The Sinking City

Comes out on June 27, will you play it anons?

>inb4 epic yadda yadda

youtube.com/watch?v=BIg_hOnt4ec

Attached: Em0Wjrn.png (914x895, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DCSvtzseFso
steamcommunity.com/games/750130/announcements/detail/1821050404983574362
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's already out for preorderers and looks like a decent janky detective game, which is a pretty rare genre now so I'm waiting for a crack

As long as the reviews aren't bad, I'll probably buy it since I'm desperate for something new. Fucking hate this time of year, barely anything comes out

>Release date: 27th June
>pre-purchase to get a 48H early access
so...it came out today?

Nope, I don't play epicshit.
>inb4 epic yadda yadda
Get out of here shill.

Attached: C E A S E.png (672x513, 383K)

Looks based

It has Denuvo and piratefags can't play it

I was going to buy it but I'll watch Forsen play it today instead because why would I wait to play a story game when I can get the same experience today for free.

theres no denuvo

Ill pirate it when its cracked and probably never play it

Oof, then Steam drones will just pirate it as "revenge"

Simply epic op

Try shilling on rebbit

pass, gameplay looks garbage from nearly the 40m footage i watched
besides, its too creepy

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 276K)

i will if its not just
>dude tentacles lmao epic lovecraft lose my mind

Waiting for FitGirl

Next time you try to market the Epic shitshow here, try to do more then spout buzzwords.

I think it looks promising, but it will inevitably flop so I'll pick it up for cheap in October.

Looks like mediocre jank.

I have it on the Ps4 and played a decent amount yesterday.

Pros :
-if you've read some Lovecraft then you will pick up on a decent amount of references, even little ones.
-The game has a very Silent Hill vibe
-The detective work is fun and feels rewarding, yes you have "Batman Vision" but its only used to put events in sequence. Actually finding people and deciding where to look are completely on you, no quest markers. You have to read and use your brain. Your map is your greatest ally and you can place a ton of markers on it to stay organized.
-Lots of outfits to choose from that can be unlocked

Cons:
-It's definitely jank. Movement is fine with the camera sensitivity moved up.
-Combat can take some getting used to as you get used to the camera speed.
-Graphics aren't amazing but aren't terrible. - I'm hoping for some patches real soon because the frame rate on a base ps4 can't stay at even 30 to save its life, it actually made me motion sick.

I am having fun though. ask questions if you'd like.

yes

Attached: jacksparrow-e1486556832235.jpg (1718x1598, 293K)

Attached: 1561476931089.png (914x895, 1.01M)

looks interesting

Is the focus on the combat or the detective work?

Attached: 57d.png (1673x2160, 2.24M)

is the map actually as big as it looks? is it full of buildings you can enter and are there lots of optional quests?

>Another Innsmouth inspired game
Lovecraft wrote more stuff than giant squids and sea monsters.

Attached: 1528462914898.jpg (497x646, 128K)

>No reviews
>No voice chat
>No community forums
>No workshop
>No screenshot sharing
>No wishlist
>No game tags
>No shopping cart
>No discovery queue
>No one-click online streaming
>No h-games
>No music category
>No software category
>No video category
>No linux support
>No mac support
>No regional pricing
>No payment option variety
>No marketplace
>No trading cards
>No trading
>No user profile customization
>No achievements
>No controller support
>No family sharing
>No overlay with browser
>No client skinning support
>No controller-friendly mode
>No local network gameplay streaming
>No cloud saves
>No backup feature
>No adding third party games to your list
>No third party key registration
>No new features since I made this pasta
>No reason to use Epic Store

Attached: epicfagsales.jpg (1360x970, 280K)

Detective work, but you have a decent amount of combat as you start exploring. I'd say it's 70% Detective work and 40% combat, but I am only 4ish hours in.

>70% Detective work and 40% combat

Attached: 15444307989180.jpg (661x505, 48K)

>epic store
yeah, nah

It's pretty big, you have multiple districts with walking areas and flooded streets that you'll need to use your boat for, which is actually really easy to use. A lot of buildings can be explored and there are "infected areas" that may have dangerous enemies but rewards inside such as ammo and materials. There are also underwater diving sections out in the ocean.

How's atmosphere compared to DCotE?

Too obvious, Shoo.

Innsmouth and Cthulhu are pretty much everything normalfags think about when they hear "Lovecraft".

this game looks like fucking trash
the fact that it's egs exclusive makes it worse, it would be like a console bragging about having some euro-jank game like elex as a first party exclusive title

Haha just realized that. In my defense I just woke up.

110% GAME™

Be gone, shill.

you zoomer nigger I'm waiting for the crack and have been interested in the game for 2 years

Seriously fuck people for latching onto a couple of stories from not only the guy that wrote much more, but also practically ignoring Robert W Chambers’ work. ‘Fear of the unknown’ is the whole point of this genre, not just squid tentacles. Still interested in the game though

>1(one) extra skillpoint
what the fuck kind of game is this? who the fuck lets you buy a fucking skillpoint

Attached: 1522146217499.jpg (500x700, 88K)

10% of detective combat

Yup, you guys caught me. I get paid for this. I actually am the lead designer of water effects for the studio.

>all of a sudden GMG is sending me discount coupons for Epic games which have never been done before
>25% off Blunderlands 3 when it was full price for the longest time
OH NO NO NO NO EPICBROS I THOUGHT WE DIDN'T NEED TO DO THAT TO COMPETE

I will play it eventually, but I will never support the epic store.

literally typical AA Focus funded trash. Of course they would take a deal from Epic, whatever they get would be more than they would get if it were on Steam. Just remember. This game is on Tim, bros.

Hows the performance on PS4?

Thinking of getting it instead of PC since I really don't want to deal with Epic game store.

N-no... Come back...

Attached: epic just.jpg (400x400, 30K)

As of right now with no Day 1 patch, bad. It's made me little motion sick from the stuttering and screen tearing.

No, you're either a fan boy who does it FOR FREE or worker drone #7492C46, a subcontracted employee who either does marketing or minor development.

Started it last night since I preordered. The graphics are abysmal but it is scratching the exact itch I had for a creepy game. Really enjoying the atmosphere of the game so far. It's one of those lower end games that has a certain charm to it and lends itself well to the horror genre.

The VAs lack the accent from the 20s, and context buttons are stupid for an investigator game.

I gave you a cons list too, moron. Enjoyable but janky as hell.

B-but it's not from Focus Home
Also, The Council was great

Frogwares have yet to make an actual good fucking game and not a cheap thrown together mess. Fucking spooky Watson was them. All the tone death Sherlock games like Devils Daughter.

I fully expect this game to be over priced and boring as all fuck. At least it can#t be worse than the recent Call of Cthulhu

Unlisted trailer... how do you have this link?

Attached: unlisted.png (562x211, 20K)

Jesus fuck. God forbid someone show actual interest in a video game here, if you ask a question about something you're instantly labeled a shill trying to sucker folks into buying the game. I don't know why I keep coming to this shit hole expecting actual chatting about games. The solid thread here and there is getting more and more rare.

Nemesis/Awakened were top tier kino you dumb zoomer. Glitchy NPC teleporting is a minor thing that barely affects anything

Those games are ten times better than C&P/Devil's Daughter and other "press X for detective vision and puzzle auto-solving" shitfests with QTEs.

Just take a moment to contemplate how dumb one has to be to put QTEs in a comfy point and click game.

based

>I pointed out obvious flaws that will get called out, how could I ever speak negatively about the game?
Then after a patch or two this changes to
>Wow, they even fixed all the jankiness guys, now it's so good!
Blame the Epic Store and the decade long cash grab that has been big game studios buying and shutting down any creative studio which could become a threat to them.

This is what happens when you're consistently hostile towards the group of people who supported them when they still made games worth a damn that didn't ask for your credit card info to give you items so you don't have to play the game as long.

>this game got cucked out of being the official CoC game
>this game got cucked out of a Steam release because the devs said no one cared about the game
>this game got cucked out of sales from being an unknown game on a ghost town platform
I'll wait till it comes to Steam and then wait for a sale. Or hell, I'll just pirate it, stupid devs don't deserve money.

Attached: 1445716032494.jpg (600x505, 55K)

steamfags being butthurt will never not be funny

I think they themselves dropped the CoC title because they wanted to polish the game more, it was delayed for like a year

See

Dev shilling his garbage

Which one is better: Call of Cthulhu (the new one) or The Sinking City?

>Game continues to cuck itself on sales due to shitty attempts to shill on an imageboard

Attached: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.jpg (200x267, 13K)

>Choose your ending

Attached: 1557782526593.jpg (380x380, 50K)

CoC.
It's only good for one play-through, though.
It seriously nails the feeling of going insane and questioning what is happening.

Just some small advice:
When you level up a stat, pick at least ONE to focus on so you always have a viable solution to puzzles in the game. Strength isn't that useful after the first half of the game, so don't bother.

I bet it's like one ending that had a lot of thought and effort into it and like 2-5 others that are shit and only exist so they can say "your decisions matter."

Attached: pepecig.png (500x441, 214K)

the new coc is trash, it has undersampled 2006 graphics, it's literally not a game, and the same story about seeing a fish and going insane

>it's okay when mass effect does it
>its okay when DEHR does it
>its okay when The Walking Dead does it

Nah, that shit was lame in DEHR

>implying everyone was okay with mass effect doing it
>implying it wasn't a thing in the very first Deus Ex
>implying The Walking Dead isn't a literally choose-your-own-adventure stuff to begin with

If you say so, I think is fucking stupid, either laziness or they are afraid of forcing the player to replay the game.

Attached: 1558823414908.gif (245x230, 879K)

>dear diary
>today my dear wife, Eunice, turned into a fish person
>it was really eldritch and it made my insanity meter fill up
>I've left her unsupervised and locked behind a poorly constructed door
>I mustn't tell a soul plus what's that sound?
>Something coming up from the basement OH GOD IT'S AHHHHH-
>p.s. fuck niggers

>Mass Effect caused a huge outrage and memes for years to come
>DEHR left a sour taste for a very good game
>Telltale shit
try again

do you summerfags even understand implied text?

At least the first Deus Ex had you work your way through a "dungeon", compared to HR with multiple buttons.

Literally nobody was okay with any of those three examples though.

seems fake, how he could write all that stuff down if insanity makes your vision blurry

Nah, those were shit too. Choose your ending is a shit gimmick that doesn't work unless there's no sequel to the game. Even then most of them fucking suck and work just like this:

what an unbelievably breathtaking trailer
>

Attached: 1366825168960.png (320x287, 107K)

Do you understand your three examples aren't considered ok? Mass Effect was so fucking bad they had to patch in a better ending and even then it was still shit.

I'm still early in sinking city but I like it's exploration more than that CoC thus far. CoC actually had a decent story though so will depend on how Sinking City's story ends up going.

COMIC SAAAAANS

Epic ching chong

He wrote really big letters

The best "lovecraftian" game is Sunless Sea.
Prove me wrong.

Attached: tumblr_o9shsgllGT1qmi3ffo1_500.png.jpg (500x393, 58K)

Preorders on PS4 got it Sunday.

>ebin game store
Pirated the latest Call of Cthulhu game and glad I did because the game bad, will pirate this one as well. The first few chapters of Dark Corners of the Earth is still the best Lovecraft experience.
youtu.be/DCSvtzseFso

Attached: 1542431496944.jpg (221x195, 17K)

You mean eating chunks of flesh off a regenerating Old One and going insane.

>egs
I'll pass

>it's another point and click game masquerading as a FPS
Can this studio just stop

steamcommunity.com/games/750130/announcements/detail/1821050404983574362

Attached: 1542366791942.gif (290x189, 2.9M)