Why haven’t you played DQV yet? It’s one of the best JRPGs of all time

Attached: 545739B9-8B7F-41B9-A728-51212A8FD1FD.png (690x762, 774K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/2theqv.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I did but I only played the original sfc version with translation back in 2002

Should I play 5,6,7, or 8 after 11?

Going to finish up 3 first, then 4 and finally 5. I’ve been trying to play them in release order.

I thought that was dq vii with the god twist

This. I lost my save though and am finding it hard to get back into III without feeling salty. Any fun set ups? I think I was rolling Warrior, Fighter, Cleric, and Wizard.

5 or 8.
5 has a good DS port and an okay PS2 port that's in Japanese. It can also be played on SNES with a fan translation.
8 has a PS2 release that retails at around $30 and comes with a Final Fantasy demo (and is in English), it also has a 3DS port.
Here's the games that had the most Western appeal
>4
>5
>8
>9
>11
And all the ones you haven't played are on DS
Don't fucking play 6 and 7, you'll regret it immensely.

I can't get into DQ
It seems boring the same way Tolkien settings seem boring to some nowdays
The lack of an interesting UI and the fact that the combat, at least from what I've seen while playing DQMJ2, Terry's Wonderland, DQVII and DQVIII, is just selecting attacks/spells from a boring transparent box.

Yes, I did and Bianca was my wife

What's wrong with 6/7? Haven't played them, just curious.

6 is the second worst mainline title (the real worst one is 2). It's still good, just don't make it your second game.
7 is ungodly long and has an especially long opening, and despite the 3DS cutting down on it, it is still way too long.

Apparently 5 is the best one so I'm playing through all of the other ones first and saving 5 for last, but these DQ games are so exhausting when you finish one I need a big break from them every time I finish one.

Haven't played 6 but 7 is still fun even with all the island backtracking..

I beat it, liked it, but didn't see why it was so special

I'm busy with the 3DS ones. The Smash reveal convinced me to drag my ass through the slog of VII.
I just want to marry the damn mare already.

Because I'm playing 11 at the moment

Attached: dq heroes vs movie.jpg (1338x485, 116K)

I'm playing it now, just finished IV last night

Horse

You have a point about 6 but 7 is great to immerse yourself in. I really really liked 7, yes even the ps1 version.

The movie design is better.

REMEMBER THE HAUNTED HOUSE

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2000x835, 228K)

DQ5 was really good. I liked 7 and 8 better but it's good

Okay but where's best girl

Why has DQ5 become the go-to "best Dragon Quest game" in the west in recent years? It (and 6) are the black sheep of the series in Japan. And deservedly so. 3 and 4 are CLEARLY the best games in the series.

5 improves on 4 in just about every way. 3 is really god damn good though

Why are they making a movie based on 5 then

Nice headcannon.

Deborah is best wife anyway.

Attached: F57BB875-1323-4C3C-9F36-9278DF726530.jpg (165x305, 10K)

The green ones are DQ games i've beaten. I'm chipping away at 2 and have 2 crests so far. How much more of 2 is left and which game should I go for next?

Attached: Completeddqgames.png (883x288, 14K)

Why is there a live action tv show of 5 then?

Attached: DQ5.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

I mostly see DQ8 being pushed as the best here in the west. DQ5 is just getting some attention lately with the movie

Right here.

Attached: 9275C180-CBF6-4ACA-8806-7778326D963B.png (110x316, 63K)

I've seen a lot of love for 9 from others outside of Yea Forums

Sleep on the floor.

She gets better and has actual development

Personally (ever since the servers went down) I've seen mixed reception to DQ9, leaning towards the positive obviously.

I’m convinced I did something terribly wrong when I played DQ5. Both times I played it, I only had a total of 5 monsters that wanted to join my team. And that’s both play throughs combined. I don’t mind though because I like having characters in the party for party chat.

Would you believe I picked the same wife both times?

The fuck you on about? 3, 5 and 8 are the face of DQ, 3 and 5 in particular. If there's a black sheep it has got to be either 4 or 6.

I watched some YouTube ranking thing recently and all the top comments were about 9. Took me by surprise

Worth it.

It ain't 4 I can tell you that

I am playing the ps2 version and just finished the childhood section

Attached: 20190625_145129.jpg (3264x2448, 2.2M)

9 Is one of the best selling games in the west due to it having actual advertising.

Would have been neat to play when wifi was still alive I guess

I think there is a trick with the router that can still get you the dlc, otherwise you can still play co op if you can convince someone, and the prototype streetpass would never really be big in the west anyways.

I played it, it's cool but 3 and 4 were better.

You can set your router to a certain address and get all the DLC for free, but frankly I have no idea how to do it

People who hate on VI don’t understand what makes a good videogame
>boohoo but i got lost :(
Kys

Toriyama’s peak
Sugiyama’s peak

Also the dlc has always been free.

Didn’t work for me but maybe it’s because i’m not in the US.

Attached: ED4A919C-188B-4974-B65B-87B88C1791FE.jpg (1242x1478, 1.08M)

If V is so good why is its only representation in Smash a Recolor while 4's Hero gets a unique costume?

Attached: main.png (2075x2050, 1.51M)

>Madason uses a staff in all art, you can even see it in the Final Smash
>Madason's only offensive spells are the woosh line
>Madason Isn't the hero, and the actual Zenethian hero would be a better way to rep that trilogy.

Because he wields a staff so he wouldn’t work.

Based taste.

>Toriyama’s peak
>Sugiyama’s peak
>Weaver's Peak

Based and Taniapilled

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-25-15-49-05-90.png (1080x1920, 1.3M)

Seek help.

reminder

Attached: 018umayome_copy.jpg (1000x1399, 408K)

Because I want to play through the entire series from start to finish but all the options for I, II, and III are fucking shit.
>SNES versions
>missing features from the newest versions, require translation patches, translations are hit and miss, supposedly prone to crashing
>GBC versions
>look like shit, official translations are just as questionable as the translation patch's just from a different angle
>iOS/Android versions
>the controls are literally the fucking worst thing ever
All I wanna do is play some fucking Dragon Quest and experience the entire mainline and I can't.

Doesn't this scene also happen if you pick Nera or Debora?

Honestly user just play the gbc version of 1 and 2. They're short games so it doesn't matter that much. 3 is SNES and isn't buggy like the others

There is nothing wrong with the SNES version of 3

I was misinformed on III then, my apologies. Guess I'll just suck it up for I & II and play them on GBC.

DQ 1 2 and 3 were amazing on GBC. I loved them so much, they are what got me into the series. But honestly didn’t get back into them until XI was announced and I got V on DS.

files.catbox.moe/2theqv.png - for anyone interested in getting into DQ, the chart is way too big for Yea Forums

I did and it was mediocre. I can't feel sorrow for a character that has literally 0 personality and lines. Monsters as party members is a good idea but the novelty wears off fast, human party members are much more entertaining.

Just play the mobile [/sports] ports

And don’t listen to IV mobile fags play it on DS

Attached: 344C3D71-9B25-45DB-9FE9-3C5D58350DD8.jpg (2056x1242, 2.22M)

Yeah I think there's some rare crash with a mini game in 3 but you won't run into it in a normal run. Best way to play the game for sure

>And don’t listen to IV mobile fags play it on DS

>play the version with half the text missing

Because I just started DQ1 on my phone.

call me a faggot but if the comparison is fairly accurate i am playing this right now

It's worth it for comfort. I played mobile for a few hours and eventually the movement controls got to me. I walked back up stairs I just came down for the last fucking time

>supposedly prone to crashing
Yeah, there's apparently a glitch that sends you from II to the overworld of I. It's pretty amazing.

This isnt a live action version of 5 just a parody of DQ

One time I went back to the town where you find the other prince at the beginning of the game and he was there again, like a doppelganger, so I went to talk to him and the game crashed. Also you know that event where he gets really sick and you have to get the leaf to cure him? It crashed again once I gave it to him.

Yeah, but Bianca is the one getting memed on since she's the most popular waifu.

Tell me the best way to play each DQ.

Thank God you said this. Been getting into the series. Loved 1 but I just got the jailers key in 2 and GOD it is cryptic and boring. Glad the series only improves.

1 and 2, gbc. 3, SNES. 4, mobile or ds. 5, ds. 6, ds. 7, 3ds. 8, 3ds. 9, ds. 11, switch

Yes, Yuusha Yoshihiko is just a general parody of Dragon Quest and the hero just happens to dress like Madason. They reference multiple Dragon Quest games, like for instance, they end up at a diner called "Roto's" at one point.

1&2: GBC
3: SNES
4, 5, 6, 9: DS
7 & 8: 3DS
11: Switch.

Ive never played a DQ game but i like Pokemon, are they similar at all? Im not sure i can handle the super old school ones but anything relatively modern i'd be into

is tehre anything else similar to Pokemon out there or it a mostly unique series?

SOON

Attached: 0de68f0e8e1591a766685c6756a47a02.jpg (692x1000, 178K)

DQ Monster Joker 1 & 2 on the DS.

once I get around to beating 11

Attached: 1539579095343.jpg (500x375, 23K)

There is a line of spinoffs similar to Pokemon, The Dragon Quest Monsters series. Also, some of the mainline DQ games let you recruit monsters, like 5 and 6, (and 8 to an extent). Take a look at the Dragon Quest games on DS.

>DQ Monster Joker 1 & 2 on the DS.
There's also the older dragon quest monsters games I guess? The first one has a 3ds remake with an English patch

>tfw your sister isn't actually your sister, but still thinks of you as her brother
>tfw one of the two girls in you party doesn't even exist in the real world
>the other one only cares about her brother
Damn, VI hero got no game.

6 was my first DQ game and I liked it

At least it only gets better from there. Except for 2

Oh boy, another "teenagers w/attitude kills god" story. How original

Except it's not that at all

Oh boy, another shitposter who didn't even play the game. How original.

play VI next as it is the best dragon quest

Cant get into any rpgs where combat is in a pov style. I like to see my party doing actions/animations

I know he spends 10 years as a slave but how many years is he turned into stone? Gotta be at least another 10.

Attached: 546FB070-584A-4C2C-AD15-059CE6B5B3A6.jpg (515x720, 56K)

Play VIII on PS2 and 3DS, VII on 3DS, IX and XI all your your party members attacking.

I used to think that, then i played SMT IV.

Why the fuck was Ashlynn invisible when you first meet her in the real world?

Ok, cool thanks.

Because Madason lacks the Z gene

Attached: Dragon.Quest.IV.full.821805.jpg (797x567, 409K)

I really liked the DQ 4 characters

I think it's 8 years, since that's how old your son is when he finds you.
Also your wife is in stone 2 years longer than you.

DQV Hero is literally referred as the "Legendary Wizard" in spin off titles and also what said

which version should I be playing?

I just beat the arena with the tomboy Russian princess saving the other princess in the process, and she's into me. Where are my yuri doujins?

DS

I haven't played the game but can someone be so kind as to elaborate why the wife fucks horses

I was always under the impression that Carver and Milly were the beta couple to VI and Ashlynn.

>super saiyan Gohan in the background
So you fight against Cell in this game?

But I have, currently playing III.
Boy, do you go through a lot of shit in this game.

Attached: dqv_ps2.jpg (480x360, 28K)