Baldur's Gate 3

So what class are you going to play?

Arguably the most powerful classes in D&D 5E are Life Cleric, Divination Wizard, Moon Druid, Paladin (any), Battlemaster Fighter and Hexblade Warlock.

If you can rest as often as you like, Divination Wizard's usefulness will skyrocket. It's already probably the most powerful class in the game.

Attached: bg3.jpg (617x636, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Eilistraee
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mind Flayers in D&D 5E are actually quite weak, they are supposed to be strong because they have armies of thralls and because they can instantly kill a character with the right circumstances.

But if you can snipe one with a bow or spells, it just fucking dies.

Attached: felipe-fesbra-escobar-mindflayer4.jpg (900x1423, 282K)

>Life Cleric, Divination Wizard, Moon Druid, Paladin (any), Battlemaster Fighter and Hexblade Warlock.
the fuck happened to dnd?

Div wizard is going to be trash. Rogue is going to be OP.

Every class has subclasses that start at either level 1 or 3
They give special features every few levels

>he thinks there will be classes
Shartian will just make everyone able to get all skills again and make the game turn based

>thinking this shit is gonna be in the game
lmfao

>Mastermind Rogue
>Champion Fighter (Half-Elf)
>Fighter picks Elven Accuracy
>Rogue grants advantage every turn
>Fighter rolls triple dice, Crits on 19+
>Rogue gets sneak attacks every turn
Best melee combo change my mind

Attached: 1291255619927.jpg (181x201, 7K)

What?
How can it be a D&D 5E game if they don't include its classes?

Attached: 1430781024510.png (400x335, 15K)

shit sounds exhausting, i don't think i can be bothered learning an entire new fucking ruleset. literally nothing wrong with bg2 rules, why do they feel the need to 'update' dnd every so often. it's a totally different game.. way to shit on your fanbase on the regular

A rogue of some sort, swashbuckler if it's a thing.

Dude BG2 rules got scraped 20 years ago

D&D players are going to have a meltdown if Larian uses weight rules as written in the books.

Most people aren't even aware that the backpack only takes 30lbs of gear and the most basic stuff are like 15lbs total, leaving you with not much to work with.
Most people carry rations (2lbs each) like there's no tomorrow even though the backpack can only fit like 5 days worth of rations under normal circumstances.

Non-casters are boring in the BG2 ruleset.

>carry two or three backpacks
wew

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 21K)

thieves are fun and you control 6 party members at all times so not everything needs a gay ability

that's so not true but ok. fking whirlwinding or berserker rage or backstabbing, plenty of fun. mage being op doesn't mean warrior types are boring.. nothing can compare to a timestop fuckery mage. fuck i hate the companies that make this shit

Do we have any data on how the fuck the plot works given that the MC ascended to godhood at the end of II?

It's like 100 years later?
The new D&D adventure (pic related) is a prequel to the BG3 story.

Attached: baldur-s-gate-descent-into-avernus-alt-cover.jpg (1557x2000, 885K)

?
BG 3 is set 100+ years after 2, retard.

Gonna conquest those fucking shits.

Attached: J8Aua8z.jpg (1131x707, 110K)

So the PC is not the PC of I/II? OK, that's sorta what I meant.

In the canon he doesn't become a god, he becomes the ruler of Baldur's Gate

It's a different pc, yes, also they made Abdel Adrian canon

>If you can rest as often as you like, Divination Wizard's usefulness will skyrocket.
We'll still have to see just how much core D&D mechanics we'll have, including things like resting.
And if the game is as NWN deal where you basically rest anywhere anytime spellcasters are gonna take a massive shit over everything as soon as the reach Level 10.
I'm more interested in prestige classes and the possibility of EL characters to be honest, available races are also going to be a big surprise.
Hope they'll implement stuff like Giths and Duergar, honestly if there's no Giths in a Illithid focused campaign it would be a massive mistake.

can i just play a mage or figjter,do i have to pick some subclass shit? is dualclass or multiclass still a thing? what about thac0

One big factor for me is how cool the companions are. As much as I love Hexblade, I'd be much happier with a fleshed out Hexblade companion rather than playing one myself. I'll probably go samurai fighter, oath of conquest paladin, or forge cleric on my first playthrough just because those all sound fun.

I really, really hope we get as many companions as BG2 had. Give me an asston of options.

Yes you do have to pick a subclass but there are no downside to them, they just add shit. They're also very thematic so it's really to know which one you want.

You can go pure whatever or subclass at your leisure, don't know how 5e handles multiclassing though.
>what about thac0
Long deceased AC standard.

The alleged "Gith uprising" is a myth
It never happened
Literal fake news

Attached: illithid empire.jpg (417x211, 36K)

t. mindflayer

it was the same in BG2, niggaz couldn't do shit without their scoop out brains attack on paralyzed targets

BG2 was based on second edition which was fun but a really dumb unbalanced edition

Stop being an OLD THINGS GOOD NEW THINGS BAD faggot, zoomer

Larian did classes for Divine Divinity and will do so again cause Swen is no sellout, he's just a funloving guy who like to experiment with his work

Dunno, how can you make a cyberpunk 2020 game without classes?

Attached: Cyberpunk-2077-imagen-810x400.jpg (810x400, 46K)

second edition is nowhere near as unbalanced as third edition

Objectively wrong.

Races enslaved by Mind Flayers:
>Gith (escaped)
>Duergar (escaped with Devilish help)
>Kuo-Toa (ruined)
>Grimlocks (ruined)
>Derro (ruined)
Even the Gith story is hard to believe.
Basically they are the alphas of the world.

Attached: brx-rigney-flay-web.jpg (1920x1410, 414K)

vampire coz I like to suck.

You should play a Tiefling Bard then (female)

Why does everyone want to play a damn tiefling bard?

gotta be one of the most hipster combos out there desu. slightly unique and against the grain, but not enough to actually be a big deal.

Tieflings are the slut race
Bards are the slut class

Attached: DuGuXOKW0AATR3M.jpg (800x1169, 123K)

Battlemaster since its the only fun martial.
Paladin would be my second pick but i dont think Conquest will be in this

Either Sorcerer, Wizard or Warlock. I’ll have to see how they feel in game.

>mind flayers

Not feeling this. Any kind of monster antagonist is shit tier.

They're gonna have to give a couple of options for people, a direct translation would be terrible. Shit like carry limit and food is barely considered in actual play, doing so would slow the game to a crawl.

I'd rather take spellcasters shitting over everything than playing under the threat of constant time limits. Terrible example of this is Pathfinder: Kingmaker, with the added layer of kingdom management on a timer. It just added unnecessary torture.
Just let people play as they want and total their playtime in the end for measuring contests.

>he thinks the mindflayers will be the main antagonists
they are obviously a decoy

Prestige classes are built into normal classes in 5e. Multiclassing is simple to do in 5 and you can do it with as many classes as you'd like with no experience downsides but it's discouraged by the fact that pure classes actually get useful abilities

>5E
>prestige classes
oh buddy...

How can I recreate my kenseif in 5e?

Reminder that Zerthimon was a traitor to his people and a bitch slave to the Mind Flayers at the end.

>Moon Druids
Are passed by every other martial class by like level 4 or 6
Undoubtedly strongest level 2 in the game though

There is literally a Kensei in the books?
It's monk subclass
There's also a Samurai subclass for Fighter

didn't Sven already say they're going to be modifying 5e ruleset to make for a more interesting game?

It's not just the damage they do but also the damage they take.

Although the best tanks in the game are probably Life Clerics because they can concentrate on Spirit Guardians and use their bonus action on Spiritual Weapon while using Dodge as their main action, coupled with heavy armor and shield they are near untouchable while still doing a lot of damage (and heal a fuckton if they get touched).
Other classes can reach similar tankiness but they cannot remain as useful while tanking.

>Arguably the most powerful classes in D&D 5E are [...] Divination Wizard
How did they improve divination in 5e?

Aboleth > Mindflayers

>Basically they are the alphas of the world.
Clearly you haven't heard about dragons.

Martials were boring as fuck in BG2.
Whirlwind was an HLA and all it was at the end of the day was a damage buff
Berserker rage was also a damage buff that had the benefit of giving you some immunities
Backstab was just a situational damage buff and thieves in general just abused potions and scrolls to play as a ghetto caster or cheesed with traps.

Whenever anyone looks back fondly on BG2 they immediately start talking about casters.

>in BG2 ToB you need to act like a betacuck to change Viconia's alignment
Fucking hell. I guess she better stay as smug cunt who lusts for you cock because of your own smugness and superiority

I'm preparing an adventure where the world is ending and the Mind Flayers time travelled here from the future to stop it.
They have no use for lesser races which is why they enslave them so freely.

We already basically know the Mind Flayers are from the future and travelled back in time, we just never knew why.
So I figured whatever it is, it must be something catastrophic that they are trying to prevent.

If they feel like the adventurers are on their "side" they may decide to help indirectly, they don't think anyone else can succeed anyway.

Attached: martin-kepler-mf-07.jpg (1920x3402, 709K)

>trusting mindflayers
>ever
I hope we can eat their brains, in revenge

mindflayers are incapable of cooperation, even amongst themselves

That is not entirely true, when they are in the same tribe they co-operate because their minds share everything.
When the tribe is ready to expand, a new big boss appears but it doesn't fight the old big boss. Instead, they settle it like men and go their own ways, the new boss taking half the tribe with him.

they cooperate because they think if they die they go to brain heaven
they are wrong, their mind gets eaten by the elder brain

Being part of the elder brain is brain heaven and the best situation one can hope to achieve

Attached: 1558116207230.jpg (1420x946, 57K)

t elder brain

Can’t wait to betray my friends and become a mind flatter slave in coop

>mfw you find out that Wizards of the Coast had an autistic shitfit over how popular the BG-Series was that they declared everything non-canon and instead released some absolutely abysmal tie-in novels that are canon instead where:

>CHARNAME is some edgy murderhobo merc with a sandnigger name
>Jaheira is a slut and the main romance for CHARNAME but they never fuck until she gets eaten/raped to death by Abazigal and afterwards CHARNAME and her have sex in a dream
>Khalid is a wifebeater and gets eaten by a slime and NTRd by CHARNAME
>Montaron and Xzar get tortured to death by Sarevok
>Xan is a bitch and gets eaten by spiders in the Cloakwood
>Imoen has lesbian drowsex with Phaere and gets her neck snapped in TOB by that monk faggot
>CHARNAME fucks Bodhi who is the owner of the Copper Coronet and murders her afterwards
>Yoshimo gets murdered by CHARNAME in Slayerform
>Minsc is just some crazy carrot top hobo who the author just kinda forgets about
>Saemon Havarian is just some old drunk hobo who ferries CHARNAME with a rowing boat to the Cowled Mage Prison
>Sarevok gets resurrected and at some point in TOB just kinda walks off into nothingness crying about his dead waifu and the the author also just forgets about him

Oh yeah CHARNAME also stays mortal and later on becomes one of the lords in Baldurs Gate only to be killed off in some Adventure Module where he explodes into Bhaal because WOTSC decided to bring him back in 5E.

BG 3 is not based on the Baldurs Gate Games, its based on the famously bad novels that retcon the games

Attached: Liketearsintherainscoob.jpg (242x208, 37K)

Caster

Attached: 10 out of 10 part 2.jpg (400x400, 31K)

>One reviewer stated: "I read this novel because I was such a fan of the game and its sequels, so I was hoping for a similar experience with the novelization of the game by Philip Athans. I was totally wrong! This was such a let-down, in many ways."

Attached: 1344958542052.png (281x215, 6K)

t. Gith

>didn't read the 7th and 8th circles

Is there a plate wearing swordsman with some offensive casting?

Eldritch Knights? afaik there's no such thing in 5e.

Eldritch Knight (fighter subclass)
Paladins also do a ton of magical damage but mostly through hitting things
Hexblades too but they wear medium armor (up to half-plate)

Cleric

>I want to have my cake and eat it too
as if casters weren't already OP enough

Its called a Cleric you fucking faggots.

Attached: lazercleric.jpg (750x600, 59K)

you forgot Berserk, which is actually completely fucking OP and has close to 100HP by level 4-5 along with pretty good AC while dealing insane damage

>Cleric
>Sword

those guys are retarded, it's already been confirmed it will have all the player's handbook D&D 5E classes and will also have sub-classes.

Don't expect misses, turn based or RTwP, or even the best magic (ie high level spells) though.

>Clerics
>Plate armors when they have Medium armor at best
>Swords when they have Simple weapons
>Offensive casting
>With their shitty domain magic
Clerics are the moralfag's Warcuck

Who's making this again?

>its okay for MUH REALISM to have fightermages running around because of undecided weakwilled faggots like
>Its not okay for MUH REALISM for a cleric to use a sword

Attached: 1272740961558.jpg (600x682, 48K)

Just wanting a hybrid. If I wanted to be a god I'd just be a mage.

user, the novels are long non-canon. Abdel Adrian, the one from "Murder in Baldur's Gate" is just CHARNAME with a canon name/gender/race/alignment (Human Male, Neutral). They even de-canonized him being a warrior. This is further confirmed from the "Legends of Baldur's Gate" comic series, where a resurrected/recreated/simulacra Minsc is the one from the games, not the novels. Also, Coran is canon, and present both in the comics and adventure module, which further supports the novels being non-canon.

>not just playing the class you like the most flavour-wise and for roleplay
imagine choosing a class because it's strong in a ROLEPLAYING GAME

Attached: 1534842099046.jpg (800x601, 263K)

Larian

Attached: 1321621841873.jpg (456x320, 31K)

Nigga have you played any D&D ever?
Clerics have been outperforming wizards in offensive spells since 3rd ED

And in 5E they can abuse Sacred Flame and Scorching Ray in the Light Domain which they get at level 3.
LITERAL LAZERCLERICS.

Attached: 1326194967279.png (143x147, 36K)

Why not just admit you missed the word 'swordsman' and were wrong? Instead you cast level 7 Greater Faggotry.

They better outsource the fucking writing.
Can you picture the Sword Coast with Larian """humor"""?

>mfw I can finally have an armed monk
dont fuck this up larian

Attached: nut status - busted.gif (302x270, 520K)

they did outsource it in divos2
didnt work

Attached: 1463688914328.png (354x664, 279K)

my name is Grazilaxx
tentacles long
cerebral strong
but dong is smol
and when it time
to get me fed
i open wide
i monch the head

Attached: 1561490222337.jpg (724x1103, 85K)

Wonder if classes will have flavors in this game like strongholds in BG2

Some Cleric subclasses get Heavy Armor in 5E
War Clerics, Life Clerics
I think Tempest Clerics (best Clerics) do too

Coran is alive because he never even shows up in the novels and the Comic has been confirmed the be non-canon by the writer himself.

You are spouting so much misinformation to somehow try and save this trainwreck is fucking amazing through how many mental hoops you are jumping.
Are you getting paid to be this spectacularly wrong?
The Co-Writer on that fucking adventure was Phillp Athans himself you giganigger.

Attached: 1396801403567.gif (400x310, 267K)

You guys really don't know a lot about 5e, do you?

Wizards of the coast really are retards

The problem is that 5e shat the bed with a lot of classes that were previously much better, like Arcane Trickster, you can't even have a generalist Wizard in 5e, which fucking kills me since my favorite class has always been generalist wizard.

Why dont you admit that you dont know shit about modern D&D and how truly awful it is?

How many more times do you need to get BTFOd?

sorry guys but i literally and figuratively cant see a good game coming out of this.

Attached: Painting_06.jpg (938x1200, 1.35M)

You can just get a talent tho

Why cant you tards realize that dos is a different game in a different universe? Larian and wotc obviously know it.

don't bother, he's an extremely ignorant shitposter who posts that pasta every single time. people tell him everytime that shit isn't canon anymore but he just keeps going. either pretending or not.

Personally I think it's going to be alright

Attached: antonio-j-manzanedo-dragon-rojo-manzanedo (1).jpg (1600x1067, 411K)

At least it's not Beamdog.

because one of the goals for DivOS2 was to fix the horrid writing of DivOS1. Instead somehow DivOS1 ends up having better writing by virtue of being more direct, straight to the point, straightforward and not pretending to be something deep.

>cant refute anything Novelanon said
>starts samefagging

You need to get a grip on reality, buddy.

clerics arent swordsmen

Dos2 has moments of good writing in a sea of mediocre writing, just like BG2. Only thing BG2 has going for it that the overarcing story is more well thought out.

Source on the comic being non-canon, faggot.

Only CRPG thread here so I'll ask, what are my chances of beating the Lich, Spawn, and final dungeon in Pathfinder before Friday?

read the fucking comic, the writer outright said it in one of the issues either the first or the last one when it was cancelled.

You stupid fucker, the comic is on-going, with a new issue coming September 2019. You're literally making stuff up. Back to the dilation station for you.

>5e dabbed on magicshitters

unironically best edition ever holy shit

Attached: 1534446507560.png (559x489, 441K)

I hope you're not afraid of deep things

After all, you do know that the Mind Flayers live in the Underdark, where a huge lake exists
It's called the darklake

Attached: 1559935228881.jpg (1920x1080, 761K)

Gonna play through BG, how fun is a Wild Mage?

wow how did they come up with that name

Think we'll see any of the new classes and ditch some of the more redundant ones?

Hoping for mystic because I loved ciphers in PoE.
Also hoping that Rangers aren't fucking garbage like they are in every one of these games.

Attached: Mystics-FI-970x545.png (970x545, 617K)

Assuming the game is moddable that has to be one of the easiest thing to mod in

4e dabbed on magic classes way more than 5e did. I'd say 5e does a fairly good job (probably more than any other) at balancing magic and martial, though.

It's a quick save fest. Too RNG reliant to be fun, removes the strategic element from the game.

>Also hoping that Rangers aren't fucking garbage like they are in every one of these games.
Say this to Pathfinder where they are shooting fucking spear sized arrows at the speed of light

yes dabbing of magic classes is ok but what they did with 4e was too shit in general

Not as risky as you would think unless you rely on that level 1 spell that allows you to cast all spells too much. At max level, that spell is pretty much guaranteed so you're arguably the strongest arcane caster in the game
Using that spell much however can have rather interesting results. I'd go for it, I like it personally

I just hope they make the physical combat actually fun with abilities like in D:OS, instead of just right clicking and auto attacking until its dead like in BG.

Oh yeah 4e is by far the weakest edition. On the other side, I think 5e may well shape up to be the strongest

>I just hope they make the physical combat actually fun
>D&D martial
>Fun
Even if they make the combat turn based you're gonna get your backstab, whirlwind, spring attack and great cleave, and you're gonna like it

Is BG3 going to follow 5th edition rules?

Glad the genre has moved away from RTwP. Such a garbage system that made combat feel so disengaged.
Hopefully they stick to the core 5e combat system of actions, bonus actions, and reactions, and don't try and work in the action-point-based stuff larian is now known for.

>Illithid as main antagonists
Haha time for psionics.
We have psionics in 5e. Right?

>put backpack into backpack

problem solved nerd

Attached: 1553000007375.jpg (375x375, 39K)

BG2 doesn't have good writing, it's just carried by a god like performance by David Warner and the party relationship system that has some entertaining although poorly thought out quests.

Turn based with six party members could take a long time per battle though. I like TB but it's damn slow.

BG1 doesn't have class kits unless you're playing the onions edition.

larian's lax interpretation of the ruleset.

bro I need the english version of what you just said

who said it'll have 6 party members? very unlikely
and TB isn't slow. there's TB games that fixed the slowness of the system.

I'll be disappointed if it's not at least 5.

Sir Bearington.

>Turn based with six party members could take a long time per battle though.
Depends entirely on the mechanical balance and encounter design.
If it has the usual D&D problem of 50% of your melee missing every damn time it's gonna be tough, but to be fair, RTwP is the same and it's absolute garbage too compared to turn based.

>no misses
>no high level magic

This. It's Bhaal, again.

Thanks friend

But at least you can chug a cold one while watching your chars miss instead of having to autistic click every time.

most turn based rpgs have awful combat
i'd rather play baldur's gate than original sin 2

>most turn based rpgs have awful combat
True, still better than RTwP, where ALL games have awful combat.

Time to weeb it up

It's a pretty major testament to how good baldur's gate's narrative, story, and world is that it's held to such high regard even now despite a good portion of the game being about as fun as driving a hot nail through your foot.
Can't wait for Larian to completely drop the ball and make all the mind flayers gay trannies.

How are they still alive? They only made like 3 games

I feel like rtwp has more potential if iterated on. But so far they all miss the mark. Turn based is returned but feels like a group of individuals instead of a true synergistic party.

Flame me if you wish.

Attached: 1560902318831.png (490x627, 101K)

BG2 got completely carried by its magic system, which BioWare didn't even design. I don't think we'll see anything like that in BG3. Because D&D 5E doesn't have lot of the fun magic, because Larian already confirmed they're not implementing most of the high level magic, and because Larian is just shit.

>way to shit on your fanbase
dude, 2e was published in 1989

baldur's gate never had good story
the dungeons and overworld encounters with areas like durlag's tower and bg2's mage battles are why people remember it

Some rtwp games especially BG2 has shitload of mods that have some interesting enemy encounters in them. Have you tried any?

>Autocorrect cucked. Returned should be refined.

what you talking about brown man?

Hexblade is only good for a 2 level dip, battlemaster is only good compared to other fighters and you missed totem and zelot barbarian and lore bard.

5ed is the edition i needed when i was mastering years ago.

sadly it was 3.5 times.
now i don't have time for table D&D nor the insterest but i still read the manual and it fixed most of the problems i had as a master.

I'd rather have a refined rtwp game than another turn based because I feel like it has more potential.

>No misses
probably gonna be action combat
>No high level magic
good

This is shaping up to be western Dragons Dogma

I agree my last play through BG2 was fun but felt it should of have more to it

RtWP hate is so boring, I'll take Infinity Engine combat over Fallout's shitty TB combat or Original Sin's 2 round robin magic armor garbage any day. The fact is when people compare RtWP to RTS, the same applies to TB and TBS. RPG combat is always weaker than a refined tactics game like Myth or Age of Wonders.

RTWP has potential but it's biggest problem is that things ALWAYS get way too chaotic and the order of actions is hard to evaluate, which then leads to the problem of it becoming pretty difficult to properly react to enemy moves.

Then there's a myriad of other problems like in Pathfinder where the combat space gets absolutely destroyed with 90 messages saying "SAVING THROW FAILED/SUCCEEDED" above every single NPC on the field, making it a completely unreadable mess.

Baldur's Gate 2 had this last part figured out by having excellent sound feedback (if you pay attention, misses and hits have different sounds), screen shake and gibs when crits happened, and conservative use of the combat log that displayed the most essential info and nothing else, although it's still a bit messy.

I think RTWP could be improved if they just implemented BG2's system but then instead of going the Pathfinder way or spamming text entries above character heads for saving throws, they had different spell FX to indicate if the spell was a hit or miss. This way it avoids the problem of having to pause to scroll up the combat log to check if it was successful + solves the cluttered combat UI.

That said, I think it's just much easier to implement TB. You don't have to deal with any of the problems RTWP brings in terms of initiative, action economy, poor pacing and readibility, and you already have very good solutions to implement for TB's traditional problems (ToEE, nuXCOM).

>not playing as a muscular hunk of meat
enjoy being an old man in skirts, caster

Attached: 7.jpg (1920x1801, 412K)

what the fuck are you talking about? Dragon's Dogma is essentially high level D&D. hell the fucking magic everyone loves to wank over is high level d&d
also fuck you for wanting action combat. RPGs and action combat are mutually exclusive.

>with a new issue coming September 2019.
The last I heard it was cancelled.

And it doesnt matter either, still non-canon.

>You're literally making stuff up.
Said the guy who claimed the novels weren't canon when they clearly are.

never play as casters I just play as sword and board and every time I hear that the magic is good in dragons dogma I want to try it but don't want to lose my progress

based.

>people shit on RTWP like it's the worst thing
>meanwhile a rather popular series exists that people exclusively played for RTWP combat

Attached: $_35.jpg (221x266, 24K)

>implying I'm going to play WRPG reading simulators
kys nerds.

But that's not cyberpunk 2020, it's cyberpunk 2077 you double nogger

Is it hard to get into Baldur's Gate 1? I've never touched the series so I have no idea how dated the first game is.

>no misses
how do you make that work?

I pirated the Enhanced Edition
I got into it quite fast, but I kept dying to encounters that had to be reloaded so I could get lucky on a saving throw against hold person or something. A bit tiring.

not really, only thing that sucks is bad pathfinding

notice how you're comparing RTWP as a system to game-specific TB systems. You're implying that Divinity Original Sins 2's garbage armor and initiative systems are intrinsic to Turn-Based, which isn't the case at all.

>AC now absorbs damage

you can interrupt enemy spellcasts with a magic missile

You can try and pick it up, but it is rather rough. Baldurs Gate 2 is far easier to get into, if you can't stomach 1 (but for full enjoyment it is better to play through 1 first then 2).

Anyone have more of these faceapp pics

Attached: 1561269265498.jpg (1280x1280, 1021K)

>Enhanced meme
fuck beamdog and their fanfic editions

Attached: vw6d2In.jpg (2014x854, 643K)

>The fact is when people compare RtWP to RTS, the same applies to TB and TBS
Not really, but believe what you want, RTwP and RTS aren't even remotely comparable for the simple fact that TBS lacks the entire RPG part of the combat, that is variables and dice rolls, it's a hard math game in the same way TB is a hard math game, RTwP is a shitty middle ground born from the silly need of making things more "realistic" or "immersive" when RPGs completely revolve around abstraction of reality, it's a system made for people who hate RPGs at their core.

Inquisitor, would like to see if i can become mind flayer

This is because you start low level and with low hp, so a single cast of magic missiles can kill you or other stuff. This gets quickly better when you gain more levels.

Feminist Imoen is a truly cursed image

Maybe Blackguard if it's still a choice. If not, Inquisitor.

>no high level magic
But why? There are some weird high level spells but they exist at low levels too
If they're going to ban Earthquake or Clone or Contingency they might as well ban Silent Image or Augury or other weird or open-ended low level spells

I don't understand why they wouldn't say what the basics of the battle system are.

Help me.

Attached: D6U66U6WAAA_9Fr.jpg (750x711, 58K)

"too complicated" or "too much work" to implement.
Wish spell made it in as a dialogue option though.

>take the host body which has 5 fingers
>somehow end up with 4 because uh... reasons

So dumb

How is BG2 easier to get into? Instead of learning spells one by one with BG1, you'll get something like 5 level of mage spells and 4 level of cleric spells at the beginning of the game. If I were to start with BG2 I'd feel overwhelmed by that

because they anticipate the colossal shitstorm that's about to hit them and they don't want the negativity to take over the reveal of the game when it's in the spotlight at the biggest conference in the world.

They don't care about the host body, they're not intellect devourers.
They are illithids, the ultimate evolution of the humanoid shape and the future of every humanoid.

Maybe the story isn't that high level. BG2 also added HLAs with ToB after all, unless you mean something else by high level magic

Do you think we're only going to be able to get to around level 8-9 like in bg1 in this

Then don't pick a caster class as your first character I guess.

Attached: shrug2.png (960x628, 702K)

In a game where illithids are coming in full force only 9 max level wouldn't really work

unless.......

>continuing Baldur's Gate for no good reason
>5e
No thanks

Because its going to be ''D&D light'' with Cooldowns instead of Resting or Memorizing spells.

Turns out that plebs are too dumb to understand Vancian Magic now.

TBS does have dice rolls and so do RTS. Ever heard of Field of Glory, Total War, Warcraft 3? All of these use heavy dice rolls.

yeah I wonder how they are gonna make a multiplanar threat work with low level characters. There was a reason you dealt with illithids only in bg2.

>Turns out that plebs are too dumb to understand Vancian Magic now.
>people defending Vancian magic as "smart"
No. Vancian magic is dumb but tell yourself whatever you need to.

Even if they don't take them out expect a lot of spells to be severely nerfed or be totally useless, any and all D&D games are like that 90% of your spellbook will always and inevitably be trash, D:OS games weren't that different either, especially 2.
Illiniggers like you will hang soon.
No way they're keeping this to level 10, during a full Illithid invasion we're bound to get to level 20 at the very least, epic levels are unlikely, but a level 10 cap is even more unlikely.

But with every Age of Decadence or Underrail there's a dozen Original Sin 2's or Fallouts in terms of combat.

Oathbreaker and conquest are close enough thematically but not really blackguards.

it's not that people don't understand vancian magic
it's just that for the most part they don't like it

to quote *ahem*

"Tiers of Play
The shading in the Character Advancement table shows the four tiers of play. The tiers don’t have any rules associated with them; they are a general description of how the play experience changes as characters gain levels.
In the first tier (levels 1-4), characters are effectively apprentice adventurers. They are learning the features that define them as members of particular classes, including the major choices that flavor their class features as they advance (such as a wizard’s Arcane Tradition or a fighter’s Martial Archetype). The threats they face are relatively minor, usually posing a danger to local farmsteads or villages.
In the second tier (levels 5-10), characters come into their own. Many spellcasters gain access to 3rd-level spells at the start of this tier, crossing a new threshold of magical power with spells such as fireball and lightning bolt. At this tier, many weapon-using classes gain the ability to make multiple attacks in one round. These characters have become important, facing dangers that threaten cities and kingdoms.
In the third tier (levels 11-16), characters have reached a level of power that sets them high above the ordinary populace and makes them special even among adventurers. At 11th level, many spellcasters gain access to 6th-level spells, some of which create effects previously impossible for player characters to achieve. Other characters gain features that allow them to make more attacks or do more impressive things with those attacks. These mighty adventurers often confront threats to whole regions and continents.
At the fourth tier (levels 17-20), characters achieve the pinnacle of their class features, becoming heroic (or villainous) archetypes in their own right. The fate of the world or even the fundamental order of the multiverse might hang in the balance during their adventures."

Vancian casting is only really functional in the context of hardcore dungeon crawlers, in actual RPG scenarios, especially CRPG, it's a nuisance more than anything, there's a reason tons of games with Vancian casting still give you easy rest, look at the NWN games for instace.
I would welcome cooldowns if they were a things, makes the game a lot less tedious and with much more meaningful resource management.

Vancian Magic is the most retarded shit ever, more so in a game that punishes you for resting too much

>RPGs and action combat are mutually exclusive
no?
Why?
>High level DnD
no, dragons dogma is low level DnD according to the japanese.
The strongest spells in Dragons Dogma might look impressive, but at the end of the day they are damage spells.
The realy ridiculous stuff in high level DnD like casting wish or just teleporting the party somewhere, or flying or whatever else "Wizard handwaves the plot" spell you can thik of.

the only "high level" stuff Dragons Dogma kept is that which is in line with what other classes do at that level.

I usually go fighter on rpgs but fighter npcs are always the best bros so either tempest cleric using a polearm, paladin or warlock

>low level DnD according to the japanese
so japs are retarded?

They had a shitty UE for the Mystic but it was pretty bland and unimaginative despite being ridiculously overpowered.

I too would like to see a proper psionic class and they should mesh pretty well with 5e given that sorcery points are basically power points in new pants.

Actually if you pay attention to Durlag's Tower, there are some signs to illithids there. It could be like that at low level, you don't directly deal with them but you learn their influence this way

Attached: riddle3.jpg (1600x596, 272K)

grand bolide is basically the same as meteor swarm which is a level 20 spell...
but I know what you mean on utility spells

Either paladin or wizard. They never fail.

There are contrarians that actually deluded themselves into thinking Age of Decadence has better combat than Divinity OS2. Wow

>cooldowns
doubt.jpg
>too dumb to understand Vancian magic
you know who is too dumb to understand Vancian magic?
WOTC.
WOTC thing Vancian magic balances casters, what i realy does is forcing the party to rest every time Old Grampa wizards back is hurting again because he wasted all his spell slots in one encounter.
This is notoriously bad in video games, i mean look at NWN.

Yeah! So dumb!

Attached: e3441207b7504922ab89ad333ce83eef-1.jpg (504x346, 139K)

Neither mastermind rogue nor the elf feat will be in the game

Asmodeus will wreck the multiverse once he figures out how to controll the abyss.

it didn't have round robin garbage, turns didnt take ages, and no magic armor so yes
divinity os2 was shit and way worse than the first

>most of your replies are people who want to add turn timers to spells
People just hate fun and the best dnd games apparently

I always wanted to try a Warlock in D&D, but NWN2 was kinda trash compared to the first game, so I couldn't play it past a couple of hours. Ran like shit on my toaster back then too.
I usually prefer spellcasting archetypes in RPGs, but I could also roll a dick ass thief or a tank.

Every time.
i swear these people havent played either of them, they just heard Age of Decadence is le epic hardcore CRPG that the cool kids all like (but thats clunky and looks like shit so theyll never play it)
meanwhile theyve seen two screenshots from OS2 and heard that the armor system doesnt work (it does, it just doesnt work with some builds and you can ltieraly mod it out with a mod that has existed for ages) so they go virtue signal about it.

Could be that they are basically a backdrop for most of BG3 and you only have some confrontation with them at the end. Then in BG4 you fight them directly. Makes thematically sense because are mind controllers and manipulators.
But for that Laria hyped them up too much already, if they do it like this many will be disappointed.

Do all of the above as a fighter or pally/hexblade warlock

>5e ruleset
>no cleave unless optional rule is turned on (only exists on one ranger subclass)
>rangers are just ok, and one of the subclasses make them worse(?)
>wizards who study get spellslots on short rest while sorcs who are born magic can't
do you think they'll change these for the vidya or is Crawford gonna breath down on them whispering "make sure the martials and sorcerers cry"

I'm pretty sure they're not gonna have that operate the same way
You might be able to multi, sure. But no way are they insane enough to make it operate the same way. It's actually fucking stupid.

Don't like multiclassing, unless it's a requirement for a prestige. Also, I haven't been keeping up with D&D since 3.5E.

i own both, and couldn't force myself to slog through OS2 alone or with friends as it has garbage itemization, garbage combat (i made the mistake of making a summoner), and garbage plot
i really can't think of any positives for it despite enjoying the first game
meanwhile in AoD i exhausted as much combat as possible through the arena, fighting ordu, and killing one of the gods and it never got stale

>Why?
>Make an entire genre with mechanics based on mathematical approximation of reality due to being physically unable to actually perform functional roleplay in a P&P context
>What your characters can do is based on mathematical abstraction, which is why ALL tabletop games are turn based, so mathematical abstraction actually works
>B...but there's nothing that says a genre that is mechanically the exact opposite of mathematical abstraction is bad for RPGs
Todd, no matter how hard you try TES will always be shit and not an RPG.

NWN2 main campaign was generic trash, but play Warlock in Mask of the Betrayer user.

kind of my point. i admit some spells are basically high level spells, but Dragons Dogma emulates the kind of DnD that the japs are used to: dungeon crawling with some meta plot.
japs arent used to anyhting beyond ADnD anyway, the game used to be different back then and the focus was more on the actual DUNGEONS and DRAGONS part rather than MIDDLE SCHOOL THEATRE and DMPCs of the modern age, where Wizard utility powers are king.

Trying really hard to break the game is almost the entire point of playing the game. Its 95% of what people talk about in pathfinder threads, for example.

You could also just go balls deep on hexblade. Really multiclassing is insanely simple and OP in 5e.
Also uh about those prestige classes, don't look forward to them being in BG3

>Create three characters
>Other three slots are for recruiting other people's creations found all over the world

That would be pretty badass for a crpg. Like Dragons Dogma pawns only not servile to the player entirely.

Attached: 1561138083518.jpg (640x641, 66K)

They made mindflayers ridiculous. Originally the larva would eat the brain and only then slowly transform the body. The entire process took about a month. It looks stupid when it happens in about 40 seconds and you still have the body change like that.

They'll have a reason for it but everyone will know it's a cop out to make whatever dumb idea they had work.

Play MoTB or if you are a Jew, or enjoy Jew simulators, play Storm of Zehir, both are fun. MOTB is a bit words words words but its got neat companions and cool locales.
Storm of zehir is very freeform and features Icewind Dale style full party customization

>Starting at 2nd level when you choose this school, glimpses of the future begin to press in on your awareness. When you finish a long rest, roll two d20s and record the numbers rolled. You can replace any attack roll, saving throw, or ability check made by you or a creature that you can see with one of these foretelling rolls. You must choose to do so before the roll, and you can replace a roll in this way only once per turn.

Will Matt Mercer voice be in the game

Or you do shit like coffeelock and break the game.

probs

I didn't mean just the story, I mean the general gameplay, especially the UI in 2 was ultra cumbersome compared to the elegance of the original game.

not gonna happen for sure
most dms ban it for a reason so I see them not making it possible in the same way
it's even worse than pally/warlock

from what Sven said, i think melee combat will look very different than in DnD.
It looks like the game wont be isometric.
My personal guess is something like Dragon Age Inquisition where you got action combat with a tactical view ala RTWP games.

And if that doesnt happen, just play a Battlemaster like the rest of us martial plebs who want shit to do.

There's a remarkable amount of lying and misinformation in this thread about what's going to be in the game.

Larian has actually said that they started off trying to make a 1 to 1 conversion of the 5e ruleset in the larian engine. In other words, they are going to be faithful to 5e mechanics.

Literally what? NWN2 was way better than NWN1, especially the DLC.

I'm not playing it because I don't trust Larian to make a good game without filling it with reddit humor.

Attached: 1559561852433.jpg (911x615, 126K)

dont you have to rush to save Coran in 2 from Safana and werewolves

Sven also said some shit about throwing tables too so there are bound to be interactable fighting stuff

I think they could make pally 6/bladelock 12 work. Bring that beautiful divine and eldritch smite stacking dms never allow after their first experience with it

Looks like this is a matter of taste tho.
Itemization i agree, the problem isnt that items are shit, but that the numbers between levels go up way too much and that means you ofthen have to decide between items you want and items that do the correct ammount of damage.

Saying OS2 has garbage combat is just weird.
And whats the problem with summoner?
For one, you got plenty of points to stack into, for example, intelligence so you can easily learn all other magic schools on top of summoning, just one point in aerothurge will give you teleport aka the most broken spell in the game.

And then you can completley abuse the action economy by spamming totems and the Incarnate is basically an extra party member that can teleport, be invisible, backstab, do AoE damage and knoc people over

Probably going with either Vengeance Paladin or Evocation Wizard

Morrowind had plenty of mechanical abstraction, so idk.
You relaize that you can make a game action based while still having mechanical abstraction right?
I mean HP are a mechanical abstraction.
I personally prefer Turn based anyway, but i dont think its gonna be turnbased.
They got Boomers breathing down their necks yearning for RTWP and WOTC is probably telling them to go tripple A.
I generaly think Larian makes good games so im not worried, i jus thope its more dragons dogma than skyrim.

Aren't 90% of all warlock multiclasses just one or two levels of hexblade, becauae the class is frontloaded as hell?

most are, yes

Man, I loved my Summoner Lohse coop playthrough. Sided with my demon and managed to kill off my buddies in 3v3 with me and my two demons.

In 5e, is being a multiclass with 50/50 split like original BGs a bad idea?

>Morrowind had plenty of mechanical abstraction
Which clashed horribly with the game's core action based nature, like all ARPGs.
>Swing sword, visually see it hit an enemy
>Miss
>Trivialize the entire combat by simply sidestrafing
It's utter shit

They're by far the best devs right now to handle the BG license. You should be grateful that Wizards don't treat their vidya licenses like GW does.

You generally want to work of certain capstones, so a 50-50 split is not advisable. Mostly you run with a primary class and take some dips.

I'd rather not have another Baldurs gate then watch Larian rape its corpse like Bethesda does with fallout.

For the most part, no. There are some fucked shit that actually makes it stronger though. And even then most of the time it is like, a few level dips.
Something like 10-10 is pretty garbage

Fort the most part, no you wouldn't want to multiclass*

>Yes I don't minmax in my rpgs. How could you tell?

Attached: x11.jpg (750x750, 100K)

based af. I can fully get behind minmaxing stats but minmaxing multiclasses just gets tiresome

Vancian is fine for table top.
It is just downright shit in computer games.

Chad singleclassed Caster vs the Virgin "muh level dip" Martial

And nature domain clerics too, for whatever reason.
Or you can start with a singleevel of fighter, or get a feat.

I'll probably go with war cleric.
Depending on how they implement familiars, I might get magic initiate or rotual caster too.

I agree with that 100%
in paper in makes for some good roleplaying moments

MoB gave you ingame mechanics that prevented you from resting regularly. Its a fuck hard thing to balance.

its a CGI trailer you people will complain about everything

>Siding with adramahliik
fukin wew, enjoy beeing a meatpuppet
Jahan was right about the W*man menace

Completely fucked evil mages

I was a good wizard. I was fucking invincible.

Already from level 2? Not bad.

>no?
>Why?
because role playing implies playing a character, not self inserting. therefore, the results of the character's actions cannot be directly influenced by player input, ie dodging, hitting attacks, etc. It must be derived from the character's statistics, otherwise it's a fucking action game, not an RPG.

>Given the chance to devour gods for their power
>Try to cure the “curse” instead

So if I get a really OP roll right after a rest I can just fuck everything up until I rest again?

I hate feeling hungry.

There is nothing special about life cleric; cleric is top tier in general. Bard is also top tier

the actual fuck is that definition.
so let me guess, youre one of those DMs that doesnt actually let the player explaina nything to NPCs but immediatly lets them roll diplomacy or bluff

If the pc is an uncharismatic fool I would expect the play to act accordingly and yes let him roll to at least have a small chance.

>*expect the player

>implying
College of Lore Bard is by far the strongest caster in 5e due to literally getting any spell they want from any list, and getting paladin and ranger spells before the actual paladins and rangers do.

Will the story be good?

You can only switch out two rolls til your next rest, but you can switch out enemy, ally or your own rolls with it. You don't even need to get a nat 1 or 20 for it to work wonders. Roll a 10? You can switch that with any saving throw an enemy makes so they are guaranteed to fail that save (assuming your spell DC isn't garbage of course).

It works fantastically for contested rolls as well. Just give yourself the higher of the two and your opponent the lower. It's like a guaranteed result for something once per rest.

i let them explain and ask for the roll at the same time. i compare the roll to the NPC's DC.

What is a moon druid?

A druid that is focused around his animal form.

How do you think it will deal with short rests vs long rests? Rogues will just be useless if you can rest whenever consider their main advanatge is they dont rely on resting for anything but hp

like a nigger focused around being a monkey

Are they really that overpowered? My impression is that they'd be OP at early levels, and taper off at high levels

Thanks

Can i be a muscle wizard and cast fists?

Attached: 1314054717239.jpg (634x187, 46K)

Turns into stronger animals. Can later turn into elementals and cast spells in wildshale. Max level it gets stupid broken because it gets unlimited wildshapes, which means unlimited hp, but no one really plays at those levels

Paladin Fighter or monk. Magic gey ranged gey sneak gey.

Tenser’s Transformation exists but other than that not really

Druid in itself is a pretty good class and moon druid gets a massive amount of additional hit points through animal forms. It's level 20 capstone is also one of the strongest in the game.

I disagree, there's plenty of dialogue, etc, that's people remember. This is the first time i've seen a BG thread without people spamming lines from Sarevok and Irenicus, or Xvart REEEEing, and ofc "So sayeth the wise Alaundo"

that*

>Can i be a muscle wizard and cast fists?
Bigsby's spell line is casting fist in multiple forms, I guess take a bladesinger and spec into unarmed combat feats.

I've been wanting to try BG2 out for a while, but whenever I try to start it up I feel overwhelmed by the stats and mechanics and not having any idea how to build characters. How do you get past that hurdle?

That sounds utterly retarded, who though that was a good idea?

The idea behind the bard in 5e is to be a multitool, so you can essentially steal some spells to jump in where the party is lacking, but they should have excluded the ranger and paladin spell list.

Look up guides and google stuff. Well that's what i did as i had no idea how to build characters properly either.

Play BG1.
Also try up to read on AD&D 2e. There should be some nice summaries of the basics out there.

Agree with this, also because you can carry your character over from 1 into 2.

It's only a few spells, most of their spells will still be bard spells. The thing that makes lore bards super strong is they get that while also being a full caster and getting expertise and cutting words/bardic inspiration

Where's the Enhanced Edition copypasta? It should serve as a warning for BG3

Yeah I can see how one studio should pay for the sins of another unrelated studio.

Why? Beamdog has nothing to do with it, luckily.

shh pointing out basic facts interferes with neo-Yea Forums getting its rage boner on

>0
capstone?

Changing her alignment literally kills her.

Max level ability. They're wildshape goes from twice per short rest to unlimited

Probably Devotion Paladin, it's fun being a hero. Plus, an aura with Charm immunity is probably going to be very useful in a mind flayer-heavy adventure.

Attached: For-Honor-Lawbringer.png (485x624, 113K)

Some classes, like Paladin, should be things the Playable Character should grow into, rather than be a class given right away, given that it's a class with a lot of backstory.

What? You just have to be in a romance with her and tell her that you think a city being destroyed was horrible.

That's kinda what the subclasses are for. You don't actually take an Oath until level 3 - before that, you're just a squire or initiate.

>make the game turn based
Good. Combat in D&D is turn based.

Newbie here. So a Bard has spells but can't cast with armor on. Do you have to manually put it on and off? That seems annoying?

>people actually defending vancian magic
>implying that vancian magic is for smart people

>Paladin(any)
Based. How does 5e makes them strong?

She became my number one priestess and mortal jizz sock. And see lived a long life.

they're able to smite anything, and a plentiful amount of times too
smite damage is added on top of weapon damage
you get to choose when you smite aka, if you hit and it lands you can say ''I wanna smite as well'' instead of saying you're going to smite before the attack, potentially wasting it if you miss.
Smites can also crit too, of course.

They're half-casters with Extra Attack, a pool of healing that is independent of spell slots and can be used to cure certain conditions as well as restore health, an aura that adds their CHA bonus to all saves for themselves and any nearby allies, and have the highest nova in the game through critical Smites. All of that's before considering the various subclasses, which give even more spells, unique Channel Divinity powers, and aura upgrades (including things like immunities and resistances).

They have high burst damage with their smites, have reliable healing with lay on hands, boost saving throws and give fear resistance to the entire party and all of the subclasses have at least something usefull.

you also don't have to be lawful good anymore, if that tickles your fancy

Impossible without taking options from the player, you'd need to design an eaely game for each class. Dragon Age Origins did that, but it only had 3 classes unlike all the D&D ones

No one cares virgin, have sex.

Yeah, but why wouldn't you want to be an LG champion of Tyr, Helm, or Nobanion?

I like Tamara, myself. Take a gander at which paladin subclass I favor most in 5e.

NO FUCKING IDEA BUT I JUST BOUGHT ONE AND TWO ON STEAM AND IM HYPED

>bag of holding
what now, nerd?

Is the Dragon-Disciple sorcerer kit good? I read somewhere that you can get healed by fire with a immunity of over 100%

She's a fragile one, but you can kind of help her out with gear and good positioning.

She was my first waifu and I used her name to trip like a decade ago.

Good taste, user.

You are looking at 4 attacks per turn(if hasted) dealing 6d8s/5d8s plus your own weapon buff at late game for even more damage. on tabletop you choose when you smite, dont know how they will do it in the videogame. The main benefit of choosing is dropping your biggest smites on crits for even crazier damage.
They also have good auras, some good spells and great survivability with Lay on Hands.
if you can rest after every battle like older games (instead of being like Pathfinder for example). you will using smite on every attack and be actually broken. On table you have to choose when to waste your spell slots, usually saving to burst some kind of a boss in two turns.

An Ancient, huh? Solid stuff. Resistance to all spell damage is nothing to sneeze at, and you have some really good magic.

It can be, I prefer regular sorcerer more because 1 extra spell per spellslot is nice. But what you mention with immunity over 100% you can do things like, drop incendinary clouds and walk in it to heal while your enemies take massive damage

Who are you Yea Forums?

Attached: 1133627606fullres.jpg (210x330, 51K)

Close, Redemption
but Ancient is really good too. I like the roleplay flair of redemption the most because it makes me feel like pic related

Attached: ls.jpg (610x830, 272K)

Isn't it 3 attacks with haste?

>drop incendinary clouds and walk in it to heal while your enemies take massive damage
I'm new to casters but this makes my penis hard.

Btw, if you go Devotion Paladin you will be immune to Mindflay fuckery too through the aura.

Thanks lads. I'm already really familiar with paladins from 3.5 and Pathfinder, but I don't know about 5e at all. So the new thing from what I could gather is that you can do smite evil after rolling the actual attack?
Pity that doesn't sound like something that can work in a video game

smite *anything* after rolling the actual attack
it doesn't need to be evil alignment anymore

Attack action for 2 attacks, Get a PAM feat for bonus action attack for 3 attacks. If you can get haste you can pretty much throw 4 attacks and have a massive burst.

Also very good. Here's hoping they include Redemption in the initial release.

Well, they said they'd tinker with the system a bit. Maybe they have something in mind to make it work.

Just ignore the trolls, jealous beamniggers or bioniggers

Does that mean a fighter could theoretically use 12 GWM attacks in a single turn? I always thought haste only adds a single additional attack.

You just use your spellslot to do radiant damage on anything when you do any melee attack. Its a high damage. On a long day the Paladin wont shine dealing damage, on a boss fight he will make short work of it.

samurai I believe can technically get 20 attacks in a single turn, good luck pulling it off though

Mechanically, it doesn't need more than a prompt (doesn't have to include numbers, may just be "you will hit light/medium/hard/critical") and a smite/don't smite choice.

Works better in turn-based, which I hope for.

Haste adds one attack. Fighters do 10 attacks (4*2) +1 bonus action + 1 from haste.
Samurai fighter can give up on advantage on one of their attacks and get 11 attacks. The +10 from GWF or Sharpshooter is a stable for warrior damage since you will get a high damage without even rolling dices.

You're seeing it backwards, a muscle wizard doesn't channel arcane power into fists, he channels fists into arcane power
Basically STR as the spell attribute

How is a Bard in bg2?

>Charname
>Jaheira
>Kalhid
>Xzar
What the fuck are these names? sounds like a school class in a bad side of London, is D&D full on SJW these days? I didn't remember all these ethnic names in neverwinter

>Dicks & Dykes 5E
that's a no thanks from me, degenerate.

Alright, lads. I'm going to do a BG run from 1 through 2 with all the fucking DLC and shit. What's the most chad character I can create if I want to lean into CHARNAME becoming a god? F/M/T? Dual-class F/M? Cleric?

Toss me some ideas so I can kick this thing off. Big dick chad recommendations only.

if you're gonna /pol/-bait at least try to do it better

Zoom Zoom

Those are literally the names of companions from the game you retarted zoomer

Ranger / Cleric.

it's generally known that
fighter (whichever kit)9 > mage
and sorcerer are the top tier choices
sorcerer is a tad bit less forgiving though because you need to know which spells are actually good

>he doesn't know
Dragons can become Mind Flayers too.
They're also absurdly powerful, a dragon that becomes a Brainstealer Dragon is by default as strong as an Elder Brain.
Now imagine a Brainstealer Dragon that progresses through the Mind Flayer life cycle and advances to become an Elder Brain.

Attached: brainstealer.jpg (297x400, 24K)

It takes no effort at all.

>pick any race
>pick any class
>always max dexterity
>always max strength
>constitution to 16, unless you are a fighter, paladin, ranger, barbarian or monk, in which case max it
>are you a paladin, cleric, druid or ranger? max wisdom, otherwise set it to the minimum
>are you a wizard? max out intelligence, otherwise set it to the minimum
>set charisma to the minimum (this is assuming you are playing Baldur's Gate 2, this stat actually matters in the first game)

Your character is now perfect outside of a few incredibly insignificant situations that aren't worth mentioning.

Depends. Second edition has HUGE power gaps as leveling progresses. Casters start out almost useless, and by the end of BG2, they're literally stopping time and nuking everyone in sight while hidden behind fifty fucking layers of spell protections and immunities. Dual classing also typically doesn't come into its own until later in the game, as well. Martial classes start off stronger, but become boring and much less useful by the end of the game (although they can still pump out insane damage.)

Would probably still job to that netherese archmage who bodyjacked an elder brain.

Iunno, probably a Paladin.

If the combat it turned based like Original Sin 2 was, a wizard.

Fuck me that looks and sounds amazing

Is it too much to expect it in BG3?

It is a mind flayer-centric adventure. It's entirely possible they'll throw one in.

Given how the previous BG games had big monsters and setpeices I don't think it'd be out of the realm of possibility to see something like that.

I really hope they have all the different 5E classes and subclasses.
Not only does it just give you a fuckton of options, but this is the first time we've completely ditched alignment requirements, so stuff like blackguards or death clerics can be made as good characters, which is something I've always fucked hated with D&D games is that they keep dumb alignment restrictions.

5E ditching Alignment is probably the best decision with the system.

Where's Forgotten Realms cosmology nowadays?
Back then you could add either the Planescape or the Spelljammer space stuff, but if you did both, things just fell apart. Specially when it comes to gods, as apparently all the gods and even Ao only have jurisdicion over the Faerun crystal sphere? And the other planes are common to all the spheres?

No, the removal of the retarded linear auto-progression was.

5E basically went "fuck it" and mixed Planescape and Spelljammer together and they're both canon.

5e has ignored all that shit.

The duality of Yea Forums

Is it real time or turn based? I stopped playing DOS2 because TB combat is a slog.

no one knows yet, it seems like they're leaving out that specific part on purpose

t. person who breezed through the much more frequent fights in BG1&2&ToB on easy mode and/or with cheats enabled

>Terrible example of this is Pathfinder: Kingmaker, with the added layer of kingdom management on a timer.
The time limits are extraordinarily generous and the game even send casual tier PLEASE PAY ATTENTION IN 2 WEEKS SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DON'T MAN UP RIGHT NOW announcements when getting too close to dates now.
You're just a fag who doesn't like time limits, even though they might as well not exist in Kingmaker since you always have more than enough time, even if you rest once per area.
Adventuring also takes 1/100 of your time, it's kingdom rank ups that take most of it.

Not sure. They talked a bit about their plans for the engine, but I don't think they've confirmed turn-based or real-time.

There's nothing like that in D&D, you can't use your STR on spell rolls, but maybe in 5e you can take a Monk in the way of the four elements and get something similar to what you want, back in 3.5e you had things like Sacred Fist which were basically unarmed offensive spellcasters, but 5e is diffferent.

>Impossible without taking options from the player, you'd need to design an eaely game for each class
Exactly. That's the problem. They'd either have to come up with a few or a single (highly difficult) scenario where a paladin and other classes would fit in in the early game with the proper development.

Else it'd be like playing totally different games for some classes. But that would require lots of work .

RPGs that try to mirror tabletop experience are the hardest games to design.
Indeed but who's the NPC(s) who initiate your character to become a Paladin?

Presumably, someone very similar to the guy who taught a Fighter to swing a sword, or a Rogue how to pick locks, or a Wizard how to cast Light.

Mages always do some crazy shit. They are always the most OP characters in any setting, eventually.

>if it fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead
FUCK YOU

kys retard

>Xan is a bitch[...]
>Imoen [...] gets her neck snapped in TOB by that monk faggot
>Yoshimo gets murdered by CHARNAME in Slayerform
wtf I love the Baldur's Gate novels now

Yeah, it takes some doing bringing down something like that.

no

>Is it real time or turn based?
knowing larian it's most likely going to have a turn based mode, however wizards will probably make them implement a RTwP as well, to tame the autists - they know their customers.

yes

stop being a bitch for starters

Attached: cancer.jpg (461x394, 67K)

At the start of the day role 2xd20s. Record the results. Let's say you get a 5 and 16.

Later subsitute your pre-rolled dice result in place if a dice being rolled NOW.

Guy you cast disintegrate on rolling a con save? Here, take this 5 as your roll, fail and melt.

Alright. Not as good as it was in 1, since you're a generalist in a game when specialists really start to shine, but you won't be terrible.

>strongest classes are cleric, wizard, and druid
nothing, retard.

War domain gets both. Lots of other domains get heavy armor and could spend a feat (or mq) and get martial prof.

>feats
Yikes.

>you can't even have a generalist Wizard in 5e
The fuck are you talking about. There are no banned schools. You just pick one for additional perks.
Inb4 your unique definition of generalist.

based fellow

>Yikes.

Attached: 1455544627965.jpg (651x768, 72K)

Paladin of Mystra

They don't want to say it will be like Skyrim or Witcher.

>this is BG3 intended audience

Feats in 5e are clearly an after thought as they're an optional rule and completely destroy the little balance the game has. They literally allow players to ignore core rules and make stupid braindead characters who, for example, can shoot their crossbow a hundred times per round at melee range with zero penalty whatsoever.

cleric/thief

ITS OK WHEN OLD GAMES DO IT

Attached: 1559796670703.png (782x758, 127K)

>t-they're not taking my bait? fuck fuck FUCK FUCK WHERE ARE MY WOJAAAAAAAKS

Attached: principal boomer.jpg (672x787, 40K)

that's still not good enough

I mean if they're optional, and you find players abuse them to destroy the balance, then just don't use them

monk like always
i dont remember the names of the ways but the classic one

>completely destroy the little balance the game has
Vs. The balance in any other edition of d&d that does or doesn't have feats, excluding 4e?
Fucking lol.
They're not that unbalancing particularly vs. 3.5.

good bait

redpill me on FR's biggest heroes in 5E (like Elminster, Drizzt etc.)
what happened to them

Oh, thought you meant they're the same gay bullshit that keep you from doing things that are perfectly within the realm of realism as 3.5's were. My bad.

Infernal Warlock

>life cleric
lmao no

>They're not that unbalancing particularly vs. 3.5.
That has to be the most retarded thing I've ever read regarding D&D in general. You clearly have not played 3.5 and 5. No feat in 3.5 is as powerful as most 5e feat. You don't get to pick a feat in 3.5 that says you'll never ever be surprised and creatures you can't even see can never ever have advantage on you.

What are you even talk about. Name feats that do that.

>No feat in 3.5 is as powerful as most 5e feat
Of course not but you get MORE of thrm in 3.5. If you look at 5e (combat) feats they are a combination of what USED to be 3.5 feats in one package but you get LESS of them. Instead of getting them in single allotments, like power attack and cleave in 3.5, you get them as a package, like Great Weapon Master in 5e.

I play and DM both systems and although 5e has plenty of faults is fucking laughable to think it's more unbalanced than earlier editions. Concentration nerfed casters as did just spell text in general (look at time stop over the various editions). Bounded accuracy stopped NPCs and PCs alike from being unhittable, etc. 5e has plenty of issues but being less balanced than earlier editions? Get out.

Spoilers for BGIII.

Attached: Mindflayer vs Drow.png (815x740, 276K)

Why did Charname seem to lose all his genre savviness and charisma in BG II?

Attached: erWJM.jpg (974x388, 74K)

I don't get it. What am I supposed to be looking at here?

You imply that we all choose the same dialogue option that made him as uncharismatic as the way you probably made him

Ah yes, the famous 3.5 feats that allow you to cast spells as a wizard wearing heavy armor with zero penalties.... Oh wait.

the more 'concise' and smallest number of areas limit the nonsense dialogue in BG2

CRINGE. I'll take Baldur's Gate 2's melodramatic and forced writing over the shit "aware" writing in 1.

THIS IS A TEXTBOX TO SOME BHAALSPAWN FUCK NAMED CHARNAME

Attached: ltg.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

BG2 had some funny dialogue options, but none as cringy as this. This reads like a nerd with a chip on his shoulder trying desparately to be clever

Yeah. Baldur's Gate I sucked.

Planescape had the best writing of the D&D games.

Sauce?

Haha, no. Planescape's writing was just as bad as . Baldur's Gate II had the best writing of any of the Dungeons and Dragons vidya.

do you really expect anyone to fight you over this?

that's a pretty common opinion

I wouldn't say it sucked, but it's definitely WAY less polished than 2, almost to the point that it feels like an entirely different game. It's still fun if you get into it, but it can be a shock coming from BG2, which really is in an entirely different league in terms of quality.

>BG3
>nothing to do with Bhaalspawn
>5e
So I'm legit happy to see the D&D license not rotting in a vault again but I have a hard time seeing this game as little more than collecting on the cachet of BG2 while being related to it in nothing but a tweaked setting.

No, it really wasn't. PS:T is pretty fun in terms of writing, not long endless blocks of nerd rant.

>wizard wearing heavy armor

Bounded. Fucking. Accuracy.

With 1) mage armor in 5e and 20 dex you can get 18 AC. Wearing 2) heavy armor and a shield you can get 20 AC. The 1st comes on late the 2nd requires sacrificing feats (and thus ASIs!) or multiclassing so you can wear heavy armor, and delaying wizard (wizard!) spell progression. The end difference is... 2 AC.

That's a "2" AC difference. Big fucking deal.

you know what I like about baldur's gate
how your fighters can be both beefy and do damage
pillars of eternity irks me a lot because you to build characters to either do lots of damage and go down in one hit, or as a tank and do absolutely no damage

Will we get a drow partymember, or will they just be an enemy race in III?

Attached: drow_with_daughter_by_carlossneak.jpg (712x1000, 333K)

You’re not fooling anyone

It's normal. They use the BG name because it has some sort of recognition in the video game scene. But the target buyer is clearly not the people that played BG1/2.

Hottest and most genetically evil race in Dungeons and Dragons.

Attached: drow_by_ladyevril.png (1024x1322, 945K)

Balance man made sure his game was a more of an mmo party-like game

>20dex
lmao

>when you learn how to make an item and make it appear in a store...

Attached: 131846487134.gif (500x337, 430K)

the only modding creating satisfaction i've done was in morrowind
but I know the feel, it's something surreal to be sure

A wizard that starts with either a race that has +2 dex, or 2 int, will have either 19 dex/20 int at level 12 (or 19 int/20 dex). That's with normal point buy.

Not only will they cap both dex and int by 16 they'll have room for a few feats.

if it's an option i will unironically play as a chaotic good drow
no scimitars though

You'll probably have locked alignments like in the first two Baldur's Gates

Drizzt is supposed to be the one time in history exception

pee pee failed save throw :(

No I'm laughing because you're retarded enough to think getting +2 dex is better than getting feats suchs as, let's says:

>Shield Master:
>If you take the Attack action on your turn, you can use a bonus action to try to shove a creature within 5 feet of you with your shield.
>If you aren't incapacitated, you can add your shield's AC bonus to any Dexterity saving throw you make against a spell or other harmful effect that targets only you.
>If you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you can use your reaction to take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, interposing your shield between yourself and the source of the effect.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, discussion's over.

how do you get backstabs in bg2/iwd? do you just need to be behind the enemy or do you need to be invisible as well?

Yeah, D&D is kinda heavily on the side of nature (or genetics) when it comes to nature vs nurture. Only humans are really free from genetic morality leanings.

honestly maybe i just have snowflake blood but i really like redemption stories and playing traditionally evil races but good (or trying to be good)
i'll play an evil one if i have to tho

Attached: 1248793523864.gif (200x130, 867K)

both

>brings up feats for heavy armor
>switches to talking about shield master
>on a wizard

Glad this discussion is over since you just clearly skimmed the SRD and called it a day.

Any kind of paladin with a 1 level hexblade dip. Don't even need strength or dex, can just put it all in charisma. Broken as fuck.

Attached: sarevok_chaotic_good_alignment_shift.jpg (1200x216, 322K)

>he thinks getting +2 dex is better than getting +1 dex + armour proficiency
>he literally needs me to spell it out for him
Why do I even bother replying to such a gigantic retards is beyond me. Truly I'm too good for this shithole.

Alignment changes were well done in ToB because it was satisfying to see their development over the multiple games. They're also really hard to actually get and do well, and you can mess up their alignment change at any time in the dozens of responses you have to do right.

No he's not. forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Eilistraee

I forgot about her but my point still stands. Locked alignments are pretty much expected if they let you play as Drow.

there she is
my goddess gf

Your point don't stand at all, there are no locked alignments in D&D.

I really doubt it. Alignments don't have much presence in 5e and every single race has a clause that their are/could be good/neutral versions of "Insert traditional evil race".

You are the one bringing up how you can get heavy armor on a wizard, and shield master, and all how broken 5e feats are. I'd put ASIs or feats elsewhere

>Truly I'm too good for this shithole.
You are absolutely perfect for this shithole.Don't ever change. Anonymous shitposting and not knowing what you're talking about is your element.

Or just take bladesinger instead lmao. Imagine taking those feats on a full wizard.

Polearm Mastery Sentinel Paladin
Oath of Vengeance
Hopefully they will discount the sage advice and proc divine smite on the second swing

My bad, I got mixed up with the class alignment locks.
Maybe so, I just imagine most people would only pick Drow to be the "im the special snowflake to follow drizzt huzzah"

I'd pick them for my first evil playthrough of the game. Man I really hope Larian don't fuck up and the talks of them expanding the studio massively just for this game is a good sign

>all this talk about getting high AC on wizards with DEX or feats
>When by the time you get to that point you can just stage mage armor, stone skin, high invisibility and mirror image.
Niggers

Attached: 1559448409003.gif (320x240, 110K)

Of course bladesinger is broken, that's not the point. Follow the discussion before replying next time.

>stone skin, high invisibility
Can't have them both active at the same time in 5e.
Concentration.

How do I get into dnd with my friends if we don't know any gm.
Also is enhanced edition of bg1 and 2 any good? It's dirt cheap on steam right now

>5.5/6 of the classes op named as most powerful are spellcasters
I see some things refuse to change

A cigarette? Gay

5e does a lot to kinda stop you from just stacking 999999 magic items and spells to become an unkillable goddess

Cleric, Wizard, Druid are really the only full spellcasters there

I mean if you are counting any class with any kind of spellcasting abilitiy as a "spellcaster", that's a minority of classes so it stands to reason it would be a minority ofthe top classes

make the sacrifice and learn to gm yourself
it's worth it

EE is fine if you are too lazy to mod and patch the original. You should ignore the Beamdog OC, they are terribly written.

It's the law of the natural world, cast with the best or cleave with the rest.

Attached: 1561382454899.gif (360x314, 1.8M)

>follow the discussion
Grabbing heavy armor on a wizard is not good. The fact that you think it's so impressive shows your ignorance.
Wizards start with no armor proficiency. So guess what? You must take three feats to get to heavy armor because each feat requires proficiency in the previous armor class. Three entire feats. And you need a certain amount of strength to no suffer speed bonuses unless you are a dwarf.
Wizards only get 5 ASIs total. Total waste and you won't have heavy armor proficiency till 12th level. You are just gimping yourself.

>He still didn't follow discussion

The discussion began heavy armor. Shield master doesn't hold up any better, that still takes Three Feats. You are trolling or just don't know 5e.

>He still didn't follow discussion
Oh he followed it, he just spelled out why you're a retard.

Illithids aren't monsters. They are a cthonic race that uses high-tier psionics and have traversed the planes en masse. They have dominated several entire races, as well.

>Illithids aren't monsters
>t. Illithid
But yes, you are right

I can't wait for everything fun to be neutered like in pillars of eternity

Attached: 1552495230854.png (1280x1476, 1.74M)

What do I start with? The essentials kit?

At least they're going to buff clerics and druids....right
haha

Oh they're monsters alright

Attached: 10674-Paladin.jpg (1024x768, 145K)

Nope, the discussion started on feats negating some core rules and not being anything like 3.5 feats. TThe point of the wizard in heavy armor with no downside example was to illustrate how 5e and 3.5e feats aren't the same like you claimed. After that you just went on strawmaning and moving goalposts like the gigantic mongoloid you are.

There's no need to reply twice faggot.

> TThe point of the wizard in heavy armor with no downside
Look at this retard

Attached: 1522442466774.gif (240x257, 673K)

I just want games to be designed flavor first again

Attached: 1559830364883.jpg (500x344, 14K)

>3.5
>realism
kek

>TThe point of the wizard in heavy armor with no downside
You have to take a shitload of feats to prevent make heavy armor not fuck you up as a wizard, it's one of the most awkward and ineffective ways to build a wizard.
A Warlock? Maybe, since they have better starting armor proficiencies, but no "pure" spellcaster takes heavy armors with supposedly no downside, you're sacrificing multiple feats that could have maximized your efficiency tremendously instead of wasting slots on what is essentially narcissism.

not totally related but when i was a kid playing neverwinter nights, building my sorcerers or wizards to have full auto still spell made me so happy

The Harpers are the biggest psyop in fantasy literature. Elminister is complicit in their crimes. The majority of FR lore, as much of it is written by Harpers and their sympathizers, is unreliable as fuck. You have to dig for the truth. Most of you will think I'm memeing. Those of you who know what I'm talking about know the real deal.

Trust no one.