How actually fucked are these guys?

How actually fucked are these guys?

Attached: X1NH71Z11PTZ1508884994858.jpg (1200x628, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6E950MMgPOA
reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/c57jxd/can_we_all_collectively_chill_out_a_bit/
youtube.com/watch?v=rrnw7XuGTJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Yea Forums fantasy world
the libs are going to be dragged out on the streets and get their heads stomped in while a captive amount of them is allowed to keep classic wow up

>reality
moderately fucked until they fix Diablo, OW and WoW

totally
i seriously dont see the appeal of anything they've done after frozen throne

Why would they be?

>World of warcraft is making a comeback
>Overwatch 2 in production
>Diablo 4 in production
>Diablo mobile to be a success in China and on the mobile market
You would have to be a fool to not invest while their stocks were down

i havent bought a blizzard game in 10 years.
i recently deleted the blizz launcher.
it felt like a oppressive weight had been lifted from my computer.
their SJW shit is approaching the point where a boycott is possible for me.
if theres no naga in the wow expansion its likely i wont ever buy a blizzard game again.

Attached: wow_contest__naga__by_empireinc-d6ndwtg.jpg (727x941, 88K)

They'll have a decline in revenues and reputation which will get current management fired and new blood to fix things.

Warcraft 3 remastered will also be a success.

>if theres no naga in the wow expansion its likely i wont ever buy a blizzard game again.
anyone want to tell him

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.

If Ion and Lore don't get kicked off the WoW team there is some seriously weird shit going on

I will post this in every thread about Blizzard shit. Fuck Blizzard, Fuck EA, Fuck DeepSilver, Fuck Ubisoft.

You literally fight queen azshara in the patch that launches tomorrow

sure i'll do it
son, your mother and I... well lets just im tired of her sticking a dildo in my ass every night so im moving out
also the new expansion has naga

Attached: Blizzard leak 06-2019.png (1901x2506, 376K)

playable naga, user. playable. i want naga as a player race. not 10 half assed reskins of existing races.

Attached: 203 naga blog nachomolina.jpg (1134x888, 130K)

WTF IS THIS REAL??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? BLIZZ BTFO

Imagine everything Yea Forums says about cdpr but true

>moderately fucked until they fix Diablo, OW and WoW

Yeah just have to fix their entire company no big deal.

As long as Blizzard is partnered with Activision, nothing will be fixed.

Depends on your definition of 'fucked'.

In terms of being a powerhouse Triple-A studio? Pretty fucked. Their main fanbase will likely only get pushed further away from them as WoW dies, RTS becomes unviable, and Overwatch likely moves to be more console favoured with OW2 as it sold tons on console. Expect even more aggressive monetisation of properties.

In terms of being profitable? Everything I've heard from the internals of Blizzard is a large in-house shift to developing a lot of mobile games and the like, alongside a push to win people back after all the negative press. Chances are their mobile properties will make bank, but it won't help with the alienation of their fanbase. Over time I can see Blizzard turning more and more into a Zynga-like entity, using its IPs to make cash off mobile more than the PC platform. They want to leave a really good impression on the coming BlizzCon, which lines up with them withdrawing from Gamescom - they want everything there.

The most likely thing is Mohaime or similar will probably found a new company and pull in a bunch of the 'older' Blizzard devs, who go on to be a single-A or AA studio. Ben Brode might actually already be a starting point for this.

tldr; Blizzard will survive and be profitable, but it'll probably lose its already fading "darling status" amongst players.

Attached: bootymaker.png (1920x1080, 2.26M)

Based

I was once excited to fight azshara one day because I liked that part of the lore
now I haven't played wow since the early days of space fel demons
is it worth it? or nah?

damn thats pretty fucked

Attached: 4b4ec27216340af4e9887b187fd49741.jpg (886x967, 73K)

They are creatively bankrupt but not financially. Unless they start hiring creative people, this won't change

>wow is a mess since mop
>diablo 3 was boring shit
>overwatch was a solid foundation of a game that never went anywhere
>mobile game success in China is somehow a god thing

>moderately fucked until they fix Diablo, OW and WoW
they're making Diablo 4 a esports Destiny reskin, OW is fucked beyond repair and there is no one qualified at blizz to take the reigns and fix WoW

>until they fix Diablo, OW and WoW

Which will never happen, unfortunately

Attached: 1552475185987.jpg (370x223, 18K)

FFXIV has them on guard that they have to release a major patch to compete around the same time SB drop they are pretty fucked.

I honestly cannot believe that, at one point, Blizzard had the absolute best, most skilled and most talented people in the ENTIRE industry

Attached: A_master_is_out.jpg (800x624, 57K)

Diablo 4 has been leaked as a regular game and apparently devs have been shifted to a huge patch that "fixes" Overwatch (Overwatch 2 similar to HOTS 2)

idk about WoW but usually after a shit expansion there's a good one

when will people just openly beat the shit out of sjws?

He typed a lot so it MUST be real!

>after a shit expansion there's a good one

The game has to be changed dramatically if it ever plans to make a comeback

Putting out more expansions with more "stuff to do" isn't going to change anything

>Playable Nagas
Think about what you're actually asking for you idiot

I'm honestly sad at the fucking state of blizzard as someone who loved their very first games
but everything has an end I suppose

>at one point

>usually after a shit expansion there's a good one
Everything after MoP was shit, everything before and including MoP aside from cata was good/great.

>wow on its deathbed with actual competition with xiv
>starcraft dead
>hots dead
>diablo dead
>classic wow servers empty, 9 out of 10 servers shut down
>all the money made from overwatch that was put into esports didn't return anything
>36% of all hearthstone and overwatch players gone
>pic fucking related
they are so unbelievably fucked. They squadred so much money it's not even funny.

Attached: 1561476589789.jpg (611x337, 65K)

considering the amount of death threats that Blizz has gotten throughout BFA's lifespan it's very likely something big is going down in 9.0
it's already very plausible that crossfaction gameplay is the next expansion's thing

No king rules forever, my son

>usually after a shit expansion there is a good one
false. Legion wasn't good. There is no A/B team or anything of the sort. Games been trash since early Cata, arguably Wrath

>something big is going down in 9.0

I'll believe it when I see it

i have, you must be an english second language, or a retard because playable naga are 100% possible

Attached: naga.jpg (800x635, 60K)

the mass majority disagrees

I really can't see WoW getting a 10.0
9.0 for sure because it's most likely already in development, but unless it's massively groundbreaking (and it won't be), 9.x is the final WoW expansion

yes, that's what I said

color me surprised

You think they would hire me if i applied there?

WoW is their biggest cash cow so it'll likely continue at the expense of other games. Classic alone in its first few months will pay for up to 11.0

yeah I dont give a fuck what reddit revisionists think. Legion blew ass and only got worse the more you tried to play it.

depends, are you gay?

it's not about having money to develop it, because they do, it's about the shareholders not wanting to sustain a carcass of a game with an extremely declining playerbase

>Legion wasn't good

Indeed it wasn't but it at least was an improvement and a step in the right direction in many aspects and people honestly hoped BFA would continue the momentum

there is no other property at Blizz currently doing better

AZSHARA A WAIFU

Blizzard's communication with the players over the years:

>lol who cares what you morons say and think, you nerds will buy it anyway

Fast forward to today:

>Hey, why isn't anyone playing our game?

Attached: Garrisonresourcesloaded.jpg (1920x1080, 286K)

If you´re dark/wierdoqueer yes

diablo might with the Chinese

I worked for Blizzard in customer service 9 years ago

you have zero chances right now

I don't care

I just don't even care anymore. AAA can go to hell, all of it, really.

ouch. thats pretty awful performance during a growing market

borderlands 3 is pretty hyped and if they can properly do diablo 4 as a fantasy shooter looter, they might be able to cash in on that
also mobile diablo will make them lots of cash for very little development cost, compared to WoW

youtube.com/watch?v=6E950MMgPOA

Alliance BTFO

>World of warcraft is making a comeba

Attached: 1486793754554.jpg (679x960, 202K)

Every blizz devs worth a damn have left since decade(s) already

I'm a Blizz fan and they deserve it for that trash Blizzcon. They need a reality check and so far they are slowly improving instead of doubling down (firing the esports shit was a start)

>MUH BLIZZARD MUH BLIZZARD BAA BOOO BOOO WAAAA
>implying blizzard still exists
>implying it isn't just one of the many studios ravaged by Activision, one of the top 5 videogame publishers
stop caring about blizzard
it died in 2008
move the fuck on
unless you're playing a blizzard game in 2019
you are not, right user?

Attached: 1554202495650.png (186x186, 3K)

>something big
>emerald dream is done
>azshara is done
>burning legion done
>argus done
literally all they can do is make an old god wake up or the void lords appear
>There is no A/B team or anything of the sort
the fact that they've been able to convince their fans of this is amazing. It all goes back to MoP when they said the huge, an I mean fucking huge, learn long content drought for Siege of Orgrimmar was because they were training a second team to work on WoW because they were going to turn over a new leaf.

And then they shat out an unfinished expansion. They were training the replacement team and putting the wow team on Overwatch, HotS, etc.

The A-team was original wow to wrath, then mid wrath all the veterans got put on the titan project and they moved to the "less content but quicker!" design philosophy.
So the B-team was late wrath through MoP. Then titan failed and they created Overwatch from the scraps and had the B-team train the replacement team.
The C-team is literally a bunch of diablo 3 reject devs head up by Ion who is a fucking litigation lawyer.

The whole "TWO TEAMS" meme is a leftover meme from blizzard lying through their teeth during WoD and their stupid fucking fans bought it. Their fans have been shit on so many god damn times but they just keep opening wide and taking it. It's fucking insane. It rivals the pokemon fanbase for blind acceptance of whatever is shat onto the plate.

hearthstone is my casual phone game
give me a better one

There was not a single good change in legion
>worse classes than WoD. Two great specs straight up butchered to be replaced with halfassed clusterfucks, specs ruined across the board
>rngforging expanded to all gear and with a cap above mythic raiding
>legendaries made even fucking worse than the welfare quest garbage of MoP/WoD
>PvP talents because blizzard couldnt figure out how to disable grounding totem reflect in CMs
>Buffing fucking dailies (and rebranding them for reddit to eat that shit up) so purples rained from the sky at a truly unprecedent rate
>made raiding a slog between bad tiers and AP farming
>DH the absolute nail in the coffin for RBGs. Blatant offmap running for 2/3 of the expansion and just plain cancer the entire time
>Arena just a plain mess between bad templates, bad class design and pvp talent system being trash
>glyphs removed

Which of these was a step in the right direction exactly? Did we need more epics thrown at players from every fucking direction?

>fantasy shooter
???

Extremely, now they're just kept around as fodder for big Bobby K's lich ritual

Nzoth wakes up at the end of 8.2 but he might die in 8.3

Nozordormu, Elune and the new death god their back pocket villains/expansion focuses

don't forget it got worse because the success of the microtransaction age and Overwatch made them over confident and they started doing stupid diversity hires. Ironically enough they have a shitload of employees but can't produce content to save their lives. Overwatch had made literal billions but they can't even make a new hero or map maybe once a year.

Game developer that hasn't developed a successful game in almost two decades.

You tell me.

Maybe something like Vermintide

>but he might die in 8.3
Hope not, I want him alive and together with Azshara.

just going with the leaks guy, even if it's all fake most likely

Growing market? Tech across the board's on a downward trend since mid 2018, especially gaming companies. Most Triple-A developers look like that graph, although some have bumps coming back up, ActiBlizz have remained somewhat quiet.

Lot of tards on Yea Forums look at that graph and figure its BlizzCon, but its more a trend across the board. BlizzCon's biggest failure was doing nothing to restore confidence.

>you must be an english second language
If this bait, you're good. If not........

Attached: u-re-stupid.jpg (460x460, 134K)

Your definition of 'successful' is a bit retarded there, friend. Did you mean 'game I didn't like'?

Hopefully whoever drafted that 2018 Blizzcon got fired

ironically the WoW panel was pretty good and soulful, but it got overshadowed by all the shittiness

>Huge market for hack and slash
>Fuck up D3 so bad that torchlight and poe are considered better
>Still huge market for h&s but now you have a complete foundation to build upon with D3
>Decide to go for market Anthem/Destiny
excuse me, wtf?

GET WOKE GO __________.

Literacy only thing they need to do was to tease D4

But I guess I that was too hard

they turned into boomers that only enjoy casual stuff now

They unironically could turn it around with the next WoW expansion, but it's their last chance. All their built up goodwill has mostly burned out and even the ardent Blizzdrones are waking up. Classic is all well and good but most people are smart enough to understand that it isn't Blizzard giving players what they want but just a ploy so they can show a big sub increase to shareholders who absolutely do not care about "retail players" and "classic players", they want to know how many people are subbed to World of Warcraft and Blizzard won't differentiate between them

Technically they are jumping from last 100k subs to 110k for entire month.

I mean, they can do both
also they might just consider diablo mobile enough h&s for them

The state of Alliance have an armada, fat people known for controlling the sea can't keep up with a few Horde ships.

They haven't made a good game in 9 years. Let that sink in.

A-team B-team nonsense is a Yea Forums meme made up by retards to disparage literally anything they don't like made by a dev they previously did like. Did it ever occur to you that maybe it's not that they have their "best" devs working on other projects, but that they, as a whole, just plain fuck up a lot? Maybe ruminate on that possibility a bit before you open your fat fucking retard mouth again.

Attached: 1547853366684.png (1460x999, 2.86M)

The hilarious thing is they were preparing to show Diablo 4 off but backed out of it because it was still too early and Blizzard are abso-fucking-lutely paranoid about showing things early. Its like the Dance Studio haunts around their campus, spooking developers and making them wake in a cold sweat at night.

Literally all they needed was to show that Diablo 4 was coming and it would've smoothed a shit-ton.

>implying they are capable of fixing them
we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place if this was the case

Attached: 1464035158703.jpg (251x239, 11K)

Unless they are willing to come out and openly state who does what, it's expected to blame everyone for everything

Shadowverse

I dont believe they can turn WoW around. Every single facet of the game is plagued by mistake piling on mistake going back multiple expansions. Even worse, those still playing often accept or even embrace some of the awful fucking changes

Realistically, they continuously put out immensely successful and highly played video games with large, consistent fanbases.

The useless fucking eurotard developers they hire on like Ion are a complete waste though. I don't play Overwatch because I don't have AIDS but it looks pretty stupid. Hearthstone died under its own greedy schemes and HotS was just them chasing the hype and they probably made a good bit of money on what is ultimately a grandiose SC2 mod, considering how much the MobA genre is fading.

Gaming in general has been very cancerous the last 3 or 4 years with the rise of Twitch and MobAs. Blizzard tried to make WoW as fun and arcadey as a MobA which was a terrible idea. Esports are still nowhere near 'big' enough to actually matter. Fortnite is a great case study in how you can't build an institution around hype.

WoW is still the only good persistent MMO on the market. GW2 is okay but too goofy and meaningless.

I don't know why they can't take a page out of Todd's playbook, just find ONE guy that works at Blizzard who is charismatic and let him talk while they show an image that says "DIABLO IV" with no other information, just knowing it's happening is enough for most people

They don't have anyone who knows how to fix things unless they genuinely did pull the entire HotS team.

Ion isnt a euro are you retarded

They have deep pockets. The bigger issue is their stock. They haven't produced anything of note, the drama regarding their IPs have caused investors to be wary. The recent firings were good because they removed lots of unneeded people. However they aren't hiring any needed people. There are no fresh ideas at Blizzard.

I predict that Acti will either sell Blizz or allow them to buy themselves back into a private company. They have very valuable IPs that many companies want to have. Disney is going to likely own Blizzard in the next 10 years.

Attached: rip.png (563x497, 32K)

Fucking this. There are some decent AA/Indie devs and Japan is still doing well but everything else is just fucked. I stick to older games nowadays because I hate the direction gaming is going.

Turning WoW around would mean that Blizzard would have to admit that they were wrong

And we all know that this is what will never happen in our lifetime

Alas, Metzen got out early.

You're an unpleasant person

They retired not long ago, didn't you hear?

no one at blizz is charismatic, it's all "designers" who don't even play their own game like Ion and meanspirited diversity hires and selfhating flabby white basedgoblins

Theyve admitted, mainly the devs who are gone, that they made a lot of mistakes. Ghostcrawler has mentioned LFR was a mistake, but current blizzard doesnt have the balls to undo those mistakes when it will cost casual players

>Everything I've heard from the internals of Blizzard is a large in-house shift to developing a lot of mobile games
Shifting from a beloved PC gaming company to an universally reviled toilet gaming company.

Attached: 1531416838496.jpg (256x256, 30K)

Their goodwill points are down

This, legion was pure dogshit. Everyone who loves legion is either catabab or worse.

>The useless fucking eurotard developers

The nationality/ethnicity of a person doesn't influence his ability to be a good game developer

>moderately fucked until they fix Diablo, OW and WOW

Thats like saying a burning house is only moderately fucked until you put out the fire, pull out all the drywall and floors, and put in a new frame

wow
they deleted a picture of blizzards stock dropping 50% in the last 2 years.
pretty sad damage control there

their best game is remastered brood war, a 20+ year old game.

The developers I know there who do still play games all pretty much say the same thing - that most of the devs there play way more games on their phones than on PC or even console. Like... they've totally lost the whole 'we play what we make' mindset. So all they want to do is make more shitty phone games.

>starcraft dead
Brood War is alive and, considering it's age, moving well.

>idk about WoW but usually after a shit expansion there's a good one
everyone lost any interest in retail wow, everyone. And they have no interest in trying to climb back up since it would require money, effort and dedication.
They'll just milk classic < classic bc < classic wotlk while shifting the company for chinese phone games

lucky i saved it

Attached: 1561483888889.jpg (620x391, 106K)

I still play BroodWar and haven't played any of their games released after WC3 apart from SC2

It's been already stated in their interviews that they want to make Mobile games.
They don't really care that people don't like them. The thing is that devs don't want to spend several years on a big project that can be scrapped without release. They want to feel the joy of developing a game in a year, releasing it and them moving onto the next project and this is what mobile games are.
They don't care about big projects anymore because it does not make them comfortable and this is a priority for them

pretty much this, I don't understand why people suck legion's green dick so much, bfa is literally the same game as legion, the only change was the removal of every class main ability (which was beyond retarded mind you)

That moment in which a good deal of Yea Forums was retards bickering about stock prices wasn't a fun time to be around. Blizzard can burn in hell but it's understandable not to allow those.

>more singleplayer quest zones where you never see other players
>fucking BENTHIC gear, BENTHIC is the word they chose, not abyssal, BENTHIC
>FUCK your water strider and sky golem, use our shitty store mounts instead
jfc this game is shit

You are all forgetting that the number of player or subscribers in wow means nothing anymore since they started relying less on amount of subscribers and more on microtransactions they started introducing since cata. Now they don't actually care that much about one million subs since they will make more money off it from one thousand whales who buy gold for boosts

Unless it's heavily censored Diablo Immortal is going to be banned in China.

Apparently it's not videogames to talk about how shit videogames have lead to near corporate collapse

Attached: niggerjanny.jpg (611x377, 106K)

IWTFTD

>that most of the devs there play way more games on their phones
>don't you guys have phones???
I'm dying here.

Attached: 1543853097761.jpg (695x461, 81K)

Stopped caring in 2003.

I wouldn't call those "videogames"
If they want to go low-risk low reward, sure but don't they dare be smug about it

What the hell would you need to censor
D3 was like pegi 13

>fixing a 20 year old game
why not just, make the sequel?

Attached: ab.jpg (618x412, 35K)

>I don't play Overwatch because I don't have AIDS but it looks pretty stupid
no, when it came out you could pinpoint the EXACT moment it went wrong: it was the release of ranked mode.
the days prior the game was VERY pleasant, people trying to win, who experimented, most of the time did stupid things because "it might work"
then the day after release, mixed with blizz' decision to ONLY sell the e-sport part it came down hard
no fun allowed, QP was only the place to train for ranked, people started to scream "report reee" all the time and blizzard encouraged this by removing the option to pick the same hero several times because they can't balance shit and started the ban waves to groom themselves in the eyes of twitter.

>Community complains that Blizzard doesn't do changes that they want
>"We're listening to your feedback, we'll try to improve our communication"
>Nothing happens

Repeat every 3-4 months.

>That moment in which a good deal of Yea Forums was retards bickering about stock prices wasn't a fun time to be around.
Yes I'm so glad we can't discuss that when clearly we can discuss something much better.... like in a sticky

>why not just, make the sequel?
The creative force behind WoW is gone. They're a toilet gaming company now.

1. its a huge gamble
2. those that still play are invested in the current game
3. Might just as well update it

yeah why the fuck would that post get deleted?

>The recent firings were good because they removed lots of unneeded people.
the "unneded people" are people at the top, they're the ones taking decisions, they're the ones shitting the bed and giving orders, the people they fired might be rainbow haired waste of space, or it might not be them, just look at any HS tournament with devs interviews between matches, fags are still rampant.
blizz did nothing but take shitty decisions in the past 10 years, why would you ever think they made a right call now of all times when the last blizzcon clearly showed how they don't give a shit about the consumers and just want chinese pockets ?

Attached: 1519671612366.png (800x729, 48K)

They literally print money. Lootbox sales will continue forever. World of Warcraft subs will continue forever. You could have 1 employee making sure the servers are on and Blizzard will continue. Stop being retards.

skeletons are illegal in china
see: wraith king from dota 2, was literally changed from skeleton king

Stickies are not there to give importance to a post, they are there as a moderation tool to prevent flooding the board.

They are not a badge to mark something as very important, they are containment.

Shut the fuck up cucklord, this place used to be decent

I think they can manage those 5 models that show bones

If you played Wow from the start you could even feel the slow transition from nerds making games for other nerds to idiots making games for stock holders.

>They are not a badge to mark something as very important, they are containment.
>sticky for the Joker announcement in Smash
>there were still 50 threads up about it at once

wow you are a massive faggot

I am honest-to-god convinced that Smash posters have the iq of fucking 60

>deflect to politics

Nice shill tactic you guys have found

The only good decision they've made in recent years was to remaster Starcraft but they couldn't even bother to add some decent AI

Attached: 1536332909115.jpg (427x427, 36K)

Hiro needs to make /smash/ to get them off the fucking board I'm so sick of smashfaggot autism

>Blizzard is dying
>Bethesda is dying
>CDPR is putting trannies in their next game
>Steam is getting killed by Epic
Hold me Yea Forumsros

It doesn't mean it automatically works, but for every post in the sticky there is one thread being bumped randomly user.

What can I say, it took long to be here but here I did it, thanks.

speak English properly you fuck

Only nintendo shit ever gets stickied and the mods are blatant nintendo shills, I think you might be wrong about this

STOP PLAYING VIDEOGAMES
START LEARNING POLITICS TO PUNISH THE FUCKERS WHO RUINED THEM

At least Kojimbo is not a hack

Blizzard dominates the porn market

From what I've seen, the only thing more damaging to this board than the anti-fun moderation is the absolute loser timmies who try to police it from the inside, like I am right now.
Release yourself my dudes and go steady with the flow of reality. No point trying to wrestle a river into submission.

If you think this post has anything to do with smash you are grade-a retarded. This is something I'm noticing in multiple threads about multiple topics at once.

its just going to lead to another collapse in the industry and all the trannies and fags will be purged

>tfw moved to FFXIV and haven't looked back
pretty hyped for the new expansion too

There is nothing a new "expansion" will have other than more numbers to grind higher.

>its just going to lead to another collapse in the industry
They will just turn to the chinese market
>all the trannies and fags will be purged
Not likely, trannies are here to stay and stronger everyday

I moved to Wow but with even more trannies
grats I guess? The whole MMO genre is in a fucking state

>They will just turn to the chinese market
The chinese market is incapable of creating anything, only stealing
>Not likely, trannies are here to stay and stronger everyday
Literally the opposite. Even reddit is turning on trannies

it is, but FFXIV at least lets me have a life while still being able to play it at a decent level
also the story is good in general and the music is fucking fantastic

Honestly how can you people even give a flying fuck about Diablo 4?
We had all the warning signs that 3 would be a shit show.
>Blizzard north, the diablo studio is shut down
>ex wow devs take the scraps and make the game around RMAH because GREEEEED
Every person who is good at making games is long fucking gone from Blizzard.

Did a single man destroyed them?

Attached: Blizzard hates him.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

I would no-life tes online if only they removed microtransactions from the game

give me the tl;dr version

I'm tired, the message gets through though, a post in the sticky is one thread less being bumped, took long to be here but here I am.

Only nintendo shit tends to be stickied because nintendo announcements are the only ones that actually wreck the entire board, you can see it about every single time a smash character is announced, in a minute half the board is flooded with thread about "OH GOD X IS IN".

It's specific to Smash and Pokemon, Pokemon literally has its own board, understandably so.

What are the "hype" announcements from the others? Every conference gets a sticky when E3 happens, the only other big event is Sony's State of Play and it barely gets any attention or big announcements anyway.

Blizzcon I think? That gets stickies too? Not sure

i not gonna read all that, give me the bulletpoints

He wasnt a mere man. He was a hero. A legend.

He only said what everybody was thinking

Anything north of 1M subs is a very profitable game. Even EQ is still releasing expansions with a population of 100k or so.

>It's been already stated in their interviews that they want to make Mobile games.
That's just PR horseshit.
>They don't really care that people don't like them
They absolutely care and are dying inside every time they claim otherwise.
>The thing is that devs don't want to spend several years on a big project that can be scrapped without release
That is literally what every developer worth their salt got into the industry for.
>They want to feel the joy of developing a game in a year, releasing it and them moving onto the next project and this is what mobile games are.
There is no joy to be had in making mobile trash and none of them want this.
>They don't care about big projects anymore
True.
>because it does not make them comfortable and this is a priority for them
False.
There is one reason and one reason only why they abandoned AAA in favor of mobage: Activision
Their latest games underpeformed so the corporate finance people started putting pressure on the Blizzard people to bring in the cash and mobile is the safest way to do it.

All that talk about the devs actually wanting any of this is pure nonsense.

Attached: 1419311995950.gif (500x446, 663K)

Looking at what they are doing to poor Warcraft 3 it's amazing the Starcraft remaster was as good as it was.

blizzard has been dying since WoD, only fools and drones were refusing to believe it

Attached: 1561414168394.jpg (500x500, 24K)

While other companies were suffering, many more have recovered on the upward trend. Articles at the time do talk about how Blizzard would be good to sell now, as it would be unlikely to grow without a satisfied, loyal consumer base. And they were completely right. It hasn't had nearly any stock growth since Blizzcon and the mobile market is so saturated, safer and growing bets will always be better than Blizzard.

I know a bunch of older MMOs that have

>WoD
Cata was the beginning of the end. WoD was the point of no return

literally saved by crash but fuck them anyway. Never going to buy a blizzard game in my life

why did you reply with your true/false type of post?
All I said was what the devs themselves said in interview. You may disagree with it but these are their word.
I can't quite recall what interview was it though. I thinksomething from Kotaku? The future of Diablo 4 article maybe? I don't remember

This Blizzcon is gonna be great!

Cata was only result of Wrath decadence. 3.2 is where old wow ended and nuwow began.

True but if they even thought about messing with Stracraft South Korea would declare war on Blizzard

Attached: 1561388205678.jpg (767x431, 32K)

why do i know what this means?

Ulduar was peak WoW

but 3.0 when they actually got away with re-releasing an entire raid tier and DKs were stupidly overpowered to spoonfeed retards

unironically it should be pretty good

I also remember:

>"We're going to be switching to Twitter as our preferred method of feedback o er the forums. The short post length will require people to be concise about their issues."
Fast forward...
>"Why would we take feedback on Twitter as legitimate? The posts lack any verbosity, data or evidence!"

Attached: 1558634910557.jpg (246x205, 34K)

If there'd be a god, I would pray to him that they burn in hell, especially everyone who was and is responsible for WoD and BfA.

Because you seem to blindly take people at their word without applying any critical thought.

>risk of rains Yea Forums thread moving 6x as fast as /wowg/ on patch day

Attached: 1559452218585.png (811x879, 966K)

Why people are so against a first person diablo 4? I would love being able to kill tons of enemies with magic in first person desu

hellgate london was lots of fun

>Doom but with magic instead of guns
Could be cool.

>raid /wowg/ constantly for months on end
>LOL WHY IS IT SO DEAD LOL
Eat shit.

people are expecting diablo 4 to be a diablo game
they could make another different game with that premise though

They already did that, user, it's called heretic

Bringing back classic is a tacit admission that the current product is, at least, not a definite upgrade for many people.

Attached: 1561394750796.png (540x720, 492K)

>CDPR is putting trannies in their next game

But user, the trannies hate that trannies are in their next game! They're unironically saying there are two genders now and showing a woman with a penis is problematic! Isn't that "based" and/or "redpilled"?

I mean, I don't care because I'm not a tool incapable of independent thought, but you should be posting your best Pepes and Wojaks!

diablo mobile will keep them afloat thanks to the chinks.
ow2 will be a hit for a few months with the zoomers, needs ow1 to go f2p though to stay afloat.
diablo as an arpg is dead though, everyone has moved on to better games like poe, grim dawn, etc.

Sweetie you aren't supposed to be reasonable in these threads, just post whatever will make you angry even if it is pure speculation without any proofs, we just want to be angry at things that didn't happen!

Blizzard could easily make a game better than poe or grim dawn, they're shit

>StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void
>World of Warcraft "Void Lords"
>Alleged Diablo 4 story gimmick of preparing for an invasion "from the void"

They're not really going to melt all their IPs into one shitty super ass game...are they? Was that what project titan was supposed to be, an excuse for them to consolidate all their scattered games into one cohesive universe to be recycled indefinitely at a fraction of the cost?

Hahahahahahahahaha
I hope you’re joking. They would fuck it up so badly it would probably bankrupt them.

>Blizzard could easily make a game better than poe or grim dawn
then why hasn't it?

Not at all, they ahve Bobby Kotick running things, which means anything and everything can be compensated for. Even if they dip below the profit margin they can lay off 90% of the stafdf and be okay, they're basically kept alive on lootboxes and mobile gaming via china at this point.

Because you also wtftd

Don't forget Nioh son.

they turned into millionaires who dont care anymore because they dont need anything anymore.

>patch day
>people are playing the game instead of shitposting on /vg/
Really makes you think

I doubt this, doesn't seem like a Blizzard move
>inb4 Activision
Yeah maybe, but I still doubt it.

>their SJW shit is approaching the point where a boycott is possible for me.
what a physically repulsive sentence

They fucked over HotS, the only MOBA I actually liked.

I hope they tank.

>Diablo 3 wasn't dark and gritty
>The Overmind was retconned into being a good guy all along
>Overwatch made a character gay when Blizzard stock started dropping
>Resources for a shooter are being moved to Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4
>"THIS IS TOTALLY FAKE, YOU GUYS!"

When the time comes, am I going to laugh long and hard.

apparently OW2 is a major overhaul patch and not a game. or some kind of expansion

>d4 is announced this blizzcon
>everybody will buy it and save these retards
fucking blizzdrones just let them die before they ruin even more

>OW2
I hope not. It won't do well. Team-based games like thst are supposed to be put out and supported for a long time; that's why TF2 did so well, and that's why the other ones failed.
Pouring dev time and money into a sequel for a team-based game so relatively soon after the first is a complete waste. You'll be deviding everyone between the two games, making your playerbase smaller, and you would have ultimately made less money than you would have spending that time creating microtransactions.

Also, one small change can fuck over the sequel sales-wise. It's easier to change the game everyone is already accustomed to.

MOMMY

Memories of D3s shitastic launch are still fresh, I doubt they'd risk relying on fans to do the dirty this soon.

The average person doesn't even know what Diablo is, despite knowing about WoW/Hearthstone.

Moving to twitter was fucking retarded. I'm just baffled at how you can completely ignore the fanbase. Like something as simple as players wanting old alterac valley was just tossed aside. That's been asked for over a decade.

Or every single beta for a new expansion. They get shitloads of feedback only to ignore it, it goes live, and then the icing on the cake they blame it on there not being enough feedback.

I can't imagine what type of mentally ill addicted blizzdrone fuckboy actually still subs to wow or plays any of their games

>The useless fucking eurotard developers they hire on
the fuck? blizzard games ABSOLUTELY REEK OF AMERICAN PÜRITANISM

blizzard only has burger devs.

Funny enough Overwatch's biggest problem is that they designed their entire game around tf2's 6v6 competitive design. Why the fuck wasn't the game shipped with something like a 12v12 fun mode?
If you want a laugh just remember that to this day overwatch doesn't let you choose what map or even what game mode you want to play. You have to roll the dice every single time.

but user, she already has 2 kids

Attached: 945aba14368c4284931ffff024abf386.png (3000x3720, 2.89M)

HAHAHA You really think the cucks REEEEing BLIZZ IS DEAD! since 2010 would have even given it a chance?

bullshit. no one there play mobile games, they only say so because the "games from players for players" thing is kind of their company image they want to sell. and since they now develop mobile games they have to tell the consumer sheeple who believe everything that their devs now play mobile games, which i do not believe for even a second.

>ranked is ranked
>quickplay with punish you for not tryharding, playing the meta, or just leaving a match early
>arcade is casual but rewards players with lootboxes IF THEY WIN
the devs are literal retards

>leaving a match early
part of that is because blizzard can't program themselves out of a paper bag. It sometimes takes 5-10 mins for a new player to join after one leaves. Their matchmaking algorithms are a joke

>Retail WoW cucked itself by trying to bully shadowbringers despite being the weaker MMO now
>Classic WoW is already fucking dead despite not having even been launched

>most skilled and most talented people in the ENTIRE industry
They didn't. They just cared enough about the games not to launch them half-finished and to balance them after they've gone out.

I can't believe 9 out of the 10 classic servers had to be shut down. That's an oof right there

There are like 10 people still playing the beta

>Activision

Absolutely fucked until they dump Activision like Bungie did. Now D2 is growing increasingly popular, nearly hitting release-levels of players.

Attached: 7ABB337A-78EC-43E2-AF3F-4A80EAE39EAF.jpg (750x554, 47K)

>asmongold starts a guild and gets hundreds of people and becomes the biggest guild
>few days later he's barely at a dozen and everyone is gone
it's fucked

In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act.

that's cause blizz refuse to let real players in to test the beta to find bugs, instead they want to test using dead 90% horde streamer-only servers, for some reason.

HotS is still doing just fine, there is even an event ongoing right now.
It's even better now that the esport cancer left it

>Disney is going to likely own Blizzard in the next 10 years.

I don't doubt it

The only thing I still enjoy on battle.net is Starcraft 2's coop mode.

it's a dropoff but it's not important, most people don't want to dedicate dozens of hours to a bets that will be wiped. everyone is saving up their aspergers for release day. 'classic is dead' posters are gonna be salty on release day when the board is spammed hard with threads

they timed the beta around 8.2 and then demanded a sub so COINCIDENTALLY the returning players could try 8.2 to see if they like it

>quickplay with punish you for not tryharding, playing the meta, or just leaving a match early
This was the stroke that broke the camels' back for me back then after ranked just went live.
I despised those fucking tryhards popping up and yelling at everyone in motherfucking QUICKPLAY. It sucked all the fun out of the game for me. It didn't help that the teammates I was with back then also jumped on the tryharding train.
>want to goof around playing Junkrat or something instead of picking Reinhardt every single time
>or Mercy just to zip around and have fun healing people
>BOOO NO TANKS, FUCK YOU TEAM OMG
>BOO YOU SUCK AT PLAYING TRACER, GO KILL YOURSELF N00B!
>BOO MERCY, COME BACK AND BE MY POCKET HEALER (t. Phara player)
Like the president would've come and personally congratulated us if we managed to win a map in Overwatch quickplay...

Attached: 1542001277178.jpg (511x340, 117K)

how many times do you people have to be told blizzard and activision are the same company they can't split

bungie wasn't merged with activison it was a partnership

the game is designed for casuals but at the same time demands you act like a fucking trihard. Some days I just want to dick around with sniper or engineer or play semicasuals on payload. But no I gotta always be going FULL ESPORTS

those literally are bulletpoints you adhd tard

It's made from the ground up to be a Chinese focused game, no skellingtons/blood

this, every faggot that uses the word 'SJW' is RENT FREE

does anyone have any sadpanda for this?
j-just curious ahah..

Attached: 1534785381122.gif (384x408, 182K)

>le i domt care and im better argument
Yikes

>melt all their ips into one shitty game
Hots?

>How actually fucked are these guys?
Non native-english speaker here with a question, shouln't it be "actually how fucked are these guys?"

the diablo 4 part alone is enough to know that's all bullshit

>wow on its deathbed with actual competition with xiv
This is the sad part. Cause FF is fucking SHIT. Someone needs to save the MMO market for fucks sake.

>Literal first fucking enemies you fight in all three Diablo games are undead/skellies.

good grief lol.

Attached: 1560917994477.png (345x241, 152K)

Nah, it sounds so bad that more than likely it's bound to be true

user, she's a responsible Mother, shame on you

Attached: cf1d11dbf5c6171af0506a78a55f05b7.png (3000x4000, 3.03M)

There's no hope since everyone wants to either copy what WoW did like FFXIV or it's some kind of get rich quick scheme like BDO.
MMORPGs are dead.

>implying he wasn't Diablo himself

Attached: 1549788060345.jpg (1335x1060, 192K)

It's losing more and more subs by the day, not even 8.2 is going to help. Classic is their only remaining hope to at least salvage some of the more nostalgic playerbase.

I don't know anything about OW, so maybe this will help considering the reception to current OW.

>Diablo 4 in production
D4 barely started production post-Blizzcon, no one knows what to do with it because there's no way it can meet Activision's target sales, nor generate the kind of sustained profit they want for the investment. This is on top of the fact that anything that could feasibly draw a decent sized crowd is the polar opposite of how to appeal to the original fans of the game, meaning you're going to get tons of bad press scaring people away or a game that only appeals to a small demographic. It's doomed before it even entered production, the only way it could've been salvaged would be to accept that it should be designed around a core fanbase and build up from there rather than trying to ensnare as broad of demographic as possible.

>Diablo mobile to be a success in China and on the mobile market
Selling mobile games in China requires a partnership with a Chinese company which drains of significant profits. While I don't doubt that Diablo mobile will find success overseas, I don't think it will generate as much revenue as you'd think just because China itself is skimming off the top.

Was it Siege of Orgrimmar just sitting on our chests for in excess of a year, or was it the burned yet undercooked husk called WoD?

They can't stick with Overwatch 1, it's fucked on a fundamental level.

I could go into detail but they basically had a neat little shooter/MOBA hybrid that folks could play casually.
They decided to listen to former FPS and TF2 pros who's input continued to wipe any shred of original gameplay from Overwatch, and turned the game increasingly into a purely skill/reflex focused game, which it was never really meant to be.

Also the maps suck cock.

they don't mean the same really, and op's is not proper english, "actually fucked" is kinda it's own slang term, for extra fucked

The devil's first kiss to see if the story/presentation can stick for something bigger...

Money was the strongest bad dude all along ;_;.

This is bullshit, but I believe it.

>>CDPR is putting trannies in their next game
>Game about degeneracy run rampant killing society has trannies featured prominently

Sounds based to me, user.

Attached: One Question Man.jpg (630x630, 80K)

You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain.

This is how far PC exclusives have fallen, that people defend this shit because it's the last shit standing

Literally what the fuck are you on about.

What exactly happened to classic? It's been top 5 of twitch and I see hype spam all over reddit about it. Or are you guys just talking from the narrow cynical view of Yea Forums? It looks like it'll double retail sub numbers if anything

>This is how far PC exclusives have fallen
But its on consoles.

Wow is not making any comeback and it´s reputation has gone to the ground. Even they pulling a great expansion people will, at best, play it for 1-2 months and drop if after that cause they won´t be stuck paying 13'99 per month for 6 months with 8 raid bosses and 9 braindead dungeons waiting for just another bad raid with only 8 encounters

>It's been top 5 of twitch
Amazing metrics.

There's nobody playing Classic anymore. About 20 active players at the level cap.

Is that why retail is mostly empty and asmondgold is begging for more players on classic beta?

>Not believing Ion

He's going to save wow in the next expansion

Owned by activsion tier

What happened? Are people just cooling down now and waiting for classic release in August? Or did Blizzard fuck something up? It's been a nonstop hype train I thought

>Overwatch 2
but why? there is no real reason outside of blizzard wanting another wave of $60 payments from everyone.

it's just died down a lot because there's limited content to do, lvl 40 cap, noone cares about grinding gear for level 40, it's gonna be wiped in 2 months. it's dormant, not dead, wait for august release it'll be huge

You answered your own question user.

they were turbo jews about it you had to have an active sub to get invited

reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/c57jxd/can_we_all_collectively_chill_out_a_bit/

STOP criticizing Blizzard!!!

Attached: 1529081754467.jpg (1536x2048, 403K)

Is going to be a PVE game where they throw their story stuff.
Kind like Left 4 Dead

Imagine being a new player to WoW. You log in to be greeted by an empty world, with multiple days /played worth of leveling and content to wade through, before you get to what is arguably one of the worst endgames in the games history.

Or worse, you boost, and are dropped into an incomprehensible clusterfuck of a story, trying to learn some bastard mess of a spec after being dropped into a multiplayer scenario where the other players just want your scrub ass to hurry up.

FFXIV is ten times worse than that and a lot more empty with less freedom to level. They have to go through hundreds of hours of fetch quests and very poorly written story. WoW is still the best leveling MMO experience despite how bad it is...

You have to realize that there is NOTHING to do in Classic. Everything back in vanilla was a first time experience type of thing, then you were done. Thats what old boomers and zoomers who never played are fawning over. But once you've done it, or in this modern case, "seen" on twitch, the magic is gone. Theres no point in looking at that rock, there is no new zone to "discover", WPvP gets tedious and boring, everyone will reroll Rogues just so they don't get ganked.

Theres a reason Asmongold has gone back to watching videos and not playing. For all the crying about modern WoW (which is true, its shit), at least it has something you can do at end game. With the modern zoomzoom mind of needing to be entertained 24/7, classic will not hold up.

youtube.com/watch?v=rrnw7XuGTJQ
People remembered that nu-Blizz ruins everything

>can we

Attached: 1550632503259.jpg (700x734, 80K)

>NOTHING to do in Classic.
stopped reading there, shoo troll

Can not understand why classic is in development and why anyone would like to play it

This reads like one of those /x/ or /pol/ schizo leaks and the only believeable part is the one about FF XIV. Blizzard/Activison have a lot of bucks. They need several failures like 3 anthems to go under.

Attached: proofroostersub.png (277x271, 5K)

I think Blizzard would've had a good thing on their hands had they managed to succeed with Overwatch and just ditch all their old IPs. Old fans are nearly impossible to please with what sells today, so just try and ride your name to selling Overwatch and two new IPs.

As someone who abhors modern Blizzard, I'm surprisingly neutral about OW just because it doesn't even pretend to try and appeal to me. Instead of nuking all the old and trying to get everyone to play something, accept that you want to chase a new demographic and that the old won't follow.

I know for a fact there is a quest for the Warlock class to learn how to summon the succubus, so there is at least 1 thing to do.

Attached: 1548096061501.jpg (480x452, 18K)

They tried that with Titan and the elité of Blizzard basically burned themselves out.
No idea what the game was actually about what exactly caused the failure but a good guess is that it never left proof of concept, there were too many redos and one day Mike Morhaime basically said: "You niggers better have a good pitch next week for Bobby or your'e all fired."
The failure of Titan paved the way for more influence from idiots like kotick and more suits from the board to demand shit like lootboxes.

>Brother excited as hell
>It's going to be fixed, man. I am telling you come back.
>Tell him I am already done with SB so I won't be back for a while
>Patch releases
>Saw him go to his room
>Stays there for an hour or two
>It's still fucked what the fuck blizzard
And that's that
I have no idea how a company can be so useless.

I'd still play an arena/pvp only WoW even if it was ded, roll it back to MoP and take my shekels. MoP moonkin was the peak of class design.

here's your new daily quest bro, don't spend it all in one place!

Attached: file.png (304x481, 283K)

I'd unironically play wow again if they gor rid of raiding and m+ was the endgame

>he'd rather have a collect 25 naga orbs by using inventory item on naga corpse daily
The kill x quests were always the best.

Why can't we just drop daily quests and grind shit? It felt infinitely more rewarding than "log in daily user, or you are missing out!"

Attached: Very tired.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>What are the "hype" announcements from the others?
Plenty, smash retards are just literal children that think their shitty baby franchise is the most important and relevant thing in video games so every time any shred of news comes out about it they chimp the fuck out and flood the board with all caps dipshit spam

>marksmanship spec still does not function when fighting 3 enemies at once
>blizz expects me to pay money to play a broken terrible spec
>legion mm best it's ever been, they wipe it for no reason
yeah, fire everyone at the company and start fresh

MORE REP GRINDS!

Attached: 1558599980390.png (625x773, 143K)

this, kill quests are the BEST unironically. you get to actually PLAY YOUR CLASS instead of playing shitty match 3 or memory game or some other fucking stupid buggy minigame

they sjw cancer there has become unbearable especially since they hardly release any actual new content anymore
just more sjw skin changes and announcements on what other character is now suddenly gay

I wish I was lying, but at least in classic broken specs/classes worked in some areas of the game and were not just outright useless.

when you have 90% men working at a company, then decide that you want 50/50, you NECESSARILY must fire 40% of workers for the reason that they are male. then you hire that many people again, only you pick based on gender rather than skill. this is how you kill a company in one swift move

i've seen cropped stuff around cmon just give me the sauce

Attached: 1513283470088.png (500x505, 283K)

I prefer kill quests over the other tedious shit quests like USE THE SPEAR FROM THE RACK TO KILL THE NAGA SORCERESS THEN PICK UP THE ORB FROM HER AND USE IT ON THE BRUTE. DO THIS 5 TIMES.

But damn, that quest text is lazy.

none of this matters to me because wc3 is getting new updates and doing well

Attached: images.jpg (298x169, 7K)

I think the last time I heard about wc3 was literally like 15 years ago how is anyone still playing it

you're ruining it for everyone else, bluepilled shit eater

>has a fraction of a bitcoin worth nothing
>is now an authority on good investments
>honorary PHD in economics

that fraction will turn into 100k by 2020

it was end of tbc/wotlk

The hype for it is already cratering, i love it, homeposters are on suicide watch

Home boy, who is going to buy items from the bots when the west is collectively sick of taking corporation cock in the pooper? Maybe they’ll end up trying to make good products instead of exploiting others

damn thats a bad bait
but most know shit all about te industry or blizzard so will eat it up
also blows my mind people still dont know how hated Metzen is at Blizzard

>also blows my mind people still dont know how hated Metzen is at Blizzard
tell me about it

>Wow dead
>Diablo dead
>Hots dead
>Overwatch is dead and garbage
>HS in decline
What's left for them?

Attached: 1550734853219.jpg (365x432, 17K)

sequels till bankruptcy

shut up trannies

Year of our lord 2019. Player choices are no longer allowed since having a choice would inevitably lead to exsistance of a right and a wrong choice. And if there possibility to fuck up its very problematic for mentally challenged people and probabbly also racist.

Attached: phones.jpg (248x332, 23K)

auto chess

They'll go the Konami route, since pachinko isn't big in the west they'll just turn all their franchises into kiddy mobileshit

the Chinese market

J U S T
U
S
T

They will be alright.... right guys?

Activision will bury them, it sucks.
I'm worried about the future of id under Bethesda too.

Weeb shit FFXIV is doing better than their flagship game. That's how fucked they are.

I hope they are totally fucked so can can't rape anymore their old franchises more than they already did.

XIV will never be a threat after shutting down east coast servers. That's literally alienating 80% of the US population and most of Canada as well. Playing it will feel like you have 600 ping.

The only thing that will make me play WoW again is if they allow pandarens to be DKs or give us ogre DKs
I want to be a fat ass death knight thats all I want

I play brood war everyday and plan on buying the carbot skin

Attached: 1560320254144.png (300x300, 108K)

what did he say annon

this
fuck the esport fags

the xiv shit is kinda believable honestly, they have even mentioned FFXI back in the day, so they have always been aware of that shit

t. Bobby

>Think the art is cute and adorable
but I know there's some fucked up degen shit behind it

Cherrikissu, character is Mabel/Dogmom

So much for the faction war

No actually CK is pretty tame for the most part and Dogmom is one of her most wholesome characters

based