Wats the verdict is it good

wats the verdict is it good

Attached: bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-review-fg258pf424.png (1200x600, 330K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thegamesmachine.it/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-recensione/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodstained:_Ritual_of_the_Night#Reception
thegamesmachine.it
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/our/ guy Iga did it

Attached: igaking.png (1280x800, 1.16M)

Great game but the flaws need ironing out.

wat flaws

It's somewhat buggy and the later parts of the game come off a bit rushed.

Hopefully a sequel will iron these out and improve on the aesthetic.

They're not game-breaking, but
>Random freezes
>Stuttering when you get new shards or occasionally kill enemies
>Some shards unequip themselves randomly
>Laughably low FPS during one of the later bosses

Do we really need this exact thread 20 times a day? Yes it's good and if you were going to get it you would have already

Missed out
>dropped items can spawn outside of the 2D plane you exist on
and the game breaking stuff like
>certain enemies can just send you through the level whenever they feel like it

True. Forgot about the first one, though I've never had the second happen to me in the 20+ hours I've played.

It's good. And it is going to get better with all that free DLC.

Attached: 20190625034904_1.jpg (2560x1440, 592K)

I read that the switch version has input lag... is that true?

Is it better than timespinners? I don't have a lot of time to play videogames so I'd prefer to choose the superior one

Good game made by not entirely competent developers. Art sucks, engine’s buggy, balance is whack, but game design shines through.

how long did it take to 100%?
how long is a normalplaythrough?

Just picked the game up on Switch. Should I play through it normally or enter the cheat and start on hard or Nightmare? Would I potentially miss anything doing it this way?

Its almost perfect, outside of some goofy backer stuff and maybe not as great music as other iga games.

There are a fair number of typos in the dialogue and even the menus, which bothers me.

Attached: image.jpg (473x527, 157K)

Iga did what Inafune couldn't

Its great, a solid metroidvania. Also is SnS a good metroidvania?

Attached: 538304-salt-and-sanctuary-xbox-one-front-cover.jpg (720x1080, 107K)

Best release of the year

Not as good as Sotn.
Sotn felt more focused.
Bloodstained feels a bit all over the place.
Seriously, this game didn't need crafting.
Most of the shards may as well be worthless.
A couple of shards are just fucking broken.
Bosses don't feel well designed and are all over the place.
The castles immense size is not utilized very well, resulting in a lot of samey rooms.
It just straight rips a ton of stuff from sotn instead of evolving what sotn had.

you might as well be summing up the whole problem with indie games. m

The game is really fun my only complaint is I still feel that the character art isn't very good especially the main character Miriam. Devs should've gone for a more dramatic art style that reflects the legacy and letting westerners choose the lighting was a poor decision. Other than that it's got a lot of value, you can play a lot of ways, try a ton of stuff, explore a boatload, with fun fights and ideas.

Attached: 1561421990005.jpg (850x1200, 85K)

Man I love SOTN to death but you just described a ton of shit that's wrong with that came too, from copypasted rooms to an absurd bloat of items with terrible balance
Also why the fuck does EVERYONE insist on comparing it to SOTN when it is in every single way a clone of Aria and Dawn

It's ok mechanically but the characters and artstyle are so fucking ugly I can't bring myself to play it for more than an hour or two

Depends on the indie.
Celeste for example is short, but also nothing but quality the entire way though.

Enjoyed the hell out of it. Has a very SotN feel and gives a really good feeling of starting weak and becoming god-like by the end.

>Also why the fuck does EVERYONE insist on comparing it to SOTN when it is in every single way a clone of Aria and Dawn
Because I've only played sotn and that's all I know.

It's Castlevania, as it was before Lords of Shadow. It's wrong to compare to SotN. Instead compare to Order of Ecclesia, that was the last game in that style that IGA did it. It's a natural evolution of everything the DS games had, so you feel at home if you ever played them.

runs like dogshit, I'll try it again if they ever fix performance

I mean, you even got the "you cant kill the apparently end boss because he is brainwashed" from SOTN

I'm a big ass Metroidvania buff, but I only played sotn for the first time last week. It might be considered blasphemy, but I thought it was a far cry from God tier, I enjoyed pretty much every single Metroid I've played more than sotn. Even Samus Returns.

You had to be there, dude. It was a different time and the game did many things that the "metroidvania" genre today takes for granted.

it's a really good game, but it's liek the ff7 of the genre. A pioneer in the feild.

It looks like shit and is very easy.
Aside from those two it's great.

BROS WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONG?
I HAVE BEEN ON ZENS 2ND FIGHT FOR 3 HOURS. WHAT THE FUCK. I AM CONVINCED Yea ForumsFAGS ARE LYING ABOUT 1 SHOTTING ALL BOSSES ON THEIR FIST TRY. I HAVE PLAYED SaS AND HK AND THOSE GAMES WERE WAY EASIER. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

Attached: 1550731266161.gif (320x320, 944K)

That's not his hat

>how long did it take to 100%?
36 hours for me, but I did it mostly blind. I also did things that were not required, like mastering all the techniques and getting 500000 gold for the achievement.
>how long is a normalplaythrough?
I would guess around 15 hours.

Attached: 20190625034918_1.jpg (2560x1440, 629K)

bit longer than your average gba/ds castlevania then

I literally beat this dude like 3rd try, and I'm hot fucking garbage at castlevania.

I honestly cannot understand being this shit at the game. Humanoid bosses are fucking easy, just keep jumping behind them whenever they telegraph anything.

>how long is a normal playthrough?
10 hours, tops.

it reeks of "bootleg castlevania" but is still fun. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would

it also has a really cute main character with big tiddies

>"Vulgar plagurism"

>A burning disappointment, this Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. A metroidvania all too anchored in the past that does not really add anything new to the genre that Koji Igarashi himself has helped to make bloom. Not to mention the many problems that affect not only the technical and artistic sector, but also the purely gameplay elements, particularly with reference to the combat system. A lot more could be expected from Igarashi-san, especially considering the enormous success achieved in the crowdfunding campaign.

thegamesmachine.it/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-recensione/

Attached: 6 point 5 out of 10.jpg (700x785, 109K)

Did you invert?

>Have potato pc
>Never happened to me
What are you playing on user? I have everything in low settings 720p and it runs like a charm in my 10 year old pc

>symphony of the night
>with 4k graphics, 120fps animation, and a sexy female protagonist
all I ever really wanted in a game, bought Shantae Half Genie Hero for the same reasons

KABOOOOM

Ya it looks differrnt from the concepts. The green alchemist who does the crafting for you is suppose to be another additional playable character and i didnt even recognize him at first

>dude just jump behind him
I am you fucking loser. fight goes on for 20 min and I only need to get hit 8 times to die. and I need to hit him like 20-30 times each phase.
tried but I am better at reading his attacks non inverted.

The water pump is utterly broken if you have garbage weapons, it's like 30+ damage a tick and rapes him. When he's changing weapons you can basically knock off half his health unchallenged.

If you're really a shitter just make some food and face tank the damage.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodstained:_Ritual_of_the_Night#Reception

Attached: reception.jpg (1087x440, 193K)

>I AM CONVINCED Yea ForumsFAGS ARE LYING ABOUT 1 SHOTTING ALL BOSSES ON THEIR FIST TRY.
Yea Forums lying about difficulty?
I'm shocked!
Shocked!!

Well not that shocked.
The game's not as easy as Yea Forums lets on. It has some nasty difficulty spikes assuming you don't cheese.

dragon does 69 a tic at can get half of his health out and you can be in ice faze right after normal if you do it right but I just fucking suck at this boss.

>"Damn this game is too easy, I should have played on hard"
>"Yes, I am abusing extremely OP shards and spent time grinding food, how could you tell?"

Attached: 1554809800752.jpg (400x535, 73K)

your pc probably sucks. I play in 4k cinematic and that never happened to me.

>10 hours, tops.
Nah, I saw a stream with some faggot that rushed through most things: 85% map completion, didn't cook, barely did any quests or crafting and asked his chat as soon as he got stuck. It took him 12 hours.

you literally just get behind him. use a weapon with enough reach that you can throw 1-2 hits out and be safe when he's neutral, then he'll send out a neutral ground attack which you just dip out for, or; when he jumps in the air get ready to slide/back jump however so that you're behind him.

you just do the same thing for like two minutes.

everything since SotN has been a bootleg of SotN, Harmony even copied and pasted the most unique SotN boss three fucking times.

I had 97% map completion, cooked a decent amount, missed only a few quests, and only looked for help when I was stuck for more than 10 minutes. The one exception was the moon shit, I accidentally saw a spoiler about cutting a red moon and noticed it during the fight.

It took me 9 hours, so still under 10 if you count dying to bosses.

I don't know how the game could last you much longer unless you were literally doing EVERYTHING. If the acceleration powerup wasn't locked behind the final fucking castle, I could've easily been done in 7, and that's without rushing through any rooms.

>didn't cook, barely did any quests or crafting
Metroidvanias are usually fast paced games.
Why the FUCK would anyone want this shit to bog down their game?

What's the best way to master techniques? I just use za warudo and spam the technique in weak enemies.

Attached: 1559628517698.jpg (1000x1000, 74K)

because it's fun in this game.

I would beg to differ.
When I released I wouldn't be able to get a proper end game weapon without grinding it brought my fun to a screeching halt. The damage my best weapon currently does is pitiful compared to some of the shards.

Attached: 1556854055429.png (320x353, 82K)

you literally don't need to grind. I got my end game weapon at the end, everything else carried me fine. The cooking shit is excellent though.

Wrong thread, user.

based retarded persona poster

I think its better than those other two kickstarter games

No

I got my lightsaber whip just by playing the game like I played SotN, that is, just playing it without putting too much focus on what I'm actually picking up. Before I even made it to the Den of the Behemoths I had that whip. It might not be the best weapon in the game, but it is strong enough to handle whatever is in that ice cavern. And all it took was not spending any money till the end. And the 8 bit boss fight

>thegamesmachine.it
Literally who?

yes

Attached: 1560324084779.jpg (2592x3364, 1.56M)

How'd you get it?

The minor issues consist of bugs, typos, some bad animations and terrible cutscenes. The bigger issues are the rushed last 20%, the few terrible areas, and the boring boss fights. Game is still amazing, and a sequel could easily fix all of the issues. Still, absolutely fantastic and extremely fun

You just save up your money. The 8 bit and beyond coins are good for solid quality weapons

I never cooked anything or crafted any gear and the game was still easy. The only boss I had to try repeatedly was Zangetsu 2. Hard mode seems like it fixes a lot of the difficulty issues, especially on fights like the Twin Dragons

timespinner is just OoE but with bad writing.
play literally any other metroidvania.

the writing isn't even bad you mong, the antagonist's motives are weak that's all.

alright you've convinced me, i'm filtering you dumbass website.

Attached: 1290815604293.jpg (222x200, 21K)

Attached: faster.gif (320x320, 1.66M)

The game is fun to play, feels like your typical meteoidvania which is great. The issues the game has really keep it down in my opinion.

The boss fights are incredibly boring and forgettable, the music isnt anything special or memorable, the cutscenes could use more work and its definitely not igas biggest castle like was promised.

I'd give the game a 6/10. I'm hoping a sequel is in the works that will fix these issues.

No need to pretend OoE had flawless writing itself.
>Albus pretends to be bad because...?
>he's actually checking the town citizens for any trace of Belmont heritage because he wants to save the world from Dracula
>B-but I have to fight Shanoa! Because....?
it was a really slapdash excuse for having him be a boss/sacrifice for Dominus

it's my favorite IGA game though

it's mediocre at best and no amount of DLC is going to change that

just go back and replay Symphony or Aria if you need your Igavania fix that badly

Tranny

Yea, it's boob

It’s strange that CotM ended up having vastly superior bossfights.

Italian gaming print magazine since 1991.

It's literally the one negative review. They're cherry picking to stir things up.

>and its definitely not igas biggest castle like was promised.

It is technically the biggest single Castle. Symphony is bigger since it has the inverse castle to double the size o fthe map. Portrait has a million little stages to make it bigger. But for single castles, this is the biggest.

>Not playing the game in Japanese
fucking plebs

Attached: 692850_20190623033855_1.png (1280x720, 1.07M)

It's as soulless as it looked when it was first announced.

WARNING

The switch cart can't be started offline. You need to be online or download something

The game itself is good. My main disappointment is that they dropped support for Linux after initially promising it. So now I have to use Windows, an OS which Microsoft itself says is literally fucking gay.

Attached: windows_gay.jpg (699x1048, 1003K)

I don't know because I got the PC version which runs like total shit and has ridiculous audio problems making it unplayable on my machine. Other people are reporting the same problem but it doesn't seem to be widespread enough for it to get prioritized as a fix, so I'm not expecting to be able to actually play this shit that I bought and paid for until months from now.