23 years young yet no one cares about this dead game. what went wrong?

23 years young yet no one cares about this dead game. what went wrong?

Attached: dead game lol.png (593x628, 479K)

I dont know where else to ask this, but what about that franchise Unreal?

I just picked up the anthology for $2 at a pawn shop and hear distinctly less about this game than quake. It has deus ex music and seems to play like turok, kinda bland though

I can’t play Quake 1 anymore because I played it on hard as my first run of the game. Got really hard at some point like at one point there was two of those lightning monsters in the same room and similar bullshit and I couldn’t keep going. I tried playing on Normal but it was too easy. And hard is too hard. I never finished it. Thanks for reading my blog.

It must be harsh for Quake fans to see just how much bigger Doom has become as a franchise

Unreal was after Quake, but I think most people agree Unreal 2k4 was the height, just that it had some amazing graphics for it's time. Hence "Unreal". At least Quake 1 had a pretty unique aesthetic that set it apart from it's sequels, but Unreal was rather bland, just lots of muscle and tubes.

You are in charge of a new single player Quake. How do you do it?

>no one cares about this dead game
>multiple community projects in progress to celebrate the anniversary

Attached: 1560987661442.png (560x620, 171K)

Name one.

>/vr/ Quake mapping project
>Speedmapping event #198

Take it back primarily to its Lovecraftian slipgate dimension travel fuckery but with a few levels on Stroggos which leads to the Strogg Invasion of Earth as a response to Ranger's one-man attack on their planet.

quake will forever be relevant, that's like saying mario bros is irrelevant
if staying dead prevents it from becoming shallow blockbuster trash then I'm fine with that

Quake is objectively a shit game

you don't need a degree in architecture to make a map for Doom

Change glorykills in Doom from fist to axe. Change weapons, monsters and levels. Add few easter eggs to Doom and collect money.

And force Mick to make badass soundtrack.

I meant recently. Doom 2016 is well received and about to get a AAA sequel whereas Quake got Quake Champions, a game that feels like it was made on a shoestring budget that already seems abandoned by the devs

I actually just finished this game while waiting for the summer sale to start
I will admit I am a retard and had to look up how to kill Shub Niggaruth

>putting a transphobe in charge of a soundtrack

But Mario is not relevant. Just like Sohnic.

there's a general thread about it and the other classic fps games on /vr/ retard

>couldn't beat the game on hard
>meanwhile I beat the game on a fucking N64, on nightmare
literally git gud homosexual

Doom 2016 is dogshit, QC is passable because even with the gimmicks and bloat bolted on it still plays like quake or at least a decent imitation of quake

I am not transfag. Not my problem if he is not pedo, he can do whatever he want.

Hub level placed in some skyscraper from Sidney post Sub-Niggurath invasion. You manage a squad and fight in the city, looking for new tech and weapons and hopefully a way to recover the city.
Or just Forgotten_Sepulcher but make it bigger until it's it own game.

Doom was always bigger, retard.

Wow when did you turn into a little bitch who has to Google how to beat a game? Maybe you should stick to press x to Jason games?

Hey fuck you N64 is probably dumbed down so Nightmare mode is probably PC Normal mode you cunt, also it was my first time playing it

Doom fans and quake fans are the same people, you spastic

Attached: 1284034961642.jpg (600x663, 45K)

The N64 version is actually a near beat-for-beat straight port, I would know since I've played every version including the Saturn port and the enemy stat values, enemy placements, item locations, etc. are 99% identical. In fact some of the only changes actually make the N64 version harder, like a removed pillar here and there which reduces available cover. I also beat it on N64, as a kid, without ever having played the PC version first, so you really have no excuse. Get back in the game.

I played Quake on my n64 first, it was pretty okay.

You’re trying too hard to fit in, son

Not him, but play more real shooters. Id games are easier than most

>boasting on Yea Forums
Go back

>being too shit to beat a 1995 PC game
You first

Quake was way WAY bigger from the mid 90s to the mid 00s. Doom had a comeback due to many really good mods getting made bringing back attention to it, and is now in a second heyday.

Quake is kind of a strange franchise that never really found its footing. Quake 1 was good but a lot of people criticized it for being a glorified tech demo, despite having good level and enemy design. Quake 2 came out, and while the setting felt more flesh out compared to Quake 1's brown castles the level design was far worse. Then 3 happened which was just multiplayer. The rest of the games have been all over the place in terms of direction and quality.

>I tried playing on Normal but it was too easy. And hard is too hard.
That is the worst fucking feeling in the world, in any game.

Unreal Gold is underrated as far as retro shooters go.
10/10 atmosphere and soundtrack, inventive weapons, and combat that focuses on outmaneuvering and dueling individual enemies over just throwing a bunch of dudes at you at once. Also has some nice optional lore with the universal translator.

Counterstrike fucked it in its' stupid ass

Fuck you I’m going to beat hard mode now.

Almost reminds us of Half life.

You had to Google how to beat a game user, pathetic

Motherfucking Arcane Dimensions.

Get good retard

Start on Nightmare or go home. Learn what each enemy is weak to, learn how to deal with shamblers and vores, learn how to conserve valuable ammo by leveraging the shotgun properly.

Is Mick a transphobe? Based

Again? What are they adding this time, more vanilla levels remakes? E1M1 remake was great.

Git gud dude.

It’s a shame Quake is pretty much dead.

They shold make the enemies way stronger too, unlike doom the enemies in quake will straight up murder you if you don't run away and fight smart

Attached: QK_shambler_walker.gif (283x210, 127K)

The enemies in Doom 2 are just as strong as the enemies in Quake though.

Yeah. Point is they have tools. Just no Strogg stuff. Doom already look like Quake 2 remaster.