xda-developers.com/nintendo-switch-android-hands-on/
emulationstation.org/#download
youtube.com/watch?v=zzhyMwnNmY0
mediafire.com/file/zlgt93q2dte37k3/ABK.rar
youtube.com/watch?v=ol12g5GxI7Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>using Linux

>still using the abysmal videocore GPU, just die shrunk now
I know it's the only GPU they can use that doesn't require proprietary blobs to run, but come on man, it's useless.

I don't think anyone actually buys these mini consoles to play games, they're just nerdy trinkets to put on your shelf.

I appreciate Star Fox 2's final release.

Will this do anything other than faster n64/ps1 emulation?

>to dum too work with raspberry pi
All those youtube videos impress me but I have no idea where to start in creating a shell

>console
most people use them as media hubs/pirate networks

How do I go about making this a retro machine. Already got an 8bitdo snes controller and heard it can connect, are there shells to put it in?

im actually buiding my own arcade machine using a pi 3B to run the games, already downloaded emtore packs of nes, snes, master system, genesis. atari, neogeo. mame, gameboy, gameboy advance and gamegear roms, and I also installed some N64 and PS1 games as well.

hopefully this new one can run dreamcast well enough so I can also put Capcom vs Snk 2

retroflag.com/

You can install any OS that runs on ARM. e.g. Android and Windows (soon).

Give me 8gb of RAM, and it would be fine for a basic home PC.

Look I heard it can run Nes and Snes alright, but what about N64 and Ps1

>Give me 8gb of RAM, and it would be fine for a basic home PC.
There's no SSD. That's bigger bottleneck than RAM.

Are there Menus I can install to make selecting games cleaner?

I want the turbo graphics16 to play the games user. Also snes mini was great since I never had one

I’m sorry you don’t play vidya anymore that you think that

Retropie?

Blast16 is very good for Genesis, I don't know if other programs exist for other systems that are similar

Stop shilling this overpriced, useless hardware.

are you retarded? do you think it has a mechanical drive?

t. creativitylet
I've used my pi for lots of useful stuff

You already can install Windows on it

Can it emulate every N64 game flawlessly yet?

>$38 is overpriced

stay poor poorfag

This and only this.

Don't fall for the meme. These things fucking suck for emulation.

It uses a microsd as storage. Booting through USB drive will be possible later but it's not working yet.

Do you guys think they’ll ever make an n64 mini?

>useless
seedbox, media server/player, feed reader, pihole, emulation. just some of the stuff I use it for. also it draws next to no power so it can be run 24/7

Here's mine I bought a NES shell for it also installed a fan. I'm definitely upgrading to the new rpi once people have figured out everything with it. I haven't checked if it fits the same shells or not but I want a fun shell for my new one too.

I have raspberry pi 3 and I don't trust n64 maybe mario 64 works I dunno I've loaded the games onto it but I tried less popular titles and they had tons of bugs and shit. I heard ps1 isn't great on the pi 3 but I play some games like mvc with absolutely no issue.

Attached: IMG_0708.jpg (3872x2520, 2.04M)

If they can partner with Microsoft to get dem Rare games.

It might need new cases (some of the parts are moved around and different sizes/shapes). Also you need microHDMI cables to output from it

Oh yeah I completely forgot about the different ports. They're definitely going to need all new cases for these things. I hope they make a new one like this. It's pretty neat. They copied all of the features on the original pretty closely.

Attached: IMG_0710.jpg (1865x2823, 1.21M)

>falling for mini motherboard emulation station memes
I remember when I was 18 and you guys were shilling the C.H.I.P. kickstarter lmao

Hacked switches run Lakka and can emulate Gamecube games at 60 FPS, get this poor people shit outta here

When there is one that can emulate gamecube I’ll care. Until then meh, a 3DS can play every thing that can

see

I wish my switch was hackable

Does anyone have an Atari flashback and know if it’s good

I remember when you were 11 and I had a wii to play ripped gamecube games on get rekt faggot

I own two hackable switches

I remember raspberry pi publicly stating some REALLY stupid and offensive horseshit and I told myself I'd never pay them a cent, but honestly I don't really remember what it was.

Good for you. I was a late adopter

Well now I'm curious what they said

?? I had a softmodded Wii before I was 18 too? You say that like it was uncommon or hard to do.

Wii, PSP, NDS flashcards I had all that shit lol

Please try to remember. I'm on the fence about getting one and I really hope it was offensive enough to make me want it more.

Attached: asianPillow.jpg (743x853, 140K)

How does it compare to the Nvidia shield

A lot of people left after this:
twitter.com/Raspberry_Pi/status/522487868984684547

I only have mine because my uncle wanted to play online

me too I bought both of mine off craigslist. one of them only cost $100 and the other was about $200 and came with the box and all original papers/plastic baggies

You realize the Wii natively runs gamecube games right

Switch is like 6 times as expensive as RPi.

Still relevant huh?

Attached: 657653542367584.jpg (1021x709, 101K)

yup I dunno what that guy is going on about the switch for, we've had the ability to play gamecube games for over a decade

No, they had to remake and miniaturize the same technology the n64 had for good emulation, and that will never happen. Also they will never had some of the titles that made the n64 famous

new raspberry pi model launched yesterday tho. it has pretty nice specs and dual hdmi out, does 4k@60fps on a single monitor.

B&RP
I hope they didn't apologize later.

I heard more screeching from normies about snes and psx classic than anyone suggesting an rpi is a sensibler choice

I just want a exclusively for video games android handheld that can play the latest most graphically intense game without costing more than $400. Why is that so hard to get? Every device I see is $1,000+. Yet the switch, ps4 and xbox one are powerhouses compared to phones and they are cheap?

>its useless
>describes how its useful earlier in the same sentence

Attached: 1561379830182.jpg (1024x904, 80K)

What a dumb ass tweet

Switch can run Android, its not public yet
xda-developers.com/nintendo-switch-android-hands-on/

Housefire? For only $35? That's a steal!

Attached: 1_KedwLPE9eXoeuwdciZpE0Q.png (1400x1012, 1.59M)

>4GB version sold out
What's the fucking point now?

Attached: Too_Late_Nintendo_2.webm (960x540, 2.59M)

So cheap? Why do people sell them?

This is all I wanted. Will follow this. Thanks.

What do you mean it’ll never happen?

How come people didn’t like the ps classic? Is the Nintendo memes true?

You do know 70c is low for a passive cooled cpu right?

Look up the GPD Win 2 if you're interested in a similar device, it's a handheld Windows machine that runs somewhat modern (up to 2016ish) games

>Every device I see is $1,000+
The fuck are you on? You can get chinkphones much more powerful than the Switch for $400-$500. For slightly more there's """gaming""" phones that come with things like high refresh rate screens and active cooling. Only problem is input.

over here people were talking about both, psx by nostalgia and snes because it wasn't available back then in non-bootleg form

I wonder if PS2 emulation will ever be viable on these things

one of the guys told me he got it for christmas and played it only a couple of times in several months before selling to to me. he sold it to me with smash, joycon grip, gamecube controller, and the a pro controller for $200, so I call it a $100 console. The other switch I got with a pro controller and another wired controller for $250. I forget what the person said about it when they sold it to me.

PSClassic was terrible at emulating it's own games.

>raspberry pi is all about open source
>this specific software available no where for anything else

>not using Linux

Was it difficult? How did Nintendo do it? Maybe the ps1 had special graphics cards that were difficult to emulate and they couldn’t do it. Just like how the ps2 is hard to emulate

what the fuck are you even talking about?

The hottest thing on that chart is

They cheaped out on the microprocessor. A hacked SNES Classic actually runs a ps1 emulator better

The odroid n2 is passively cooled and peaks at ~40 degrees celsius unoverclocked

>not openIndiana
Enjoy your zfs less piece of shit

The SNES Classic emulates PS1 games better than the PS1 Classic does,I shit you not.

Attached: 1560598371375.jpg (750x683, 127K)

>emulationstation.org/#download
thanks i needed its name the AUR package is not updated but will be nice for figuring out deps

What emulation with pi 4 allow up to?
My pi3 goes till ps1

same but fasterer

Bad emulation, poor selection of games, no DualShock controllers

are the ethernet ports still wired through the usb controller instead of directly attached to the soc?
thats really the only thing keeping me from buying a raspi

Attached: minic and snek - adventure bros.png (207x182, 17K)

>using Linux
>took the time to capitalize the L
>obviously out of respect
Confirmed Linux user

Attached: merely pretending.png (425x1000, 93K)

It just came out

They didn't actually take care in making it. It was the definition of a cash grab fueled by the market created when Nintendo started releasing mini consoles. They didn't use a proprietary emulator, they just took an already existing one from someone outside Sony and called it a day. Plus, they only covered a small fraction of what made the Playstation a memorable system. It really does seem like they had 1 or 2 people working on it and didn't even give them proper resources to do it. The higher ups at Sony kind of don't give a shit about their history and they especially don't understand that people DO still like playing those games even if they look dated.

Why not just get a good smartphone instead? at least you'll be able to play PS2 and Gamecube games, something which these tiny PCs are at least 5 years away from being capable of.

It's not hard to emulate PS1 games, Sony just went full jew

to anybody with a pi, would you mind telling me if this game works well? i might buy me a small poverty-fighter setup if it does
youtube.com/watch?v=zzhyMwnNmY0
and the download
mediafire.com/file/zlgt93q2dte37k3/ABK.rar

But the snes is weaker. Did Sony forget how to run it’s own games? Didn’t the build it from the ground up like they did with the snes? I didn’t buy it because the classic was like 100 dollars but I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Don’t all the companies just slap an emulator on Linux or something? How did Sony fuck that up even though Nintendo did the same thing?

>2 Memei slots
>2019+
>no Display Port
it's worthless trash

Attached: sony's attempt at a mid-gen upgrade.jpg (1024x768, 76K)

I already have a ps2 and GameCube

If you don't stick a Retrotink Ultimate on it for proper 240p analog out then it's not retro

Attached: retrotink ultimate analoge video out.jpg (4032x2268, 1.84M)

youtube.com/watch?v=ol12g5GxI7Y

Because a good smartphone is 10x more expensive and 10x less customizable.

it's just pre-compiled for use on pi iirc. can be used on anything if you compile yourself.
don't quote me on that, i'm retarded.

Attached: IMG_20190418_183812.jpg (1119x746, 112K)

>Was it difficult? How did Nintendo do it? Maybe the ps1 had special graphics cards that were difficult to emulate and they couldn’t do it. Just like how the ps2 is hard to emulate
the psx classic was outsourced and not developed by sony.
sony has had near fucking perfect psx emulation ever since the psp and ps3 could do it.

Brainlet here in theory would psp/dreamcast games run well or not in it?

Attached: 1a11285c1a8cc2883627be1c5968fa8e1b2d4819.png (600x800, 190K)

impressive, but im retarded and like a complete package

Yes, you are. Emulation Station != Retropie

How well or bad does PS1 stuff runs on it? like classic Tomb Raider, Castlevania, FF and shit

Liek I said, they cheaped out on the microprocessor. Picked one that was absolute shit.

I'm playing those on a pi3

They redoing their old tech in a new smaller box would cost way too much, no ammounts if chinice kids workers getting cancer by carcinogenic materials they use will be enough to make it acceptable for the yakusa.

Didnt the government ban chinese phones recently?

runs completely fine

Do you think Trump banned them worldwide or something?

I was able to play dreamcast on my Pentium 4 back then I don't see why this thing couldn't.

just buy a raspberry pi case with a fan/heatsink you retard

>falling for the 8 bit do meme
reddit

>why buy a mini console when you can buy a raspberry pi and never shut the fuck up about it?

>hopefully this new one can run dreamcast well enough so I can also put Capcom vs Snk 2

My nigga. This is exactly what I want to do. I already have a retropi setup (That I barely touch) and have been needing an excuse to do something like this. One can hope.

What can the raspberry pi do?

Why is it so popular?

>why buy a device that's cheaper and way WAY more versatile when instead i can choke on the corporate cock of my favorite videogame company

it's the android vs iphone discussion yet again

>Mini Consoles BTFO
Not really because the appeal was the memorabilia not the games themselves. If it were the games then it wouldn't have sold at all because of how many options exist between the;
Wii U
3DS
Switch
PS3
PS4
Sega's many, many compilations and mini consoles.

A basic PC just need internet and solitaire, so the drive is kinda unimportant.

Cope harder bootlicker

Why would you outsource something like that? We’re they like what could go wrong

I’m confused, are you guys buying a Pi to emulate old games? Why don’t you guys just save the cash and emulate on your computer? Or am I missing something?

It's a $35 computer.
If you have to ask "what can a computer do" then you don't need one.

It's popular because people need or want cheap, low power computers for various projects.

engineers were busy making the ps4 and sony wanted a quick cashgrab after seeing how nintendo made bank

it's so powerful bro. it makes whoever buys it an insufferable faggot, not many pieces of tech can really compare

Did they get their cash?

You can use it to make a tiny machine that looks like a little NES that runs several fistfuls of pirated roms.

Does it handle browsers well?

ps5*

if your buying ANYTHING to play emulators you are in fact the idiot

apparently it was worth it but not as successful as sony had hoped.

For some reason people are averse to plugging their computers into a TV, so they buy a second, smaller computer to plug into the TV.
But the Pi can be put into cute retro themed cases and if you're an all CRT autist then there are addons you can buy for native 240p RGB analog output.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1509x1343, 223K)

user you spelled "you're" wrong.

You are talking to console brainlets, they need a new device for every task of their life.

How do I make my Retropie/emulationstation all fancy with the previews and shit?

As long as it exists, even if you don't want to own one, it moves the market so that the machine you really do want might cost you less.

it's literally a fad for idiots. they'll build a nes emulator with a shell and then it'll sit on their shelf just like all the snes minis

it's a way to say "hey bro I'm like totally old school" without actually playing old games. because people who play old games just play them. they don't post about it on their Yea Forums blog

holy fuck dude literally just buy a computer.

>because people who play old games just play them. they don't post about it on their Yea Forums blog

/vr/ proves you can do both.

Not the guy you replied to. Isn't a microsd a solid state drive?

I have a computer, but I'd like something small to use elewhere instead of lugging around my desktop.

lol. /vr/ is almost as bad as Yea Forums in terms of "not playing games"

It's a drive, and it's solid state, but it is not a Solid-State Drive.

don't buy a retropie. you will never use it like all the people in this thread.

yeah but then the shitpost doesn't work

The only brand they banned is Huawei. Which doesn't make anything good for gayming anyway.

Fun to bring it around as a portable multi console.

It isn't very fast and isn't reliable over the long term.

The emulator they used was some basic, ancient open source shit they swiped from the internet, with very little modification (if you plug in a keyboard you can access the emulator options without hacking). And to make matters worse, a lot of the ISOs in the western variants were PAL versions instead of NTSC for some dumbfuck reason (which often ran worse).

To where? You don’t get invited to any parties

>Also they will never had some of the titles that made the n64 famous
Pretty much just Banjo, maybe Mischief Makers. Everything else was Nintendo

use your smartphone then, retard

>For some reason people are averse to plugging their computers into a TV, so they buy a second, smaller computer to plug into the TV.
Strange isn't it. I mean, I buy consoles for their exclusives from time to time but from time to time I just throw my cables into my PC and fire up some PC games.

Sony hardware (not just for vidya), the Switch, and the best iPhones of each generation are the only ones that can compete.

>they had to remake and miniaturize the same technology the n64 had for good emulation, and that will never happen
Field Programmable Gate Arrays could make it happen, we're already starting to see them in third party emulator boxes.

>Isn't a microsd a solid state drive?
It's not an SSD. MicroSD's are more than 10 times slower than SSD's and more prone to breakage.

>raspberry pi 4 is finally happening
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1549326664477.png (152x254, 40K)

4gb version is sold out.

I bought one for starfox 2. The last good starfox official starfox game.

Can it do gamecube/ps2 though?

>4gb ram
>in fucking 2019
Cringe
Into the trash it goes

That's fine, all the software worth using hasn't been updated to run on the things yet.

No.

not yet, wait for pi 6 for that

can't I just run stuff off my computer wtf is this nerd shit

There will also be an 8gb version.

Attached: pi4-8gig-scan.jpg (1032x1740, 367K)

I thought the wii was also a good idea?

And my Nvidia Shield that I got for $130 can also emulate Gamecube games at 60 FPS.

Sweeeeeet

>needing 128gb of RAM in a low power ARM machine

what are you doing

>usb 2 and 3 have separate slots
I'm not very into tech but isn't usb supposed to be fully backwards compatible?

>micro HDMI
why the fuck do they keep making smaller ones? is fraction of an inch they shave off actually helping anyone?

It is, but only 2 of those slots will gain any benefit from any USB 3.0 devices.

Yes, but making all the port usb3 would have made the device cost more.

Yes
probably a cost thing. pi is designed to be cheap as shit

Using it as a small computer and dolphin emulator

Yes, but it is not forwards compatible.
the USB 2 slots can -only- do USB 2.

More like Raspberry POO!

So get a NUC or build an mITX machine.

i set up a pi for this a long while ago and these are pretty awesome but in fairness setting it up out of the box is way beyond your average retard's abilities. not implying its hard in any way shape or form of course since you can literally just follow directions, but i think you forget just how dumb your average human being is, particularly when it comes to technology beyond "plug in and press button to turn on". in that respect paying an extra $50 to have something that works with no setup whatsoever is worth it to most people, especially considering $50 is fucking nothing if you're not a complete poorfag.

>/g/ay thread

It's so you can connect two displays at once. I guess they didn't want to stack the full size ports or something

Are there any good cases that fall more in line with the psp or vita?

Is it really necessary to solder the GPIO?

The architecture is different. Sure the datas have all same access time like a SSD but it's not nearly fast as one, nor is as durable

It's a hat you dingus.
You're looking at where the socket that recieves the GPIO pins has been soldered to the board.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (900x506, 90K)

>MiniHDMIx2
Just get Displayport already, shit is cheaper and you can use multiple screens from the same port.
AND also use HDMI from that port.

Wait wait wait. Is this real? I remember using usb 2 hardware on my old as fuck pc with usb 1.
It was just limiting speed for transferring files.
Does usb 2 works same way with usb 3 or it won't work at all?

low quality bait

>Linux
Yes. Linux is awesome.

Attached: Linus_pilot.jpg (577x577, 56K)

New models have the cpu enclosed in a sorta-mini-heatsink

They used a shitty open source emulator with really weak hardware.

And the best one that runs stuff properly is also open source, they just skipped it because its not the first result in google.

Hotels when I'm traveling on business. You do travel right?

Oh boy, you're retarded.
Your USB 2 hardware was running at USB1 specs because the hardware was backwards compatible.
The USB1 was not retroactively upgraded to USB2.

>ps2 games
No way they work smoothly

USB is fully backwards and forwards compatible, however it can only go as fast as the slowest/oldest USB standard in the connection

Good emulation.
Perfect controller for stuff.
Shitload of documentation if you are into EE or CE.

>RbP4 launches, new model in years, big news
>faggots itt won't stop spamming HURR YOU GUYS NEVER SHUT THE FUCK UP STOP TALKING ABOUT THE PI

Attached: 1531226633716.jpg (522x420, 22K)

It will work at USB2 speeds you dumb

Pfft a Friend bought the Raspberry pi3(?) And that shit barely can handle the PS1 and N64 games.
My PS TV is more fun than that shit.
And for retro stuff a Nintendo Wii is better.

Im using this miniPC as 1080p media center and some retrogames.

Attached: thinkcentre-m600-thin-client-hero.png (725x515, 228K)

>Im using this miniPC as 1080p media center and some retrogames.
I can guarantee it cost you more than $35.

*blocks your path*

Attached: udoo bolt.png (450x333, 245K)

Its $70 used.
You can put a mSATA or M2 SSD on it too.

not a SBC

Too bad its $300-450.
At that point its cheaper to buy a used office SSF PC and a low profile GPU

There's no point comparing something that costs $70 used to something that costs $10 used. Might as well use a high end gaming PC as a comparison, then.

close enough, and still a cool small computer
too bad it's hella expensive

>that shit barely can handle the PS1 and N64 games.

N64 is a poor example, nothing emulates it properly.
>but muh vita, muc pc
Neither run Wonder Project J2 without errors because the emulation software itself is a half-assed bodge to get popular titles running at any cost.

It boots from a fucking SD card, you baboon

>muh obscure as shit jap game
the mupen64plus interpreter + angrylionRDP runs it fine

SD card is not an SSD, you mouthbreather.

I just have a second PC for that. Two desktops. The TV one is an i7 2700 with 16gb of RAM and some old GPU but it does the work it's required to do x

Stupid phone. *except for running the PS2 emulator smoothly. But that could still just be pcsx2 being crap

neither of which require more than 4GB of ram typically

reminder you're not running winbloat on it, 75% of it isn't already taken up on login

I use mine to download torrents for TV show and movie as soon as they are released onto my hdd, but you can do fancy stuff like uploading to a plex server so you can access your media content anywhere in the world.

Could I hook up a bunch of cheapass hard-drives to one of these, stick 'em in a trash-can/pizza-box/milk-crate and make a ghetto server to push backups to?

Attached: 1449040650304.jpg (374x347, 39K)

It has 2 USB 3 ports and 2 USB 2 ports. You do the math.

You could just do that with an old PC and not have a pizza box full of hard drives in your house.

but i don't have any old PC's laying around and if i do things this way i can keep both my pizza and my raid array in the same place

think of the efficiency

I’m playing Chrono Trigger right now on mine actually

I can't argue with that logic desu. It would even keep the pizza warm

is this also running the plex server? if not, then why have it auto download?

any torrent client worth its salt supports rss

Does it have the power to play 4k Blu Ray files? Might get

Attached: 1560552888121.png (600x924, 325K)

I'm glad some people notice this. I always intentionally leave a person's name in lowercase if I hate them

It's fun.

it can do 1 4K display @ 60Hz or 2 4K displays @ 30Hz and has H.265 decoding support, so yes

if I want to watch a new show after it has released I would have to go to my PC in the morning, download and wait for it to finish, whereas with my pi it will be ready to watch by the time I get up.

oh you mean in terms of power savings

rss feeds trigger instantly, but one thing torrent clients will not do automatically (because it's harmful to the swarm) is download files sequentially (start to finish)
you can do this manually based on your client and start watching as soon as a couple pieces finish instead of waiting for the entire thing.

but yeah power I guess

Sounds like you're installing a bunch of shit and then never using it senpai.

I know because n64 emulation on the pi is absolute unplayable garbage.

Are there videos of the switch running gamecube games at 60? All the ones I find are wind waker at 20 fps.

>not just having a hacked Wii or WiiU

>that NES labeling
I'm embarrassed to see that piece of shit

Come on now, the Wii?