ALL TALES GAMES ARE 50% OR MORE OFF

YOU HAVE LITERALLY NO EXCUSE NOT TO PLAY ONE OF THEM

Attached: TALES OF.png (692x260, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!EAtkVSTR!g76WnyiQb6RJC-s-D7YFBlPjzwGcchNJBFQLFEyiLes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no
just give me one game to play out of all of them

is Vesperia and Symphonia good? They’re by the same people, right?

weebshit who cares

I prefer buying jrpgs on a console. I have no legitimate reason why. Except for Nier:Automata, I have a legitimate reason for that, and that's that the game never fucking goes on sale on PC.

gtfo with this weeb shit

Either Vesperia or Symphonia.
Newfreidns might enjoy Vesperia more but you can play Symphonia first and enjoy that then jump onto Vesperia for an upgrade. Up to you really.
Same advice applies to

which ones are good though? I played symphonia like a decade ago.

This is understandable but half price is a good deal

No

Symphonia and Vesperia are good. Berseria is good depending on who you ask but it's better than Zestiria. Don't play Zestiria.

Mediocre series with an insufferable fanbase

The holy trinity is Abyss, Vesperia, and Symphonia. But the two that are on Steam.

Don't buy the Symphonia PC port, since it's locked to 30 fps and there's no fix for it.
Emulate the GC version since that one runs at 60 fps.

PSA: the version of Symphonia on Steam is locked at 30fps

Tales of Berserk?

Attached: youahomo.jpg (225x225, 12K)

desu I would if I could find the Symphonia HD pack. But it's dead, so I played PC and it was.. fine. the framerate is the only thing I dislike.

Recheck the dolphin forums thread for the HD pack. Some good samaritan had the files and reuploaded them.

>dolphin forums.
Got a link? I don't want to sift through years of shit.

>Symphonia
Surely you mean Eternia.

No. Eternia is good, but as a general consensus those tend to be the three best.

I got Berseria during the christmas sale, regret the fuck out of it too. Game is garbage.

Buy Vesperia and Symphonia. they are actually good.

No kidding? I like Symphonia, but the writing, the VA and the rehash of Phantasia's story always put me off a little bit.

PLAY MAGI'S GAME

Attached: 8534aef313a391e5197030d31944116f.jpg (679x960, 142K)

Only Berseria, Symphonia and Vesperia are worth playing

wrong, i have lots of excuses.

I need to play Phantasia.
I kinda disagree with you on the VA. I think it's pretty great for the time. Even going back to it, I thought it would be hot garbage and cringeworthy but I actually still really like it.
The dialog can have its typical jrpg stuff but I still do like parts of its dialog a lot.

Attached: logic.png (1650x928, 1.27M)

want to get ghost recon wildlands but the game's store doesn't tell me if its already included in like siege, so should i get or skip the ultimate edition?

Attached: unknown.jpg (634x604, 96K)

Are vesperia and symphonia the only ones that have romance in them? I liked the romance in symphonia when I was a little kid playing through it.

I hate games with easily missable content, and the Tales series is absolutely loaded with it. I've never been able to get into them for that reason.

Attached: 1434914452744.png (569x629, 498K)

Tales of Ghost Recon is my favorite Tales game. But only the first one. The rest of them are Knights of Ratatosk Tier.

Look at the official strategy guides you have on your desks.

Made by the same team, so yes.

Heard the Symphonia port is ass, truth or FUD?

>he doesn't play a game normally the first time, then use his GRADE to make the next playthrough more fun and then do all the side quests

Attached: 1800392.webm (1280x720, 2.15M)

Sell me on them.

If you never played the original then it's just fine.
I've 1000 hours in the GC version and love it to death. the only thing the PC port is missing is 60FPS because it's based off the PS2 version.
My recent playthrough was on the PC version and it was fine. I'm not a big stickler for framerate, but it is kind of a bummer for it not having 60FPs, but you're exchanging that fore a bit more content and properly upressed graphics and resolution.

Wait a fucking second here, why is vesperia the most expensive one? Isn't berseria the newest one? Is this some kind of scam?

also the pc port is dogshit
But about the other jrpgs, i'm the same, idk why but i get bored while i grind on a pc

Vesperia got proper HD version which is on PC and all the proper things you'd want to see like unlocked framerate and I think 4K support.
Also comes with some additional content and I think a new party member? Came out like 3 months ago.

60FPS and Gamecube conversion mod when?

yes but female

Oh, I didn't realize they ported them out of order. I thought they must've done some pricing fuckery like they hiked up it's price before the sale or something.

Best JRPG for a complete beginner? I never even played any FF but became interested recently

Pc preferably but ps3/4 is acceptable too

It's based on the Japanese-only PS3 upgrade release, so westerners get some benefits they didn't get on the 360 version. At least, I think it didn't release in the US. It's still definitely worth 25 bucks.

IN 5 POINTS OR LESS TELL ME WHY I SHOULD GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THIS WEEB GAME IN PARTICULAR

Tales from the Borderlands

Classic JRPG
Great characters
Great Character interactions
Perfect Length
Tons of replay value

Attached: YAY I GOT SOMETHING.webm (800x450, 1.04M)

I'VE NEVER PLAYED THESE GAMES OR MANY JRPGS IN GENERAL FOR THIS MATTER BUT I WANT TO START WHICH ONES DO I GET

Attached: 1551941988746.png (318x386, 167K)

FFIV

I've tried three Tales and dropped them all out of boredom. Fuck you.

Is Xillia ever gonna get ported? Was Xillia even a good game?

so straight but axewound

Play Symphonia. then play Vesperia. then play Berseria. Fuck Zestiria.

Play our games!

Attached: ThreeKannonos.jpg (400x452, 80K)

It was fine. It wasn't great but people seem to like it and its sequal.

Played 15min of it on my ps3
I liked it

mega.nz/#!EAtkVSTR!g76WnyiQb6RJC-s-D7YFBlPjzwGcchNJBFQLFEyiLes
Berseria free DLC pack.

It's a secret to everyone.

sell me on magi's game.

>people have liked it for a long time
>characters
>uhh, characters again
>pacing exists
>good autism game
not selling me senpai

THANK YOU user I BOUGHT ALL THREE

Attached: 1518373339319.jpg (1280x720, 239K)

How do I apply this?

Well what exactly do you want to hear?

I don't have 200 hours to play Generic JRPG shit with shitty voice "acting"

Attached: 1389760159569.png (561x375, 484K)

>tfw I have berseria and zesteria but I haven't played the former and the latter makes me want to kill myself
I can't in good conscience buy any more tales games till I finish though

Zest and and Berseria are meh. Vesp is pretty fun, so is Symphonia. If only Xillia made it.

I don't need excuses to skip shit games

All the good ones have fucked up ports so FUCK you for baiting people.

Vesperias port is good though. Only problem with Symphonia's - at least now that they actually added proper support to it - is the frame rate.

please respond.

Symphonia runs like complete and total ass, Berseria and Zestiria are terrible and I stopped playing Vesperia when I turned off the game after telling Karol to cross dress so that I could load it back up and see the other options, only to realize that I didn't save and lost like 5 hours of progress.

The only one worth owning on that list is Vesperia.

The only guy who was capable of doing it is a mental case and also believes that the GC original didn't run at 60fps, so you're stuck.

you mean the DSfix guy? Pretty certain he said he wasn't able to. Also that guy runs his own porting company now.

It's a bit sad that a couple of decade old japanese games are the only decent things on sale.

Voice acting in the Tales games, Symphonia and onward, has been pretty good. VAs from the Tales series tend to either be already-established names or go on to do a lot of notable work. The Skits in particular showcase this, since they're not stilted conversations driven by the player hitting the dialogue advancement button.

>jrpg

Attached: ugh.jpg (486x341, 42K)

>tfw Scott Manville gets too much money on Teen Titans to go back to voice Lloyd ion any other game
>tfw Jen Hale jumped on the AAA train and would never voice sheena again.
Hurts just a bit.

Attached: 1545357095415.jpg (960x544, 94K)

We lost Troy Baker too. Yuri's probably my favorite Tales protagonist.

You didn't lose Troy, they just didn't even fucking ask him. He was actually a little sad that they didn't.

trails > tales

Attached: 1561175660207.jpg (503x442, 197K)

Seriously? Wow, fuck 'em, then. I figured he was too expensive. He did a great job on Vesperia.

I make it a point not to buy games people shill.

>chink chongs try to buy up developers and launch their own store
>steam finally going back to doing crazy 75%+ sales

based competition, the free market is working for the customer.

Troy has experessed that he loves the characters he voices and would have considered coming back to them at some point had they ever anything new, but at some point Matt Mercer somewhat took the reigns as Kanji, and no one ever figured we'd get the Vesperia PS3 stuff.
Also fucking Randy didn't even ask Troy to come back to voice Rhyss in for Borderlands 3 even though he said he'd do it.

I thought everyone always played JRPGs in japanese with subtitles. I'm surprised.

Hey man, why not both? I never played a Trails game, shill it to me. They look great.

The only JRPG I've ever played was DQ5 and Pokemon lmao.
How does it compare? I found the gameplay pretty "alright" but thought the story was fantastic.

Attached: 195715.jpg (512x250, 86K)

which is the best?

I have. I don't buy shit on Steam and I'm broke.

>25 bucks for Vesperia
Nigger, I rarely pay that much for GOOD games. Symphonia at least is relatively easy to farm achievements on for 5 bucks

Tales series in general is entry level weebshit, Symphonia is just not quite as bad as the others.

FFX and Pokemon Red/Blue are the obvious places to start, both are easy to emulate.

>Great characters
That is a bald-faced lie.
>Great Character interactions
Repeating the same jokes about the characters' personality the whole game doesn't constitute a "great interaction"

Another series.

>next playthrough
i dont have time for that shit, ivve got video games to play

should I play the DS or ps2 version?

Why are you in a thread about a series you hate

If you have to ask it's too soon for you to be posting

Overpriced even after the discount.

DS version technically has more content. PS2 version's fan translation is also more faithful but less well written imo to the DS remake. PS2's music sounds better too.

>Tales of All These Low Budget Weeb Games Look The Same And Have Awful Gameplay And Graphics
If only there was a harder way to hard pass.

Attached: 1483768032129.jpg (208x206, 4K)

Can I play any of them if all I have is a shitty onboard vga?

Buy Symphonia and vesperia.

BUY RUNEBOTTLE-COIN

What about Tales of Androgyny?

I don't think that's a thing, user.

Abyss on PC when

Take your shitty hentai game and go somewhere else.

i'm playing vesperia and i feel pretty bored so far
about to finish the first arc, i know this is a stupid question but does it get better?

Is Berseria a good starting point?

God no. Either play Symphonia or Vesperia first and then play the other one if you liked whichever one you played.
Symphonia functions on a 2D combat plane and Vesperia focuses on a 3D one so the combat will feel different.