What does Yea Forums think of Sleeping Dogs? I got it last night since it was at a heavy discount...

What does Yea Forums think of Sleeping Dogs? I got it last night since it was at a heavy discount, liking it a lot so far. I've hardly touched the story, I just walk around and get food from street vendors.

Attached: sd.png (1920x1080, 2.89M)

Unironically better than GTA.

I've never played Yakuza, but is it at all comparable to Sleeping Dogs or GTA? My last few hours spent playing this has left me with a craving for more Asian open world. I don't even want to fight anyone, just explore.

yakzua is similar in that it is smaller scale city and mainly brawling combat but they feel like very different games. it sounds like you would enjoy it though, there is a lot of exploring and finding fun sidequests

Yakuza has no vehicles it's all walking around a city helping people (with your fists) and doing minigames

POAK BAHN

yakuza has an almost autistic level of food vendors and restaurants to buy from

I love it but can't replay it knowing that there will never be a sequel...

A bit. Yakuza is a lot smaller world and no cars.

Awful story, brain dead simple gameplay.

Fucking hurts. Square Enix could have had legitimate competition for GTA but the retards squandered it.

Pretty generic open world game honestly. I remember the monkey island thing being kind of fun though. Rest of the game is kind of generic.

I don't get why people jerk over it so much like it's better than GTA. It's a competent GTA clone for sure, but to me it just feels like a lot of people haven't played Yakuza before playing it, it feels like Chinese mix of Yakuza and GTA and while it is competent at combining them, it's not as good as either of them in respective areas.

I love the combat and the story is fun, it's a good game.

Personally I feel it's better than HD GTA but not on the level of SA.

Check out the remasters of Shenmue I & II. Not too much fighting, lots of investigating/exploring. And driving forklifts.

Yakuza is a spiritual successor to the Shenmue series but it's way more over the top and very action/beat 'em up heavy

Attached: shenmue-remaster-city.jpg (1050x525, 184K)

trash gameplay and an average story, but Yea Forums loves it because its not as popular as gta

Agreed. SA is tough to beat, though, it's the king of that type of game.

i thought it was boring as fuck. i really didnt like it

Driving mechanics are horrible. I want to play more, but they're just fucking dreadful.

Boring and ugly as fuck.
Literally one of the worst open world games I ever played.

I liked the mix of driving/shooting/brawling it had, it reminded me a lot of True Crime: LA which I played a fuckton as a kid. From what I remember it was initially supposed to be a sequel anyway. Each of those gameplay types were done competently, it wasn't anything stellar, but pretty good. Also having a pretty neat and personal story also helped a lot.

Why the fuck does everyone jerk off over San Andreas so much?
>DUDE JETPACKS LMAO

I played like about an hour last night, I'm not really sure I feel like keeping it. The combat seems shitty so far.

>he fell for the meme
EAT SOME LE PORK BUNS xD

>What would happen if we forced GTA and Yakuza to fuck then gave the baby to SE to raise?

It was originally supposed to be a true crime game, you know.

Game is fun, but shallow.

Because it was unironically the last GTA made for real gamers. No online multiplayer, tons of customization, lots of little hidden features and things to do outside of main missions, long story that made it seem like you were on an epic quest as you moved from one part of the map to the next, etc.

It was the last GTA made with gameplay in mind and not being a complete graphics whore and "LOOK AT ALL THIS EMPTY SPACE THE MAP IS SO BIG" coming before gameplay.

Fun, But short.

It's not a bad game.

I think you'll see that lots of people like the game, but not very strongly. The game really doesn't have any hook or high water mark - it's just kind of a decently solid game.

there is no game in which i enjoy night time motorcycle drives as much, i'd say that's its single strong point

Oh yeah dude, good point.

The driving in this game is probably the high point.

I hate the stupid batman-tier combat.

The driving is so dog shit

This game is a checklist simulator disguised as a GTA

I also got it recently because it was ridiculously cheap. It's been good so far but the controls are a bit shitty and I left my controller in my apartment while I'm at my parent's place.

No and the combat in Yakuza is dogshit

every open world GTA style game that isn't GTA has dogshit driving and physics by comparison
even the often criticized GTA IV driving feels perfect while everyone else is on par with III to this day

Attached: 1454634493341.png (424x501, 251K)

Really fun. Wish it were a bit longer and a map a bit bigger.

Brazilians that play this game obsessively because their PCs are toaster-tier. There's a very active SA modding community there.

Fighting engine is exactly the same as Bully, because it's the same team.

Fuck that modern "simulator but not really" boring middle ground shit. In this game if you jump from a bike and shoot a car it fucking explodes. That's how video games should be.

This is why R* bought the developer team of an actually pretty fun racing game (Midtown Madness) and implemented it in GTA III and based the next versions. Other devs making a GTA copy dont have a clue about driving and just slap some shitty boring driving physics

Heavily consolefied, unplayable. Awful shooting, bizarre driving, fine hand-to-hand combat.

It’s not fun to play this game so what is the point?

i like explosions too but that's mostly just compensating for a lack of competence in a crucial aspect of the game. the driving just doesn't feel good and it's vital

Yakuza is more or a Kenka bancho type game where you walk around and do side quests and fuck around the city.

Sleeping dogs is arcade style GTA. Everything is smaller, faster, but a bit less "detailed".

>Watch_Dogs' driving physics.
>They have racing challenges and chase missions.
>Regular cars handle like tanks on ice and can barely turn.
>Motorcycles can turn like a dream but they also handle like they're on ice and if you touch anything you get flung off into the sky.

meanwhile in GTA IV you can literally have fun just hitting a random car with a baseball bat and looking at the detail