nd best combat system in the series (only loses to magic balance, magic variety and magic application to KH1) and if you stayed with the series for so long through all the trash handheld games then you can only go up from here.

When he says just as many bosses as kh2 fm, doea he include the 13 organisation data fights?

>Only because Nomura forced them not to use the command deck, these faggots are worthless and forever will be.

This. And not only that, but seriously they're the reason the gameplay of Kingdom Hearts took a dive and became unappealing. I swear if they re-released the Remixes and FORCED them to play as KH1 and KH2's style of Command Menu for previous older games like BBS and DDD? That would make the package worth buying. Fuck the Command Deck. Fuck it to hell. Also fuck Osaka's hacks. They really need to be fired (or banished to Square Enix's mobile division just like Ito).

Yes, plus one more boss from the secret episode that takes place after the end of the game.

Any chance this dlc adds 1 or 2 new Disney worlds?

nah

Was this "tactical mode" option in kh3 there at release or did they patch it in recently?
youtube.com/watch?v=DZpClvISVW0&

What exactly are people excited about for it then? A few rehashed boss fights?

wrong video youtube.com/watch?v=sbBY9aaGzNI

>Takahashi
Who?

>Kingdom Hearts

Attached: 5B1F2D1E-57FA-4C5F-A0FA-00D19963D46A.png (244x206, 9K)

KH2's and 7R's lead battle designer.

Attached: D81abA2XsAEmQz-.jpg (900x1200, 146K)

>take away the lead battle designer
KH was always shit, the gameplay is what makes it fun
They take that away and what's left? A steaming pile of shit. Guess what KH3 is? A steaming pile of shit

ok buddy, calm down now.

It still has pretty graphics (because SE is full of graphic whores) and good music. But that alone cannot carry a franchise. Fuck the assholes at SE who decided to destroy the gameplay of the series.

It was in since the begining.
I only played the game untill the week after it came out and I couldn't play it anymore since and I remember the option being there.

>so worlds will be interesting again
So never? Every world before this one was just a quick rehash of the original movie besides Beauty and The Beast's world.

when people are talking about amking world great again they usually mean Kingdom Hearts 1

In KH1 SE had a lot more creative freedom, Sora messed with the timeline of these worlds and villains of those worlds were actively going after him. Even if the stories were loosely based after the movies, the characters were still allowed to interact with Sora in a way that would break the movie's mold and the villain would conspire and make plans on how to take Sora down.

Toy Story and Monstropolis are the only truly interesting worlds in KH3 due to that reason. In Toy Box the toys are continuing their themes and character development from the movie but in a completely new setting and a new plot that's made for the game only. In monstropolis Vanitas uses that movie's themes to revive himself and the characters don't follow a predetermined boring story but are actually trying to help Sora defeat the edgelord villain and even interact with him (just like Woody vs YX).

There is potential to do that in future worlds, as long as Disney get their head out of their ass and don't limit SE's creative freedom like they did in Frozen world or Corona.

This is why i said, either Disney should relax a bit and let the team make up their own shit with completely creative freedom, or SE should realize that Disney is sabotaging KH with the way they're doing things, therefore they should just use OG worlds or even FF worlds with disney cameos instead of the other way around.

Shibuya and verum rex being an actual world in the next KH game according to Nomura is an example of Se doing the latter, since they probably realized that Disney is putting too much of a leash on them.

Attached: True King Reclaim Your Heart.jpg (1240x720, 782K)

A big problem none of you seem to acknowledge is that Disney has run out of GOOD films that would make for potentially interesting worlds. KH3 was mostly a struggle to get through because I didn't like the movies I had to endure this time around. And going by recent offerings Disney has nothing good and Toy Story 4 really sucked.

>there are quite a lot of cutscenes. The scenario was rewritten twice and it grew substantially by the final draft. The sheer volume exceeded our expectations.
Sounds a lot like the base game, so it'll be disappointing then.

>SE should realize that Disney is sabotaging KH with the way they're doing things, therefore they should just use OG worlds or even FF worlds with disney cameos instead of the other way around.

Disney wants their obligatory movie shilling so they're not going to accept those terms. I think the best solution is SE buying all original content for Kingdom Hearts and change the nature of the contract that way they have more control and if Disney doesn't like that? SE can take Sora and co. away and make games without Disney.

There are plenty of good movies to use, Disney just won't allow it because they're either
Old (Jungle book. Bambi, Pocachontas, Emperor's new groove) and therefore not marketable.
Or
Old and not popular (Atlantis, Treasure planet, Sword in the stone. robin hood, the aristocrats)

So they prefer to force KH to advertise their newest movies, either shit that got a sequel not too long ago or shit that will get a sequel soon.

I'd prefer Moana and Zoomertopia over shit like Frozen but what can you do, only one of those 3 made a billion and is getting a sequel next year.

Fuck, I am super excited for this. Probably some of the first DLC I've looked forward to actively in a while

Attached: SoraRikuMarriage.jpg (787x866, 311K)

So what's gonna come out of verum rex?

Fuck Frozen 2 and I hate how having a sequel guarantees this shitty film will return to Kingdom Hearts. I mean reusing worlds based on films that have no sequels has been done (Hercules anyone?), but if it has an official sequel that only increases the chances of seeing the same movie again and I don't look forward to that crappy Disney Princess Shit. And I damn all the twats around the world who consider Elsa a "voice of a generation" or that she's an excellent role model and shit like that. Fuck all those pieces of shit.

Anyway I stand by my statement I don't see good Disney films in recent years. Moana was boring. Zootopia that movie just pissed me off because of it's blatant multiculturalism agenda theme and as stated Toy Story 4 was shit. And incoming new films like Pixar's Onward looks fucking retarded. Gee let's have faries and elves and ogres and mermaids all live in a world with smart phones an the internet how quirky that these fantasy creatures do the same boring things we do in reality. Fucking garbage.

For now we know that the next KH that will star Sora is going to have Shibuya and Shinjuku in it which was confirmed to be Yozora's world.

I think Nomura is trying to bait people into getting interested about Verum Rex and then he is definitely going to pitch an idea to make it its own game, maybe as a KH spin off etc

A TWEWY + KH + Verum Rex expanded universe doesn't sound that bad.

I'm still mad at the lack of FF characters
>No Freya and Basil from great mouse detective team-up
>No Cloud and Sephiroth story arc conclusion
>No Rinoa
>No boss fight with Noctus and the crew (I would have liked it despite XV sucking)
>No Steiner and Cecil applying to be Knights at Disney Castle
>Fucking hell no Cecil his Light vs Darkness story arc in KH3
Fucking hell KH3 is an example of a game with so many potential ideas and it all goes down the shitter

Attached: sora investigates kh3.jpg (1024x685, 129K)

>Hopes and Dreams
Data organization, a more satisfying ending. I really liked the game, but the ending was annoying to me. Also a balance patch in there would be good.
>Story Explanation
What happened with Lingering will? He just flies away and we're supposed to assune he just died off screen?
>Who are the super bosses?
Individual organization fights, and one that references the next game just like on kh1fm, 2fm, and BBSfm.
>What will the secret episode be about?
Idk but so far we know that they'll show more organization, behind the scenes stuff. Who knows.

I see the issues with Tifa but I’m okay with the others. No idea what Red is going to look like though.

Apparently Nomura had the team make HD character models of Cloud and Squall (as well as fairy godmother lol) but ended up not finding a way to incorporate them into the scenario of the worlds. I blame Disney for this shit.

Supposedly the devs were very pissed of for working on them to completion but then not being able to use them.

As a Final Fantasy fan I hate the FF cameos since the characters are always bastardized to the point they don't resemble their actual selves.

The only FF character of recent times who could have had a proper cameo without bastardization is Ignis from FF15 during Remy's bistro restaurant. Since the man's hobby is literally cooking meals. But that didn't happen so not much to say about that.

I feel like one of the few people who don't mind the absence of FF. Like, yes, in the end I'd prefer that FF characters were there. But I kinda feel like, after KH2 anyhow, they kinda didn't have much a point in the story. The Cloud/Sephiroth thing was kinda the only open-ended plot thread there in fact, and that always seemed like less a plot thread and more just fanservice

>Implying 3 is better than 2FM

lol

>Supposedly the devs were very pissed of for working on them to completion but then not being able to use them.

Of course they'd be upset. Making models in current gen is not cheap and these are professionals working on them given SE's reputation for making high end visuals. And don't worry next gen will be even more demanding to make worthwhile models.

>yfw kingdom hearts transitions from traveling to disney worlds to traveling to square enix worlds

>As a Final Fantasy fan I hate the FF cameos since the characters are always bastardized to the point they don't resemble their actual selves.
KH2 particularly pissed me off with this. Setzer is in the game, but he doesn't look or even act anything like Setzer. Why even bother CALLING him Setzer then? Fuck at least Vivi sorta acted like Vivi when he wasn't possessed or whatever

>>No Cloud and Sephiroth story arc conclusion
I agree that no FF characters was a dick move but dude... there was never going to be a conclusion to that.

Cloud vs Sephiroth in KH2 was an advertisement for Advent Children and just like in that movie, their fight is implied to be never ending. Sephiroth can't be killed even when defeated and will keep returning as long as Cloud remembers him and shit.

I'm pretty hyped. I liked KHIII and more content is never bad. Plus the story can hardly get any more convoluted, and playing as OP Roxas sounds like a blast.

>can't read
I said KH3 is better than all KH games bar KH2, and that KH1 only beats KH3's magic system.

>I think Nomura is trying to bait people into getting interested about Verum Rex and then he is definitely going to pitch an idea to make it its own game, maybe as a KH spin off etc

Wouldn't Disney own that? Anything born through the Kingdom Hearts series belongs to the mouse. There is no previous copyright for Yozora and such as it's not a Square Enix property. So doesn't it automatically go to Disney?

>I blame Disney for this shit.
But it's on Nomura for writing the FF/OC side of things.

>include revenge values
they are already in though

>Wouldn't Disney own that?
More than likely, yes. We don't know the EXACT details of the KH deal, but as of now all KH-original characters are owned by Disney

Hmm general mismanagement is going to kill the Kingdom Hearts series. Right now there is absolutely no focus especially with the Nomura "darling" known as FF7 Remake which is episodic and will take at least 9 years to complete the entire development.

Unless they have already copyrighted Verum Rex and all of its characters. They can claim it exists as a concept of a project that is going to be worked in the future and that it's just used as a SE property cameo in KH.

We already know from interviews that Disney was going full hitler on the Disney worlds this time around, especially Pixar so they might have planned to use them on one of the disney worlds and then the mouse shoved its dick in SE's ass and told them "no no, you don't advertise your shit in our IPs". If they had complete HD models they surely had scenarios and other stuff ready for them.

Don't worry, they'll boot him off midway through after they've wrung out all the initial sales by invoking his name and make him churn out more KH side games.

Let's pretend this is what happens, I don't think the mouse is going to be happy with Square Enix pulling a sneaky fast move like that. I could see such shenanigans creating conflict between both companies the end result most likely being the end of Kingdom Hearts.

>they might have planned to use them on one of the disney worlds
Why in the actual fuck would they do that when they have two OC worlds where they exist? Hell, they could have added some to Scala if they didn't half ass that whole thing.

Sorry, THREE OC worlds.

I miss Micheal Eisner
Say what you want about him but Disney was never this fucking anal when he was around. Otherwise KH would never have happened

>some to Scala if they didn't half ass that whole thing.

I am convinced Scala ad Caelum was going to have way more shit going on than what we got and that they just cut all of that out due to time limitations.

If you watch out of bounds videos, when Sora approaches the power lines that connect the Scala ad Caelum islands, an automated in game notice pops up that says "ride the lines to move to the next island".

I am convinced that the 13 xehanort puppets we fought at the end (in a huge gangbang) were originally individual fights you would do in each island with each one.

Whatever the case it's sad that they half assed it since Scala looks gorgeous as a backdrop.

Yeah and iirc he said it took 2 years for Toy Story's scenario to be finalized, meaning development on that world was stalled for a long time until they knew what the fuck was gonna happen in that world in order to create the content around it.

Things used to be way simpler when KH used to be a new IP, you'd think now that it's popular as fuck Disney would show some respect and let them do their shit but no. Fucking jews.

>13 whole Scala islands
That'd get a fair bit repetitive honestly, they'd just be boss arenas like the one we got.

THIS, imagine a KH game with
>Chrono Trigger/Chross worlds
>Full fledged Shibuya's city
>Dragon Quest world
>Final Fantasy IX characters
>Mana series world
>Drakengard

It's not like fighting the climaxes of five different games in identical drab wasteland arenas didn't get repetitive, to be fair.

I still believe in the battle on the big golden gate bridge.

Attached: Kingdom-Hearts-3-San-Fran-1.jpg (1920x1080, 229K)

Shit you're right, another missed opportunity to fight Gilgamesh

Revisiting the graveyard shouldn't have been a thing, just have the war go straight to Scala.

I will be pirating this game on PC soon

Yeah, there would've been a lot more room for cool setpieces. The final boss was cool as fuck, and the fights and plot conclusions beforehand were great (triple Xehanort fight is one of if not the best story fight in the series), but it could've used a bit more variety.

we needed the BBS callback, everything ends where it started and shit

>We want the Persona audience

Attached: p4bwv493oqd21.png (1920x1080, 1.94M)

Would it have been too jarring to have them show up with Yen Sid to fight the heartless?

Well no because they were too busy copying and pasting let it go

>not the TWEWY audience
>implying there is such a thing

This thread had a good run, but it seems its end is drawing near. You guys go ahead and leave me behind, don't look back.

Bang

Attached: 894d7be9be10596e4d818ea0ff24dc1e.jpg (470x246, 22K)

That or have the summons on the Dissidia display in Toy Box come to life.

It started in Destiny Islands it should have ended in Destiny Islands. The graveyard is so fucking bland and they didn't bother doing anything to actually make it interesting.

>Cid drops from the heavens in a gummi Highwind and unleashes the might of the whole HBRC like the war of 1000 Heartless x 10
>now it's our turn to help you, Sora
I wish Nomura were dead.

I honestly just want more post game content, some new abilities like combo modifiers, new challenging bosses that arent rehashes, and more keyblades with new transformations. (Also I hope SE puts in 2 become 1 with a original keyblade transformation)