Why do people love this guy so much?

Why do people love this guy so much?

Attached: maxresdefault (12).jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gKKGdxbjnt8
youtube.com/watch?v=KL7AqqwlRN4
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6AuvA-tl3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=6y1N_fKqHik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Absolutely based boss theme probably helped a lot

Because that scene is so over the top it's great.

Attached: kiryu slap.gif (800x451, 3.33M)

Why didn't he break Kiryu's arms here? You can't just block a pipe like that.

Attached: yakuza-way-walkthrough.jpg (770x578, 42K)

>You can't just block a pipe like that.
Not with that attitude.

Attached: 1557613969361.jpg (588x592, 89K)

Kiryu's my favorite autist

His ethos was cool. Much cooler then the boring hedonist or jealous faggot.

Great themes, and his tenacity is admirable.

Also cool as shit that at the beginning he hates Kiryu, but in the finale they both respect each other.

youtu.be/gKKGdxbjnt8

I hate that boomer tho

at least for me it was refreshing to see a villain who wasn't sympathetic. At first he just wanted power and to crush Kiryu. But as the story progressed, while his goal was largely the same you could tell that he evolved to have different motivation.

Does he or the other two show up in any of the other games? Just finished 0 a few days ago.

He had honor, you could never understand his appeal because you're a shitskin with no integrity. He knew he couldn't take Kiryu down face to face but he always attacked him head-on anyway, never tried to ambush him with a gun or run from a beating. Shit like this is why I wish we just kept our games away from you filthy gaijin, pic related.

Five minutes of this guy has more soul than many characters that have entire franchises based around them.

No. All of the godliness of y0 is self contained. I've played Kiwami 1, 2 and a bit of 4 and can say that y0 was a fluke.

>He had honor
Yeah for like 3 of the fights, in the last one it was literally 1v10 or some shit

He literally tried to hit him with a motorcycle and pipe

Yakuza Kiwami 1/2 on sale now. I’ve only played 0. Should I buy them?

Neither are as good as 0, but 2 is worth playing and by, proxy kiwami is too. Combat starts slow but dragon mode does eventually start to feel good.

Kiwami 1 is an expansion pack of 0. Buy it if you want more 0 and can tolerate a quality dip.

he starts off as a bastard you hate and ends as a bastard you respect

Same with Sagawa. I hated Sagawa but in the end I actually felt sorry for him

Don't mind me just posting the best yakuza villain

Attached: 1537877414115.png (693x655, 483K)

>gaijin
Okay James the English teacher

motherfucker looks like a japanese hank hill

Attached: Dr8s51XVsAAspSe.jpg (528x509, 40K)

>tfw no boss fight

Attached: 1514493804167.jpg (500x525, 24K)

I'm no Yakuzafag but I loved how he mirrored a rival as determined and badass as DMC3 Vergil. Great theme, personality and acting, too.

Fucking god-tier theme and I love characters who refuse to stay the fuck down

Kiwami is basically an expansion pack of 0 with a Yakuza 1 set dressing. Kiwami 2 is based off of 6's engine, it's a great game on its own but there's a lot of stuff missing from the original Yakuza 2. They're definitely worth getting though you might want consider playing the originals at some point down the line, 1 because experiencing the Yakuza 1 dub is a rite of passage for Yakuza fans (STUPID OLD FUCK) and 2 because it's arguably a better game.

Sagawa's death unironically made me tear up. Shine on you crazy diamond.

>You can't just block a pipe like that.
Yeah, but this is Kiryu.

Attached: This is far too scary.webm (640x360, 2.79M)

>people
Never heard anybody say anything remotely positive about him.

Nah, Kuze’s arc was him abandoning his honor as he sought revenge culminating in him bringing goons to a fight, and then realizing he’s fucked up and trying to get back to his roots where it was just him, alone, fighting against someone stronger than himself.

>that webm

there is no god

You didn't fight Kiryu's secret ghost boss?

Attached: That's a quick makeup change.webm (568x320, 2.94M)

I hated Sagawa by the end, I understood him, but I still hope he felt that bullet.

PC modding is great:
youtube.com/watch?v=KL7AqqwlRN4

>not posting best guy

Attached: file.png (320x320, 153K)

Last one was 1v1, he stood up to Kiryu alone even though he pretty much knew he'd get destroyed.

Anybody else playing Judgment?
Just started chapter 2 and holy fuck I love the story and characters so far. Not feeling the combat yet and the wall kicks are clunky as fuck.

>and the wall kicks are clunky as fuck.
Just hold X and run up to the wall, then press square or triangle and the direction of the enemy you want to hit. Not sure why everyone is having trouble with it.

How accurate are the subs in this game? My japanese is very weak so I can't really keep up with them without the subs.

Attached: 20190624205225_1.jpg (1920x1080, 271K)

considering the dialogue isn't voiced you'd need some pretty good Japanese to understand it

I initially hated his guts, but after fighting with him, I didn't like him more, but I gained more respect for him.

Well, I mean the voiced scenes obviously. There are a lot of scenes there. Naturally not everything will be voiced.

he's based and his fights are kino. great theme too youtube.com/watch?v=Y6AuvA-tl3Y

Executing them is easy but they have glitched out for me multiple times already. The leg grab attack especially has had some wonky homing stuff happen where Yagami just spins around the enemy for a second before they even touch and do the animation. Maybe it's a weird angle that makes it happen.

How good are 3, 4, and 5 bros
And 6 for that matter

Attached: 1514805576090.jpg (485x315, 21K)

Because Kiryu is literally invincible.

>3
Trainwreck story, bad localization
>4
Less trainwreck but still fundamentally silly story with some really bad notes, pretty good gameplay wise

It's not a word-for-word translation, but the quality of the localization overall is very solid.

That's good to hear, thanks.

I've played every Yakuza game, including Kenzan and Isshin, but I skipped 3 because everyone told me it's the worst.
4 is great because of the new playable characters and expanded Kamurocho.
5 is less great but has the best minigames. Areas are spread too thin because of how many there are.
6 is the first dragon engine game so it's a bit barebones but it has the comfiest new area.

3's forgettable in my opinion. 4 is the real one you should start with since it covers the plots of 1, 2 and 3 if you don't feel like playing through the admittedly aged original pair. 5 plays off of the characters from 4 and is a little tighter and refined since it's the same engine. Haven't played 6 yet. 0 is better than all of them, but I feel like you really need to see Majima be a crazy asshole before you see him in 0 to understand why he is the way he is in both.

how did they manage to make this scene so kino?

Attached: KIRYU.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Ah, I had problems with the grabs doing that as well, the kicks and punches were never a problem for me though.

3 depends on if you're alright with the fact it's the beach episode of the series. It takes a while to actually start and let you run around Ryukyu, it has several moments during the story where it stops to hang out with the kids, and the story has some long expository moments, but it's alright. Keep in mind it has some carry over problems from Kenzan like enemies blocking a lot but you'll get used to that. It's more of a problem on the bosses.
4 adds a bunch more to Kamurocho (Rooftops and underground), and all the new characters are fun. Tanimura's final boss is pretty bad though. The story has tons of twists and I found it hilarious from Kiryu's chapter onward, it was just nonstop reveals and it got even sillier and sillier with every new one.
5 has tons of content, tons of new minigames, tons of new mechanics, and in general is just a bunch of stuff for you to do. Boss fights are mostly repeats of earlier ones which is a bit disappointing, and Haruka's chapter depends on your tolerance of her and if you don't mind repetition with her. Her choices at the end also ruin her character completely. Shinada is a great new character in the story but gameplay-wise he doesn't really work that great being a weapon master and all.
6 continues off of 5's terrible decisions thanks to Haruka. Story-wise it's alright, but as Kiryu's final game it's pretty disappointing because outside of Date, Daigo, Haruka, and Akiyama there's barely anyone else he knows appearing. The new characters are good as well. Lots of people don't like the Secret of Onomichi, and because it's the Dragon Engine's first game there's lots of missing content compared to 5. It's an alright game but temper your expectations, the substories and Onomichi in general are great though.

Attached: YAKUZA 6_ The Song of Life Hana-no-kubo__4.jpg (1920x1080, 568K)

>Tfw never skip for the opening just for that part where that scene plays and the music climaxes perfectly

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6AuvA-tl3Y
honestly everything about the scene worked perfectly, and the music ramping up just at the right moment was so good

Attached: 1559689209457.jpg (548x339, 14K)

Walter Kuze Mazzarri

this, some of the most hype shit I've ever seen in video games

I enjoy the Y0 opening a lot. I'm surprised the U.S. version had a different song but the video remained the same, it seemed like it was made for the Entrance Song.

Attached: 1550424031463s.png (243x250, 71K)

GENERAL SECRETARY OF THE
COMMUNIST PARTY OF CHINA

XI JINPING

Attached: Xi-Jinping-presides.jpg (2058x2149, 953K)

He was a Yakuza through an through and respected the code.
What's not to like about Kuze?
Pic related is also really good.

Attached: sagawa.png (568x447, 374K)

You don't mean Xi "The Bear of China" Jinping do you?!

Sagawa had that mad spark in his eyes. I think that influeced Majima even more into madness then the yakuza roughing up his Karbaret.

The mad aspect is definitely Nishitani.
Tenacity is Sagawa my dear user.

Nishitani is more alpha with him doing what he want I wouldn't call it madness but more confidence.
But even with his tenacity, Sagawa had always something wicked to him.

I absolutely loved Sawaga's smugness

My japanese is kinda shit, but translation seems pretty good.

holy fuck this guy is a complete cunt but completely loveable at the same time

how is that not absolutely great writing?

the entire game is pure kino but that takes the cake

cuz he's Asian lol

After going through the whole series I can confidently say 0 is still the best

Attached: 1558813223826.png (711x741, 504K)

Yeah, it's fantastic so far. We're at the same part, just got to chapter 2. Not really having problems with the wall kicks other than I get too eager and try to do them when the enemy is nowhere near a wall.

So we're getting more Judgement games, right? The jap Amazon reviews are glowing

true

Attached: 1558648494290.jpg (240x498, 21K)

>So we're getting more Judgement games, right?
They did say they wanted to turn it into a franchise (Like Black Panther was at one point), they mentioned future games would probably start seeing guys from the mainlines (So that probably means Date, Tanimura, and Akiyama if I had to guess), and I seem to recall reading something that alluded to them wanting to do a new area in the next game but I might be misremembering that bit.

>grabbed FotNS a while back when it was on sale to scratch the yakuza itch
>it's fucking shit
Judgment is better, right?

It doesn't get any more kino er than y0
youtube.com/watch?v=6y1N_fKqHik

Yakuza 0 is on sale, is it good entry into the series?

Yes. FotNS is more like a mix of bad ideas (The summarized story moments from the series mixed with things like the buggy) mixed with fun gameplay. Judgment is basically improvements on the Dragon Engine and it's trying new things in the gameplay.

It is though it would be more preferable to start with PS2 so you don't experience a massive jump in engines and system polish between K1 and K2 and then K2 to 3. Up to you to choose how you want to proceed, 0 is still perfectly fine just understand with K1 and K2 the stories are from the PS2 games and so is a majority of the content so things like substories aren't remotely close to modern quality, and there's engine jumps from K1 to K2 and then you go back multiple years once you to go 3.

probably because they started from yakuza 0 like a retard instead of playing it in release order

>Ryukyu

I miss it, bros. I'd run around that small map for hours, it was just so comfy. I'd move there irl if I had the money.

>Ryukyu
>Onomichi
>Gion
>Fushimi
>That riverbank house in Kenzan.
They all look like such relaxing and wonderful places to live.

Attached: 1478161280993.jpg (309x362, 8K)

>3
most people don't like it but i think it's fine. I really like the slow start
>4
the story is a huge fucking mess, final bosses dont't have any weight. 4 playable character is a bad idea, especially in a game like yakuza. I seriously don't understand why everyone thinks this is the best one. Akiyama is the best character though
>5
Kiryu chapters are 10/10 and probably the best in the series. Saejima chapters are the worst thing I've ever played. The other character is pretty bad too, I don't even remember him. Also developers thought it would be a good idea to put idol chapters in a yakuza game for some reason
>6
Bad and disappointing. The new engine is a mess. Default moving speed is walking. It has really bad ragdoll mechanics. Foods give you way more exp than the fights.Story is really mediocre,"Yeah let's just forgete all these characters and do a new thing so it'll be beginner friendly", what a great way to end a character's story

Just play 1-2-0 and stop

>villain

Attached: 20190423004856_1.jpg (1920x1080, 320K)

more like 0 then K2 then skip to Judgment

The greatest influence on goro majima he made him into a real Yakuza

Majima started as a real Yakuza, Saejima just turned him into someone with greater ambitions than basic thug. It also helps that Majima is apparently the most talented man in the Yakuza series.