Play a JRPG!

Play a JRPG!

Attached: atelier ryza and xenoblade pyra.jpg (1754x1754, 477K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6dbbIcxv9Rw
youtube.com/watch?v=6c78NBWaf-o
youtube.com/watch?v=dDE7-qIYOdM
youtube.com/watch?v=e-Y_a-eRaYI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm playing Tales of Vesperia

Attached: 331c6ab6b35dd73b3edc6bc1098bcc31.jpg (653x1125, 188K)

Finally, actual art of them together. The other piece was just their asses.

Yes, with the girls in the OP.

I am, I'm play Trials of Mana, my party is Riesz, Angela and Carlie.
I'm in Bucca Island right now after having freed Shade from the Ghost Ship.
Also, can I just say, FUCK this game for forcing me to fight that boss without Riesz.

I'm playing Phantasy Star 1 on Switch. I had played it once before on my friends Master System back in the day but those dungeons were ridiculous.

I'm glad they added a map, but the game is still assy. Nothing happens and you just grind after figuring out where the fuck to go.

What a shit series.

The one on the right is fat.

I'm playing Final Fantasy 12 with a good battle system and an actual story. Aka The Last Remnant.

It's been a while since I played this on X360, so if anyone here is a "pro" at this game, let me know. I have a question or two.

Attached: IMG_20190625_091556.jpg (3264x1840, 1.25M)

No thanks, I'd like to keep my friends and lose my virginity.

What are some good JRPGs for beginners?

I tried Final Fantasy 7 but I guess I missed all the shit and I can't go back?

BUY TALES OF GAMES
BUY BUY BUY

Attached: 199482894.png (692x260, 83K)

I'm going to try to play through the original Arland trilogy before Ryza's game comes out, since I've barely played any Atelier games.

With Pokémon being the burning trash fire it currently is and presumably will be for the foreseeable future, it would be nice if /vp/ got changed to /vrpg/.

currently playing through re;birth 2 on steam and lulia on switch
i dont want to juggle anymore

Chrono Trigger is THE entry level jrpg.

Witch one has the shortest short shorts?

What would happen if they both sat on you at the same time?

Symphonia and Vesperia aka the only good Tales games on PC.

is shining resonance good? its on steam sale. never really heard of it but looks like it could be ok.

No. The only good Shining games are Shining Force 2 & 3

Why?

I already am!

Attached: e81cc6e2c30a1caa419a47fb46b9c607.jpg (3600x2400, 3.88M)

why couldn't pyra have a booty dat big in her official art

I am playing Dragon Quest 8!

What's my incentive?

She does in her official scale, that's what matters.

Attached: DSC08539.jpg (1500x1000, 387K)

She cute

Her official art does just not her game model

I'll play Tales of Symphonia after I finish Kingdom Hearts (I never played it and my friend won't stop asking me to play it)

Attached: 1540114336500.png (564x409, 260K)

You'd get flattened.

Already am.

Attached: 1560947826348.jpg (1280x1655, 524K)

yes, quite

Attached: __patty_fleur_tales_of_series_and_etc_drawn_by_yuni_via_junk__c728b2ba1748da4b887f04adced94a1b.png (848x1200, 623K)

nah

>stuff for my Pyra AND Ryza folder

Attached: 1528807921844.jpg (553x441, 27K)

She looks pregnant

Of course. She's my wife and that's my child.

>actual story
user, I love this game but the story is trash

I should really make a Pyra folder. I've got pics of her scattered around everywhere.

But it has a story, unlike FF12. That's what I was saying.
Fuck it, I will still post this. If you anons can help me, it would mean a lot to me. And I will post nudes on /soc/

1. The game has rare monsters (and killing them gets you rewards in guilds). How do you "trigger" them? Do you need to enter/exit the area until a rare monster shows up, or is there any other condition? And if there is, can you obtain that info in the game? I don't want to look at FAQ on the net for every rare monster.

2. Can I, and when, change weapons for other party members? Also, do I need to use a specific weapon type for certain characters? For example, Rush starts with a sword, but I prefer spears. And I already raised his 2 skills with spears, so...

3. Last thing I did was clearing the Catacombs, but before that I went south to other dungeons and towns (Royotia) and atm my BR is 14. That's not TOO MUCH for this part, right?

4. Is Sword of Seven a reference to Romancing SaGa 2? I just finished it a few days ago lol.

the first one is the only good one, plus the additions made in 2FM

I'd like to, maybe I should...

Well if Bloodstained counts then I guess I'm good

Attached: 1481697821.jpg (1920x1280, 324K)

I am though, I'm just taking a small break to check Yea Forums for JRPG threads.

Attached: file.png (367x295, 95K)

basedboiz

I'll get back to Xenoblade 2 soon. I just started over with 44 hours. Last reset was 114.
I'm also playing FF5, but I just got the boat and things are getting annoying.

That's debatable

Attached: Dat ass (2).jpg (1280x720, 251K)

post it

It's in this very thread, user

Attached: D8iXTMwUYAA7GvI.jpg orig Pyra.jpg (1288x1820, 188K)

Would Pyra even need to use a condom when she shags Rex?

>How do you "trigger" them?
Each dungeons has spawn tables for each rare monster, each time you ENTER a dungeon, the game seeds a number for the spawn table, and you get your results, each rare monster is in a certain spawn table.
>And if there is, can you obtain that info in the game?
The game gives you visual info based on what's in the dungeon, in the catacombs for instance, if you see a flying moth in the upper layer of the entrance then you know some rare monster has spawned in the easter wing of the dungeon (Though you don't know which, exactly, might be a Sledgehammer or a Brigand in that case)
>Can I, and when, change weapons for other party members?
Yeah, if you have a certain weapon type available and is also stronger than a character's current equipment, they will eventually ask you to lend it to them, e.g. if you have a Sovani dual sword/axe then Torgal will ask you that, once you enter the world map, characters tend to ask you new stuff after a few battles, two or three will be enough.
You CANNOT give characters weapon types that aren't part of their setup e.g. you can't give Caedmon Sovani swords, only spears, though Torgal will accept swords or axes, Remnant weapon users will not change their weapon once you give it to them, e.g. Gaou will only upgrade his Obsidian Sword if you give it to him, and he's scripted to always prioritize it over anything else, so if you give it something else but still have the Obsidian, he'll keep bugging you for it.
>That's not TOO MUCH for this part, right?
Not really, and it also depends on your stats, BR alone means very little.
>Is Sword of Seven a reference to Romancing SaGa 2?
Yes, there's many SaGa references in the game since it's part of the series, there's another big RS2 reference later on (make sure to look for the guys who wear white and do their quest).
99% of the remnants are also all references to famous SaGa items or people, David's Gae Bolg is a reference to the Dragon Spear Gae Bolg.

Oh. So they will ask for a weapon, just like they ask for materials. Got it!
Thank you so much for that reply, user!

Nothing, remember that characters still have their own weapon table they follow too, so if you want them to use a weapon that isn't part of their natural weapon progression you have to plan it out in advance, just like the rest of the series, you'll learn along the way though.
Make sure you do all available quests before infiltrating Nagapur though, as it's a breaking point and all available quests that aren't completed by then will either be cancelled or considered failed, so talk with people and especially the barmen/maidens, as they will always tell you when something's available and where.

But all sidequests are given by characters that have a red (talk) bubble on their heads? You can't get a sidequest from a char that has a normal, white bubble?
Yes, I visit every town after every major story scene, sometimes a new quest is added. I mean, it's not like I've discovered many towns at this point.

Like I said, it's been a while since my X360 playthrough, so I don't remember much.

I do, however, remember how fucking annoying Absolute Conqueror was.

>But all sidequests are given by characters that have a red (talk) bubble on their heads?
Yes, but a lot of those characters do not immediately appear when you get access to a location, so again, remember to talk to the barkeepers so you know if there's still something to do.
Besides, your units' sidequests also appear after you enter a town a certain amouts of times, but most of those aren't really missable either way.

MOOOOOODDSS I SEE NIPPLES

IM PULLING MY ADVERTISEMENT MONEY

Noted. Thanks again, user!
I still can't believe Rex turned down Nia. WTF was he thinking?

I got the P5 Platinum the other day.

and I am also playing Citizens of Space, which is kinda like a JRPG but made by western devs

Attached: D8tQ6noUwAABbKR.jpg (457x610, 50K)

Rita best girl

Not enough

playing FFVII so I can slap tifa's titties around once more

Attached: 1560221992663.jpg (620x915, 74K)

Okay.

playing trails in the sky atm, way too comfy

But I'm emulating DQIX on my phone already!

>Fire Emblem in July
>Azur Lane Crosswave in August
>Atelier Ryza, Ys IX, and DQ XI S in September
>Persona 5 Royal in October
>Shin Sakura Taisen this winter
>Rune Factory 4 Special this year
>Tales of Arise next year
>Rune Factory 5 next year
>new Utaware probably also next year
Where do I find time to play all this? Dead genre my ass.

I am, I'm playing through the entire DQ mainline series except for X right now
I'm on 1 and it's just interesting to see the stuff they put in at the beginning
After this, I'm gonna play the FF mainline series from start to finish too

made for bwc

Attached: 1561158590403.png (1380x1952, 1.88M)

The fourth game is good

Attached: Phantasy Star - The End of the Millenium (U) [!]_000.jpg (640x448, 97K)

"B"wc

Bwc*

Attached: 1561158623534.png (1380x1952, 1.92M)

>using a nazi symbol when they killed millions of white

Replaying FFVII right now and plan to play Tales of Vesperia after

Okay since this thread is up, this is a perfect chance to ask.

I was gonna play Tales of Symphonia as my first Tales game and had every intention of getting pic related, however, it's literally 5 dollars on Steam for the original game. Since I don't wanna double dip, is Dawn of the New World worth playing at all? It gets mixed to negative reviews but it's not unanimously negative

Attached: 915jWZOxUPL.AC_SL1500_.jpg (1304x1500, 448K)

better this way?

Attached: 1561159586377.png (1078x1500, 1.29M)

dilate

Any Dragon Quest

I'm looking for jRPG without romantic shit. Any idea?

But I'm already playing Bloodborne.

Cringe

Yes. BWC is just as autistic as BBC.
Have sex

Any jrpg that's not persona.

Biko no poko

im playing one right now user!

Attached: 33709102_p0.jpg (600x848, 472K)

Attached: __heroine_manya_and_minea_dragon_quest_iv_and_etc_drawn_by_toriyama_akira__4fa19cb1e7d9f5f61ea23bc4a (575x595, 436K)

Well of course. I'm playing one right now.

Attached: Chosen_undead.png (412x1043, 581K)

It's really not that good, I regret buying it back in the day.

oh shit, it was deleted, nice

But I am playing Ys VIII

youtube.com/watch?v=6dbbIcxv9Rw
>tfw Etika's probably banging her in heaven right now

Attached: D9hFMbmU8AEqqz6.jpg (968x1199, 191K)

Ok what jrpg should I get for my switch?

never have, will probably never bother to

Playing Vesperia, got Symphonia on my list next, then the Mana Collection. Not sure what I'll play after those.

Dawn of the New World is worse than getting AIDs.

Can someone explain to me why everybody is going crazy over this guy? Wasn't he just another screaming streamer? What the fuck is the big deal?

ToS is great. Dawn shits over everything that made ToS great and also shits on the characters from the original.
Play ToS and skip Dawn unless you have a morbid curiosity.

He made a very public descent into madness in a way that would make you think he was faking it for clicks and then actually killed himself. It's the fascination of watching a car wreck

Duly noted.

On that note, holy shit Symphonia is 5 bucks

I get that part but why was he getting so much attention before the insanity started?

Do I have to explain how a prominent member of any niche committing suicide is kind of a big deal? You have people who actually watched him, people who're shitposting, people who might not have watched him much but knew about him and are taking this as reminder of our own grim mortality.

He was the public face of over the top, blatantly fake reaction videos

>blatantly fake reaction videos
And now we have the ultimate indication of how fake his happiness must have been, it's legit IRL Kino

Im playing dragon quest 11 right now. I jist wish the luminary was a girl and that the definitive edition stuff comes to ps4.

the back folds

Attached: lewder.png (1015x686, 643K)

I wouldn't say it was fake, but it was shallow. You need to find a greater meaning to your life

Attached: 1513610839917.png (724x1023, 521K)

>JRPG
>OP pic is autistic gatcha lootbox phone game shit where you collect .jpgs of waifus

Attached: 1549643920868.png (627x317, 303K)

You might wanna check again

user, I don't think you know what the games in OP pic are

Phantasy Star IV was literally what got me into JRPGs and is still one of my all time favs

On that note anyone here wanna help out a fellow JRPG lover get The Caligula Effect: Overdose from steam?

>Give curse-equip to female protag and party members that makes them confused
>They rip off their Angel Leotard in battle and the enemies become distracted
So many pre-teens came from the imagery of that text

Attached: 1548525754146.jpg (425x633, 34K)

But I want to play Freedom Force, user.

Attached: freedomforce.png (1216x628, 1.27M)

based retard

Pre-teen boners*

Just started FF12, taking a break from 500+ hours of Megaten over the past 4 months. FF has been on my list of series I want to get into forever but never made any serious attempts at it. If I can get into a couple more JRPG series this year, that's good.

You're refering to the Megaten series as a whole and not just 1 game in the series right? That's some tenacity you have there btw

FF12 reminds me alot of a mmorpg inside a single player game, was fun too but the story is bare bones

Anyone?

My nigga

these things are barely videogames, pretty much just world building material to fuel fantasy's with non original characters. Did I hit the mark on this?

Attached: dwadw.png (1339x710, 173K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6c78NBWaf-o
Post a better JRPG ending theme

I honestly think XS2 is underrated and that the series overall got better with each entry.

Attached: download.png (252x357, 160K)

Just finished Xenogears. It was alright.

DDS1+2+SMT3+IV+IVA+P5+Raidou1+2 since February

Attached: 1559244964884.jpg (329x325, 54K)

Bumpan

What did/didn't you like? What other Xeno games have you played?
t. huge Xenofag but I realize every game in the series spare maybe XB1 has massive flaws

Attached: Xenoblade X USA.jpg (718x1024, 783K)

I've only played the first Xenoblade aside from this one and liked it more than Gears. I liked most of the game but some things just grated on me. I'd heard stories about Disc 2 but it was much worse than I thought. At that point the game just becomes way too text heavy for it's own good and none of the sci-fi/philosophical fluff was good enough to warrant it.

Combat also becomes trivial at some point late into Disc 1, and there's not a whole lot to explore.

JRPG's are fucking awful, Final Fantasy fucking murdered them by focusing on cinematics and story telling rather than gameplay, and everyone copied them. I wish SRPG's were more popular, they are the evolution of the JRPG but with actual gameplay. JRPG's need to focus less on story telling and waifus and more on gameplay, as much as I like waifus.

The Gear/Saga games and the Blade games definitely have different focuses, and I also prefer the Blade entries myself because they actually prioritize gameplay. The gameplay in Gears undeniably gets grating, mainly due to repetitive battles and shit dungeon designs. Outside of that, the repeated music tracks and disc 2 in general are definite flaws as well, but I still find the game really memorable. I don't think the gameplay, pacing issues and localization mistakes were enough to completely detract from the fantastic story.
Fwiw, I think the Saga games improve in some aspects. 1 is a chore to go through not because of the gameplay itself but because there's next to no fucking music during gameplay outside of the 1 (ONE) battle theme. 2 adds music and improved the gameplay, but gets repetitive too once you realize the best approach is the same for every boss. 3 finally got everything straight but it was too little too late at that point.
I'd recommend the series if you enjoyed Gears despite the flaws, but if not I'd say pass. Do give the other Blades a try sometime though. XB2 is great and a lot like one if you can look past the designs and some cringey moments early on, and XBX has the best open world in gaymen.

Attached: xenoblade x.png (1040x1225, 1.32M)

X needs a fucking Switch port.

I put 160 hours into X, the most I've ever put into a single save file in a game, and I would buy an X port in a heartbeat.
I'll never give up hope for an X2 that fills in all the missing pieces from X, in terms of both story and gameplay.

I'm playing super nep rpg. It's a ghetto valkyrie profile.

Attached: 1535516953544.png (960x540, 759K)

JRPGs need to focus on character design and gameplay first and foremost, I agree. But it just sounds like you dislike turn/menu based combat, because despite the awful stories in even the "good" ones, they're still fun to play in my honest opinion.
SRPGs are fantastic, though.

Cabal getting utterly raped ITT

Every fucking time I see the list of stuff that was cut from XS2 that Soraya Saga posted, I get downright depressed. Had that content been there, I'd totally forgive the crappy in-game soundtrack (as opposed to the great cutscene soundtrack)

>JRPG's need to focus less on story telling and waifus and more on gameplay, as much as I like waifus.
Then why aren't you playing SaGa games?

user what? This is the first I've heard of this, all I knew is it was handed off to a new team and the story got gimped. Nothin beyond that.
Also fuck you the ingame soundtrack is great. The only legitimate complaint I can muster is its a bit too energetic/upbeat/arcadey for the series, but I like how it gives XS2 a unique feeling. At the very least its better than XS1's complete lack of music.
Ormus stronghold theme is a straight bop
youtube.com/watch?v=dDE7-qIYOdM

I'm seriously considering playing neptunia. I have a bunch of jrpgs like suikoden ready to start but I'm in a mood where I can only play games that are cute and cheery. Is there anything like that but actually good?
Also I'm currently burnt out on atelier.

>there's someone else on Yea Forums that watched the MAPPA Garo series
Based.

Attached: 1507002799777.gif (480x270, 3.14M)

Playing Dragon Quest III right now. Pretty fun so far, definitely a step up from I and II. I actually kinda like it more than VIII too.

I love Ryza!!!

Oh, boy... herewegoagain.jpg - brace for depression. Let me hunt that.

So, first of all, a little bit of XS history. The original Xenogears was a bit of a crazy project that ended up with a team of 5 writers cooperating together, a true dream team. The game had a complicated production schedule - and Square had no interest in producing another one. So Takahashi and his wife Saga together ended up working with Namco to produce Xenosaga as ep. 1 of the 6-part saga they originally conceived.

If you watch the original trailer for Xenosaga, the battle from the beginning of XS2 was featured there, showing that they cut the game shorter than originally expected. The game was extremely expensive, and ended up costing Takahashi the director position, so XS2 was made with a ton of cost-cutting measures (less cutscenes, cheaper soundtrack, a lot less dialog, and redone models to appeal to a bigger audience).

So at the time the game came out, Soraya Saga (wife of former director of the game and co-writer) tweeted a list of things that were cut, which is as follows:
Ziggy’s past history (as seen in The Pied Piper)
U.R.T.V.’s past history (as seen in the Episode II)
Shion’s past history with Febronia
Jr’s rapid growing
Both juvenile and grown-up Jr. switching available in the battle
The ghost of the old Miltia
The death of Sakura
Brief reunion with grown-up Citrine
Gaignun vs Zohar emulators
Jr.’s transformation/overdrive
Jr. & Albedo vs U-DO vs KOS-MOS 3rd armament
Shion’s spiritual seeking/witnessing/awakening
The truth about KOS-MOS
Conversation between chaos and the red cloak man
Conversation between Nephilim and the boy with the blocks
An antimatter annihilation of Albedo

But I'm poor.

I want Pyra to give me a gentle nursing handjob while encouraging me to cum

Attached: file.png (395x369, 351K)

Wow I knew XS was missed potential - the series but I never knew how bad it really was.
I wanna kill myself now, thanks user

Attached: 1452882582124.png (532x475, 254K)

COURAGE IS THE MAGIC THAT TURNS DREAMS INTO REALITY

It should be noted, some of it either made it (partially for the most part) into Pied Piper - a Japan online mobile game - or hinted/added to Episode 3.

I'm pretty sure the ending of Ep. 3 also makes it very clear that Allen was never meant to be playable, so as to make the impact of his heroism at the end more significant and poignant - not to mention his implementation as a fighter in the game is pure crap given how this team usually deals with characters in battle.

How well do they run on weak computers?

recommend me a non traditional/mainstream jrpg

I also highly recommend fans who played the US version of XS3 to look up the uncensored hospital scene with Shion, as the butchering not only totally took the impact of that scene, but made it completely meaningless.

You are never going to hear "I have to put it back" that same way again.

HUGE SPOILERS for XS3 below
youtube.com/watch?v=e-Y_a-eRaYI

AYE YO I SAID WHAT JRPG SHOULD I GET FOR MY SWITCH?

Attached: 1560707113815.webm (640x360, 2M)

Honesty a great idea.

Trials of Mana is coming out soon, might consider waiting for that.

Yeah, I was confused watching that scene but then in the final scene with Jin I realized that something had to be up.
What a fucking hackjob. The ending looked retarded, but the scene you mentioned literally loses all meaning without it. I almost regret buying the trilogy and not just emulating the undubs.

my hands are fucked from carpal tunnel. i shouldnt even be tying this but, you know - here forever.
whats a low impact JRPG i can play for ps3 or 4? thinking maybe suikoden or something from the golden age if i can find it in the ps store. i've already beaten persona 3-5, and most other modern JRPGs are action based, so i cant really manage/totally shouldn't if i can

Attached: 1450464834437.jpg (349x320, 53K)

Woah, user. I'm playing Phantasy Star 2 right now on the 360 and it's literally the same. Constant grind, no map, and these dungeons are cancer. I don't want to imagine going through this blind and without save states.

If it wasn't for my love of Sega and the impending PSO2 release I'd probably give up.

I did finish Ideology in Friction pure run yesterday, really don't know if I replay the corruption and slut paths, feels wrong after reading all that

Replaying Dragon Quest III at the moment. Honestly sick of jrpgs, I only replay ones I enjoy rather then try new ones. My tolerance for grinding and anime troupes has decreased as I got older. Thinking it's time I move on to crpgs. Not sure where to start though.

Attached: 60637677_p0.jpg (1233x760, 635K)

I beat Guardian Recall not too long ago. It wasn't a perfect game, but I still really enjoyed it. Story wasn't anything too amazing, but I loved the characters and I know I'm going to miss them. Akira especially. It's not often you get a character that loves tokusatsu as much as she does.

Attached: GuardianRecall_06.jpg (1052x665, 265K)

I'm pretty sure Suikoden II is on the PS store, but it's been awhile since I checked. It's a classic for a reason and I definitely suggest playing it if you haven't.

playing XC2 again because I got problems
good man