Now that the dust has settled, which DMC character pulled off the jump to photorealism the best?

Now that the dust has settled, which DMC character pulled off the jump to photorealism the best?

Attached: 1554153760838.png (2405x1000, 1.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=comV8W-N5Z4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Definitely Dante and Nero

Trish took a hit by looking hella old, Lady took a hit by looking hella young, Vergil took a hit by looking... weird

Vergil and Trish are the only ones that are pretty bad.

V
light eyes still look fucking weird in photo realistic games so the darker the eyes the less detail you can see so you can't tell they look soulless

They really should have just given Vergil proper slicked back hair like he had in DMC1.

I guess his more spiky hair is more iconic now but it just looks dumb with realistic visuals.

Attached: 1560786459668.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Dante's face looks the best but his neck is really fucking long

desu they all look great apart from trish, they should've just made her look like her real life model
Nero is the most handsome though

dante looks great

V looks great too but we have nothing to compare

all the others look slightly (or massively) off

The designers generally did a phenomenal job.

You can tell they put a shit-ton of effort it making the characters have recognizable characteristics while still tweaking it to fit a more realistic style so they just don't look like cosplaying clowns. Just small changes like making Dante's coat a different shade of red goes a long way.

LET NOT MY UwU FAIL ME!

Attached: 1553186196388.jpg (1257x1207, 238K)

cute

I like all of them except Tr*sh.

Nero>Lady>Dante>>Trish>Vergil

I really don't think Vergil looks right at all. Something is just off. He doesn't even look that much like Dante.

hey while this thread is up i just wanna say that im thinking about getting into dmc but which game is okay to start with? is 5 an okay place to begin getting into the series or should i go all out from 1-5

Just play 5 and go back if you feel like it. They aren't (mostly) bad games for sure either but no need to be autismal.

Literally only Nero looks "good". Dante looks ok, Lady has a fish face, Trish's face got fucked up, Vergil has a fivehead, he sorely needs bangs, the Dante faceswap mod can only do so much. V notwithstanding since we have no past appearance to compare him to, but I'd say he also looks good. Pulls off the weird greasy poetryfag look well.

1, 3 ,4, 5. DmC:Definitive Edition if you're willing to give the reboot a shot too

You should at least try to play DMC1, if that's too dated for you play 3 and 4; especially 3. DMC2 sucks and is a waste of time.

You can play DMC5 first but the whole game is basically a celebration of the franchise and serves as a finale of sorts.

So how's the Switch version? Does it run at a stable frame rate? Are the visuals jank undocked?

In this particular picture, all of them look great.
Trish does have a few weird scenes in-game, though.

Its a PS2 game so it should run at 60 FPS no problem.

Hopefully...

Dante,Vergil and Nero are the only ones that look delicious. And Lady too

Attached: D7-WwCoVUAELwjH.jpg (2048x1152, 298K)

>vergil's jacket isn't blue
HOW DID THEY FUCK IT UP

he looks cooler in blue/black

Dante and Vergil are DILFs

It looks so much better than the blue coat.

blue and red is what made them stand out, having the counter/twin character be in a clashing color is a great design element that has been established for decades.

Attached: 23_dantevergil02.jpg (1024x614, 120K)

V, Dante and Nero. Everyone else except Trish turned out okay.
It's cool that they still clearly edited facial features (Nero looks really different from Karlo) so that they're still "characters" unlike RE2's uncanny valley shit

Attached: 1549073466260.jpg (920x1200, 186K)

Yamato is the one who best pulled off photrealism the best

Attached: vergil-yamato-katana-devil-may-cry-5-uhdpaper.com-4K-135.jpg (914x514, 53K)

Nero by far
Vergil would be up there with a better hairstyle
Dante's face, as good as it is just doesn't match the voice/personality
V is like whatever, Lady is cute
they fucked up Trish big time, despite her model being one of those kinda ugly but hot chicks
the real issues them from combining two faces into one
eg. Adam Cowie's face just cannot be as expressive (even IRL) as Reuben's
Vergil's raw model is super good it just looks weird in motion, you just can't stretch his face model's pretty boy features onto Dan's huge manjaw

they could've fucked up a million times but they didnt, based nips
ok Subhuman is still pretty bad but it's easy to mod out, wish i could say the same thing about loadtimes/menus

The teal on black looks fucking sexy as hell. They didn't fuck up anything

Attached: 1560092400000.jpg (1024x576, 139K)

Agreed, honestly was surprised by the amount of people who said it was fine or just didn't notice it.

Attached: e1436449850245.png (1500x1061, 2.84M)

They aren't fighting each other anymore so he doesn't need to be blue.

start with 1 or 3, I'd recommend the former, as it eases you into the combat (less stuff to learn)
3 can be really harsh at first if you're not experienced with action games
dont skip 4
skip the reboot

he still has alot of blue on him though

Sexy sword belongs to sexy man, all is right.

Attached: 1545825492426.jpg (3840x2160, 655K)

I'd say they all pulled off the photo-realism except for Trish.
The promotional renders for Lady are questionable but in game she's good. Trish just has a real bad Sarah Jessica Parker face.
Virgil no longer being an identical twin I can forgive because of thematic reasons but even then if I could I'd sit on that square jawed bastards face.

Lady no contest.

>Manjaw tranny
Lmao you are fag

The black coat is a nice nod to both Nelo Angelo and V, and symbolically shows that Vergil is not the same person he was in DMC3.

Also the blue+black combo looks cool.

Attached: 1552308728806.png (1116x967, 1.03M)

just put Dante's hair on him lads, makes him look way better

Dante and Nero for sure
I feel like Vergil just needs his hairstyle retouched a bit to make him look really good

leave his cute spiky hair alone

Attached: 1531613572122.jpg (3840x2160, 838K)

dante.
the rest look nothing like their former selves. trish and vergil look especially bad, which is strange since they could have just used dante face with different hair.

I'll give you that it's a good callback but
>Also the blue+black combo looks cool
No, it really doesn't. Putting Vergil in black makes him look like every other Wesker or Neo out there. I've never found black clothes cool.

Attached: 66819224_p9_master1200.jpg (933x900, 450K)

The one who became the SFM 3D render god obviously.

Nero

>V's black tattered clothes that he stole influenced Vergil's blue clean clothes and made them more black and tattered when he merged back together
kino

Attached: oex0u2d3ftt21.jpg (636x1100, 96K)

>DMC1
>Vergil in human form existing
Vergil also always had spiky hair.

Attached: 1451744539040.png (450x443, 102K)

He already wore a black coat before he separated himself

You can unlock the blue coat + brown gloves for him anyways.

Dante, easily.

>his upgrade was so strong that it cucked Remake Leon before he was even able to take off

Attached: 932238932.jpg (540x674, 190K)

let me have this, please

Secondaries, when will they learn?

Attached: Nelo-Angelo-unmasked-devil-may-cry-1-39910977-768-342.png (768x342, 346K)

unga

Attached: 20190625130603_2.jpg (1920x1080, 468K)

bunga

Attached: 20190524202833_1.jpg (200x112, 10K)

post more

Attached: 1560653728857.jpg (424x683, 163K)

my bad

wtf did you just say to me

Attached: 20190617223411_1.jpg (200x112, 11K)

I want Nero's mom to unga bunga on my dick and shatter my pelvis

Is this a picture for ants

hehehehehehehehee

Attached: 20190602185632_1.jpg (200x112, 10K)

crewcut more like crewcuck

Attached: 1560035398250.jpg (480x480, 26K)

griffon should have stayed as dante's sidekick ,annoying him with how he keeps talking

Attached: 1557578309114.png (825x464, 167K)

No

t. dante

>stay with the character you had the least chem with
Nah nigga, he should've stayed with Nico and company, to be bullied on their adventures

griffon and Dante team up against Vergil

more like Griffon and Dante tag team Vergil haha

don't lewd the bird

Nero, no contest

>nico sees blue rose
>omfg jesus christ it's so great
>"it could be thought of in theory, but would be extremely difficult to execute would take someone very skilled"
Officially smarter than Dante and Vergil as told by Nico.

Attached: D1FFSH4XQAAjuPB.jpg (800x1200, 609K)

hey babe

Attached: 20190625130325_1.jpg (1920x1080, 438K)

Nah, them doing a suicide by Dante to spare Vergil the nightmares was a very cool idea.

Wait a second. Is that a cosplay?

I'll do whatever I want and I want to do the bird

Attached: 9821798426642.jpg (1706x1431, 217K)

>Is it okay to start a series at the most recent installment?
Stop being retarded

the one with the boobs

>being a furry

i mean

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

>all these fujos creaming themselves on his page
he's not even the best looking character

they're all hot as fuck
except for Trish

If I'm enjoying DMC3 special edition right now, will I also enjoy DMC4 special edition?

All, you have

>Dante: Daddy bae
>Nero: Chad/Jock bae
>Vergil: Conservative mormon bae
>Lady: Innocent girl next door but will kick your ass bae

Attached: aaf71efce3ae0d69be9c33a401bd4e0e.jpg (1920x2235, 266K)

speaking strictly realism his character model looks the most realistic to me.

also

stay mad for being ugly

Attached: 1559871462726.gif (260x317, 3.81M)

no need to be upset vujo, you can keep harassing him on instagram all you want

don't start this shit again

Vergil, Nero, Dante. Not really into V...too twinky and I only like white bois.

1 is pretty dated, but pretty much defined the action genre as it is today, and created a whole sub-genre of its own. I'd say it's worth a shot just for that.
2 is actual garbage, skip.
3 is a fantastic game overall, and should definitely not be skipped. If 1 is too archaic for you, start with this one. It's also a prequel, so you're not missing a lot in terms of story by starting here.
4 has really tight gameplay, but is a bit unfinished in the level design and story department.

5 is "The fanservice game", where every single game in the series is referenced, plus the manga, anime and light novel. The more you invest in this series, the more you will get out of 5. Also has the best and most varied gameplay in the series. Story is a bit of a clusterfuck, but not as bad as some of the other games in the series.

the op asks which character you think looks better photo-realistic not which one you'd let fuck you in the ass

>jump to photorealism
do I really need to post it again?
youtube.com/watch?v=comV8W-N5Z4
here are the creators of the series saying that it always intended to be as realistic as possible.

V is the ugliest mofo

Then why the fuck would you include V when his ass was in no other game? kek

I dunno, why don't you ask the OP instead of me, genius

I love

Attached: 1561428857990.jpg (1962x1278, 290K)

--Dante
fuck you auto post

why is vergil kissing nyante's head

I think hes just holding him up in front of his face, but given the opportunity who wouldn't?

None of them.

All except Trish, because anime boys are trash. Trish is the only one who benefitted from being anime.